Is this Yea Forums's The Mist?

Is this Yea Forums's The Mist?

Attached: BAD.png (1330x1730, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=znymKOqfqnQ
youtu.be/u4nZUEkAsw8?t=147
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DethroningMoment/FostersHomeForImaginaryFriends
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How jaded do you think Lauren is too most of her fans for still giving her shit over the Bendy episode

having your hero lose can be funny, but in this case it just wasn't

I don't get the hate. I was annoyed at the episode as a kid, but never thought that I downright hated it. Are gringos just that sensitive to things that annoy them? It's a pattern that I've noticed.

I think people means hate in dislike not in pull your hair out hate.

Attached: little-boy-sucking-his-big-toe-D1B754.jpg (866x1390, 167K)

The Europe episode was worse.

It's overblown, just like everything. Welcome to the online cartoon community.

This is a thing for people all over the world who communicate on the internet to exaggerate how they feel about things. Nothing to do with le gringos

What's wrong with the Mist?

I think she's got other stuff to be jaded over these days.

If I recall, everybody but like two or three characters die, and at the very end help finally comes, but again it's only after everybody dies.
Or maybe it's something else. Maybe I'm thinking of "The Fog".

You're thinking of the right movie. But the ending of The Mist is pretty well-received.

The Mist (book and film) is great and the ending of the film is better than the book's ending

I think he means that Bendy's episode ties with The Mist one of the worst endings for a main character. But then there's also the Europe episode, which makes everyone shit on Mac, just to turn out that Madame Foster was the real culprit, and should manage to piss you off even more than Bendy's episode.

I thought the ending was good. It wasn't even really THAT bleak because the mist goes away, while in the book the mist is still there at the end.

I think at this point she welcomes people talking about anything not-pony related

I wouldn't be saying it if they weren't the main offenders.

>UH WHITE PEOPLE IMMI RIGHT?
It's a garbage episode because the twist is poorly executed and there's no real payoff. Honestly, it probably would have been better received had Blue been the only target of Bendy's bullshit.

Is the mist the one that ends with the guy driving out, running out of gas, killing his family, running out of bullets to kill himself, and leaving his car only to find that the military was like right there?
Because I remember that being a mediocre film.

What was the episode about?
I just remember Foster's Home being annoying 80% of the time, either with random noises or Blu being a bitch.

That's the one, the book is better sans the ending
Bendy breaks stuff, Bloo gets the blame. Bloo make an elaborate trap, but it destroys the house just to catch Bendy breaking something small.

Gringos can be black too user. We don't judge you for your race, just your country of origin, okay also your race.

Oh fuck now I remember, damn that really was a shit episode.

White people are the most fragile group around, so learn to fucking deal

I don't follow. The Mist was a rather well received horror film with one of the better pitch black endings in the genre.
It is bleak as fuck for the one character left that the audience cares about.

>making the hero lose is funny
that only works if the hero was being an asshole, Blu and the others literally did nothing and got punished by that little cunt's antics even at the end of the episode Blu was only trying to caught Bendy red handed even if he destroyed the mansion in the process

Attached: 1327637389796.jpg (299x300, 16K)

Yeah, that's the movie adaptation. The ending plays out differently in the book.

>Ollie kills Mrs Carmody and gets killed just like in the film
>Dan (the elderly man) goes with them in the movie but not the book
>the car does not run out of gas, they stay at a hotel for the night, and drive into the unknown

Lauren is just a huge fucking pussy that takes criticism too fucking seriously. Shit She regrets her feminist power puff girls episode just because a small group of idiots think it was anti feminist despite it probably being the only time a cartoon did a feminist storyline well.

Until white people can be offended by just one word thats just wrong pedro.
NIGGERS

Nigga this shit is far from an American-only thing or even majority thing. I don't know why the fuck you even think that. t. Aussie

I don't know, Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd n Eddy, Invader ZIM, and Rocko's Modern Life built entire shows around their main characters losing.

>She regrets her feminist power puff girls episode just because a small group of idiots think it was anti feminist
She regrets it because she thinks it dealt with a complex issue in a too-simplistic way.

At the end of the day she's an entertainer and if her work doesn't entertain she's not doing her job right.

Not that I agree with the critics, I think Equal Fights is great, but I also agree with Faust that the way it handles the topic is too simplistic.

