Why don't countries such as Italy, Germany, Spain make cartoons? It seems that besides Japan...

Why don't countries such as Italy, Germany, Spain make cartoons? It seems that besides Japan, America is the second biggest cartoon creator out there.

Attached: 1509194777267s.jpg (250x250, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/157556005
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Animation_studios
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Italian_animation_studios
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_animation_studios
youtube.com/watch?v=5XBI7PZKq00
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe6zWTCVb4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=lwRM12OiZK8
youtube.com/watch?v=fs_6UGooGJE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We make cartoons user.
But Frenchies and Brits (and irish sometimes) are the real cartoonists and animators.
In Italy we made some boring ass cgi cartoons that should have never been made and that just tried to live the hype of cgi.
Honestly italian's animation had a great point with 2D. When MondoTv made these strange cartoons that were bad. But sometimes the animated series were good.
Honestly the cgi killed our animation, we used it because every others was using it. But restricted the anmation and the characters emotions. Just look at the Gormiti cartoons, 3D was shit, 2D french series was...bad but not for the animation, 3D again and everything is bad

Attached: mojndotv.jpg (320x451, 35K)

we had Tombolin's hygiene that was kino as fuck despite being from the 30's vimeo.com/157556005

Attached: tombolin.png (701x515, 345K)

>Why don't countries such as Italy, Germany, Spain make cartoons?

Why don't you do a little Googling and answer your own question?

Open wide, here comes the spoon:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Animation_studios
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Italian_animation_studios
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_animation_studios

Attached: Simpsons_FindThatOut.jpg (640x480, 49K)

1. Yes they obviously do if you look it up for a sec
2. Disney alone is bigger then the entire anime industry

>Disney alone is bigger than the entire anime industry
Assuming you mean disney's animation ventures, you are fucking mental. And if you mean all of disney, I'm still not even sure if that's correct, and I have no idea why you'd even fucking bring that up in a discussion about animation.

Germans are too busy ruining Europe for a 3rd time.

>Disney alone is bigger then the entire anime industry

Anime is worth almost as much as all of hollywood.

Do you understand how globalism works? Beyond the HBD advantages that makes animation way more viable as a Japanese industry, US and EU animation has only declined over time, it will never make economic sense ever again for those countries produce traditional animation in a world where Anime exists. So they don’t make cartoons because it’s not super-profitable, meaning the industry declines, meaning nobody makes cartoons, etc.

India just works for america . There are many outsourcing .

Literally the only USA cartoon without foreigner animators is South Park

Italy doesn't typically make cartoon series but they make a lot of animated movies. I don't think many of them make it overseas though

>Italy doesn't typically make cartoon series but they make a lot of animated movies. I don't think many of them make it overseas though
We make cartoon series, it's just that aren't good enough to go overseas.
Think at the New Gormiti and the Martin Mystery animate series. SHIT!

The United States is the biggest media generator period. The sheer dollar value of American animation dwarfs Japan's.
JUST The Incredibles 2 generated 1.3 billion.

You have no idea what you’re talking about, anime is way more profitable than american animation.

I have a pajeet friend having a profile picture with Oscar. Apparently he worked for spiderverse from India.

Italian cartoons exist, but they're all animated by that Korean studio that sucks at using Flash and yet keeps using it.

>Germans are too busy ruining Europe for a 3rd time.
>only a 3rd time

Attached: destroy europe.jpg (853x480, 78K)

American and japanese cartoons dominate
But have you actually read one of your superhero type comic books and movies.Shits ass.It cannot be compared to dylan dog,tex,zagor etc.

Germany made some children shows in the past. Now the only thing they make are animation movies about the horror of growing up with right wing parents and Islam propaganda

youtube.com/watch?v=5XBI7PZKq00

Attached: bibi Blocksberg.webm (384x288, 823K)

You have to be insane to think this

Anime is worth just under 20 billion in a good year. That's movies, television, DVD and Blu Ray, the whole works.
Disney MOVIES are going to hit 10 billion this year.

Spain has made some animated works.

