Batman #79 Storytime

City or Street? The definitive answer WITHIN!

"City of Bane" Part Five.

Attached: Batman 079-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.03M)

Attached: Batman 079-001.jpg (3974x3056, 1.22M)

Attached: Batman 079-002.jpg (1988x3056, 972K)

Attached: Batman 079-003.jpg (1988x3056, 781K)

Attached: Batman 079-004.jpg (1988x3056, 654K)

Attached: Batman 079-005.jpg (1988x3056, 751K)

I am horrified yet fascinated that of all titles that have new issues today, this is the first modern comic to be storytimed at the moment.

Attached: Batman 079-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

Attached: Batman 079-007.jpg (1988x3056, 859K)

Attached: Batman 079-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.03M)

Attached: Batman 079-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.07M)

Thanks for storytiming Norrin
This one looks a bit interesting

Attached: Batman 079-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: Batman 079-011.jpg (1988x3056, 854K)

Attached: Batman 079-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.04M)

Attached: Batman 079-013.jpg (1988x3056, 528K)

Attached: Batman 079-014.jpg (1988x3056, 789K)

Attached: Batman 079-015.jpg (1988x3056, 698K)

tiddy.

Attached: Batman 079-016.jpg (1988x3056, 858K)

Attached: Batman 079-017.jpg (1988x3056, 727K)

Attached: Batman 079-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.01M)

Attached: Batman 079-019.jpg (1988x3056, 885K)

Attached: Batman 079-020.jpg (1988x3056, 872K)

can't wait for people to change the narrative a fucking gain.

Attached: Batman 079-021.jpg (1988x3056, 1.03M)

Attached: Batman 079-022.jpg (1987x3056, 861K)

Thanks for reading.
Support the Official Release at your Local Comic Shop.

Superman:

Attached: Batman 079-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.12M)

>That sun reflection
>Batman still under Omega Sanction

So wait
Wait
Wait.
Granted I haven't been reading this run
but is Batman seriously off chilling in Club Med and getting his dick wet with Selina
while Gotham City and his family are overrun by villains
????
!!!!!!!!

>G-guys remember Kite-Man meme?

Do you know King called #78 and #79 are one of the most important part of his run?
I was expecting they would go back to Gotham in the end of this issue, but this is.... horrible.

I love tits and ass, but it really shouldn't have sacrificed the story. The dialogue is also really awful. Though this page has some OOMPH to it.

>Granted I haven't been reading this run
>but is Batman seriously off chilling in Club Med and getting his dick wet with Selina
>while Gotham City and his family are overrun by villains
>????
Canon.

why would bruce who has more experience than anyone, but lost to Bane and Thomas, tell his young son to go in and risk lives?
end of spoilers

I like the idea of Batman and Catwoman finally getting together properly but this is like bad romance fanfic. And the dialogue!

why does batman love used goods again?

This is just incredible work. Yet immature Yea Forums will howl and complain like they always do. I mean you only have to take a look at the storytime for Detective Comics, and mindless chimps praising shallow work. This is comics at its most challenging. Tom King is not here to give you generic stories or personalised feel good comic of the month. This is actual progression and stakes. You may not like the direction but I find the general snark and "omg this is the worse thing ever" to be very low brow criticism.

Tom Kings Batman is a natural progression of what Grant Morrison tried to do with the character before the new 52 wrecked his plans. Do we really want to go back to Snyder type Batman comics? The same scripted and cliche soap opera of never ending Batwank. Come one people. This is what Alan Moore decried decades ago. Tom King is pushing Batman comics into new directions and style. Comics medium need to evolve. Having voices like King is what this industry needs. This Batman run will be looked on back as the last hurrah in a otherwise dying industry.

And you know what. I blame all of you, who are complicit in all this. Don't you worry. Tom King is on his way out. You will get your precious Batman back. Yay. Joker and Batman. AND ROBIN AND THE GANG. On and on and on never ending cycle.

Go fuck yourselfs, you don't deserve someone like King. Alan Moore was right. Grant Morrison is going to retire from DC comics after Green Lantern. After which, I will too.

You can keep this shit to yourselves.

So Bruce told Damian to go in, and that led to Alfred’s death?

this doesn't make much sense. Why would Bruce send in Damian all alone against Gotham Girl, Psycho Pirate, Bane, and Flashpoint Batman with a city full of villains?

Damian redeemed!! Bruce damned..
am happy with this! Let Bruce suffer!

>Damian redeemed!! Bruce damned..
> am happy with this! Let Bruce suffer!
He has come.

Attached: 1565898525040.jpg (678x452, 25K)

Bruce. You are an idiot.

Oh, so we took 79 issues to have Bruce feel guilty for his father figure's death.

That’s it?!!! That is all there is?!!!
You could have cut most of this and the last issue!!!

I’m sure Bruce wouldn’t suffer since he has his one true love at his side now.

Batman is a cunt.
If this whole thing was anticipated, that's some pretty fine acting on Damian's part.

If not...er, that's some pretty fine trauma for him.

Because Alfred had a plan to fake his death?

>Why would Bruce send in Damian all alone against Gotham Girl, Psycho Pirate, Bane, and Flashpoint Batman with a city full of villains?
Batman is a coward

I love Mann’s art, but this is too funny. Seriously, to they really think this beautiful or romantic?

