Why haven't you grown out of superheroes yet?

Why haven't you grown out of superheroes yet?

Attached: animal-man-26-6.png (648x596, 668K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's hokey as fuck but Morrison having that diatribe and then bringing his family back anyway always gives me the warm fuzzies.

Because they’re a popular media form right now and even normies read them. Stop trying to shame people for reading.

>grown out of life

Attached: You.jpg (1080x978, 519K)

just because its popular doesnt mean you have to read the same thing for decades

It's been 9 months when the fuck would they print Vol.2?
Protip:(((((Vertigo))))) will release papercuck version of Vol.2 at 02/18/20. Yet no Vol.2

Attached: images (2).jpg (700x1080, 210K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-13-16-29-55~2.png (1080x525, 280K)

The same reason you haven't grown out of posting on Yea Forums.

When was the last time adulthood looked like anything worth joining. It's been at least 30 years since the spending money of children has powered the economy. It has to be only a small burst at Christmas that a healthy adult economy rarely relied on to get by but it seems for the last 30 years latchkey children and urban orphans have been the only people who had disposable income. Not including the evil looking yuppie winners who, let's be honest, look like they are forcing themselves chemically to enjoy their cannibalistic mercenary lifestyle, adult just doesn't look very good.

Is this the fucking moonman?

Yes. Have Sex, Incel.

Attached: havesex.jpg (1079x1114, 511K)

Because they are just a theme or genre of stories.
Who thinks superheroes are only immature or kids stuff is very low brow.
Or do people need to grow out of James Bond, Sherlok Holmes, GoT, Romcom, Horror movies, Action movies?

Attached: image.png (700x851, 701K)

Because some writer are incompetent, doesnt mean there are no pearls

Actually he was lambasting common things in 90’s comics at the time so your point is both missed and useless OP.

Dont forget sports, computer or tv/cinema.

Correction, normies watch them. Normies don't buy comics or the industry wouldn't be in a state of permanent crisis

Movies or video games adaptations kept their stories as simple as they can and thus are very different from what you see in comics so it's not without reason.

>30 years later and people still didn't catch on despite Animal Man being hailed as a "classic."
I'm sorry Grant.
The industry failed you, just like it failed Harlan.

Come on now, Flex Mentallo is way above your average capeshit

I waited so fucking long for them to print vol 2 and 3 of this that I went out and bought the old trades anyway

The point user is making is that you don't have to be clever at all times and only enjoy high brow stuff.
Sometimes reading the funnies is good for you.

And That's a Good Thing!

You gonna say why it's not instead of barking memes? Any sort of rationale behind why relaxing occasionally and enjoying simple (but not necessarily bad) stories isn't good for you?

>I LOVE GRANT MORRISON! HE'S FULLY AWARE SUPERHEROES ARE STUPID BUT HE WRITES THEM LIKE THAT'S CHARMING
>WACKY 6D QUANTUM DIMENSIONAL HIJINKS IS WHAT COMICS ARE ALL ABOUT

Attached: 1566271254544.png (454x520, 11K)

>I am only able to communicate through shitposting meme templates and strawmen
>Please validate me by disputing the intentional misrepresentation of the argument I have provided.
I pity (You).

Attached: We Like Ike.png (604x578, 328K)

80s. Retard.

you say it as if it were a bad thing

>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T POST MEMES THAT TRIGGER PEOPLE! MUH SERIOUS DISCUSSION

Attached: 1545809685606.jpg (1080x1020, 191K)

Because it corrodes your brain, dumbass. There's a saying, you are what you consume and when all you consume is brainless trash, well, you become brainless trash.
I'm not even going to bother mentioning how dumb it would be to champion low brow stories using a high brow story
>sometimes reading the funnies is good for you
Hilarious how you can reach this conclusion when it's clearly stated, black letters on white speech bubbles "sometimes you just need to go out and meet some girls". You're a hilarious example of someone misinterpreting a work, the point is that comics are a wonderful thing but sometimes you need to put them down and go out, interact with people and create connections, otherwise you'll end up a friendless, depressed shut in obsessing about comics and drawing naked chicks and then masturbating over them.

I can't because the most talented artists work almost exclusively on capeshit

Here's another (You) for your low effort posts. Feed me another and we can continue in perpetuity while discarding the pretense of a discussion.

Attached: Dick Tracy.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>ignores that flex is also pointing out that he's a superhero and simple stories like his exist to be read and give you inspiration and incentive to do other things instead of obsessing over how smart you are
>implies that simply reading a simple story once in a while will somehow corrode your brain
>ignores that I'm talking about the point user was making by posting that, not the point of the text of Flex Mentallo itself
But you know, maybe you're right. Maybe the sheer act of enjoying superhero stuff ever at any point is a cancer upon me. I dunno.

Maybe I'll just cast a glance at this old issue of Plastic Man an-naannnnn.a-ohh, oh GOD, OH GOOOOOOOD, MY IQ, IT'S-IT'S MELTTLTLIIIINGF FUHFUUFUCCKKK MY BRAAAAIAINNNGGSSSS UUUUGUGHHH

BATMAN IS BEST SUPERHERO, MARVEL IS STOOPID, GOOD READS, READ BATMAN, OONGA BOONGA

I guess they have planned to finish the printing at 2020? Because the run ended on 1990?

This. Comics are like chinese factory for the TV business. Sure that's where the iPhone came from, but....

>reading a simple story once in a while
Well isn't that a big fucking difference

They listen to people on youtube summarize comics

Calm down, sperglord. All I can think about when reading your shitpost is this
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

>Well isn't that a big fucking difference
Not really, no. I said
>you don't have to be clever at all times and only enjoy high brow stuff.
>Sometimes reading the funnies is good for you.
The argument was always "it's okay to read simple things occasionally."

