Rooster Teeth isn't feeling so good

Attached: 972a038f941f1276264858fd0d220d0c.png (584x540, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/digital/news/rooster-teeth-layoffs-13-percent-warnermedia-1203333556/
youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM
vimeo.com/342632174
youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU
beardandharris.com/ty-beard.html
youtube.com/channel/UCII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ/featured
youtube.com/watch?v=6hi9mWe60v8
knowyourmeme.com/memes/despite-being-only-13-percent-of-the-population
soundcloud.com/charalanahzard/dude-soup-live-mix-rtx-bounce
youtube.com/watch?v=RMArzXvOYUM
twitter.com/graymartigan/status/1172586999347404801
youtu.be/YNXl_OXzvFY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>13
>50
Too easy, man.

Attached: man teacup oh shit.jpg (640x634, 38K)

Remember when they just stuck to halo machinima for fun?

Despite making up 13% of the staff, the layoffs make up 50 of the employees.

oh no, podcast channel might have 1 less podcast.

Only good thing to come out of them in years is Nomad. Not really a wonder why they losing money.

Oh, is that what that user was referring to?I thought it was some RT specific joke.

I hope it's Gavin.

Doesn't he have an actual job outside of RT?

Despite appearing to be a fake screencap based on that meme, it actually is a real article.
variety.com/2019/digital/news/rooster-teeth-layoffs-13-percent-warnermedia-1203333556/

Gavin is their closest thing to media legitimacy, they'll never get rid of him

Andy Blanchard and former ScrewAttack's "Nervous" Nick Cramer are confirmed out so far. I thought it would entirely be no-names who don't appear in videos, but it looks like it might be open season on more known names.

Bruce knew

I have heard of neither of those people.

His YouTube channel which gets millions of views per vid. I'm sure that brings in some extra dough.

I used to follow ScrewAttack back in like 2011-2012 so I know Nick, and Andy popped up sometimes in Achievement Hunter and On the Spot. He lived with Michael and Lindsay, though I'm not sure if he still does. Probably not with two babies in the house.

I guarantee most of Yea Forums isn't gonna get this

Will this affect Camp Camp?

Attached: sketch-1565619283039.png (1886x1080, 1.35M)

Probably not, at least in terms of writers and VAs.

Been saying it from the beginning. Bruce is going to start is own IG/FH when rooster teeth shutters

>Andy Blanchard
thank fuck

The most shocking part of this whole thing to me is learning that they had so many employees.

>RWBY will be kill soon

Hazbin Hotel is next

Attached: B064E3E1-2032-4F5F-A1BA-27A3ABBCCF0B.jpg (1916x2880, 579K)

If it comes to that, they'll probably just sell RWBY to someone else.

>>RWBY will be kill soon
RWBY seems like it brings in a lot of money so I doubt it.

RT's core is RvB, RWBY, and Achievement Hunter. They're pretty much the only things definitely safe no matter what.

Except the announcements of DC's cuts tomorrow.

what is 13 but also 50?

this has nothing to do with Yea Forums but i hope funhaus isnt kill

You sell your soul to the Devil and eventually he comes a' knocking.

>WarnerMedia
THEY SHOULD'VE LET LOBO WON, THIS COULD'VE BEEN SOLVED IF BEN TOOK THE MONEY

bruce left last week, supposedly on his own accord, so let that decide it for you.

>Thinking RWBY is safe.
user the entire problem with RWBY is that RT pretty much alienated anyone who cared after Monty died and corp'd it the fuck up. They've been wanting to axe it for ages because it's just a cash cow to them.

Gen:Lock is the one they give a shit about.

the moment james leaves is the moment funhaus dies

Unironically hope this doesn't mean Nomad of Nowhere is cancelled, love that show.

Attached: 1453315132729.jpg (520x500, 144K)

On a sabbatical, he even uploaded a video to his channel.

Emphasis on "cash cow", it's likely their biggest moneymaker. Getting rid of it would be suicidal.

what fucking rock have you been living under

sabbatical was over the month prior. FH released a video just after that where they talk to bruce about bruce leaving FH after the sabbatical.

