Hypothetically is there any possibility at all of the Archie Sonic comics coming back...

Hypothetically is there any possibility at all of the Archie Sonic comics coming back? Can some kind of rights deal be struck up in the future?

Attached: Sonic_the_hedgehog_188_cover.jpg (1953x3000, 742K)

No. None. Zero. Nil. It's gone, let it go user.

The problem is not the rights. The problem is the japanese SEGA branch.

There's a possibility of them being sold again in some form, especially the later ones.

There's absolutely no possibility of it coming back as a regular comic because:
-It's been gone too long and has already been replaced, so it has no weight as a brand.
-It's not distinct enough from the core franchise aesthetically to have any sort of strong push to return rather than the current iteration taking cues from it.
-Most of the content that was original to it wasn't very good and is tied up in legal shenanigans regardless, most of the content that wasn't original to it was either way off brand or too close to the core brand to make a difference.

The best you're ever going to see is something like someone finally dusting off Bunnie in a decade or two because she actually hit the right balance of iconography, general popularity without strong negative feelings and being a relic of a dead age. The comic itself is never coming back, and good fucking riddance. The only strength it had was as a storytelling platform, but the writers were obsessed with continuity and wasting time setting things up for years.

I'm sure there's a possibility for a fan comic that does a good job of replacing it. I guess there's already one that's also trying to do a really badly animated show as well.

>I'm sure there's a possibility for a fan comic that does a good job of replacing it.
Fans have been trying to do a followup to the old continuity for years. They got like two issues out.

The IDW people did say they might, possibly, have the Archie characters in there at some point.

I mean, it's not like it's explicitly stated in-universe to be a different story or universe, and it's not restarting a story from scratch, so it's possible that it could be reconciled as a continuation. Hell, even Sonic Boom, barring Robotnik's design change, could be put in.

Kind of like how TTGO is not explicitly a reboot, storywise, and could be seen as in the same timeline as TT.

Of course, TTGO having no story helps.

Nobody knows what the rights situation is and Sega has always hated the Archie comics
I think if IDW are pushed for it they MIGHT be able to reprint some of the Archie stuff. Maybe finishing off Mega Drive, since that last issue was finished but never released. But we're not getting anything new from that universe

Damn I can do better than that. But I wouldn't do it for free so I'd never bother.

The hell are you talking about? It is a new story (with elements from Forces and a reused story from Archie reboot). The Archie cast is nothing but dead and gone, no characters know who the hell the FF are.

The only way I see them coming back is as side characters or just reprints without any of the copyrighted characters.

It's actually four issues and five more issues worth of what are basically pitches and try-outs. They've been going since the reboot like six years ago and there's a shitload of people who work on these.

>The IDW people did say they might, possibly, have the Archie characters in there at some point.
Ian said that, and he's lied plenty of times to keep the autistic fans sated. What he really meant is he'll keep asking and Sega will keep saying "no wtf stop it."
>I mean, it's not like it's explicitly stated in-universe to be a different story or universe, and it's not restarting a story from scratch, so it's possible that it could be reconciled as a continuation.
>They could easily alienate their new audience a few years in by saying "actually we're a continuation of an old comic all along!"
Sounds like a good plan.

>Hell, even Sonic Boom, barring Robotnik's design change, could be put in.
>Kind of like how TTGO is not explicitly a reboot, storywise, and could be seen as in the same timeline as TT.
>Of course, TTGO having no story helps.
Dude you're dense.

I keep saying it, someone will bring Bunnie back eventually. She doesn't have Sally or Antoine's baggage, has a unique look, and is fairly popular with the core audience.

Might be 20 years, but it'll happen.

>It's actually four issues and five more issues worth of what are basically pitches and try-outs. They've been going since the reboot like six years ago and there's a shitload of people who work on these.
So basically the problem is this.

