What was the best song of the DKC Cartoon

What was the best song of the DKC Cartoon

Attached: DKC_Legend_of_the_Crystal_Coconut.jpg (767x1260, 435K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UtGL5yKdSCk
youtube.com/watch?v=A1EuWhfTqEY
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1xuWDalcw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7otcjQ_jk
youtube.com/watch?v=5F0to-ATnrQ
youtu.be/bPjNnXwdIq4
youtube.com/watch?v=CcUMtK1XD6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=P3G5_rwvIi8
youtube.com/watch?v=R9-g7zRpayw
youtube.com/watch?v=m9B0-HFkpT4
youtu.be/yq0_Qp5kQE8?t=1m45s
youtube.com/watch?v=S86XCXalbSE
youtu.be/h5NJk4paWEs?t=1766
youtube.com/watch?v=D14-EJHaJIg
youtube.com/watch?v=XFRyZwO0RVY
youtube.com/watch?v=oPG84zY-HOY
youtube.com/watch?v=MjiQCv9_s_c
youtube.com/watch?v=zv77PnumHmE
youtu.be/IC67qzaorvA
youtu.be/R9-g7zRpayw
youtube.com/watch?v=gPBcj5nigfE
youtube.com/watch?v=wj7bXE4ucow
youtube.com/watch?v=BgKTXHe3QX4
youtube.com/watch?v=4oZwKhUqdWw&t
youtube.com/watch?v=wD0oepVY1fQ
youtu.be/RFZzMbI-mSo
webtoons.com/en/challenge/simiantelligent/list?title_no=177502&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Easy, the one with donkey k.rool

Trust your eyes, or whatever the mirror one was where dk had amnesia and the crocs and gators were convincing him he was one of their team or crew with a mirror frame.

This show had bo right to have such good ass music

youtu.be/UtGL5yKdSCk
Pure kino and pleb filter.

>THE REFLECTION TELLS A STORY OF A PIRATE'S LIFE OF GLORY

Attached: lois_plane.png (1280x720, 601K)

youtube.com/watch?v=A1EuWhfTqEY

Attached: 1485934450387.gif (173x261, 216K)

Damn, beat me to it.

Also fuck the other kongs.
Even in the end they never apologized for blaming him for things the kremlings framed him for.

Naisu.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1xuWDalcw

Attached: everybody dong.gif (267x200, 1.46M)

This show's characterizations for Cranky and K. Rool were spot on (even if K. Rool would ideally have his costumed personas gimmick intact). Funky wasn't bad, either, and Bluster was a better character than any of the Kongs in the games except for Cranky. This doesn't get appreciated for what it did well often enough.

Attached: D_noJcdXkAAZ37O.jpg (480x640, 36K)

Oh that's so true.
If there's one, ONE thing I would've like Smash K.Rool to have would be his personality and voice from the cartoon.
I knew it would never ever happen though, so I was still happy with what we got.

And Cranky was a fucking blast to watch, too.

I don't know why but Eddie Let Me go back to my Home is just pure perfection to me.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7otcjQ_jk

The cartoon did influence K. Rool's portrayal in Smash in a small way; the inflating eye tic when he whiffs a grab. His orange alt colors could also be a reference to Captain Scurvy. I don't chalk this up to coincidence because the cartoon was actually really popular in Japan, in part due to the all-star dub cast they gave it. It was also nice to Rare to bring mad science Cranky into DK64.

Isn't it funny that this cartoon about monkeys with Phil Collins-esque musicals came four years before Tarzan?

youtube.com/watch?v=5F0to-ATnrQ

Attached: dkok.jpg (1280x1066, 98K)

In DK64 Cranky has a laboratory and makes potions for the Kongs, I'm sure the cartoon had an impact on the series to some extent.
Candy Kong was a pure bitch though, I'll take titty monkey bimbo over that cunt

Attached: 678.jpg (842x781, 346K)

>in part due to the all-star dub cast they gave it

Attached: queen.png (527x478, 268K)

(You)
CAN'T
GET
AWAY
WITH THIS
MONKEY
BUSINESS

IF YOU ASK ME MOTHER SHE'LL SAY
"AYE, HE'S NOT SO BAD"
BUT WHEN I LEFT HER HOUSE, I TOOK EVERYTHING SHE HAAAAD

Candy was unbearable, even moreso than DK's other two-faced false friends always eager to stab him in the back over the tamest and most blatant of misunderstandings, but I don't know how you'd salvage Girl Kong as a concept to begin with. There's just nothing there.

Make her something like Jessica Rabbit.

Attached: candy_kong_by_juneduck21-dcjw7n8.jpg (1024x1489, 212K)

They also snuck in banana slamma in funky mode tropical freeze as an Easter egg

She actually doesn't look bad at all in that drawing. It's really hard to make a monkey look attractive. I think it's because they inhabit a dark grey zone between humans and other animals that renders them undesirable to normies and furries alike.

i like monkeygirls so

Attached: 1505556402689.gif (400x376, 54K)

That one is basically human and that's cheating.

