Well, you thought de-aging Jon is the worst thing Bendis has ever done? CHECK THIS OUT!

newsarama.com/46940-superman-to-reveal-his-secret-identity-to-the-world-this-fall.html

>SUPERMAN #18
written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
variant cover by SKAN
With Superman’s family scattered across the galaxy, our hero must confront some of his greatest concerns about himself and his place in the galaxy. Legendary artist Ivan Reis joins writer Brian Michael Bendis as they introduce the biggest change in the Man of Steel’s life ever!
ON SALE 12.11.19

Attached: bendisbullshit.jpg (922x1400, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/46940-superman-to-reveal-his-secret-identity-to-the-world-this-fall.html
bleedingcool.com/2019/09/13/superman-secret-identity-cuck-kent/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how many times has DC rebooted in the last 15 years? nothing matters and nothing lasts, who cares

This already happened before. Boring.

I mean...who cares? He had his identity revealed to the public less than a year before bendis took over.

Attached: it was a warning.jpg (1662x468, 399K)

Who cares? This has been done so many times it’s meaningless.

I don't even read DC anymore but didn't they JUST do this?

Well, it's still bullshit since the last REVEALED SUPERMAN S.I. THING was like in New 52 and it's not that far long ago AT ALL.
That's why this is bullshit. They're not even trying.

>OP so hyped to create an outrage thread he fucked up the solicits.

Yeah, like first shitty mistakes as usual.

Meh.
Either Mr Mxyzptlk will warp reality and mad this just a bad dream or Superman will ask to some telepath to make everyone forget.
I bet my money on the Mr Mxy one
You?

>newsarama.com/46940-superman-to-reveal-his-secret-identity-to-the-world-this-fall.html
Didn't we JUST do this?

Still think Bendis will make some bs, because of that Lois/Clark-Superman relationship premises.

the solicit thread has no posts

Soooooo Daredevil.

I hate Bendis so much

Why does DC hate Superman so much?

The New 52/DCYou already did this?

Did no one tell Bendis that?

>>Did no one tell Bendis that?
Bendis knew and just doesn't give a fuck
OR
He didn't know and no one told him because editorial is a fucking joke

So I don't follow Superman, is Jon aged up or back to his normal age now?

De-aging implies he got younger again.

I think it's a good idea. the execution might be bad. Bendis' name is enough to drive Yea Forums into rage regardless

Why???!!!!

They literally had to have Mxyzptlk reboot Superman because his Idenity was exposed.

How many times are they going to reboot Superman?!!

Dude it's like saying Jean Grey is dead, nobody's surprised and nobody's expecting it to stick.

>Translation: I am a mindless corporate shill that eats up shit! Hashtag release the Snyder cut!

This isn’t even original. Yang and Pak already did this.

>Jean Grey is dead
She got immortality a few years ago so that shouldn't be a thing anymore unless Marvel forgets.

She just died in HoX.

Superman should be in the public domain. At least he would be treated with more respect than DC

Absolutely this.
>literally anything that upsets the staus quo?
>watch it be undone in 2 years at the very most
Who fuking cares

I like how people think 15 years is short time to be rebooting series. The fact you have these huge sprawling universes of interconnecting characters going on for 5+ plus years is fucking insane and stupid.

This

In Moira's penultimate life.

She's still alive in 616 proper.

Weak brained casual.

DC doesn’t deserve to own Superman.

use an archive nigga

Oh god, people actually believe jean, logan, scott and everyone else that died in house of x will stay dead...

Who fucking said that?
Where in my post did I imply that?

DC needs to give up trying to make comics. It just isn’t their strong suit.

what would this fucking change be anyway?

Attached: 1562194863048.jpg (357x312, 29K)

>De-aging implies he got younger again.
OP is a fucking idiot. Jon is still the same older age Bendis made him. What's worse now though is that instead of being out in some random part of the galaxy, he's currently in the 31st Century with the Legion. Bendis yet again found a way to get rid of Jon.

This was the sort of thing that seemed fresh and new when Bendis did Daredevil.

Now it just seems empty and meaningless after two decades of this sort of thing.

Didn't Yang do this with the N52 Superman?

So Metropolis people will finally stop pretending that shit was a good disguise and no one new Clark kent was Superman?

This again??

It worked for Spiderman why not Supes

>tfw Bendis's Civil War II was basically just the plot from the pilot of the tv show Minority Report ( no, not the movie, the tv show that lasted 5 or 6 episodes where they teamed up one of the three psychics with a cop to get their Person of Interest on ).
>tfw I just saw Spider-Man: Far From Home which ends with Mysterio telling the whole world that Spider-Man is Peter Parker
I swear he just lifts from whatever the last thing was he watched on Netflix ...

Again? There aren't any other ways to shake things up? At this point it they are basically saying "we don't give a fuck"

I am extremely disappointed that Superman has not yet been replaced by Mazaa Abarra, a teenage black girl from Ethiopia who hacked Krypton.

They did this in New 52 and Bruce gave Clark shit for it.

