This post contains minor spoilers for Batman #77-#79

This post contains minor spoilers for Batman #77-#79.

There’s an underlying tragedy about to rear its ugly head in Batman #79 that can’t be ignored: The story takes place before the events of Batman #77. King establishes this timeline early on, and eagle-eyed readers will mark the significance of that seemingly minor detail about halfway through the story.

At one point Bruce tells Selina that he sent Damian into Gotham City And there, on the same page where the Bat tells the Cat that he loves her, he says that he heard from Alfred and Alfred is safe. This is the moment when readers’ hearts will sink.

Alfred isn’t safe, you see.

Alfred is dead.

Damian was made to watch as Bane snapped his neck back in Batman #77. Now Damian is a prisoner of Flashpoint Batman (a.k.a. Thomas Wayne) and the mastermind of this whole nightmare: Bane.

Nothing is all right in Gotham City.

No one is safe.

And Batman has no idea about any of it.

Attached: RCO020_1566377380.jpg (1041x1600, 321K)

The biggest tragedy is: Who cares?

Fuck King

Damian redeemed!! Bruce damned..
am happy with this! Let Bruce suffer!

Climbing a mountain? Not really gonna help.
Playing catch with Selina? Not gonna help.

Also the fact that Bruce would be 1000% on a mission to take back Gotham like an absolute monster. He wouldn't be able to chill on a beach and bang Catwoman...

Meh. If Bruce just sent Cass, Damian, and Jason The three would have been a wrecking ball to Bane and his team. But-- you know gotta have all the characters be idiots, be shot in the head, or be "evil" for this to completely work.

He is dead?

Is this a stealth DC ad??
I'd care, Tom, if the story was told in an engaging, coherent fashion. And if you didn't squander the last year plus.

Yup

Hopefully all this shit will be swept under the rug in 2020.

Bruce is an asshole

First, how did Alfred signal he was safe? , his signaling ended up putting Damian at risk. How did his signaling have ANYTHING to do with Gotham and it's people? Of all of his allies the one he chose to send in was his 13 year old son? Bruce is a shit father.

It will turn out the Bruce/Batman we saw, including when banging Catwoman, was Alfred in disguise. The Alfred in the OP pic is Batman in disguise using technology/ninja training to fake the neck snap.

The perfect trap to catch Bane.

It seems Catwoman’s return made Batman shitty Hero. Who can support BatCat after reading this?

How nice that Bruce is having a great holiday with his dream woman while Bane runs Gotham and his Dad is being a brutal Batman That hurt his son Damain.

Tom King's writing of the romance between Batman and Catwoman...that has become one of those types of romances that makes me want to Puke. Its almost to the point in which I want to see the Joker come and beat catwoman to death with a crowbar or something, just so we can get a stop.

My biggest concern is not the death itself, but King would ignore the obvious fault of both Bruce and Selina for this situation.

DETECTIVE COMICS #1017
written by TOM TAYLOR
art by FERNANDO BLANCO
cover by TONY S. DANIEL
card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
In the dead of winter, a child has gone missing from the Martha Wayne Orphanage in Gotham City...and the bearer of the Wayne family name is on the case. But to solve this mystery, Batman must turn to another bearer of the Wayne family name, his estranged son Damian, to hit the night skies as Batman and Robin once more. Can father and son put aside their differences to rescue....

>written by TOM TAYLOR

Did the new issue of detective comics spoil the ending of batman#85? Other than that, not too many dc presents under my tree this month...
Detective states that Batman will be alone- given that Batman #85 has the bat family on the cover, i’m Guessing there eon’t Be a happy ending there.
DETECTIVE COMICS #1018
written by PETER J. TOMASI
art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
cover by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA
variant cover by IGOR KORDEY
In the aftermath of “City of Bane,” the Dark Knight has found himself cold, alone, and missing one of the very foundations of his life as both Bruce Wayne and the Batman. But personal problems will have to wait—a mysterious series of deaths have been peppered throughout Gotham and it seems an element of the supernatural is at play in the form of a monstrous pagan spirit. Can Batman silence the demons within to stop the killing? Or will this silent night be for keeps?

>written by TOM TAYLOR
It makes it all the more interesting.

Considering #85 leads to Bat/Cat title, Alfred won’t be left dead. I mean, even King won’t make Batman leave his sons to go out with his lover after his father figure’s death.

King have wrote several times by now that Batman think that the only person that truly understand and love him is Catwoman, nobody else. The Batfamily are just there to make jokes about how often they die.

Attached: Batman 015 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 015-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

King won’t make Batman leave his sons to go out with his lover after his father figure’s death.
He will.

it's Bruce's fault that Damian went to Gotham alone. I know Damian is capable, but Bruce lost to everyone that is currently running the city. That's...not the most responsible plan:

BATMAN #85
written by TOM KING
art by MIKEL JANIN
cover by TONY S. DANIEL
card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
The stunning conclusion to “City of Bane” is here! How will Flashpoint Batman be vanquished from our dimension? What will become of Gotham Girl now that she’s betrayed all she knows? How will the Bat team cope without Alfred? Will Catwoman stick around? Who will rebuild Gotham City? Is Batman ever going to be Batman again? The event of the summer now closes out the year, setting the stage for a whole new path for the Dark Knight Detective. You don’t dare miss the extra-sized concluding chapter to Tom King’s epic run on Batman—and it all leads to the new Batman and Catwoman series!

