Bandmate dies

>bandmate dies
>personality completely changes overnight
Why did Kurt's death affect him so deeply?

Attached: MV5BMTEzMjUxNTQ5MjheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDY1Mzk0MDk@._V1_.jpg (1398x2048, 816.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHjM1f8qlNo
nme.com/news/music/nirvana-149-1276355
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because he was his best mate

because he could no longer leach off Nirvana's fame, he saw his inevitable fall into obscurity

He just grew up

people wanted him around, he just chose not to play the game anymore. his other bands after nirvana were offered record deals, but he never took them.

Because he's a talentless hack who got lucky playing bass in a simplistic grunge band where he only had to finger a couple notes.

someone close to him died bro what do you mean "affect him so deeply"

He didn't have to play the part of being in a band anymore

this. the reason you know Kurt was a real outcast growing up was that his lifelong best friend was a giant goofy Serb

I've never met anyone who went through a complete personality change after someone close to them died

Fuckin root note bassist

what balding does to a mf

Its not unreasonable to think that some people would. I know people who have

complexity /=/ how good the music is

how so? you mean he wasnt making jokes in every interview anymore? no shit... it would be weird to still be "le funny drunk guy" after your friend killed himself. dude sobered up and moved on with his life.

>Serb
Croat.
his family is from Dalmatia.

Based bass

mean

>Why did Kurt's death affect him so deeply?
Imagine you're 27-28, in the hottest rock band of the decade with your closest friends. Your teenage dream came true, you got fuck-you money and you got fuck-you fame. You can play bass naked on stage and everyone will think it's the coolest shit ever. You're made now.

Then the vocalist and your closest friend kills himself.

He lost alot more than just his closest friend, he lost his entire life and entire future. Then there's alot of suicide guilt and all that shit. They saw it coming, but they didnt grab hold of it early enough. In many ways they enabled Kurt since none of them could really stand up to him.

I dont know about you, but that would fuck me up in more ways that just the shock of losing my closest friend. If my closest friend dies tomorrow, it doesnt have a large effect on my life other than the grief and the loss of that friendship, my job doesnt evaporate, my future doesnt disintegrate, my sense of self doesnt up end itself. Most of my life would remain mostly intact. I bet if you ask Novoselic, he would seperate his life into before and after kurt died.

lol okay Dave

that video where he talks about still looking in pawnshop windows for left handed guitars before realizing he doesnt have to anymore gets me right in the feels

Good post but you forgot to mention that at the same time all that happened he also went bald. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

if dave cared about krist, he wouldve invited him to join foo fighters. he invited Pat, afterall...

lol. imagine going bald. what a loser.

He changed whenever he changed his name as a political protest or whatever. Kurt was more jokey at the unplugged show

But he was invited

No he wasn't you fucking liar

now imagine being you. Id definitely pick being bald

Wasn't their final interaction something like Krist driving Kurt to airport to go to rehab or something and Kurt punched him and ran away with the last words being something like "fuck you man" while vanishing around the corner.

nah his Sweet 75 was signed. Was a supergroup basically it just was shelved for too long and then it was panned for being different. He had Herb Albert and the Tijuana brass and a couple people from REM. By the time it even came out people were too into the other acts that remained and with Hole and Foo that was already big af you could get that fix still without his wierdo sound cause it was a weird band.

Yes he was he played accordion in Foo Fighters. There's no indication of bad blood they just different dudes who went in other directions. Krist stayed pretty punk. He was with the Melvins and Flipper sat in with other bands and Foo was dad rock-y even back then.

what

i'm fairly certain that he was invited to join, but decided that it could be viewed as nirvana 2 and he went off to do his own thing
and i think that the last thing on his mind would be to try to do nirvana again

In this case it would of. Krist went sober. Just that alone will really change a personality. You may not even like the people the you thought were your best friends anymore.

Oh It's also important to remember that REM was Kurt and Krists favorite band. Having members of REM in his band was prolly pretty awesome for music threapy to get mind off Kurt.