Attached: too many cooks.jpg (1300x650, 99K)

That and the fact that nobody is getting paid, nobody can actually write, and the people in charge are about as idea guy as you can get, yeah. They make STCO look organized and competent. Trying to make a fan continuation that isn't episodic, picaresque fan jams is a disaster waiting to happen.

No, Archie Sonic is dead as it gets.

Archie has lost the license, so they can't bring it back, even then SEGA fucking hates Archie for their repeated fuck-ups, so they aren't likely to ever get the license back. A shitton of characters from the continuity are forever trapped in license hell since Archie fucked up with the contracts and now Penders and some other literally who own most of the characters, and we all know Penders won't let them go for any reason, believing them to be his trump card to get back into comics. So the odds of those characters ever being released for reprints much less new material is less than zero. It's not coming back, it's not ever likely to come back, it's not even likely to get reprints of the old issues in the future. We will never get a resolution to any of the pre-crisis wave storylines, or post-crisis wave storylines.

The best we can hope for is some of the core FF's that Penders can't claim ownership of might possibly appear at some point in the future, but given SEGA's feelings about Archie, that much isn't likely either. Even if they did come back, they wouldn't be likely to be able to bring their past with them, so they would just be another OC.

One word, "CRISIS."

Attached: 733821.jpg (600x927, 115K)

Sega US and Archie editors wanted to keep it going.
Sega Japan and Archie executives wanted it to die.
Sega Japan and Archie executives hate each other, but they agree that they don't want to go back. It ain't coming back.

No. You should feel some shame for even comtemplating this.

And the American branch, and the european, and Archie themselves.

The most you'll get is some other publisher in tandem with Sega buying the files, if they even see any value in printing any of the run. Similar to how IDW purchased Archie's Turtles content.

Was there anything good with this comic? I got it when I was a lad and had burgers but remember none of it.

You mean that shitty story DC keeps trotting out?

That's kinda like asking if Batman or Superman is good. It's like 500 issues of comics. There's some stuff you might like and plenty you won't. Just look up a handful of stories by each writer on the wiki or something and see if it appeals.

They already have the same writer, who cares.

I think its all because they love jerking it to one specific character so much that they don't want to admit their interest in Archie comics is completely for their own sexual stimulation.

Personally I never liked Archie. The early issues were terrible unfunny and after that it was a bad scifi story they tried shoehorning Sonic into.

Attached: 557.png (595x703, 332K)

>The early issues were terrible unfunny
Some of them were.
Some of them were pretty funny, and Manak's art was pretty solid if flat. Sure as hell better than IDW's been from a writing perspective.

Nope. Archiefags BTFO

Attached: 1567137364434.jpg (894x894, 99K)

Mostly no, but it had its moments. Some characters and ideas that were interesting in theory if not in execution.

>Some of them were

No. No, they were shit, child. Bazooka Joe wrappers had better jokes. You have to let go.

Attached: 73fcb64066cb8b3fd2ab9fed9c1012c5.jpg (293x508, 64K)

There is none, at all. But we got something better, so it's all okay

Attached: 1546054498340.gif (205x210, 225K)

None. It's over Ken. Give it up.

>IDW
>better
That’s some delicious cardboard you’re chewing.

Archie
Sonic

It's perfect for what it is.

>It's perfect for what it is.
It's barely anything.

It's high quality writing with great art, along with some of the original art team. Wtf do you want

>It's high quality writing with great art

Attached: 1560897980618.jpg (997x900, 75K)

Did you hate the last Archie issues? If so I guess you complaining is valid.

No. Just like the Adventure formula, it's not coming back to matter how much you want it to.

Tangle and Whisper > Sally and the Freedom Fighters

Archie Sonic Online doesn't follow the last issues, it follows the pre-reboot stuff.
And the art is mediocre and writing is passable at best. It's hardly more notable than any Sonic fanfiction out there.

>dude I'm cool because I have chosen to make a sweeping statement about a piece of media
Nah.
Some of them were actually pretty good kids' comics. Not a lot, but some. I'm not gonna adjust my answer just to posture on an internet forum.