You know what, I actually think this could work...

You know what, I actually think this could work. It makes sense to use more minorities to represent a group that gets persecuted because they are different from everyone else.

Attached: 1568334198983[1].jpg (1357x1344, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we wuz muties and shit

I always wanted to see minorities portrayed as destructive monsters!

Daily Show's Jon Stewart as Magneto.
Kevin Hart as Professor X.

The whole point of Professor X and Magneto is more or less an allegory for MLK and Malcom X. You make them black and that's a little too on the nose.

Attached: 1pztfy.jpg (500x318, 27K)

Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen are both old as fuck and can't play the roles anymore. It doesn't matter who they cast now

Attached: CollageMaker_20190606_132047057.jpg (1920x2881, 1.9M)

>It makes sense to use more minorities to represent a group that gets persecuted because they are different from everyone else
Cool so we're getting ginger Magneto?

Honestly I've long since stopped caring about characters not being the right race. They could be aliens from Mars and I wouldn't give a fuck, as long as they can act I'm good.

Honestly, a Muslim magneto makes sense.
The holocaust was over half a century ago, while China has Muslim concentration camps NOW.

If true, it'd probably be more an effort to move away from the Holocaust as Magneto's origin. That's like 80 years ago now it's not viable anymore outside of period pieces.

They do?

Can we get Terry Crews as Professor X?

Holy shit it all makes sense now...

>Mentioning Chinese camps in a wide-release movie
>Ever.
We'd have to be in an active shooting war with them for this to even happen.

Attached: 1387798155447.png (293x201, 139K)

How many times does this need to be said; Magneto's secondary mutation is slow aging goddammit.

Mags is generally 40ish right? Or at least look like he's that old. What holocaust equivalent could they tie into from 30-40 years ago?

This is unironically fine.

Tuskegee?

How about you stop trying to "fix" the character and just let him age slow?

>Charles
>MLK Jr
more like W.E.B. Dubois
"please my muggas, stop acting like dangerous hoodlums; simply conform to the flatscans' perception of a good mutant who doesn't stand out, for the rest of your life, and they wont kill you!"

nah he was de-aged a few times

That was 50 years ago nigga

China has organ harvesting programs that literally butcher people alive, Mengele style. And they do this to CHINESE people. Your suggestion that muslims are somehow "extra super special uhpressed" in china is ABSURD. If anything they have things no better or worse than the average Chinese person. People assume that because china is powerful and non-white then that means they can't possibly be literally the new Nazi Germany. Shit sucks for EVERYONE there. If anything the actual Chinese have it the WORST.

Yeah, Movie Kingpin felt far more like Kingpin than Netflix Kingpin.

Considering everything else is going full "woke" Marvel comics in the MCU, why not. Just keep flushing the toilet.

There really wasn't an equivalent event in 1979-1980.

The biggest human disaster of that time was probably the Chernobyl accident in 1986 but that was mostly due to bureaucracy not an outright attempt to target a specific group.

You could tie it in with the Vietnam war somehow, but it doesn't really fit the character.

I didnt say de-age, I said slowed aging. How is that a hard concept?

Easy. Make him come from the Balkans and go through the break up of Yugoslavia.

I'm okay with this.

>tracksuit Magneto
I'll take

So a chinese Magneto. I'd cast Donnie Yen.

Sure having jews represent niggers who grew up in the ghetto makes sense.

Although frankly in all seriousness there have been such serious, serious problems with the idea of the X-Men as minority metaphors that at this point I can’t bring myself to care. All I ask is that they cast someone who can convey the spirit of. the role like Idris Elba for Heimdall and not Tessa Thompson for Valkyrie, and at this point I’m genuinely not sure how optimistic to me. Infinity War fucking sold me on Thanos and Thor, and then while I get what they were trying to do in Endgame for both it just didn’t work for me. Hela was spot on but...being perfectly realistic I’d be astonished if Hela will amount to anything more than a villain of the week going forward.

Only if its this guy as Professor X.

Attached: 51670ADE-471D-43A6-9FE6-B6740D8BC02F.jpg (800x1200, 85K)

But he’sjewish you retards

Because that's fucking lazy and a cop out.

>Race bending an old money rich guy and a jew
Why not just use the minority mutant characters?

Terrence Howard as Magneto.
>What's going on with you, Charles?

Attached: 0009.png (680x680, 264K)

I hope they hire an actual disabled actor to play Charles, as for Magneto my guess it's so he's not connected to a real world tragedy

>Why not just use the minority mutant characters?
Because it makes no difference at the end of the day. You'll still hate it, kick, scream and throw tantrums about it. Stop concern trolling.

