THE GREAT DEBATE

Attached: Reverse Flashes.jpg (2732x2100, 1.22M)

Zolomon, he's way more unique.

Big flash pleb here!

Solomon is the more tragic and personal of the two, right?

More tragic, yes.

More personal, not really.

I slightly prefer Zolomon but Thawne is so much fun as pettiness personified.

Thawne is forever alone.
Zolomon has a hot little wife that still loves him.

I think Thawne is more unique. Genius fanboy stalker from the future, vs just another psycho. I like Zolomon too but still.

What the difference between the two of them?
I always forget.

Thawne is very shallow and two dimensional, he kinda just sucks. Recently writer's have figured out how to make him fun to watch with those two dimensions though. Zolomon is leaps and bounds better it's not a contest even

yeah

But it wasn't him, wally

Attached: 1558498663040.gif (600x600, 366K)

Which one said "it was all my fault!"?

IT IS ME,user! I AM THE BEST REVERSE FLASH

Attached: ChadThawnepwnsvirginBarry.png (381x259, 185K)

As long as we can all agree that Wally West is the only flash that matters, I don't care.

Zoom. Just because Reverse Flash gets the recognition he deserves.

Barry>Wally

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Thawne is obsessed with the Flash and hates him beyond reason. Zolomon is obsessed with the Flash and wants to make him the best hero by creating as much tragedy as possible.

Attached: IT WAS ME BARRY.jpg (1988x3056, 788K)

OP's pic pretty much lays it out.

Plus Thawne is powered by Negative Speed Force while Zolomon warps time around him to make it appear as if he's going fast.

For me, it's the Trickster

Attached: Naamloos34.png (397x450, 333K)

Here's the next question, with as much of a fanboy Thawne was, how badly had he wanted to fuck Barry?

Why does Thawne hate Barry so much???

It doesn't matter user. DC Editor thinks both characters are interchangable and/or are practically the same.

For fuck sakes, mordern artist draw Thawne's costume like Zolomon's. Black lenses, red eyes, face mask fangs and all.

Bart, Fastest Man Alive >>>>>>> all other Flashes

He's yandere as fuck.

Attached: No homo.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Why does he get the nuttiest nemesis? I mean sure Black Manta is autist to end all autists and Joker is nuts, but at least they don't pretend to be doing it for his own good like Zolomon does

Thawne. Zolomon is cool and all, but Thawne’s always been the best.

The exact motive keeps changing. The only thing that constant is that Thawne was a Flash fanboy who felt betrayed and wanted vengeance.

How are they both not unique?

For Thawne Flash is the biggest influence on his life and is one of the most celebrated heroes of the future, second only to Superman. In the present Keystone City has a Flash museum and he's beloved by everyone. It's no surprise he attracts zealots that see him as different things.

>Best Reverse Flash coming thru

Attached: Edward_Clariss_002.png (392x677, 386K)

>frogtard posting stupid shit for attention
I'm in absolute shock.

But that's wrong

He modeled his life after Barry's, to the point of getting a face change to look just like him and getting powers just like his.

And then he found out that he was destined to become Barry's greatest enemy, kill his wife, and get his neck snapped by his idol.

So he kinda snapped.

>posting zoomer Trickster instead of the chad James Jesse

Seething

Reverse Flash killed Barry's mother, though.

One has powers that aren’t just his enemy’s with a different color scheme and a few “different because it’s evil” things thrown in, that’s how.

Eh i like em both equally

How does that make him sympathetic in any way?

I never got the feeling that Zolomon is pretending. At least in the Johns run, he was so fucked up in the head that you got the feeling that he genuinely believed that, after he made Wally the best hero he could be, Wally would be thankful and they'd be friends again.

I think he's arguing that makes him more personal.

I liked how at first Zolomon was not just another flash but evil. His powers also meant that Wally could not fuck with him by stealing speed etc.

>frogtard posting stupid shit for attention
I'm in absolute shock.

Cope

CW Flash shouldn't have started with Thawne. Should have had Snart or Grodd as the big bad for season one and then work their way up to Thawne for season 3.

They both fill a different niche. I prefer Axel as the enemy and James as the frenemy Trickster (like how he was after Underworld Unleashed, more of an anti-hero)

Nobody's comment said anything about sympathy.

>one Golden Age appearance
>was banished to the Speed Force off-panel in a retcon 50 years later
>banished to the Speed Force again in his big come back as part of a lame villain team
>Possessed Max Mercury's body and fled to the future but lol dropped plotline so who gives a fuck
>Universe got rebooted so it's not like he matters anymore, anyway

Rival may have been the first Reverse Flash, but he was pretty shit.

That isn't how.
There's more to a character than just their powers.

Hating on based Jay like that.

>CW Flash is going to be on its sixth season and they still haven't gotten the Rogues together, let alone having them be the Big Bads for a season.
How can you fuck something up so simple?