Solicits say otherwise.

This story actually makes me less of a Batman/Catwoman fan than ever before.

Tom King is the King or Filler and Padding.

Is Tom King the Zack Snyder of comics? He seems to attract the same pseudo idiots.

why send Damian? He sent he in to face not just Thomas and Bane but GG alone? Why didn't he call any of the JL ?

That is the power of King.

So Gotham has been completely taken over by Bane.
People are being killed.
Alfred is dead, presumed held hostage.
Batman dont give a fuck..

Climbing a mountain? Not really gonna help.
Playing catch with Selina? Not gonna help.

Also the fact that Bruce would be 1000% on a mission to take back Gotham like an absolute monster. He wouldn't be able to chill on a beach and bang Catwoman...

Nothing in this world is more important than his love for Selina.

swear this has to be one of the worst turns in bruce's arc

>have Darkseid zap a mystic rock thingy and jab Alfred's coffin with it
>no more dead Alfred
Hell, they can probably stab everyone else along with it too. Bam, all the dead people thanks to Bane just got undone.

why the hell would Bruce think sending his 13 year old child to enter Gotham alone was a good idea. He could have been killed easily.

King doesn’t care. He only wanted Batman so he could brag he wrote the character for a 100 issues. He cared more about the number than the character. And because of this he took his time on filler and pointless crap. Now that he is being removed and shoved onto a sidebook, he cares even less now and puts even less effort into it.

Zach Snyder fan here.
Fuck King to hell.

>Darkseid steps on Bane and Thomas
>Darkseid reminds Batman of the time in Final Crisis when Catwoman first became one of Cain’s whores and then one of his Furies using his remember-shit-from-before-Nu52 powers
>Darkseid reminds Batman of everything he sacrificed just to survive his Omega Sanction, including his cronies’ attempt to clone an army of him
>Darkseid makes Batman realise he has more than thnough strength to overcome this bullshit

Darkseid IS the hero we need and deserve at this point

Because Bruce is a father and all fathers are evil just like the father that left King

Nice damage control guys

So, King has 6 more issues to wrap up his bullshitt of a run?

>Nice damage control guys
ot only is batman 79 another beach issue, its set before the last issue.

astonishing. literally no progression whatsoever. they literally went backwards

Well, its clearly takes places after 78, not before
they obviously added this remark after last issues drawback

Batman kills alfred.

>they obviously added this remark after last issues drawback
This.

yes, there's actual character growth here. yes, batman's evolving. yes, etc.

it doesn't change the fact that the "club med" issues are grossly out of place. Gotham's fallen to Bane and Batman takes a vacation to the Bahamas? (or wherever they were). Come on. The tone is incredibly dissonant. Yes, there's a reason for them to be there -- they had to intercept the shipment -- but it was dragged out far too long.

The problem is not that Batman is having character growth. People were excited when he was actually going to marry Selina, remember? The problem is how it's handled. Slow pacing, tone completely unlike the rest of the arc, no stakes, no feeling of jeopardy of struggle. How are we supposed to feel like Batman's struggling when he's literally on vacation?

> This is comics at its most challenging.
I have no idea how you could possibly think that.

>Yet immature Yea Forums will howl and complain like they always do.
it's Yea Forums, what did you expect? But for someone who plainly thinks they're smart, you miss an important truth about this shithole: the immaturity is is skin deep. When something interesting happens, the older kids show up and actual discussion ensues. Look at the Immortal Hulk threads, for example.

ere is bruce not showing any emotion whatsoever or giving a shit about his friends and city.

The city he made a vow to protect with his life.

>Look! Boobies! UWU
Not to sound like a prude, but this isn’t the appropriate time for cheesecake, guys.
Gotham is burning to the ground, innocent people are being tortured and killed (including Alfred). Showing titties because the artist has boner just makes the tone look like shit.

Exactly. I am all for Bruce evolving and putting a ring on it with Selina.
I am not for the incredibly embarrassing "bat/cat" dialogue and Batman chilling on the beach while his city burns and his family is tortured. He would never knowingly do that.

I dont get some posts ITT
>Alfred signaled, he's safe
Unless King believes Bruce would consider Alfred being Bane's hostage "safe", this means they somehow managed to trick them and Bane didn't really kill Alfred.

Kill me. Please. Or somebody please kill King for me.

At least we got some decent wanking material out of this

>BATMAN #85
>written by TOM KING
>art by MIKEL JANIN
cover by TONY S. DANIEL
card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
>The stunning conclusion to “City of Bane” is here! How will Flashpoint Batman be vanquished from our dimension? What will become of Gotham Girl now that she’s betrayed all she knows? How will the Bat team cope without Alfred? Will Catwoman stick around? Who will rebuild Gotham City? Is Batman ever going to be Batman again? The event of the summer now closes out the year, setting the stage for a whole new path for the Dark Knight Detective. You don’t dare miss the extra-sized concluding chapter to Tom King’s epic run on Batman—and it all leads to the new Batman and Catwoman series!

>How will the Bat team cope without Alfred?

>they're letting Sejic write
This could go so wrong

Catwoman is a tumor.

>why the hell would Bruce think sending his 13 year old child to enter Gotham alone was a good idea. He could have been killed easily.
What a sick monster. I feel so badly for his kid, who will have emotional and physical scars for life because of his father's cruelty.