No it's not. A lot of mutants have secondary mutations, Mystique, Emma Frost, etc. Fuck your "realism" when we're discussing comic books, especially ones featuring a fucking old asshole able to control Earth's magnetic poles with his mind. You get rid of Magneto's experience during those times, you're essentially rewriting the entire character. So go fuck yourself

Allegories are for olds, I guess.

I wish Hollywood jews would get punched directly in their own pocket every time a PR campaign fails. Maybe then they'd stop believing movies have the same dynamic as tabloids. Leaking fake rumors to faggot online rags is not going to make your movie more popular.

Also, Disney will never produce an X-Men movie.

Actually don’t mind this one tbdesu

>Magneto
>secondary mutation
>when he doesn't even have mutie genes anymore
m8

>he doesn't even have mutie genes anymore
Wait what? When did this happen? Holy shit X-Men needs retired already before they retcon the entire franchise into "it was merely a dream".

The beggining of the end

It will be MCU, Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Wanda fucked his shit up at the end of HoM. Then he went to the High Evolutionary and forced him to give him powers again. So he's technically human mutate at this point.

Don't give Disney ideas.

Jean, Ororo, Scott and Logan are the next

X-Men and Fantastic Four were the only reasons I still had any interest in the MCU. By all means, blackwash them so I can drop the MCU entirely.

So fucking stupid.

Hey guys, remember that time he could heal people by wearing a disguise?

R8.

Attached: X-Men.png (487x581, 399K)

The stupid part is, X-Men are already diverse as shit. They don't need to sex change or blackwash anyone, but I guess everyone isn't a black female yet so they have to keep pushing until everyone is. And can you believe there aren't at least 6 prominent autogynephile nutcases on the X-Men yet? This is an outrage! Trannies are fully 0.6% of the population! Where is their representation??! What? What the fuck is a latino?

Magneto, you need to stop this mindless bloodshed. How many more of our brothers and sisters must die over our clashing ideals?

Attached: morgan-freeman1.jpg (618x410, 62K)

I'll pass. If you want a movie with POC, then make it about characters that are POC instead of just race changing things. People don't see that, by making white characters black is not being diverse. It is appeasement. It is them trying to brag that they are diverse when they are not.

If they do this, it will probably be the nail in the coffin of the MCU.

Rwandan Genocide?

Thanks friends.

You could easily have him be born in the late 60s or 70s. Be in his mid to late twenties during the Yugoslav Wars. And be in his early to late 50s now.

Attached: image-1015192-860_poster_16x9-vqcc-1015192.jpg (860x484, 82K)

>The whole point of Professor X and Magneto is more or less an allegory for MLK and Malcom X.
this is bullshit pushed by Claremont and Singer

Here's a nice idea: how about a fucking GOOD Storm casting? Not fucking Halle Berry. Not the latest whore rapper bitch. But some black actress of the appropriate age and look who can fucking act?

If you truly believe that humans and mutants can coexist peacefully while their death automatons exist with the sole purpose of exterminating us then you are a bigger fool than I thought.

Attached: keith david.jpg (800x420, 27K)

Black Panther and Captain Marvel were successes so I’m gonna guess you’re wrong.

You're right, it is something pushed by the guy who defined 99% of what we think about when we think about the X-Men. I don't know what that has to do with anything though

>Jew erasure
I'll believe it when i see it.

Nobody actually believes this who isn't' a tranny or who doesn't work for Disney. Disney has entered the stage of monopoly where they can just do and say shit without repercussion.

i wanna fuck storm in the ass right now

Yeah, never going to happen.

This, what the fuck, there are so many X-Men who are minorities that have yet to get their due. But instead they're going to take established characters and make them into Black hand-me-downs that insult the Black community by virtue of the fact that these characters have already lived for decades as white characters, seen their popularity rise and fall as white characters, and now when they're used up they're going to make them Black. And Black folks are gonna eat it up like fucking dummies, just like with live action Ariel.

Is that the dude from 50 cents show and sorry to bother you as mags? These are actually really good casting

>Black again
>Latinos getting shut out again

Thanks Marvel

It's because rich Hollywood jews and wine moms DO NOT THINK BLACKS ARE PEOPLE. I really, REALLY wish someone would call them the fuck out on this in the mainstream. That's why they don't make original black characters. They literally don't believe blacks can stand on their own feet as characters. That's why they always miscast actual black characters like Storm as some pop star or someone completely inadequate for the roll and make the character shit onscreen while just turning white characters black.

They don't actually believe blacks are people. The are a weapon to use against everyone else. They still think that outrage sells anything but tabloids. IT DOES NOT.

Shut the fuck up, tranny.

That's pretty fucking sensible, dude.

Make me, little fag boy.

>rumor: I need attention and talking about blackwashing characters guarantees that

Jewish Magneto isn't oppressed enough to represent mutants.