BIGGOT

It fit with the show tone perfectly and even had the decency to go like "Not all feminists are coursing through life being absolute shit bags, being a shit bag is the problem, not feminism or women" that was the message of the episode.
It's one of my favorite episodes because the show had tackled feminist and girl rights situation expertly and playfully before. If you only watch the episode, it's good. if you add to the broader context, theme and episodes from the show, it's as complicated as it needed to be.

I think a lot of it is just how far out of the way they went to justify the plot.

If the episode had just been between Bloo, Herriman, and Bendy, then it becomes about Herriman choosing to believe the obviously guilty new guy over somebody he hates. Bloo sabotages himself, the end. Annoying but mostly forgettable.

As is, they shoved a bunch of other characters into it and you got things like Frankie choosing not to believe Wilt and Eduardo who she has known for years as being really honest Friends.

Personally I hate the other eleven minute episode paired with it more but I can see why people don't like this one. Didn't help either that they basically remade it as the Goofball episode.

>Making your hero lose is NOT actually funny
Untrue.

Attached: 13-133553_stock-dib-robot-invader-zim-wiki-fandom-powered.jpg (880x1690, 310K)

Didn’t Fosters pull shit like this all the time who cares

But they are!

Equality.

i actually loved that episode as a kid. It's the reason i went to school in Europe

Man Fosters is weird. I liked it as a kid but all I remember of it as an adult is the stuff I hated (and that one scene where Mac's brother eats an imaginary friend literally seconds after its creation.)

it was an okay movie, but the shitty CGI really dragged it down. The ending was ridiculously good though, even King admitted it was miles better than the book's ending

Only if he deserves it
And Dibs only doing what he does for recognization so he indeed deserves it

If I remember her response right, her biggest regret seemed to be people (namely the people who were giving her shit for it at the time) taking the wrong message away from it.

The only reason people hate this episode is because it's so commonplace IRL

Crack open a dictionary and look up the word 'hyperbole' and then shoot yourself (become mildly upset and keep scrolling) LMAO (pokerface)

meant for

(((Bendy)))

probably enjoys when people remember her for more than horses

>Dinkleberg

Seria mejor que cerraras el orto y te pongas a pensar por que mierda estas en una seccion de comics&cartoons haciendote el maduro.

Why did the dude go on and tag her, hell, why did she even respond? I'm sure she's heard this enough already since it's first airing.

can you honestly only relate to things as they relate to gringos, mate

not sure about Rocko, but Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd n Eddy, and Invader Zim all have characters who are jerks. So its funny to see them fail

Bloo is a jerk but he wasn't initially and all the other characters are nice people.

People like to think that problems are only caused by bad people and bad stuff will only happen to you if you are bad. Or that bad people can be dealth with

no one likes to be reminded that bad people will just get away with it and you'll be at fault if you try to deal with them

trafon is a fucking faggot

>Somehow I thought the twist would be entertaining - relatable even
>relatable even
I see it now, Lauren Faust did nothing wrong. People just can't handle the truth.

Lauren Faust is cool. Yea Forums used to worship her like they do Rebecca Sugar.

I'm still mad Bloo went from being pretty thoughtful, albeit childish and conniving, in the movie to a selfish asshole in the show.

>Bloo pulls far worse stunts in later seasons that leave his friends injured or at risk of dying, with him either not giving a shit about what he caused, or even being mildly entertained
>And yet it is Bendy that is somehow still seen as a token Hitler of the house

Attached: tumblr_p400pmDs1d1vy4li2o1_1280.png (1280x1773, 1006K)

Attached: 1qz4rgp (2).png (500x281, 201K)

Everyone in this thread, and especially YOU, are literally seething.

He had it coming.

What was their fucking problem?

Yeah, but Bloo's friends also got caught in his shenanigans and they were pretty chill. Also Bloo may have been an asshole but during the episode he was in the right.

Basado el boludo

>Bloo's friends also got caught in his shenanigans and they were pretty chill.

Like the time they wanted him to get killed by the new guy because they got tired of being treated like shit?

Attached: 29-0016.jpg (310x230, 10K)

Yup. The whole extra drama dragged the movie, but the end is the crap topping.

I will never understand why this ep is so reviled, how would you guys make it less enraging?