The only way to save this book is killing it. No one can save it from here, it's doomed.

Just keep with Tomasi on Detective Comics.

Nice bait.

Maybe because there's more to the story than what we've seen so far?

it is not.

>muh vacation

You people conveniently always keep ignoring the fact that Batman was tracking Magpie to intercept her Venom sale, which is key to taking down Bane. And before that he was recovering from his injuries that had him so broken down that even a bunch of random thugs nearly killed him.

Wouldnt be the first time solicits lie

Okay, random anonymous person on the internet.

It's not even the first time he leaves Gotham in a shit situation to recover and plan ahead . Knightfall (tho he couldn't actually do shit), No Man's Land and I'm sure there's more. King is shit for a lot of reasons but batman backing off for a bit, when forced to do so, isn't that unheard of.

ok Tom king :D

0_0 white man hits non white man. what did they mean by that?

It was good when Brubaker was writing it but King just makes you hate that pairing.

Bruce left Gotham in Jean-Paul, Tim and co's seemingly capable hands in Knightfall and came back once it was clear things had gone south. Not quite the same thing.

This is retarded. Has King ever done a pushup or a plank? It doesn't work that way.

Bad takes
>Defends a run where Batman sacrifices his son and Alfred for some catcunt

Most King protags don't show much emotion for most of the story until they hit high stress situations.

Can someone explain to me why Superman has shown up to solve this mess yet? It's ridiculous that League would let something like this slide.

It's going to be delicious when all you seething haters get btfo with the finale.

>it's okay to assault someone who expresses a different opinion
Truly heroic.

>white man hits non white man
Look at the nails. It was Selena.

So finally we got the answers of boat/street argument and Batman’s “vow” issue.
Both of them is not so deep or interesting, at least for me, but l’m glad that we don’t have to see that boring boat/streat debate from now on.

My fucking god I hate Tom King's dialogue

did you not read the post you're replying to?

It makes Bendis' worst look like unprecious.

Catwoman was a Prostitute is canon.

>sending his teen son to do his job
Truly the hero Gotham needs.

>tween

Boat/street shit was forced in by King.

Imagine a couple who’s main topic is debating how they met.

3 more months and we are free

> Why didn't he call any of the JL ?

To be honest, the JL shouldn't need Bruce to tell to do anything. They should have cleaned up this mess months ago. It's not like Gotham Girl, Psycho Pirate, Bane, and Thomas can stand up to fucking Superman and the rest of the League.

The Death of Alfred Pennyworth – is it All Batman’s Fault

Superman cannot solve Gotham issues.

Except Gotham BTFO of the entire Justice League on his own.

This is fucking stupid. No President, not even Trump, would ever brag about handing Gotham City over to murderous super-villains. That's not solving Gotham's crime problem at all, that's just handing Gotham over to criminals.
Of course this would be controversial, everyone would be fucking outraged at this. Nobody in their right mind would think that this is a good idea.

In what part of my post did you read me defending any of that? I'm a wallyfag user, i fucking despise King. I just said Batman backing off from Gotham to come back later isn't a new thing.

The US government in the past wrote off Gotham in NML and left it rot for like a year, partly because it was so expensive to rebuild it after Cataclysm.

planking on just your elbows is a hazing technique

And it was stupid then too.

certified bruh moment

>Except Gotham BTFO of the entire Justice League on his own.

So what, they are too afraid to get their asses beaten?

It has always been dc problem - stories are so isolated for no reason, that it hurts entire plot.

Marvel handles this billion times better.

that 90% of this run
remember the 9 part dream sequence

I started with crashing a plane, but soon King will crash the reader base, with no survivors. It truly astounds me that anyone actually likes this run, actually thinks this is good Batman.

>No President, not even Trump, would ever brag
trump would though

Maybe he would, and since he's so unpopular, most people and most media outlets would shit on him non-stop for abandoning Gotham.

Trump would invade Gotham with army and his private superpowered security in the very moment Bane announces shit. Any president would, desu

He is destroying Batman character just to make Catwoman look good

> Cat I don't tell you enough how good you are
>Cat my world is dust without you
> You are Beautifull

In the entire Batman history, he encounters Catwoman for 32%
There is nothing new or evolving about Batman in his run
He emasculated Batman and destroy the core of the character, make Batman side character in his own book, distorts the bond and relationship with his family and friend, kills and remove the closest and the trustworthy all for toxic romance

Not to mention the bad dialogue and the fillers.

Nothing is new he just takes the worst of all the old stories like Knightfall, BW murderer....ect

BATMAN DON'T NEED CATWOMAN TO BE HAPPY

Someone edit that first panel with "this is me"

"My enemies are bane and a version of my father that has all my skill, i'm sure that if alfred contacts me it's not going to be a trick"
This batman is an idiot

That's also the first thing I saw

Not going to lie, I don't really like Catwoman in this

>We had just had those mobsters on the ship.
Maybe my English is failing me here, but this sentence feels odd.

Presidential Decree: , Gotham is off limits

King's quips are so cringe, he should just stick to his "oh so deep suffering" because Jesus...

That’d be clever. If only.