It could work for X maybe but Magneto being a white jewish holocaust survivor is kind of really fucking important to his character and would be absolutely fucking retarded to change.

I'm sure you'll make yourself soon enough.

But it actually doesn't. It just turns people off.

>magneto is trending in the US

lmao

You literally just proved his point you dumbass.

I think I could dig on Magneto as a Japanese or Chinese American and Professor X as perhaps Hispanic or African American
I doubt Marvel would be brave enough to do either as Native Americans though.

Although Prof. X as a gay white man would be nice and Magneto as a straight POC could be a nice touch.

The "I" in that statement refers to the author of the article, not Disney

Oh I see. Doubtful though. I'm positive Disney is sending out some kind of releases or direct messages for these faggot "journalists" to spread this shit.

I never said anything about those movies, asshat. Learn to read.

Let me repeat what I said. I'll try to make it slower so your mongoloid brain can understand.

Changing characters that are not minorities into minorities is not diverse. It is not "woke". It is appeasement. People are too fucking dumb to see it for what it is. They are trying to capitalize on people's gullibility into thinking it is diverse. They are just trying to appease minorities so they will make less noise.

It makes more sense for them to be black as it means people of colour feel Xavier and Magneto are like them.

Magneto is really a white male power fantasy. If I were a black guy I would not relate to him at all; he is portrayed as powerful and alpha to the point the notion he is oppressed is absurd.

Yeah pretty much any half Chinese half Muslim living in south east Asia are being kidnapped and indoctrinated into the communist party

Please kill yourself.

Palestinian, it’s right there but marvel is never going to do it

>Recasting a Jew character that survived the holocaust as a minority
I want them to do this just so I can see it backfire so fantastically.

Attached: D5C87ABA-B768-4D03-8B7E-98B34AF83E90.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

According to Tumblr, Magneto should be a white Jewish man with a brown daughter and white son.

>109978669
Is bait, do not respond.

What gets me is, why don't more black nerds speak out about this? There are fucking tons of them, enough to make their voices heard. When will they stop being a tool of the jew?

How can you be half Muslim? Islam isn't an ethnicity.

Magneto as a victim of Rwandan genocide with Xavier being a victim of Apartheid. Both men come out of their experiences with different perspectives.

Only read every second word

>Magneto is an Ethiopian man who was sterilized by the Israeli government

>why don't more black nerds speak out about this
Because there genuinely aren't that many. Hollywood has created an image of blacks that is pure fucking fiction. They're only 12% of the population of America, but they've tried to convince everyone it's about half. They've promulgated this black intellectual/nerd stereotype so hard in movies and tv for so many years that not only have they gotten a lot of the younger public to believe it but they're actually swallowing their own horseshit now because they've convinced themselves too. That's why MTG has gone full Haitian lately even though it's overwhelmingly played by white males.

I know all of this is useless end stage civilization catshit, but wouldn't it be marvelous if they made Magneto a Palestinian? That would actually be the first racelift I'd 100% support. The hypocrisy coming down from Hollywood would literally lead to struggle sessions in congress.

I want to see the confusion of the woke brigade. This will cause a glorious controversy.

They can't say it's antisemitic to remove Magneto's Jewishness because him being black makes it progressive and improves representation of people of colour.

Anyone who opposes Magneto being black can be called a racist.

Magneto being Jewish was uses by Clairemont to justify using a privileged white male character as an allegory of Malcom X.

>They can't say it's antisemitic to remove Magneto's Jewishness because him being black makes it progressive and improves representation of people of colour.
Of course they can, because they're jews and they never actually cared about "muh representashun". They never see the hypocrisy because to them it's second nature.

Okay maybe, but black DBZ fans are an observable fact.

I don't know if you've been keeping up, but the woke brigade hates Jews at the moment.

Go full topical and have him be a 20 year old Syrian refugee.

>half Chinese half Muslim

Not a thing.

Magneto is the same race as Benjamin Netanyahu.

In fact "oppressed" Magneto is probably a big fan of Netanyahu.

Do you think they enjoy it less because there aren't characters that 'represent' them? This idea that everyone who goes to see a movie, picks up a comic book, etc. only does so because they want to feel represented is the biggest fantasy of all.

Half Chinese half Arab born in Muslim countries. I just got outta work and I’m tired

You people are fucked in the head man. The transexual stuff is always on your mind, I guess the blacked shits over? Normal stuff

Who cares what the actor is?
It's the same role.

They exist. That's not the same as black nerds. Blacks have always been obsessed with kung-fu shit for some reason.

No, the actual LEFT doesn't put up with jews' shit. They actually still defend jews though as long as they're behaving themselves (which is still wrong). The twitter wine moms and movie studio jews obviously don't hate jews.

Shut the fuck up, tranny.

