Why yes, I do have the power of magnetism how could you tell?

Why yes, I do have the power of magnetism how could you tell?

his power isnt THAT strong when you realise many metals like aluminum are outside of his range.

for example a 100% aluminum gun+plastics. Doesnt have to be wood.

Attached: 1565549665792.gif (500x369, 499K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8
youtube.com/watch?v=mMDRqKmqVNs
luchins.com/what-were-they-thinking/from-the-same-issue-as-the-last-x-panel/#comment-11119408
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's one of the four fundamental forces of the universe.

Ok but aluminum

No, that’s electromagnetism

It's over Magneto!

Attached: wooden gun.jpg (1006x761, 234K)

>he thinks Magneto is limited to metal
Magneto has straight up controlled gravity with his power.

Same thing
That's more what his powers are in the comics

He’s absorbed electrical attacks from Storm on multiple occasions

Checkmate

he literally can stop the flow of blood in your body, guns dont matter

Bruh, Magneto is just master of metal as a shorthand. His actual power is fundamental force magnetism.
Hell, I'm pretty sure he used his powers on wood once.

Magneto's power is basically magic. Dude can lift boulders with a single iron atom, pull the (non ferrous) iron out of people's blood, control electricity, etc.
The only explanation is he's some kind of omnipotent reality warper and the "magnetism" thing is a mental block he has to express his powers in a way his fragile human mind can comprehend.

He may look like it but he's not a JoJo character and he does have his limitations

Magneto has actually taken control of other people's blood. He can also make wormholes that dump people into black holes.

Pretty hilarious that everyone forgets Magneto gained the power to heal people by wearing a disguise.

magneto has literally forced peoples blood to flow backwards.

The x men tv show is non cannon

That's electromagnetism, user

Nice

We dont talk about xorn or whatever his name is

Why isn't his daughter as OP as he is?

Attached: 2525434.jpg (720x720, 96K)

do you mean xorn, not xorn or xorn, the twin brother of xorn?

whoever was in charge of that era of x-men should be banned from all forms of media

Magneto has become less powerful over time as more and more products are made with less metal. Cars, toys, household objects, everything has less metal in them now than in 1963

And publicly executed

Like how they executed xorn

Jojo characters way more often than not work within limitations that they may push to the limit, but Araki still keeps them limited. He learned to do this after he had difficulty writing challenges for Abdul because "controls fire" is way too unlimited.

Cape comics have such a massive power creep with so many writers on them that limits are not really there. The X-Men are prime examples of this, with Wolverine going from "can die if shot too much" to "can tank a literal nuke". Magneto is also a good case of this, the guy went from being able to control metal objects to being an omega level nigh-god with control over one of the four fundamental forces of the universe

Does this mean Polaris is a reality warper too?

Nano-sentinels. Actually read Morrison's run, that is not a plot hole.

Yes, it was insanely fucked up. This was about the time I totally gave up on Marvel comics. It honestly doesn't seem much better now. Reading Marvel comics is utterly pointless. Not only do they change the plot and retcon from issue to issue but often you can watch it happen WITHIN an issue.

Will Retard Magneto ever come back?

youtube.com/watch?v=x5-JVvCrGC8

So fucking retarded.

Jojo characters are intentionally very limited, thats why they get killed off or sidelined very quickly because theres only so much they can do. In 40 episodes of Golden Wind Purple Haze only has two fights.

The alternate universe offspring of Rogue and Magneto, Magnus, is more OP than Magneto. He's got all of poppa's powers and anyone he touches turns to metal.

Attached: magnus.jpg (720x899, 222K)

That’s just ferromagnetism.
Magneto isn’t limited to just that.

Do you actually think magnetism is limited to metal?

>and anyone he touches turns to metal.
Nigga what.

Thats bullshit.

I guess this is a job for colossus. The only x man who can at will turn to metal.

Explain. He cant fuck aluminium

Can you provide a source for this statement?

he can create wormholes and shit, thats not just metal stuff. ok, you have a plastic gun, he stops the flow of blood to your brain, or creates a gravity field around you that crushs your body into a thimble sized object. magneto has been vastly powered up since he came out

Magneto can control electricity by changing his magnetic field right? Has X-men ever exploded that?

But can he turn at will from a different metal than normal to either regular skin or his normal metal? Like, if he turned to brass, would he be able to just undo that, or what?

>powers of magnetism
>aluminum is non magnetic

It
Just
Makes sense

Attached: Screenshot_20190727-112045_Gallery.jpg (1080x924, 553K)

yeah. magneto fucked with the magneto sphere of earth once, and it made all electronics stop working for some reason

Yes

60s Magneto could use magnetism to pull spirits out of bodies, magnetically alter people's brains and mind control them, and magnetically bend all light out of a room.

>60s Magneto could use magnetism to pull spirits out of bodies
LOLWUT

OG Magneto was the Shang Tsung of his era.

I don’t think you understand how magnetism fucking works.

