/shelf/ + recent purchases

Big news, this
>GREEN ARROW BY MIKE GRELL OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
written by MIKE GRELL
art by MIKE GRELL, ED HANNIGAN, DAN JURGENS, DENYS COWAN, and others
new wraparound cover by MIKE GRELL
In the late 1980s, writer/artist Mike Grell took Green Arrow in a bold new direction, starting when Oliver Queen gives up his trick arrows and settles down in Seattle with Dinah Lance. But Ollie’s world collides with one of unspeakable violence involving the beautiful and mysterious archer known as Shado. In these tales, Green Arrow hunts down a child killer, races to find a lost biological weapon before Chinese spies can find it, and much more! This omnibus collects Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters #1-3, Green Arrow #1-50, and a story from Secret Origins #38, plus an all-new introduction and cover by Mike Grell and an afterword by series editor Mike Gold.
ON SALE 06.24.20
$150.00 US | 1,536 PAGES

To those who missed the boat on the trades, good for you! To those who scooped them all up due to FOOP, get fucked!

Attached: sophisticated shelf.png (674x395, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/Daredevil-Elektra-Love-War-Gallery/dp/1302923323/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=elektra daredevil&qid=1568423380&s=gateway&sr=8-1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thor_(Marvel_Comics)_titles#Collected_editions
imagecomics.com/comics/series/nowhere-men
youtube.com/watch?v=ol4_T-gnqY4
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597?group_id=154241
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just ordered the Paul Gulacy run on Master of Kung Fu. Love this guy's artwork. Can anyone attest to the quality of the rest of the run?

Attached: file.png (1012x1556, 2.24M)

I have all 4 omnis. It’s great.

Batwoman omnibus by JH Williams III too

Attached: shelf_card.jpg (480x310, 26K)

I bugs me how small the omnis are. They barely contain more content than the epics do

Silver Age Legion Omnibus 3 too!!!

now to hope and pray for the rest of the Legion to get collected somehow

That is tempting, I gotta say. Now I just need to keep myself from blowing money on all these other trades I have my eye on.

I just assume they're doing these things in order.
Like, I have to assume that when they finish all these damn Golden Age Batman and Superman omnis they'll do Silver Age, then Bronze Age. I have to believe they're coming. Robin just got a bronze age omni for god's sake.

I'm very happy we're getting this
I like that DC is still going with these things
Hopefully we get Captain Marvel and Plastic Man too

>/shelf/ thread
>actively supporting this putrid cancerous industry instead of letting it die as it deserves
What the fucking hell is wrong with all of you?

Attached: best description of everyone in this thread.jpg (625x468, 68K)

it's fun

Attached: brit wink.gif (320x379, 425K)

Attached: 1559522254985.jpg (579x803, 67K)

back to your side of the catalog, toonfag

Attached: exorcism of cursed shelf.jpg (614x439, 29K)

I went to the lcs today and just bought a ton of floppies to get back on track with the shit I was reading in the summer.
>I’m mentally prepared to read bendis Action Comics and event leviathan

Next trade I’m gonna get is pic related even though I got second genesis first lel

Attached: 1208D21C-D449-46D9-9C23-9288749DD3D9.jpg (2761x3983, 1.42M)

Reposting this week's buys from the last thread.

The worst offender here is the Frank Miller Elektra "omnibus". It's effectively just one of the standard Marvel oversized hardcover books which are about $50, but they've dubbed it an omni and charged the full $100.

Attached: IMG_1570.jpg (3256x1764, 1.67M)

>The worst offender here is the Frank Miller Elektra "omnibus"
Yeah that one pisses me off. I won't even think about buying it for more than 50 bucks

Yeah, the content's great obviously but by all accounts it's a total ripoff.

To rub salt in the wound they solicited this

amazon.ca/Daredevil-Elektra-Love-War-Gallery/dp/1302923323/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=elektra daredevil&qid=1568423380&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Which contains a bit of the elektra omnibus and a bit of the daredevil companion omnibus. What's the point?

Alright. This 1536 page behemoth will leave about 30 issues of Grell's regular run left to collect in a volume 2.
But what else can be added to it? If we are talking strictly Mike Grell (like how the title of the omnibus suggests), then we might be looking at:
>Green Arrow 51-80
>Green Arrow: The Wonder Year 1-4 (regular sized issues)
>Shadow: Song of the Dragon 1-4 (double sized issues)
>Green Arrow Annual #4 and Annual #6
>The Brave and the Bold (1991) 1-6 (featuring GA, The Butcher, and The Question with Mike Baron
If they wanted to add other content not written by Grell, then
>Green Arrow Annual 1-3, 5
>Detective Comics Annual 1
>The Question Annual 1

Attached: GA_omnibus_vol_2.jpg (815x1200, 397K)

>giving money to companies that have done nothing but flood comic culture with political bullshit and garbage content
>pirates are plebs though
This is why we don't have nice things.

Attached: 1365357445834.jpg (473x333, 14K)

>it’s not a lost sale if I wasn’t gonna buy it in the first place

>political shit in muh funny books
You just don’t like it because you disagree with the politics

Don't validate him, just tell him to fuck off

Oh boy

Attached: IMG_20190910_130750.jpg (5344x2167, 2.5M)

Alright boys I’m a based retard and a brainlet

What constitutes a volume of floppies?
>oh issue #x is in the 3rd volume of [series]

Depends on the book. Wikipedia is your friend. Look for sections titled "Collected editions."
Or google "list of Batman collected editions" to find something easily.

Here's an example: Thor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Thor_(Marvel_Comics)_titles#Collected_editions

I don’t mean trades or collected editions I mean literally the single issues. Like for Action comics, the first volume is 1938-2011 per Wikipedia. How is having 900ish issues considered a single volume?

Attached: 198F7786-ED3C-4E68-BB06-F00BE94644EC.png (1242x2208, 2.65M)

Attached: 5FC19A78-CBBB-42F2-90C5-8FCE6F2D7F21.png (1242x2208, 425K)

Because it's the same volume. Superman volume 1. It maintains the same numbering. Everytime a title reboots back to #1 that marks the start of a new volume. That's why it can be confusing for new readers to know what's what when it comes to, say, Amazing Spider-Man, because that title has restarted at #1 (started a new volume) multiple times just this decade.

it's a publishing thing, a volume is roughly unbroken, continuous publication of a book.

So like if Character X was published from 1960 to 1964 and it was 36 issues that's volume one and if then in like 1969 they have a new number one and that's published until the mid 70s and has 100 issues before it ends that's volume 2.