Most black actors who can actually give a decent performance don't want to be apart of these kinds of movies.

as long as Magneto is still Jewish

Do the watch dogs exist in the comics?

>Most black actors who can actually give a decent performance don't want to be apart of these kinds of movies.

Apart means "separate from" you illiterate fuck.

There's a twisted part of me that wants this to happen just to see the apocalyptic level shitstorm from Marvel synergy raping the comic versions into being pocs too.

The only time the left defends Jews is when they can propagandize some kind of antisemetic attack on them by huwhite people.

Black actors will literally take any role offered to them. See; Sam Jackson.

Kung-Fu movies are often about resisting authority and staying in touch with tradition as well as giving a spotlight to non-white leads and voices.
There's a reason Luke Cage and Iron Fist are bros.

>It makes sense to use more minorities to represent a group that gets persecuted

just make them gays like fox's ones

gotta catch them Disney Diversity Dollars

the amount of retconning required, an ethnicity change would literally require an entire back story change. It would be an entirely different character.

It's funny that Magneto was an allegory for Malcolm X but over time Malcolm X mellowed out and was given a new perspective on life when he went to mecca. I would like to see Magneto go through this form of development (idk if he has in the past)

WHY DON'T WE MAKE EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER NOT-WHITE, OP
fuck right off

he's mellowed out a few times but status quo states that he goes back to be a villain most of the time

>n-men

>gay-men

>giru-gamesh

Yeah unfortunately

He’s been pretty consistently good for the last 15 years honestly, ever since he brought kitty back he’s been working with Scott.

Bosnian or Rwandan Magneto could work. What's really necessary for his backstory is that he saw the full extent of man's inhumanity to man, and fortunately for Marvel the 20th Century has a lot more examples of this than just the Holocaust.

>I would like to see Magneto go through this form of development (idk if he has in the past)

Magneto's original redemption was a plot thread that started in Uncanny 150 and came to a head in Uncanny 200. From there he because the headmaster of the school. Here's him taking a break from chaperoning a multi-school dance. Also, Kitty trying and failing to be a slut

Attached: New Mutants V1 #45 (1986) - Page 13.jpg (2048x3154, 1.04M)

>white people cannot and have never been oppressed at any point in history

Attached: 1565755680668.jpg (277x396, 36K)

Stop fucking saying people of color when this raceswapping shit is always black people. Holy shit fuck off.

Hmmmm that's not so bad. where can I read these runs. Right now i'm reading Powers of X and House of X and i'm alwyas looking to read more X-Men material. I've also read grand design (I haven't read the newest one tho) X-Statix and Grant Morrisons New X-Men

Then go watch Minority Report

Uncanny X-men Noted

>Disney
>Home

Black isn't even a color anyway, it's devoid of color. White is literally all colors combined. The ultimate people of color.

Allegory is truly dead, huh?

it's been done already

Attached: tr.jpg (852x480, 65K)

Bald men are of lower status than most minorities

They should keep Magneto white, but if they could get Denzel for Charles, that would be fucking kino.

He rescues Kitty in Uncanny X-men 522 but I'm not sure where he goes from there. My knowledge of that period is a spotty. Here's a short story from that era.

It's not an every issue thing. Claremont's style at the time was to juggle as many plots as possible. That period is great, arguably the peak of X-men comics (IMO 171 is, if not the best single issue, the issue that best represents the run) so if you have time I'd recommend reading all of it.

Attached: Nation X 001-002.jpg (988x1500, 278K)

Brainlets rule society now.

Denzel isn't subdued enough to be Charles. Morgan Freeman would be better, but he's too old.

Attached: Nation X 001-003.jpg (988x1500, 1.17M)

Attached: Nation X 001-004.jpg (988x1500, 1.37M)

Attached: Nation X 001-005.jpg (988x1500, 1.2M)

Book of Eli? The Equalizer? I'm not looking for Training Day Denzel.

Magneto is a Jew, they won't racebend him.

Attached: Nation X 001-006.jpg (988x1500, 1.02M)

Honestly at that point make him magneto and have forest whitaker be xavier

Attached: Nation X 001-007.jpg (988x1500, 1.33M)

Attached: Nation X 001-008.jpg (988x1500, 1.15M)

Attached: Nation X 001-009.jpg (988x1500, 1.26M)

I just feel like a white Magneto works better if we have to drop the Holocaust angle. A white dude who, in his teen years, is suddenly stripped of his privilege because he's a mutant and turns into the angry, violent mutant terrorist we know today.

>Elliot "Mgneto" Rodger

I honestly just want him to be palestinian, make him an orphan of the occupation and he's ship him off to the US to be studied. There he meets xavier gets his powers and radicalizes officially, this way you can give him a tangible enemy that needs to be portrayed with nuance

Replacing the horror of the holocaust with lol white privilege? you can't be serious

That sounds awfully antisemitic

anti zionist honey, there's a subtle but important difference

That was comfy, thanks user

This, they'll never get a more perfect casting than Pickard and Gandalf anyway

Denzel for MAgneto could work tho.