He used it to astral project and spy on the X-Men

>60s
x-men isnt canon until early to mid 80s. everything before that should be considered suspect

Superman used to be able to make body clones of himself like miniature figures to do work for him.

Point being is that not every extent of a previous ability in the past is canon to today's standards

How the fuck does this work??

Wow it's like you just described how he got shot up in X-3

I gonna need a source on that

Is that golden age? Because golden age Supes was some fucking retarded ass shit.

Is she still his daughter, after the Wanda retcons?

X-Men fans are actually PROUD of the retarded power creep the characters go through.

Attached: 23B636FA-3573-4B04-8519-75F8573D22BF.jpg (1242x2079, 795K)

Purple Haze was removed from the story because he was too goddamn broken.

Yes

No, it was the 90's. Actually read comic books, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMDRqKmqVNs

because of the ferrous minerals in ectoplasm, obviously

Why would I read Superman comics? I don't give a shit about him working for a newspaper and having a girlfriend. Also, the 90s? Literally what the fuck.

>tfw i love wolverine and i miss when a sword slice could almost kill him
>now he can get hit by a nuke, and regen as long as 1 cell still lives
his healing powers got too dumb

Alright, then do your own research, incel.

>It's one of the four fundamental forces of the universe.
lmao read that again

>Why would I read comics

Yep, we're on Yea Forums alright.

It's remotely interesting, but not worth reading Superman comics.

Yes, she was just Wanda's half sister.

>Superman = all comics
Lol what the fuck kind of faggot are you?

Wow so many jojo fans. You are always everywhere. How are you guys everywhere at once? Is this the power of king crimson?

who would win. Magneto or king crimson

Attached: 1528761531718.png (422x499, 418K)

A few years ago they had a story that partially explained his absurd healing powers. Each time he was pushed to the point where he should actually be stone dead he would instead duel with an incarnation of death. If he won the duel (which did over and over and over) than he was good to go. They hinted at what was going on over quite a few issues and it was overall not bad.

Said the faggot on the Superman thread.

Magnesium isn't restricted to just metal. Water is magnetic such as how it beads together or forms a bubble like on a glass instead of just over flowing even things like wood can be magnetized

This is a Magneto thread, you fucking moron.

aluminum isn't ferromagnetic or diamagnetic, but it is paramagnetic, so Magneto's general "power of magnetism" can in fact affect aluminum

Every time I read an unironic explanation for Magneto's power wankery, I imagine the old stereotype of an obese, acne-ridden nerd who pushes up his glasses with every sentence he types out.

And they're voiced by Conan O'Brien.

Just fucking kill me.

Attached: 1560756547206.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

I gonna need a source on that

Magneto hands down. He can sit or hover outside of crimson's area of effect.

Ironic though, how the police have more metal than Reed Richards has wood.

Magnets

Checked.

And Magneto is pure bullshit.

He could also teleport,
swap people's voices,
Change his face to look like other people
mind control people
could shrink things with super vision
can speak through radio waves and be heard over someone's radio

If you really want to get into it, Spider-man has had the ability to dismantle Magneto with a toaster since he was like 16. Made one into a machine that turns off magnetism.

>turns off magnetism.
Well that sounds dangerous.

You can make an electromagnet that attracts a non-ferromagnetic conductor and you can repel/levitate them with eddy currents.

Oh, cool. So he's constantly dueling with DEATH and winning. That's not retarded at all.

Never had a ring launcher demonstrated in high school?

That's some fucking world-destroying shit is what it is. Magnetism is what keeps electrons swirling around atoms, and sharing electrons is the only reason atoms stick together to form molecules. If you just "turn off" magnetism everything would fucking disintegrate.

So it’s like the time Reed Richards threatened Galactus?

Attached: uneducated_50_1_50.jpg (620x933, 442K)

Its his magnetic personality

don't you mean Patton Oswalt

He is so shell shocked and defeated he will probably never use his powers for that entire week, just bobbing and sobbing in a corner, passerbies can hear him mutter and whisper "a wooden gun..." in the corner of his cell.

Attached: A WOODEN GUN.png (625x471, 401K)

Everything in the world creates and affects electromagnetic fields and he can feel the disturbances in those and changes in those disturbances. He uses that to "see" or "scan" the 3D-space.
Voice is vibrations in air, when he feels those vibrations with his magnetism, he "records" them, like a microphone, and then recreates them near him with his electromagnetism, like a speaker. That's how he listens and speaks.
And then, just because he is a good sport and likes giving the X-men the chance to catch him, he bends light with lensing effects that he creates with electromagnetic fields that he uses to shape gases in the air. Or maybe he just bends light itself. That's how he does the projection.

dude trust me

Not exactly.
Wolverine’s healing factor gets stronger the more he uses it. If he never got into fights and led a peaceful life it’s effectiveness would diminish.
BUT, if he actually managed to die before his healing factor saved him, he’d have to fight Azrael (not to be confused with Azazel, Nightcrawler’s dad) for the right to come back to life. That was because of a deal they made, and Wolverine called it off the last time he actually died.