>Calm down
I am calm, I just wanted to take the piss.

>Get out of the house
I think this means getting out of your comfort zone of taste?

Keyword: "sometimes".
>tfw going on a date for the first time in years tonight

Attached: 1476913192387.jpg (900x675, 202K)

Smash that puss, Kakashi-Sensei.

This actually happens when you have sex

Because I like superheroes?

Close, it's more like a Jekyll and Hyde thing where you turn into the caveman when someone else is around your girl.

No. Well, maybe, but it also means literally get out of the fucking house.

Which isn't the point. The point is to go out and stop obsessing about men in tights all day. They can be fun to read but don't obsess over them.

>inb4 Ahhhhhh I should stay home and reading comics at readcomics.com instead of getting mass shooted

American problems.

What makes you think user is obsessive about it?

replace mass shooting for a gang rape yuropoor

When will you grow out of sucking dicks, faggot OP?

It's the point of the comic, bud. Did you lose yourself(in the moment etc)?

cuz i need to write my heroes to exorcise them. I will be able to delegate eventually, when i can trust things

I never actually made the connection between that character and that racist moonman shit /pol/ loves. This panel works even better now.

Still America.

Yeah.
And user posted as a counter point to OP, which I took to mean "it's okay to read silly shit sometimes," because that's absolutely a part of it. Flex is part of our lives even if he's not the core of it.

You gonna keep bending over backwards to tell me how right you are or are you going to accept that you're just trying to pick fights over nothing?

And you're bending over backwards because you can't accept that you're wrong and completly missed the point of a comic. Bravo. Now try taking Flex's advice and go out and meet some girls.

On the other point, it's jews who want us dead because watching world makes them realize what they are missing:God.

>pick fights over nothing
That's all indiefags ever do. I'm sure they turned more people off wanting to read more than capes than they actually converted.
Fuck this shit thread and fuck faggot OP for not doing something productive instead like a storytime instead of bitching about what other people like.

Goddammit dude, you're completely missing the point. The point is not "comics rot your brain, get out of the house and get laid", the point is "comics are simple stories that can help you through life, now stop obsessing over them and go get laid".

>comics are simple stories that can help you through life, now stop obsessing over them and go get laid
This is what I've said from the start. You can't be such a goof that you're going to pretend you don't know there are people in this world obsessed with superheroes, obsessed with brands, obsessed with statistics quo and dumb irrelevant little facts about superheroes. It would be silly to do that.

>You're wrong
About what?
I never said the comic was about that.
I said user was saying that.
Only user can tell you if I was wrong or not.
Calm the fuck down.

I actually hope the SJW destroy capeshit comics and movies.

Does capeshit make you realize what you are missing?

Imagine being this much of a joyless retard :)

>some

Yes

>moon man

You’re a hokage to me bro, crush some puss

Just because you post something right with your dead meme pictures that doesn't make it any less right.

>Or do people need to grow out of James Bond,

Yes. Le Carre is much better.

>Sherlock Holmes,

No, because even though they’re simple on the surface, the books still have an odd sophistication and depth.

>GoT,

Fuck Yes. It’s like something made by a fat gamer who thinks lots of tucking and then randomly killing people because he rolled a 20 is grown-up storytelling. Oh wait, it is.

>Romcom,

Yes.

>Horror movies,

Depends on the movies, but generally, yes.

>Action movies?

Definitely. These are brainless crap for retards.

>some
Even saying "most" would be an understatement
Yes

they're cool

actually a solid advice

The only thing I’m missing for not reading capeshit is shity American media.

I see, we understand eachother.

user, this is your mother aka OP. ask a different time

Why haven't you grown out of Yea Forums yet?

user what do you even like?

I have, I only read edgy comics like Crossed for adults like myself.

I'll shove you into a locker

Unironically this, this place is far more destructive for your social abilities and mental health than comics or pop culture will ever be. At some point you ought to find a more stable and productive place to discuss your interests

Because they're fun.

Attached: 1566274496389.gif (125x125, 8K)

Superheroes are adults. There should not be a point in which you grow out of them.

Good luck, user.

>this place is far more destructive for your social abilities and mental health than comics or pop culture will ever be

I stopped using Facebook and I'm less depressed now. I haven't quite been able to wean myself off of Yea Forums yet though.

Thanks for posting this, user. Bait threads are the only comic threads that get any traction these days.
Good work.

because i still like reading them

I was too poor to afford superhero comics as a kid and also really afraid of being seen as a nerd.
I never started playing around with computers until I was around 16 either.
None of that helped at all and I'm still an autistic failure at 26.
I like reading superhero comics because my life is very boring and depressing and I want at least some positive energy.
A lot of people bitching about escapism are extremely sheltered and naive and give out garbage Stoic platitudes.
Epictetus had a crutch for his leg but there's no such thing as a crutch for the mind.
If it's you that's the problem, you that's disfigured, not the limbs or the face or anything of the body but you.
Well I don't have a solution either but I don't think Stoicism cuts it or at least the garbage platitudes the foolish and privileged spout don't work.

What superheroes do you enjoy, user?

Beg pardon?

Pretentious shit for rich assholes.

I've never been a character fag.

The same reason earlier generations continued to like Tarzan, or the Shadow, or Holmes. Once we stopped destroying our childhood possessions as a rite of passage to adulthood we realized that we could still enjoy the things we liked at earlier ages. In my case I now have the buying power to purchase only what I like, and thanks to modern technology I can easily get my hands on those things. I can't bring myself to follow comics like I used to, I had a pull-box for a time, but that's because of the crearive decisions and overall quality not because I'm "too old" for superheroes.

>It’s like something made by a fat gamer
While overhyped, these books really aren't as you've described them.

This, but who even cares if it’s popular right now?