For floppies, a volume is the set of issues that go on until the series was cancelled or restarted.
It can get tricky sometimes, because sometimes a miniseries is counted as a volume, and sometimes they are not. What's usually constant is that the numbering restarts (unless the company decides to do a LEGACY numbering and renumber it to what it would have originally been had the series not restarted).
An easy example could be
>Batman vol 1 (1939-2011)
>Batman vol 2 (2011-2016)
>Batman vol 3 (2016--)
Pretty easy to follow since there has only been three "Batman" volumes.
A harder one could be Aquaman:
>Aquaman vol 1 (1962-1978)
>Aquaman v2 (1986, a miniseries)
>Aquaman v3 (1989, a miniseries)
>Aquaman v4 (1991-1992)
>Aquaman v5 (1994-2000)
>Aquaman v6 (2003-2008)
>Aquaman v7 (2011-2016)
>Aquaman v8 (2016--)

it didn't stop for ~906 issues

Yeah. As long as you know the dates of publication (which Wikipedia will have for you), you'll never be lost.

Oh I see, thanks. Have some Alex Ross artwork in return

Attached: F03D6CCC-3F4A-4273-860B-87612B9454AF.jpg (1125x2436, 1.42M)

>Have some Alex Ross artwork in return

Attached: integriy.png (640x478, 431K)

Generally it goes from #1 to when the number resets. It means 'volume' by the magazine/periodical definition of the word. In the old days in America it was common to number periodicals with volume numbers and issue numbers and occasionally the volume number would go up one and the issue number would be reset. Like if you were counting issues on an abacus

With comics they adopted that terminology to describe when Marvel and DC start over at #1 again for a few cheap shekels. So Batman #1 from 1940 is Batman Vol. 1 #1 and New 52 Batman #1 is considered Batman Vol. 2 #1.

Personally I don't care if they reset the number, I just lump it all together unless there is a big gap in between volumes. Like with New Mutants Vol. 1 (which ended in 1991) and New Mutants Vol. 2 (which started in 2003), for instance.

Attached: 399846FC-DE9C-4F44-8A68-E5F8555B73BA.jpg (1784x2048, 507K)

Pretty stoked for upcoming Alex Ross Spawn cover .

Attached: file.png (781x1200, 2.25M)

That resolution is pretty bad. Here's another

Attached: file.png (1100x1660, 3.4M)

What's special about the Kraven's Last Hunt besides it being a hardcover with a new colored cover? Did they include anything cool? It IS a hardcover right?

They added the sequel and some extras, I'm still undecided if it's worth it.

Here's a slightly bigger one but with the text.

Attached: 69797767_2672770316100367_3955554275618193408_o.jpg (1243x1910, 534K)

Hmm ok, I was thinking it would be cool if they had included some b&w pages/sketches and interviews or something. I'm a Spidey guy but I don't own KLH so I was wondering if it's worth it.

Nice. I'm gonna get the virgin cover because it's the same cost as the regular one. Everytime I say "virgin cover" In my head I laugh. Especially when it's some 500 dollar J Scott Campbell thing. You'd have to be a virgin, heh.

Ewww Year Two.

Speaking of that. Ok thread, a question. What is your favorite kinds of "extras"? Things you like to see in a tpb, omnibus or collection.

Guess they wanna gouge completions as much as possible.

It is, yeah. Marvel hardcover deluxe editions are basically omnis at half the size and half the price.

If you have either the Elektra "omnibus" or the Days of Future Past hardcover from a few years ago with the red cover, it's exactly the same as those build-wise. Did you want any photos or anything?

Worth noting too that the Kraven's Last Hunt Epic is OoP now.

Attached: IMG_1571.jpg (3264x2180, 2.01M)

The Alex Ross cover/poster for crisis is something else. I’d love to know how long he took to make it

Attached: 9BE1DE67-2B63-4FBE-AFDF-5E1C57F866D5.jpg (2048x943, 928K)

I mean photos would nice if it's not too much to ask.

That's worth being framed and hung on a wall
One day I'd like to have a really nice and big Alex Ross painting off his website

This box set is gorgeous and I'm glad I got it.

>1,536 pages
I'm glad they're doing this and all, but I really hate this shit.

Attached: received_426395511321751.jpg (1776x1080, 199K)

I'm guessing something like that is spread out over a fair amount of weeks or even a couple of months?

Not at all, I'm at home right now so gimme a few minutes and I'll take some.

So minus the dust cover.

Attached: KLH.jpg (4676x3112, 3.91M)

I wanna get pic related blown up and framed.

Attached: 3980DF12-F565-4F84-B2BC-FF8E0695DBA2.jpg (1245x700, 160K)

Yeah I mean at some point you kinda want it in 2 or 3 books instead. I suppose it's nice have to have everything in one place though.

I'm in the minority that hates scripts and don't really care for penciller pages, I love rough layouts (specially when it's by the writer), old advertising materials, character design sketches and annotations.

If it didn't have Jessica Cruz there I'd be on board but of course Johns had to stick in his donut steel

I love scripts, variant covers and sketches are fine too but if I have to choose a favorite it would be essays, forewords and afterwords.

And as far as extras, you get some bios (which I'm assuming are from an older collected edition), Zeck's pencils for a few pages and various alternate covers.

Attached: IMG_1574.jpg (3264x2448, 2.38M)

Attached: IMG_1575.jpg (2448x2448, 2M)

Hal is a donut steel too.

Attached: IMG_1576.jpg (2448x2448, 1.76M)

If Jessica is still a prominent character in 60 years, we'll talk.

And as you can see, size-wise it's basically just a thinner omni.

Attached: IMG_1577.jpg (3264x1552, 1.16M)

Is it sewn? I notice Marvel usually does glued binding some of their not-quite-omnis (such as AvX hardcover)

Thanks a bunch for the pics user. Appreciate it. I've found it for around 28 dollars and I'm thinking about getting it.

It's sewn, yeah.

Happy to help. For just under thirty bucks, you should absolutely go for it.

You've convinced me, I ordered it. Now we play the waiting game while starving to death from being a poor man. But how do I make space for it in my Spidey shelf? Pic related from last thread.

Attached: shelf_thread jpeg.jpg (3285x4178, 3.59M)

contributing with my spidey shelf too

Attached: asd.jpg (4144x660, 842K)

Reposting new stuff.
1/2

Attached: new.jpg (1936x1936, 988K)

Letter pages and all the variant covers, other art including promo art and stuff. And essays that tell the story behind the work and aren't just some guy ranting about how great the comic I'm about to read is.

2/2

Attached: new 2.jpg (1936x1936, 992K)

I was actually in a Hellboy mood and I was going to get the latest Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. volume and the Koshchei one. But as Spider-Man fan I really SHOULD own KLH. I guess Hellboy can wait.

have you read it? it looks great.

God bless, Spider-fags.

I don't care what anyone says, I love the mentally ill sadist version of Elektra in MWF.

may as well post the whole thing. pic is really out of date, and only my superhero stuff

Attached: main shelf.jpg (3024x4032, 2.5M)

No yet.

