Best Guitar Albums

Posting my top 10

Attached: FD73DB27-74A8-4726-AB4F-64FBF3B14F8E.png (1660x736, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CliGBQb4xEA
youtu.be/kW4Id4K-ZUw
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
youtube.com/watch?v=46qjDJ0lLdE
youtube.com/watch?v=YSuoW8MTbZY
youtube.com/watch?v=TlppIdtLw5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

meh

cockburn chads rise up.

Attached: circlesinthestream.jpg (2952x2957, 911.47K)

Not gonna lie, this is pretty horrible lol. The most based pick on there is probably Smiths and Wes Montgomery. And I feel like Frusciante has way better guitar albums than mother's milk with that ugly chugging metal guitar tone.

i must honestly say I think five leaves left would be a better choice guitar performance wise. countdown to ecstasy is a great choice but it's definitely neck-to-neck with royal scam for me. some of my choices would include an allan holdsworth album like i.o.u. or metal fatigue, all things must pass, weasels ripped my flesh, some ashra album, bundles...there's a lot of choices.

Low T detected. Go buy yourself a steak, faggot.

We talking about guitar sound right?

Attached: 746188472621716.png (1660x736, 1.82M)

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Television - Marquee Moon

Attached: 7C275C7B-9C1B-46CF-B339-37C0ECDDDAA5.jpg (300x300, 31.02K)

The Smiths more based than Van Halen? yikes

my list is comprised of every rammstein album and nothing else

How are there no Dire Straits mentions (pic semi-related, any of them are great)

Attached: 0c3dc0a6ea41ecbf41da38821cd7ba97.jpg (1600x1600, 198.98K)

Thats pretty solid list, but need more classic blues hard rock oriented music and less 80's hair metal van halen.
I suggest Use Your Illusions, Apetite, AC/DC or Led Zeppelin One.
Maybe some metal too but I'm not a fan. Also remove Mother's Milk for an actual Meters album

Attached: Andy_Summers_&_Robert_Fripp_-_I_Advance_Masked.jpg (300x300, 39.06K)

Attached: .jpg (500x492, 101.77K)

Also, we need an noise rock album there, whatever that might be

Pink Floyd needs to be in there. Also some actual prog like yes.
Maybe some math rock like Hella, Don Cab or even Chon

youtu.be/CliGBQb4xEA

>Pink Floyd needs to be in there
I'd probably give that trophy to David Gilmour so I'll say the Live in Gdansk album, specifically Echoes

Easy.

Attached: guitar.jpg (2782x736, 462.22K)

Attached: 31B603C8-2FA5-41EC-8D29-1768F54C8E05.jpg (1125x1130, 438.1K)

feel like these lists needs a fripp/crimson album on them, maybe red

I dropped I Advance Masked

These are almost all band albums, not guitar albums

Attached: .jpg (750x373, 197.69K)

Tommy doesn't get enough credit for its guitar work, fantastic album

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1698x1044, 313.78K)

Best guitar playing I've ever heard

Attached: 1000leaves.jpg (1280x1280, 543.36K)

youtu.be/kW4Id4K-ZUw

Attached: .jpg (1001x1001, 86.54K)

love american football, but i think if you want to put a math rock album on this list it makes more sense if it was something with ian williams or david pajo, they are a lot more influential and overall better guitar players than kinsella

Basic bitch beta faggot. Calling it "guitar music" only confirms your soi status

hey...does anyone remember that highschool talent show prog rock band that used to be posted here all the time...it was called like "time strip mobius" or something like that??

>guitar albums
>guitar music
What does it even mean? I always hated this stupid category since there are guitars in every genre. Music where guitars are extensively used? It can be anything from folk to death/doom. Complex music based on guitar? Then again, it can be anything. Bach's organ works can be transcribed to guitar, but in its essence you have "organ music", despite being played on a guitar.

time machine modulus

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

hey this is actually pretty good, not cringe at all!

hey this is actually pretty good, not cringe at all!

KIng Crimson - Discipline
Steve Vai - Passion and warfare
Joe Pass - Virtuoso

Discipline would've been on my chart, however topsters doesn't have any King Crimson options.

user this list is excellent

great list, missing hendrix though

Shit that inspires me

Attached: geetar.jpg (2724x3840, 2.26M)

while I agree there are better guitarists than Kinsella, I think the playing on this really has the interplay and melodic lines that my ear gravitates to, quite similar to another on my chart, Marquee Moon.

