Acclimatized to violence

>Acclimatized to violence
>Might makes right mentality
>Brutal to his enemies
How the fuck is Grimlock an Autobot?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1393x1600, 276K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pDAuhx3eTU0
youtube.com/watch?v=GZgzGzTkhXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He just hates Decepticons that fucking much, and Autobot command has enough sense to know they'd rather have him on their side than Megatron's

Grimlock believes might makes right, but he also believes that might should be used responsibly.
Grimlock is like the united states with a nuclear bomb. No one can be as strong as him, because they would use it despotically. So he must be more despotic than they are.
Megatron is Grimlock's Russia.

>How the fuck is Grimlock an Autobot?
He's not, he's a Dinobot. But the reason why Optimus Prime puts up with them is that they're a force to be reckoned with. When The Autobots need shit smashed, they get The Dinobots. They can kick Devastator's ass

Attached: GRIMLOCK.jpg (1280x1811, 307K)

he's got an vindictive action hero mentality which automatically makes him a good guy. also makes him the perfect foil for shockwave

user are you implying these United States are one of the good guys

Are you implying the Autobots are the good guys?

Among Cybertronians, Autobot doesn't mean "good guy" it just means "not a Decepticon".

>Might makes right mentality
Simple really, he knows Optimus kicked Megatron's ass multiple times, witnessing many of these, so Optimus is stronger, ergo, he's an Autobot because of Optimus. It also helps that he got his ass kicked by Optimus too.

Decepticons are tastier
Autobots are allowed to eat them

This. The Dinobots are for when the Autobots absolutely, positively must defeat their enemies and they do not care how much collateral damage there is and no amount of force is considered excessive.

How is/was Impactor?
Even that isn’t entirely true.

So the autobots had the technology on hand to make bots that were totally indestructible to the point of being able to handle combiners.

Why did they not make more of them? Or upgrade themselves? Autobots always seemed like the underdogs losing the war and running away through the whole series.

The only instance I know of addressing this is in the G1 comics, where Optimus is persuaded to create . . . I want to say Omega Supreme . . . as a super soldier to counter some big character the Decepticons had. Maybe Trypticon?

I can't remember all of the mealy-mouthed nonsense, but it had to do with it being considered immoral to use the Matrix to just create super-soldiers. Fuel was also a concern, I think.

Outside of that, the rationale for wildly varying power levels in Transformers had to do with some sparks being naturally badass, and the average spark that occurred naturally or was artificially created wasn't strong enough to power the kind of badass bodies that the Dinobots, Optimus, Megatron, and other big swinging dick characters had.

I’m still upset that the Wfc continuity was mashed together with the shit ass Prime continuity, it was fucking stupid.

>Real reason
Toys.
>Show reason
Never given they just didn't mention it, Spark's weren't even a thing in the entire G1 or Headmaster shows.
>Later reason
Sparks are a huge factor in body, you couldn't stick Bumblebee's Spark in Grimlock's body or something.

Seems contradictory since they already had things like rebuilding little skinny bot into Optimus. And then building huge shit like Trypticon and Metroplex.

>little skinny bot
Eh, Matrix powers, or something.

It was a kid's show meant to sell toys, user.

Because Wheeljack made those 5 retards and now the autobots are responsible for them, one doesn't go full deadbeat that just because your spawn is kind of troublesome

Basically... might make right and the strongest rule.

But that means that they also must defend the weak... ALL OF THEM! Grimlock is a violent sociopathic monster but a good one.

Aerialbots to defeat Menasor.

G1 continuity from the cartoon.

Marvel comics G1 continuity the Arc revived them, and mistook dinosaurs as the dominant technological life form, to counter Shockwave. Which of course means they were with the original crew. I don't think that was ever addressed further.

>these are both valid points in Bayformers

Grimlock done read too much Nietzsche as a child

In the old G1 cartoon the Dinobots were difficult to control and defected or deserted multiple times. Hell, they did make more Dinobots (Snarl and Swoop) basically to go and take on Grimlock and co who'd gone and joined Megatron. Makes sense why the Autibots wouldn't want to build more potential loose cannons.

Comic Dinobots also never seemed as strong as their cartoon counterparts. I don't recall them ever facing a Combiner (they did hold their own against Trypticon for awhile, but that fight was inconclusive since Ratbat recalled Trypticon). Also the comic Dinobots were just as much loose cannons as their cartoon counterparts. It seemed Optimus being around kept them in check and once he was gone Grimlock took over the Autibots and became King Tyrant Asshole.

The original three had their intelligence upgraded, so they went from dangerous complete retards to dangerous retards, at least until post-movie when they were television cute retard comic relief, and Grimlock was turned into a super-genius who ended up giving that super-genius to Computron.

So it's not like the Dinobots need to be retarded. There's nothing out there intrinsically requiring building a Transformer as powerful as Grimlock means he has to be a retard.

what's the state of transformers cartoons on tv at the moment? I used to watch transformers prime a bit, but then I just sort of stopped. whats new in tranformers media?

>might makes right mentality
>hates decepticons

this never made sense in any continuity

Attached: Transformers Universe (1986) 01 - 05.jpg (1024x1534, 882K)

Cyberverse season 2 just started, Rescue Bots ended with 4 seasons and more episodes than G1, I think its sequel series, Rescue Bots Academy just finished it first season, and you missed 4 seasons of Prime's sequel show, Robots in Disguise.

>Cyberverse season 2 just started

how is cyberverse? any good? think I might skip rescue bots, from what I've seen, it's not for me

> you missed 4 seasons of Prime's sequel show, Robots in Disguise.

oh fuck. I think I need to catch up, thanks for the update!

youtube.com/watch?v=pDAuhx3eTU0
youtube.com/watch?v=GZgzGzTkhXM

Meanwhile the guy who actually wants peace between both factions is treated as a "traitor and "Con sympathizer" maybe the Autobots aren't as peaceful or righteous as they let on.

Attached: Mirage.jpg (303x532, 26K)

Rescue Bots is actually pretty fantastic.

Attached: 12131213.png (515x1164, 978K)

Grim hates weakness, but if there is one thing he hates more and with the power of a sun going nova is people who abuse their power and essentially make life for those under them miserable. Hence why in the end his spark is on the right side. That and it happens that Decepticons are the biggest abusers. Also he actually has grudging respect for Optimus.

Cyberverse is fun. And lately Megatron killed Starscream.

>spoiler
Starscream never stays dead for long.

Yeah, but it was fun to see those few times in Transformers history when Megs doesn't screw around and simply does it.

In the cartoon, the Autobots used to keep the Dinobots locked in a storage room until they needed them for something, which contributed to them being surly and rebellious.

Cons would kill, or at least not avoid killing bystanders/innocents. Grimlock might see avoiding them as an annoyance, but he will do it, because they're not the enemy (or because he's under orders).

MIGHT MAKES RIGHT

I HAVE MIGHT

IF SOMEONE ELSE HAS MIGHT, THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT

GRIMLOCK WILL NOT BE CAUGHT IN A MIGHT MAKES RIGHT FIGHT

BUT GRIMLOCK WILL ENGAGE WITH THOSE WHO BELIEVE DIFFERENT