Unsounded

The salt lizard continues to be full of surprises.

And smaller lizards.

Attached: ch14_98[1].jpg (600x900, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/187465371820/met-our-last-senet-beast-huh-so-can-we-go-back
unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/187747864030/did-that-wandering-root-from-way-back-when-have-a
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/abouti.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/comic.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Roger_Foi-Hellick
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=PJOJMurkARA
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/miscellany.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Alderode#The_Castes
unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/179895871125/what-happened-to-sonum-etalarche-after-he-betrayed#notes
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So the bird's tittybird, what are the fish and the tree?

>If you can make him disappear
>you can protect the innocent
>prove your virtue
>know the taste of righteousness
>hate will make us free

the fish is probably the typhoon whale we'll meet later on, who may or may not also be riv if the theories about ilganyag being tirna and salt lizard being yerta are true (which is looking pretty likely right now since she even has a fucking storage womb or whatever that is)

>fish
I'm guessing a Typhoon Whale.

>tree
Maybe a Wandering Root?

The fish might be a Typhoon Whale as Riv. As for the tree, Baelar may have been a Wandering Root, since Ash has given two very interesting answers regarding them recently.
unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/187465371820/met-our-last-senet-beast-huh-so-can-we-go-back
unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/187747864030/did-that-wandering-root-from-way-back-when-have-a
>legend tells of a wise old Wand’ring Root who briefly walked the Second World of Men.
The page from chapter 3 that shows modern Gefendur depictions of the gods shows Baelar in red and black like Tirna, so them sharing those colors to me seemed like support for an Agib being Baelar despite being similar to Ilganyag, but this new info torpedoes that.

Ashley dropped a hint a while back on Tumblr about how, while the Wandering Root Duane killed was not intelligent, there may be some that are. I'll try to find the exact post.

Nevermind, it's already been linked here

Was Ssael the Rat that nibbled it’s way to God?

Uh, don't click on any of the crossed-out red links at the top of the new page. They're cursed.

oh fuck me. it's gonna be crazy when the curse starts fully hitting.

Attached: 1527351846204.png (361x370, 122K)

Does this mean we're gonna get Ents? Awyeah.

All right fellas, what do they say?

FUCK FOI HELLICKS AND FUCK CRESIANS

Dropping all these lore bombs on us after holding out so long. I'm feeling spoiled just having shit explained like this.

I vote salt lizard for new protagonist. And antagonist. And narrator. She just Says Shit Plain.

Nope, salt lizard as the truth font is so based I want it to run away and make a successful hippy lizard commune.
God speed you salty fuck

Typhoon whale and salty.

Attached: Riv_Yerta.png (602x528, 785K)

Mamalen Entek and tittybird.

Attached: Baelar and Tirna.png (600x491, 646K)

Typhoon Whale makes sense as Riv. Ashley says the Typhoon Whales are just giant hurricanes who waltz in and just fuck shit up without caring about what's happening to the little things beneath them.

What's with all the lizards

>If you can make him disappear
>You can protect the innocent
>Prove your virtue
>Know the taste of righteousness
>Hate will make us Free

So here's a thought. What if these words aren't the Curse whispering to the minds of the characters, but the actual words OF the Curse? Like this is the (translated) Tainish that is spoken when the Etalarche is cast? Or even more than that, what if these are the words of the First King (Rortide, I assume?) when it was cast the first time/spoken when Etalarche himself was tracked down and lynched?

From the wiki:

> Riv the Eldest Brother

>Riv is the "father" of the living world, as it was his seed that gave life to the arid earth in his sister's sacred womb. Traditionally depicted as an angry, tempestuous tyrant, he still bows unquestioningly to Yerta's commands. Riv has the demeanour of a blustering husband in the holy stories, and Yerta infallibly must shield the living world from his temper. He is, however, a beautiful singer. It's his song that awakens Yerta every morn, opening her eyes and bringing light to the world. Although it is the Eldest Sister that judges souls, Riv is their guide through the realms of the dead and he often decides their fate when there is hesitation from Yerta. For this reason, Riv is frequently exhorted by the families of the deceased who aren't quite certain how their loved one will fare in the afterlife.