>moviesperg
You do know your shitty video game Fakime is well... shit

When Warnermedia will move against DC Comics?

>what fucking rock have you been living under
I didn't have a computer for like four months and I don't keep up with Rooster Teeth very often, what happened, user?

Attached: 1542023444306.jpg (287x250, 12K)

creator was booted and took any chance of the show being continued with them

What are the chances that RWBY will be integrated into DC Universe?

God damn it, that was the only modern RT shit I liked.

Attached: 1494470591909.jpg (720x706, 51K)

>Nick
Ouch
Should've stayed on Death Battle

Don't worry bro, at least you have the TF2 comic to look forward to

They had over 350 employees?

>Gen:Lock
That’s more Fakime than Meta Runner

That's a fucking low blow, user.

Bruce was the guy running Funhaus. If he left because he didn't like the direction they were heading the other Funhausers will probably follow.

But will we get it before the year's end?

Gen:Lock costs more to make than RWBY with its cast, and makes significantly less money. Do you know how business works?

Rooster Teeth has adapted before, they survived the Machinima purge and the IGN assault, to anyone wishing "Yes finally RT is done, end of an era", this probably means just heavy restructuring, more anime sponsorships, and weird corporate fusions, so most likely we'll get more content on a different website or WB puts RT content on VRV or DC streaming. Or most likely this just means more room to hire more people who got laid off by the invisible algorithm so get ready for RT to buy more niche youtubers like Frederator, Matt McMuscles and 33LRock

>Matt joining RT when Woolie and Pat are already joining it
That can only go well.

Technically back in December 2018 when they cut 3% of staff (seven people, split as three VP's and their staff).
And again last month when they closed Mad Magazine (another 3% of staff).
More is probably coming, especially since that investor group is pissed at AT&T for buying WB and is threatening them.

wait that's a thing? I thought it was a meme like AngryJoe being a Disney Mascot or Jon CJG being part of Rooster Teeth?

I wonder if he wanted a career change anyway and knew that there could be layoffs on the horizon so spared someone else from FH taking the hit. They've crammed fucking Alanah into everything so she is basically essential now, as is Elyse because woman, so he could be saving the job of one of his bros.

*record scratch

Attached: D-vfQuNWkAAwJCX.jpg (1200x900, 180K)

>WB puts RT content on VRV
Pretty sure this already happened

Getting into business disagreements have always been a great way to end a friendship.
youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM

>Them joining Rooster Teeth was just a way to find an excuse to disband the Best Friends and replace Cow Chop.
Also did you know, Cow Chop and JT Machinima make a lot of merch sale, they take up like the top 2 rows of "Best Seller". Neat

Wow, only being a Funhaus guy, I just heard of Vicious Circle for the first time.

At first I thought, "looks kinda fun but doubt I'd really pay for it" - then I saw the battlepass shit. LOL. Who thought that would be a good idea?

user that's just a dick move

>nervous nick is out
Damn. I liked him

They actually pushed for an MK match this season which is why we got Cage vs Falcon

He might come to Game Attack.

....that's what they made with "Obligatory MK match"? I mean it was a well-animated fight but dang thought it would be Stryker vs Cody or Jago vs Liu Kang

I don't believe you, Cage would've won if Warner was pressuring them, like Yang vs Tifa back when RT first bought ScrewAttack.

NoN season 2 never

>Decide to take a personal break on Death Battle and DBX so I can binge watch what I missed out on after a year or two (plus vs debating is cancer)
>This happens
Am I cursed?

quick, marathon the Simpsons and Family Guy right now

Ben said it himself in one of the podcasts that WB asked them to do a Mortal Kombat character
Also Cage vs Falcon was decently requested and back when it was a community match, the whole room started snickering when they read a tweet scaling Kintaro surviving a nuke to Cage punching Goro in the balls

