Boondocks is headed to HBO Max with 2 new seasons in 2020. Aaron McGruder will be involved in the revival

Boondocks is headed to HBO Max with 2 new seasons in 2020. Aaron McGruder will be involved in the revival.

Attached: 16136530-D58C-4C74-9819-776FA5EC4976.jpg (750x1109, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr6ihwgy4I
twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1174407698462494721
youtu.be/Gs0KuwInuxM?t=56
youtu.be/BSAoitd1BTQ?t=112)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And just like that the streaming wars are over

Based Disney+ won in case you were wondering

I wonder what it´s gonna would look like especially with the strip ha ing this more cute style recently

Attached: 50703214_2164380726938296_6178949787316345666_n.jpg (1080x1080, 205K)

Maybe if you're someone that just strictly enjoys family friendly entertainment.

Wait for kimcartoon or thewatchcartoon

Aww yiss

Or just good movies and tv shows in general

But hey you do you I'm sure you'll be very happy with your Big Bang Theory and your Gossip Girl reboot

Based and GetMoneyPilled

think they'll criticize a single thing about black culture this time round?

There's been a lot of shit in black culture to parody since the 3rd season released.

Huey´s hair is too big.

No they'll just talk about how evil Trump and white people are just like they do in your pathetic little fevered imagination

Also all the black men will be dating white women

As far as McGruder is concerned, the show practically writes itself.

or do you think it'll just be about how dumb orange man is

>tfw this means there will be a revival of ironic boondocks "fans"

Attached: 1523314415858.jpg (720x720, 240K)

That's a mess of hair.

>50-minute special.
Finally at long last

Attached: ca130dba2e3f72e5cec56f66e8211b7b_large-001-696x1044.jpg (696x1044, 98K)

>The Bookdocks returns
>as does Black Jesus
youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr6ihwgy4I
BASED MCGRUDER

>HBO Max has ordered a two-season revival of the animated series “The Boondocks.”

>The 24 new episodes, as well as all 55 episodes of the original series, will launch on the forthcoming streaming service in Fall 2020. The show is based on Aaron McGruder’s comic strips, and the original creator is on board once again to reimagine the series.

>“‘The Boondocks’ was a revolutionary series that sparked conversations on hot button issues and brought dark subjects into the light with episodes like ‘The Trial of Robert Kelly’, ‘The Fundraiser’ and ‘The Story of Gangstalicious’,” said Kevin Reilly, chief content officer for HBO Max and president of TBS, TNT and truTV. “Aaron is a gifted visionary whose unique style of storytelling is a welcome voice and we are elated The Freemans are making their thugnificent comeback on HBO Max.”

>The new series will follow the adventures of self-proclaimed “Civil Rights Legend” Robert “Granddad” Freeman, and his two rambunctious grandsons Huey and Riley. The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime. Life under Ruckus turns out to be an everyday struggle to survive.

>“There’s a unique opportunity to revisit the world of ‘The Boondocks’ and do it over again for today. It’s crazy how different the times we live in are now – both politically and culturally – more than a decade past the original series and two decades past the original newspaper comic. There’s a lot to say and it should be fun,” said McGruder.

>McGruder returns as showrunner and will serve as executive producer along with Norm Aladjem for Mainstay Entertainment, as well as Seung Kim and Meghann Collins Robertson. Sony Pictures Animation will produce the series in partnership with Sony Pictures Television. Variety reported in June that Sony Pictures Animation was working on a “Boondocks” reimagining as part of their new slate of alternative animation.

They criticized black culture tons of times

Makes me very happy to hear this I like both shows. But still very sad that Charlie Murphy isn't alive for this. In Black Jesus he actually a big character being the landlord, in boondocks they really don't need to bring up Ed Wuncler lll.

Attached: rs-charlie-murphy-ac942f09-f962-4144-be05-337ff99bda5f.jpg (1500x959, 849K)

>Based Disney+

Attached: It's Morphine Time.jpg (390x566, 24K)

Please don't reply to ladderbro and his company warring shit

Have you actually read the strip or watched the show? Or are you just a slobbering retard?

>not looking forward to Gossip Girl
pleb

sounds like its a sort of reboot then? Where did they live before?

>The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime. Life under Ruckus turns out to be an everyday struggle to survive.
Fuck, here comes the Trump shit. Maybe McGruder will be based like Chappelle was in his new special but I doubt it based on the new strips.

It is a reboot. I think they will have this artstyle.

Attached: 1560341688003.png (825x464, 514K)

>HBOMax
>$17 a month
I guess I'll be pirating this

Did you not even watch the show? They even had MLK call modern black people just a bunch of niggas.

