What do you think about Becky Sucrose's statements regarding Spinel, Yea Forums? Do you agree with her assessment?

What do you think about Becky Sucrose's statements regarding Spinel, Yea Forums? Do you agree with her assessment?

Attached: 70b70014-ffde-4af5-a748-ee5befd08498.png (540x413, 220K)

who ding-dong diddly cares?

She is a toxic person, yes, but if so, no more toxic than any of the other Gem.

>she’s a toxic person
Yeah
>she doesn’t want to help herself
Uh
>other characters didn’t have a goal of hurting people
UHH

Spinel is the only character that Steven has faced (well, gem) that did not have any sort of goal. The poison was just a means to an end. She said she came to take her anger out on strangers which is different from Jasper who specifically came back to take revenge on Rose.

>I just wanted to explore all the dimensions of that
>Stops before even resolving the 'wants to hurt people' part and shunts her off into space.

Guys I don't think she's very good at writing serious subjects.

>Spinel is the only character that Steven has faced (well, gem) that did not have any sort of goal.
Her goal was to kill Steven.

They literally address that in the film you retard, it's why she stops fighting. Her anger against Pink leaving turned toxic and made her take it out on innocent people.

>I came here to take my anger out on a bunch of strangers, but now that I know you...I want to KILL you even more.

It eventually became that, but not at first.

And then she just kinda stops, doesn't actually address the underlying trauma, and then she gets put back in a similar situation to the one that caused her such pain in the first place without ever dealing with the insecurities of this situation. She literally just hits him a bit until she calms down, says "I messed up" and then before you know it she's gone.

If you think that's in any way addressing the issue, well, all I can say is stop looking to liitle kids shows for examinations into real world problems, they're pretty dumb for a reason.

Jasper had a goal to hurt rose
Peridot had a goal to hurt the crystal gems
Yellow diamond had a goal to hurt the planet earth
Spinel is not the first character with a goal to hurt people

Attached: The+day+is+saved_e897e1_5308596.jpg (640x955, 118K)

>Peridot had a goal to hurt the crystal gems
Huh? Did you forget that the only reason Peridot came to earth was because of the Cluster? The Crystal Clods were just an obstacle to that goal.

>Peridot had a goal to hurt the crystal gems
She didn't even know what the Crustal Gems were. She was just doing her job.
>Yellow diamond had a goal to hurt the planet earth
She doesn't see biological life as true life. More like a pest or nuisance. Her goal was to erase the reminder of a painful memory, and gain a new geoweapon. It wasn't to hurt people, they were just in her way.
>Spinel is not the first character with a goal to hurt people
Yes. She was. She had no end game aside from "MAKE OTHERS SUFFER." There was no plan, no reason, no goal aside from making others hurt.

She continues to not really understand what the fuck she's written, as per usual.

>Jasper had a goal to hurt rose
This is the only one that is legit debatable, but even still, I think she was more after closure than anything else.

>I understand the writing better than the author!
Lol, sure you do, bud.

>someone with a reasonable motive to be pissed is toxic
>genocidal space authoritarians that murdered who knows how many gems during the thousands of years of their empire are sweet innocent babus that are very sad and misunderstood ;(
sucrose lives in levels of cognitive dissonance that should not be possible

Attached: fuck u even saying.gif (220x248, 81K)

Yeah but Spinel is an annoying hanger on, which is way worse.

It's not really that hard honestly. She really didn't seem to realize she'd straight up just made Fusing a sex metaphor or that she made Lapis seem like an abuse victim that became abusive herself.

For fuck's sake when we were still balls deep in "Fusion is straight up just sex and forced fusion is rape" she had Lapis hijack fusing with Jasper and had no problem with it.

I wouldn't use Toxic to described someone actively and open about hurting me.
A toxic person is someone that slowly poison the lives of the people around them.
Rose is a toxic person, she lives and manipulate her friends, doesn't take in consideration the feelings of the people around her and hurts the people around her to get what she wants. Sure she kind of grows out of it by the time she has Steven, but she left the people around her dealing with a bunch of issues both in the inside and outside. .

Attached: Steven-Universe-Rose-Quartz[1].jpg (1440x962, 127K)

You either die Pink Diamond, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Steven

Judging by the end of the movie is more like die like a Steven or live long enough to become a Rose.

I hate this meme. Steven was direct with Spinel about the Diamonds not being the easiest to get along with. It was Spinel that was set on starting over with them after White Diamond suggested it. Becoming a little jaded is nothing like Rose's character flaws of deception and manipulation.

That sounds a lot like Catra.

Lapis. Holding Jasper in Malachite beyond 30 minutes? Done to satisfy her need to be in control of a situation and take out her pent up frustration at her thousands of years of isolation on someone (huh, sounds familiar). Taking the barn with her when she abandoned Earth? Literally no reason to do so other than to hurt Peridot. It serves no practical purpose and only hinders her in travel, and given she was willing to leave without it at first it didn't hold any significant sentimental value. She only took it to punish Peridot. And yet Steven still assures her and doesn't criticize her action when he finds her on the moon and she gets hugged by him when she ''obliterates it'' to hinder Blue Diamond. Meanwhile Spinel gets a handshake and isn't even offered a chance to live on Earth.

Spinel herself isn't very toxic. She can come off as clingy, annoying and naive to some people, but her goal is to make people happy. Really the only reason Spinel wanted to kill Steven and the CGs was because she wanted revenge on PD for abandoning her for 6000 years without giving her any sort of sign that she didn't want to associate with Spinel anymore. I can understand if you dislike Spinel, though. But you have to hate Pink Diamond even more, regardless if you like Spinel or not.

Pink Diamond, on the other hand, is a toxic as toxic can get. I'd hate to have to rehash the same statements on why Pink Diamond is literally a garbage being, but she's incredibly childish, she abandoned those who cared about her, and instead of directly defecting from the diamonds like a real one would, she staged her own death like a pussy. Even if war was imminent, it would've been a better tactic to stay as Pink Diamond as she would've had full control of Earth's resources, more soldiers fighting for her cause, and less cases like Jasper (wanting revenge on Rose for killing Pink Diamond, who are the same person).

>TL;DR you can call spinel toxic all you want but pink diamond is toxic times infinity

Attached: garbage.png (2000x3267, 451K)

The thing with the war is a little to abstract to put in a toxic person context, But when you strip down those parts of the plot you are left with a person that acted like a brat to her family, abandoned them when she fed up with them. Emotionally manipulated her friend in a relationship where it was clear she was in control. Lied to her friends to keep the facade of being a noble person and left them with a lot of unresolved issues when she died.

And is clear she is aware of what kind of person she is, but doesn't want to face it she doesn't even come clean about her identity, her treatment of Bismuth or her issues with Pearl. She left them in a mess because she didn't want to ruin the perception the other had of her.

I get what she's saying, but I don't think this rings all that true with how Spinel was presented in the film. Maybe we're looking at varying definitions of what a "toxic" person is. Spinel was never friends with Steven. Steven never made an attempt to befriend her, for reasons I understand, but still disagree with based on his extensive history befriending the many beings who have also wished him harm or death.

but like she says, it's a cartoon and the traits are heavily exaggerated. The clingy amnesiac Spinel is exhibiting some toxic behavior, like when she barks at him for attempting to leave her behind. The broken Spinel who reels at the notion that Steven only needed her to get rid of the doomsday mcguffin and then fuck off has a more justified reaction given her newly realized backstory, imo.