I'm fine with this, but there are a shit ton of black X-Men characters out there, why not promote them to the main roster and be done with it? They could have Storm as the leader of the team/main character if they want to...But I guess recasting is more woke?

>Tweet says nothing about black people
>Entire thread is about black people

Look at all this space. I can't believe they let us stay here rent free.

Its honestly why I'm annoyed that Fox didn't get to release the second pheonix movie, we could've finally gotten to see it done properly on screen once, gotten our proper JEAN from scott and then let storm take over as leader. I really hope they don't tie her to just being BPs love interest in his second movie but god knows he doesn't have to many stories left to adapt

I've been wanting mags to be palestinian for literally years but everyone just shoots to black. expect for this guy he just wants magneto to be an angry white guy

their ideologies were already allegories lifted race and civil rights movements to talk about race and civil rights to people that wouldn't identify ....
they aren't colored specifically to reach and be identifiable for the people they are supposed to reach

Seeing as they can't do the "Magneto was in the Holocaust" thing forever it might be a smart idea for them to reassociate his origin with something like the Rwandan genocide so it makes sense to recast him if that is their idea. Plus Magneto and Proffessor X have always acted as sort of surrogates for Malcolm X and MLK so casting them as black actors makes sense.

>Seeing as they can't do the "Captain America fought in WWII" thing forever it might be a smart idea for them to reassociate his origin with something like the Arab Spring

we'll the entire conceit of cap is you CAN do that forever, but a massive part of magneto is his relationship to xavier and you can't just disconnect them or have them both be 90s in the first fucking movie

>I'm fine with this
Whenever I see this phrase I just assume the poster is about to cut off their dick.

They said "POC" you fucking tranny. That means black to these kikes.

There's nothing stopping you from freezing Magneto. That way the Holocaust is a (relatively) fresh memory while for Xavier it's something he learned about in school. It's not like they need to be childhood friends.

Relax, Jedediah.

Dilate.

Wait, is this why there were a lot of threads trying to persuade people to accept the idea of Magneto no longer having ties to WWII?

doesn't it seem cheap to have two characters straight out of world war 2? Magneto needs to be aged but he still needs to be connected to the world. When do you freeze him? When do you "unthaw" him? How do he and xavier meet? I say make Xavier an arab jew and make magneto palestinian, that way you can get the anger and pathos out of their connection and you can force marvel to write a subtle villain

I guess you want a 20 year old Wolverine so we don't have to deal with the icky thoughts that he also fought in WWII.

but wolverine is functionally immortal magneto is not.

>wolverine is functionally immortal

Because writers decided that he is. There was a time when a gun was scary for Wolverine. Writers decide all and there's no reason they can't put a little bit of effort in to keep Magento's iconic backstory

>Got depressed when he couldn't help his students
>Shipped them off to Emma thinking she could help
>Snapped out of his funk
>Fought the Avengers to get his kids back
Professor Magneto was great.

Attached: RCO013_1468924730.jpg (920x1363, 573K)

We can't just freeze all of our problems, user. I know it seems apealing but we just don't have enough ice!
Though to be fair, comicwise it doesn't really matter. But for doing movie adaptations it's not a bad idea to look to other events in history for inspiration. It's not like human ever really stopped commiting atrocities after the Holocaust. We as a species still do some pretty terrible things to each other.

Why is it always black people. If you don't want them to be white, use a different race other than black people. There are literally dozen others they could be using.

But what you do lose is his attempt to not be drowned by his own vengeance, and the connection to xavier trying to pull him from his destiny. If you just freeze him and bring him back you don't actually get any of that, you just get a cackling madman killing the grandchildren of would be oppressors

Because they are the least desirable to look at, so the rich get off on triggering everyone by shoving them in everyone's face because there's no contrarian like a rich suburbanite.

>Palestinian Magneto
>Bosnian muslim Magneto

Attached: 1484601737155.gif (500x500, 800K)

Thanks for posting this 'feel out the audience's reaction to x' tweet so that the marketing guys could have a broader set of reactions.

... mcu marketing guy, op

I don't even know why they do this shit. They're just going to make everyone niggers anyway.

>making (((magneto))) a POC
>making Professor X a POC
But why though?

lmfao
the mcu is complete cancer and should be continually shit upon and burnt in a furnace

Why is intentional racebending even a thing? Like, I get if an actor happens to be a different race than the character but actually just ends up winning the audition (Michael Clarke Duncan's Kingpin springs to mind, who incidentally was far and away the best thing about Affleck Daredevil), but why bother actually making a point of it?