McGruder is based enough that he wouldn't resort to just cheap shots on Trump. There's a lot more fascists out there

it's actually 15

Have you seen the new comic strips? The Trump Ruckus comparisons are pretty blatant

Spoken like someone who never watched the boondocks. Black culture is criticized all the time on The boondocks. Literally Riley's character alone is that. Not to mention the trial of R Kelly, "Nigga Moment", Tyler Perry are all examples of that. The list goes on.

I'm not a fan of the whole elected official thing they keep pushing with him recently. Ruckus shtick was only funny because he had no actual power or influence, and was ironically worse off than the people he criticized. Making him a tyrannical dictactor just defeats the whole point of the character.

Um user you are aware this show is the black whisperer of black culture.
I mean they predicted the whole popeyes chicken sandwich bs by a good decade

>"And no I won't get there with you."
>"I'm going to Canada."

Adult Swim lost another show lmao.

Can you really lose something when it's all owned by the same company?

They'll probably air the reruns at some point.

Is he actually gonna hire a writers room this time or are we just gonna get a season every three years again? I love mcgruder but he really needed to get more writers he liked

>Maybe McGruder will be based like Chappelle was in his new special
>based
>Didn't bash or even praise Trump
>Just said that as a rich black man if Trump does get re-elected he'll get a tax cut
Look /pol/ I know you have voters remorse but its been 3 years now. Its time for you guys to stop being so sensitive about people shitting on Orange Man now. I don't think Bush supporters were this pathetic.

Attached: 1494257771273.jpg (800x450, 49K)

>Black Jesus entirely written by McGruder
>The Boondocks entirely written by McGruder
>complaining about this
It's like you don't want quality programming and would rather have it shat out

We'll get some Jazmine fanservice hopefully.

Attached: Jazmine.jpg (767x500, 131K)

Exactly, he was based by not even bringing it up. Do people who hate Trump really like him being brought up in everything? Also I have no voter remorse, Trump 2020 all the way.

I hope so season 1 episodes with Jasmine and Huey were my favorite.

>Do people who hate Trump really like him being brought up in everything?
Apparently so given news outlets are always talking about everything he does.

The boondocks was good but it loses something in season three, it’s straight from the headline story telling doesn’t necessarily need just one writer. Get some ringers in there, there’s gotta be a black John schwarzwelder or David x Cohen somewhere for him to work with. Though I thought black Jesus was a joint venture with mike clattenburg if trailer park boys? Or is he just the director?

> Robaato in charge of Boondocks female character design

just imagine

>Watch where you WALKING, nigga!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-18-10-52-07.png (1280x720, 502K)

Nah it's both of them, just like some of The Boondocks had a co-writer.

News outlets discuss the news, what the President says and does is news. user isn't asking about the fucking news he's asking about people.
> Do people who hate Trump really like him being brought up in everything? Do people who hate Trump really like him being brought up in everything?
No, I'm sick of that fat useless retard, that's why I'm voting him out.

This amount of ignorance should be criminalized.

I just want him to bash niggers and leave the right alone is that too much to ask?

Attached: 1563243764873.png (500x766, 401K)

Yes you pathetic fucking retard

>McGruder will return as showrunner
no thanks

>leave the right alone
Dumb cunt.

I always assumed the second guy on the boondocks was basically just and editor there to keep the timeline in check and make sure there were no errors in the scripts( though he did write an episode before taking over in season 4)

>He visited Cuba, meeting Fidel Castro[3] with California Rep. Barbara Lee.[9] Later, during a 2003 reception hosted by The Nation, McGruder offended many attendees by defiantly expressing his support for Ralph Nader's 2000 presidential bid. McGruder endured heckling and walkouts as he defended his commitment to left-wing causes, including, he claimed, calling Condoleezza Rice a "mass-murderer" to her face during the 2002 NAACP Image Awards.[9] In 2009, Richmond, Indiana newspaper Palladium-Item reported that McGruder told a Martin Luther King Day audience at local Earlham College that then-President-elect Barack Obama was not black.[14] McGruder released a statement insisting he was misquoted, while maintaining he remained "cautiously pessimistic" about Obama's presidency.[14]
>A long-standing feud with Black Entertainment Television provided McGruder with material both for his strip and the animated series. Two episodes of the second season of The Boondocks, "The Hunger Strike" and "The Uncle Ruckus Reality Show", were never broadcast in the United States due to possible legal action against Cartoon Network's parent company Time Warner by Viacom (BET's parent company, also the owners of Cartoon Network rival Nickelodeon and Comedy Central) because of satirization of BET; however, they resurfaced for television airplay weeks later in Canada and were included in the DVD release. (The episodes depict BET as an evil media empire plotting the destruction of black people.[21])

>I didn't know he would make this much damage!
>I-i-i-it was just a prank bro! A PRANK!
>DON'T MAKE FUN OF THE ORANGE MAN!