Attached: ballad.jpg (1148x1600, 708K)

Attached: AC23AF22-52C9-45EA-9BC0-F08B7A989920.jpg (1808x1738, 949K)

needs more conan desu famalamadingdong

Attached: 96B4B6D1-DB8C-4805-BD0E-2A1C5377217D.jpg (2048x1536, 806K)

It's also a rip off because the Elektra Lives Again graphic novel is in a wider Euro style format so the reproduced art in the omni is squished

You can never have enough Conan.
Recents

Attached: 4D97E3EB-E37F-4D0F-8D93-60CC23F040E5.jpg (3264x2448, 2.02M)

So no Shado: Shadow of the Dragon? At least give us a trade, DC.

If there was no industry, what would I put on my shelf?

I only see 3 Hellboy Library Editions!

Granted I only have one but I have most of the other stuff in tpb form.

The Library Editions don't even collect anything so they're worthless
WORTHLESS

I really do need to round out the set.

>what would I put on my shelf?

Attached: 1552774595324.jpg (1280x720, 294K)

Wait, what do you even mean? They collect the Hellboy stories? Now if I HAD to make a complaint it's that they can be almost too big to read comfortably but I do love their big size sooo idk.

They don't contain all the Hellboy in Mexico stories or Into the Silent Sea is what he means

I'd remove or censor that if I was you.

Damn, that He-Man be thick

Also no Midnight Circus.

Maybe if they do Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. Library Editions they will throw them in to get a more complete set. Probably not though. I wish we got more small hardcover sets of Hellboy stuff.

It comes pre-censored you dummie.

I see nipples, you're out.

But I see nipples.

Has anyone bought one of the DC Absolute editions? Those look massive in terms of page size.

Attached: sandmanabsolute.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

It could be in the second one

JUST GIVE ME A TPB I ALREADY OWN ALL THIS OTHER STUFF GOD

I have Kingdom Come, New Frontier, Death, Final Crisis, B&R and Batman Inc. The first three I got for cheap-ish second hand.
I wouldn't say any are worth the cover price, the art really pops blown up like that, but in Death and some of the house style in Final Crisis it's almost casting an unfavorable light.
There's some new pages fleshing out the ending in Final Crisis, and really fun bonus material in the Morrison Bat stuff, there's some redrawn pages on flashback sequences taking the N52 costume out and putting in the ol' blue tights (not sure if it's in the trades and new Omnis).
The Promethea Absolutes are some of my dream cops.

I bet I could get away with posting dick pics on Yea Forums as long as there's a bookcase full of shitty comic books in the background

Fucking bullshit

Only gay people notice dicks anyway when there's books to look at.

>tfw own 17/22 of the SSoC tpb Dark Horse printed
>tfw they used to be $20 new and are now going for $80
It's weird seeing stuff you own go up in value. Luckily volumes 18-22 are still cheap. Because they have the worst stories in them.

Fuck off.

Also, the Cheap Graphic Novels Marvel omnibus sale ends this Sunday, grab the stuff you've been wanting for a while over there.

I kinda fancy reading some Marvel horror.

Werewolf by Night or Tomb of Dracula? Which one and why? I also see Marvel has a Marvel Horror Omnibus coming out.

Tomb of Dracula is the superior Bronze Age series. Those Stan Lee/Steve Ditko horror omnis look pretty cool but I haven't read them myself.

Just as a PSA, remember that consecutive /shelf/ threads attract stupid shit posters like >110005103, I would totally like a /shelf/ thread everyday but sadly is not possible.

Tomb of Dracula is one of the reasons why Shooter (or rather, Shooter's boss at the time) axed Wolfman.
It might be Wolfman's best work, with excellent art by Colan. Shooter was unimpressed that Wolfman was clearly slacking on his other books by focusing his creative energies on ToD (as in, he was working on autopilot for other books). And more importantly, Shooter didn't like that Wolfman was able to edit it himself.

>As cancellation loomed, Wolfman made to wrap up the storyline and lingering threads by issue #72. But Jim Shooter, then the editor-in-chief, retroactively cut two issues after the artwork had been completed for three. As Wolfman recalled,
>I think I realized we were doing a finite story and to continue that storyline would have pushed it into repetition. ... I wrote the final three issues and they were drawn. Jim was someone that when he liked you there was nothing he wouldn't do for you, and when he didn't, there was nothing he would do. He and I had butted heads often since I had been editor-in-chief before him ... and I was also the editor of TOD, which rankled him as I didn't have to listen to his ideas. Anyway, I said the stories were done and I needed the room. He gave me a double-sized last issue, I really needed a triple-sized book. I was stuck and had to find a way to cut 14 pages from the printed book

Tomb of Dracula is some solid entertainment, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out how good it was. I haven't read all the stuff in the Marvel Horror omni, so your best bet is to try and read some of the material online before you buy.

The Masters of Suspense stories are really cool. A lot of the stories have those classic 1950s sci-fi aesthetics that Ditko manages to make cool instead of silly.

I'm gonna go with Tomb of Dracula and why? There's a bunch of it so something is bound to be good. Also Dracula is a pimp aaaaand british Blade?

Tomb of Dracula seems to be the way to go. Thanks.

Are there no more deluxe sized King Batman volumes going to be released? I see nothing in the upcoming solicitations.

I love it that so many people in /shelf/ are fans of Grell Green Arrow

How could anyone not be?

Three hours? Way to hang in there.

Saturday morning bump. Finish up that cereal, guys.

Marvel's on sale at IST. Any nuts deals or cool recent stuff I shouldn't be passing on?

Bump

Werewolf by Night is well worth your time as well.

How do we feel about MHA?

Comics have always been primarily leftist but back then the lefites weren't absolutely fucking mental as they are now. So getting old comics is cool.

We feel like it's another generic shonen, and also not Yea Forums

I love it, even if I understand the frustration some peolpe have with it, since it has become very slow burn and set-upy after the Kamino arc. But the guy knows what the fuck he is doing and I trust him completely.

I read the first couple volumes. Felt like I'd seen it a million times in shonen, just without superheroes. I can no longer read a shonen that starts with everyone in training and taking exams and shit. Get a new trope, mangaka.

I like it because of everyone except the main character. He's getting less boring with time but everyone around him is much more interesting. Batman Syndrome

It's popular so I hate it it actually has some nice stuff but the pace is weird you can go a long time without nothing happening and then "oh shit" moments one after another, as far as modern Shonens go it's ok

Of all the bullshit in the catalog you’re worried that someone’s discussing manga in /shelf/ ? Get a grip

>Buy some epics last week
>"Of course, now that I did this IST is definitely going to have a Marvel sale this weekend"
>They do it
Why does this always happen

Same thing happened to me, they never let people know in advance. And I also keep forgetting that every order gives you an extra discount you can use later, which I never take advantage of.

department's a mess. they've started switching some to start as hardcovers, but only contain six issues.
which is what didio was doing at the start of the new52 time period, which should give you an idea of who is running the company now.

And they’re using this garbage pulp paper stock now but aren’t cutting any prices

Is it dumb to buy floppies for mini series (3-6 issues), rather than trade-waiting?