Weeeeeeellllll LISTEN HERE WHILE I MAKE IT CLEAR!

I know you're talking about Candy but i always hated that the show made Dixie so lame when she the first cool Game Heroine I've seen.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME

Dixie absolutely deserved better, too, she just wasn't obnoxious. She wasn't anything in the show, it was weird.

/thread. We have a winner.

>cuando te culpan de metersela a Funky

youtu.be/bPjNnXwdIq4

Attached: 1568065912024.png (1280x768, 258K)

Excellent Taste
youtube.com/watch?v=CcUMtK1XD6Y

>Not a single mention of Finest Hour
You plebs have no taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=P3G5_rwvIi8

Attached: 1reggie.jpg (250x206, 7K)

I love K. Rool's bit in this.

Big Bog Monster, One of Us, I wanna know the secrets, say what you will about the show, but DK had a bitchin voice.

This guy gets it

Realistically, Nobody’s Hero or that edit of Metal Head that removes Diddy. DK’s singing voice is legit beautiful, which makes everything even more funny.
Also Bluster the Benevolent just because Bluster is a fucking god.

FROM ON TOP OF THE WHITE MOUNTAINS
YOUR GLORY RISES HIGH
TO THE SKY

youtube.com/watch?v=R9-g7zRpayw

Attached: 1562817639934.gif (284x223, 960K)

I WANT TO SHOWER YOU WITH COCONUT CREME PIE

Attached: donkey dong.png (138x240, 87K)

Plus the sassy victory pose where he just points feels straight out of the cartoon

donde esta mi virginidad?

Bluster yes, but what about... Leo Luster?
youtube.com/watch?v=m9B0-HFkpT4

Good!

Attached: Funky mode (2).png (1063x800, 900K)

Attached: wake the dong.png (437x613, 484K)

if you say so

Attached: b6ee03017e0c80db3cebea5a17048f6c.jpg (627x891, 291K)

do we really need another patient zero

i went bananas long time ago

Attached: 1295531220888.jpg (660x990, 141K)

youtu.be/yq0_Qp5kQE8?t=1m45s

FYI. I think I prefer the one from the original Fox Family broadcast than the itunes & DVD releases because the Fox Family broadcast one was more faster and that made it have a good beat

These two are the only acceptable answers

>Nobody posted One Of Us
I'm disappointed in you, Yea Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=S86XCXalbSE

youtu.be/h5NJk4paWEs?t=1766

Attached: Crank Dat Jam.jpg (1314x735, 60K)

Thanks doc

Attached: Kim Possible S02 E23The Full Monkey 1080p.mp4_snapshot_16.43_[2018.03.14_00.01.21].png (1920x1080, 1.75M)

BLUSTER THE BENEVOLENT
HAILED AS A GOD

unf

Baby, he's a trip.

They should have reused that beat for Candy's Dance Studio.

Nobody's Hero
Eddie, let me go back.
Our Love Is Stronger Than A Golden Banana
Metal Head

fuck why are there so many good songs in this show what the fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=D14-EJHaJIg

youtube.com/watch?v=XFRyZwO0RVY

youtube.com/watch?v=oPG84zY-HOY

So many people,probably played this when he got into smash ultimate

>Metal Head
Sure if you like Diddy's absolute earrape of a voice.

Imma head of metal head of metal head of metal head of metal around the world head of metal.

weird how this show has better music than Steven Universe

Attached: 57457777.png (300x295, 115K)

I enjoy SU's music, but it generally has no energy to it. It's mostly for atmosphere.
DKC's songs is shit I can bop my head or even dance to if I felt like it.

EDDIE

DRIVIN AROUND IN A FANCY CAR

The songs in this show had no right to be this good.

Weird how literally nobody was talking about SU until you showed up. [spoilers]I agree but come on man, don't be a faggot.[/spoilers]

i need to expand

DOIN WHAT I WANT YOU CANT SEE ME

LEEEL

youtube.com/watch?v=MjiQCv9_s_c

Attached: funky.jpg (874x915, 102K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zv77PnumHmE

¡Se fue!

Attached: Fang's_cute_smile.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>HD remaster

Still looks bad. I've been learning Blender and it would be fun to try to reanimate stuff like songs from Donkey Kong Country. The models don't look that hard to rebuild and the animation is so basic.

crystal coconuts are literally a collectible resource in DK64 so I wouldn't doubt the show had some influence on the games.

>that shot right between Candy's legs
OOH LA LA

This was always my favorite
youtu.be/IC67qzaorvA

>DK not interested in the treasure hunt until it's brought up that he can buy something for Candy with the treasure
What a swell guy.
Too bad Candy was a COLOSSAL CUNT.