Attached: skinner.jpg (500x307, 35K)

Looks a little more polished

Attached: sketch-1568830582356.png (1080x1248, 392K)

Fun fact he had reginald hidlin in the BET evil empire episode, but Hudlin was also a producer on the boondocks

Fuck yeah.

Hudlin latched onto the IP like a parasite when they tried making it for UPN in the early 2000s and had it killed, then threw a big baby bitchfit when Adult Swim picked it up. MacGrudger hates him.

Guys I'm pretty sure user knew that the Boondocks criticizes black culture and they were asking if it would continue to do so.

The question doesnt need to be asked.
Critiques on black culture was a major part of boondocks.

>Ruckus is the main antagonist

They hated him because he was right. But seriously, the reboot sounds fun.

Huh, I never knew that. It makes sense that UPN would have wanted it but its good it got its life on adult swim. Now real question is when are we gonna get out curtis animated series?

Ricky Rawls is reading this thread. Hello nigger!

twitter.com/RickyRawls/status/1174407698462494721

>It begins Fall 2020
Just in time to Trump reelection, I hope they make the equivalent episode when Obama won the election, and Huey hate Obama!

Just gold, Can you imagine a episode about Huey supporting Trump? Only for the laughs

This is what becoming rich and old does to people. He even censors nigga in his comics now

Attached: russiagate boomer.png (746x746, 483K)

>they screenshotted my tweet
MOM I FINALLY MADE IT!

>leave the right alone
fuck you. the right deserves to be made fun of as badly as niggas.

Who?

Literal who? and why should anyone care? I always assumed McGruder only really went after black culture in the show because it's his culture and he feels that his people can do better.

Huey's gonna be a Berniebro since he's McGruder's mouthpiece. Riley will be the Trump supporter, likely because of something like Kanye endorsing Trump (To bring it back to Black Culture aspect).

>The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime
So Ruckus has a cult or some shit now, this sounds like one of those episodes of a cartoon where a bad future is shown except it will stretched to an entire season. not going in with high hopes.

>fanservice
>Jasmine
They're not gonna feed you pedos

Name 3 bad things the right has done recently that wasn't the fault of over sensitive SJW's

Attached: 1565407468076.jpg (442x429, 60K)

>MFW animated Candace Owens
>MFW she goes to social media afterwards to bitch about it

I don't think I'm ready for The Ultimate Hate-Boner.

Attached: 1563867584675.gif (770x232, 56K)

yeah I'm not going to pay for that shit

>Disney
>Based

Attached: go_back.png (778x1018, 591K)

how can they lose another show when it's something from their parent company?

Nigga, the reason Season 4 sucked was because he wasn't the showrunner anymore

>The original strips were the best. The new ones Huey is basically an NPR winemom lol
I like this guy.

This is my only real concern. It sounds like the pitch for one episode not a season.

Boondocks is one of the shows I want to stay episodic. Keep elements of character growth and sure do callbacks and character returns, but Boondocks just isnt a show that should have a running plotline through a season.

>Voted Trump over Jeb Bush

if they don't have the original voice actors, then the show will be dead on arrival

I'm curious to see what MacGruder has to say after all these years.

snowflake

I'm sensitive about people shitting on Orange Man for the wrong reasons or making shitty uninspired "fascist" comparisons. There are plenty of reasons to dislike the dude, but most people's criticism such as it is, severely lacks nuance.

>I got to live to see a Boondocks revival
Based, just yesterday i was talking about S5. And here i thought it was an elaborate fake. Glad it is really coming back

Attached: 797.jpg (1024x1536, 313K)

>witherspoon says months ago that TB was coming back
Why would you think that's fake?

Isn't Regina King an oscar winner now? Think she'll come back?

I was hoping it would stay on Adult Swim. I can't afford streaming services.

I can't afford piratebay

>The Boondocks
>In current social climate
Oh boy.

>Maybe if I keep saying he sold us to Russians, it will actually come true.
TDS can infect even the best of us.

The Boondock was among the very few shows to make fun of Obama and the climate surrounding him I dont think /pol/ has anything to worry about in regards to McGruder going after the left I think the thing we should be worry about us what exactly us there to make fun of black people as of late? Part if the reason why S4 was so terrible was because they went after targets that weren't relevant (Chris Brown) or weren't even black (Kim Kardashian) due to the long hiatus.

>what exactly us there to make fun of black people as of late?
I mean they could go after shit like black twitter but thats going bottom to the barel at that part

>HBO Max

Oh my fucking God, not another one

Welp, time to dust out the Utorrent

And you can enjoy your buddy cop comedy of Moon Knight and Khonshu.

Three seasons was enough. They came back for a 4th and it was fucking shit.

>taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime.

Dumbasses are going to misinterpret this as a Trump comparison when it isn’t, this is entirely in Ruckus’s character

Is it though? Aside from liking segregation was Ruckus ever “fascist”?

>Where did they live before?