I haven't watched either in years

So to sum up this year so far for non-RWBYg anons.
-RWBY youtube reviewers split with some now dedicated to rage bait and shitting on RT.
-Lore book is more of a shitty artbook.
-Manga was crap (not the shirow one)
-Chinese mobile game looks cool but is only available in China.
-VA is fired over twitter allegations, Miles and other RT VAs pile on.
-RT exposed for not paying animators overtime, Nomad creator says 1/3rd of genLOCK and RWBY was made for free.
-Ozpin VA goes nuts on twitter and obsesses over youtubers.
-RT First rates get an increase despite no new meaningful content to justify it.
-Gray gets switched to creative role full time in wake of overtime wages controversy, Matt asks Ellation for help in finding new director.
-RTX receives backlash from fans for not hiring anyone to stream panels. (only thing that is streamed is center stage, most of the stream was a Mortal Kombat tournament)
-Mobile RWBY Chibi match 3 puzzle game announced.
-New character in After the Fall book "Carmine Esclados" gets shit on for being over designed.
-New RWBY writer has a history of whining about the rich white males on twitter and her previous books suck. (suspected scat fetish)
-New DC Comic is cheap trash, $1 a book, RT is lucky if they see 10 cents for each copy after everyone else takes a cut.
-Rooster Teeth channels on youtube have been trending down for a long time.
-New video game Vicious Circle is already dead with no player base despite giving it out for free to all members. (Steam stats show only 1 player)
-Ashley and Bruce leave RT shortly followed by 13% of the company.

On the bright side
-After the Fall book was ok enough.
-For some reason people still like Amity Arena
-Blazeblue cross over was well received.

Attached: It all comes tumbling down.png (473x480, 272K)

Gavin's slo mo guys channel is still exploding in popularity, he puts other RT related channels to shame.

It’s still a passion project by an actual living person, while RWBY has been going through aimless stuff like repeated retellings by manga artists, letting DC who didn’t even watch the show make a comic, using shipping to salvage fan interest, and generally trying to use info dumps and drama to avoid making the goofy action scenes that got people interested in the first place

Thanks for the info, didn't know we had another Bane vs Venom situation. Hopefully, after this season this will stop the one-sided curb stomp requests that comment sections are filled with like
>Wolverine vs Shredder
>Iron Fist vs Ryu
>Hal Jordon vs Nova
>Bill Cipher vs Discord
>Genji vs Grey Fox
>The Millennium Falcon vs The Enterprise

This. How do you have that many people making absolute shit?

>Increase price of subs without any new addition to justify it
>Won't honor the deals of those who subbed for the original prices they were offered
>Blame their audience for being poor, act offended when their fans don't want to be charged more for less and double down by affirming their price hike is definitely worth it
Nah, let these greedy Jews suffer.

Attached: 1414080313667.png (1024x732, 1.35M)

A mixture of spoilt E-celebs and over-worked college grads.

>Unironically hope this doesn't mean Nomad of Nowhere is cancelled, love that show.
KEK

Attached: Nomad of Nowhere creator drops the hammer.png (939x1785, 355K)

Thanks for the recap

Letting Arcsys handle RWBY for a bit was interesting. They went over the top with Ruby’ personality but her fighting style was absolutely perfect

Tag as a whole does have a lot of detractors but that’s missing the point on how simplified controls =/= actual neutral play

Attached: 4E831C91-E390-4F0C-8C6B-2CEB6E8D8606.jpg (701x654, 57K)

>-New DC Comic is cheap trash
Its out?

>-Ozpin VA goes nuts on twitter and obsesses over youtubers.
Why is this a big deal? There are tons of RT members who obsess over Trump and the Republican party in general.

The day people stop requesting stomps is the day Seth actually joins the research team

For ages. It was painfully obvious the writer skimmed the show and got details wrong. Like Penny was an actual student and Ruby was always conscious when the school was destroyed.

Shouldn't have cancelled Nomad from Nowhere

It's digital first, so the first two issues (which make up one normal issue) have been out for a while. There was a storytime yesterday.

>[karma intensifies]

Attached: ShieldHeroMetaphor.png (600x403, 436K)

That's probably just out of mutual understanding and Vic knowing he's bringing too much heat with him, since some RWBY staff and Monty himself brushed off the initial comments about Vic.

