Sony offered 30% of movie sales, 100% of toy sales, and Venom in the MCU

> Sony offered 30% of movie sales, 100% of toy sales, and Venom in the MCU
> Disney rejected this offer
> Here we are today without Peter Parker

Holy fuck. Does the mouse even care about the fans?

Attached: ewda.jpg (1080x1307, 84K)

Of course they don't. I feel embarrassed for you that you even asked.

Disney acquires things to distort them or snuff them.

>Venom in the MCU
They'd only want this so they could kill Eddie off and do Agent Venom.

Depends on what you mean by fans?
If you mean The unimaginative filler bodies who can't trace a line between the Spider-verse to What If, the empty silence of no solutions for how to put Venom into Amazing Spider-Man Cinematic Universe, bringing back Garfield, giving him an amazing sacrifice and then burning in Holland through a portal that who cares about those "voices" hence But if you mean fans of I to The Spider-verse, fans of Holland, folks who are hoping that the separation between Sony and Disney could allow for Deadpool-like mature/funny films, I don't I la where THOSE fans are hiding. Maybe Alaska.

What the fuck were you even trying to say?

he is literally talking about "fans" like you
LMAO

So fans like

Here’s your (You)

>30% of several billion
What kind of retard would take that deal when they could make 100% instead?

>any company larger than a garage
>caring about people
Pick one

Attached: joke.png (1366x768, 1.11M)

Pretty sure what Disney didn't like there is the inclusion of Venom, nobody gave a shit about that movie, plus Disney wanted pic related to be Eddie instead

Attached: 484933_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 238K)

>Does Disney even care about the fans?
>Taking the time to consider this question
>Taking any amount of time to consider this question.
Holy shit OP you're the dumbest person on this board.

Attached: 1493940303048.jpg (304x400, 41K)

It was 30% of the opening weekend iirc. It's better than the deal they got for the first 2 films, but still kinda bullshit all things considered.

What toy sales? That's not for Sony to offer, Disney already had the toy rights.

Sony already sold the merch rights back to Marvel in 2011, Disney got and will continue to get 100% of the toy sales regardless of any MCU Sony deal.

Thad mother fucking Castle, yes.

>meanwhile in the SMU (Sony Marvel Universe)

Attached: IMG_20190808_110257.jpg (590x502, 51K)

no they dont care about the fans, they care about the fans money. They go by the numbers and they wanted more and got greedy.

The official name is "Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters"

> Sony offered 30% of movie sales, 100% of toy sales, and Venom in the MCU
> Disney rejected this offer

Based Disney trying to keep that Venom shit out. Hopefully Sony will lose momentum and Disney can get a better outcome whilst still keeping Venom out of the deal.

>Venom in the MCU
>Disney rejected this offer
>Does the mouse even care about the fans?

Looks like they do.

>look at photo
>its shopped
I imagine this is somebody's ship

Disney always had the toy sales. The reason they rejected is Marvel Studios is the one doing all the work with none of the profit. Sony just funds it so they get all the profit.

Now we just need Universal to yoink Hulk away from them as well...

Seriously, I'll take Ang Lee's Hulk 1000 times over before any more of the Ruffalo crap in Avengers Endgame. What a betrayal of the character.

Attached: hulk_01.jpg (320x460, 19K)

>nobody gave a shit
>it made over $1.1 billion on a shoestring budget

Yeah, no. Venom's one of the most successful movies in years in terms of rate of return on investment.

Most modern companies dont care about their fans anymore user

They literally think of you as an insect, perhaps even less. Corporations are not your friends, no matter how much you may like their products, or how friendly their public image is.

>Here we are today without Peter Parker
and nothing of value was lost

Source. I thought Sony didn't offer more than 25%

I noticed women have a wierd pedophilic attraction to him

I don't give a single fuck if this even remotely opens up the possibility for Toby to come back.

seek help

Thank God since the venom movie was trash

The way humans weigh reward/loss is not 1:1. It's 1:4. A gain has to be 4 times higher than a loss for a person to start thinking it's worth taking the risk. Disney wouldn't have accepted anything short of 75% of movie profits.

They literally wanted a cut of every spinoff sequel and movie along with creative control.

they don't need Spidey to have the MCU be successful, and giving up lucrative toy sales is simply retarded

Ever heard of Star Wars? Captain America? Iron Man...?

He's like, 20-something.

You have to remember that Disney as a larger entity does a lot of dumb shit. Look at their mismanagement of the Star wars IP for no further proof needed.