It’s the same place

It doesn’t matter if it’s “in character” or not. It’s a reboot of a comedy show, they can make anyone the main antagonist if they want.

Im pretty sure it will eventually air on AS, seeing how WB/Turner is under the HBO umbrella

Hell i think the orginal Boondocks had the HBO logo in the end credits

I hope they introduced caesar this time around. I also hope they bring back Ming Lou-Dou.

How the fuck is that a problem? You'd be crying if he did either one anyways.

>It’s a reboot of a comedy show, they can make anyone the main antagonist if they want.
What’s point of rebooting a show if you are just going to change everything but character names?
And that definitely doesn’t address the “only retards would think this is a Trump metaphor”, as if Uncle Ruckus won’t have his slogan be “Make Niggas Slaves Again” or something along those lines.

>What’s point of rebooting a show if you are just going to change everything but character names?

Oh $ gee $ I $ wonder $ why

I thought he was saying the Russian story was bullshit, considering he chose the most ignorant, politically illiterate character to parrot it.

Remember that time Reilly and Huey's voice actres won an oscar

Who the hell even are you Ricky?

Also I'm black lmao

Because that was months ago and we didn't get any news until now

how will this work post blm

Retard. It’s like saying Spongebob never had water.

not a real thing or a good meme no matter how much tucker carlson and you idiots push it when people don't want to suck your god emperors dick

Cope

These people don't want smart and insightful satire against "the left." They just want the show to say "fuck black people" and for Huey to beat up BLM/Antifa.

>Be me
>Black
>Missed the chance to vote in 2016 due to being in another country
>Come a day after Trump won
>White friend won't stop bitching about Trump
>Gets BTFO by the 5 Trump supporters in our friend group and those who don't even support him
>Tries to get me to hate Trump
>Trump supporter friends don't even try to force opinion on me
>I ask about him and they teach me about Trump
>Become Trump supporter
>Convert my whole family

I'm a continuity nut so I'm disappointed that it seems to be a total reboot, I am excited Aaron's back tho. Season 4 was straight up asstrash

>ctrl F
>27 results
2020 will be insufferable. I look forward to McGruder writing the episodes again.

Attached: CwzX0FgVQAAN7WK.jpg (900x1200, 151K)

>HBO Max

Guess they don't want people actually watching it.

I guess that's the only way WB can afford for this show to be on HBO. That, and other big names like Samuel Jackson, Ed Asner, Mos Def, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rymes, etc.

Why is Huey's hair so big in that picture?

>The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime. Life under Ruckus turns out to be an everyday struggle to survive.

Oh fuck yeah we're getting arcs now.

Gunning down innocents in public places monthly?

Hopefully it's just bad perspective.

Think Based God will guest star so he can take his meme back from those "fans"?

Did the exact same thing user, I feel your pain. Hopefully the show gets rid of or just improves the faux-anime art style/animation that the prior series had. It looked really bad at times imo

HBO and HBO max aren't the same thing
Also
> guess that's the only way WB can afford for this show to be on HBO.
What does that mean?

>The new series will follow the adventures of self-proclaimed “Civil Rights Legend” Robert “Granddad” Freeman, and his two rambunctious grandsons Huey and Riley. The family has recently moved to an idyllic community in suburban Maryland only to see it taken over by the tyrannical Uncle Ruckus and his bizarre neo-fascist regime. Life under Ruckus turns out to be an everyday struggle to survive.

Woodcrest was in Maryland this whole time?

That artstyle was made for the tie-in mobile game.

I always thought it was Virginia

F'real. I thought somebody said it was supposed to be an Atlanta suburb because the show was picked up for Adult Swim.

Regina King is an Oscar winning actress, and the show used to cast high profile black actors back when it aired.

Silly user, they don't have too. Jazmine appearing on the screen is good enough.

>savior
>Robert Mueller

Attached: 1535676959063.jpg (306x306, 12K)

it didn't, just Sony Pictures Television

This. /pol/fags never watched the show. They've only seen the select "funniest moments" clips with stuff like MLK calling black people the n word from Youtube.
It's validation seeking, much like Tumblrinas who want black shows to spout messages against white people.

>Some fag already got in damage control mode and gone "muh /pol/" in the replies.
Like clockwork.

Are they ever going to release the unaired pilot?

Attached: 0F7AF4C6-99EC-45F5-95C6-282AC7D68950.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

Damn negro, that shit is hella cute.

Part of the joke of boondocks was its anime look. Hell, they even got Robaato, a known black anime style artist who's done work for Capcom on board to do designs.

The anime look isn't going anywhere

Cringe

i'll take storys that never happened for 100,jim

This. You can deny it all you want, but in a few months time you'll hear from McJuden and he'll have nothing to talk about except how much he hates Drumpf. He isn't Dave Chappelle; he can't wing it. He has to hand these scripts to someone, and if they aren't the leftyfag narrative they want he will be sacked & someone else will write the show.