The only good stuff coming out from comic books now are mini and maxi series.

Not at all, I'd say it's better in many respects depending on what you're into. A show of support through singles is more noticeable when it's a miniseries.

Do whatever makes you happy

bump

What current titles are you lads following?

red sonja
vampirella

Right now the only thing I buy consistently is Doom Patrol and Gwenpool, ocassionally I'll pick up something if it looks interesting.

House and Powers of X
Gideon Falls
ASM
Immortal Hulk which is getting really stale for me
Terrifics and JLD only for Zatanna

Conan the Barbarian, Savage Sword, and Savage Avengers
everything else is pretty secondary in terms of enjoyment

based and conanpilled

ASM, 'Tec, Hulk, GL, FF, Aquaman, all the JL titles, H/PoX, that goofy Punisher mini, DD, Gideon Falls, Ascender.

I'm not a huge fan of the current writer, but Conan is still better than most of what is getting published. My big hope is that they'll start doing new things with him.

Attached: C34qJpj.jpg (1862x2853, 566K)

Conan's sword looks really off there, almost like a whip.

I think that's caused mostly by the angle we're looking at it which is making the sword appear thinner than it would than if we were to look at it from the side.

Attached: ssoc114.jpg (800x1053, 214K)

Posted in the last one but whatever. Catching up with Dredd. Might buy the Anderson ones too, not sure as I got pretty much all Anderson minus the new stuff (,not in the complete Anderson files) in the megacollection.

Should probably move the boxing gloves on top of the shelf but probably won't.

As some one pointed out the last thread the spines are fucking horrible between 10-20.
Don't know if they fixed that for reprints. I think they did.

Attached: IMG_20190912_131239.jpg (2592x1944, 1.35M)

Those spine differences would drive me insane

>

i'm annoyed they get so thin!

It is suffering lad.

They went to colour so it cost more/had to use better paper.

Just checked 31+ goes back to lower coloured. They must change it every 10 volumes.

Can't wait for that. Glad I put off buying the Elektra omni.

Attached: 20190829_172054.jpg (1200x1944, 1.74M)

>cerebus singles
very cool

Attached: man of culture.jpg (600x336, 51K)

Bump, I won't let the thread die so soon.

Got the Borgias and a couple of mangas. Sweet bookstore wagie discount

good to know there's a reason

>Immortal Hulk which is getting really stale for me
Next issue is the end of this arc, and then comes #25. Hang in there.

1/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125525.jpg (2007x3968, 3.22M)

2/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125605.jpg (2195x3968, 3.51M)

3/3

Attached: IMG_20190726_125628.jpg (1090x3968, 1.7M)

Recent purchases

Attached: IMG_20190910_193546.jpg (3968x2299, 3.68M)

Recent art print. James Stokoe Galactus.

Attached: IMG_20190910_194118.jpg (1743x3968, 3.43M)

Attached: IMG_20190910_194057.jpg (3968x2976, 3.24M)

That's a nice collection you've got there user.

Much appreciated friend

Also, good taste in streamer/podcasters.

It’s the perspective warping the hilt. Look at it closely

Mind MGMT is so fucking good

I'm gonna start it soon. You better be right, motherfucker.

IMO it's a candidate for Comic of the Decade

hail yourself

I like it a good deal. Not my favorite thing ever but I got my first omni signed and sketched at SDCC. Matt Kindt set the guy in front of me's book on fire at his request and it went up much bigger than expected.

Is Claremont's original Ms. Marvel stuff worth getting into? There's a pair of Epics for it that are oddly cheap.

>Matt Kindt set the guy in front of me's book on fire at his request and it went up much bigger than expected.

Attached: wtf is this.jpg (750x747, 320K)

Megustalations.

Yeah, go get them, they're good. If you dig that Carol, then wait until October 15th when the Starjammers run by Cockrum gets released in a single volume, which is her Binary era. It doesn't have all of her appearances as such (she also showed up in Quasar for example), but it's a damn fine read.

Attached: Starjammers.jpg (918x1400, 300K)

What? Context??

It hasn't come in the mail yet but I recently purchased Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1, the first printed appearance of Firestar. I also picked up Phantom Stranger #8, first appearance of Nightmare Nurse.

I know it sounds weird, but it's part of my obscure waifu collection

Attached: Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends 1.jpg (500x772, 104K)

Nightmare Nurse is a great waifu user

Yeah I'm looking to grab Magpie, Killer Frost, and Orca's first appearances as well (eventually). Vixen's too.

I'm reading it now and this seems to be a vast exaggeration. The writing isn't the greatest, but the art is doing it no favors.

Different strokes

I got bored with it and never finished.

No. I don't imagine anyone thinking the art is great. Great comics tend to have great art. You can say it's your favorite all you want, but to make the claim that it's the comic of the decade is outright wrong. The writing so far is bothering me as well. I'll read a bit more before I give up completely.

I think the art is great. I like all kinds of styles of art, and I think its art, especially with the water-coloring suits the story being told. And in regards to the writing, Mind MGMT has an attention to detail that you rarely see from comics. The very margins of the pages give you information.
>You can say it's your favorite all you want, but to make the claim that it's the comic of the decade is outright wrong
What am I the arbiter of comics? It's obviously my opinion, dickhead. And this isn't some slept on underground comics, I'm not the only person to ever acclaim it.

You don't like it, that's fine. No one likes everything.

I was in line to get my book signed and the guy in front of me asked Kindt if he'd burn one of his pages of mind mgmt for him (no clue why). Kindt said sure and burnt it with a lighter but it wasnt just some charring it went way up. Kindt closed the book and patted the fire out before any convention officials saw but it was almost a big problem in the excessively crowded SDCC

Im glad I waited for the omnis to read this. I cant imagine reading it monthly.

In the first volume, the art is outright bad. Not professional quality in the slightest. I looked ahead and it drastically improves.

This is the stuff of legends

Bump before bed

You have sacrificed that the rest of /shelf/ may prosper.

I did this but only 24 hours before the sale. I was born under unlucky stars.

Bumping

Comics are so worthless to buy, you can just read them online.

Attached: thanks-for your contribution.jpg (530x636, 70K)

Finally moving things over to my new place, got all this sorted so far.
Merging all my graphic novels with my GFs collection and shes arranging everything in alphabetical order and then by size.
Apparently I'm not allowed to have the 6 foot mannequin weaing my dredd 2016 armour in the bedroom for some reason

Attached: dredd.jpg (1395x780, 587K)

Put it in the bathroom as a toothbrush holder.

Here's my shelf. I want to add some things that aren't on here that I've owned for years, but not sure where to put them. They are Hyrule Historia, Blade Runner 2049 artbook, Mega Man Official Complete Works, and Valve Comics Hard Cover trade,

Attached: Shelf June 2019.jpg (5296x2192, 3.46M)

>arranging everything in alphabetic order and then by size
All I do is make sure the numerical order is right and call it good. I don't even bother to keep the genres separated most of the time.