>Riv is associated with the sea, throbbing eternally against the female earth, and many ships carve his form into their prow and keep a shrine to the divine Father somewhere shipboard. Birds are sacred to him, as well as the creatures of the deep, especially the singing whales. Many sailors will have his symbol tattooed somewhere on their body. He's the avatar of virility, manhood, power, and all things macho.

tempestuous tyrant

>tempestuous
>blustering
>singer
>sea
>birds
>creatures of the deep
>singing whales

Ashley you cheeky cunt.

So, does this finally confirm that Sonorie and Roger's aim is a reverse Etalarche curse in order to pacify Alderode?
It fits with her desire to end the conflict without genocide, forces the castes to submit the Cresce's "equal" ways, and could make the Alds abandon the Ssaelit faith
That leaves the Soud and NeoTains but perhaps She's willing to settle for eradicating just one caste

It seems to be stated pretty plainly by the Salt Lizard at the end of the page. Looks like on Monday we're going to get the explanation of just how it can be done.

Prakhuta wants the silver monster in Alderode too. These conspiracies must intertwine somehow
Could it be that the janky mechanics of the curse might present a weak point into the rest of the Khert? I know the Dammakhert is mostly separate but something as far reaching as the etalarche may fuckle things enough to have effects on the rest of the continental Khert that we have yet to know of

All this meta fuckery reminds me of the best parts of Homestuck. Except Unsounded puts all this towards a coherent narrative goal instead of just fucking about. Pretty slick.

Basically, though the nature of the exploit is unknown. She could
>make herself loved by alds
>make Alds hate eachother
>make Alds love eachother
>make Alds love Cresce
>destroy the Dammakhert entirely
Making Alds love or hate things outside the Dammakhert might not be possible, but the other 3 could be

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/abouti.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/comic.html
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Roger_Foi-Hellick

Just forcing them to undo the Aldish Khert hubs seems like the most straightforward option since it stops there ever being castes in the first place, but unless the mental effects continue even after the Dammakhert is broken down they'd still have the existing population around

>that eye
h-has that always been there? I've never been to that page before

>tfw Duane is going to fuck up at least this early part of Sonorie and Roger's plan
.>tfw he's inserted himself into their plans again, fifteen years later, in the present age of the comic

I kind of love this. At multiple turns, this grand conspiracy has been foiled by some random dude who doesn't even know he's doing it, despite him doing it multiple times now.

Attached: duane-8323.jpg (2000x2000, 609K)

It's all new for today's page I think.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=10&v=PJOJMurkARA
>tfw Sette rhymes with confetti, not wet
what the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Etalarche.jpg is a modified version of the portrait of roger from page 3

She's mostly said pronounce it how you will

You'll note she pronounces his name dwayne rather than what is usually accepted as being more like doo-an

So it matters fairly little on the whole. Use what sounds best to you. I for one refuse to pronounce Khert like I'm hacking up

The voiceless velar fricative isn't that hard to pronounce.Just use a French r and don't use your vocal cords.

I want to support her side stories except it's just the actual story comics are too slow for one person

So titty bird is hiding a titty woman inside her throat. Salty Lizard has an ava's demon style chest drawer (that miraculously moves the plot along while still looking gorgeous). Wandering Roots hide whole treasure troves inside their guts of dead soldiers. I wonder what the Typhoon whales are hiding inside of them.

I'm also curious why only the four of them managed to reach legendary, to godly, status when the rape snakes, water women, earth giants, and storm cocks aren't. Maybe the are just bigger/less common than water women and earth giants, so they were interpreted as more important for the original spiderpaws?

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch14/miscellany.html

The senet beast descriptions in the thrid volume actually hint of something hidden inside the typhoon whales.

man I should not clicking this shit alone in the dark at night.

Someone summarize this chapter for me, a brainlet.

Attached: am I retarded.png (1487x934, 609K)

did you not read the comic?