Attached: 1567727750943.jpg (306x377, 34K)

Nobody will deny that

Just look at the fucking comic now: This is the most Uncle Tom lib-sucking propaganda shit possible

>liberal
>uncle tom
didn't know candace owens browsed Yea Forums

just in time for the luther to become an actual thing

Attached: 1558945089375.png (780x438, 548K)

It's hilarious that these /pol/ idiots are so desperate to believe McGruder is right wing that when he shows himself being more to the left than mainstream Democrats their brains break and say shit like this

Huh, I didn't know the strip was still running.
>mfw that art style

Attached: 1398310544285.png (500x222, 44K)

>hey,that chicken sandwhich at popeyes is printing money.
> maybe we should make A new spicy chicken sandwich?
>nah,lets just ask abunch of obese stoners on sandwichs

>Parents buying Disney+
I don't think so.

Yer idol's a joke, user.

I think your brain broke if you think I ever thought a black nationalist was right-wing.

both shapelle and aaron are super lefty. Like almost black panther tier leftys. Yet the trogs from Yea Forums are convince both are "le based black men" as their own black friends

>Uncle Tom
I'm not sure you know what that means.

It's not "black guy I disagree with"

I know that will kill me but

Attached: 1568767539535.gif (320x240, 1.39M)

>a black man considered to be excessively obedient or servile to white people.

So black democrats

>either you vote republican or you're a slave to white people
>dems continue to have the most non-white candidates
I understand that dems aren't automatically the best choice for blacks but you are fucking retarded.

McGruder is very left wing (albeit surprisingly self aware and intelligent at times.) He's not an npc but he'll definitely be at odds with people here

>party who doesnt care you exist
vs.
>party who gives you welfare, but ensures your living space is poor as fuck and you have to live on welfare

Attached: 1542214487283.png (810x688, 455K)

Will we get Star Wars kid this time?

I often wondered how Boondocks would do the Trump era. Now I guess we'll know. I'd rather get more Black Dynamite though, if I had my druthers.

And assuming the person who asked is here: That black cowboy manga was called Blaster Knuckle. Cheers.

Attached: Lightskinned just for you.gif (245x153, 991K)

I think it actually started back up fairly recently.

>>either you vote republican or you're a slave to white people

Technically yes. Dems want more government slavery and most of the government in America is white dudes.

>social programs are bad!
>let's keep cutting them!
>why does none of the coloured people want to be Reagan kool aid drinking party :(?

Attached: 1568320836246.png (640x480, 430K)

>party that takes away some form of livelihood vs keeping status quo of having bare minimum
Gee tough choice for blacks

More AIDS...
I want racial diversity. I want Boondocks be about white nazi Germans.

I don’t think you know what slavery means

I really hope The Boondocks has an episode on Candace Owens and Jesse Lee Peterson.

Candace
>In high school, the mayor's son and his friends (all white) left her a bunch of voice mail messages saying they'd lynch her family and shoot her in the back of the head like Dr. King
>wins a $37,500 lawsuit because of this
>Grows up to be token black conservative woman and get paid to basically say racism doesn't exist
>Unless she's talking about a Democrat, in which case she'll scream racism at any random moment

Jesse Lee Peterson
>Probably the closest thing to a real life Uncle Ruckus, except dumber
>Twists his brain around in a knot to try and say that racism has literally never existed in any capacity ever, including slavery and Jim Crow
Just watch a minute or two of this. It's like he's already an Adult Swim TV show character: youtu.be/Gs0KuwInuxM?t=56

Attached: huey and clyde.jpg (638x825, 423K)

>lolbertarians

Attached: 1564355566313.png (3250x1700, 1.49M)

Social programs are good, but not when the people who use them the most don't pay for them.

>Bernie wants to expand government housing
>Hosing that you live in but won’t actually own
>They can tell you to move and relocate if they want to
>Also want to expand laws that have government dictate what you can and cannot say

Yeah no imma pass on voting this time around.

What the fuck are you yammering about?

>implying Sanders going to get party nomination
>implying that it’d even get through Congress

If they could pay for them then they wouldn't need them.

>All these retarded replies not understanding your point
Yea Forumsmblr desperate to defend a reboot that isn't even out yet

Warren will get the nom and she’s just co-opting his shit.

There's like three episodes dedicated to making fun of BET in the old show. They called it Black EVIL Television for fuck's sake.

But if you think that the show isn't going to make any sort of commentary on today's political climate, you're nuts.

They might have a little bit more than a few small jokes about white people this time around, I'm sorry.

> expanding Government housing is bad
Truly I am in a burger thread

I agree fellow redditor. Why do people who use welfare have to pay taxes?

Yeah ok spoken like someone who never lived in it.

>Expanding slums with more limitless slums.