>How will the Bat team cope without Alfred?

Welp

Batcat kills alfred.

just thinking about how Batcat are off “training” on a tropical island whilst Damian is being traumatised in Gotham after seeing Alfred’s head get cracked.

The Tom King Batman is straight doodie bro. He couldnt even beat Bane without his Venom, and his girl left him at the altar.

Well Brubakers Catwoman is no longer canon, so she hadn't proved herself, really. I have no issue with her being retarded. She's not had a high-point yet, so she can always get better.

Damian was ruined and all his character developoment from Tomasi & Gleason was thrown in the trash. Apparently, that's no longer the case.

How am I even supposed to address this Batman situation? What is and isn't canon? You can't have every one of his comics be thrown into a one to four year gap, as well as a Robin each year. How am I supposed to honestly give a fuck? This literally who pretender pretending to be Batman crying on a beach to his girlfriend who he can't admit he loves to and talks to an autistic kid screaming at Walmart. He can't be happy? Everyone can be happy. You don't need to live in the darkness and shop at hot topic. You're also Bruce Wayne. I hate that writers like Tom King honestly think they're being smart when they act like Bruce Wayne is the mask. Get a grip!

Attached: 1566316900677.jpg (484x750, 78K)

I hope the family leave him. He doesn't care and they don't deserve this.

I don't envy the Batman writer who comes onto the book after King, they're going to have a huge fucking mess to clean up.

Selina is the new Alfred. The new Wayne butler only she provides extras

Yeah according to poster on twitter King has revised the Batman story so that Selina is more important and vital than Grayson or Alfred ever was.

if the rumours of a new Batman are correct I wonder if the loss might be the reason?

>We get Dick & Damian back together again
>We lose Alfred in the process
I really don't understand why you couldn't just give him a holiday then.

Attached: 1566318718074.jpg (576x892, 108K)

> King introduces new deus ex machina Laz Pit.
> Thomas takes Bruce to said pit.
> a soul for a soul to bring back the dead.
> This arc was out of nowhere slotted to "City of Bane".
> King is telegraphing so easily that Thomas will sacrifice himself to bring Alfred back for Bruce.

>> King is telegraphing so easily that Thomas will sacrifice himself to bring Alfred back for Bruce.
No he is dead.

Most satisfying death in comic history.

Damian will kill Bane.

yes Bruce send in your son/sidekick alone with no back up in a city crawling with Villains led by an enemy that knows who you both and your own father protected by what ever the hell Gotham Girl is instead of I don’t know Kathy Tim Dick Jason Stephanie Barbra Clark Juan Duke Harley and those are just individuals YJ The Outsiders Birds of Prey the f#cking Justice League or anyone else to help you or just scout out instead but hey what could go wrong OH WAIT

And before you say it yes I know about what King did to Dick and Jason but it doesn’t matter King can’t be consistent between pages anyways may have well bring them in all better and on good terms

Does this explain why Damien or Tim aren't in Doomsday Clock but Dick and Jason are?

DC has made many bad decisions, but they won't ever risk permadeath-ing Alfred.

So Bruce was responsible for Alfred's death?

Damian will kill Bane. Mark my words

I can't remember if Bane was at the villain meeting in Doomsday Clock or not but does anyone have a panel of it? I reckon both are going down together.

He is not.

They'll probably replace him with the fat Cockney bastard from the movie.

Shit. He's definitely dying along with Damian then. This just leaves Tim. not caught up on King's Batman but he's been pretty much absent throughout the entire Doomsday Clock book and it takes place one year supposedly after the current timeline.

Nope Damain is in DETECTIVE COMICS.

>Doomsday Clock
Not Canon.Tim just needs to retire, period. Go back to being a civilian who occasionally gets mixed up in Bat-Family business but otherwise tries to stay out of the superhero life. I've been saying it for ages, Tim has no future as a superhero. He might have had potential at some point but DC blew it and he's been left in the dust by Dick, Jason and Damian as they carve out a future for themselves.

I think its obvious Bruces family is going to be ripped apart for Batcat.

I don't understand why Thomas would just let Alfred be murdered like that. Even if it's a different Alfred from the one he knew were they not friends?

If King goes full retard, ruining everything and killing vital characters, it only means everything would be retconned after #85

Do you sincerly think that Bruce, who have always contengencies plans, even to beat all the Justice league, would have send his son Damian, alone, in Gotham, knowing that it would mean the death of his real soul father, Alfred? Mark my word, Alfred isnt dead, its Clayface/Alfred (who strangely desapeared after his run with the Bat Family in detective comics some time ago...) and it's part of his plan to kick Bane's butt out of his city...hell, Bruce is Batman, the world greatest detective and a fu...brain!! hehe!!

>Traumatized
>Growing up with a psycho perfectionist mother and a Ecoterrorist ImmortalMad GranDad

The Kid can deal with twisted shit, its his "father" the one moping around.

Hope Damian and DICK take over Gotham security and send Bruce to fuck himself with the Cat Skank

It's written by Tom King.

I stopped reading King Batman after the complete cringe amateur hour that was I Am Suicide. I see these threads every so often and am always confused. All I gather is that Thomas Wayne is alive and a bad guy working with Bane. But why exactly is Bruce gone and refusing to deal with everything?