Magneto's original heel-face epiphany came after he injured Shadowcat in a battle. He then became a good guy for years, and when Editorial ordered his character development to be undone and have him revert back to villainy is what drove Claremont off writing duties.

Mr. Sinister was originally created specifically to replace Magneto, no?

how can you justify an african american who commits genocide every month?
hard mode: no "its ok when the people who died are white"

Not replace, but he was created because Claremont felt there was a dearth of X-Men villains.

More pertinent, X-Men work on the minority metaphor. You can't do the metaphor when you've got actual minority issues that logically would need to be dealt with on top of the fantastical issues.

Pretty based. Tired of seeing white people pretend to be heros

Honestly I know I need to get over it but I'm sad Magneto isn't gonna have his holocaust origin much longer.

I think Xavier should be white because part of his story is about his relative privilege, he's a rich white New England WASP, especially compared to Magneto.

The Claremont era X-Men are actually diverse already is what I don't get. The ones you can race bend are the O5

I think that Charles Xavier should still be white, since he was a mutant that "passes" as human that was accepted by wider society.

Whoopi Goldberg would be perfect for Magneto

oh shut the fuck up

Professor N and Magghetto

Based

>One of the most diversified team to ever grace the Marvel books
>Let's diversify it even more
Fuck em. Erik is already jewish too.

zoomers are too dumb for metaphors?

I'm down with whoever they cast as Xavier but Magneto HAS to be a holocaust survivor. It's the foundation of his character and what makes him interesting. Just bullshit some way his powers makes him age slowly

Hahaha, that’s fucking retarded

People are stupid. You can never be too on the nose.

The same way Fox justified Magneto post Age of Apocalypse. Just pretend it never happened and it's okay because Xavier forgave him.

Magneto doesn't deserve a voice that badass.

>people saying ‘POC’ and ‘people of color’ in the thread
Holy shit. That’s literally no different than ‘colored person’.

I bet you say ‘latinx’ instead of ‘latino’ or ‘hispanic’ too.

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.
Just all asians get lumped in together but hate each other, and just like africans, ameericans, and carribeans all get saddled with the label of black, and just like mexicans, puerto ricans, and central and south americans are all relegated to a single banner in the US, to minorities in the US Jews are mostly just "white".

>Do you think they enjoy it less because there aren't characters that 'represent' them?
What are you talking about?
Piccolo exists.

Correction: Most black actors that can actually give a decent performance were already in Black Panther. Or will probably be in the sequel.
Our ideal Storm is T'challa's mom.

I could actually see that working. I mean he's already a race supremacist.

This.

Attached: This.gif (300x540, 679K)

Retard opinion.

Make Blake black too

Well, I never knew that. I guess its obvious if you are american, but for anyone else outside USA that doesn't know a shit about Martin Luther or Malcom X speeches is not that obvious.
Like that black woman that sat on a bus with white people or something that murricans speak off as if you should know who the fuck was.

America is really weird when it comes to racial stuff and make a big deal over things that should be normal. Like how proud they are about civil war stuff because it ended slavery and yadayada. They needed a fucking war to get rid of slavery, that's not something to be proud.

Attached: confused venom.jpg (512x384, 13K)

Call me old-fashioned but I hate Jews and other non-whites.

They should work on not pronouncing Xavier as Egg Saviour.

>Like how proud they are about civil war stuff because it ended slavery and yadayada. They needed a fucking war to get rid of slavery, that's not something to be proud.
Most of them are celebrating fighting against its ending. And the war didn't even really end it. Just made more requirements.

That's pretty close to MLK's idealogy.

Magnegro

Do whatever to Xavier, his demographic can literally be whatever.

I'm not a fan of changing Magneto. Like to me, him being a holocaust survivor is important because it paints his views of how horrific man can be to those who are different. I cant think of anything like the Holocaust for other races. Am I missing something?

It works for Magneto, because you can't keep making him a Holocaust survivor 80+ years after the fact and expect everyone to believe he isn't a senile old fuck who should be stuck in a hospital bed.

Prisoner of the Soviet Union who was experimented on until it’s collapse in the 1980s

Except that kind of kills the analogy. But whatever, I'm down for Rwandese Magneto.

Attached: 1475195351444.jpg (216x290, 15K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_genocide

Many Ethiopian Jews in WW2 era Germany?

The general public doesn't care about this, or even know what a Rwanda is.

>replacing a jewish character that lived through the holocaust
This isnt going to happen

So? It's a genocide, it's not exactly hard to get.

>Rwanda
What's the takeaway from that? The UN is useless? No one cares about Africa? I'm not sure how Magneto sees that and then decides that mutants should run things. With Cambodia, you might be able to pull off a hatred for the big powers thing but Rwanda's genocide doesn't seem like a great start for a heroic villain.