Unironically cringe

And since when does the Justice League give a fuck about political shit when lives are at stake? And does POTUS actually have the authority to uni-laterally declare an entire city off-limits without any valid cause in order to hand it over to foreign super-villains?
Plus, you'd think that Democrats would be salivating at the chance of impeaching POTUS over this.

It's okay, grammar-wise, but there were better/more fluent ways to say the same thing.

Batman here is only partially the problem. The villains are too. The whole Gotham girl shit is a whole separate can of worms but this whole time I'm asking what the fuck is Thomas Wayne doing? They keep hammering on about how he thinks Bruce can only be happy if he gives up being Batman. And in the process, he's willing to ally with Bane, make Bruce's home completely run by violent supervillains, and attack probably kill Bruce's most closest people? At this point I can see the following resolution for him, 1. He really has become that deluded. 2. It's not really Thomas. 3. He's secretly on Bruce's side and maybe have saved Alfred somehow.
None of which would be a satisfying conclusion due to how poorly his story has been told so far.

>Harley becomes a dickgirl

>the mustache was fake
Honestly kinda disappointes.

It actually upsets me that I liked the first 4 or 5 trades of this run. I swear it just magically shit the bed, like Heroes in Crisis fucked him from the ground up or something.

Attached: catwoman-steals-her-wedding-gown-5 (1).jpg (1041x1600, 379K)

King has been shit since Mister Miracle. Overrated trash

Mister Miracle isn't shit at all though. I understand that you think that though, as I thought the last half of Vision was shit.

Understand this; King thinks that just because he talks about mental illness it somehow gives his work worth. He doesn’t understand shit, he’s an attention whore. Scott Free choosing a fantasy prison/lie is fucking bullshit

>Cat
>Bat
>Cat
>Bat
Fuck, this shit is still going?

Yeah Bruce is written as more of an autist by King. I can’t imagine actually physically purchasing this series.

An elseworld doesn't need to interact with the main continuity, so there's always room for adjustments to characterisation.

Attached: 1565894157171.jpg (462x560, 51K)

I've read a theory that Dr. Manhattan dumbed down Batman as an experiment.

This issue takes place before Alfred dies.

Yeah Bruce kills Alfred.

Bleeding Cool did bleat on for a while that Alfred's death was a trick. Used some weird phrasing about it as well.

Then only recently started reporting that DC changed their mind and it's no long a trick and will be sticking for a while.

Alfred is dead.

I wonder if this was written pre- or post-firing.

>Elseworld
Stop using this to enable shot writing

It's not shit writing though.

Sad Batman dont give a shit for alfi.
As soon as Bane had Alfred hostage his fate was pretty much sealed. No matter what they did any attempt to free him would most likely lead to them being spotted and his death.

Fuck off King

Which is exactly what I said.

Real mature

I have legitimately never read a worse Batman comic in my entire life. I am offended at how bad this is.

Jesus fucking Christ, DC.

Remember when being Batman was just something practical even if outrageous because theatrics and fear made his job easier? And that he could have wore any costume, per Morrison, because the bat identity meant that much?

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Superman is currently preparing to throw down with Manhattan and the doc isn't sure he's going to win. Also, Superman just recently took out the World Forger and his multiverse with a single punch. Gotham Girl would get BTFO.

Not gonna win me over with pocket side boob, don't even try.

>worthy follow up
Hahahahahahahahaha

If Gotham Girl's whole thing is that the more she uses her powers the faster she dies, couldn't Superman, Shazam and Martian Manhunter just take turns on her until she runs out of juice?

The run has been laughable bad since I AM SUICIDE.
Pic related. If you didn't feel embarrassment reading this page, then something is clearly wrong with you.

Attached: Batman 012 (2017) (2 covers) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) 012-011.jpg (3975x3056, 1.67M)

I bit my tongue when they screwed over Morrison's Batman inc run due to the new 52.

However this is the final straw. Unlike most of you I admired Tom Kings run for trying something new. It really clicked with me.

Seeing what has happened now I can no longer abide by DC ruining his run so close to the end.

Even if you hate Tom King, I'm sure you could all agree that he deserves to finish what he started.

I've been a DIEHARD DC fan since the 80s. I have bough everything from them and supported them 100%. I have stood thick and thin at all times.

HOWEVER, today I can not stand for what they have done to Tom King.

THIS IS MY VERSION OF SPIDERMAN ONE MORE DAY.

I will never buy another DC comic again.

EVER.

AGAIN.

I hope all you hater cunts are proud of your self.

I hope Didio fucks you and Bendis ruins Batman forever.

I feel that the only exposure King ever had to anything Batman related were the Batman: Animated Series. Because he really believe in the take that Bruce is crazy enough to believe that he is Batman, not Bruce Wayne. Something that was big in the DCAU cartoons. Specially in Batman Beyond.

Actually, King comes off as a crazy Batcat shipper angry that Catwoman wasn't more important as a love interest in the DCAU cartoons - this type fucking exist and they're fucking mental. I say this because he threw Wonder Woman - someone who only had anything with Batman in the cartoons and old comics - under the bridge for his dream pairing. And he's about to do it again with the Phantom - a character that only exists in the cartoons - for the BatCat series.

Either way, this take that Bruce actually believe his identity is Batman and not actually Bruce isn't really something that was ever big in the comics.

Ever get the feeling King posts here?

