Went to a garage sale and got all 4 of these for 4 dollars. Pretty good i'd have to say

Went to a garage sale and got all 4 of these for 4 dollars. Pretty good i'd have to say.

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-164354_Gallery.jpg (1920x1080, 1.22M)

1 good movie and 2 OK movies.

Aristocrats is the only movie in that pile I like

You bought VHS copies? Why?

Fox and the hound is a great movie. The rest ehhh.

They had a bunch more all with the cases
>hunchback of noradam
>Aladdin 1 and king of thieves
>general disney library

I might go back for hunchback

I have a CRT with a vhs player that I use solely as a prop for photography and cinematography, so I buy vhs tapes fairly often. Otherwise the only acceptable excuse people will make for vhs is that digital restoration in dvds/blurays sucks, even though you can just pirate a copy a good copy

Why for my toshiba 4head hi-fi video casset recorder of course. What else and i going to have next to my playstation 2?

Attached: Screenshot_20190919-165327_Gallery.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>a vhs player
Did you forget what VCRs were called?

>$4
you could've gotten them from a thrift store for much less

apparently I completely did for a moment there. guess im really shitting on the vhs era just from being so used to dvd/bluray players now

Attached: 91qjge6En3L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1127, 177K)

dust that shit nigga

That's strange but cool enough I guess. I haven't owned a VCR in about 15 years and can't remember the last time I bought a VHS cassette. I don't even bother to glance through any VHS tapes at flea markets, I just skip them and go straight for the DVDs and Blurays.

But on the other hand, I still haven't bothered to get rid of the VHS cassettes I had as a kid. Some of my favourite movies got a DVD release where they altered various scenes, and it continues to bother me. Some of the other tapes have TV programs that I recorded off the TV once, and they don't necessarily even have a DVD release. So I don't want to throw the tapes away even if I currently can't even watch them.

>2019
>buying movies

>why had the animation industry plummeted in quality ahhhhh

I command you to consume

But only 20 years post release

That reminds me, I really need to replace my TV. It's about as old as I am and can't play DVDs in color.

Cat lady detected

>metal hangers

C'mon.

>1 dollar for masturbation hangers
Not bad OP.

why am i laughing so hard about the metal hangers

Are the tapes still in good condition?

VHS isn't exactly known for its longevity,

that's a lot of back-alley abortions

Goodwill literally gives away VHSs and they always have Disney shit

How so? I've got a whole bunch and they're still in fine working condition. Only a few have ever developed problems (ironically including one of the newest ones I ever acquired).

Most Goodwills and thrift stores don't even sell VHS anymore

You must have been looking everywhere for such a sweet deal on that many metal hangers.

>not getting king of thieves

Every one I've been to does, and I went thrifting yesterday. Midwest is still swimming in tapes, usually like a quarter or so each.

Well you're lucky VHS is drying up where I live

Holy shit I forgot those things existed.

>10 abortion sticks for $1

Damn what a steal!