>I will never understand why this ep is so reviled

Now that I remember it, wasn't it just a half-episode, with the other half-episode about Wilt treated like crap because he wouldn't say "no"?

With a competition like that, being mad at Bendy seems misdirected.

Attached: Bendy_drawfag.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Having your hero lose is funny if they deserve it.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x360, 2.77M)

It’s been like 14 years and people still give her shit about this episode?

>tfw this will probably be foster’s legacy

Desu I think people hate it not so much because of Bendy but because Frankie and Herriman were being written so out of character.

>accusing bendy’s creator and parents and the gang of being lying dickheads

Not believing Bloo is one thing (though I think people overexaggerate how terrible he really is) them thinking the others, especially Wilt, would lie about breaking a vase? Fuck outta here.

Goofball’s episode isn’t great but is a lot more enjoyable to watch when you realize he was just karma biting Frankie in the ass.

agree, that one had really no excuse

>Fosters was a Heart/Feels show, not a Humour show
>The crew realizes if children/parents wanted to watch a heart/feels show, they'll what Disney or even Nick
>The crew tries to make it a humour show

>Frankie and Herriman were being written so out of character

Lulz.

Attached: 23-0042.jpg (310x230, 10K)

Muchos de nosotros no tenemos vida fuera de carikaturas infatiles.

Disney sure but what Nicktoons were feels-based? Courage and PPG had elements of heart too

That episode was originally supposed to have a happy ending for Rainbow, but execs wanted a more typical PPG ending.

Nicktoons are technically more feels based than CN originals while Courage and PPG, humour, horror and action came first

A mi no me importó tanto cuando salió, solo me irritó cuando era un niño y después me olvidé todo sobre ese episodio. El internet exagera todo, maricón.

Everyone dies and the survivors commit suicide right before the military rolls in and solves everything instantly, leaving only the protagonist alive with the knowledge that he fucked up everything and the best course of action would have been to just sit tight and wait to be rescued all along.

Lots of people really liked the ending, but to me it just felt so meaningless and melodramatic that it ended up being laughable rather than achieving its intended emotional gut punch.

Well at least they had the courtesy to put them both together so you could skip the entire episode entirely.

I just remembered that there was another The Mist adaptation, a Spike TV series, and that this HAS to be the one that OP is talking about because it was hot garbage.
youtube.com/watch?v=znymKOqfqnQ

Attached: The_Mist_title_card.png (400x225, 94K)

That YouTube clip was hard to watch

The movie was hot garbage. The criticism I heard when the show came out was that it was WORSE than the movie somehow.

Adding to the gut punch, the lady that went into the mist to go home and meet her kids is brought with the military, holding said kids.

It's funny because The Mist was very negatively reviewed when it came out, and now people are far more accepting and positive about it.

>because Frankie and Herriman were being written so out of character.
That's pretty much it. Instead of giving an actual reason for why they would believe the obviously guilty person or even giving them character faults that would explain it, they just make it completely nonsensical. In real life when this kind of shit happens, the person who doesn't believe you tends to have a reason for it, so instead this just becomes a weird sort of echo of bad memories most people have but magnified with no payoff and just a lot of frustration.

>he lady that went into the mist to go home and meet her kids is brought with the military, holding said kids.
That's the part that makes it funny instead of sad. May as well have had the soldiers dancing.

The ending would had been better if they had used better music for it.
youtu.be/u4nZUEkAsw8?t=147

Kinda like Stone Ocean ending.

She had bigger things to worry about last decade

That episode in which some kid made an scp who trapped people in an infinite pocket dimensión where he controlled all living things and made them Play to death

>the lady that went into the mist to go home and meet her kids is brought with the military, holding said kids.
Wow glad to hear that. I don't think I caught that. As a creature feature the Mist is great

Attached: tumblr_mq3yneNcHA1s15enmo1_400.gif (400x215, 2M)

Attached: mits.jpg (853x480, 39K)

All of you anglos are the pissiest shitflingers that cry about complete and other non-issues all the damn time. Well, except for Brits maybe, but that's more on account of them being super repressed about everything so they never complain about anything really.

Also the TV didn't really have monster. Things that happened in to most were more dream like substance or nightmare.