Yep that's shown to cause a increase in stability wherever it's tried.

Nope

facts don't care about your feelings

You know what, you changed my mind. I now think that we should only give food stamps to people who make at least $60,000 a year.

Attached: nigga moment.webm (1280x720, 434K)

How come liberals are so scared of fascism when communism still kills millions a year?

>Truly I am in a burger thread
Yes you’re in a thread for an American show about American politics on a board that’s primarily about American made media on a site made and based in America on the internet which was primarily made by Americans. How’d you figure that out?

They assume they'll be kommissars, and not slave labor (or shot)

>The new season will follow Robert "Grandad" Freeman and his grandson's Huey and Riley as they navigate life in suburban Maryland under Uncle Ruckus' "neo-fascist regime."

Cautiously optimisitic. Also, this is the first time I've even heard of HBOs streaming service.

I assume this post is asking about the continuation of Boondocks critiquing black culture.

It's a main tenant of Boondocks and I'm sure it'll critique Trump but also other issues in black culture as well.

Communism is science fiction, fascism is actually real

"that wasn't real communism"

Will we finally get the original on Blu-Ray?

Not him. But I lived in it. Shit was the only thing keeping me,mom, my siblings off the streets. Now a days you can't even get a apartment for reasonable price in that area, even more so since my state cut taxes along with a handful programs. all the apartments they had us were torn down for pricey houses and small shopping areas
There's way more homeless around there too. I don't think the free market is going to save us from tent citys

>what exactly us there to make fun of black people as of late?
Rioting and NFL players kneeling.

Riley has always been the cutest

Even Riley isn't taking a stance on it though. As he says, he doesn't even know who the Russians are.

Does McGruder fuck with Sanders? Sanders feels like an actual candidate for black people, but going off some of the new comics I've seen he's all about the MSNBC/CNN Russiagate bullshit.

>going off some of the new comics I've seen he's all about the MSNBC/CNN Russiagate bullshit.
The new comics mean the obvious. The new comics are saying that people are using Russia as a scapegoat for social issues America already had.

>expanding Government housing is bad
It's called crowding out. They take land and resources out of the market to make large, poorly made, economically infeasible, slums when that could have gone to private buyers.

The government should be taking properties off the market. For every one homeless person there's six vacant houses.

Yeah, but are they going to do it now when people are even more sensitive about it? Most of the stuff from the original strip/cartoon would be deemed “”problematic”” by today’s standards.

Nigga, you think McGruder gives a fuck? The man took a lunch appointment with Fidel Castro.

Explain how Trump's twitter feed literally controls the news cycle? Seriously, the man sets the world on fire in 280 words or less? At this point, the man is trying to burn ashes.

You obviously don't know how controversial the comic was in the Bush era.

Because he's the president,and a president who uses twitter alot. He's even announced policy changes on fuckin twitter
trump is really unique in this matter. Back when fireside talks were a thing,those used to dominate news papers. Trump just did a natural evolution of it

>gone to private buyers
who would've just made luxury housing or apartments made for mr money bags
pardon me if i don't shed a tear for real estate moguls and nimby land owners who ultimately profit from housing scarcity and low density housing

tl;dr: a stupid nigger got tricked by smarter white folks into supporting the candidate they like.

Fuck user that gave me a giggle

Have you seen Ron Perlman?

Attached: 1550942675954.png (2008x1560, 1.48M)

>that video
Did...did someone manage to bring a potato to life or something?

Unfortunately a producer for the show has confirmed that Caesar's not gonna be in the reboot, or at least not the first of these two seasons. It's crazy that they couldn't find a decent voice actress for him.

Did you see every right wing page during obama's terms? You couldn't turn on fox news without talking shit about obama. Actually,you couldn't find a peice of media that wasn't shitting on bush during his second term."TDS" is just a term coined by people who have selective memory because "bahhh you can't say mean things about muh god emperah!"

At one point he's talking about the Kavenaugh accusations and mid-sentence starts talking about how the literal gates to hell are located in Israel.

>says it's not a real thing
>while exhibiting it

It doesn't even take a tweet anymore. The past two weeks have been spent foaming over a (completely accurate and useful) sharpie scribble on a map.

Reminder to ALWAYS report intentional trolls

Attached: The pol screaming troll.jpg (816x1356, 378K)

peterson isn't even respected by youtube conservatives. He acts like he has dementia and basically has zero stage presence. He's like aj if he was suffering from Alzheimers and had zero energy

>>Twists his brain around in a knot to try and say that racism has literally never existed in any capacity ever, including slavery and Jim Crow
>At one point he's talking about the Kavenaugh accusations and mid-sentence starts talking about how the literal gates to hell are located in Israel.
....what? this nigger makes alex jones sound like peter jennings

I cant think of a single right-wing person who has gone as off the deep end as some of these anti Trump goons

>if they aren't the leftyfag narrative they want he will be sacked & someone else will write the show.
didnt he do that on (((adult swim)))?