That conspiracy had him stuffed like a trophy and gave his daughter a bouquet of flowers. Duane is justified in dping whatever he can to that conspiracy.

Duane tells Sette and some Two Toed Lizards a story from his youth about the Salt Lizard, some kind of Two Toed Lizard God thing.

considering all the shit this lizard is telling the enemy if I was Duane/Claggart/the rest I'd have done my fuckin damnedest after this business to make sure that salty bitch was hunted down and ground into table shakers

Last page was:
>He Dreams of Your Children's Deaths
>He Laughs
>at the thought
>of them
>screaming

Shit, its reasons like this I am glad I come here. You guys help pick up the small things I'd completely miss out on otherwise. Now I am even more scared than I was before. Fucking meta-induced horror.

Ashley mentioned on her tumblr that Efheby, at least, don't really have the temperament to act as gods. Those that do apparently just give in to their predatory nature before too long and just mindfuck all of their worshippers to death. I doubt Stormbringers and Waterwomen are much different. They're too indifferent and fixated on fucking.

Before or after you go pissing in the wind?

Just had a thought...

What if it is the dammakhert, that keeps tittybird in the khert?

I wonder how much of this he was trying to forget before his perfect memory recalled it.

Minnow said that her kind who dwell in the water have been babies since the beginning of creation.

It makes sense. If, as an immortal being, your existence had no consequences, amassing material wealth was meaningless, and you were left to complete hedonism you'd be nothing but a carnal thing prone to temporary bouts of curiosity but would eventually just default to fucking.

The entire reason the "Senet Beasts are the Gefendur gods" theory doesn't sit well with me is the question of who created THEM. The Gefendur and the Ssaelit both believe that the Senet Beasts were created by the Gefendur gods. If the Senet Beasts ARE the gods, then we're left with a mystery: where did they come from? Where did the entire world of Kasslyne come from? Who, or what, is responsible for its creation? Even the Black Tongues, for all their atheism, don't really have an answer to that. Or do they? If they do, we haven't encountered it in the comics yet.

>110154728
What she was trying to say is that water babies have always been babies. Stormfolk never grow. The babies were created as babies and the crones as crones, static and unchanging.

Does it have to have a creator deity? Our world doesn't.

But you know who it really was.....

Attached: Aliens1.jpg (500x436, 24K)

That makes a whole lot more sense thanks.

Well, I guess you could say it’s all a bit Unsounded the webcomic by Ashley Cope

>Roger's dad started a rebellion, Cresce was supposed to help.
>Roger bailed, Cresce bailed, rebellion is getting fucked.
>Roger gets Etalarche cursed by Aldish government, a curse that makes all Aldishmen but the blondes hate your guts.
>Duane and friends get attacked.
>Attack makes the khert fucky (technical term) so curse doesn't work for a while.
>Roger sneaks back and smooches rebel leader (Vampire).
>They go to Salt Lizard with lizards (worshippers) and Duane's pals (snacks).
>Roger reveals he got cursed on purpose because Salt Lizard said he can turn it against Alderode.
I think that's everything up to this point.

Apparently Kasslynian humans can't go deaf because they can hear through their souls

Yep, she's mentioned that before on her tumblr. She apparently thought about the fact that because of soul hearing humans wouldn't have ears, but figured it'd be too ridiculous looking to people just finding the comic.

Also the religious teching is that humans evolved through "guided evolution" and were granted souls at some point. So it kinda makes sense for them to have ears.

>But in his panic, the king burned it FOREVER into your stupid khert.

Wonder what this means and if it might be similar to how Murkoph was stuck in the khert the way he was.

Human ears are vestigial anyway, too small to do any meaningful amplification. Likely the small ear bones and cochlea of kasslynians are fucked up but ears might be fine

I love your squeaky Alvin and the chipmunks voice, Ashley, never take up smoking.

Murkoph could be Etalarche, even if Ssael was a good Soud, one of his children may have had a fling with one of the other castes

>casualvillain.com/Unsounded/world/index.php?title=Alderode#The_Castes
>These castes are linked with the country's aberrant khert, the Dammakhert, which assigns a caste to an individual in the womb.

