Wait, It's nothing, So what the fuck was the point of hiding it from Tai Lung in the first place?

Wait, It's nothing, So what the fuck was the point of hiding it from Tai Lung in the first place?

Attached: OQySCe6GZC5Qz-nSQftJvHnjgO_iZs6c39S7QhXz8Do.jpg (1920x816, 426K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nM97UfizOn8
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tq_v0lbLpc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think anybody knew what was in it so they couldn't risk letting him have it anyway

Tai Lung went into a murderous rampage just by being told he couldn't look at it, you think he would have accepted being told that it's actually just a blank piece of paper? You really think he would have 'got' it?

Except Oogway, He literally risked so many lives for a thousand year prank
>Yeah there's nothing there Lmao
>Ooooh, So the point is that strength comes from you and your hard work?
>Yeah, totally

They didn't wanna risk some one unworthy from getting it because "unlimited powuurrr!", Just give it to him and let him have a mid-life crisis

>He literally risked so many lives for a thousand year prank
I fthink you're just shitposting.

>mid-life crises

A mid-life crisis for Tai Lung is, again, a murderous rampage. I suppose you could make the argument that, if he's going to rampage regardless, you should at least let him see it so he can move on, but Tai Lung is a man obsessed. Even if he was given the scroll, he wouldn't understand what it meant, and would convince himself that Oogway just still hiding it from him, putting us back at step one.

Wasn't that what happened at the end of the movie?

Admittedly, it's been a while since I watched the movie, but I remember Po explicitly explaining what the scroll meant, and Tai Lung responding by getting mad and punching him. So I think it's safe to say that Tai Lung didn't believe him.

>Make an empty piece of paper
>Hype it up as a secret to becoming the most powerful dude ever
>No one's allowed to look at it
>Guy who spent his entire life training to become the recipient to it was denied, He goes on a murder spree tantrum
>Make sure he never gets it
>Realize you're dying
>Leave the fate of the valley in the hands of a retard for shits and gigs
The main fear was that it had some special technique or secret recipe that would turn you all powerful, But it didn't actually exist, There were no stakes at all

it was always supposed to be denied to tai lung. that was the whole test, to see if he would show humility.

>There were no stakes at all
So you're just shitposting.

I mean, in KFP, Kung Fu strength is directly proportional to how 'in tune' you are with who you really are. That's why every creature has a unique style, and why inner peace gives you a power boost. So it's possible that the dragon scroll would make you stronger, if you understood it.
At least, until KFP3, in which everything is retconned to 'lol chi.'

Have to make that bitch work for it, obviously. Also maybe years from now it's revealed in KFP 8 that you can shine a blacklight on it for some hidden message.

>a piece of paper with stuff on it will make you the most powerful being
You're an actual cuck. You know that? Pathetic and no will.

I'm sure it's less of "not believing him" and more of the fact that he dedicated his life for nothing, He trained day and night for his entire life just to be denied then you find out that the scroll was given to a fatass Panda who picked up Kung Fu as a hobby, Beat his ass and find out that all the hard work and all the lives you've taken was for an empty piece of paper

Then he should've trained harder if he got beaten by a fat LARPer with an empty scroll.

His fat ass literally absorbs all the attacks, He also had him beat and pummeled to the ground

>Describing the percieved function of a plot device in a Fantasy Kung Fu movie based on Chinese culture makes me a cuck
K

Oogway knew he was the type of person to go on a killing spree if he was ceremoniously presented with the scroll.

What are the odds that every tumble they took on the stairs, his face was the recepient of panda posterior?
Also destiny/chosen one against hard work, tai lung stood no chance.

HE RACKED DISCIPRINE!

Attached: Uncle Chan flick.gif (400x300, 431K)

Fucker saw shifu was training tai lung wrong and did nothing.

I think you're a fucking retard.

This is literally what happened in the movie and anyone who disagrees is as dumb as a sack of dog shit.

r/l merger still continues to be a Japanese, not a Chinese, thing.

Also, don't be racist.

What you think doesn’t matter.

>So what the fuck was the point of hiding it from Tai Lung in the first place?

Tai Lung wasn't the dragon warrior and the scroll was for the dragon warrior. The scroll could have said "dragon warrior sucks monkey balls" for all it mattered. Even in being blank wasn't "nothing". It still contained a message that was expressly for the guy who would become the dragon warrior. The fact Tai Lung wasn't the dragon warrior and couldn't look at the scroll was enough to make him destroy absolutely fucking everything and I really doubt anyone knew that was coming.

Everyone always points to Shifu raising Tai Lung with promises of dragon warrior tier status but that's never actually stated. We are expressly told that Tai Lung himself just wanted more and more (whether that's power or status isn't really clear since all that's said on the matter was "it was never enough for Tai Lung) and when he couldn't take a peak at a fucking scroll he lost his absolute shit. Tai Lung isn't tragic in any capacity, he's just a power hungry ass despite being raised by a LOVING Shifu.

They weren't hiding it
Everyone knew where it was. Tai Lung was just deemed unworthy. Even if he did get it before all the bullshit, he wouldn't have gotten the idea behind it because of how he saw strength and power.
It's tied to eastern philosophy that most westerners wouldn't understand because their philosophy is force everything that's in their way either with bombs or with virtue signaling

so you conveniently forget about his rant that he did all of it for shifu (to make him proud)?

Nigger, I don't think you grasp how Zen works.

It's been awhile since I've seen Kung Fu Panda, what even happened to Tai Lung? I don't remember a scene where they throw him back in jail

So that excuses his murderous rampage?

He gets nuked.

>reddit spacing
>complaining about engrish
yeah, methinks you need to go back.

