Could he beat Saitama?

Could he beat Saitama?

Attached: 2DE5201F-41E9-4D55-950C-147302FB6205.jpg (622x474, 41K)

Saitama has fought intangible foes

Did he win?

No
What do you think?

Has he? I can’t remember.

>What do you think?
I just wanted to make sure.

No, filthy phoneposter. He could not.

Why is this two-parter so fondly remembered anyway?
Dark Danny is as generic a villain as you can get. "Oh I'm going to kill everyone you ever loved and then everyone else because I'm soooooooo evil"

It doesn't even make sense because he's supposed to be a fusion of Vlad and Danny's ghost halves, but Vlad was never that fucking evil for literally no reason

Attached: 1539049815841.png (400x287, 125K)

He had a good design and some cool powers. Plus his voice is sexy.

You mean that Water thing? He wasn’t intangible, his body was just so massive that it was hard to do any real permanent damage. Intangibility in terms a lot of liquid is different from intangibility in terms of literally being able to have everyone go through you like you aren’t there.

>Why is this two-parter so fondly remembered anyway?
Few reasons
>Dark Danny had a fun personality and a great design
>Because of just how fucking dark it was. All the main characters but Danny and Vlad literally die, then Danny's ghost half murders his human half
>Ghostly Wail, Danny's most OP power for the rest of the series, is introduced
>Clockwork shows up and he's like the best character on the show

>It doesn't even make sense because he's supposed to be a fusion of Vlad and Danny's ghost halves, but Vlad was never that fucking evil for literally no reason
See that's not how i view it at all. Danny himself was the source of the evilness, Vlad just gave him some extra powers and less inhibitions. Danny was FUCKED UP by everyone dying. He went to Vlad because he had literally nobody else, and Vlad actually tried to help the boy. But Ghost danny was taking the loss differently than Human Danny. He was enraged at anyone and anything. So once Vlad separated them ghost danny went berserk without human danny to hold him back, absorbed vlad, and went on to conquer the world

lol no, which is also the correct answer any time anybody asks that

Here’s how Dark Danny SHOULD have been done as a character.
>Danny takes up Vlad on his offer to train him in everything he knows
>Vlad trains Danny for 20 years and does some experiments on him to make him ridiculously strong and OP
>Danny goes mad with power and anger and trashes Vlad’s entire mansion before setting off to destroy everyone and everything that’s ever tried to ruin his life
Would’ve been more impactful if Dan Phantom was ACTUALLY Danny, not just his and Vlad’s ghost halves combined.

>Because Dark Danny had a cool design and it was dark
Are those really reasons to hold an episode in high regard though? Really?

>See that's not how i view it at all. Danny himself was the source of the evilness
That's even worse, filled pretentious pseudo-physiological bullshit. If Dark Danny was supposed to be a metaphor for self loathing and PTSD than holy shit did they ever miss the mark.

>Are those really reasons to hold an episode in high regard though?
Remembering fondly /= holding in high regard

>tfw no Danny Phantom reboot where they investigate actual paranormal cases and even tackle demonic possessions

it was no metaphor, it was outright shown. Rewatch the episode. Danny wants to be separate from his Ghost half because he can feel the anger and resentment the Ghost half has, and knows that it's terrible for him.

>implying born-again bible-thumping Butch Hartmann would ever let that happen

Mind elaborating the difference?

user, please try learning what a metaphor is before posting.

Just because you have fond memories of something doesn’t mean it’s actually very good in the grand scheme of thing. I got a pretty good memory of watching Dumb and Dumber for the first time but I understand it’s not the best movie ever.

I'm pretty sure Randy Stairs made sure that will never happen.

He wouldn't even beat Danny after he got all those powers that he doesn't have.

No he hasn’t.

What? No he hasn't. There AREN'T intangible existences in OPM. It's a very physical universe.
Even espers are just the imposition of force without equal and opposite reaction.

could he beat EGDB?

No. He couldn't even hope to beat Nyarlathotep, much less EGD.

Attached: N.jpg (1477x1054, 557K)

Yeah, 100% without a doubt

Wait, which one are you talking about?

This is so fucking gay.

It should be obvious which one is being talked about since it's clearly labeled with EG.
Nyarlathotep is cool fuck you

Attached: Nyarlathotep.jpg (332x500, 43K)

No, I mean who from the characters OP picked at the beginning of the thread are you setting against whatever?

I presumed Dark Danny myself, considering this is not exactly a Saitama thread. But honestly it applies to either.

>either
Now there's where I'm gonna have to disagree.

Saitama has absolutely nothing in this kind of battle. Power, even arbitrary amounts of power, is simply not enough to deal with an outer god.
Nya just shoots him in the head 3 years ago before he started training, gg.

The real question is could pic related beat saitama

Attached: 86E71022-7426-41A2-9A7A-C42DC97A2F3E.jpg (960x540, 61K)

I think Comic Version actually does pretty well, don’t know if he’s ever even been hurt, plus he has drama power

>just shoots him in the head 3 years ago before he started training
Now why would he do that?

Nyarlathotep doesn't like boring things, invincible heroes are dreadfully tiresome. So much better to have a hero who fights with every last fiber of their being then still fails at the very end.

>still fails
So he likes anticlimaxes?

A glorious defeat is not an anticlimax, it is a tragedy.

So in other words there's no reason to be invested in what happens.

Man have never read the Argonautica or anything? Just because everyone fails and dies at the end doesn't mean the rest of the story didn't happen.
Nya just doesn't like the triumph of good. If let loose in OPM's world he'd literally just take out Saitama and let everything proceed basically in accordance with Garou's wishes because that'd be way more entertaining. Only he'd conspire to have Garou fail to accomplish world peace because humans simply will not stop fighting each other even in the face of an unbeatable monster, leading to their steady defeat at Garou's hands, which is not what he wanted, leading to a tragic end. All while N laughs.

>just doesn't like the triumph of good
So in other words he's a sore loser, got it.

I mean, you're not wrong. It doesn't relate to the retarded powerlevel discussion, but N is definitely a salty bitch.

Attached: 20180316000643.jpg (715x536, 113K)

It was jarring to hear how great the villain's voices were compared to the rest.

Eric Roberts speaking through Danny Phantom opened my ears to just how annoying kid voices are.

Casual thread browser here
Used to mod a Danny fandom proboards in my teen years
Just gotta tell you you’re a gay faggot and coming from me that means a lot

Based