I love old comic ads

It actually sounded more like he originally was meant to have psychic powers too.

Attached: Magneto_Astral Projection.png (466x424, 513K)

Attached: Magneto_Mind Reading.png (350x448, 248K)

The fuck?

That's the electrical force, not magnetic. It's the comics that declared he only controls magnetic, not electromagnetic.

And why could he bend adamantium anyway? Applying magnetic force to it is no different from electrical or gravity. He'd still have to have godlike energy output to do that.

That's not how any of this works!

If he can control magnetism he literally CAN'T NOT control electricity. Magnetic fields induce electric currents. He couldn't fucking stop that if he wanted to.

>And why could he bend adamantium anyway?
He usually turns it liquid first.

I remember reading that the original plan was for every mutant to have telepathic powers, the time Xavier spent training Jean on using them originally wasn't that he had suppressed them but rather she was teaching her before teaching the rest, they must have realized how stupid the idea was before getting to the rest

Magneto isn't canon, only Superman is

Is this some meme my IQ is too high to grasp?

>aluminium
FTFY

No, that’s what Wolverine is made of, and Magneto has no problem controlling that.

I'm gonna need a source on that

If Logan was made of aluminium he could fuck Magneto in the ass

If he was a regular guy he could fuck him in the ass

But beware, magneto clearly deadlifts to maintain his shreaded abs into elderly age. He's gonna be a tough old man to dom.

Good someone understands this

Also, his own mind has decent shielding against telepathy, and Xavier has a degree of telekinesis.

>doesnt realize that every metal has a magnetic value

electrons, how do they work?

Yeah he made it pretty early in his career to fuck up the Vulture's day. Slapped together a toaster and like a microwave, pushed a button and boop, no magnetic anything around him what so ever.

luchins.com/what-were-they-thinking/from-the-same-issue-as-the-last-x-panel/#comment-11119408

Superman used to be able to make body clones of himself like miniature figures to do work for him

That has to be the stupidest story of all time. So Superman finds out he can make a mini Superman, only better than him! Superman goes out of his way several times to explain that Mini-Superman isn't Sentient, yet he still becomes insanely jealous of him! Superman tries to kill Mini-Superman by sending him on suicide missions but Mini-Superman is just too good! Until Mini-Superman gives up his life to save Superman.

The whole story reads like some drug-induced fever-dream!

Attached: Jealous Superman.jpg (620x853, 134K)

That sounds hilarious actually

Old comics just didn't give a shit did they.

This is way more interesting than anything being written today.

Forgot my pic

Attached: nobody tops the top except big oil.jpg (925x1280, 523K)

Eh, what?

>for example a 100% aluminum gun+plastics

implying he only knows how to be offensive, but doesn't know how to be defensive.. like.. creating a shield around him with metals

What part of ONE THOUSAND YEARS IN JAIL do you not understand, user?

>tfw you can do everything magneto does and more but nobody remembers your powers

Attached: sadagar.jpg (244x558, 36K)

His power is really fucking dumb when you realize that he could just destroy most of his enemies by messing with the metals in their body, yet he rarely ever does that.

Doesn't stop powerlevelfags from constantly bringing it up though.

Even frogs are magnetic with strong enough magnetism.
Have you never seen a frog spinning out of control in a magnetic field? Crazy shit.

That is fucking asinine.

Aluminium*

That story is silly, but it was also just a complete one and done. He gained the powers due to a spaceship and then lost them at the end of the same issue.

Attached: Superman_125_02.jpg (581x800, 488K)

Not a fan whatsoever of old, aging Magneto from the early 70's with the gold lining. Too arrogant and ambitious.

Now Purple Magneto- especially when Claremont, Cockrum, and Byrne brought him into his seemingly eternal prime mode where he's a silver haired 30 year old. That was a huge improvement and makeover.

>his seemingly eternal prime mode where he's a silver haired 30 year old
Eeeeh let's call it 40-50.

Silver age is a hell of a drug...

No, it’s the “return trip” part that I’m confused by.
see

You do realize that all atom are magnetic? They just cancel the positive and negative force out on average. All of chemistry acts because of small imbalances in the electro magnetic field of atoms.

It's sad we will never get Fassbender do this!

that's crazy shit

Just because you can classify something as magnetic doesn't mean you actually have control over it. It's like saying that you're an Earth bender and if you have a single grain of sand that you swallowed I can completely obliterate your body from the inside out. Which is incorrect.

Magneto can do all crazy shit with magnetism, the thing is that ferrous metal manipulation is the easiest and less taxing stuff he does. With a little more concentration the guy generated a planet wide EMP. (the fact that comic treats his ripping of Wolverine adamantium worse than that baffles me to this day) Wasn't that covered in some comic?

I want Fassbender to do this