Fuck off king
We know how uch you love the taste of your own jizz

fuck, that's fucking awful. My list is:

>I Am Gotham
>Night of the Monster Men

I do partly like I Am Suicide, but it's not great and does have a lot of cringe dialogue/monologues.

>Annual #1
>Rooftops
>I Am Bane
>The Button
>The Brave & the Mold
>Every epilogue is a prelude
>War of Jokes & Riddles (I don't like Janin, obviously)
>Rules of Engagement
>Super-friends
>Annual #2

The Origin of Bruce Wayne is top cringe, and I swear this is where it just shits the bed for the rest of the run.

Everyone Loves Ivy is absolute garbage also. It's at this point, there's less focus on the fun-side of Bruce & Selena, and the total cringe Bat&Cat from I Am Suicide. I think this is the point where he solidified the direction he wanted to go in with the couple.

>The Bride & the Burglar

The Gift is a Booster Gold story, arguably an alright-written Booster Gold, in a edgy Batman story where the Batman is the worst written character in it. Really badly executed, and I'll never like Tony Daniels art. Though I did like his art during the start of his recent JL run.

>The best Man
I can understand issues with it, but... I think I like how King writes Joker enough to ignore a lot of the bad.

>The Wedding
Love it, but the ending/making them break up is retarded. Feels like padding.

>Cold Days

Since Cold Days, I've barely read the series. I just realised that was 25 issues ago.

Attached: 1565883851906.jpg (1074x1080, 292K)

I'm sorry, but you list paints to me the image of a hopeless Batcat shipper that put up with a lot of badly written shit and horrible character takes just because some of it featured your favorite ship together.

I Am Bane
War of Jokes and Riddlers
Rules of Engagement
Superfriends
Annual #2
The Bride and the Burglar
The Gift
The Wedding

These listed arcs where fucking terrible. The Gift was the worst thing ever written featuring Booster Gold. Booster Gold in King's hands is just another depressed idiot with serious self confidence issues like any other male character he ever write. The rest of the arcs is nothing but the known terrible take on Bruce and Catwoman being propped up over the expense of everybody else. Specially Rules of Engagement where you've a literal cat-fight between Catwoman and Talia al Ghul over who's a better love interest for Batman and you've Catwoman shitting all over Talia AND Batman.

Seriously, my man.

you need serious help user
pls start reading book to gain some test asap

I know many people here hate King’s batcat now, but everyone agrees that they should have married in #50, right?

>thinking that will stick
It'll be either Lazarus Pit, pluck another one from an alternate universe, or it was Fear Toxin the whole time.

They teased last issue that the thing that could stop Bane was coming to the beach. Was it fucking love? The venom?

>Support the Official Release at your Local Comic Shop.

Attached: steve.jpg (1168x657, 539K)

It was the Venom. Now Bane's on a limited supply.

Feel free to point out specifically what you disagree with, user!

My issue with this ending, is we already cucked him in I Am Bane. Why is Bane so obsessed atm? I still don't understand the Dad shit and breaking them up

Attached: 1565905655438.jpg (750x808, 143K)

Fuck no. Not with the way the couple had been written since the start of the run. The whole thing came off as Batman treating Catwoman as a life-saving boat during a mid-life crisis and Catwoman treating Batman as a pity charity case due to her own ego trip. This has been a truly awful romance.

>Why is Bane so obsessed atm?
Breaking Batman's back gives you that high that's hard to bring back.

Really?

Has he tried working with Snowflame?

Attached: Snowflame_001.jpg (955x652, 183K)

I already pointed out some of it. Terrible takes on Batman, Catwoman, Joker, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Booster Gold, Superman, Wonder Woman, and so on. Takes so awful i couldn't turn a blind eye to and that destroyed any enjoyment i could take out of the arcs.
Rules of Engagement alone felt like a terrible fanfic written by a crazy Batcat shipper with an axe to grind. The Bride and Burglar felt like a terrible romance bit where a self-inserty Catwoman shows no respect to Batman and what he stands for. The War of Jokes and Riddles was just... all around stupid as fuck.

I'd forgive Tom if Batman's living-hell forever and ever descending into Darkseid is BatCatBatCatBatCatBatCatBatCat

Attached: images.jpg (290x326, 18K)

Bane is suicidal and wants to die by Batman's hand. Like everyone else written by King. That's why he's so obsessed with Batman in this run. Bane wants to die, but he simple cannot kill himself. He wants Batman to kill him in a glorious battle, but knows that Batman would never kill someone. So he tried to drive Batman over the edge.

Attached: Batman-13-page-5.jpg (914x1405, 471K)

Attached: BATCAT.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

>you now remember that time the fucking Ventriloquist beat Psycho Pirate
Way to up him on the powerscale.

>they were getting married in their costumes
Was it a fetish thing?

That was so fucking dumb. Jesus Christ. Oh, yeah. Psycho Pirate's powers doesn't work on Wesker, because Wesker's just puppet controlled by the puppet, who's actually the real person.

Did you read this page ? There's no Bruce and Selina, only ever Bat and Cat. BAT & CAT, BAT & CAT, BAT & CAT.

Didn't Zatanna explain one time that Wesker and Scarface were a split personality?

This whole run just feels like Dark Knight Rises but not good.