Would you recommend Megahex?

Attached: 15685652206052333482887673912213.jpg (4608x2304, 3.5M)

Attached: 15685652652773467087572822403862.jpg (4608x2304, 3.78M)

>Hawkeye and Superior Foes omnibus
>not much bigger than the Epic Collections
Why not just call them complete collections? Omnibuses always feel like they should be huge to me.

Attached: 15685653944401897418724958388548.jpg (4608x2304, 3.3M)

Attached: 15685654377396551664326420660740.jpg (4608x2304, 3.45M)

>Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Still waiting for the end of this series.

Not that user, I lost hope a year ago, for that and for the second trade of Afterlife.
funny story: Mex editorial just released the first trade of Chilling and it is a beatufil edition, but many people were wondering "When's the second one coming out?" Mex editorial: "For once is not up to us, for all we know never"

Whoa

They just released a fat floppy this year containing the remaining issues (6-8). Which basically means the second volume is never coming out.

That's complete bullshit. Imagine being unable to make three more issues and be done with it forever.

that lee and ditko omni is also pretty small.
But I guess that's because that's all their content?
I think I remember seeing a complete collection for it too.

Oh shit, yeah, I know what Im spending 8 bucks on this week.

Attached: file.png (672x289, 73K)

Imagine not being able to make one more issue and be done with it forever
imagecomics.com/comics/series/nowhere-men
The author's one of the Image exec's too

I'd like to know if there's omnibuses collecting volume 3, which I haven't seen beyond a few epic collections here and there. That's the one I'd like to read the most.
>These covers
Wait... Is this the same artist who made the Karnak covers for Marvel? Also this reminds me, Hickman and Weaver took YEARS to deliver the last two issues of SHIELD so these absurd delays shouldn't surprise me.

>Nowhere Men #1
>Nov 28, 2012

>Nowhere Men #11
>Sep 7, 2016
lol
You're thinking of Aja, who does have a heavily delayed title right now (The Seeds).
The artist for Nowhere Men's first six issues was Nate Bellegarde, He seems to have had some sort of mental breakdown/health problems, so Stephenson (the writer) waited for him for a while. That didn't work out, so he got different artists to continue, but never put out a final #12.

>I'd like to know if there's omnibuses collecting volume 3, which I haven't seen beyond a few epic collections here and there. That's the one I'd like to read the most.
Do you mean Sorcerer Supreme, the series that ran from 1988-1996? There's been two omnis for that, and they are both currently in print (the first is almost 3 years old, so maybe get on that). His wikipedia page is rough, it doesn't even list the number of issues per volume.

>Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 1
>Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme 1-40 and Ghost Rider vol. 3 #12

>Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 2
>Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #41-59, Annuals #2-3, Spider-Man/Dr. Strange: The Way to Dusty Death, Silver Surfer vol. 3 #67, Morbius: The Living Vampire #9, Secret Defenders #1-11, and material from Incredible Hulk Annual #18, Namor the Sub-Mariner Annual #2, and Silver Surfer Annual #5

>The Seeds
Oh yeah, I remember the hype when it came out, I read the first issue which was pretty interesting, then it took a long time for #2 to come out, then nothing.

no ded

Huh

I have some. I prefer them desu. They aren't as thick as DC's stupid tome omnibuses, the binding is superior and you get great oversized art. If I have the opportunity to get an absolute edition I usually do, unless the art isn't worth it.

I have the death one, its nice as hell

What floppies did you get?

Post floppies

What do you guys think of my reading list? I'm fairly new to comics and got these recommendations.

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-114030_Evernote.jpg (1080x1990, 454K)

>Mr. Miracle, HiC
I wouldn't bother, but if you want to, go ahead user. It depends on what comics you're interested in reading, I'd say the 70-issue run of Jonah Hex is a much better read than King's Mr. Miracle, but it all depends on what you want to read. If reading Kingdom Come, be sure to read Justice as well.

>I'd say the 70-issue run of Jonah Hex is a much better read than King's Mr. Miracle
that's also almost impossible to physically collect because
>the print run of singles was very, very low
>the trades had equally small print runs, and were only done because didio is was publisher and liked the book

singles can't be too expensive to find at like shows and shit though, probably with a couple of exceptions depending on like artist and what not. The Darwyn Cooke issues are probably a little more

My first suggestion would be to read the harder to find material online. That'll also let someone branch out into other series they may enjoy.

Cool. I did like King's Vision and he'd been receiving a lot of awards lately so I wanted to check out more of his work.

Vision and Omega Men are his best stuff. I wouldn't bother with anything after that. He got too high on his own farts after Vision.

I’ll say what I tell every new reader: read everything. It’s the only way to know what’s what, and where to go next

Attached: Recent Purchases 091519.jpg (3749x1969, 1.5M)

I'm holding out for the inevitable Hellboy and the BPRD hardcovers they always do for their titles

If anyone can give me some reorganization tips, I am very open to it.

You got that ASM Volume 4. Are you collecting the issues before it with the epics? Or do you think you might get something like omnibus volume 3 if it gets a reprint?

That's a long wait.

Too many. And im. selling most of them anyways.

Sheriff of Babylon is good too. But Mister Miracle and HiC are rough

But do you really want to wait THAT long? You can always do the famous double dip.

Anyone ever read this? I just found out about it whilst digging and everything about it looks and sounds fascinating. Might add it to my longbox dig-list

Attached: chronos.jpg (830x1262, 342K)

It was one of those little neat books launched by DC around 1998, like Chase and Resurrection Man.
It had poor sales, but wasn't actually cancelled by DC. John Francis Moore realized he couldn't handle an ongoing book.
Fun character, but murdered in Johns JSA when most time travelers bit it (but the ending of the arc implies that they might have survived)

I fucking loved the original RezMan run, I'm intrigued now. Also heard Chase recommended every once in a while here.
That's a shame Moore couldn't last on it, but at least they ended it there instead of handing it off to someone else. Thanks for the info!

Sorry was at work

>action comics 1013 and 1014
>event leviathan 1-4
>fantastic four 13 and 14
>last knight on earth 2
>doomsday clock 11
>X-men grand design: x-tinction 1 even though I have the trade

Definitely read Chase, especially if you are familiar with the 1998 Martian Manhunter series, and the later Andreyko Manhunter series (Kate).
They all continue the same character's story.
There was a trade made, but it is long OOP. They only put it out because J H William III was doing Batwoman, and then that relationship blew up.

Yes and not.

Claremont put her in her iconic bikiki and the story quality is much better than what came before. But the book got canceled several issues after Claremont and ended up a major cliffhanger (Mystique murdering Carol's boyfriend) and two issues unpublished that included (among other things) the original planned first appearance of Rogue, Destiny, Avalanche, and Pyro plus a Sabretooth/Carol fight which would have the very first bit of foreshadowing of a link between Sabretooth and Wolverine.