Attached: 44E15C4B-B607-4FBF-8B58-FC2283095B78.jpg (500x302, 89K)

Attached: 60F16FBD-B453-48C7-948C-7294CA84A0E9.jpg (398x500, 54K)

>Suddenly remembers the animated Titantic movie

France/canadian animation has large public funds, because there is a demand for their animation both in and outside the country. Italy, spain or germany don't bother giving it much support because it'd be money thrown to the fire. Sometimes it does happen though, Italy had a popular show for kids called Melevisione, which had animated shorts from both Italy and EU.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe6zWTCVb4Y

Budget isn't a measure of quality. Like, Mars Needs Moms cost way more than all of Japan's feature length animation that year, but it's still an ugly piece of crap.

all these 3 countries have a significant number of animated products, not as much as disney but what do you expect?
Should every country build their culture around cartoons like Japan and the US?

>aut/his/ts in full force as usual

>I can't answer, go read that shit and tell me I'm smart

German television ran a lot of german cartoons back in the 90s, but with the advent of CGI it all slowly vanished. Politics never really cared for the industry since compared to countries like France cartoons in germany are just "entertainment for kids" according to them. There was just no space to evolve for us, so I moved on to the Videogame industry.

t. 2D Animator

Attached: 234345456.jpg (314x314, 18K)

Italian artists are too busy restoring all that old art to make new stuff

We make animation, go watch monster allergy

Attached: coverlg_home.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

>Cinderella the Cat (2017)
The trailer is kind of creepy.
youtube.com/watch?v=lwRM12OiZK8
is it any good

>There was just no space to evolve for us, so I moved on to the Videogame industry.
The video game industry in Germany is as lackluster though. Especially now that Crytek is basically dead

very italycentric, I don't think general audiences might get it. the animation is real good though

Attached: IMG_20190916_210644.png (1080x589, 902K)

What, you gonna release Gothic 2 under a new name a few more times?

>Anime is worth just under 20 billion in a good year.
Dollars? That's insane...
I thought it was just some cheaply produced crap for autists to jerk off to, wtf.

>Why don't countries such as Italy make cartoons?
We do user and we are the bestest at it

Attached: Darian.jpg (1200x900, 139K)

how could I forget this absolute masterpiece of shitposting

Attached: mafia_adrian.png (1000x667, 1.4M)

Anonimo...No, non fa ridere

Wasn't Huntik Italian?

Just you wait, I'm sure Risen Gothlex 9 will turn the tides.

Most industrialized countries make cartoons. Not all of them make original cartoons that get distribution abroad. Just look at Korea.

Just look at this absolute shitshow.
youtube.com/watch?v=fs_6UGooGJE

>Only third time
>Trips
I'm getting conflicting messages

i saw it last year at a festival and it was great, the ambience is really great
and yep it's kind of dark/creepy, it's supposed to be more accurate to the original story than the disney remake

Because you guy's hog the resources and the main market.

Every non-Hollywood animation company making CGI looks like poorly-rendered PS2 games with really weird big eyes. I don't know how non-Pixar/Dreamworks companies can't figure it out.

Spain has made plenty of animated series
Lola and Virginia? Dogtanian and the Three Muskethounds?

>Every non-Hollywood animation company making CGI looks like poorly-rendered PS2 games with really weird big eyes. I don't know how non-Pixar/Dreamworks companies can't figure it out.
Unlucky for me Europe is too primitive to figure it out.
They keep making cgi movies when it's clear they can't make the animation look nice and the characters feel alive.
We should just be 2D until we're a little more advanced

It's capitalism. You copy the things making the most cash even if it sucks. Like how the success of Adventure Time lead to all those crappy Calarts cartoon copycats and their crummy comedy.

How do you not know about Die Schule der Kleinen Vampire? Gruftine was the FOTM not too long ago.

Attached: rendition=KlottundderGoldschatz_F7.jpg.jpg (512x288, 49K)

have you faggots forgot about winx club, which is made in italy? yes it hasnt been good since season 3 but in 15 years we got 8 seasons, 2 musicals, 3 movies and two netflix series

Attached: bcaee7141784bbdae9707cf2938b04f9.jpg (640x640, 130K)

No one exports their media like the US does and anime is a very broad range of content and freaking huge in Japan

What in the holy fuck did they do to my girls? They look like some My Scene thots now.

why do they look like blingee.com decorations now?

Attached: 1503977327156.gif (477x264, 2.09M)

the lead writer said on twitter that since they want to cater to preschool kiddies (it airs on a preschool channel in italy since season 7) they changed the artstyle, yet they keep catering to nostalgic fans on instagram like "15 reasons to watch season 8! valtor is back! diaspro is back! the trix are back!" i guess it backfired horribly

Talk about art degradation.