Attached: 3DB77370-02F6-4F7A-A288-353C9EFEAD66.jpg (464x401, 15K)

King has been shit since the very beginning. He demonstrates the exact same level of talent throughout his career. I've been tearing my hair out trying to get people to realize, but no one listened.

B-But he calls her Selina in that page you posted...

So if Robin was around the first time Bruce (as Batman) encountered Catwoman, that means Dick became Robin prior to the War of Jokes and Riddles, and also the flashback scenes from that annual a few years ago with Selina breaking into Wayne Manor, despite Porky Pig supposedly naming the Batmobile for the first time in that issue.

It also invalidates dozens of post-Crisis stories with Catwoman active in a pre-Robin Gotham. I know King was just referencing the original boat story, but damn, this shit is fucked.

Only now.

So you mean it feels like the Dark Knight Rises.

Fucking kek

He gets away with it with Bruce saying the previous encounters didn't counted, even with him as Batman, because back then the "Bat identity" wasn't fully formed.

Shut up DKR was a good movie.

>because back then the "Bat identity" wasn't fully formed.
What a fucking load of shit.

>Freeze in Hell, BatCuck!!

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 55K)

It also make Bruce look fucking crazy, but i guess that par of the course since Bruce has been depicted as a crazy and suicidal manchild that needs the "Cat" help for everything,

>It also make Bruce look fucking crazy, but i guess that par of the course since Bruce has been depicted as a crazy
That's not something exclusive to King's run.

There are different levels and types of craziness.

No. No it wasn't. It's an action movie with bad action and a plot in where we get the hero rising from his lowest point twice in 2 and half hours.

SHUT THE FUCK UP. Way to focus on what's not important here.

King, I knew you would come.

It's kinda cringe, but kinda cute too.

She's gonna end up pregnant isn't she?

>an alternate Helena Wayne-Kyle
A man can dream.

So they are making another kid since his only biological kid is in danger now.
Totally makes sense.

King was hinting at a big change.

This is it, isn't it?

>Damian gets a half-sister to cope with Alfred's """death"""
Honestly it could work.

This reminds me of the Batcat shippers that hope against hope for Catwoman to get pregnant, even if she doesn't end up with Batman, all because they only care about Catwoman as long as she's with Batman. Literally wanting Catwoman to be nothing more than a baby factory.

No, it couldn't. Because Alfred is a great character that shouldn't be sacrificed just for the Batfamily to receive yet another OC.

Batcat shippers remind me somewhat of SMWW shippers.

>Helena Wayne
>an OC

Attached: 1328164459467.png (317x266, 70K)

Superman already fought against Gotham and couldn't win, fucktard.

>tfw Catmommy

Attached: 1560421812691.jpg (650x824, 91K)

It'd be an OC, because it'd be either a baby or some little boy or girl.
Helena Wayne is an Earth 2 thing, and we already have a Helena Bertinalli in the main continuity. A third version of the same character would be overkill. And for what? So some shippers could be happy? Imagine if there were three versions of Damian running around.

>>Helena Wayne is an Earth 2 thing, and we already have a Helena Bertinalli in the main continuity. A third version of the same character would be overkill.
There's already a third version. This would be the fourth version.

>And since when does the Justice League give a fuck about political shit when lives are at stake?

Since forever.

Really?

Obviously Bane sent Trump a lovely letter praising his presidency, so now Bane is actually a stand up guy proactively taking care of the infested crime problem (created by president Obama) in Gotham instead of illegally occupying a seized American city.

Helena Wayne, Helena Bertinelli, Helena Kyle.

Attached: Catwoman v05 - Backward UnMasking-099.jpg (1988x3056, 1.3M)

>Imagine if there were three versions of Damian running around.
The weird thing is that actually sounds like a good plot idea.

Helena kyle is still canon.

Oh, that. Despite King wanting to bring back Catwoman's most iconic post-Crisis moments, i doubt this is still canon. Specially because it paints Catwoman in a bad light and we can't have that.

Fuck you, it isn't.

>Helena kyle is still canon.
No she isn't.

One Damian is already too much.

>No she isn't.
She is .

Proof?

King will only use the the biggest and most known past canon because that's all he knows. Not to mention that he'd never reference any past canon that'd make Catwoman look bad. She's his waifu.

Gotham burns no problem lets go on vacation, Gotham dying no problem let try to figure out how we met .

gotham is dying and Bruce just accepts it, not even a quick call to the JL so they know he's alive.
Seriously man even in knightfall when bruce was handicapped did he just sit there.

>he'd never reference any past canon that'd make Catwoman look bad.
He constantly references the scene from year one where she's a prostitute.

Stop being sexist, user.

I read the issue twice and I still can't think of any relevancy it had other than him confirming he sent his son to get hurt.

So is Long Halloween still canon? Because Batman met Catwoman for the first time in costume in Year One, and then in LH they get in a big mess together. Robin was still a year off so the whole boat thing would have been after LH.

CATS LOVE MILKIES

Attached: 20190918_100334.jpg (905x526, 257K)

The Bat identity wasn't fully formed, is the answer, i guess.

>Stop being sexist, user.
she's a prostitute.

>the scene from year one where she's a prostitute.
So was a dominatrix though so it’s all good.

>she's a prostitute.
she's a prostitute.

So fucking retarded.

She's a prostitute with herpes.

Batman kills Alfred ???