Plus one of the worst twist I ever seen in tv ever

Attached: Mist_Bird.png (314x281, 166K)

Attached: a0650b12804d772e760385d7ee0441c486bcc222_hq.gif (440x170, 799K)

I have a feeling she's being sarcastic about it.

It's more to do with the episode being poorly written and having no real point to exist. As much as I hate to reference Mr. Enter he did make a valid point about Bloo being a fucking idiot in this episode, like when Bendy made that prank announcement and Bloo ran all the way there to be busted, when he could have just stayed in his room and they would have known it wasn't him. Even that aside, what was the actual point of this episode? How is just watching Bendy break rules and blame everyone else supposed to be entertaining when there's no jokes or punchline behind it? Is the message that some assholes can deliberately cause you trouble and you can't do shit about it? Because that's literally the ONLY thing this episode has going for it.

What was the twist? Tell us more about the show, user.

>Desu I think people hate it not so much because of Bendy but because Frankie and Herriman were being written so out of character.
>>accusing bendy’s creator and parents and the gang of being lying dickheads
>Not believing Bloo is one thing (though I think people overexaggerate how terrible he really is) them thinking the others, especially Wilt, would lie about breaking a vase? Fuck outta here.

Fuck I forgot to mention that when I wrote For literally no reason Frankie and Herriman take the side of a stranger over the friends they've known for years simply because the plot needed them to.

White Bear

No this is.

Attached: SBSPSeason7HD00048.png (1440x1076, 1.81M)

kek

Executive meddling at its finest.

This is mine

Attached: Low_Road_Rhinox_fart.jpg (600x450, 52K)

This is another top contender

Attached: Vlcsnap-2016-01-12-16h48m32s935.png (640x480, 278K)

>Yea Forums used to worship her like they do Rebecca Sugar.
Since when does Yea Forums worship Rebecca Sugar?

Since Yea Forums's taste went to shit

If it means you'll never watch it gladly.

Small Town girl mother accuses star quarterback of rape, before the mist sets in
Small town girl also has a gay best friend.

The mist happens
Girl is trapped in the mall.
She finds the quarterback and they are actually cool..turns out he never porked her
Also the whole town treats her like the "Scarlett Letter"
Not sure but I think the QB dies
Meanwhile
Gay best friend ends up with dad traveling across town to get to small town girl

Gay bestie finds his dad during the trip, who calls him a monster

Gay bestie responds that he's a man because he had sex

Dundundun
Gay bestie actually the rapist

Foster's in general was like that though.
The Bendy episode was the most blatant but the show in general had this weird cynical aurora that came off less funny and more frustrating.

I didn't mind this episode but I can understand the hate since it was one of the few times Eddy sincerely did nothing wrong.

The real worst contender was the cardboard city. The Ed's actually make something cool that's totally innocent but get shit on anyway.

i bet you were one of those beaner kids who lied all the time don't lie

>beaner kids who lied all the time don't lie
Haven't heard that in awhile

And let's not forget the surprise party episode. Come to think of it, I don't know why I liked this show back then. There were a lot of "good guy gets shit on" episodes.

>lots of good guy gets shit on episodes

It only seems like a lot because spergs bring three or four same eps come up in almost every fucking fosters thread.

There’s plenty of good shit too, I’m so
sick of the mean-spirited meme

Attached: 2C12F06A-B3E9-4A92-B355-8AEC86AB468A.gif (475x357, 1.2M)

I sincerely don’t get why others shows bad eps are usually glossed over but in this shows case people love to harp on them.

Did some shitty eceleb pan Fosters recently or something?

That's what makes it so frustrating. I was hyped for some Chthulhu Mythos monsters movie, the whole setting is promising, but the damn thing was just poorly executed. The director went on to produce season 2 of Walking Dead, if I recall, which gets as boring with the human drama.

Hahahah perfect.

Maybe standards just got that low or people started watching it in a "so bad it's good" light.

Hey spic, you sensitive to all that shit in your food?

liar.

that's the first time i've heard of an exec decision that made an episode better

I don’t know, I thought it was funny. It’s absurd enough that the torment Eddy goes through isn’t really distressing. I guess you could say Edd acts out of character but at that point you could say most of the later episodes share that problem because early seasons Edd and later seasons Edd are two completely different people.

I watched this episode a while ago and found nothing wrong with it.

Oh yeah now I remember. What a tweeest. Could have been interesting if it weren't so poorly-executed.