How's that defamation suit going?

>Its Beaconshit.
Shame, might flip through the archive thanks anons.

I usually find the meme tired and overused, but when it occurs by natural coincidence I think it's hilarious.

Attached: Freddy_Merkekry.png (600x724, 420K)

>tfw last week’s TCPA hearing went to shit faster than Daenerys’ heel turn in the final season of Game Of Thrones

Attached: 1561746492227.jpg (1385x997, 514K)

so what's the status of the KickVic Bowl? I hear everyone on all sides are scrounging and taking as much money as they can before this shit finally ends with everyone crying and losing.

Not him but the very last thing I heard about the thing was his name was found on the client list in some kiddy brothel shit?

How easy is it to just get CP and be part of a pedo ring? Since literally everyone with an ounce of influence or fame gets invited to this shit

It does move on to the second issue as being a Volume 4, with some questionable flashbacks

Attached: 2CE55C10-115A-4BE4-81E2-8E4A121B5F4E.jpg (1110x833, 154K)

Tortious interference got dropped, Marchi got dismissed, one more case is getting investigated next month and I could literally smell MarzGurl’s discharge from thousands of miles away after that shit got announced.

Also istandwithvic is full of fucking grifters who only talk about this shit for the YouTube money.

They have money, some fuckers want the money and provide shit that you can't get anywhere else for said money.

>That's probably just out of mutual understanding
Nope.
see pic, in another response he says an RT producer told him they didn't believe the allegations, then 2 weeks later they fired him.

Judge is to rule on TCPA for Funi and Monica defamation within 30days.
Claims against Jamie where dismissed, Vic can file a motion to reconsider or appeal.
The judge ignored evidence due to late filing and treated the hearing to a higher standard not required under TX law.

>retard

Attached: Vic deposition.png (1072x918, 173K)

>this may kill death battle

Cool

>Gen:Lock is the one they give a shit about.
Not many enough fans give a shit about Gen:Lock, compared to RWBY.

The fuck?

If the massive butt hurt from Superman vs Goku didn't kill them or how people "Swore off DB after Yang vs Tifa" then nothing will.

>How to save money for RT

- cut down or get rid of these TV wannabe shows like crunch time and day 5

- Stop making full length movies your not hollywood and your never going to be.

- Cut the fat from certain departments and stop making unnecessary "Diversity" Hires. Im sorry but certain people like Fiona and Alfredo need to be let go they dont add anything to AH that wasnt allready there

- Stop buying random youtube channels that are hot in the pan now but will fizzle in about a year. Looking at you Valleyfolks, i actually like steve, Joe, and Lee (Elliot can go fuck himself) but that was a super retarded move to let them on. also get rid of kinda funny

Attached: Partyatkickvicshouse.gif (500x281, 1001K)

Vic's lawyer makes Lionel Hutz look like Johnnie Cochran so the 1% chance of his defamation suit going anywhere went down to 0%. There's gonna be another ruling but it's pretty much over.

Great idea, but when you have Toonami connections through sheer passion, you almost go full MTV and go "Hey this niche animated stuff can make some real money"

good

It’s Raven insulting Ruby as a toddler

>Unironically hope this doesn't mean Nomad of Nowhere is cancelled, love that show.
user, I....

I'm superised SOMEBODY liked that show

Man, they just don't like anyone with a katana do they?
Christ.

Also, this video is relevant to the layoff situation

vimeo.com/342632174

>The judge ignored evidence due to late filing
this is false according to somebody who was in the audience. The judge didn't care

Attached: Untitled.png (617x498, 55K)

Pic related.

Vic has been saddled with an incompetent real estate lawyer that was pushed on him a Youtube legal pundit. A defamation lawyer would have had much better luck defending him and would have known the court system and judges better but thanks to Beard being...a real estate lawyer the tortious interference stuff got tossed. He didn't know the judge and didn't prepare adequately (whether the standard was fair or not, a defamation lawyer would have had a better chance of realizing what was happening.) So that fucked Vic over real good.

