Let’s be real, Batman should have killed Joker after this...

Let’s be real, Batman should have killed Joker after this. Any comics of Batman fighting Joker after this should have been prequels, non-canonical Elseworlds one-shots, or in a different continuity altogether. Batman no longer has a moral argument for not killing Joker after this

Attached: 6D09D088-CB51-403D-8529-25D70AF8B9C7.jpg (928x798, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ghJXaSOKdKE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this was so horrible. I’m still gonna use kids as sidekicks and let them fight the Joker though

Attached: 9C33A6BD-3CE9-4E30-BC5B-8627C5CB8199.jpg (1090x550, 158K)

>Let’s be real, Batman should have killed Jo
Stopped reading there.

ker after this. Any comics of Batman fighting Joker after this should have been prequels, non-canonical Elseworlds one-shots, or in a different continuity altogether. Batman no longer has a moral argument for not killing Joker after this

He tried.

>In "Joker: Last Laugh" (2001), the doctors at Arkham Asylum convince the character that he is dying in an attempt to rehabilitate him. Instead, the Joker (flanked by an army of "Jokerized" supervillains) launches a final crime spree. Believing that Robin (Tim Drake) has been killed in the chaos, Dick Grayson beats the Joker to death (although Batman revives his foe to keep Grayson from being a murderer)

Attached: 0269782B-366A-45A2-B965-E574FAB2793E.jpg (960x882, 59K)

He literally resolves to kill Joker in Death in the Family and only doesn't do it because he has to jump out of the crashing helicopter Joker's in to save himself.

Attached: RCO133_1468896326.jpg (1041x1600, 538K)

Not to the Joker but didn't his own kid die in battle?

But after the Death in the Family storyline he STILL doesn’t kill the Joker. The comics just keep going and he confronts the Joker a bunch more times, keeping him alive every time. The gun rule kinda makes sense due to the whole parents thing, but not killing Joker is just irresponsible at this point

Funny thing about that. Batman used to kill Joker pretty much every time they met, back in that hot few months of the Golden Age when he still killed people. But in those days, Joker would just come back from his most recent death at the start of the next story. So, even when Batman killed the Joker, killing the joker was ineffectual. Moralizing about Batman having a responsibility to kill the joker is about as sensible as moralizing that he ought to pull the damn moon out of the sky.

Those were my favorite comic books as a kid, The Batman Chronicles. But Golden Age logic doesn’t apply here. This is talking about a specific continuity. The continuity after this lasted what, 20 more years without him killing the Joker? It’s just flanderizing the character at that point

But user, if you killed joker, the number of murderers in the world stays the same

fine with me. I'd rather have a murderer who selectively kills other murderers than a murderer who goes after good innocent upstanding people. This isnt rocket science but cucked media tries to imply you cannot go there.

Now if you kill the Joker you become the Joker.

Sure he does, you just don't agree with it.

He never had a moral argument for not killing him. Batman is a self-righteous douchebag who although does what he does to feel better about himself he still wants to pretend it's for the greater good.

Obviously killing another person isn't right, but doing it doesn't taint the whole collective human race; it taints YOU. If you actually wanted to help people you'd make the sacrifice of ruining yourself on a moral level by killing a jackass who will no doubt endanger countless innocents if you keep pretending you're somehow the chief representative of the moral fiber of society at large.

Attached: Estrenan-el-avance-de-la-película-“Guasón”-protagonizada-por-Joaquín-730x430.jpg (730x430, 35K)

Then you keep killing murderers and it will start going down duh

Honestly this is the shit Morrison should have talked about instead of the Batmobile tires. This is a conceit, "I dunno, probably Alfred" isn't.

Attached: 1567878952783.jpg (1200x1200, 115K)

Bruce should kill the joker then retire, leaving Grayson to take the mantle

One of the few things that stops Red Hood from devolving entirely into a bad character is that he's entirely right on the matter of Batman and the Joker. And the fact that Bats if you look at it more or less tries to kill/maim Red Hood to stop him from offing the Joker at one point IIRC.

Man, I love Batman's autism but it gets grating when you start to apply it logically over a long continuity

God said thou shalt not kill. He didn't add any exceptions to the rule.

Spider-man should've killed Osborne too but what actually happened is Norman became president.

Even robots know that allowing somebody to die by inaction is the same as killing

I think ultimately the point of the quote was the ability to over-analyze the trivial and unimportant to the story at hand.
>I dunno probably Alfred
Is absolutely what Grant Morrison wants you to think because it's not really important.
Death of Jason isn't unimportant and easily explained away, Grant absolutely wants you to analyze why Batman wouldn't kill the Joker after that because that makes you ask important questions about Batman as a character.