>The absolute state of Yea Forums

>>The absolute state of Yea Forums
But it is still canon kingfag.

And you give rotten head, Felicia

Attached: 7674d285b567b7d0b2efd5942bea798b.jpg (792x504, 94K)

Selina is a prostitute with herpes.

>It's still canon that Batman killed Alfred
Lol no. Bane killed him. Learn to read, retard.

>the bad kind
Does that mean Bruce has herpes now?

Yup.

Did any one of you like the boat / Magpie scene in this comic? That was awfully boring. One of the things I expect from Batman is that he does thing in a stealthy/interesting way.

Is any of King's action scenes any good?

No sense in him getting with anyone else then. It would be irresponsible.

Guess he's stuck with Selina now.

Bruce Wayne get Alfred Pennyworth killed at the hands of Bane

Attached: EEwYhZOXsAUA-Vt.jpg large.jpg (598x203, 20K)

>he emasculated Batman and destroyed the core of his character
dude, grow the fuck up. if you think that just because a character falls in love and learns to trust someone else that they're 'emasculated', you're a fucking moron.

batman has always been a character that's struggled to let people into his life; it's happened basically every time he's had a robin or a love interest. these are not new ideas or elements in batman, they're very core ideas central to the conceit of the character. if you're seriously someone that thinks batman is someone that always does stuff alone, and that this un ruins that, maybe ask yourself why he continues to take young wards and train them as robin. maybe consider why he has alfred in his life. like, this take is so fucking stupid that you're basically admitting you don't understand batman as a character.

you're just upset you're not getting a monster of the week story where you watch batman beat up criminals. just read stuff from the 60s dude, it's honestly probably better that you read comics back from a time when they were designed for literal children

Like how he get hundreds of others killed at the hands of Joker?
Learn to logic, retard.

Nobody cares Kings Batpussy sucks.

Batman was emasculated not because he let someone new in or because he got a love interest, but because he has been portrayed as a utterly miserable and desperate crazy manchild that can't live his life without Catwoman's presence and affections, like some kind of crackhead battling with a crippling addiction, and because he hasn't been able to defeat a single big opponent alone with his smarts and skills, always needing Catwoman to save his sorry ass from them. Meanwhile, Catwoman, the woman of his life, constantly looks down on him and puts him down, sometimes even going as far as ridiculing him to others.

It's become so bad it crossed the point of mere femdom and become meme worthy status.

Attached: Batman v05 - The Rules of Engagement (2018) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr-Batman (2016-) v05 - The Rul (1988x3056, 985K)

, Damian's confrontation with Gotham Girl and Thomas Wayne was of Batman's own doing.
Bruce should never be allowed around children, let alone be allowed to raise them. The lifestyle he pulls them into is horribly self destructive. All of the children of the bat suffer a wide arrange of physiological and physical damage. There is a term that perfectly cover his method of fatherhood, Child endangerment.

lol.

Not really.

Bruce Wayne is a uniquely terrible man in the world of comic book Dad.

Remember the time Batman wet his pants?
Damian is Batman and Bruce is Robin.

>literally just dicking down catwoman and passively hearing the Gotham news on the beach while his father and entire city are being held hostage
This is the most out of character Bruce has been written in the last couple decades, I mean holy shit

>full grown man that basically can't live by himself without the help of his butler
>adopts a rotating roster of children, training them to fight crime with him
>handles the trauma of his parents being killed in front of him by dressing up as a bat and beating up criminals

yeah dude, the fact that he's falling in love with catwoman really is the last straw. there's no part of the batman mythology that's weird or crazy or miserable before this. this whole catwoman saga is totally out of line with batman as a character.

the only people reading 'emasculation' into this run the readers who have virtually no experience with girls or emotions lmao. it's not 'emasculating' to learn to get help from someone close to you, or to be overwhelmed every now and then. just because a character has weakness doesn't mean they're emasculated, that description is coming from your own very weird understanding of normal human emotions and behaviours

it means that ultimately what happened next was Bruce’s fault, not Damian’s.

Whadda absolute chad

The page i posted has Catwoman literally pulling her sword out of Batman's back with little to nor regard to his health, so she can have a catfight with Talia where she shit-talks Batman as a manchildren. This because Batman lost to Talia previously.

Come on.

Damian as a big brother could work.

You'd have to age Damian and ruin his character same as Jon has been ruined, and for what?

Fuckin kek. I just realize these two "beach house interlude" issues are probably a condensed version of King's ~15 cut issues.
>tfw we thought they were cutting his story short but DC really just didn't want to have 6 months of BatCat training on a beach while Alfred's corpse started to rot

>first one just means Batman's rich
>the second one shows Batman as a father figure and mentor
>the third one is just a means for which Batman is a hero and almost every hero is like that

>dedicating what little dialogue you have left in your batman run to reddit-bait

>all of Batman Inc., Snyder and King's run have just been part of the Omega Sanction and Batman's still been lost in time for a whole decade

I'd fuckin cum through a wall if a writer could pull off that sort of twist

Wait, I thought Bane wasn't using Venom anymore, because it made him act less intelligent. Or am I confusing this with another story, I haven't followed this run for some time.