Kevin Feige knows what he is doing. So far, he is the only one to make the cinematic universe thing actually work, and signing his checks is about as much credit as Disney can really take for that success.

But at a corporate level, Disney can be pretty dumb sometimes.

Though I do admit, they have been pretty shrewd about their presentation of Disney+. At this point it seems basically inevitable that people are going to have to buy into it. Its just going to have too much content people want to be ignored.

And right now Disney+ has no content
Also their plan to telease episodes once a week instead of all at once is terrible

HAVE sex

Appropriate, seeing that they only have SUM Characters.

>Also their plan to telease episodes once a week instead of all at once is terrible

I don't think thats true. People like the convenience of being able to sit down and not have to wait for the next episode, but humans are not wired to pay attention to things for 8 hours straight. We hit a point where we stop really processing or remembering what we are experiencing and it all runs together.

Disney doesn't want a Netflix Daredevil "yes that was pretty good, also no one is talking about it". Disney wants Game of Thrones where the weekly discussion about every new episode that comes out creates buzz and cements the show into pop culture memory. Water cooler discussions used to be the term for it.

They are counting on a weekly release format to be more psychologically satisfying and lead to a better perception of quality and a resulting franchise that has more staying power with its viewers. And that research backs that plan up.

Lizzie will never get to do multiple takes of a scene where Scarlet Witch accidentally lands on Spiderman's face.

This is not true. Disney wanted the same deal but applied to all the Venom-verse movies (maybe they upped the % to like 20%, I cant remember). That way they had control over everything. Sony didnt like that. They tanked the deal bc they think they have the formula to do this right. They are sooo wrong.

Disney already has the Toy rights one way or the other, your claim is clearly in the wrong.

>bringing back Garfield
He is never coming back, he insulted Kaz Hirai by staying in his hotel and not going to dinner with him during his promotional visit to Japan and Amazing 2 was such a massive flop it almost bankupts Sony Pictures and its the main the reason they made the deal with Marvel Studios in the first place. Also, Garfield moved on to making kinos with important film directors I doubt he wants to come back to infatile capeshit unless it pays good money and he needs a new house.
Maguire ain't coming back either, he is a has-been.
If Holland is kicked out Sony will reboot again and cast Asa Butterfield, Charlie Rowe or another reject from the previous casting process, somebody young enough to commit to the character for at least 3 films.

Attached: Charlie Rowe.jpg (425x531, 32K)

My greatest disappointment with how they went with Ruffalo's Hulk is there's no chance of World War Hulk adaptation.

Disney can simply play the waiting game. I liked Spiderverse, but it's only a matter of time before Sony fucks up the next live-action spiderman. Sorry, Holland.

>wants 100% of movies someone else is making

You sure Rowe wouldn't be a better choice for one of the X-Men considering those mutant eyebrows he has?

As someone who was a big fan of Lucasarts and Star Wars...I wholeheartedly agree.

Avengers 2 should have been World War Hulk instead of Age of Ultron

Why do people think World War Hulk was good?

>Sony buys the rights to something but shits the bed with it
>they now for some reason think they deserve something simply for owning the rights
>people actually take sides in this corporate shitflinging
Top kek

Not that user But it only made 800 something. I don't mean that to say I wasn't successful, the "only" is in comparison to 1.1 bil.

>they now for some reason think they deserve something simply for owning the rights
That's quite literally how it works.

>faggots hating on Venom
what's the matter? not enough female empowering like Captain Goblino?

Attached: You Have Failed Me.jpg (803x499, 87K)

>Universal to yoink Hulk
Universal only has the option for distribution rights if Marvel Studios produces a solo Hulk movie, same with Namor. Otherwise Marvel Studios can use those characters in their movies with no issues.

Even for capeshit standards the movie was subpar in pretty much all aspects except for Venom's design and Tom Hardy's performance as a brave journalist with high functioning autism

TASM did make as much money as they expected and the fact that the second made less than the first was not a good sign. In no universe is more than $1.5B a flop that's going to bankrupt any business. That said, you were at least factually correct about the fact that Garfield is not coming back.

Holland has a contract and there's no reason that Sony will not keep him under contract for another two films plus likely cameos now that they can force them into Black Cat & Sable, Venom and whatever else they want them for, which Feige was preventing. At minimum, they will show Peter existing in the same universe as Venom even if Holland himself films nothing for them, by using him in the background of say a newscast or some such.

>Disney
>Caring about fans

Attached: Oh+you+dork+_7a0d3c23bcd21cc436ef072d0eb6df1d.jpg (326x326, 21K)