Doomsday clock 12 cover

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #12
written by GEOFF JOHNS
art and covers by GARY FRANK
This is it! The final showdown between Dr. Manhattan and Superman shakes up the DC Universe to its very core! But can even the Man of Steel walk out from the shadow of Manhattan?
ON SALE 12.18.19

what do you guys think is gonna happen?

Attached: doomsday.jpg (1812x1394, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0oiUwjtT5FE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks like we're getting a fight boys

something similar to Final Crisis Legion Of 3 Worlds

it's Johns after all

Attached: RCO019_1469285432.jpg (1988x3056, 1.47M)

I think it's gonna get delayed

>Replacing the smiley face on Watchmen 1 with the Superman S

my sides

How could Superman even hurt Manhattan?

i wish grant morrison was on this book

its a good book dont get me wrong but geof johns is not good for meta shit

Attached: 83563yjc8hi31.jpg (464x429, 29K)

He managed to break the World Forger's multiverse and laid him flat. Believe in him.

well superman has defeated dominus im pretty sure who is a badass reality warper like manhattan

Attached: 260px-SupermanV2-139Textless.jpg (260x390, 31K)

Superboy Prime is as meta as you can get, c'mon

Attached: RCO031_1469285432.jpg (1988x3056, 1.38M)

SBP also sucks

geof wrote him into a whiney little bitch. there was soooo much more you could have done with super boy prime. imagine if he was redeemed. jesus christ im starting to think geof johns is really hit and miss. he has some good stuff but holy moly some of his stuff is just down right bad

Attached: 1528177980144.gif (480x360, 2.3M)

>all it needs is a two week delay to go into 2020
Oh man, here's hoping that happens. Doomsday Clock being a 2017-2020 book would be priceless.

Anyone who's mad about Prime is the exact person that he's a caricature of. As far as I'm concerned both of you would go on a crazy murder spree because REE NOT MUH COMICS if given god powers.

Attached: prime and didio.png (1158x1200, 3.18M)

That's 90% of Yea Forums, being fair.

I'm not mad about him. I just think he's a dumb character that Geoff Johns twisted to satisfy his arm-ripping fetish

Attached: Cosmic Armor.jpg (925x1175, 222K)

So is Morrison, what's your point?

who the fuck mentioned Morrison

Remember when this series started out with Superman in his Reborn outfit?

My LCS said he hasn’t gotten any solicitations for it yet as of today, unless the release date and solicitations came out literally in the past hour or so.

>what’s gonna happen
They’re gonna say that everything is canon and everything happened since 1938; crisis didn’t happen and the new 52 didn’t happen etc. I doubt doing a 12 issue series that lasted two fucking years is just gonna introduce the JSA

Based Geoff will stick it to Dan Didio

SBP is an idiot's idea of meta, which fits since Geoff Johns is an idiot

The first 6 issues will be released in the trade next month and the 2nd half will be released May 2020

This. SBP isn't really meta, its just 4th wall breaking. It doesn't do anything other than say 'yeah, this is a comic book' but without anything to *say* about that fact or meaningful use of the design space.

Johns and Moore will appear from Authorspace beyond the Bleed and separate the DC and Watchmen universes once again. Then they will teleport to Animal Man continuity and beat up Morrison and tell him his Green Lantern Universe Cop series sucks. Then they will all get shitfaced together and use tri-chaos magic to get DC to hire Zoe Quinn to kill their best selling characters popularity.

Donna Troy is DC's best selling character?

>How could Superman even hurt Manhattan?
He already killed a 5D imp. Dr. Manhattan's just a 4D tier chump.

Attached: 12.jpg (1052x1600, 659K)

>They're chopping this up into two trades instead of just one book

I'm guessing because how long it's take to wrap up?

>Then they will teleport to Animal Man continuity and beat up Morrison and tell him his Green Lantern Universe Cop series sucks
I don't know why people keep thinking they can screw with Morrison by hurting his writer character. Ruling that out was the very first thing he did in that issue.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2988x1512, 2.07M)

its only 36 pages too, johns is going to have to pull somethign great out of his ass to make this book great instead of what it currently is (a kinda good story carried by watchmen characters).

>a kinda good story carried by watchmen characters
it's not any kind of good and Watchmen characters have barely appeared

To be fair, it's pretty standard for 12-issue miniseries these days.

Year release counts are based on floppies though.

i like the begining, the parts where ozymandius broke into the dc universe with mime, newshac, and marionette. all the way up to the underground meet up with the villains. i think thats when the story went to shit. everything before that was awesome

also i wnat to add the pacing and story telling was awesome up to that pont, you realy got a sense something big was happening and things were starting to build up. then geof johns lost his shit and took a huge shit on the story

Attached: poster,840x830,f8f8f8-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg (750x1000, 93K)

SUPERBOY PRIME'S COMING BACK BABYYYYY

I like to think that Infinite Crisis broke Superboy Prime mentally. Starting with the accidental kills on the Titans because he doesn't know his own strength (remember, he's stuck in this paradise dimension with folks who are about his own strength). So when he accidentally killed them, what started as "All I wanted is to catch up on what I missed out on my life" to "My world is PERFECT and I'm gonna fix everything in this flawed Earth, whether they want to or not".