Attached: 1833903-writer_5.jpg (568x579, 242K)

Batman's decision to let the Joker live is solely because of editorial mandate which in turn is because of the value of the intellectual property, and nothing to do with artistic intent. There's no meaning to derive from these stories, it doesn't say anything about life, it doesn't come from a genuine place in an artist's heart, it's a glorified 80-year-long commercial, it's as pointless a question as asking why the kids don't just give the Trix rabbit some cereal by now. Attempting to explain it within the narrative is a futile recipe for nonsense.

>Batman revives his foe to keep Grayson from being a murderer
That's why normal people laugh at superhero comics. Literally applying the 5-second rule to fucking murder

You fools. I've faced this lunatic countless times, and I know for a fact that lethal force has no effect on him. This monster has survived gunshots, explosions, helicopter crashes, plane crashes, car crashes, poison, drowning, the electric chair, freezing, fire, falling hundreds of feet into factory chimeneys, and massive brain injuries. He just won't die.
That's why we must forget about killing him, it's a waste of time. The only way to stop the Joker is to inflict the worst kind of pain possible on him, traumatizing him so much that he will never be able to pose a threat to anyone ever again.
Someone has to rape the Joker. And if Batman won't do it, then I will.

Attached: GordonBTAS.jpg (640x480, 38K)

They can just make new continuities though, observe
youtube.com/watch?v=ghJXaSOKdKE
Maybe it’s just the obsession with “canon” and “continuity” that ruined it. Cause you’ve got this story where the Joker beats Robin, a 12 year old child, near to death with a crowbar in front of his mother before blowing up the building they’re in. And in response, Batman just… does nothing. For 20 years, this timeline continues, with Batman content to just keep throwing the Joker behind bars. It’s really really fucked. I’d even accept him killing the Joker and then the Joker returns somehow in some later comic without any explanation why or how.
But Batman letting him live after that just sours the entire concept

I think this is really more an issue of tone than anything else. Batman shouldn't have to kill the joker because Joker never should have become so psychotically evil and murderous in the first place. Some career crook clown comes in robs a bank, makes a kidnapping sets a trap or two and it's off to Arkham because whatever. Now Joker is so destructive that it's less a question of why Batman doesn't kill him and why no one does?

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>Batman should have raped Joker after this
Fix'd

there's two easy ways to handle this that they really should use at least one of at this point;

1) hard reboot the continuity, have Joker in this universe not be a mass murderer, he still might occasionally kill someone but there's always a reason for it(and it mostly ends up being other criminals he murders anyways)

2) kill off the original Joker and introduce a new one who doesn't kill, allows the Joker concept to be continued but also eases up on the whole "keeping Joker alive" issue that has always been a headache from a Watsonian perspective(and has always been an unsatisfying one from a Doylist one)

For a little bit.
To be fair, the kid was literally raised to be a warrior and his death was tied to his origins as such.

To be honest, Batman's code is pretty fucking stupid and cucked.

His entire ethos is dumb as fuck. He wont kill, but he'll cripple the fuck out of people, put them through immense pain and suffering, for what? Because he doesnt want to be a killer? Batman is arguably WORSE than the villains. He has the chance to stop the pain and suffering, yet doesnt. In a way, he is the ones killing, robbing, raping, scamming the citizens.

He also knows that Arkham is completely fucked, yet does nothing. He doesnt fix it. He throws joker and the rest of the gallery in there all day everyday and still decides to put them in there.

Lets not forget to mention his little boy helpers. Employing CHILDREN to help him aid his crimes and fuck ups. Employing them and making them judt like him. Broken people willing to let crimes go unpunished. Barb wouldnt have been raped if Batman killed the Joker. Robin would be alive if Joker had been killed. Injudtice wouldnt have happened if Joker had been killed.

That could also be true. Why he isn’t just dismembered by the police force is a total mystery

Attached: 683DC8C1-5ABA-4952-A429-2198C102EFBA.jpg (584x474, 93K)

batman not killing the joker only makes sense as a side effect of his own trauma about death than anything else. Trying to come up with a moral argument as to why the psycho clown terrorist should be allowed to live is never going to work.

Better idea, they should have 3 Jokers.

But then I don't get to act smug about "it not making sense that Batman doesn't just murder the Joker"

I agree, it doesn't have to be this way, we do see other sorts of stories work just fine in adaptations. The industry is the way it is because of greed and fear. Marvel proved that you can sell characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy to people who have never heard of them before and rake in millions through ticket sales and toys. There's no need to protect IP in an unchanging status quo for all eternity. It's not like if they really killed Joker for good, forever, and he never again for the rest of history ever appeared in the present and alive in a canonical Batman comic, that they would have to stop selling Joker toys and merch or not use him in adaptations. Darth Vader's been dead for 40 years and he's still a valuable IP that makes lots of money. No, the comic book industry just sucks, and it makes the stories worse, as you said it takes the reader out of it because it's impossible to explain away this nonsense.