Possibly, though I wonder if this bit of text doesn't mean that two people of one caste can have a child of another by the whims of the Dammakhert.

But also possible that when Ssael was around, the strict caste system of modern Alderode wasn't a thing yet.

Each of us must go through this painful discovery, user.

Attached: Sette what.png (126x282, 64K)

lavender lizard bad

They may simply not know HOW to get it back out
Or it may well be so fucked up in its implementation that it’s rooted in like a tumor

Weren't the agib said to be nesting in wandering roots?

Maybe they lived in a weird symbiotic relationship, like the male stormfolk and the giant senet albatrosses.

Imagine Baelar to be a giant agib colony.

Not when he was born, but I am sure he helped create it.

Ilganyag refers to the gods once when talking to Duane, but we know she's sort of manipulating him a bit. Still, it serves as at least one example of acknowledgement of a prior creator.

I still think what's likely is the modern, orthodox Gefendur doctrine is a mixture of sources. There may well have been, or not been, four gods, but it was the historical actions of four influential Senet Beasts that gave rise to the specific beliefs in the persona of the gods held today. Alongside other sundry myths and traits from other sources common to such long running and evangelical religions. I don't think things will be as simple as ILGANYAG IS TIRNA, SHAENSIGIN IS YERTA, and so on. Just that the influence of these figures can be felt in how they were subsumed into the modern beliefs about the Gefendur gods.

Attached: tumblr_inline_myplveQwOO1qb3n6l.png (150x313, 51K)

Alderode as a country is around 1500 years old right? Incredible that you only need four generations of Coppers to have known the beginning of the country.
Ssael had to hide from Gefendur persecutors, but wasn't he friends with the king at the time? You'd think he would have plenty of protection

They’ll always be Set and Dwayne to me.

It means that the Etalarche Curse is now permanently a thing in the dammakhert. Like how nations normally burn spells into their own kherts for ease of use. If you know how to use it, you can, and there's no way to remove the spell from the dammakhert. Which is a problem, because apparently the spell is poorly coded and allows you administrator level access to the dammakhert if you can unravel how it works. This appears to be the key to the whole thing: it has nothing really to do with what the curse is meant to do so much as it was designed poorly and if you can access how it works, you'll be able to get into and fundamentally screw with the dammakhert. Like some kind of reverse rootkit, where installing it on other hardware gives that hardware access to all of your own.

He might have been a friend of the king in the beginning. But claiming to have killed your king's gods might have soured the relationship.

There's two timelines going on: The Official Aldish State Line, and the actual historical events. King Rortide was a barbarian/ I've seen some people call these people "Rortidians" as an ad-hoc way of describing their ethnicity and culture; Ashley has said these people phenotypically would like like paler Ulestrians/Crescians and barring the affects on their culture made by the the Dhammakert are culturally the predecessors to the present Alds. In any event, shortly after his conquest of Tain, the Gods gave the Alds the Dhammakert. Ssael becomes a man of importance in the new Alderode during the lifetime of Rortide, and receives some form of state patronage. He gets murdered by his grandson, and the curse was cast on him, Ssonum Etalarche, and hence it gets its name.

But in historical fact, we see that
>Salty says that the curse was made by Rortide, which checks out
>But says it was cast on Etalarche which would be doubly useless as Souds are not only not affected by the curse but cannot be targeted by it
>So perhaps Etalarche was a Bronze?
>But then, why did Rortide fear Etalarche?
One idea is that the King had Ssael bumped off for the reason that mentioned and then had Etalarche murdered to cover it up.

The Coppers that saw the rise of the Sonorie dynasty are, just now in comic, starting to die (presumably hideous, gruesome) deaths. Imagine if Washington, Jefferson, and Benjamin Franklin, and men of their generation, were not only still around but were still in politics. They also will continue to be in politics for approximately 40 more years.

I still maintain that Tittybird wants the monster there to open a hole in the Khert so she can get out.

>I still maintain that Tittybird wants the monster there to open a hole in the Khert so she can get out.