>boondocks thread
>litterally nothing but politics.
Come on faggots, post clips from the show, post the recent strips, whos your favorite character? Favorite episodes? What the fuck went wrong with season 4?
Give me somthing intresting to read.

Google a list of school shooters, you’ll find some.

funfact, majority of mass shooters are registered democrats

mcgruder literally just wanted to trigger white yuppies when he made the comic

SJW nignerance was written in this shit show.

And the state of modern rap.

I really do hope she gets a new VA.

>Instead of getting government to stop predatory landlords you want to have them expand the slums

Ok

niggeroni we hate both equally

A politically based show has morons from /pol/ shitting in it? Who'da thunk?

I'm not sure that narration box is supposed to represent McGruder's actual views. Huey has always been the narrator so it's probably him saying that stuff.

He was being sarcastic

He apparently talks to cornell west alot if i remember right and west is a huge bernie fan

>Candace
Actually her origin story is much different.
This is a thread from back in the day

>Candace Owens claims she had a phone conversation with Zoë Quinn about a web development project she was spear-heading.
>The projects aim was to create a site called Social Autopsy. When finished It was to be a place any Shaniqua or Tyrone could easily use to submit real name, addresses, employers of "Hate Speakers".
>Anyways, according to Ms. Owens, Quinn was adamant Owens shelf her project immediately. Quinn entreated owens saying that even she, the notorious "victim" of online abuse, did not want to know the identities of her harassers.
>That if Owen's proceed she could ruining everything"... (for those who think i'm making this shit up
youtu.be/BSAoitd1BTQ?t=112)
>Quinn went further, making a veiled threat... She started crying, and claimed she was "monitoring" Yea Forums, and that if she didn't pull the project, Yea Forums was planning on attacking and doxxing her and her family. Candace refused to stop the project.
>Within a few hours Candace began to receive a flood of messages/comments/emails threatening and insulting her

Zoe Quinn unironically redpilled her.

Attached: 1565960496451.jpg (970x546, 59K)

>No they'll just talk about how evil Trump and white people are
Without a doubt, he even got more radical since the show aired
>Also all the black men will be dating white women
Wrong, Aaron hates racemixing

You're literally retarded

>Talks about how evil white people are
based

>Hates racemixing
MEGA BASED

>know you have voters remorse
damn, you guys are already helping him get reelected?

Coverage of his tweets does not necessitate the round-the-clock round tables. Almost every major new organization declares the end of the republic every time one of his tweets has a spelling error.

>Did you see every right wing page during obama's terms?
Yes, the autism was high but the levels of obsession weren't even nearly comparable to the shit we're getting now

Actually, I can't think of a single president that caused similar amounts of butthurt in recent times

nice to know the crimson chin is real

>epsiodes
>epsiodes

Was that edit even necessary, i mean, the original was way subtler and conveyed it better.

that's some big ass teeth, Vic

>And just like that the streaming wars are over
Yeah, good thing pirating won just like all years

Why is /pol/ so fucking insecure

It's that one image where that jigaboo thing says "boo" "haha jk have a nice day" and then posts a rant on /pol/. Hatred stems from their own personal insecurities. Why else would they have open season on minorities but also claim "white genocide" or some shit like "I'm not going to watch this if they make fun of orange man"

Racism starts from fear.
People fear what they don't understand.
People fear what they deem to be a threat.
Tell somebody enough that brown people threaten them, and they will believe it at one point.
"Jerome is going to bang your wife!"
"Leroy is going to rob your house!"
"Tyrone is going to sell crack to your kids"
Hell, once they start believing these things, you just tell them that you'll "protect them from the brown people".
They'll be so scared about brown people, that they won't notice it when you repossess their house, molest their wife where she works, and fabricate ad campaigns for legal drugs that their kids mix with sprite and drink at parties.
Even if they do notice how you fucked them over, then they'll still blame it on the brown people.

She's an opportunist
The SJWs were profitable for a couple of years.
Pandering to them was decent money but pandering to the Alt-Right has a better ROI.

>"Jerome is going to [rape] your wife!"
>"Leroy is going to rob your house!"
>"Tyrone is going to sell crack to your kids"
It's a hell of a thing when that shit happens on a regular basis.
Constantly in the news, across the US, week in and week out, but yeah must be fabricated news.

>1 mention of Charlie Murphy
fuck guys. It's pretty shitty how both of his adult swim roles are revived right after his death.

>tfw Aaron McGruder does the transkids episodes and HBO silences him
You can say nigga and make fun race until the cows come home but....

You literally just proved his point

Holy fuck, I was just expecting an average conservative shill. This guy is full on Uncle Ruckus retardation. Every word out of his mouth is pure insanity.