Go to bed, Geoff.

Why doesn't the US government send in some assassins and take down all these assholes in a single night? It's not like they're hard to find. The moment that clown sticks his head out, pop, he's dead. I want to read a comic like that, Batman comes home from some spacey Justice League trip and most of his rogue's gallery is dead, crime rate plummets, he feels awkward and sheepish. An uptick in petty crime because the streets aren't controlled by costumed lunatics, but no one has to worry about goddamn Joker toxin or whatever.

>Why doesn't the US government send in some assassins and take down all these assholes in a single night?
Americans hate the Feds.

Yeah it's nonsense but cape comics are. Superman should crush Lex's skull next chance he gets since the guy is literally trying to wipe out the multiverse now

Bruce should have sacrificed himself to make sure the cunt was dead and avenge the kid he was supposed to take care of. Fuck Batman

I think this is the IRL plan for October 4th.

Attached: Magnus Incel-Fighter.jpg (618x554, 46K)

Why doesn't Green Lantern do it? He's a cop and they're criminals. It's completely in character for any of them to tell Batman to fuck off as well.

It's coming out October 3rd in my country. So luckily I will be able to see it before some faggot gives a theatre what it fucking deserves and the movie gets pulled

I agree

I actually really like this.

In general, my headcanon for why this happens is the parallel worlds thing: In trillions of universes, every combination of superhero killing supervillain has happened, and we are just reading the edge case where it doesn't.

so if you kill two murderers it starts going down?

>Now Joker is so destructive that it's less a question of why Batman doesn't kill him and why no one does?
This. At this point, Joker should have realistically been surreptitiously shot by a cop with a grudge against him one of the times Batman turned the clown over to the authorities. God knows he's killed plenty of cops in canon, and that puts a huge target on your back. Why some orderly at Arkham hasn't snuck some poison in his food after the times Joker has killed staff to escape I'll never know.

Look, if any writer killed Joker then WB and DC would just bring him back right away after anyway and you know it.
There is no “moral argument”; he’s fucking fictional character and the Joker is his most well-known and thus most marketable antagonist so he’s not gonna stay dead anymore, not in modern day.

Batman could kill Joker, cut him into five distinct metal boxes and have Clark throw all of them into five different suns and he’d STILL come back, making the killing look even more pointless and ineffectual.

I always thought it would be cool and realistic to see the Joker die at the hands of a civilian who’s had enough. Like, getting shot on the courthouse steps by a family member of one of his victims.

What society?
Where do you see people socializing?

It would, but Joker would come back eventually anyway.

I want Batman to kill him accidentally and be distraught and get autistically angry at all his friends for being ecstatic about it

True. At this point, Joker is literally too evil. It's like if Batman met Osama bin Laden on steroids and refused to kill him, and then everyone else refused to kill him. It's laughably unrealistic. In the real world, the Joker would've been dead a million times already.

Equally pointless due to the Joker’s inevitable return, but funnier.

*raped

The Hebrew says murder, not kill.

>tfw most of Batman rogue gallery keeps their silver age innocence
>tfw after a night fighting real gansters, rapist, drug dealer and another scums of Gotham underworld Batman just enjoys the zanny and colorfull of masked felonies who just want to expresed themself

>that subtle McDonalds logo in the bottom panel

Ok I’m sorry if I’m a cunt that needs to lurk more but what’s the QRD on Gordon raping Joker? Is that because he crippled and raped Babs?

How have I never seen that?

Attached: 262DCA9B-7020-48E5-B82B-2EF8AEB3070D.jpg (1125x1030, 823K)

the argument is that he's his lover

>Let’s be real, Batman

You want to 'be real' about comic book characters where in the same story Joker became Iran's ambassador?

Attached: 012.jpg (3024x4032, 2.67M)

The Joker was suppose to die in his first appearance.

I wonder what the What If like for the Batman universe would be if that had stuck. Like, if Whitney Ellsworth had let Bob Kane go with his original plan.

Would Batman's life be better or worse?

Because Batman goes full asshole when it comes to his city and people interfering, even his friends. No Man's Land was the biggest example of this, and something that I'm surprised isn't memed about as hard as killing the Joker.

He was. Multiple times. Even a fucking headshot. Never takes.

Didn't he even lampshade it when a cop shoots him and he just laughs it off while bleeding and says 'That joke never works'

Are there any stories that actually run with the idea that Batman's no-kill thing is more a neurotic, post-traumatic habit than a real ideological principle?