My favorite thing is that in the comments on Newsarama's Facebook is that there were a lot of people going "didn't they do this already?"

They rebooted once since COIE and then undid it. Everything else has just been slight changes to the status quo or reestablishing it.

i'm shocked at normies reacting like that desu

eh, this happens every couple of years. Aging up Jon is still way worse since it's far more unlikely to be undone. Though this is yet another slap in the face to the Rebirth Action run that made his identity secret again.

more like an Ethiopian teenage girl who can hack into various pieces of colored Kryptonite and use their properties to give herself powers

>nothing matters and nothing lasts, who cares
This is exactly why I never got upset about Bendis taking over.

Attached: Only Best Stories Become Canon.jpg (600x817, 237K)

>_____ already did ______
>Imma do it again, but this time with quirky dialogue
it's how he made his name

>mean...who cares? He had his identity revealed to the public less than a year before bendis took over.
Is this not about him going Superman full-time, and no Clark?

I thought the point was that she was already sort of immortal, what with the whole Phoenix thing, just in a way where she dies and comes back to life.
She's honestly one character for whom coming back to life would be fine if she wasn't so shit.

>There aren't any other ways to shake things up?
Stunt hiring, i.e. getting famous writers and paying them serious bank to write stories involving the characters. I wanna read Stephen King's Batman run, dammit.

Attached: stephen-king-9365136-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 154K)

Outragefags need to be gassed. None of this will last you retard. It will get undone at the end of Bendis’ run and that will be the end of it.

He stole this from FFH

is this post a joke about Joe Hill doing that pop up horror imprint?

I'm serious. I wouldn't be surprised if DC or even Marvel decided to do something like this. Especially DC since they really seem to be circling the drain as far as their comics go. They should revive the Elseworld's imprint and let some of today's science fiction and fantasy heavy hitters play in it.

This has happened at least a dozen times before and it's always "OMG this will change everything forever"

She told the Phoenix to fuck off with this last resurrection. So it removed all of its power from her and flew off into space. So she’s just regular Jean now.

But. Apparently, Marvel in all their wisdom decided to give her the ability to survive as astral body post-death and recreate her body from scratch. So yeah, she’s immortal now.

Bendis literally can't touch anything without making sure that it's totally warped for the next guy who has to pick it up.

why is DC letting someone who is selling so poorly make such big changes to one of their two tentpole characters?

Same reason Marvel did.

Didio is just using Bendis to revert Superman back to new 52 superman, because he's bitter about the fans liking rebirth superman more.

He's completely dissolved the family.
Pseudo broken up lois and clark
Now he's going to make Clark Kent go away.

Just like new 52 when superman had no secret identity and no family.

Didio is a snowflake who can't tolerate people not liking what he wants them to.

I mean he did an X-Men story in a charity issue and a thing for American Vampire, I'm kinda surprised he hasn't done more comics. He's more of a Marvel guy though according to his forewords and nonfiction.

Most people's problem is that this is similar to like four or five years ago, only this time it's being written by someone who has a reputation for "all-hype, dragged out, so-so to poor story execution".

Actually this brings up another point: they had five years to prove that readers wanted an unmarried Superman.

The sales declined fast.

Oh, Didio. You lying son of a bitch.

Sales collapsed to below the lowest numbers rebirth superman had ever seen in a quarter of the issues.

It's a disaster.

>Superman will “reveal his identity” to the world? “The biggest change in the Man of Steel’s life ever!”?

Bleeding Cool previously informed you back in July 2018 of a very different take, that would fulfil all these requirements but not let the world know that Superman is Clark Kent. And it all goes back to the book Lois Lane has been writing, holed up in a Chicago hotel.

> The suggestion is that Lois Lane, this time around, reveals that she is Superman’s partner — but that the Clark Kent marriage is but a front, a green card-type deal to disguise that she is Superman’s other half. ‘Cuck Kent’ if you will, to use rather unpleasant modern parlance. And a way to let Jonathan Kent be known and to operate openly as Superman’s son.

>bleedingcool.com/2019/09/13/superman-secret-identity-cuck-kent/

I am so sick and tired of writers being so goddamn lazy and unimaginative that they can't be bothered to write around secret identities anymore. It seriously pisses me off because why bother with the dual life anymore?

Yeah I know this isn't new for Clark, but this irks me because you just know it's all motivated by half assed writing and laziness

Attached: FEAR.png (1500x1100, 1.31M)

The dark tower comics got canceled eventually, i don't know if his relationship with marvel ended on good terms or not.

>Gotham is really in Maine

Archangel is probably gone

but this is a good idea. Are you sure Bendis is writing this?

Is this just more superdickery?

Attached: supes.jpg (335x499, 77K)

>de-aging jon
Are you retarded

And I'm fucking glad I read Superman for Superman not his annoying son

Shit sucks, I was hoping they'd at least get through Lud.

>Steven King
>not Joe Hill

Attached: lockeandkey omega 5 photo mar130404e.jpg (400x618, 48K)