Wonder Woman: Dead Earth announced from Black Label

io9.gizmodo.com/diana-takes-on-the-post-apocalypse-in-our-exclusive-fir-1838098073

>Wonder Woman has faced many trials and tribulations in her quest to save the world of man from itself. But what happens when Diana wakes from slumber to find man’s world already lost? Welcome to DC Comics’ new take on the Princess of the Amazons, Dead Earth.

>io9 can exclusively reveal the first details on Black Label’s latest take on a DC icon in Wonder Woman: Dead Earth. Written and drawn by Daniel Warren Johnson, with colors from Mike Spicer, Dead Earth will be a four-issue, prestige format miniseries as part of the publisher’s Black Label line, aimed at older audiences as part of DC’s recent reshuffling of its imprints and age groupings.

Attached: WW Dead Earth poster.jpg (800x1017, 320K)

>Set in a world where Diana has been sleeping for centuries, the Princess of the Amazons wakes to find the world of man ravaged by nuclear war, rendered a barren wasteland. With her fellow heroes gone and the last remnants of humanity struggling to survive, Wonder Woman has to face this dead earth alone—protecting the last standing city of humankind from gigantic monsters while also uncovering the real mystery behind what caused the apocalypse in the first place. Check out the full cover to the first issue below, by Warren Johnson and Spicer, making its debut here on io9!

>“I like the audacity of an immortal hero saying to a human, ‘I do this because I love you,’” Warren Johnson said in a statement provided to io9. “That line is in the first issue, actually. I was thinking, what better way to explore how much a character loves a maybe undeserving humanity than to really test the limits of where that love goes, when confronted with the harsh reality of what humanity is capable of? Within this world, humans are doing their best to survive, and when humans are trying to survive, a lot of times the worst parts of ourselves come out. So that’s on full display here in Wonder Woman: Dead Earth.”

I'm hard on DC these days but Grampa and DWJ is actually great news

>It’s not just humanity that’s gone through some major changes in her absence: Diana has as well, her powers altered by her time sleeping, leading to her taking a more...rough and tumble approach befitting a post-apocalyptic earth. “Because her changed powers are limiting her ability, it allows for more of a down and dirty feel,” Warren Johnson continued. “In the first issue, she has a bar fight—she kicks a table into a bunch of warlords. I’m really excited about that concept of this very elegant figure getting down in the dirt. Getting to draw that is really fun, and it’s a way to reexamine the character.”

>As well as the gallery of Warren Johnson’s work-in-progress pencils for Dead Earth above, you can check out some final textless pages from Dead Earth’s first issue below, colored by Spicer.

based, DWJ is a better writer than Cates

Sounds promising

Sounds great, I'm excited

Atomic Wonder Woman incoming?

Attached: AtomicWonderWoman.jpg (1200x1200, 1.71M)

I'm getting some Samurai Jack vibes

This has got me hyped, no lie.

What else has he written?

Finally Black Label is starting to take an interesting shape other than edgy Batman fanfiction.

His own creator-owned comics Extremity and Murder Falcon

I don't really care about this but i'm happy it's not another Batman story

>“I like the audacity of an immortal hero saying to a human, ‘I do this because I love you,’”
Soubds like he understands the core concept of Diana

>Monster-filled post-apocalyptic Wonder Woman

Attached: 13413242353144.gif (220x173, 177K)

Sounds ok but I’m not digging that pig disgusting tumblr nose and big nigger lips she’s got on the cover

That is a good quote, agreed!

Murder Falcon in the best comic of the year

Isn't this just Batman: Last Knight On Earth except with a Wonder Woman coat of paint?

except this will be not shit

Sounds like my modded Fallout 4 playthrough.

I kinda feel the same way. Hopefully I'll like it better than Last Knight, though.

Sounds pretty good, but has similar beats to the Last Knight on Earth/
>prestige format miniseries
Depending on the price-per-issue, I think I'll wait for the trade, like Batman: Damned. You cant store this shit format in a box.

>Amazon Historia is still MIA
Is it KSD not making scripts, or Jimenez taking ages for pages?

Attached: AmazonHistoria2.png (936x615, 906K)

This sounds like something might actually happen in it

Any Diana boobies?

no one cares about anything not batman

It is true that the Dark Knight Returns: Golden Son thread is much more active. Be the change you want to see in the thread, user!

That sounds fucking awesome. Wondie has so much Elseworlds potential, '77, True Amazon and Year One were all great, she should get more books. Not even mad about Batman because he's the one keeping the lights on, but fucking Supergirl and Quinn getting all these stand-alones while Diana is out to dry is criminal.

YOU WA SHOCK meets army of darkness first ending meets wonder woman?

sounds interesting.

I'm glad it isn't being pushed with a feminist progressive female writer. But before anyone starts reeeeing at me, the reason I'm glad is because this tells me that the story is more important to DC than how woke the book looks in a news headline.

Agreed

There was also a comic she announced with Bill Sienkiewicz years ago that's never seen the light of day. Ever since she and Fraction announced the creation of a company to tun their comics into movies/tv their output has stalled. Shocker

>Daniel Warren Johnson
So Donny Cates but capable to grow a beard. The state of DC

Why does this need to be Black Label? It's obvious DC won't have the balls to even show a (half)naked Diana.

How naked do you want her, user?

Attached: Wonder Woman (2016-) 002-009.jpg (3975x3056, 2.89M)

Everyone time I hear the name Donny Cates, I keep thinking he's a woman

Attached: 4DB88D9B-EE05-4AD5-9D3B-9B9B1CC5BC96.jpg (1101x1400, 434K)

Fuck it, sure. I'll pick it up if only because with one interview I feel the writer gets Wonder Woman better than the people writing the current actual Wonder Woman mainline comic do.

I mean
You're not wrong, but the idea's still interesting enough for me to pick it up.

More importantly, what even is the point of the Dark Multiverse when Black Label exists?