The rest remains to be seen but ultimately it looks like Vic's been victimized by youtube creators and they've taken their audience along with the ride. It looks like a money making scheme trying to capitalize off his troubles and suck money out of the wallets of a naive and credulous audience.

Attached: allislots.jpg (375x375, 53K)

Raven being insecure to Summer is actually a good plot point but being in a comic questions it being put in the actual show in the future

Actually I think they would be pissed they couldn't milk it for exposure.
nobody even heard of them before this and between the leaks and emails found during the short discovery period before TCPA kicked in it shows how shitty they really are.

>pretty much over.
No its gonna drag on for the next year with appeals and more motions if he loses TCPA.

>your not hollywood
Burnie and Matt won't stop until they are.
>unnecessary "Diversity" Hires
They hired fan artists from Tumblr, since then its been going downhill.
>get rid of kinda funny
for some reason gaming press people love them.

She went on livestream with Rekieta and others, they said he ignored stuff like Jamie tweets and other emails because Ty couldnt find it in his papers.

Attached: homeland security.png (1088x1230, 447K)

Doesn't help that Ty admitted to the judge's face that he wasn't listening to what Chupp was saying

were any of the Rooster Teeth shows outside of RWBY internationally exported?

As far as I can tell, the comic is making shit up as it goes along.

best case scenario is james and adam leaving for bruce's new company.
It won't happen but I can hope

>James, Elyse, Allanah, Jon, Jacob, and Benson jump ship to Bruce's standalone company.
>They start doing NSFW patreon photoshoots
>I see Elyse's tiny boobs
>Adam and Lawrence perish alone

youtube.com/watch?v=p9OBf8f55tU

They deserve this

Attached: 7489118B-D1AC-4791-A26D-E334F7DF4205.jpg (350x216, 30K)

is this something you want or some surreal scenario

>RWBY seems like it brings in a lot of money
lol

>Ozpin VA goes nuts on twitter and obsesses over youtubers

I suppose I would go insane too if I was stuck voicing one of RWBY's worst characters

>Nick hires Ty Beard to handle Vic’s case
>has istandwithvic donate all their money to the cause
>the lawyer was shit
>mfw this is Rekieta’s idea to hire a low tier lawyer
>mfw Rekieta is actually a kickvic in istandwithvic’s clothing and made istandwithvic make their hero look bad by basically imploding itself without kickvic’s help
Holy shit, that would be a twist for the ages.

Attached: DFA65484-5027-4785-8AC8-06E450560F6E.png (1600x1207, 2M)

>After the Fall book was ok enough.

Isn't that RWBY in a nutshell? Just OK never really good or bad

Yeah it's kind of like when Sony announced a "clean" edit of the Raimi Spider-Man films.

If you compare the book to the show then the book is miles better and has cooler Grimm.
But its not great and there are issues with it.

What in the fuck does a company like Rooster Teeth need 300+ staff for? What the fuck do most of those people even fucking do?

So the moral is to never trust YouTube lawyers

I'm more surprised that 50 people consists of 15% of the staff

Death Battle is fine
Nobody from there got laid off
Nick was already out of the show

Didn’t thy just release some arena shooter that flopped? Why wouldn’t they stick with RWBY shit if they wanted to get a game off the ground. Release a sequel to that one hack and slash.

>believes the "muh he only does reel estate" meme

beardandharris.com/ty-beard.html

>inb4 "h-he could be lying!" as a response

GRIMM Eclipse had escort missions...
How the fuck could a company full of lifelong gamers greenlight that?

I see that as RT needing to experiment since animated shows and LPs are going the way of the dodo thanks to THE ALGORITHM so they're trying anything to make money and not need to depend on sinking ships

What if RWBY get's cancelled? Could you imagine the salt?

They created a new Animation channel
youtube.com/channel/UCII0hP2Ycmhh5j8lS4cexBQ/featured

I think a youtube channel to dump a shit ton of videos for ad revenue isn't as much of a financial impact as developing a game or new show. But yeah it's weird how they run.

indeed. do not trust youtube lawyers, in fact don't trust youtube creators in general. they are entertainers because they can't make it in other fields of work. they should not be trusted to give factual accurate summations of anything.