Rapesnake has stated that she would die if she were to leave the khert. Maybe something else has to happen first.

Duane is the one to open holes into the khert, not the silver. Maybe the silver is another part of the plan to remove the dammakhert, since it seems before its creation tittybird was still striding around in realspace.

Tittybird obviously has a bunch of things going on, pulling strings left and right, and seems to have a connection to Ssael and Murkoph. Her main goal might not be to get out of the Khert just yet.

But I don't think it's a coincidence that the weapon is first silver, the same stuff her bones are made of.

I got a suspicion that Sette is the part of Tirna that was exiled to live in the human world rather than her child in the traditional sense, which is why she can't leave the khert and why Sette has admin rights

Perhaps it's not that she wants to leave the Khert, but rather use the silver to make a bign enough "anomaly-zone", like Fachlyne or that big hole in the border, such that she can merge Kasslyne and the Khert?

>make Alds love eachother
Orgies in the streets.

where are you reading these words? I read all of the links and it appears nowhere

Hover your mouse over the buttons, tabs and images!

inferior touchscreen user. get a desktop, scum

>Does it have to have a creator deity
>Our world doesn't
user...

I didn't think of hovering over the arrow buttons, thanks

Just go back and read it again, it ain't long.

I thought he killed the gods after he was killed tho? But he was a big critic of the Gefendur before his death, so may as well have been a godslayer then

Maybe he got better.

So are we now suspecting the Twins really aren't gods but just powerful senet beasts? If tittybird is Tirna, she says she doesn't know what is in the unsounded.

Well, I see your point, but Azathoth is basically a non-entity. Not even worth considering.

It's funny, I originally naturally called her setty, but saw people in the threads calling her set, so I started saying that instead.

murkoph being etalarche is starting to sound extremely likely to me
all the heinous shit he keeps claiming he used to do is probably just what the curse "told" everyone else he did

I don't think Sette is Murk's daughter. Ssael's daughter seems more likely considering the lion motif

Sette is the daughter of Cain/Judas, but the semi-god great-granddaughter of Ssael.

Duane will be very perturbed by this situation.

Ashley has confirmed that Murkoph is neither Ssael nor Etalarche.

Murkoph is Ssael and Etalarche's incest butt-baby. Using his godlike powers, Ssael impregnated his soul after an enthusiastic round of make-up sex over the whole "betrayal" thing. 9 months later, Etalarche's soul gave birth to Murkoph. He inherited the body of Ssael, with its facial scars and legendary wang. And he inherited the soul of Etalarche, with its curse convincing him he was the wickedest thing imaginable. He inherited being dead from both of them.
It all makes sense, really.

Where did she say Murk isn't Etalarche? I know she said he isn't Ssael

I gotta admit something.

I loathe when the poofs get to talking in this comic. The way they speak stretches one page of information in to twenty and makes my eyes glaze over. Being cultured in this comic is just code for the mysterious ability to speak for a length of time while saying nothing at all.

Attached: 1516137492401.png (900x700, 28K)

Being cultured in real life is the same.

I don't agree, but I respect your opinion. Well-written purple prose is so rare in the modern day that I find the Alds delightful. But I enjoy shit like Downton Abbey so tastes will vary.

I'm inherently against it because modern education keeps trying to teach people to use as many words as possible to explain braindead concepts. It's touted as an exercise in language mastery, but when you push the exercise too far you're just conditioning people to lie.

>poofs
The gays?

I would find it annoying to talk to such a person, but reading their dialogue is very pleasing to me.

I mean, that's just not true. Hemingway kicked off the modern trend of stark and precise modern prose and that's been in fashion the last hundred years. Prosaic purple prose is mocked in literary circles and doesn't get much traction outside of certain fantasy works, and erotica.

And plebs? I mean, have you seen how most people text? Have you ever heard the President speak?

I enjoy Unsounded because the characters sound literate, and their dialog's written with an ear for cadence and alliteration. It's like watching a Coen brothers movie. I personally love it.

But again, I respect your opinion, friend.