Claremont's had super ambitious plans for the book, with a lengthy arc planned where, following Dark Phoenix Saga, the Hellfire Club would try and recruit/corrupt Carol to be he new Black Queen. The origins of the Rogue/Mystique feud with Carol would tie into this, as Sebastian Shaw and Carol BOTH would beat Rogue to the brink of death, to set up Rogue permanently stealing Carol's power and putting her into a permanent coma as a result as payback.

Ironically, even though the book was canceled, Claremont basically spent the bulk of the 80s pretending his original storyline that never saw the light of day actually happened and made multiple references to it in Uncanny X-Men (to the point that From the Ashes hinges on said unseen backstory with Mastermind, who would be expelled from the Hellfire Club during the planned Ms Marvel arc, explicitly targeting Mystique and using his powers to cause Rogue to snap mentally and go insane and seek help from Xavier simply to spite Mystique for getting him kicked out of the Hellfire Club).

Claremont did all this, because he was under the impression that Jim Shooter would give him 5-6 issues of Marvel Fanfare to not only publish the two lost issues of Ms Marvel, but also let him finish his storyline as intended and cap it off with a story where Carol finds out about Captain Marvel's death (as Starlin infamously declined to use Carol in said story).

What’re some X-men comics that focus more on the social plight of the x-men and the fact that magneto was right?

Thinking of picking up god loves, man kills and the one where magneto is in the nazi death camp

I'm only familiar with the brief Goodwin/Simonson Manhunter, but the Andreyko series has always been in my periphery so will keep that in mind! Was the trade complete?

The plan never came to be however, due to the fact that that Claremont insisted on confirming Destiny and Mystique were lovers and (allegedly, due to the fact that Claremont could never keep his stories straight relating to what his original plans for Mystique were when talking about it after the fact) that Rogue was Destiny's daughter by way of Mystique having functional male and female genitalia.

So the only story Claremont wrote was the "Carol finds out about Mar-Vel's death" story and the lost issues didn't see the light of day until the early 90s, when they were published in an inventory dumping ground anthology "Marvel Super Heroes" with the freaking writer/artists pair who worked on Transformers (Simon Furman and Andrew Wildman) being drafted to write an additional 10 pages to tack onto the last "lost issue" to resolve the lost issue's cliffhanger, speedily resolve the Hellfire Club storyline by having Shaw murder the guy who Carol was dating meaning Carol never infiltrated/got recruited by the Club, and then (after Carol ran off with her rapist) make Rogue's attack on Carol in Avengers Annual #10 be the only time they met (in spite of several issues saying that they fought prior to that issue) and that the entire thing was a self-fulfilling prophecy thing where Rogue's madness was due to the fact that she overheard Destiny and Mystique talk about Carol being destined to "destroy" Rogue and Rogue confronting Carol because of that, causing the very event that Destiny and Mystique sought to avoid.

Sadly that trade is heavily flawed as it skips three important issues of Uncanny (#159-160 and Annual #6), of which #160 resolves a major plot point for the first half of the Brood Wars and sets up the Brood kidnapping the X-Men and Carol and taking them to the Brood homeworld.

>Claremont did all this, because he was under the impression that Jim Shooter would give him 5-6 issues of Marvel Fanfare to not only publish the two lost issues of Ms Marvel, but also let him finish his storyline as intended and cap it off with a story where Carol finds out about Captain Marvel's death (as Starlin infamously declined to use Carol in said story).

man fuck x-men forever they should just let claremont make and publish all his shit like that.

still mad about that cancelled Rachel Summers mini that linked her from Uncanny X-Men to Excalibur and how she escaped Mojo

The Chase trade was complete from what I can remember. It even included her little intro from a Detective Comics issue.
I believe that the Andreyko Manhunter trades were finished, but I only personally own the first three. That was one of those books that Didio liked, and he tried to make the trades happen (the series itself was cancelled ~2 times before its actual cancellation).
Now, while the actual series did get collected (and is very OOP), there was a backup series in Dini's "Batman - Streets of Gotham" series. Those backups were solicited as a trade, but ultimately cancelled because the main trades didn't do well.

There have been a lot of people who have complained that rather than continuing their bullshit "only women are allowed to write Carol", they should give the book to Carol since Claremont has a huge fanbase who will buy his shit PLUS the fact that he actual cares about the character and her lore/backstory and would play up her X-Men ties. But the don't care/won't do it because ideology is more important than sales and making money/actually making Carol a character people care about.

Also, X-Men Forever was supposed to be that but Claremont doublecrossed editorial and just wrote new shit and made a huge fucking mess of continuity he was supposed to be continuing by pretending Liefeld's New Mutants never happened and the entire mess with Storm and no one was there to remind Claremont of what he had planned and just let him do wacky alternate universe shit where characters died by the score or got mutilated. The only "originally plan" shit that we got was Sabretooth as Wolverine's dad and Sinister being a hundred year old mutant in a ten year old's body.

Also, IIRC the planned Phoenix mini-series was a hot mess; it was supposed to reveal that Rachel was a virgin birth and that the Phoenix Force basically impregnated Jean in the Days of Future Past timeline. This was dropped in Excalibur but implied in Days of Future Present, when Ahab turned Scott and Invisible Woman into hounds to hunt Rachel and future Franklin Richards because of their blood relations, only to find that Scott was useless in tracking Rachel.

Some upcoming DC release changes. Some of these drop a few weeks, meaning that they actually are likely to be released (copypasting from another forum and some other guy's work)

>INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC slips from 11/13/2019 to 12/4/2019

>MAN AND SUPERMAN DELUXE EDITION HC slips from 11/20/2019 to 12/4/2019

>SUPERMAN: CITY OF TOMORROW VOL. 1 TP slips from 11/27/2019 to 12/11/2019

>ANIMAL MAN BY JEFF LEMIRE OMNIBUS HC slips from 12/4/2019 to 12/18/2019

>SWAMP THING: THE BRONZE AGE VOL. 2 TP slips from 12/11/2019 to 1/8/2020

>SWAMP THING BY NANCY A. COLLINS OMNIBUS HC slips from 1/8/2020 to 1/22/2020

The smaller slips could be from Penguin Random House not having printing press space for the originally solicited release dates.

>Man and Superman doesn't collect Mann and Superman
dumb

it's something that is better off just cancelled. I don't think anyone was clamoring for an inventory-Superman story from Wolfman

What wait? I’ll never run out of things too read, I’ll never run out of things to do. That time will pass regardless.
It’ll come out when It comes out, and that’s when I’ll read it

I waited for all of Hell on Earth to come out in HC before i read any of it. It’s easy to be patient. There’s always something to read.

Im waiting for Lobster Johnson to get the hardcover treatment more than anything

Bump, here is my current shelf, gave away wormwood as a birthday gift.

Attached: IMG_20190825_111335_758.jpg (2160x2700, 1.44M)

And todays purchases. Had no plans today and decided to visit a comic shop a few towns away.