OP is clearly best friends with Krist and knows how he is outside of interviews. youre jsut jealous.

foo fighters couldve been gen-x's new order, though. krist couldve stopped dave from going full butt rock... we live in teh darkest timeline.

i mean, me too. but this thread isnt about me.

That doesn't mean he was invited to join them

That was the trajectory from the beginning tho. Grohl wanted arena rock to make a positive lighter hearted turnaround. It would be wierd dynamics to other members too.

Classic rock stations really adopted Foo fast in their playlists with like ZZ top and shit lol

Why? They suck

Shut the fuck up and read before speak.

Attached: its literally on his wiki.jpg (1628x266, 104.43K)

Right it's kinda weird even back then but they envied Michal Stipes songwriting abilities. Automatic For the People really defined their their youth well before Sonic even. Sonic Youth would be like you discover after getting your swimmers legs in college radio. REM was everywhere.

i just think we couldve gotten more what dave said was a "sonic youth inspired" track like everlong. he maybe wouldve felt inclined to impress krist

This is my point of view on it as well

I'm reminded of a story about Beatlemania. The Beatles basically have said that the only thing keeping them grounded during that level of fame was each other.

Now, just imagine how you would feel if you were Paul and, at the height of Beatlemania, John Lennon had turned around and blew his brains out.

since Grohl only joined around the time they blew up, Kurt is really the only guy Krist can fully relate to on the terms of their meteoric rise to fame and general career. They basically had a relationship closer than most married couples ever do. And what should have been a career and success most people would kill for ended in an abrupt, nightmarish way which probably makes it painful to even reminisce about

Grohl is going to kill himself screencap this.

Kurt wanted to fire Grohl him for Mudhoney's drummer too and Grohl knew it well. youtube.com/watch?v=aHjM1f8qlNo

Yeah, it would be a disservice to simply say he "was not as close" to Kurt as Krist was, which is how most people sum up the relationship between member of Nirvana. I think it's a disservice because it's not even in the same ballpark or the same realm of possibility that Grohl and Kurt could be very close. Simply put, he was just one of the many people who had played drums in Nirvana

>Kurt wanted to fire Grohl him for Mudhoney's drummer too
debatable, apparently kurt said that after reading some interview dave gave to details magezine.

His personality didn't change at all. Don't know what the fuck you are talking about

he's less goofy in interviews. thats about it, though.

>personality change
Did you know him personaly before kurt died? what about after?
yeah thought so faggot

nme.com/news/music/nirvana-149-1276355

I mean it sounds like Grohl was out on his own as well. So nasty the manager had to get involved. Grohl drummed like an arena rocker the whole time tho so I tend to belive it. He was even going too ham on unplugged for the mood.

someday we'll understand why nirvana triggers pol zoomers

i'm guessing it's because they see cute girls wearing nirvana shirts from a young age

is this somehow some drumming Dave couldnt pull off?
dont think so

please son

Its not about only about drumming. Grohl was not same scene philosophies. lol

There was royalties beef at that stage too and (Courtney was in the mix so of course drama). Kurt wanted 75% retroactive so that would cover everything instead the 3 way split. Lets not downplay what long term heroin and fame and women does to bands lol

>the Virgin Kurt Cobain 3 way split
>the Chad Bill Corgan not giving bandmates any piece of his songwriting money

suicide will change you when its someone really close to you. I lost my only brother 6 1/2 yrs ago, i still have trouble sleeping, trusting people, and ive generally become a little apathetic towards others after seeing how little some of your closest friends and immediate family actually care.

If someone in your immediate family, meaning your parents and siblings, takes their own life, a large part of you dies with them. And until you experienced the absolute confusion and sadness from it yourself, you will not understand.

As for Kirst, maybe for all we know Kurt confided in him before he did it and Kirst didnt take the time to listen, and now lives with that guilt.
Suicide is a terrible thing for everyone involved.

bet you cant play Lounge Act, faggot

depression fucks you