>yep, nothing weird about never taking care of yourself and relying on your personal father-figure/butler to take care of you. totally normal rich person shit, 100% totally normal

>yep, training up an orphan to fight literal crazed psychopaths is totally normal father/mentor stuff. definitely can't be read as irresponsible or weird, it's not like one of these kids was beaten to death with a crowbar. i agree, totally normal mentoring

lol on the third point. a pretty interesting part of bruce is why/how he used the trauma of his parents dying to become batman. you're basically saying we should just ignore that part and get to the story lol.

General rule of thumb for cape comics is, "don't overthink it" but x100 that when reading anything by King since hes a terrible writer

bruh

Tom King killed it, he killed Batcat for me forever and i hate it so much now. so congratulations

>ignoring him sexually assaulting selina in the third panel

>>ignoring him sexually assaulting selina in the third panel
Nobody cares

>people pay 3.99 for this

He deserves it after getting screwed on JLO.

Catwoman was so BRAAP in this issue

Attached: Batman 079-017.jpg (959x1415, 263K)

she is 40.

BAT CAT BAT CAT BAT CAT BAT CAT

>you're basically admitting you don't understand batman as a character
first FUCK OFF
second, he can fall in love and learn to trust without getting beating up or losing like a cunt
I mean Catwoman literally beat Bane, the Flashs, Talia, Ivy, assassins and everybody
and Batman got beaten by Talia Bane Superman Harley low life thugs
Catwoman couldn't beat Talia
Batman shouldn't be a whiny bitch
it is nice to make changes but not at the cost of the main character
for 80 years Batman lived without Catwoman and it was the best stories

What was the point of this issue?

Does anyone really like Janins artwork?

>an engrossing read
they misspelled embarrasing

i refuse to believe Bruce would send a kid into face 3 heavy's who individually have bested him.

Everytime I think 'Man this was a good issue of Batman', Tom King writes a mediocre one right afterwards.

I prefer him to Mann.

>BAT CAT BAT CAT BAT CAT BAT CAT

Attached: 38xmltpyvn721.jpg (1438x1752, 123K)

So two issues and literally nothing happens except BATCAT fellating each other. Kings dialogue hurts my fucking soul, its so unnatural.

Shut up, King.

>This is actual progression and stakes.

So why is literally nothing changing, the story languishes in useless filler and all the "stakes" are risking nothing? Oh thats right, because its poorly written, King's run has been just as shallow as Snyder's and pretending he's been building this grand climax of earth shattering consequences is beyond fucking stupid, he's had an entire run and NOTHING HAS CHANGED! Its literally the same BATCAT BULLSHIT since the beginning, City of Bane will end and nothing will carry over because there's nothing to carry over to a future run. He literally killed Alfred and yet the comic, the characters and the story are somehow static and you're just gonna tell me King's grand idea and super deep comic will somehow be fully developed in the last 6 issues? Bullshit, its just cheap shock for the sake of it.

Bruce believing that his real identity is the Bat, and thinking that Selina is the perfect women because she too died as a person and became a "Cat", and so is the only one capable of truly understanding and loving him, is something that was established waaay back in "I AM SUICIDE", same with him wanting to be more than just the "Bat" and possibly making a life together with his "Cat", which is another thing that was established waaay back in "ROOFTOPS".
So if anything the comic actually regressed.

"Man, i can't wait for read all bitching and whinning from Yea Forums!!!"

That's right, its always been his gimmick. Psycho Pirate's powers not working on a fractured mind makes sense to a degree.

What a terrible love story.

>Support the Official Release at your Local Comic Shop.

Attached: 1552863740700.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Attached: 1331754845648.jpg (318x507, 52K)

Months? Months? Months? What the fuck is the time frame here? This book is so fucking bad.

>What the fuck is the time frame here?
No one knows or cares, especially not King

>So two issues and literally nothing happens except BATCAT fellating each other
Makes you wonder how bad his BatCat series will be.

>frick
Yeah, the dude about to blast iron is gonna say that

Tom King made Phantasm canon to the comics, probably for the single reason to throw Andrea Bemont under the bus for the mighty Catwoman. What do you think?

Attached: file.png (1200x800, 892K)

hes on space fighting some doomsday ripoof

King wanted the death to be a fakeout but editorial wants it to stick

Same as he wanted Dick headshot to be a fakeout?

you just dont get Geoffs genius

Got a source on that?

Batman, sending his son into mortal danger against his own father in Gotham, while hanging out on the beach with Catwoman

it actually just made Bruce seem like even more of a shit father. Of all of his allies the one he chose to send in was his 13 year old son? Stupid.

>Robins are only an issue now, not when Jason got killed. Or when Steph got killed. Or any other time something terrible happened to someone working as his partner.

Your hysterics are laughable.

>Batman, sending his son into mortal danger against his own father in Gotham, while hanging out on the beach with Catwoman
Batman is a pussy.

Because there's so much integrity in Andrea before this, right? Bitch turns into a cold blooded serial killer just to avenge her father who has zero regrets about her actions but oh lordy when she inevitably jobs to Catwoman it's a fucking end of the world for her as a female villain.

Better love interest than Catwoman, anyhow.

>"You want the mustache on or off?"
>"Off, please."
>"Too bad."

Remember when DC’s slogan was “Hold the line at 2.99”? Hahah

Lol

Go play more video games kid

>Phantasm
I don't really keep up but King actually shat up Phantasm? The fuck?

Why do people fall for bait like this?