For me, it's the telecaster

For me, it's the telecaster

Attached: Telecaster.png (320x865, 180.92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swX9oq6TVAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ugly

Attached: dcrpun1-299545c3-fe68-42e1-8abd-811df7d233c1.png (3000x3882, 142K)

when i was a kid, i used to think the telecaster was ugly. then i got older, and life became ugly. now i realize it's the most beautiful guitar ever made.

more than you can afford pal

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 51.77K)

folks im buying, is it a strat or a telecaster?

Tele. Strats sound like garbage

Tele with a rosewood board sounds like nothing else
this

Strats are the best playing, best sounding guitars in the world. Until the moment you actually plug it in and it sounds like shrill dogshit

Attached: Don Felder of The Eagles.jpg (1500x1500, 466.95K)

damn okay so im thinking to buy a brand new telecaster then, a lot of good guitarists played on strats tho

yeah, im gay

>brand new
Absolutely not, always buy used unless you're literally getting it custom made

Telecasters all the way. Strats may play well and have the quack going for it, but a Tele in the right hands with the right amp is as close to nirvana as anyone will get, here's Roy Buchanan to exemplify that: youtube.com/watch?v=swX9oq6TVAU

Attached: roy.jpg (846x691, 97.17K)

Same, bought a nashville. Then I sold it after playing a Strat and bought this instead.

Attached: my baby.jpg (720x720, 35.86K)

Why?
I don't play guitar but I'm curious now.

but I want it newwwww

For me it's the rumblekat

Attached: __static.gibson.com_product-images_Epiphone_EPI4W2233_Wine_Red_EBAKWRGH1_front.jpg (1703x4881, 2.23M)

Only thing that matters are the pickups, the type of wood it's made of is all snake oil. So decide what sound you want and buy that but even then both can do anything. Basically buy whichever looks the coolest to you because it's not going to matter once you throw effects on it.

for me?

Attached: goon245r.jpg (2005x1337, 722.28K)

Me too.

Attached: cursed.jpg (995x420, 33.66K)

toploader tele best tele

lol you can buy new if you want new. I got a mexican tele as a gift brand new 2015, I have friends with vintage american teles and 2000s american teles blah blah but they always reach for mine when we have our instruments together. it is always a bit of a lottery but some times new build guitars play real nice and it feels like it’s ready for you to make your own. fender factory built isnt as unreliable as gibson imo.

its not which factory made the guitar but in fact who plays it

Attached: 3419B578-A752-4BD1-9B02-20FBA91CB463.jpg (630x221, 19.89K)

I love my cheapo Squire Tele. Changed the pickups, reversed the control plate, and threw the pickguard in the trash where it belongs.
Roy. Damn. Roy. Let me add Danny.

Attached: dgatton-02.jpg (250x290, 22.06K)

Rickenbacker 330

acdc completely ruined legacy of the greatest electric guitar ever made

Attached: sg.jpg (990x400, 78.16K)

what a pleb

Attached: c1ec1f729200406576b879e837cb9135-1200-80.jpg (850x638, 109.22K)

Worked at a GC for half a decade, you people would not believe some of the shit I've seen while working there.
also is correct
we had a guitar teacher that would purposely shred on a floor model, non-set up squier bullet strat to prove a point that it's who plays it.

for me, it's the telecaster with a mini hum in the neck
i fuckin hate my yamaha knockoff tele i gotta get a better one

Childhood was worshipping the strat.
Adulthood is realising the delicate sound of the tele is much nicer

save those atomic age zingers for english class, bukowski!

for me it's the StingRay

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 63.2K)

absolutely correct. however: it's no fun at all to play on a shitty instrument. you can make it sound good but why would you torture yourself?

Why? Emotional attachment 99.99% of the time.
In terms of "shitty instrument" (bullet strat) it's from lack of interest. People want to shove a chinkshit guitar in their kids hands and expect them to fall in love EVH style and practice 8 hours a day when they're playing through a fuckin' Katana mini/Cube Street/etc...
If you set up the neck and get some fresh strings, MAYBE some aftermarket tuners if you're feeling spicy? You're ready to rock. Just add water (15W Solid State amp with effects).
Most people weren't willing to spend the extra 3-400 on the mexi (I think they're called player series now?), the people who bought the bullet and spent the extra 50 or whatever on a full setup from our tech had a higher success rate of coming back for more guitar after they've outgrown the squier brand.

Leave, bitches.
This is a Tele thread.

Attached: AlbertCollins.jpg (800x1018, 157.22K)

Strat has a cheesy quack quack sound, I’d avoid unless you are in an 80s pop band

>uncomfortable to play when sitting down due to body with no rounded edges
>shitty sounding middle pickup

I avoided them because AC/DC. But when I bought one to get a cheap Gibson I realized they are the GOAT.

>uncomfortable to play when sitting down due to body with no rounded edges
If your belly gets in the way, you really should lose some weight, my man.
>shitty sounding middle pickup
Ah yes, the twinkledaddy sound. Fucking love it. Get some taste.

poorfags

Attached: gibson-les-paul-axcess-custom-stopbar-alpine-white-cs901234_1_GIT0055204-000.jpg (960x960, 38.25K)

i used to think this, then i started playing classical position
makes a lot more sense when you think about it, plus makes transitioning from playing sitting to standing easier because the heigh of the guitar doesn't change

Attached: tele0.jpg (1280x720, 43.82K)

>here's my extremely expensive guitar that i don't actually play. but it sure does look nice, huh?

Old fag

Get a fucking Suhr, PRS at least.

>calls user an old fag
>suggest buying the very definition of boomer guitar instead

i been stuck in a rut with my stratocaster. i think it's time i bought a jazzmaster.

if ya know, then ya know

Attached: 853124192ba25ecff763e151696b3556.jpg (471x768, 55.83K)

you know you can buy a good LP studio for $800 right?

For me, it's the johnny marr jaguar

Attached: soycaster1.jpg (1024x768, 338.09K)

i was surprised by the jazzmaster. very good feeling instrument. strats suck, i've never played one that felt good.
notice that it has 2 humbuckers. a true tele appreciator will stick to singles or a SH config.

Does buying a new guitar make one play better, get out of playing ruts?

what am i made of money

yes.

>better
no
>out of a rut
maybe.i've found that different instruments will make me play a little differently. it may just be in my head, but, for example, it definitely feels like i play differently on my cheap ass rogue bass than i do on my lakland. i don't recall new gear doing anything to get me out of a rut, though

My favorite will always be the SG, it's just so fucking cool, and I used to hate the Tele. However it grew on me and I see why people love it. I changed to Toronado master race though.

Attached: 1998-2003 Fender Deluxe Toronado HH Red.jpg (728x1364, 113.13K)

fpbp

>Telecaster
vomit

And ofc my fav Toronado user

Attached: 0001.jpg (707x708, 47.18K)

>I've tried hundreds of them
>I can't play for shit and never got the motivation to learn
It was always the boutique amps that got me to fuck around

tele is good but for me, it's the jazz bass

Attached: 0199030712_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (244x841, 101.6K)

Baste

Attached: 1630156149704.gif (599x565, 95.78K)

basato