>> Coen brothers movie

For better or worse, modern people want Joss Whedon dialog, not arthouse shit.

Where do you live, friend? Country of origin is fine.

American public education tried to bring it back in the 90's. Universities here will sometimes expect 100 page essays on why it rains as a literary exercise. Not purple prose specifically. Just the act of stretching a simple statement in to as many words as humanly possible. Conditioning kids to never say what they mean pisses me the fuck off.

It's only the Alds that talk like this and they do it for in-setting reasons. Their society is stuck centuries in the past since they're ruled by men who just don't fuckin die. Shartes have their own dumbass way of speaking and Cresians just sound like us.

As an American, I feel that there's a fine line. Multiple times there were papers where it felt the page count was inflated, but on the other hand I feel they partially do it to get students to fully explore the topic and not half ass it.

Massive faggot detected.

He ain't wrong though. Superhero movies make massive bank. Modern audiences want punchies, asplosions, and quips.

Nowhere

>Coen brothers movie
>arthouse shit
He is wrong. And a faggot.

You are also a massive faggot.

what the fuck does whatever you think "modern education" is doing have to do with dialogue in a fantasy webcomic

I mean, I do suck dick, but I'm also repulsed by the low quality of modern pop entertainment. However it was not my intention to trigger you, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day butt-fucking your diabetic mother.

That much I can agree on. There's a fine line between knowing enough about your own language to pick out words to better say what you mean for every situation and making yourself HARDER to understand.

Because it makes me mad. Pay attention.

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/179895871125/what-happened-to-sonum-etalarche-after-he-betrayed#notes

Attached: 1555127519831.png (1074x856, 558K)

Murkoph's greatest troll will be he's just some fuckin' schlub that wandered into the khert one day.

murkoph is queen crescia

At one point I think Ashley said Murkoph was designed to be as "vile and hateable as possible." With what we're currently seeing regarding the curse, it makes sense.

I thought Murkoph was designed to get Ashley off

Both can be true.

Oh that’s a DAMN lie. Boy is pussybait maximus

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Perhaps not, but I think Starfish is clear front runner for the ugliest, inside and out

Have you seen her fetishes?

Sure. Standard light guro kink. Enjoys attractive men getting savaged and/or raped, but only as long as it's pretty and dramatic and they're not allowed to die. Gay or straight, but gay is better. Straight stuff is all fluff because violence on women is a turn-off.

If you honestly don't think this is a really mainstream kink among girls you are a sheltered baby boy.

>implying
There were women in the comic's comments talking about flicking their beans to Starfish, and Yea Forums was full of dirty fujoshis with the hots for his neckfat.

When he was alive, of course.

I've been reading this tripe since the first chapter dropped and I've never seen that. In fact some weirdo printed a picture of Starfish out to use as archery practice and then posted photos of it stuck through with arrows.

Starfish is universally hated by all except for the few incels that got all hurt feelingsy when Sette stabbed him in the nuts.

Politics makes for weird allies. I doubt that idiot had any real care about Starfish, but he saw a dude getting violently stabbed in the dick and it fell into his narrative about how violence against males is considered and treated. And this caused him to lash out about it, putting him on Starfish's side almost as an after thought. And making him look super retarded.

This is what happens when you forget about the specifics of events and just interpret everything through the lens of some wider cultural conflict.

Attached: tumblr_nv1ea4Xfto1spyobpo1_500.jpg (500x667, 182K)

He's a fun character tho.

Attached: arctrit ramora.jpg (600x900, 275K)

The whole Cutter thing is really one of the best stunts Ashely's ever pulled on us. I can't really remember, did anyone call it?

Attached: ch10_117.jpg (600x900, 302K)

I see you never checked out the threads on /tg/, then.

All this talk of sadistic fujoshis is making me miss tumblr's fucked up underground fujo network. I feel like the bastion/ruck comic would have been really popular there.

Fortunately, this comic has a large enough fanbase that Cope can do what she wants with her writing, stay on schedule, and not starve to death.

