Is there anyone here who COULDN'T get into Looney Tunes shorts...

Is there anyone here who COULDN'T get into Looney Tunes shorts? The only time I actually laughed were during the Bob Clampett ones. All those other ones directed by Friz Freleng, Tex Avery, McKimson, etc are pretty boring.

Attached: 66e965b0532aa385f90182c77c74d8ad.jpg (1480x1080, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't entirely agree, but one thing I always hated?
Roadrunner cartoons. They're not funny, Jones. They've never been funny. Why are you making so fucking many of them?

what about the Art Davis shorts?

I distinctively remember laughing at the barber one, but I think that was it.

>Roadrunner cartoons
God, you're fucking right, RoadRunner was funny once, but there's something I can't quite put my finger on that I just dislike, does anyone remember that meta cartoon with the two kids just watching looney tunes cartoons and analyzing them? I think Chuck Jones did it.
It's why I fucking hate Tom & Jerry, Jerry always wins.

Attached: 1536524224364.jpg (532x329, 35K)

Honestly. I prefer the toons where Wile E. would try to catch Bugs.

Tex is the best. That guy always got a laugh out of me.

Looney tunes is pure sight gags, slapstick, over word play. Is that your issue?

The weird thing is for the longest time I agreed. As a kid I thought they were lame old cartoons.

Some time after age 20 I did a complete 180 and find them hilarious now

It was Sylvester and Tweety for me. It felt like a worse version of Tom & Jerry that tried to build humor around catchphrases instead of fun visual gags.

>Nicknamed Tom all my life
>Seeing my fellow namebro lose every episode
>Those episodes where Tom actually dies because of Jerry

Fuck that Mouse.
Fuck Woody Woodpecker while we're at it too.

Attached: file.png (1000x252, 410K)

t. John K

>Looney Tunes
>boring
You just have shit taste. Even if for some reason you don't find them funny, you should at least be enthralled on a technical level.

>John K
>EVER hating Looney Tunes

The Roadrunner short are all about visual humor, which is apparently too subtle for some to grasp.

Did you ever think that maybe Chuck Jones has a nasty habit of doing the same jokes over and over and over again? He remade his Duck Season vs. Rabbit Season cartoon like, four fucking times.

I feel your pain, I always wanted to see Tom win and this pissed me off as a kid, to the point where I hate Tom and Jerry.

Visual humor's great but RoadRunner shit's boring.

I say now, I say, let me learn ya something boy. Something about visual humor, and difference of character.

Today's tunes are nothing but, I say, nothing but obnoxious yelling. Annoying, now. I said annoying, boy. That's a word you should know.

Attached: downloadfile-1.gif (480x368, 1.52M)

i enjoyed the ones i watched as a kid but i can't force myself to give a shit about the loony tunes

>Visual humor
>Posts the one Looney Tunes character who thrives on dialogue and vocal performance over clever visual gags

ah, yes, what a brainlet I've been, unable to appreciate the subtext and nuance of a coyote falling off a cliff several dozen times

>it's a hating on Chuck Jones episodes
I suggest you watch this. youtube.com/watch?v=kHpXle4NqWI

I think that was the joke he was making. It's funny...unless he was being unironic

I've already seen that video ages ago, it doesn't change my mind about Chuck Jones. He had a very bad habit of repeating jokes in his cartoons.

I'm not hating on Jones in general. Just his obsession with Roadrunner shit.
Duck Amok was fantastic.

They were hit or miss for me but when they hit they really hit. I suspect too many out-dated cultural references to movie stars who I probably know better now than I did then.

You're a nigger, fuck off.

He's loves Bob Clampett, but hates everything else.

Listen boy, get that ball out of your mouth boy, listen. I said a difference of character boy. I'm not the only tune out here boy. You got to listen. Hard to do when you keep shoving balls down your throat boy.

>turns to the camera

I've got a real wise guy here, grade A know it all. Like I haven't done my fair share of visual humor and slapstick.

Attached: tumblr_mpwwnlVHak1rcm85no1_400.gif (400x300, 542K)

Attached: Chuck Jones.jpg (960x5040, 3.85M)

Attached: downloadfile-2.gif (480x360, 1.74M)

I liked most of them, but if I saw this intro I just changed the channel.

Attached: 1962_Looney_Tunes_intro.jpg (443x335, 62K)

Worst taste known to man and there's very little else to say on the matter.

Wasn't that the Mexican Looney tunes?

>you should at least be enthralled on a technical level.
But there's enough animation out there that if someone wanted to watch something because it was both technically impressive AND they liked they story, they could find plenty of that. Watching something just because it's impressive but you don't laugh doesn't make sense unless you're an aspiring animator.

That was used in America, I don't know if they used it more in Mexico.

Germany had a really weird custom outro

No, it was the intro in the 60s when the quality went down dramatically and they introduce characters like Cool Cat.

I like them, but basically all of the characters get stuck in predator/prey stories, and the one-offs with one-time characters are usually pretty dull.

Threadly reminder that John K got the release of the new Looney Tunes shorts delayed indefinitely by sending death threats to key people involved in production.

>better technical animation than Golden Age Looney Tunes
Fucking kek. It's not just the animation itself that's technically amazing, it's every aspect. The music, the sound effects, how the visuals are used to tell the story or the gag, the timing of everything. Nothing else in animation even comes close to golden age looney tunes.

I live/hate what he did to daffy.
I liked the loony daffy more than the for glory daffy. Admittedly, the for glory daffy can be used in a lot more ways than his loony counterpart, but those stand alone loony episodes are funny as hell.

He changed daffy to the for glory daffy because he was too similar to Bugs, but bugs only goes apeshit loony when he's being bullied/hunted. Which worked to differentiate him from daffys loony escapades.

Tom did "win" in some episodes, thought the best were always where him and Jerry teamed up

Warner Brothers is actually notorious known for being more rough around the edges compared to Disney at the time.

The types of animation are completely different though. Disney's Golden Age stuff is also absolutely amazing, don't get me wrong. But it's also very light and fluffy, more atmospheric. Which is great, but I personally find it a bit boring and samey after a while.

>Fuck Woody Woodpecker while we're at it too.

Mickey didn't do nothin' to Oswald.

Woody killed Oswald.

Attached: funnies-cover.jpg (1070x1484, 393K)

Which is likely why John L hates the new shorts so much that he sent death threats to WB people and production was put on hold as a result

*John K

I will say that I adore Gay Purree.

Attached: 419961fec6bf7ee15174d62790ac1c81.png (420x420, 103K)

This is now a John K vs WB thread. Any bets on how the inevitable court case is gonna play out?

Lmao what.

You didn't know about that whole fiasco? Well welcome to the newly christened John K Autism General

Isn't that just rich. A greentext faggot trying to post something ironic about subject matter he's clearly never watched. So sad.

Probably John K anonposting

Bugs looks kinda cute