Attached: cambodia-killing-field.jpg (768x432, 73K)

Someone tell the ADL marvel is antisemitic. Magneto is greatest Jew character ever written.

Actually, I take that back. Have Magneto and Charles run a refugee school or something. Soldiers kill the kids. Magneto would then take on a militant view that they should run things while Charles insists that they give peace a chance. It's so generic that you could have it in basically any country and still make a passable Professor X and Magneto.

Top kek

Top kek and Malcolm Xavier

But Cambodia was political, not ethnic.
>The UN is useless? No one cares about Africa? I'm not sure how Magneto sees that and then decides that mutants should run things.
You gave 2 reasons he would. I'm really not seeing how it's entirely different from "nazis killed jews, clearly mutants should run things".

Yeah, white villain Magneto and black Xavier is much more likely.

Charles can be changed, that's okay. He does come from old money which explains how he's able to run a school but that can be explained in other ways.

I'm gonna be fucking upset if they change Magneto. As a Jew, I don't want to see the most notable Jewish Cape character, a Holocaust survivor no less, taken away. Yes there have been other genocides since, but the Holocaust is still special in history and in culture.

Sure it starts to pose timeline problems but that stuff can be easily waved away with de-aging or slowed aging as a side effect of his powers or secondary mutation or whatever.

But taking away the most notable Holocaust survivor in popular culture would deeply upset me.

>white
they'll say he isn't white, he's jewish. Then they'll both try to play the bigger victim to get mutants on their side.
>what you don't want to be a child soldier at my mansion? Is it because i'm black, are you a racist?

Yeah, you're right. You just need anger to make a good Magneto.

You say that like the Holocaust risks being forgotten if Magneto isn't tied to it. There's dozens of movies about WW2 every year.
Also Ben Grimm>>>Magneto.

Disney would never touch something as controversial as the Uighur concentration camps in Xinjiang, shit only Julian Castro has had the balls to even slightly hint at them during any of the democratic debates.

Yes, China is pretty fucking awful to all it's citizens and is a highly oppressive police state where thought crime can get anyone disappeared, but the Uighurs really do get it worse than anyone else. They have fucking police stationed inside their HOMES to keep tabs on them, cameras on almost everything, and if they fuck up (read: pray, stop smoking, etc.,) they get sent to a concentration camp where they are forced to drink beer and eat pork as well as be forced into slave labor.

You know what, yeah I'm gonna change my point here. I'd accept a Uighur Magneto (though I'd still miss Erik) but there is no chance of that ever happening when Disney wants to sell their shit in China

The X-Men has been about diversity and discrimination since Giant-Sized X-Men #1.

You can change any of the white characters, and it wouldn't change their story, with the possible exception of Angel (Warren Worthington III) since his story is that he comes from a place of traditional wealth, but his mutation makes him unwelcome..

Iceman, Cyclops, Beast, and Jean Grey can all be changed without any major changes to their origins or character arcs.

Hell, making Prof. X and Magneto black would allow them to more closely mirror King Jr. and Malcolm X.

I agree they're a good call, but, and I don't know why, I think swapping those two around would be better.
The bottom guy feels more like Charles to me and the top guy feels more like mags.
I have no real reason for saying it, it's just my opinion.

Looking at how the two main superpowers in the world have concentration camps right now I'd say we are in danger of losing the lessons of the Holocaust

Why black though? Why not make magneto Tibetan? Or Palestinian? Or a Bosnian Muslim? Or a Muslim from Myanmar?

Clearly that has nothing to do with people not talking about it.

All of those are much more likely to piss someone off. I can already imagine some Serbian politician calling for a boycott.

Because of Stan Lee's retroactive claim that the relationship is based on the Malcolm X and King Jr.

It also plays to Hollywood's elite trying to show they they're giving American demographics a chance.

As for the other ethnicities you mentioned. It's too controversial, since Muslim terrorism is still a big issue in the world (although the numbers are down in the last decade), and Disney will not mention Tibet in fear of upsetting China, who is a major market for their theatrical runs. (Why do you think Dr. Strange's mentor was a white woman, and not an old Tibetan man?)

Yeah, but Malcom X was killed by muslims.
Magneto won't mellow down to that point.

What's funny is that isn't even true. Magneto didn't start as a jew. It's already a retcon.

That wouldn't explain why he waited 80~ years to reveal himself and start being a terrorist

Make Xavier black and Magneto asian.
They grew up in the civil rights era of the United States, Xavier being paralyzed because of MUH RACISM and Magneto having been brought to America from some oppressive Asian shithole
I swear to god's fat man tits that it'll make a billion dollars

Pretty much this, making them black is the safest diversity-card for Marvel. They would NEVER make Magneto a Muslim and even less a Tibetan (Even though it would be interesting to say the least). They don't have the balls and to be honest, they don't need to.

>”Charles can be changed”
>”but don’t change (((magneto)))”
Pottery. Magneto should be Palestinian.

People are too stupid nowadays to know what an allegory is in film

There are new holocaust survivors every year, the trauma can be passed down

It's kind of amazing that you're bitching about a jewish villain staying jewish.

That’s honestly why I think Palestinian is the way to go. Islamic terrorism is a legitimate problem throughout the world. It’s a problem started through legitimate grievances that now have become oppressors in their own right, much like magnetos actual story. You could do something with Rwanda sure but I think the more interesting story has to keep him within abrahamic religions.

Killing Fields maybe e? Though, you already have Shan for that.

We all know making Mags Palestinian would piss off both Jews and Muslims, and probably a bunch of unrelated people too.
Just make a movie about Palestine without the magic bullshit, it's not like you're going to get people to actually care about it because you shoe-horned it in a cape movie.

Jews are part of the white privilege

Why would it piss off muslims? Because he starts as a terrorist?

It's all limousine liberals lumping all minorities together and attempting to force their gender politics on the language of another people so they can feel woke speaking the oppressed brown people language.

>I cant think of anything like the Holocaust for other races. Am I missing something?
Yes. If they make him black, they should make him Khoi-san, who the Bantu massacred throughout Africa. That'll piss literally everyone off.

it's very different and there's a reason people like MLK used it

Who wasn't even originally jewish. He was a gypsy before he was a jew I'm pretty sure.

That, and they're pretty easy to piss off in general.

Yes. And because he constantly goes back to terrorism. Furthermore, you're going to be stepping into the minefield that is intra-Palestinian politics.

I think he still is a gypsy but they haven’t brought it up in a while. Both doom and magneto are gypsies, what did Stan mean by this?

I think they will need to do some sort of time muckery or freeze him or make it so mutants age slower or something for him to be a holocaust survivor if they are setting it in present day +5.
There are plenty of other more modern genocides he could have escaped from though in Africa and Asia

because they want to appeal to one of the largest and most vocal group of minorities in America. It's pure marketing, and nothing more

Worse they have jewish privilege which is white privilege on steroids

I mean if they’re changing one character why not change the other

I'm not saying they shouldn't, I'm saying seeing jewish trickery when we're talking about a villain is stupid.

Lots of stuff but it's all Communist based so it won't happen.

I hope they don't try to equate being a Black American is the same suffering as a jew in WWII

>makes magneto black
>still makes him a holocaust survivor

You have Salma Hayek in Eternals, your novela watching mom must be happy.

Magneto hasn’t been a villain for over a decade, I feel like you could actually tackle the concept with keeping his built in rage and grow the character. Or make him an Afghan freedom fighter from the 70s get a cameo by fury helping train him in the 80s and go from there

>Iron Fist
Can he be redone at this point, in this climate?

Down for non-white Charles and Erik, just makes me worry for any Danny reboot...

Your mention of Beast actually makes me remember there's a whole thing with some mutants being able to "pass", so the groundwork is already there.

Isn't Magneto a Jew anyway? He's already a "people of color".

Changing race is lazy and a cop out.

I wouldn't mind a white Storm.

This.

Whenever liberals speak about "people of color", they almost always just mean niggers.

>There are fucking tons of them

are there?

>(idk if he has in the past)
Go read the part of the run where Chuck fucks off to space and Magneto is in charge of the New Mutants. It was a great time.

It's not a retcon. It was an expansion. A retcon is changing some already established backstory. Making a backstory for someone where none existed, that's not a retcon.

>Magneto is white goy... ;)
They wont touch China, any Arab country, any other European country (too white). I guess they will go Hispanic and lean heavily on the immigration narrative,but wont hit hard on the failings of their governments.

Tell that to the Snyderbots and the Snyder haters.

Most tards get angry at things they can’t understand

Still is a lie, because Stan Lee never think in Xavier and Magneto as allegories of MLK and Malcolm X. Not only that, Magneto was first a gipsy instead of a jew. Only with the Singer's movies, the jew origin was accepted over the gipsy one.

Professor X and Magneto are meant to represent holocaust survivors, why the fuck do they need to be black? I swear to christ

>Magneto hasn’t been a villain for over a decade
And that's lame as shit. Not every misguided villain needs a redemption just because they had good intentions.

Magneto never really had good intentions, he just had righteous fury. A giant portion of the time he was wrong in the specific moment but his anger always blinded him at the end of it. Look at how he treated poor toad for so long.

Yaaaaaaaawn.

>Mags is generally 40ish right?
In mid-80s comics he'd survived the camps 40+ years ago, so closer to 50.

>Magneto is already a nonwhite
>Professor Xiao

White is a color.