Po blew him the fuck up, he's dead.

no but you're blaming it all on him when there's three persons involved.
tai lung was obsessed in becoming the dragon warrior to make shifu proud. shifu was training him harder and harder, becoming oblivious to what tai lung is becoming. oogway saw all of this and did nothing.

oogway is literally pic included

Attached: 4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

You're acting like Shifu literally made Tai Lung break his own bones just to train.

It is not empty, it is full of hope and desire to make a better world.

Attached: Capture.png (474x265, 233K)

Wew, Dreamworks does not fuck around

Oogway is definitely the biggest asshole in the situation and I find it difficult to believe a sane adult would believe otherwise. He deliberately orchestrated the crisis, for no reason, while watching it happen every step of the way making no attempt to stop it.

I think that I'm right in blaming the guy that thought that he was entitled to the scroll just because he trained really hard, and when he didn't get it he just fucking killed innocent people.

Two cunts don't make a right, they're both deserving of blame.

Shifu fucked up bad by treating Tai Lung like his only worth was being the dragon warrior. That was not acceptable, and Shifu paid for it dearly. He wasn't evil though. Oogway was motherfucking evil, straight up.

>he did all of it for shifu

Changes nothing because Shifu never gave a fuck that Tai Lung couldn't achieve dragon warrior status. He blames Shifu for not backing him up on the scroll thing with the claim that it was all to make him proud but he never felt shame that Tai Lung couldn't achieve that shit in the first place.

>I think that I'm right in blaming the guy that thought that he was entitled to the scroll just because he trained really hard, and when he didn't get it he just fucking killed innocent people.

Tai Lung was an asshole but if he were not pushed to a psychological breaking point by an evil pseudo-immortal lunatic then nothing would have happened. He would have just lived and died as that guy who's really good at martial arts and is a bit of an asshole. Oogway is the one who instigated everything.

>Shifu fucked up bad by treating Tai Lung like his only worth was being the dragon warrior
What? Tai Lung was Shifu's kid, he didn't care that he wasn't the Dragon Warrior.

>Shifu never gave a fuck that Tai Lung couldn't achieve dragon warrior status.
>he never felt shame that Tai Lung couldn't achieve that shit in the first place.

... Shifu made it clear throught Tai Lung's entire life that Tai Lung's worth and the meaning of his existence as predicated on being the dragon warrior. This caused Tai Lung to go completely insane when he was denied his life's goal. How Shifu feels about these things after the fact is completely irrelevant.

Watch the movie again.

>Tai Lung was an asshole but if he were not pushed to a psychological breaking point by an evil pseudo-immortal lunatic then nothing would have happened
Why are you shitposting from the afterlife Tai Lung?
We saw what happened in the flashback, YOU were the one that made Shifu teach you kung-fu, YOU were the one that convinced himself that you were the DW and YOU were the one that consciously killed innocent people when you didn't get your way.

>YOU were the one that made Shifu teach you kung-fu

LMAO what? I'm done. Have fun with your fanfiction, kid.

This is the only good post in the entire thread.

>thinking Oogway is omnisciently aware of what was going on just because he decided Tai Lung was unworthy of the scroll

youtube.com/watch?v=nM97UfizOn8
Yes, he only trained him when he saw that he had potential and he never said that he was going to be the Dragon Warrior, he just said "destined for greatness".

And here's the scene where Tai Lung confronts Shifu
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tq_v0lbLpc
Tai Lung is the one saying that Shifu always knew that he was the DR, and he's an unreliable narrator at best.

It's like you missed the part when Oogway talked to Shifu about control under the peach tree. Oogway knew it wasn't his burden to declare how Shifu or Tai Lung should act, think or behave. The burden of the deaths falls on Tai Lung and the burden of raising a monster falls on Shifu. That's theirs to deal with.
If you like the idea of Oogway taking control of everything in his presence because he can then you like the idea of your parents doing everything for you until they lose the ability to do so.
inb4 spoiling one or two people is more acceptable than a murder spree
Look at how Shifu spoiled Tai Lung

It wasn't about how he was training, just who he was as a person. The kid was destined to hurt people and be evil, this is somehow the best case scenario.

But I wanted a new cellphone.

Didn't Po explain what the meaning of the scroll after Tai Lung stole it? His immediate response was to try and pressure-point strike Po when he didn't get it.

>he dedicated his life for nothing
He should've dedicated his life for anything else than a scroll. Like for example self-improvement as a person rather than as a fighter. He should've had more humility and wisdom. He should've been able to accept that he's not entitled to the scroll, and that there may be warriors who are better than him. He should've been happy that Shifu still loved him; he didn't need to prove himself with a scroll. But he didn't have the right mentality, and he didn't have what it took to understand the scroll.

Po was able to understand the scroll's meaning, find enlightenment and discover his potential with the scroll. He was worthy. But if the scroll had been given to a person who was unworthy, he wouldn't have understood it; he'd only become confused, disappointed or angered by it. Tai Lung expected the scroll to contain a magical power-boost and he wanted it more badly than anything else. If he had seen the scroll, he would've gotten angry and thrown a petty tantrum over it anyway. Oogway was right in not letting him see the scroll.

Sure, Tai Lung's mentors fucked up badly. Shifu could've been a better and more attentive parent. Oogway could've been less confusing, cryptic and trollish about everything. I particularly dislike Tai Lung's prison accommodations; they looked like they were cruel and torturous enough to push a person into insanity. But even so, Tai Lung still carries the responsibility for his own mistakes, and he got stuck in the prison because of the actions he himself had chosen.

>Wait, It's nothing, So what the fuck was the point of hiding it from Tai Lung in the first place?

It's Master Oogway being a troll again.