>You could have a swing for TWO installed!
Diddy is lewd af

youtu.be/R9-g7zRpayw
why does the end part sound like Daft Punk?

Reminder that DK's hair tuft thing is in fact part of his skull.

Nothing like a bit of electro-Celtic

youtube.com/watch?v=gPBcj5nigfE

strongest Yea Forums character

youtube.com/watch?v=wj7bXE4ucow

That´s because the DK show explores almost every type of music genre and isn´t tied to a specific one. There´s rock songs, metal songs, pop songs, techno songs, romantic songs, villain songs, etc.
SU abuses so much their keyboards, ukelele, and guitars that it really makes a lot of the songs feel tame. There´s like 6 great songs, and everything else ranges from ok to pretty bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=BgKTXHe3QX4

se fueeeeee, me la metiste amigo, como pudiste user

youtube.com/watch?v=4oZwKhUqdWw&t

what was that one about nutting in the tide bottle

Personal favorites, in no particular order:
>Eddie, Let Me Go Back
>Road to Success
>Anyone Can Dance
>Gotta Get It Back
>Pirate's Scorn
>Booty Boogie
>Monkey Business

youtube.com/watch?v=wD0oepVY1fQ

what's the name of the robot candy's song?

>If there's one, ONE thing I would've like Smash K.Rool to have would be his personality and voice from the cartoon.
You and me both. I was kinda disappointed to see that they made him act like an angry beast in the new one, when that's never really been his thing. Even if you don't count the cartoon, he's always felt more intelligent and snooty despite his appearance.
I think once smash modding become a bit more accessible I'll do something like the mod that replaces DK's generic gorilla grunts with his voice from 64, but for K.Rool and using clips from the show.

>This show had bo right to have such good ass music
Donkey Kong having such an amazing singing voice is funny enough to justify the rest of the cartoon's existence. I sometimes chuckle to myself just thinking about it.

To be fair, Smash is a game to celebrate GAMING properties, not anything else. Sakurai is very adamant on making that clear, which is why Goku will never be on Smash.
So it makes sense he chose the videogame version of K Rool instead of the cartoon version

To be fair Rare's DK and Nintendo's DK are really different from each other.
>Rare DK was cool, laid-back and a bit dumb, but not a retard
>Nintendo DK is just a brute gorilla

He didn't really have a consistent voice in the games and the most well-known one was a cheap Darth Vader impression so I'd say realistic crocodile noises were the best option on the table. I really love his voice in the cartoon, though, both in English and Japanese (the legendary Jurota Kosugi), so that would have been great.

THAT'S ENOUGH Yea Forums!

DIDDY FOR THE (You), (You) FOR DIDDY

youtu.be/RFZzMbI-mSo

Attached: K Rool (2).jpg (220x220, 45K)

TPBP

I should have been clearer: what I'm disappointed with isn't K.Rool's grunts in the game, it's the way he's portrayed in general. They made him act like some sort of hungry animal savagely attacking its prey. I feel it's not faithful to the way he was portrayed in the original games, where he felt more human than animalistic.
This user puts it well I feel the same thing happened to K.Rool in a way.
Not that it's a big deal or anything. Doesn't ruin the game for me. I just think it'd be cool to be able to mod him to act more like I pictured him. But since that would probably require redoing a lot of his animations, I figure a simple voice mod can be fine too.
(And maybe change his crown size too. I can't be the only one annoyed with this: does anyone else hate how tiny his crown is now? Makes him took like a pinhead)

Have you seen The Great Mouse Detective? Ratigan is always how I pictured K. Rool. Poised, sophisticated, and regal, but predatory and savage underneath.

Never thought about it, but that's actually a really fucking great comparison.
I feel his more sophisticated side isn't really showing in smash but if they bring him back for an eventual DKCR3 I hope they do something like that with him.

I was gonna say the same.

YOU WOULDN'T DROP

COULDN'T DROP

YOU WOULDN'T DARE...

I'm dying for his return to his own series but Retro being stuck working on Metroid for the next 3 years is pretty solidly destroying all hope I had for that.

I have a comic for you.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/simiantelligent/list?title_no=177502&page=1

...I have this vhs on my shelf. It still plays in descent enough condition. Probably because outside being 8 I never played it again. They sang in every friggin episode. Who the hells idea was it that they should sing every episode.

They got more money if they included musical numbers, because France.

DON'T DO IT
DON'T DO IT
HE'S BLUFFING, I HOPE

Any DKC song not by Wise or Fischer is non-canon.

Attached: CngiMXYUsAA6k6H.jpg (680x700, 107K)

K.Roolfags' victory theme.
Yay.

Imagine having taste this bad. The songs weren't the problem with the cartoon. They just didn't draw enough inspiration from the games and the plots were too dependent on all of DK's friends being fickle and cruel.

theme song