Attached: 1518906935736.jpg (1911x1110, 1.07M)

BUMP

Bump number 2

Come on guys, keep this thread alive

Attached: LyI_qxdOZ6rOMc660u_mDsPnZsPDD2YnO3-1ViVKWnE.png (640x605, 83K)

Thawne is a better villain but Hunter makes a more interesting enemy

Zolomon

Who would they go after in the Marvel universe?

Well Wentworth Miller quit Arrowverse and Dominic Purell is dicking around with the Legends. Probably not gonna get the Rogues for awhile.

Despite all of these, nothing tops the one with the Flash program

Wut?

Quicksilver?

his deal is he's a huge Flash fanboy from the future who came to the past to meet his greatest idol and, maybe, become his sidekick
however, he miscalculated his time-travel, and arrived a little too late after Barry's death
still, he decided to check out the Flash Museum before he went back any further, which in his time had been long gone

inside, he discovered an exhibit on Flash's greatest enemy: himself, Eobard Thawne, and how he would eventually be killed by the Flash

the already unhinged Thawne completely snapped, and believes the Flash must have betrayed him. I mean, how COULD he do that to him?? he was supposed to be--might as well already IS--the Flash's greatest ally and best friend!
he time traveled back and killed Barry in the past when he was a baby, but doing so caused himself to start to disappear, considering he had modeled so much of himself after Barry his very existence was tied to the creation of the hero Flash. so he quickly undid that, and instead went about to ruin Flash's life the way he ruined his, from killing his mother and childhood best friend, to unendingly petty things like pushing him when he was walking down stairs or moving his hand to miss catching the ball during a softball game everything he does to kill or hurt Flash is in preemptive self-defense, fueled by an insane combination of hatred sprinkled with lingering adoration

he's Manta levels of pettiness with near god-like powers. whether you see his origin as tragic or deserve, it doesn't matter, but he makes for a really fun character simply for the lengths he'd go to ruin his former hero's life

Pieeeeettttrooooooo, yooooouuuu caaaan be sooooooooooo mucccccchhhhhhbh beeeeetttttttteeeerrrrrr!!!

I think the real question is which of them do we know the most about their childhood?

At least he got to kill a few dozen people by literally running into them at full speed.

I'd say it's equal.

Equal like we know a lot or equal like we know equally little?

A lot.

>Thawne was born in the 25th century.
>Incel constantly ignored by his parents and mogged by his chad older brother.
>Becomes scientist and decides to study the Speed Force.
>Through his research he learns about the Flash and becomes obsessed with him.
>Even gets plastic surgery to look more like Barry Allen.
>Manages to reproduce Barry's accident and become a speedster himself.
>Learns how to time travel, keeps going back to "fix" his own past (erasing his older brother, giving the girl who rejected him brain damage, etc)
>Finally decides to travels back to meet the Flash, but overshoots and arrives after Barry Allen's death.
>Decides to go to the Flash Museum and is horrified to learn that he is destined to become Flash's greatest enemy and die by his hands.
>Has a complete breakdown, believes the Flash to have betrayed him and swears revenge.
>Keeps going back in time to torment the Flash, inadvertently creating his own legacy.

>Zolomon's father was a serial killer who murdered schoolgirls.
>His mother found out and told the cops. Papa Zolomon killed her and then an hero'd.
>Little Hunter becomes obsessed with understanding the criminal mind and becomes an FBI profiler.
>Falls in love and marries a colleague, but then accidentally gets his father-in-law killed and gets dumped.
>Moves to Keystone to profile for the local police and befriends Wally West, getting a new lease in life.
>Spine shattered by Gorilla Grodd, asks Barry to fix it through time travel.
>"Too dangerous, bro!"
>Spergs and tries to use Wally's time machine on his own. It explodes.
>Get power to warp time around him, making it appear as if he's going really fast.
>Rationalizes that Wally didn't help him because he never experienced tragedies that drive a man to desperation.
>Decides to inflict tragedies upon Wally to make him a better hero out of a genuine belief he's helping Wally.

Thawne by a mile.

Nothing beats: It was me, Barry!

His pure deranged pettiness is so great.

Zolomon's a bit more than just another psycho. The build up to his break is legendarily good.

Zolomon killed his kids.

Then drug Wally back in time to make Wally watch Zolomon kill his kids over and over.

Thawne's an amateur.

At a certain point, overpowered abilities allow you to delve to an absurd level of pettiness that others can't match.

As Speedsters have the most overpowered abilities, they likewise have the most absurdly petty villains who can abuse those ophaxplsnerf powers to make lives miserable.

Only so much you can do with a helmet that shoots lasers, though Manta puts in a great effort.

Thawne killed Barry's wife, mother and indirectly his father too.