>There were women in the comic's comments talking about flicking their beans to Starfish

I can't imagine who gets hot and bothered for a fat, balding, cowardly manlet sociopath who likes to sexually abuse children.

Give Cope credit, she's just as willing to show a woman tearing her own tits off as she is a guy getting stabbed in his block & tackle.

Yeah, a couple of people.

I had an ex who was into all of those things except the cowardly bit. She thought child abuse was hot as shit, and her ideal physical type was short, pudgy, and slightly bald with a beard.
No wonder the relationship didn't work out.

>I've been reading this tripe

By Ssael behave yourself or you'll get a taste of my shoe

Shouldn't you be off somewhere getting your children killed, Dwayne?

Maybe the curse was just named for Etalarche and not used on him; it was my understanding that it was mundane vengeance that did in Etalarche himself, not the curse. And Rortide was a Copper, so we presume, so potentially it could have just been inspired by what happened to Etalarche and implemented up to centuries later on somebody we may never even have heard of before.

Poor fucking Anadyne
She REALLY gets fucked by events she didn't grasp the full magnitude of in the least

Attached: Duane shitpost.png (201x185, 21K)

I'll bet Rortide tried to use it on Ssael. Ssael not only was preaching against the Gefendur but it sounds like he was a populist who stood to rile up the Tains and even other Alds. He would have been super dangerous to the young monarchy.

Rortide probably had the curse made not realizing it wouldn't work on Ssael (a Soud) but kept it around afterwards and it became a big stick for hitting other enemies.

posting your unconfirmed opinions as
euphoric fact is still shitposting user.

I called that he was able to use pymary, but not him using the alias Delicieu.

Cutter was hiding in plain sight. Like most of the lizards in this story everyone overlooked him until he fucked their shit up.

The senet beasts don't fit into a natural ecology. They don't procreate, and they aren't spontaneously generated. Rather, their numbers only dwindly. It would also be a huge coincidence if they just happened to come to resemble a bunch of species they aren't related to. Since they can't procreate, they aren't all part of the same tree of life, or any tree of life, for that matter. They must've been created.

The physics of the khert also don't seem to be fundamental but an add-on, since the universe away from Kasslyne apparently goes on fine on it's own.

Only soud-soud pairings produce soud. Children of foreigners, other alds, and foreigners with alds all produce an ald (that isn't a soud).

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-20 Unsounded.png (520x430, 109K)

The Souds are so cool to me, I hope we get to see some Mmamont. The idea of them reminds me of irl celtic revivalists

>"And man, do the Ssaelit play this up in their anti-plod campaigns." I can see why the Ssaelits cremate their dead. It's the only way to make sure grandpa doesn't become a robo-slave on a farm. I guess the kussen and Bronze caste replace most if not all roles in Alderode that are occupied by plods in other countries? Human labor seems more efficient, powerful and adaptable than plod labor anyways, so is there a serious economic difference between Alderodes kussen and southron plods?.

>Kussen are not used as labour; they are used for something else. And the Bronze you gotta pay. Slavery (of the kind we imagine) is illegal in Alderode. So there really would be a serious economic benefit to the use of plods up there.

Just realized Alderode has no chattel slavery.

On top of that: it doesn't have cheap lizard labor, only has one trade partner in the entire world (against which it has territorial conflicts), had it's primary supplier of first materials (which are scarce enough) declare war on the state, has had one district under a plague for years (maybe decades?), a big chunk of the country freezes over for some of the years while every other place in the known world is temperate or a tropical paradise, has to guard a ginormous border against it's mortal enemy which is also the world's premier superpower, uses a currency minted by it's enemy's puppet...

The government must be lucky to have the only child-super-soldiers and flying goatsnakes in the world, there's no way they have much money for the war effort, right?

I have faith we'll see him again some day. He had the pleasure of dying by the silver, which meant his soul was never absorbed into the Khert, but into the Silver. His heart will go on in Ana, and he will molest Sette or Matty one day

This makes sense. Alderode wouldn't be such totalitarian assholes with its own people if it wasn't constantly on an existential knife's edge.

