Was the JLA wild card pre-crisis, could survive anything short of universe exploding and take on Superman

>was the JLA wild card pre-crisis, could survive anything short of universe exploding and take on Superman
>constantly jobs in any modern JLA comic
What happened to him?

Attached: xDyXuDD[1].jpg (1988x3056, 964K)

Meh,Hal just gets better feats in his own stuff, nothing too bad.

Team book writers don't respect the GL lore or their massive scale. They're all jobbers now so they don't steal Batman and Superman's spotlight.
You Hal doing crazy shit, stick to his own comics.

Attached: 6386184-6315116129-14.jp.jpg (1988x3056, 1.67M)

Hal is currently twice as strong as any other GL and he's having trippy multiverse adventures right now. And even before that he was doing some crazy shit. You're about 20 years behind.

>20 years
52 wasn't THAT long ago.

Attached: 52a8349bdf188d1b872f6e9d53447427[1].jpg (1000x500, 189K)

At least he didn't job as hard as the others when fighting his evil Batman.

Attached: green-lantern-hal-jordan-vs-the-dawnbreaker-3.jpg (1988x3056, 1019K)

fuck I love Guy
what comic is this
I think human lanterns in general are just better

Vendetti’s Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

Well ya GL counters Batman. Batman relies on fear and darnkess while GLs use light and courage

Damn it, I've been putting off reading Vendetti's GL stuff after his shit Red Lantern run.
I know his run starts of boring but does it get any better?

His New 52 GL works were shit, but his Rebirth Hal and Pals are good

Were the Jessica GL comic worth reading?
I kinda got bored of most GL comics after Geoff's run ended.
Morrison brought me back in.

GL movie bombing. cape heroes rise and fall based on perceived popularity.

>What happened to him?
He's fine, literally what the fuck happened to Baz

who cares? Baz was boring

Well, Dawnkbreaker specifically countered light, so he still lost, he just didn't go out like a bitch.

Attached: Hal-Jordan-The-Green-Lantern-Corps-32-Dark-Nights-Metal-Bats-Out-of-Hell-spoilers-6.jpg (1988x3056, 1.54M)

>Didn't job as hard as the others
He got beaten off-screen.
I would have wanted him to be the only one who either stalemates or wins against his Batman counterpart.

>human lanterns better
Bias much? A whole universe of space cops, but let's focus on and make humans the best. Bioware.

About half of Jess and Simon's comic is alright. The rest is Jurgens trash.

Considering what a boring steamroll most of that story was I would've appreciated that.

It was fun. Pairing off Jess and Simon definitely made it work better than either of them solo would have

I've always thought it was weird how badly GLs jobbed when they were supposed to be an entire universe-wide police officers, all with the power of like, 80% of Superman's.

GLs work on ninja logic
the lose power in as their numbers increase

Sort of like sometimes Superman can take on Darkseid by himself but other times he needs a team.

Hal might be worse than Flash at being godly and undefeatable in his own book, while being a complete joke and next to useless in crossover events and team books.

GL solo series Hal can handle New Gods, take on Brainiac without too much trouble, 1v1 powered up Zod, fistfight Henshaw and win, and do wacky shit like close up black holes, casually bounce between dimensions and universes,

Team Hal gets his shit wrecked by Lobo in the most one sided fights imaginable. Cannot handle 3 or more parademons attacking him. And is mostly deregulated to carrying the non flying heroes places and making forcefields that all enemies will effortlessly break through.

>You're about 20 years behind
8 years. He became the butt of the joke again in early new 52. Which is weird since that JL run was written by Johns

Oof, the blueballing in this issue was unforgivable

DC has a hard rule that no one is allowed to outshine Superman or Batman ever. Does not matter what they do in their own books, no one is allowed to look better than Superman or Batman.

>GL solo series Hal can handle New Gods
Most times I remember him coming into contact with New Gods was him getting rag dolled. Hell, the whole Lanterns vs New Genesis event was a big stomp until they brought in Black Hand, including the All Father with the white light smacking fucking Parallax out of Sinestro.

I know right? Give him a great speech, make him use something new (as far as I know) like strobe light from the ring, hype up a big fight, maybe he'll be the one to do it.

cut

He lost.

>new 52 justice league
Ah yes one run and he's been the butt of jokes for forever. Let's not take into account he was also taking on the New Gods and a guy trying to wipe out the universe in his own comic.

If you're not Batman, Superman, or occasionally Wonder Woman you're not going to get much spotlight in a team book

>Which is weird since that JL run was written by Johns

I still half-believe that theory that someone was ghostwriting early Justice League and just throwing Johns' name on it because it made a complete 180 in quality around the time Trinity War happened and Forever Evil started getting set up.

>I still half-believe that theory that someone was ghostwriting early Justice League and just throwing Johns' name on it because it made a complete 180 in quality around the time Trinity War happened and Forever Evil started getting set up.
Same. I'd bet money it was Jim Lee. The weird thing is the change in the final issue of the first arc when there's suddenly this narration by someone part of a family the the JL save during the issue. Like Johns started to look at the script and was like "nonononono" and did some quick revisions to the last issue.

Reminds me of SCW when all the Earth Lanterns were mowing down Sinestros by the dozen like it was nothing. Always thought that was kinda funny.

>thread is about Hal jobbing in Justice League comics
>passive aggressive remarks about how he was outside Justice League comics

To be fair jobber lanterns are significantly less powerful than named lanterns, who themselves are significantly less powerful than the Four Musketeers from Earth
To be unfair, even jobber lanterns shouldn't go down to one shot