Why!?

Why!?

Why couldn't Marvel let it be good? Black Panther was on everyone's lips, and Infinity War was a guaranteed hit in a few months.

What harm would another 4-6 months in the oven and a budget that WASN'T smaller then the DLC budget for SF5's season 1 do?

Attached: mvci.jpg (460x215, 43K)

Ask Perlmutter.

>disney didn't help pay for the game
>put limitations on roster and what marvel characters could do
>couldn't have marvel characters shown being beaten by capcom characters in the promotional material
>sometimes it would take a while for disney to even reply to anything and they had to be notified and sign off on anything dealing with their characters
Capcom still treats their fighting games like shit but I feel bad for them in this case.

Attached: dog unamused.png (489x660, 286K)

At least this disaster actually served as a wakeup call for Marvel's gaming division.

While Disney came off as an absolute nightmare to work with, Capcom's own choices for the roster were wholly uninspired.

Well yeah, they couldn't afford too many new characters cuz the budget was half of one of SFV's DLC seasons.

Capcom's budget for the game was also abysmally low even compared to their normal games. Add into it that Marvel/Disney didn't pay a cent to help with development/production cost and bitched hard about the roster because of who they did/didn't have the rights to at the time, it's a miracle the game even launched at all.

Get woke get broke

>While Disney came off as an absolute nightmare to work with, Capcom's own choices for the roster were wholly uninspired.
Any character that was in both MVC3 and MVCI were using the same model in MVC3 but with touched up looks. They had no extra money like they did in the past and were working on SF5 at the same time. No surprise they prioritized their own game since they didn't have to share profits like they did with MVCI.

The budget was Capcom's fault and not Marvel's
Also capcom's side of the roster was ass too and that has no excuse

>games have seasons now

Attached: 62a.jpg (226x207, 17K)

He's not talking about the actual looks of the model's he's talking about the choices. Fucking Spencer, Nemesis, and Firebrand over Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, and Wesker are just retarded choices and those are charaters that were in MvC3. Capcom has no excuse

What do you think Season pass meant for the last 10+ years?

Exactly what it means: people continuing to pay shit all the time for what they already bought. A rip off, to be more blunt.

There are definitely questionable roster decisions but the vast majority of issues with the roster is the Marvel side. Capcom's choices are nowhere near as bad in comparison.

I assume you have a job, do you get paid one time only for all past present and future labor? And is that one time sum the same amount you would have earned 30 years ago in the 90's?

Give me one reason why Disney should continue to allow those shitty capcom characters to share a game with their stars.

Oh yeah Marvel's side is definitley worse. But Capcom shouldn't get a pass for exacerbating the issue

Hmmmm....none?

Whatever analogy you need to make to justify paying hundreds of dollars on the same game.

I'd take Firebrand over Phoenix Wright, but you're not wrong.

Why the fuck is Spencer even there, anyway? Inafune and Ben Judd were already long gone by the time MvCI entered development so it's not like Capcom had to shill nu-Bionic Commando.

Disney has made it known they don't really care about doing any games of their properties and prefer having other studios work on games for them. But their constant inability to properly fund the games to ensure they're good is ridiculous. Sony paid for the Spider-Man game and it worked out well for them. And then you have EA wasting the Star Wars exclusivity and Disney just gives them a slap on the wrist over Battlefront 2.

>Why the fuck is Spencer even there, anyway?

Nepotism. The guy who was a professional gamer (I forget his name) Capcom hired for MvCI used him as his main, and he made them include Spencer again.

>Why the fuck is Spencer even there, anyway?
He was in MvC3 so no surprise they ported his model over to save money.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Still a pretty shitty choice though.

Oh no, I meant over Ammy or Wesker specifically.

Ya know the worst part? Firebrand.

You have a game with six world altering stones, and not once does anyone mention the Demon's Crest.

I wonder why they even bother trying to make this game.

Attached: Thanos_MCU.0.jpg (1200x800, 97K)

MvC is popular and MvC3 did great and both Capcom and Disney thought they could get away with making a low tier fast cash grab using the MvC name.

But the roster was shit and they had taken out the fucking X-Men, PR was awful, and the graphics were worse, and Disney is hard to work with.

>All Capcom series are part of the same universe
What the fuck?

Attached: 1531041227089.jpg (573x415, 31K)

Maybe publishers should stop being poor and actually have the money for the projects they wanna use Disney's IP's for.

Uncle Joe would be OP for Marvel.
He'd break the game.

Attached: tumblr_p14qnlNxFq1vtpc9vo4_640.png (539x960, 462K)