You can say what you want about Cresce but at least they're not magically mind-controlling their entire population. Of course Cresce has the luxury to be more progressive. Their resources are far more plentiful. They seem damn near post-scarcity.

It helps that all the shitty jobs nobody wants to do are given to two toes

Or plods. Their entire system is built on the back of magical labor that exploits human bodies and effectively enslaving another sapient race. When shit goes bad in Cresce they'll be using the same cold logic that Alderode uses.

Same. I think Unsounded 2: Book of Alderode is going to be amazing. The culture and the politics of the place are fascinating, and all the Aldish characters are my favorites. I even can't wait to see what Duane's son looks like however many years later and what time's done to Leysa and Lem.

I don't think they're mind controlling people outside of Eltarche curse though? Maybe I'm just filthy speed reader
I totally forgot about Duane's son, he must be getting old. I bet he takes after Lemuel like his sister takes after her father with the pymary

>I bet he takes after Lemuel
That would make sense considering Lemuel is gonna be married to Duane's wife when next we see them.

Paige?

Hmm how big of a chance is it that Duane's son is a tacit caster?

Anything's possible but I hope he's not. I hope he thinks pymary is stupid. I feel like there's a good possibility this will be the case since the kid's got to be close in age to Matty and if they're both magic fans it'll make them too similar. Duane's new family is Sette and Matty (and Jivi I guess). I want him to encounter his old family and have them be utterly different and alien to him.

There's more than one woman like that out there, user.

most of us have been SEVERELY overestimating how common tacit casting is
yes it's in the adelier line and an adjacent family, but the talent is still almost unspeakably rare. I doubt it

Come on now, Pat isn't a child molester or a sociopath, even if he is a fat manlet.

Cresce used to have slave labor before plods and lizards, but those slaves were publically owned.

Technically, so are kussen, right?

Anyway, the two evillest countries in Kasslyne won't even be visited in this series: Hanret and Rachshane. Considering what we've seen of Cresce, Alderode and Sharteshane, we must assume these two must be hell on earth, right?

Also, guys, you've seen the formspring answers? These are older than the twitter Q&A I think.

Anything from the formspring is subject to change.

Like Jon's survival for instance.

from formspring:
>It happens sometimes. The zombie that jumped at the little girl back in chapter 3 was developing sentience, so it was able to act on its own for an instant. Of course its owners then immediately bashed its head in. All pymarics and any spells that get cast repeatedly on anything stand to develop sentience over time. Ghosts are in the khert, and pymary travels through the khert lines. The longer those lines stay open to reality the higher the chance of little ghosties slipping free and infecting the real world.
is this still cannon?

I feel like the formspring is irrelevant to even bring up in this Modern Era. Although the Duane and Sette formspring still makes me shit myself.

An aside, but we have publicly owned slaves here in the US. That's all prison labor is. If Cresce's publicly owned slaves were simply prisoners then they weren't doing anything unacceptable or uncommon by earth standards.

I don't see why not. Haunted pymarics have always been a thing and plods (well, the masks) are pymarics.

>Also, guys, you've seen the formspring answers
They've been mostly archived here:
>unsoundedformspringanswers(.)w3bs(.)com
>replace 3 with e, stupid spam filters

Just missing the earliest answers it seems. And some images didn't get archived properly

Yeah, "sentience" is just a pymaric getting infected with ghosts who have some level of will and desire.

Nice, really feels like I'm reading some good creepypasta.

>fuck spiderpaws

>Cresce had a practise where you could lose your citizenship and become another person’s property. Well-to-do Crescians had personal servants awarded to them, and cities ran slave quarters of labour - imagine being owned by an entire city and having a couple thousand different masters - they could use for agriculture, construction work, or really whatever they pleased.
Seems they had both private and public slavery. Seems like it was a permanent thing too, and possibly more dehumanizing than in our modern world, since neither the US nor the USSR took citizenship from their penal laborers.

Pretty much, yeah

In the Ethelmik arc when the smoke eels infested the Deadly Nevergreen porny pymarics or the ghosts invading that old construct underground
It's the same principle