Seriously, SBP is just a kid who just got his powers,, lost his home, trapped with a couple of super powered beings, manipulated by his own best friend (Alex Luthor being evil is a screw up itself) on the promise that he can go home again but along the way, he accidentally killed some people..and his mind snapped ever since.

>imagine if he was redeemed.
Nice try, superboy prime!

I mean, his story in Blackest Night is a step for him being redeemed...and then the Teen Titans arc threw that away.

That was Superman's plan in Legion of 3 Worlds but Prime was too Prime for it to happen

Attached: redeem prime.png (427x662, 548K)

My fellow Anonymous, our long national nightmare is over

You mean Prime's already insane for it to happen.

>I don't know why people keep thinking they can screw with Morrison by hurting his writer character. Ruling that out was the very first thing he did in that issue.
Didn't Ostrander put him in the Suicide Squad and kill him?

lol yeah

Morrison and Johns are both fucking retards

Stfu brainlet wtf do you know about anything

Attached: 1568167457332s.jpg (250x239, 6K)

They want something out for the start of the TV show.
There's probably going to be a complete edition by May.

Does Doomsday show up in this story arc?

Attached: 8D47857F-CD30-4634-ACB3-14D0594E0F65.jpg (780x439, 187K)

Morrison >>>> Moore.

Only incel brainlets disagree.

I read Watchmen once, obviously more than Geoff did for research

>its only 36 pages too
Hahahahahahahaha

Morrisonfags are all fucking retarded, probably balding, drug addicts who were virgins into their at least late 20's

it showed promise indeed, i didn't think it was awesome cause those singular moments where purely set up but it fired up the "hey maybe this has something to say" then it was lik a man with speech impediment trying to do standup.

it hurts to look at every month, after riffing it on storytimes everytime it comes out, i kinda feel bad going over it through the day.

Who cares? Doomsday Clock isn’t canon.
>**Nrama**: So does this tie in to Doomsday Clock at all? Because we’ve seen the seeds of the Justice Society returning in Doomsday Clock.

>**Snyder**: Not really. I mean, Doomsday Clock really is its own wonderful, incredible story. The kind of light connection between them is just that, what Geoff and I talked about was because Doomsday Clock is kind of running at its own pace and in its own kind of continuity, what I didn’t want to do was bring the JSA back before he had a chance to reintroduce them as a concept in issue #10.

>I think that’s similar with other characters that he’s going to be using in Doomsday Clock as well.

>So there’s a nod to each other in that regard. I wanted him to be able to have the JSA as an idea, and have that first appearance in Doomsday Clock.

>But in terms of the continuities linking up, Doomsday Clock is a very special and inspirational book. We’re all amazed, I think, at how good it is. **But its effects are relatively self-contained to itself.**

Remember when Lois asked Clark if they could change Jon’s guardian because she was mad at Perry? Because he was a kid. Except now he’s an adult so that line doesn’t make sense.

Or heck, remember how Alfred is alive in the comic despite being killed by Bane?

Superman will whip out his super dick and show how much of a chad he is, maling the blue virgin cry himself to sleep

>Or heck, remember how Alfred is alive in the comic despite being killed by Bane?
To be fair, most other comics featuring Batman are completely ignoring King's run.

who cares whats canon or not at this point
at this point main storylines dont even follow past continuity so you pretty much make your own canon. DC has fucked up that bad. i see a way out but not anywhere in the near future. in order for dc to come back to pre 52 glory days or even rebirth level quality theyre going to ahve to get rid of snyder and tom king. literally anyone lese will do a better job.

Get rid of Bendis too. What he’s done to the Superman books and the legion is unforgivable.

t.dummy

But you're not writing comics so no one gives a fuck.

>DC is doomed, everyone is shit, comics are dying...etc...

>rt
i agree cant believe i almost forgot that hack. Leviathan was his chance to redeem himself but holy shit if he did not make that "event" into the most boring fucking thing ever

If it actually finishes this decade I'll be glad.

>ON SALE 12.18.19
So much for getting the TPB for Christmas then.

>Didn't Ostrander put him in the Suicide Squad and kill him?
Yes, and that's stupid because of what I already wrote the first time around. Read the pic in that post:
>You can't hurt me. To hurt me you'd have to get into the *real* world and that's something you can *never* do.