Not too familiar with Pajo (apart from Spiderland) or Ian Williams, any recs?

for pajo listen to tortoise's albums million now living will never die and TNT, and listen to his solo project live from a shark tank

for ian williams i'd listen to pretty much all of battles' stuff and don caballero - 2

Oops, here, and I wanted to say most of you people ITT have good taste, several albums in my chart have already been posted, Jeff Becku, Thurston/Lee, Schenker, Homme, Lloyd/Verlaine, Hendrix, Branca, Fahey, EVH, Wes... and other greats like Pass, Fripp, Summers...
1 Pick an image from google
2 Drag it to the search bar on topsters
Done

1. Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare - the grandfather of instrumental rock. Interesting compositions, melody, and just the right amount of shred.

2. Van Halen - Fair Warning - the band at their most creative, especially Eddie. From the tone, the very subtle use of effects, to him channeling Holdsworth on When Push Comes To Shove.

3. Burning Water - Abbandonato - Landau rips across every track. His tone here is just in your face, bone dry and screaming at you.

4. Racer X - Second Heat - Gilbert and Bouillet at their peaks here. The playing is incredible, but to think they were both harmonising each other live.... Good songs too and that massive 80s tone.

5. Haji's Kitchen - Haji' Kitchen. Very important groove metal / grunge / alt metal album with huge 7 string riffs and amazing shred. Haji's flew under the radar sadly.

6. Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force - Rising Force - the album that kickstarted shred / neoclassical shred.

7. Steve Vai - Alien Love Secrets - no overdubs on this one! Just pure, raw Vai.

8. Shaun Baxter - Jazz Metal - very important jazz / metal / shred album. It's not mentioned enough.

9. Ron Jarzombek - PHHHP Plus - Incredible instrumental guitar. Mad time signature and key changes. Ron is the godfather of prog metal.

10. Marty Friedman - Introduction - very musical and interesting compositions. Not a typical shredfest, really tasty stuff.

My top 10
>Durutti Column - LC
>Bert Jansch - It Don't Bother Me
>John Mayall's Bluesbreakers - Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton
>Django Reinhardt - Djangology
>Robert Johnson - King Of The Delta Blues Singers Vol 1
>The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Axis Bold As Love
>Television - Marquee Moon
>Davy Graham - Folk, Blues & Beyond
>Chic - C'est Chic
>Bow Wow Wow - See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy!

>two steve vai picks

yikes

based jeff beck enjoyer
wired is also kino, truth too
beck-ola and rough and ready have some good ones as well

Attached: 71chn+B22mL._SL1500_ (1).jpg (1000x993, 55.79K)

Attached: RiP.png (1069x434, 450.88K)

Attached: file.png (500x500, 164.76K)

I may not be a massive Vai fan, but the dude is from another planet and you can't deny that

Say what you want about Vai, but he is the most innovative guitarist around today. Have you seen his Teeth of the Hydra video? No one can deny he is on another level.

youtube.com/watch?v=46qjDJ0lLdE

Best picks so far

such a fucking weird thread, why specifically "guitar music"? There are too many genres that are guitar based to make a fair comparison amongst all of them. Anyway, here´s some of my favorite guitar playing in music, be it for its virtuosity, production, style, etc. Could think of many more

Attached: topsters2 (13).png (1660x736, 1.59M)

Steve Vai

You forgot one of the GOATs
youtube.com/watch?v=YSuoW8MTbZY

Attached: D&G.jpg (2048x958, 397.17K)

>Guitar

Attached: 1644613668983.jpg (1200x1200, 231.69K)

was gonna post this...thumbs up.

it aint what people usually think of when they think of guitar albums but JJ Cale's subtly and brilliance deserve recognition...
youtube.com/watch?v=TlppIdtLw5A

made mine based on how much i liked the guitar sound and tone rather then the technicality of the playing

Attached: topsters2 (2).jpg (2776x2780, 2.19M)

oops wrong topster sorry fellas

Attached: topsters2 (4).jpg (3200x736, 647.61K)

>The NeverHood Ost
wtf, are you me? I love a ton of albums on there, but that OST is amazingly underrated - never talked about here

I’m calling based
/thread

I know you guys are like what the literal fuck is Jimmy Eat World doing on there, but these guys make such good catchy riffs, and there's no way a bad guitarist writes the music on For Me this is Heaven.
Cul De Sac is extremely based
Also anything with John McGeoch
Very based for Jeff Beck, Wipers, Cul De Sac, Number Girl, Ludus, I like most of it. I feel like rock would be less stagnant if kids learned from this kind of stuff instead of exclusively classic rock

Attached: guitaralbums (2).jpg (1968x1044, 553.08K)