That's what I keep telling people, it's all screams and characters being assholes to each other. I think the show coasted on the hype of its first episode for its entire run.

Dad was the best part. You think it's the "I have no son!" Typical father with a gay son. Instead he was a man who knew what a piece of shit his son was regardless that he was gay.

I honestly don't know how people can dislike this episode. The one with Eddy's middle name has everything that people complain about this episode having, but much worse, and without nearly as good humor surrounding it.

The school picture day episode was another infamous episode shitting on Eddy on something he didn't deserve.

>that one scene where Mac's brother eats an imaginary friend literally seconds after its creation
I loved that scene as a kid.

Don’t worry.
The fans are going to be busy with the MLP finale.

Heros losing has been done for comedy before and they are great, it's not that heros losing is a twist that can't be funny, it's just that she fucked up

that's the only episode of the show i've ever seen to this day, should i watch the rest
out of all of craig's shows, people seem to like this one the least
i fucking loved wander over yonder, how does this stack up to it?

>t.moralfag
It can be funny even if the hero is the next Jesus

Are you fucking kidding me, it doesn't matter why he does it, just be happy that he saved the earth

He was possessed

The executives didn't like the idea of a villain getting away with it despite the guy himself being a victim so the writers made it so that people feel bad for him as a middle finger to the executives

Don't be such a moralfag, it can be funny even if they are literally Ghandi

The slice of life Nicktoons

Plankton would've gotten the death sentence anyway

Mr.Enter ruined the cartoon community

People bitched about it years ago but they're still bitching

and that was this nigga’s fault

Attached: 1D34736D-14DB-48DD-81F7-27AE4608BA2D.jpg (269x188, 10K)

>doug
>hey arnold
>as told by ginger

wouldn’t call Nick a feels-y network though

haven’t thought about him in forever, but apparently his style rubbed off on tropers.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/DethroningMoment/FostersHomeForImaginaryFriends

So was he really bi the whole time or did he just really need to confirm his sexuality with rape?

I actually thought the twist was brilliant. Bloo cares so much about exposing Bendy that he causes more damage than Bendy ever did, showing that sometimes, proving yourself right isn't the most important thing. That's a good message and I'm surprised people didn't receive it well.

>proving yourself right isn't the most important thing.

Yes, it is. You don't take blame like a bitch.

The yellow should have gotten more trouble because he manipulated bloo into doing that.

>Gay bestie actually the rapist
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 1513159067412.jpg (552x442, 51K)

>Yes, it is. You don't take blame like a bitch.
This is how rapists and murderers are made, user. Sometimes you just got to let it go.

Problem is in this sort of situation if he did just give up then Bendy would continue to fuck with Bluu.
Sometimes you need to take a stand and punch a fucker

The European Girl episode was worse,mac totally deserved loosing the plane but Jesus it still feels unsatisfying with the last "joke"

was blu anyone's hero?
He was likable in the pilot/tv movie thing but in the show he was completely unlikeable

If you analize him he's literally a jerk but maybe it was relatable for the kids in their time

I think his attitude was a little overboard to be just relatable, though
At some point it seemed as if Mac only visited foster's just to visit the other Wilt, Edguardo and Coco

As I said he's totally a jerk if you analize how he acts but considering all the "cool" shit from the 2000-2010 I'm not surprised if anyone actually liked him

But no,as a hero definitely no,maybe as a friend/bro

Ending could've been done better. Was too "Whatta tweest!"

Oh fuck I forgot about that one. Yep that is definitely the worst episode ever. Even as a kid I hated it.

Season 5 in general was a mistake.

Why would they harass her for that when she hasn't worked on the show since S1?
at least the movie was good

That episode has always felt like a situation where they came up with the "Madam Foster steals the tickets" punchline first and just threw together a bunch of stuff to get to that point.

If nothing else, the whole idea that Mac would be going to Europe with a bunch from Foster's rather than his own family has always just seemed utterly bizarre to me.

>hey why did everyone hate this thing?
>oh it was bad because of X and Y and I really hated it and apparently so did a lot of other people
>wow why do you STILL care so much about it calm down stop being mad
What the fuck is up with this new trolling tactic

>new
Telling people "stop being asshurt" and "why do you care so much" is entry-level trolling