Attached: disabled.png (638x359, 247K)

We still got like 5 major unresolved plot points so there's no way that's happening in any satisfying matter. Not to mention Johns always had a problem with completely shitting the bed when it comes to endings.

but I am

>Superman Prime is recruited as a legionnaire
Would you read it?

*SBP
Fuck. I'm going to sleep

>Muh embodiment of hope

lmao no

He'll try super tough tho, because John will inspire him by revealing the truth of Kent's car crash

I like to think that Secret Identity is what would have happened with Superboy Prime if CoiE have never happened.

>using idiot twice in the same sentence
you are not very bright, are you?

>projecting this hard

Isn't there some secret divine origin of Superman? Like he's actually a god with unlimited capacity.

Fuck, god I hate how long this took out and how Bendis and Snyder have basically shat on it and are now on their own shitfling fight by introducing two different versions of Kamandi.

I can't even side with Snyder here because he's the fucking reason we got all these terrible crap like 'Secret Six', BatJoker vs ApexLex. I don't even know the market for this shit anymore.

But at least he can deliver sometimes vs Bendis who's only fucking response to how stupid his changes are is 'Change is Good'.

December solicitations of Tec has Tomasi having to acknowledge that tripe.

Noone knows who is the target group.

I bet this would be just tease for bigger crisis and set Yea Forums on fire.

No idea, best to beat up GJ before he can finish

He is the embodiment of Hope in comics.
Also, Reality itself HATES when something really bad happens to supes.

The only to redeem prime is UNDOING the Crisis
The Crisis itself is a Fucking Dragon Break that its still trying to heal itself, but the external influence is making the wound grow even more.

hence why many characters stories are always FUCKED.
yes its Elder Scrolls shenanigans but THIS IS THE CRISIS.
youtube.com/watch?v=0oiUwjtT5FE

Its simple metaphysics, even Moore and Morrison understand that, how many reboots retcons changed origins DC had ever since the crysis, and every time when DC tries to go back to normal, the Editors pulls something retarded that reboots the universe once more and makes it even worse?

repetition to emphasize a point is an accepted rhetorical device

Doomsday clock 2?
But would it make sense with Bendis and Snyder doing their business?
Even this was promoted as explaining why new52 died and rebirth came. Rebirth doesnt have any impact left.

DC cant fucking Take ANOTHER CRISIS.

I've read somewhere that:
Batman, Justice League, Doomsday Clock, Flash Forward, Batman who Keks and even the Legion of Super-Heroes are leading to a Crisis-like event next year
>Im sorry user, but Im looking forward to it

Snyder has talked about Metal 2, which would be the capstone to his JL run. Capullo recently reupped his DC exclusivity so after LKoE he will probably start working on Metal 2. After Metal 2 DC will probably have a linewide relaunch.

And Snyder talked about Superboy Prime too

>>Im sorry user, but Im looking forward to it
Some people like to see the world burn.

Stop posting this in every Doomsday Clock or DC related thread without including that they literally MADE HIM REISSUE A NEW STATEMENT that clearly states Doomsday Clock is still canon to the DCU.

you read it here on Yea Forums because they love to write fanfic about the inside happenings on DC and Marvel

That was Damage Control. Snyder's plans for the JSA, Year of the Villain, and Batman Who Laughs were made and approved without taking Doomsday Clock into consideration at all because it's irrelevant.

I really think legitimately think, that bringing back SBP would be the perfect finale.
>set up the Justice Doom War multiverse Forger, AntiMon, Monitor conflict to actually undo crises and redeem SBP (the most hopeless character ever aside from Ric Grayson)
>redeeming relationships with someone who is literally a "toxic and hateful and entitled comic reader" in the books would do a lot to mend how comic WRITERS have been conducting themselves on social media the last few years
>leave open the possibility of The Gentry who were clearly (retcon) trying to use SBP as a vehicle into our multiverse before Ultra Comics

I am too, but itll be a shitshow:
BMwhokeks should've died in metal but hey sure whatever

Batman
>nah his book is fucked and hes retarded in kings run. Unless he recites an old fable to everyone.
JL
>I actually have liked the set up for Justice Doom War, but I dont get why fucking perpetua was necessary at all, except for giving a power scale for The Gentry? Jarro is based but hes going to die.
DOOMSDAY CLOCK
>the only way this could be relevant at all to the future is by bringing back SBP, but they wont...hell come back at the start of METAL2 or at the end of Justice Doom War as a "secret weapon" and HOPEFULLY BE REDEEMED THROUGH THE HYPERCRISIS
FLASH FORWARD - I also dont get why this exists. He wouldnt need a redemption tour if a fucking hack hadn't made him a murderer...except for possibly Animal Manning him into demanding answers or help from the author/audience (hypercrisis)

I doubt it. Whatever event is coming likely will be led by Snyder. Jonh's events are probably ending here (in a bubble that barely connects with the rest of the universe) aside from Three Jokers, which is relatively minor in comparison.