His point was shit and your typical white people so dumb/scared/etc bullshit.
People do bad things unfortunately the majority of them are POC.

>Democrats and Republicans trying to accuse each other out for being shills of the Russians when its the Chinese that intends to devour everyone, starting with Asia and was caught red handed spying on America, as well as selling military and corporate secrets via spies
I hate the two-party so much. They all honestly should be branded as traitors and hanged.

Attached: 1562195686930.jpg (520x718, 60K)

fpwp

Attached: ungh.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

cept Bernie
he's commie trash but at least he cares about fixing shit

plus maybe give Rand Paul a chance to defend himself

>another season of 'let's blame everything on white people'
No thanks. Niggerwanking needs to end.

>agrees to have his campaign undermined by Clinton
>shills Clinton when he loses
>cares about fixing shit
kek

>Wrong, Aaron hates racemixing
Then why is Jasmine so pure?

I mean Jerome, Leroy and Tyrone haven't done anything to me or really anyone I know.

And Tom being best boy?

He shouldn't have stepped on her Js.

This may be surprising to you,but even the biggest,marx quoting leftist thought hillary clinton was preferable to some real estate mogul who fucks a blowdoll of ronald reagan

The weird thing about discussing Boondocks on Yea Forums is always how weirdly divisive fans of the Boondocks are. Like people hoping it doesn't go after republicans or white people, as if it didn't already do that nonstop all the time? I guess since it also criticized black culture most people just thought "haha niggers are stupid" and didn't notice?

>I guess since it also criticized black culture most people just thought "haha niggers are stupid" and didn't notice?
ding ding ding

I mean for fuck's sake, they made George W Bush into a character with a running joke that he shits himself.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

Its humor was pretty layered and you'd have to watch the show beyond clips on Youtube to understand that it satirized everyone and was overly critical on stereotypes - just had black people has the main characters, so you'd see them more involved in the plots. A lot of white people think it's "Fuck niggers!" the show and there is also a number of black people who thought the show was making fun of them and labeled McGruder an Uncle Tom.

mostly because shit for brains can't tell the different between constructive criticism and saying "lol look at the stupid niggers. That's why they should succ my white peen". The mlk episode was basicaly "blacks rise tfu" and would've featured colin k kneeling if it was made in the last few years. Yet somehow you got retards claiming it's aaron being "based" and "redpilled"

I don't think anyone really caught that Ed III was supposed to be George W. Bush Jr.

A shame, because it helps the whole convenience store gag keep its legs.
Otherwise it just seems like Ed and Rummy are just randomly antagonizing people, which is not entirely inaccurate, but still.

Man it's amazing how perfectly encapsulates your point. Dude's saying "Gee, I hope The Boondocks makes fun of black people protesting/rioting and kneeling at sports" while the show had black people storming the white house gates and had professional athletes going on strike in order to pressure the government to pull out of wars. The Boondocks really does feel more prophetic the more time passes.

Do you think that's what the the writers were actually advocating for? Huey =/= McGruder on all points. Huey, the character, wanted NBA players to go on strike and for people to storm the White House because he is an extremist. Huey said that he's part of like 17 revolutionary groups or something and he's a documented domestic terrorist. Remember the very first scene in the series? Huey says that Ronald Wilson Reagan is the devil since each of his names has six letters in them. Do you think that is what McGruder believes as well?

>Huey, the character, wanted NBA players to go on strike and for people to storm the White House because he is an extremist.
You must be really far-gone to think that people protesting and professional athletes going on strike are "extremist."

>Huey says that Ronald Wilson Reagan is the devil since each of his names has six letters in them. Do you think that is what McGruder believes as well?
No, MacGruder doesn't think that Ronald Regan is literally Satan, but he obviously believes that he's a despicable human being.

But you know what, maybe you're wrong and I'm right. Maybe the episode really was just "kek black people suck" afterall.

>George W. Bush Jr.

Just W. or Dubya, if you prefer.

Yes, Huey is an extremist. Have you actually watched the show? Do you think that the criticisms of black culture are just ironic and McGruder, plus the other writers, don't think there is a problem with things such as black violence (the "nigga moments") and rappers acting like they're stupid? I don't think the writers are actually racist towards black people, but they constantly critique parts of black culture, as they do with, albeit not as often, white culture.

I understand that Huey is an extremist and that he show critiques black culture. My point is that the message at the end of "Return of the King" represented Aaron McGruder's earnest beliefs and that there's nothing extremist about the "it's fun to dream" segment.

Because of the one drop rule.
Her father, however, is the incarnation of the world "cuck"
He's arguably the least "black" character in the show (not only in appearance), he sends black brothers to jail and he's literally called "Tom"

>got my parents to watch a couple episodes of Boondocks
>mom says Ruckus and Tom remind her of me
I don’t know how to feel about that

great, another woke show

>get a load of this white boi