FRANK MILLER Returns to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS for THE GOLDEN CHILD

newsarama.com/46920-frank-miller-returns-to-the-dark-knight-returns-for-the-golden-child.html

>Frank Miller will return to hisDark Knight Returnscontinuity forThe Golden Child, a one-shot written by Miller with art from Rafael Grampa and colorist Jordie Bellaire. Reported byEntertainment Weekly,Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Childis set three years afterThe Dark Knight III: The Master Raceand will focus on Jonathan Kent, the son of Superman and Wonder Woman in this DC alternate continuity.

>Jonathan Kent appeared as a infant inThe Master Race, while his sister Lara - also the child of Superman and Wonder Woman - held a more central role in limited series.
>Carrie Kelly, who debuted in the originalThe Dark Knight Returnsas Robin and then grew to become Batwoman forMaster Race, will also be a part ofThe Golden Child."Carrie is, as always, the smartest kid on the block," Miller said. "She was also trained by someone who is not cowed by power. Even knowing that she is not a ‘superhero’ in terms of powers, she will not accept anything that in any way smacks of subjugation. Look at her! She began her superhero career by running away from home. She was a rebel from the get-go."

Attached: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNjQvNDcyL29yaWdpbmFsL0RhcmtLbmlnaHRSZXR1cm5zLUdv (902x1400, 2.13M)

ENOUGH

Easily buying it for Grampa art alone

I guess Uncle Frank wants more Superman and Year One wasn't enough

>Frank Miller
Oh. not agai-
>Rafael MOTHERFUCKING Grampá
BABY WANTS IT NAOOOOOW

Attached: 1b3.jpg (965x952, 126K)

The costume looks good, but those goofy gloves ruins it.

>the costume looks good but those goofy gloves make it awesome
FTFy

Some preview art:

Attached: EEWXcnfXoAALTcK.jpg (1800x2795, 777K)

Attached: EEWXcmuWwAEG7X1.jpg (1800x2790, 964K)

Did Bruce survive DK3?

Everyone survived.

I want to scratch that crotch

Liefeld was right about DC

what did he say about DC?

This comic sounds pretty good, I like it just how I like this gif of spinning toast.

Attached: Floaty_Toast.gif (120x120, 140K)

Get some better taste. The gloves look too huge and "poofy."

>more tacked on bullshit to an already overrated comic
>still won't give us more Ronin or Martha Washington

Attached: 1565154461329.jpg (454x418, 27K)

Putting all your eggs into one Batman basket is a recipe for mediocrity

>with art from Rafael Grampa
Awesome

Attached: image-1.jpg (1500x1874, 812K)

Is Eddie Murphy gonna be in it?

Not that user but that's his style and it's great; your taste seems basic and boring

I'm getting Quitely vibes, good shit

It's weird seeing her in a normal art style.

>Frank Miller
>Rafael Grampa

Attached: Shut-up-and-take-my-money[1].jpg (2560x1600, 322K)

Is no one gonbatalk about her touching the ground?
And why does their son look like megamind

Ronin doesn't need a sequel

She did that at the end of DK3 to signify her accepting her dad's life

Did anyone even read dk 3?

apparently enough people for them to come back and beat this dead horse again

Musta not been paying attention. Is the son gonna go all oh holier then thou now instead?
Hes looking pretty douchey

I hope not because it's the same thing Lara went through, although Lara was raised by Diana and the rest of Dyke Island while Clark fucked off with the polar bears.

Fuck yes. Rafael Grampa doesn't do nearly enough comics

Design is cool, reminds me of Joker from P5

This looks amazing. And Miller's been getting his mojo back (Superman Year One is shaping up to be one of the best minis of the decade), so this should probably be pretty great.

Miller's only really only ever written like 3 bad comics. TDKSA, ASBARTBW, and HT. He's been fine (and occasionally pretty great) since returning to comics mid-decade.

You're an idiot. This is easily the worst post in the entire thread.

Martha Washington's dead, dude.

When does this come out?

December.

That shot of him floating seems like he will. Plus the book needs an antagonist. If not him msybe hes the golden child

December 11 under Black Label.
It will also feature variants from Frank Miller, Paul Pope, Joëlle Jones, and Andy Kubert in addition to an addivional cover from prampa.

What Earth is the Dark Knight set on?

so does your vagina

Very happy it's written by Miller without a co writer

Planet Sin City

Actually pretty cool! I didn't hate Master Race, and Last Crusade was pretty good. So I hope this is more of that, and the preview art looks very cool. Appealing and powerful.

Fucking awesome.

Why does he have such a big ass head

I love Martha Washington, but her story has been told.

She literally died in her last comic.

It matches his father's from Superman Year One. I mean that. Just like there it serves to show their "otherness"

Jesus Christ stop.
DKR was just okay and all of the sequels were terrible. We don't need more.

Why enter a frank Miller thread just to bait people?

>Le TDKR wasnt that good
Just leave you aren't going to name a better capeshit story. I'd maybe accept Year One, Born Again or Watchmen.

These threads are always just men in dresses crying.

It was fine
Strikes again sure sucked tho.

i want off mr. miller's wild ride

Master Race and Superman Year One are both good. Mite b cool

Attached: file.png (499x381, 211K)

It's pretty standard fare of artists (across all media) to shit on their own work. They think it's "cool" but I just find it obnoxious.

you're a baby back bitch faggot, he's the best creator DC employs

>Dark Knight
>Miller
Are you fuckin....

>Grampa
... huh...

>Rafael Grampa and Jordie Bellaire together
oh god

Thats a tasty toast. Based user.

>Superman year one
>good
The fuck? The prose is so atrocious it’s painful to read

its better than anything Tomasi, Johns or Bendis could ever do

No, it’s on the same level as king

Miller said he wanted to do a DC story with their characters from the WWII era. I don't know if he's referring to Blackhawks and Sgt. Rock or the JSA, most probably the latter ones since he said he wanted to show Superman freeing people from concentration camps. When is that one coming?

>jordie bellaire
DROPPED

Shit taste

Are you the guy that constantly posts that Punisher page?

Even if that were true it doesn't mean it's good, brainlet.

no
Frank Miller is blessing dumb ass DC fans with another based story
Tom King could never, not once deliver

it is true and it is good, Super-tard

ASBAR is one of the finest works of satire ever written

The first issue was mediocre. The second issue is one of the best single issues of the year.

The 5 best superhero stories of all time are The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Year One, The Elektra Saga, Born Again, and Foolkiller. 4 out of 5 by the same writer. Dude in his heyday was without peer.

the first issue is the best Superman origin except For All Seasons

Why do millerfags have such fucking shit taste jesus

I am not going to give examples of other writer's works because I know what road that would take this thread down but TDKR was pretty weak compared to most of Miller's other stuff. It was just an interesting idea told in a fairly serviceable way.

What's wrong with Bellaire's colors?

lol

they have better taste than any Morrisonfag

the chad Miller strikes again

He hasn't done a comic since 2013 and that was just a short in Batman Black and White. 2009 was the last time he drew a full comic issue for a Hellblazer special.

He's been directing short films and commercials in Brazil. That and drawing covers

Not possible with that godawful art

>All these seething retards on other places, foaming at the mouth that based Frank gets work
How can you hate this man?

Attached: frank_knows_what_we_want.jpg (1024x831, 263K)

I disagree that SYO or For All Seasons are better than Birthright, but JRJR is doing stellar work on SYO.

He's total shit on the first issue because he can't draw children to save his life

You have shit taste, go pretend Gleason is good you fucking manchild

If Gleason is bad, who is good?