Attached: IMG_20190915_171919_975.jpg (2880x2160, 1.91M)

What's Berserker Unbound about, user? Besides a berserker, obviously.

You're not going for the two bigger Harrow County omnis?

deodato and lemire do conan

I havent read it yet but I think it's about a warrior that gets transported to the current age. I usually like sword stuff so I thought I would give it a chance

I might get them later, I only needed these 3 to complete the series, and one of the books was half of so I just went for it. My plan is to finish the story, see if I want to get the hardcovers and if I decide to get them I will give the trades away to a friend.

That's fair and double dipping supports good stuff so yeah. They've got a new story out now too right? Like 2 or 3 issues out I think.

Half of it it's garbage. But read everything at your own peril. That's the joy of comics.

Exactly. I'm not reading Morrison's Green Lantern until it gets an omnibus or OSH. If that takes 5 years, so be it. All of us have backburners the size of football fields. I won't be bored.

Glad you support Copra but Im sad for you that all of yours are OG except vol 2

God fucking dammit

Why is comics such a based art form? I’ve read comics that make me cry and comics that make me laugh, like, what the fuck, why are comics so fucking based. For fucks sake, this panel makes me bawl like a baby, and I have no idea why

T. Drunk

Attached: 4EDE5AA1-CD61-499F-884C-0C723E00B99D.jpg (154x203, 23K)

Let’s try one more again

Attached: 698DBCFB-1728-4DA1-9883-3D581192CFD1.jpg (303x416, 39K)

Attached: small.png (70x55, 12K)

Art is the best. I couldn't imagine a life without it. I'd be happy in a shack in the woods as long as I had my records and my books

What comics have made you feel in a profound way?

Attached: images.jpg (224x225, 13K)

Not him, but the 3 that come to mind are
>X-men: Grand Design
> mister miracle
>all star Superman

Honorary mention
>Stan lee and jack Kirby’s run on the fantastic four

Yikes!

Keep mirin bitch nigga

they cancelled the flash (rebirth) deluxe 4 but looking on amazon i see volume 10 and 11 of the trades are hardcover, do they just expect us to have 3 paperback trades inbetween the 5 hardcover releases?

yes.
yell at didio

it was bad enough for my autism that they changed the spines half way through the new52 hardcover releases and now they bring this on me

You embarrass me, dude.

oh fuck a new /shelf/ thread already?
*drops pants*
dollar and less bins
I haven't sorted it all yet but Grell Warlord 22-63, about 60 Silver Surfer issues, a bunch of them are by Ron Marz, not sure what the later ones are yet. entire run of Gaiman 1602, Nightwing 19-23, 34-39, 45-46, 59-75. Hellblazer 134-143, 146-153, 166-176

fucking hell...I got reading to do

Attached: 20190915_135233.jpg (5312x2988, 2.49M)

Silver Surfer stack

Attached: 20190915_145239.jpg (5312x2988, 3.51M)

WARLORD! great that this thread started with Grell, I am hyped to read this but god damn I worriy about reading it cause it feels for fragile

Attached: 20190915_154043.jpg (5312x2988, 3.74M)

art prints

Attached: 20190915_094558.jpg (4174x2857, 1.77M)

all signed except for the right column. The artist for Martian Manhunter is fucking amazing! I just chatted with him a while and went to buy issue 6 (the martian sex stuff) and he signed it and just gave it to me for free. He was so cool.

Not in picture, signed trade 1 and 2 of X-Men forever by Tom Grummett (his wife showed me pics of them with Claremont and they looked fun). And the first 5 trades of Beauty signed by the writer, he was a cool guy. Also got Texeria to sign my Thor comic.

Attached: 20190915_095001.jpg (3654x2973, 1.79M)

reminder that
>First Issue Special #8
is actually the first issue of Warlord, if you are a completionist.
I think it ends up being reprinted two times during Grell's tenure anyways

At least post the coolest ones before they’re sold

I'm going to storytime Censormonkeys have no class one day, cause fuck me...this is some shit

Attached: 20190914_163156.jpg (5312x2988, 3.47M)

Based, what’s your favorite issue(s)

Honestly I can't think of one. I love comics, it's one of my favorite hobbies, but they don't evoke a particularly strong response from me. Mostly music and film do. Like, a comic will never make me cry. A song will.

oh god...being a completionist for this kind of stuff would normally hurt too much. I'll have to be satified with reading the beginning online and then CAREFULLY reading the rest, cause these issues feel fragile.

>60 SS issues
Based as fuck can you post some pics? Love SS

So far it’s doomsday clock and the fantastic four. Haven’t touched the Bendis stuff yet.

>that ending of doomsday clock
>it is Superman
>it is me
>it is us
>it is the world
>it’s time

Geoff Johns sure can set up the next issue. DDC 10 is top tier though, but 11 was kinda like EXPOSITION also Manhattan and the man of steel are gonna have a big fucking fight!

I’m hype for ddc 12.

I'm kinda exhausted today, but ya I will try and lay out some pics for runs this week. There looks to be some cool shit in there, cross overs with Captain Marvel before his death and lots of cool cosmic stuff

I too am excited about the FF

you want to see the cosplay from that con?

Attached: 20190914_121003.jpg (5312x2988, 3.33M)

>I'm kinda exhausted today, but ya I will try and lay out some pics for runs this week. There looks to be some cool shit in there, cross overs with Captain Marvel before his death and lots of cool cosmic stuff
NGL this sounds pretty badass, someone should do a strictly floppies thread, Cosmic shit is the best

Kek. I met Dan Slott at a convention and talked about how much I love the thing and the FF. The guy just loves the FF.

I will do some full lay outs for you then. I honestly didn't know Ron Marz had a long run on SS before I bought this, and I think he is a fucking solid writer so I look forward to this. There is a ton of cool stuff here, with Beta Ray Bill and shit.

CUUUUUTEST Link ever

Attached: 20190914_174828.jpg (5312x2988, 3M)

his run has been breddy gud so far

which con

I'm actually preferring his Iron Man, I know I'm in the minority here on that but I like the whole talk about AI
my local one, not going to out myself but it's in Canada

Attached: 20190914_144046.jpg (5312x2988, 2.43M)

i dropped iron man at #11. just wasn't good enough for me. what I love about his FF is how satisfying the individual issues are. his iron man is too decompressed

it's pretty damn easy to find what con btw

I'm not into WOW at all but gotta respect this
it's decompressed yes, but that allows it to seed so many ideas, I don't mind decompressed storytelling IF it is using it to push in a ton of different ideas
ya but I'm going to make you look

Attached: 20190914_143233.jpg (5086x2834, 2.25M)

Yeah it’s some pretty good popcorn comics. And the family dynamic is great.

better than Gal Gadot IMO

Attached: 20190914_142859.jpg (5312x2988, 3.27M)

yeah it's pretty much everything I want from a saturday morning cartoon

>better than Gal Gadot IMO

Attached: retard computer.png (600x743, 332K)

Really?

