Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur, great villain of the X-Men, is retconned to actually have been an hero all along

>Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur, great villain of the X-Men, is retconned to actually have been an hero all along
>Now there are few villains left that haven't been redeemed or retconned to have been eroes all along
Why does marvel always have to do this shit?

Attached: ensabahnurxmen.jpg (738x369, 84K)

I mean, hero seems to be a stretch, here. I’m pretty sure he fought back the demons for his own selfish gain. He still has no problem murdering people he deems unfit. Remember when he fought Dracula?

>I mean, hero seems to be a stretch, here. I’m pretty sure he fought back the demons for his own selfish gain. He still has no problem murdering people he deems unfit. Remember when he fought Dracula?
But that was being closer to be an anti-hero for his own goals.
Here it's said he fought for defending mutankind and humankind

It’s his world, not those filthy demons. I mean, is Doom a hero? Thanos? Norman Osborn? Pretty much any villain ever?

but apocalypse gig is he always has been trying to save the earth.

>Thanos
Thanos did nothing wrong my dude

didnt the celestials task apocalypse with protecting earth? or was that some alt universe apoc?

Doom is technically an anti-hero. Bast agreed, don't bother her about it.

>but apocalypse gig is he always has been trying to save the earth.
when?

>If not for the man who was not a man---
>the first mutant--
>the warrior-god in blue
>the world would have fallen
Selene?

>Selene?
Ducktales?

he stopped the brood from taking over earth a long time ago, he stopped dracula and his clan of vampires, he fought the high evolutionary when that dude was trying to kill 99% of the population, he fought loki when loki tried to recruit him to destroy the avengers, ff and x-men

>he stopped the brood from taking over earth a long time ago, he stopped dracula and his clan of vampires, he fought the high evolutionary when that dude was trying to kill 99% of the population, he fought loki when loki tried to recruit him to destroy the avengers, ff and x-men
But that's for his own selfish goals.
Here he is straight out an hero

Bane?

It says nothing about his motivations here.

I'm not sure about Hero, but apparently Thanos and Adam Warlock become catalytic fulcrums when needed to regulate things the other Abstracts can't or don't.

Not really clear how or why that's the case, thematically I get it but Starlin's only sort of alluded to it being from their nature and experiences not really why the powers that be have put it upon them over making conventional Abstracts for the position like Lord Chaos and Master Order, then again I recall the Living Tribunal did tell the Abstracts during Infinity Gauntlet that their positions were not appointed by any choice but sheer utility, and they could all be usurped by anyone willing to make themselves more utilized, so maybe it's just the way of it. Point is Thanos at times is inadvertently "good" even if not heroic.

>Bane?
Beowulf's bane?

What does Starlin think about MCU's Thanos again?

He liked him.
>Point is Thanos at times is inadvertently "good" even if not heroic.
Thanos Imperative had him team up with the good guys briefly to take the fight against Lord Mar-Vell, though of course that was eventually for his own gain too.

>He liked him.
Now I hate Jim Starlin

Why? There's a good reason he liked him: Marvel Studios openly reached out to him for consultation on the character and clearly received royalties and perks because of it, of course he was going to like it.
This was also during the time when Marvel Editorial basically snubbed him and didn't give him the main Thanos ongoing after Lemire and instead gave it to Donny Cates, which ended up stealing key plot points from Starlin's own OGN's (and some of the scripts that were already on the works) for Thanos Wins and Cosmic Ghost Rider. There's a reason for everything.

Okay, I get it.
I loved 90's Jim Starlin and now I hate the current Jim Starlin
friendly reminder that if Thanos doesn't want to fuck a skeleton he isn't Thanos.

I think the comic said it was because he felt mankind worthy of a chance

And I thought the X-Men movies couldn't ruin him enough

Are you not reading the latest trilogy? Thanos: Infinity Ending comes out next month.

I thought it was the Marvel thing to have heroes, that sometimes doing the wrong things - and eventualy, villains that doing good sometimes.

What if there's more than heros and villains. Like, a grey area, what if it's literally always been this way in X-Men?

>Are you not reading the latest trilogy? Thanos: Infinity Ending comes out next month.
It's shit that I don't care about
Thanos should have been killed by Drax in Annihilation and stayed dead FOREVER

>What if there's more than heros and villains. Like, a grey area, what if it's literally always been this way in X-Men?
But Apocalypse was an Anti-Hero from the time he defeated Dracula.
But now he is a hero-hero

This I think suddenly explains his appearances on Excalibur.

That was never going to happen, but okay. Sorry that you're not enjoying it.

>That was never going to happen, but okay. Sorry that you're not enjoying it.
Well it should happen because now everything is turning into shit.
And something doesn't become less shit because an hack writer tell me I have to accept their hack writing

Alright man.

>first mutant
>younger than Selene
They either need stop saying that or retcon the Externals.

>They either need stop saying that or retcon the Externals.
Don't give them ideas

Alright then!

>implying getting rid of the Externals is a bad thing
Ripped off the Eternals damn name pun that doesn't even make sense

He would let the war rage on and the weak die in the process.

Marvel is pure shit now.

"I cant let these filthy demons eat my slaves"

>Marvel is pure shit now.
>now
user, it was from 2016

more like 2014

How's that Batman Who Keks going for you? I heard Quinn is gonna write a really fun story in that amazingly contrived Dark Multiverse. Can't wait!

>How's that Batman Who Keks going for you? I heard Quinn is gonna write a really fun story in that amazingly contrived Dark Multiverse. Can't wait!
You think I still care about DC comics? I don't. After Rebirth everything got stupid and corny.
I don't even like Harley Quinn, she was just a fap-waifu character Bruce Timm forced in the Batman's canon because he liked to fap with his drawing hand

More like 1960

It's sort of implied but never outright stated.

support illyana in the Ms. Yea Forums contest, x-bros

hero vs hero events is all they have in the well, so they need to make all their villains redeemed or acceptable to the heroes so they can include them in eternal good guy vs good guy events that lead into each other. Plus then it's just another low hanging fruit set up for another "Oh no, former bad guy is bad again!" episode

>Apocalypse
>hero
Wasn't it that supposed to be the motif of Evan/Genesis?

>hero vs hero events is all they have in the well, so they need to make all their villains redeemed or acceptable to the heroes so they can include them in eternal good guy vs good guy events that lead into each other. Plus then it's just another low hanging fruit set up for another "Oh no, former bad guy is bad again!" episode
I think now they pull the Earth-3 trope of Multiversal villain than in mainstream Univese is hero.
So we will have just Evil SpiderMan vs Good Spiderman

I nominated her. Does she not have any supporters?

>is retconned to actually have been an hero all along

He has been for at least a decade, when he helped Imhotep repel the Brood invasion. It's in his interest to preserve the world he lives in, y'know

>He has been for at least a decade, when he helped Imhotep repel the Brood invasion. It's in his interest to preserve the world he lives in, y'know
That was more an anti-hero that cared about his selfish reasons

What does being a hero in Marvel Comics even fucking mean anymore. Marvel’s supposed Wonder Woman is an outright fascist and the real Cap is a Nazi

>Marvel’s supposed Wonder Woman is an outright fascist and the real Cap is a Nazi
Princess Power?

He means Carol, which is dumb anyway because that was in Civil War II, same as Steve whose "nazi" story was in Secret Empire.

>implying
To quote X-Men TAS Apocalypse: Malevolent? I merely am!

We need more support!

Go vote, then: