I kind of realized why western cartoons feel so sterile nowadays...

I kind of realized why western cartoons feel so sterile nowadays. It's because all the dialogue and character designs have to be "pre-censored" so SJWs don't get pissed off. No cartoon writer wants to be known as a racist or sexist.

Steven Universe is an example of a show that tries to have deep, edgy ideas, but runs away from the most obvious problems. Such as Steven tolerating the diamonds' reign of oppressing everyone and directly/indirectly shattering a bunch of gems.

Attached: IMG_20190908_175049.jpg (574x826, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/dave_chappelle_sticks_and_stones
youtube.com/watch?v=JqkDhqEeyiw
vimeo.com/64386008
mega.nz/#F!v7gikCSI!znl0lRExzQJDR3gRbscfkQ
vimeo.com/203265038),
youtube.com/watch?v=Zasx9hjo4WY)
youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZmMjMdrqs)
catsuka.com/news/2019-06-26/le-college-noir-adapte-en-serie-par-la-cachette-d-apres-la-bd-d-ulysse-malassagne
vimeo.com/179779722
timprobert.com/bea-cad-style-frames
youtube.com/watch?v=LYs_GCy9PRk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8f6pE69k0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japan isn't a really integrated society in the slightest, so it doesn't have those worries
But you don't have to go "dark" to put out sophisticated ideas

Why does every complaint about the animation industry revolve around Steven Universe?

Attached: perfect.png (510x419, 357K)

Most idiots came to that conclusion in like 2012. Good job joining them.

because this is Yea Forums and these people have nothing else going on in their lives so they look for stuff to be upset about

>caring what some literal who thinks
don't do this

This

People don't dig for stuff and only go by what they hear from people screaming
So people think the entire animation industry is Steven Universe

Attached: 1568006343597.jpg (237x307, 27K)

Because it's guilty of all of them?

Cartoons take 3 years from when they're written to when they're shown. I doubt SJW outrage has been that effective.

>Use the Chinese version
And let those Asian Venezuelans win? I think NOT!

>It's another REEEEEE SJW RUIN EVERYTHING thread
You have to go back

>PC culture is ruining comedy
You're like 5 years late to the party, the rest of the world realized this ages ago.

>do you really want to use this cultural symbol that's associated with cultural genocide? just delete it and use this other one instead bro
Is this satire?

Attached: 1448680349077.jpg (600x379, 29K)

>It's because all the dialogue and character designs have to be "pre-censored" so SJWs don't get pissed off. No cartoon writer wants to be known as a racist or sexist.

You're just now figuring this out? This is what people have been sperging out about for years, but nobody listened because they were spergs.

Notice however, the extreme irony of a person being against "cultural genocide" advocating for censorship of foreign artwork because they find a part of their culture unpleasant.

i don't think any normal person who was never exposed to social media controversies would be able to see the grievances you see in it

This is Korean brainwashed propaganda that was started in 2012 to defend their own racism to Japanese at a soccer studium. Shit wss all started by one Korean racist soccer player, and all Korean media rode on the racist hypewagon. The whole thing is purely ill and manufurctured. Fully fabricated narrative.

Social media has created a planet of cops who will tear you down for their own self promotion so everyone self censors for threat of alienating some social group. Look at the Dave Chappelle thing, no one can admit they laughed even if they did because they'll get cancelled for some 'ism'. Its The Emperors New Clothes played large, don't step out of line, follow the orthodoxy. It's hilarious how this is the progressive position because it's intrinsically anti-culture.

kamikaze tanjiro

This sounds like something Trump would say. Especially the wss part.

That's not even the rising sun flag, it's a fucking hanafuda card symbol. Idiot virtue signalers I swear

It's pretty indicative of alot of problems. OP brought up a very legitimate point of how singing and talking magically solve every problem, and no difficult choices ever have to be made.

>op finds literal who idiot and posts screencap on Yea Forums
Into the shadow realm with this thread.

>It's because all the dialogue and character designs have to be "pre-censored" so SJWs don't get pissed off. No cartoon writer wants to be known as a racist or sexist.
>if something isn't sexist or racist it's sterile
man, you need something better to do with your life than start east vs west threads
Most normal, healthy people, solve their problems by talking.

being this ignorant about hanafuda...

I legit heard no negative comments on chappelles new special outside of my anti-sjw friend who brings up what some nobodies on the internet think about it.

Attached: confusedbrul.gif (320x320, 3.71M)

No argument.
Even the mainland Chinese don't see this as an issue. This all comes from Koreans and their absolutely nationalistic media. Also before that, this shit is purely insane as a policy. Censorship of any kind of sunlight design/icon is totally over the top.

>another worthless thread the mods won't delete
Fuck that shit lmao what's your favorite Yea Forums webms bros?

Attached: TheFlippMeister.webm (720x405, 626K)

Getting mad about the rising sun is the stupidest fucking thing
Might as well complain to the UK and get them to stop using the union jack because it has imperialistic associations

Attached: sucker of souls 2.webm (720x405, 2.91M)

You forgot to point out that 99% of this shit comes directly from leftists.
Let's not fuel the delusion that is an "all sides" neutral matter.

Mods hate Japan so why not.

Attached: eat.webm (720x477, 1.4M)

Attached: so many birthdays.webm (960x540, 3M)

Yes, no right-wingers ever go online and complain about perceived leftist agendas in cartoons. We're definitely not in one of those threads right now.

Attached: steven's lion.webm (960x540, 3M)

Attached: EnC cheese it.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

Attached: Ryan Woodward 1.webm (720x405, 1.55M)

Attached: Garnet and Jasper Fight Colored.gif (500x281, 2.72M)

Attached: Death_Mark.webm (720x405, 2.77M)

If it's just the designs, wasn't there someone here pointing out the lip size of all the black characters? Eat a dick, OP.

Attached: Basilisk.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

shut the fuck up
rottentomatoes.com/m/dave_chappelle_sticks_and_stones

Attached: Astartes - Part Four-V2B6de1Geks.webm (1280x582, 2.94M)

Attached: normal dialogue.webm (720x405, 1.69M)

>MOOOOODS I DON'T LIKE THIS DELETE THIS IS AN ORDER FROM YOUR GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD
Fuck off, shitstain.

I saw a Kimetsu pic and thought this webm would perfectly fit in

Attached: 1565484003222.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Then fuck off you Korean patriot. This is pure /pol/ shit. Its nothing but nationalism and patriotism stuff.

>it's yet another "SJW BAD STEVEN UNIVERSE BAD" thread

Attached: 1f0afcd25ff084592de1142a42da7495.396x382x1.jpg (396x382, 40K)

I like the colors on that fire

Attached: The Dump.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

>Steven Universe is an example of a show that tries to have deep, edgy ideas,
It does not, its surface level at best and that's by design. Its definitely made for really little children, of course you're going to sterilize it. If an adult's watching it, they're okay with every problem having a dirt stupid solution and with love and kisses being the answer to everything from genocide to the death of the planet. Just like how adults who watch Hey Arnold are okay with the solution being 'Arnold talks for a bit.' The reason western cartoons feel sterile is because they're either aimed at 6 year olds or people okay with writing made for 6 year olds. Stop using Steven Universe for everything, its not even made for pre-teens. You think a pre-teen isn't going to see the issues with the whole diamond thing? Or the movie's finale? Or the barn or anything? Come on. Kids shows are their own thing with very basic and dumb plots and you have to accept that, or just stop watching them.

The bigger issue is writers just don't have any real outlet for the more mature stuff, and as a result when they try-like with Castlevania-it comes off downright simple because that's all they know.

I don't see an issue with it. You fags are as cancerous as they come

Attached: Blade Summoner.webm (720x405, 1.76M)

SU is the perfect example of everything wrong with American animation. Absolutely every problem is represented.

Attached: beaver toss.webm (720x405, 2.2M)

they dont watch cartoons so the only one they can point at is SU

Attached: LP dragon.webm (870x388, 2.47M)

Attached: OKKO Red Action No Sound.webm (720x405, 1.89M)

Attached: inbal breda 1.gif (400x296, 708K)

Seriously, shut the fuck up about kids shows being basic, ask for actually mature storytelling instead. You're the dumbass who went to Steven Universe of all things looking for some kind of quality instead of accepting its made for babies. Its bright, colorful, stupid and it has catchy songs, just put it on the same level as the Beauty and the Beast christmas movie and you won't have anything to worry about. That one even had an action scene too! Just try to find venues for better stories instead of baby shit.

PC culture is ruining comedy but we figured that out back in like 2014. now that the backlash is picking up that's becoming tiresome too. Now. its all just I'M GONNA KEEP SAYING NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER TO OWN THE LIBS or I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS LITERALLY RAPE and it's becoming so incessant that there's no point in engaging with any kind of art anymore. There's always SJWs and antiSJWs screeching autistically at each other and the in fighting leaks into the show in one form or another.

At this point I'm giving up on cartoons and tv shows and maybe even video games. No one can make controversial choices without an SJW or an antiSJW shitting their pants and trying to drag everyone else into it.

the chimpout over CDPR says otherwise (esp since extreme body modification has been a feature of cyberpunk genre since the 80s)

Attached: Topburger Dracko Ultimate Collab.webm (720x405, 2.83M)

I thought you said Rescue Rangers at first and got confused as hell

Attached: get a horse 1.gif (638x359, 622K)

Attached: Dark Dark Woods.webm (480x270, 1.29M)

Steven universe get's censored too hell in localization and not just for lbgt laws, you just wan't too bitch about liberals while using anime as a crutch.

Attached: .png (432x481, 116K)

>No cartoon writer wants to be known as a racist or sexist.
Lol speak for yourself, this is why i've gone independent. I'm ready to ravish your feefees!

Lefties butthurt about a thread they dont have to commit too and righties butthurt the lefty operates in cartoon space. My question is why dont you fucking retards stop thinking an argument pertaining to “/pol/“ or “sjws” will alleviate or fix the problems? Its obvious you shitters won’t ever agree on anything anyway. Just fucking shoot each other already, in Minecraft.

Or you could just ignore their chimping out and just enjoy whatever you want with people who aren't obsessed with this shit.

>you just wan't too bitch about liberals while using anime as a crutch.
He wants to bitch about cartoons and is using liberals as a crutch. If you think this isn't the same guy who makes all theother east vs west threads you're fucking stupid

Attached: Richard Williams Prologue.webm (450x253, 3M)

Attached: 1490084958565.webm (800x450, 2.64M)

Attached: DwAmFTMXQAAVLXv.webm (600x338, 2.74M)

>muh japan
>muh SJWs
>muh Steven Universe
Microcosm of this board’s cancer this thread is

Attached: super space 1.gif (600x338, 1.48M)

>Steven universe get's censored too hell in localization and not just for lbgt laws,
What the fuck

What kind of pussy ass nation thinks Steven Universe is too much? Do they shit themselves raw when reruns of Justice League come on?

Why are Americans so stupid?

you are right. it's hard when it's overrunning social media and this board, i've been coming to Yea Forums for years and i'm just hitting the breaking point because no one can shut up.

probably just means i should get off the internet but damn why does it have to be like this

Attached: south-park-s10e10c12-dawgs-crew-16x9.jpg (960x540, 44K)

Attached: super space 2.gif (700x656, 1.27M)

what game?

a question as old as time, there's something in the water over here

russia, the middle east, africa, europe, australlia, too name a few. the russian localization borderline cut's all impact or slicing, no male nuddity, and certain characters can't be seen crying, even hetero romance is cut.

Attached: .png (1280x682, 1.1M)

So what does Yuro and Strayacunt cut? I get africa, no need to go into that one.

it's a fan animation of cowboy bebop from an animator on twitter and I can't remember who, sorry

Attached: Excited to Eat.gif (500x281, 449K)

>the russian localization borderline cut's all impact or slicing, no male nuddity, and certain characters can't be seen crying, even hetero romance is cut.
So yeah apparently even Justice League would be heavily censored there. That's fucking stupid, why import it at all? Were they forced to in a deal? Saying Steven Universe can't have crying is like saying Spongebob can't be a frycook, its pretty vital to this gayass show. I'm kind of surprised Russians care about "Impacts"(?) or cutting things. You'd think those guys would be all for it.

Attached: kairos.webm (990x552, 2.93M)

From what I can dredge up with a quick googling, they essentially shoved it into a channel for toddlers, we're talking really little kid stuff like what would be seen on Nick Jr for us in the state, and toddler shows have much stricter rules about what you can show. So, apparently, whoever was at the head of the channel just found it weird us americans stuck that shit in our baby shows.

Meanwhile Japan's finding it weird we didn't add more. The world is a silly place.

Attached: vlc-record-2019-09-12-20h40m29s-Ballad of Bea and Cad.mp4-.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

this, don't let other people ruin your favorite things for you, it's silly

based user posting nice animation webms

I know how you feel, I had to take a break from Yea Forums when Yea Forums's faggotry first started getting out of control, and I stay off twitter for sanity's sake as it is. Try taking a break from one or both for a while, especially social media where this shit is even worse.

Attached: little bandits.webm (720x405, 1.61M)

emu land, cut's explosions, slicing to the extent it's even implied, any vocal reference too death, any scene that shows impact or something breaking kissing or romance also get's cut. Eu is less so but there more up there ass about showing romance of any kind.

Attached: .gif (320x240, 1.83M)

Attached: nosoundHero.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

Why do I feel like most weebs tend to be alt right /pol/tards?

they both can't get laid and are passive aggresive bitches

Because they're also Yea Forums crossboarders.

that's a good idea, user. thanks, take care of yourself out there

Attached: 1540886452831.gif (256x183, 1.11M)

You too. Enjoy your hobby in peace.

>Show clearly takes place pre ww2
>Character clearly wearing them as a hand-me down of his family
>still think it's promoting Imperialism

Not only that but if they actually cared to look into the earrings they'd know they were based off a hanafuda card, like even a quick wiki check would confirm this

Theyre alzo based off a Hanafuda card, which can be found out pretty easily.

The change would also invalidate the very meaning of the earrings, as they are actually vitally important to a later plot reveal.

You can't expect much from literally who twitter thots

this better not tell me there's an embedded file again

Attached: vlc-record-2019-09-12-21h04m06s-Spring Herald.mp4-.webm (2048x864, 2.84M)

>18 / they+them / NYC
>korean flag
>jojo avatar
Surely you can see where I'm going with this

Attached: 1567824222735.png (500x522, 132K)

>people still believe this stupid post
>posted to both twitter and tumblr
>starting to see fanart infected by a retarded lie

Attached: 1513159256050.jpg (540x540, 21K)

Most healthy, normal people also get fucked over 24/7 and only manage to get by by the skin of their teeth.
Not every problem can be solved with talking. Most, yes, but trying to sell that literally all of them can is a harmful notion.
>Pssh dumb WWII veterans fighting like a bunch of children. Surely I, a man/woman that watches children's cartoons in my early thirties, have it all figured out.
Sooner or later we all have to fight for something.

Go outside

Was that on a little kids channel too or was this on the mainline channels next to stuff like Ben 10?

Hmm weird, it's almost like it has something to do with the show itself...

it's the turner asia pacific master edit so it's meant for all broadcasts.

Attached: .png (523x160, 134K)

Because they are a bigger test audience than western cartoon fans, so they are bound to have more of everything, including racist people.

I am not good at making webms

Attached: rapunzel.webm (1280x720, 2.72M)

Attached: badger.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

Attached: dream walker.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Attached: vlc-record-2019-09-12-21h32m19s-Kitbull.mp4-.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

>3MB is just unreasonable
make it 6MB and upload to and then post link here. Example:

Attached: Madame Tutli-Putli clip1noaudio.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

this is a meme
honestly i'd say a lack of censorship is part of the reason things feel sterile. creators are more at liberty to create what they want, and what they want just isn't that interesting. you don't get a rocko's modern life scenario where half of the best jokes came from trying to see what would get past the censors, because the censors don't care enough to annoy the staff into doing something like that anymore.

He got kicked out of Yea Forums. Several threads were on Yea Forums recently and got deleted/auto sage.
It's funny because the original poster also can't speak any Korean.
There's already controversy about this months ago but the original poster just jump on the bandwagon and missed that controversy. So he decided to start a new one.

I never will understand people who say Black Clover and Boku no Hero are generic shit, but love Kimetsu no Yaiba.

I never watched Black Clover but BNHA just got boring, KNY at least stays interesting

>KNY at least stays interesting
In what? The plot is repetitive as hell, the villains are generic and the MC is nothing but an asspull machine.

>Monster of the week show
>Interesting

Something about it hooked me more than BNHA, I like Tanjiro more, and I like the time period setting more

Attached: 1567917352293.png (568x800, 233K)

You're right, it's not particularly complicated, so interesting isnt the right word, it's more like fun

It's popular.

It also helps the supporting cast isn't the the size of a small country

And who's the one who gets legitimised in media these days? The rightwingers aren't, that's for sure. Media's NOT listening to the churchladies who want scantly clad girls banned from UFC because it's sinful, but instead the dangerhair brigade who spout the same desire to ban the same things, only in the name of "progress" and "inclusiveness" instead.

True

You mean the one where leftists attacked CDPR for The Animals and the sexy transexual poster? Sorry, but the leftist outrage is getting more press these days.

How did Steven Universe get synonymous with SJWs? Is it because almost every obnoxious SJW watches the show? I mean, Dobson watches the show, so I'm not surprised there.

Some people like it because of its simplicity. It feels like shonen from the 90s than modern shonen. It doesn't try to be 2deep4u and has smaller cast of characters. Personally I like the feeling of comradery in this series, especially when they actually die/losing limbs for real.

Boogeyman fearmongering and contrarians on Yea Forums farming outrage over it nonstop.

Ah, so like how Anime is the "alt right" to Twitter then. Gotcha.

>Story takes place during WW1 era japan
>Put meaning that only came after that era onto the earrings

god the moral police suck

Nice job being overtly disingenuous retard. When was the last time any right-of-center group of interest got any piece of media banned? Dont pretend that you're not seeing all of the leftists from places like twitter and retardera spreading their bullshit and strong arming creators, fucking liar.

It's because of Ufotable. Episode 19, btw. Before that nobody was giving a shit.
You just described superficial ideas. It's like saying you like Bleach more than Naruto because the show has no archival or tournaments.

>samefagging to try and get people to drive your off topic thread back on the veiled subject
I find myself watching less and less over rated hyper repetitive island nationalist cartoons. maybe ill get to a point where I watch 1 thing per season instead of 3. Maybe that will change to 1 thing per year. Of course whatever I watch would be personal enjoyment of the show that i qualify as "well made" because seems like kids and man children these days dont like anything that is not generated by a computer algorithm with a laughably small library of extra generic topics and themes.

Attached: 1544255735022.jpg (643x749, 97K)

how is liking a smaller cast superficial when it allows for the exact opposite of superficial

What's this one from?

Attached: AT small butt 2.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

I haven't gotten into a new animu since Mob Psycho 100. All I watch now is new seasons of shit I was already watching.

Most people don't have lesbian rock moms that come from a genocidal race of space faring conqueror's faggot

Why does no one talk about the time SK was ruled by a feminist cult that sought to destroy men?

Bones isnt doing it for the passion anymore and if anything expect far less things from them as long as that Skyhigh spin off keeps ranking in the cash.
It was interesting at first but i got bored of it very fast.

The really good Nick short The Ballad of Bea and Cad
youtube.com/watch?v=JqkDhqEeyiw
The creator says there's a graphic novel coming but no word on that in about a year.

It's animated by Studio La Cachette, the studio working Genndy's Primal

They did the Sucker of Souls short for Love, Death, and Robots (the best one) The Kairos trailer (seen here vimeo.com/64386008 also a great read (The founder of the studio is the creator of the comic, there's an official translation coming soon but for now the fan translation is mega.nz/#F!v7gikCSI!znl0lRExzQJDR3gRbscfkQ (it has some pacing issues but it's a great read and the art is phenomonal), the 2D segments of the movie Mune: Guardian of the Moon (great movie, clips here vimeo.com/203265038),
and did some of the animation on a league of legends music video (youtube.com/watch?v=Zasx9hjo4WY)
The founders of the studio also made Le Royaume (youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZmMjMdrqs) Which is what lead them to founding it

They also have another animated series in production called Le College Noir, based on one of the founder's (the same on who made Kairos) other graphic novel catsuka.com/news/2019-06-26/le-college-noir-adapte-en-serie-par-la-cachette-d-apres-la-bd-d-ulysse-malassagne
No word yet on a translation of that graphic novel as far as I'm aware.

Attached: mune.webm (720x303, 2.85M)

Because Western feminists got the wrong idea and tried to spin it off as just misogyny.

Noice, thanks user

Is it time to post good animation?

Attached: 1565063905414.webm (360x288, 2.87M)

>was

Here's an example of a simple art style without being hot fucking garbage about it

Attached: 1530939748191.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

I like this one...got more?

vimeo.com/179779722

>Simple
user, the level of detail on this one is stunning.

Jesus mate, if you think /this/ is simple I'd really like to see what you consider complex

I meant the animation. The backgrounds are what SU WISHES it could do but Sugar is a shitty director that can't control her staff

Actually rereading this I don't think I made it quite clear, but the creator of Ballad of Bea and Cad (Tim Probert) works for the studio that produced the short Aardman Nathan Love, not the studio that animated it (La cachette, as mentioned before)

And Tim Probert's twitter had been dead for a year so there's really absolutely no other real updates on the status of that project, but I like to believe we'll hear something soon, since when it was mentioned before he said we'd see something next year (this year).
But on the bright side his website has some really good art
timprobert.com/bea-cad-style-frames

Attached: bea and cad.jpg (4250x3362, 2.92M)

FRAMES

Attached: 1526075308921.webm (1714x1080, 1.24M)

SU ebicly ownt

Go away Sugar

Chel is so fucking hot hnnnnggg

wow i cant recover from that one

Attached: pinched.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

When I think of nations respecting the cultural heritage of ethnic minorities, I definitely keep the Chinese in mind.

Attached: 1427521429271.webm (640x360, 2.57M)

That uses a 3d landscape to use those angles and is therefore cheating

Attached: 1427108601004.gif (500x397, 1014K)

titmouse ebicly ownt

Attached: super space 5.gif (400x399, 2.92M)

>titmouse ebicly ownt
meant for

Attached: Spirit Chaser.webm (480x270, 1.93M)

thanks user.

Attached: Cat in Space.gif (400x320, 922K)

Attached: cheque please.webm (640x368, 2.3M)

Attached: 2bca77edb6daae16f113abfe7128d0a5.gif (200x160, 713K)

Attached: justin nichols.gif (480x360, 584K)

>that attempt at simplicity while still being that flat

hard yikes

Attached: 1405998268963.webm (640x362, 2.97M)

Why does Steven Universe trigger Yea Forums so hard? It has to be the success

Attached: 1548357249065.gif (1816x1080, 1.33M)

spirit chaser will never recover

Attached: flipp dance.gif (600x338, 414K)

And here's an example on how to use your entire animation budget in one sequence

Attached: 1530393067734.webm (800x452, 2.86M)

Damn shame this might just be another one of Nickelodeons long, long, very fucking long list of ignored pilots.
Seriously, why the fuck does Nick keep getting all these good shorts thrown right into their lap and do sweet fuck all with any of them?

because Calarts literally ruined the entire animation industry outside Japan and Korea

They did back when we had industry standards that weren't "Put it out as fast as possible but minus the quality".
We're currently working with Sub-80's animation as the standard practice. All the same insistence on cheapness and speed, but none of the effort or desire to put out a product your kids can watch that you'd be proud of.

Mainly because writers and animators these days are no longer 30-something dads who work themselves to the bone trying to meet deadlines and obey corporate mandates while trying to make time to put a bit of heart and soul into a toy commercial, but childless, lazy 20 to 40 something spergs with bad hair who were given the carte blanche based on the low overhead of their production who have little oversight and who spend more time on twitter than they do sending the shitty storyboards they made in five minutes to Korea and Japan.

The old animators had brutal standards to meet and worked on shows that very few of them wanted to do with, it was a job to them. But they had budgets, oversight, a large and ever growing number of tools and a support network. They didn't care about the thing they animated for themselves, because it wasn't *for* them, so they learned to care, to love it. Not because of what say, Transformers or He-man could mean to them, or shit like that, but what it could mean to their kids, to their nieces and nephews. Or for family long gone at that point. They *made* themselves care and that made them labors of lovel. Ugly, cliche ridden and often crippled, but labors of love.

And really I think that's it. Shows like SU aren't for anybody but the writers. It's something for the writers to jerk themselves off over. They don't have to have standards or put in work, because whatever makes *them* happy is enough, and it's cheap enough that companies will buy it anyway.

The 80's onward may have been "To Sell Toys" but the people actually making the show tried to give it more than that.

It's really odd
Go to bed Greenblatt

Attached: Eds Door.webm (480x360, 1.15M)

KEK
my god that looks awful

I'm just saying, there's tons of reference material out there up and coming artists can study from but the modern animation industry promotes hot garbage

Attached: 1524635031666.webm (604x340, 2.92M)

Reminder that this meme is a way for people who have no idea what they're talking about to mark themselves like jews during the holocaust, and they need to be eradicated as such
lmao

Attached: ascended.gif (300x258, 1.73M)

nigga wat

Attached: 0008194738.jpg (792x555, 117K)

Attached: secret war.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

Attached: suits.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

>Flipnote
Based

Attached: 1559078831782.webm (720x372, 2.88M)

Attached: Tyler and co snake scene.webm (720x405, 1.55M)

Suits is the best aesthetic. Futuristic Farmtown is just so good.

Nah, leftists are also super weebs

Attached: Dick Figures Chase Scene.webm (480x270, 2.96M)

Attached: 500 Monster.gif (500x281, 595K)

>And really I think that's it. Shows like SU aren't for anybody but the writers. It's something for the writers to jerk themselves off over. They don't have to have standards or put in work, because whatever makes *them* happy is enough, and it's cheap enough that companies will buy it anyway.

Pretty fucking accurate if I'm honest.

Anyone can be a weeb you goober.

And here we have an example of the issue with modern animation in general

Attached: 1534816696631.webm (600x338, 2.96M)

and the IP count doesn't change

Attached: Old Man and the Sea.webm (640x480, 2.21M)

>Absolutely every problem is represented.

youre reaching

Attached: PPG Music Video Flight.gif (400x225, 1.06M)

Attached: Nimh Climbs a Rope.gif (500x282, 522K)

Attached: Cel Shaded Hunter.webm (600x338, 2.71M)

SU trannies in this thread are in full cope. Beautiful work OPyou're still a faggot thou

and the ip count, doesn't change

Attached: 9-1.gif (500x282, 434K)

God damn do I miss when the industry cared

Attached: 1397618802870.webm (640x480, 2.8M)

Sugar didn't go to CalArts.

>he thinks they care
>hes actually engaging with shitposters instead of laughing at them
kind of sad bro

Attached: jimmyyin_.webm (720x406, 397K)

Attached: captain_underpants_animation(2).webm (437x240, 2.44M)

I don't really care but, if you're calling something CalArts shouldn't the creator be a former student of CalArts?

It's a style rather than a course

I've sat in a couple of Comic Con panels for Steven Universe. I've seen how people respond to the show. There are parents and children and teenagers who all find the show's messages to be resonant and deeply personal, I've seen people break out in tears thanking Sugar and the crew for what the show means to them. I can't speak for your own experiences, or your cynicism, but I can say on a purely factual level that the show is important to many people, not just the creators.

Attached: 1565582933716.webm (900x506, 2.99M)

no, they want to elicit anger.

Attached: Osmosis Jones Fight.webm (854x362, 1.1M)

This is from Blunderborn, right?

My guess is that anons are just mad that someone that was just another shitposting faggot in this very basket weaving Thailandese forum actually got a lucky break and got to make a popular cartoon.

Attached: Dog Roll.gif (416x215, 256K)

Attached: Cat Murder Selfie.gif (525x295, 1.36M)

yeah and he found a job at nick. now he works on rise of the tmnt

Attached: 1561685190344.webm (400x214, 2.82M)

i dont have nearly enough ROTMNT webms

Attached: Cat Falls Asleep.gif (500x281, 992K)

>not posting the BTFO reply
Yea Forums is more gullible than Yea Forums who'd have thought

I miss Lucky Pie.

>Yea Forums
>a guy talking about why anime is better than cartoons
It's Yea Forums, it's literally always Yea Forums.
Weebs are responsible for 90% of the garbage post on this board. Behind every "calarts is the devil" post is a anime avatar.

Attached: Ariel Rough Animation.gif (500x462, 581K)

>Yea Forums is responsible for for 90% of Yea Forums's problems
slow down there user I think you're seething too hard
We know damn well that SU is the equivalent of smash threads on this board

Attached: patlabor_mech_system_check.gif (474x257, 3.59M)

I don't know what that means I'm not stupid enough to browse Yea Forums.

Attached: anna.gif (500x263, 2.48M)

Post it yourself.

Attached: oswald the forgotten mc.gif (400x300, 827K)

Did you see the catalog get flooded when that stupid movie came out? Clearly this is the only notable western cartoon that’s out right now

>movie about a popular show gets a lot of thread
wow, amazing, this didnt happen with florpus at all

mighty fine numbers right heere

Attached: 1568242617132.png (611x564, 114K)

Attached: 1567871162818.png (1129x616, 274K)

i think the spinal tap threads are tapering off, and leaving Yea Forums with a hunger for rubber hose,

we all know whose got the thickest hose out there

Attached: oswald ambiguous butt stuff.gif (460x320, 1.3M)

Steven Universe being in the OP makes this an SU thread right?

Attached: 1568340669697.png (2022x2545, 1.7M)

No one even knows who Snax is anymore

that just means they haven't lurked enough.

Attached: EDoOo_mX4AAADSD.jpg (2048x1463, 213K)

Ah for the good old days, before SJWs ruined animation.

youtube.com/watch?v=LYs_GCy9PRk

Attached: rubik the amazing cube.gif (600x426, 1.54M)

Literally true of everyone that started browsing post 2008

He said he wants to remind people that people who attribute the ruination of the industry to "CalArts" that they have fallen for memes, the much maligned bean-mouth style is not what CalArts advocates, the people who took the term and ran with it are dim but gleeful memers and it would be nice to herd them into camps where they can die in squalor.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 1.03M)

I know what he said, it's just fucking retarded

If you were to die tomorrow no one would miss you
But nice dubs

babbies 1st edge post

even in Oswald's time, they knew they couldn't get away with racist shit forever.

the "face full of soot" they cut out of Oh, Teacher was in fact a blackface gag.

you can tell because, like most Oswald gags, Walt Disney reused it in Mickey cartoons later on. make of that what you will.

Attached: oswald paragraph.jpg (4048x3036, 1.87M)

Attached: EDtJvmjUUAI8Gvw.jpg (525x680, 72K)

Attached: Beware her power.jpg (1211x1018, 297K)

Attached: EDufhI1X4AM0Evx.jpg (2119x1436, 200K)

It has all the things reactionaries despise in it

Attached: gee its swell.jpg (578x680, 68K)

Attached: shaped like a friend.jpg (1210x1017, 265K)

Attached: i swear.jpg (1211x1018, 223K)

Attached: EDkZbZFXsAcVJAw.jpg (1886x2048, 354K)

Attached: Ive already found someone.jpg (1450x2100, 164K)

Attached: 1567539772975.jpg (3142x2705, 581K)

I felt he made a passionate case for a better tomorrow. What did you mean by "wat" if you understood it

Diff user but something can be important for other people but very much be made for someone else.

Its good but it'd be better if it didn't abuse smear frames; there were a lot of times where they just werent needed

Attached: 8743637.png (418x368, 151K)

Attached: 1567732642199.jpg (1136x1136, 137K)

Attached: 1568318067542.png (1182x1563, 826K)

Attached: 1567541899778.webm (1280x720, 364K)

I don't like the style, but godDAMN that animation is nice.

The thread was better when it was posting animation.
This is all I have without digging.

Attached: toothbrush.webm (640x360, 2.5M)

Attached: 1567730014896.png (1033x1169, 359K)

Attached: 1567532700834.png (632x573, 712K)

Attached: 1568241351952.png (1200x1371, 1017K)

I too wish I could shove OP’s MAGA hat down hit throat.

Attached: 1567547686916.png (360x584, 290K)

So what is this thread about? Are we shitting on calarts or is this a Anime vs cartoons thread

this is a thread for your new best friend

Attached: 1568331592840.jpg (677x679, 26K)

it's Yea Forumsutist has a one man conniption fit while not understanding localization, and a bunch of seagulls beautifully echo his bullshit.

I don't watch SU
Eh I do agree there's no point in censoring The earrings

This is my 3rd time stating it's fucking retarded lol

steven universe is mein kampf of leftists

I'd say Yea Forums and /pol/, but Yea Forums still gets to podium I guess.

This little sequence has four instances if that Bluth head roll, I noticed it immediately and it's a nice touch. It would've been beautiful with a higher framerate, but it's still nice as is.

>while not understanding localization

Censorship is not the same, bro.

This is what we call "Woke Autism"

>localization isn't the same thing as censorship
it actually kind of is though, regardless of how hard you sugar coat it, too the production crew and the viewer it's still censorship.

Attached: .gif (374x417, 2.33M)

Ah yes, but when modern cartoons do in fact be edgy you don't give a flying fuck. This right here is a prime example. The subtle joke is she can't wear the sheet over her head like everyone else present, because the pointy hat will make it look like a K.K.K. uniform.

Attached: 1568223329203.png (607x652, 406K)

Localization just means translating from one language to another, sometimes with an added glossary for a concept that can’t be easily translated word for word. It doesn’t equate to changing nazi flags or putting boobs inside more clothing.

it also changes the material too better fit local customs, this includes removing scenes the production crew meant to be in there and dialogue among other things, which is censorship. i ran a ring dingy cartoon piracy account when google plus was still a site, people from other fucking countries would download my shit because they would have too wait months for a localized copy with no guarantee it hadn't been butchered to hell for there precious sensibilities. it is censorship.

Attached: .gif (500x226, 1.84M)

OP you're wrong. You think shows like Bojack Horseman, Rick & Morty, South Park or other satire shows are "sterile"?

The reason majority of our cartoons are "sterile" is because they're literal kiddie cartoons. Star vs, Steven Universe, Amphibia etc. are all made for little girls. You, an adult man, are not the target audience so you shouldn't expect too much from them.

faggot

>na/zis
lel
>imperialism and cultural genocide
>China friendly version
L M A O
M
A
O

>satire shows that arent sterile
>Bojack Horseman, Rick & Morty, South Park

Attached: this nigga srs right now.gif (400x206, 3.51M)

For real, both the East and the West have degraded into shitty pander. The West has to have every minority and every spectrum of the LGBTQNAP, the East has to make sure every show can have its own line of dakimakuras and plastic figurines that are resistant to cumstains.

Anyone who claims one is better or worse than the other is pushing an agenda.

Also, little girl cartoons in Japan talk about topics like racism and acceptance as well. The main theme of the current season of "Precure" is about accepting different cultures and people who are different than you. The previous season even had some gay acceptance stuff going on.

Not all anime is edgy and violent stuff and not all American cartoons are Cartoon Network titles.

Attached: Star☆Twinkle.Precure.full.2582432.jpg (2200x1543, 1.04M)

>Star and Su are kiddie cartoons
>even tho they're full of relationship drama

Ok

You can't make relationship drama for kids? That's what kids in elementary school like to watch.

I'm not talking about just toddlers.

Attached: 1565027221794.jpg (1000x506, 201K)

Not what I said. I just hate when people defend a show hiding behind the shallow veil of "It's just a kid's show" when it has themes and tones clearly meant for young adults

The latest Looney Tunes was clearly a kids show but it didn't try to be deep, it was just fun. SU and Star fall flat on their faces trying to explore themes and people come out of the woodworks "But it's just a kid's show!"
Fag

>Being such a pussy that you can't even write "nazi" when expressing your opposition to them.
Haha

I liked when people were posting cool animation videos but then the SUsimps chimped out and can't stop seething.

I started playing Classic WoW cause they chimped out so hard

Attached: 76683947_p0_master1200.jpg (600x500, 79K)

>It's because all the dialogue and character designs have to be "pre-censored" so SJWs don't get pissed off.

Imagine being this fucking underage. Jesus christ you zoomer faggot, western cartoons lost their balls because of the sensibilities of 80s/90s soccer moms who didn't want their little angels seeing violence or anything remotely mature, edgy or sexual. Not because of fucking adult internet losers who've only been around for the past 5 or so years you spastic.

You do know America is associated with Sta/lin, imperialism and cultural genocide towards Native Americans and Mexicans.
America was just as bad.

They take 8-12 months to make, not 3 years.

please post more gret examples of animation

it's one of the most popular cartoons currently running, so I guess Yea Forums is bound to obsess over it

sounds like a damage control

if you know japanese media in other genres you cant say shit like that.

I don't have many Yea Forums webms but I'll post the two cool ones I have right now

Attached: 1566236830363.webm (620x348, 2.49M)

Attached: 1565232426266.webm (923x480, 2.52M)

That's what you guys said about Adventure Time and it's probably what you'll say about the next big cartoon.

I remember that stupid hoe in the pic, literally everyone told her to fuck off with that stupid bullshit. Stop giving stupid people attention, OP, this is what created the whole outrage culture in the first place

korean raised in the US: as an asian, this is triggering!

non-chinese asians in their native countries: we don't care!

korean raised in the US: oh poor child, lemme be offended on your behalf, because you're too dumb!

Steven Universe poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses

Attached: 5f13465bd9d9525429783ed52d93b39f30783ad0.png (768x768, 244K)

>crying about sjw boogeymen when right wing polices have been and still censor to this day shit loads more content everywhere on the planet

Attached: 230114_908223010.png (339x296, 133K)

You're an idiot

Everyone in this thread is gay now, thanks to Steven!

anti anti sjws (no its not a typo) are becoming part of the problem.

they are just enablers and agitators

Attached: 1568077938181.gif (300x169, 737K)

No. rightists are the problem.

Lol, cry harder, cuckold

>thirdworlders and russians
>relevant
toppest of keks

Virtually every major power in the world today has engaged in imperialism or colonization of some kind.

What are you even talking about? Fuck, rightists are stupid.

LOL, give me some examples tranny

You need to realize that most of what the right thinks of as the 'Left' is barely even on the left side of the political spectrum. The media is on the right and wanting people to be nice does not make you a SJW.

Have sex, goblin

>in a perfect world shows like this would not exist
>but this not a perfect world

>The media is on the right
Kek, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, every talk show host they have are left, everyone they bring on their show are left.

Only right wing mainstream media is Fox, they are vastly outnumbered.

>wanting people to be nice does not make you a SJW

SJW's are not interested in people being nice, given how they are the absolutely hateful.

Cry harder

If they're so left why do they pretend that Bernie Sanders doesn't exist? Bernie is a SocDem, barely even close to the far-left

You are intentionally retarded. Rightists are goblins to be driven away. They are evil and inherently wrong.

Becouse is the best example of what is wrong in the western animation industry

Wrong

Easy target and also easy to connect to politicsfaggotry which is the #1 way to get people riled up about literally anything, no matter how insignificant. See: this thread and the countless others we've had like it on this board alone.

>Kek, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, every talk show host they have are left, everyone they bring on their show are left.
CNN has been Trump surrogates on their shows constantly.

there is no leftist media, it's all corporate which means no actual socialism allowed

the right screams "leftist" every time there's a hint of disobedience to the GOP that's all, in which case yes Fox is the only sufficiently GOP-obedient news channel

Attached: bitcoinguy.jpg (1200x480, 98K)

>CNN has been Trump surrogates on their shows constantly.
LOL, how lost in the head are you ?

>East vs West
>muh SJWs
It's all so tiresome

Attached: 1475072217319.jpg (455x305, 53K)

>fully 3-D Chip 'n Dale's Rescue Rangers videogame
>flying around in those custom craft Gadget makes
>world is fucking huge since you are a chipmunk
I never knew I wanted this before now.

>He said on an website hosted in America, knowing full well his opinions could get him arrested and jailed in his own country
>because living in a country where you can be jailed for saying trannies are mentally ill on the internet is a SMART THING TO DO
Stupid third worlders, enjoy the freedom we allow you to have. Maybe one day you can experience it first-hand for yourself.

>Why do I feel like most weebs tend to be alt right /pol/tards?
because despite some of its multicultural output, japan is right-wing nationalist as fuck

Attached: gadget-bad-leotard.png (720x540, 552K)

look im oswald

Attached: mickeyeaster19-inset1__46858.1552319912.jpg (927x1280, 138K)

Attached: elton captures minnie in pokeball.jpg (480x360, 45K)

Attached: singing-b.gif (480x360, 611K)

Attached: minnie turns too many heads.png (1920x1080, 2.66M)

Not a fan of japanese cartoons, but this one looks kinda cool. I thing I should take a look, at least the action scenes since an user told me it has generic and boring plot and it's only worthy because action scenes.

Attached: output2.webm (854x480, 2.76M)

The english name is Demon Slayer. I need to watch it myself.

It's funny because in your post is implyied that japan doesn't censor artist work regarding cartoons and comics. Of course they do, you don't believe me? Try to find a manga or anime that acknowledge the existence of the Namkin massacre.

Don't hurry, OP, I'll wait.

Japan censors a lot of stuff in their media

You might not be able to tell because youre a blind weeb

>Bumping this shitty ass thread with even shittier bait
Kill yourself.

>Bad leotard
Not if you've got a hi-cut fetish

Because you only browse Yea Forums? Anime is big and perceived as something that isn't "pozzed" like the rest of the media because "muh based samurai" and this gives you the perception of "muh alt-right weebs."

>It's because all the dialogue and character designs have to be "pre-censored"
You're ignorant. Remember when that one anime got censored because they dared to include Korean FOOD in it? Japanese society has a lot of taboos that no media is allowed to touch.

'The Steven Universe Problem' you describe is because they're childrens shows trying to also court adult-child audiences with 'deep, meaningful, real' concepts. But the reason these things are deep and meaningful is because they're fucking complicated, literally too complicated for children to understand.

The general sterility/blandness is because of anti-violence / sadism activism. Older cartoons had more general audience appeal because they were significantly slapstick comedy, with cathartic appeal to humanities universal casual sadism/domineering impulses. Even slapstick has been considered problematic for several decades now. It just sort of crept up on us.

The two problems are related, with the 'Steven Universe Problem's root cause of attempt to insert more mature themes originating as an attempt to create alternative sources of catharsis. Steven Universe also exemplifies this with its singing-and-crying shit.

Basically, females can't write.

The true horseshoe theory is that the alt left and alt right both absolutely love anime

Attached: 1389982800872.png (500x375, 283K)

Attached: Baloney-Animaniacs.png (180x228, 61K)

That's fucking racist. Why not have him dance the jitterbug too?

Dude, don't get salty, we all know mods are too busy deleting gumball threads and they won't touch this one. Just post good shit gifs and webms until bump limit, as we have been doing the whole time.

Attached: tumblr_o653ebOvHt1tpslseo1_r1_540.gif (540x546, 1.81M)

Trump is a zionist puppet and Fox is owned by the same people, wake up and smell the roses

this one is a little too good for this thread but ok

Attached: minnie-pays-for-a-hot-dog.webm (470x360, 555K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8f6pE69k0

Attached: oswald_headbanging_by_fantasyfreak_fangirl-d5kbcnf.gif (150x150, 7K)

Is that the Japanese equivalent of the confederate flag?

Arthur gay wedding episode

It easily embodies a bit of each aspect that people hate about modern day media, right down to its bitch ass fans, while being popular enough to easily see this

Attached: th_stinkoman.gif (100x100, 18K)

I'm not really into early Disney shorts, I prefer 40s-50s Looney Tunes.

Attached: bugs1.webm (384x288, 2.75M)

>all those awesome manga an anime created by women
>women can't write

Bruh.

I think the only woman writer who can't make god stories for shit is Rumiko Takahashi and his american counterpart Stephanie Meyer.

Is SJW women who can't write just as SJW who can't write.

Attached: 1567661389135.png (400x400, 253K)

no sweety

This.

Sakura S2 is shit tho.

I was expecting a trans flag

>because FUCK HISTORY

Attached: 8_01-589x490.jpg (490x490, 36K)

>9
That that nothing to with any of what he just said retard!

>Yes
That's what the creators should answer to her shit.

>OP you're wrong. You think shows like Bojack Horseman, Rick & Morty, South Park or other satire shows are "sterile"?

They're poorly written trash compared to King of the Hill.

>Sakura S2
The clear card arc?
Or the original anime?

Yes, incel. rightists are goblin scum

You're an idiot

The original one.

Are you saying Steven doesn't?

>>I watch cringe cartoons and I'm proud of it!

Attached: 2d1uPFl.jpg (500x213, 34K)

Attached: daisy minnie prison jumpsuits.png (1280x1405, 621K)

>If they're so left why do they pretend that Bernie Sanders doesn't exist?
Cause everyone does, specially the Democratic party.