>skeleton warrior

Attached: skeleton woman.jpg (480x720, 30K)

>those first 3-4 galactus issues after Ben got married

Absolutely based and Marvel-pilled comics. It’s great shit.

Sorry I’m drunk

yes, this supermodel is indeed superior to that cosplaying hambeast.

>thinking that hog is better than gal gadot

each to their own, but I like a woman not dying of starvation.

That’s really nice and refreshing to hear, his work isn’t bad

uh huh

>There is a ton of cool stuff here, with Beta Ray Bill and shit.
C’mon now this is just teasing at this point

Attached: EE19B09D-D3D9-4266-9910-CE500FA73DEE.jpg (1242x2208, 578K)

I think they have a new harrow county series coming out in December and its 4 issues, yeah I dont mind double dipping if it's something I want to support, i also like giving comics away. There have been some comics that I have bought 3 times, one for me and 2 for friends.

Its bugs me everytime I look at my shelf user, as soon as I find one from the original publisher I will replace it.

I promise to lay it out tomorrow. looks like some cool issues

Attached: 20190914_124333.jpg (5312x2988, 2.78M)

I’m holding you to it, I’ll post as well, make a /floppy/ thread

>tfw meeting Mitch Gerards at a convention in my area in November

I’m so hype brehs

it's a lot to organize but ya, we are only at 300 posts, should be room for tomorrow unless someone goes autistic
>Gerards
nice, he seems fun as hell

Oops meant gerads

Yeah I’ll probably ask him to sign my copy of the trade of mister miracle. The guy just seems down to earth.

rad

I looked it up and the one I was thinking about is called Manor Black. Not sure if it ties into Harrow County but I don't think so? Givings stuff away to friends is nice if you can afford it. Hopefully they end up reading it, liking it and maybe even supporting it too.

we're all gonna be screwed though once the new stuff gets collected and will only be available with the image on top

He's extremely nice. Tom King is sort of a self entitled prick and they often con together though.

This is a relatively small con so I’d be shocked if tom king came, I’m really surprised Mitch is coming. Pic related.

Attached: 911D1D61-753C-420F-9665-CD2EB9C6AA0D.png (232x300, 62K)

Also the cover to issue 2 reminds me of that axe murderer from Detective Conan, but that's just a fun aside.

Attached: Manor Black 002-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

Everyone I've ever met at a con was a self entitled prick

Pic related

Attached: 1004623_1368866768476_402_300.png (402x299, 371K)

it seems that most of the Yea Forums hated people are actually cool at cons. I really dislike Snyder storytelling but he seems like such a great person to interact with.

I met him around the time he was doing the Thing solo series and he wanted to write FF back then so hard

I remember tweeting at Scott Snyder about how much I liked either new 52 Batman or wytches and he liked my tweet. Homeboy didn’t have to do that, it’s great knowing he actually runs his own twitter and cares about his fans enough to to not only read tweets but to like and reply to tweets. Same with Greg Capullo

I tweeted Nocenti what the heck is going on with the Seeds. She replied saying #3 is done, and #4 hasn't been started. Nice of her to get back to me, but fuck me man.. FINISH THE BOOK!

NC con is getting bigger every year. I see a lot of creators posting theyre going each year

Fuck..it's been so long I'm starting to forget it exists

Attached: Seeds.jpg (400x607, 41K)

If finished I'm certain it woulda been COTY 2018. Oh well

I also dont like Snyder's writing but I met him twice now and he's super friendly. And funnily enough he was openly mocking Tom King to Jock at their table on how he wasnt happy with how he wanted to take Batman.

snyder seems to
>be an eternal hype man. He never seems to want to negatively criticize people
>be absolutely terrible at interviews sometimes because he gets nervous, like with the "doomsday clock isn't canon" interview

Nick Pitarra started following me on twitter and I have no idea why. My twitter is basically just me liking artist photos and tweeting in jokes with friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=ol4_T-gnqY4
Dan Slott seems like a really cool dude. I'd love to meet him

Slott gets a lot of shit on Yea Forums but I like him cause I am not a Spider-Man reader so never read any of that. His She-Hulk and Mighty Avengers are great

Even then his Spider-Man from 648 thru Superior was great. Yea Forums talks about this guy like he's the devil

Yea Forums has a bad hivemind outside /shelf/ and generally it's pretty terrible

Agreed. If not for our little enclave I wouldn't even come here. It's not even good for getting news compared to other sites.

>it's a lot to organize but ya, we are only at 300 posts, should be room for tomorrow unless someone goes autistic
I agree, if not then I’ll start a /floppies/ thread, I recently got a lot of comics and want to show them off

>I recently got a lot of comics and want to show them off
show them. /shelf/ is ok with floppies, we LIKE omni's etc better but all comics are good

This. /shelf/ is okay with just about anything. This place is just our refuge from the storm

Attached: sense of right alliance.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

where is good to get news? most of the ones i find tend to have annoying vague spoiler headlines so i just avoid most of them

I use BleedingCool and for stuff that might slip past it I use
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597?group_id=154241
That goodreads group isn't really "news" as much as it tracks upcoming collected editions. Yeah BleedingCool is pretty clickbaity but news is news and they have a new page of stuff every day. Between those two things, /shelf/, and visiting my LCS once a month I feel pretty well apprised

>I use BleedingCool

Attached: disgustingbloom.png (239x310, 170K)

I know that but it would be nice to have only a /floppies/ thread and have it be specific without it becoming a /shelf/ thread full of omnis and books

News is news
We post floppies ala'time in /shelf/, don't be afraid grasshopper.

there are some people who custome bind stuff here...would it be worth it to bind something like Avengers Invaders by Alex Ross? or Storm by Pak? How about getting Hellblazer stuff custom bound? I got all of Ellis Hellblazer

Just spitballing stuff

>would it be worth it to bind something like Avengers Invaders by Alex Ross?
uhm.. no? that was collected.

I bought a fuck ton of floppies but I prefer to read stuff in trades. So a custome bind isn't a dumb idea is it?

my dude if you want to custom bind something you bind something that is uncollected, or wtf is the point? just buy the trade. it would be a lot cheaper than mailing the stuff and paying for the job

Hellblazer seems a bit odd since miraculously all 21 trades collecting up to 250 (out of 300) are somehow still in print, and the Ellis trade contains the unpublished school shooting issue

It's only worth it if you think it's worth it. I got DC/Marvel All Access and Unlimited Access bound, they're not very good but I wanted them in one book, doesn't mean someone else won't think I'm a massive retard.

Maybe it is time for /shelf/ to evolve into weekly /haul/ that way we can have both floppies, collected editions and everything inbetween

I mean, /shelf/ usually has "+ recent buys" in the title (just like this one does.) Even without that it's implied. It wouldn't be an evolution, it would be the same thing.

This is a good idea