I've watched some Nick's streams, he's a decent host and he puts on a pretty good show so he's a pretty good creator as those things are measured. butt he's pretty scummy. he's also the one who started the Gofundme for Vic's legal costs but now that Vic owes fees to Monica Rial since the TI was dropped, the GFM will be factored into his damages since that was free money give to him by Nick.

That means that the amount he has to pay might go up since the judge can go "well you got $200k in free money already so you'll need to make up for that gap from your own wallet."

The GFM was an awful idea, it was so awful that I'm almost wondering if Nick suspected this could happen and deliberately set it up to 1) get monaaaayy 2) create audience investment as he enticed his viewers and anime fans to hand it over 3) deliberately leave Vic high and dry after the dust settles.

this case has gone through so much weird crap that it wouldn't surprise me. at the very least Rekieta is a grifter that's taking advantage of people.

thing is I believe that the tortious interference is true and that Vic has never trespassed on anyone, but his legal team is utter garbage to the point where it must be by design at least because of Rekieta's nepotism.

Attached: Thanos_on_Speed-Dial.jpg (576x455, 35K)

I don't know, I really like some cooking channels and there's some really cool programmer tutorials out there, but yeah 99% of the time it's just a dropout who thinks his 1 and a half years of community college makes them an expert.

Didn't he give Meyer advice for the Waid lawsuit?
How did that go?

Merch division including shipping will be like 10 including the R&D, in-house legal will be around 5, HR would be around 5, clerical, office management and accounting will be around 20 making sure the phones and mail get through, custodial and maintenance will be around 5, computer monkeys will be at least 20-30, marketing, industry outreach, and public relations will be around 20, international divisions as well as people on the road doing all the above will add something like 30 people to that number,

That leaves around 200 people doing content creation. In addition to the people making content, each project will have behind-the-scenes writers, management and some poor fucks who have to edit everything, which works out to around 20 teams of content/brands consisting of around 10 people each.

At my place of work at least four people/signatures get involved if I want to buy a can of WD-40 (obviously the chemical is more complicated than that but you get the point).

you make a good point, the shows about crafts and tech are often pretty good. but that's also about people following their passions and teaching them to an audience willing to learn.

a lot of youtube creators turn their liveshows into niche versions of Jerry Springer, that's what Rekieta does, it's what Drama Alert does. It's all just the equivalent of the daytime television that the olds watched back in their prime.

good, fuck em for making that stupid rbwy cartoon

These startup type companies usually grows to quickly and that have lots of redundant and useless positions.
They'll have lots of positions where 3-4 people are doing the work you really only need 1 person to do.
Basically, when they were like 50 employees. When a problem popped up. Instead of increasing a person's workload, they'd just higher someone new.

>Vicious Circle is already dead
Holy shit it's true. It fucking died in a month. It's like lawbreakers all over again

Attached: vicious flop.png (746x532, 177K)

Watch S2.E2. of Succesion
It's pretty much what's going on at RT but more to the extreme

Explain please.

Death Battle tends to mind its own business when it comes to RT shit aside from Chad being more involved with the RT crew

Alright kids, which niche youtuber is going to replace these interns I'll start
>Superbutterbuns
>Pan-Pizza
>NakeyJakey
>Ross Scott
>Rerez
>Kuro

Attached: 1566527268673.png (344x451, 258K)

>the GFM will be factored into his damages
Thats not how the law works.
If Vic loses the amount owed will only be legal costs, even then they can fight over what is a reasonable amount so Monica's lawyer cant just say hike up the legal bill cuz cash is on the table.

Dude, I want Power Rangers to score at least one win but I'm fine with Tommy going 0-2
Wait until Zedd gets a Boom handjob or have the Turbo Megazord fight a Combiner if the Zords prior to its creation get more Alpha-1 buffs

>a lot of youtube creators turn their liveshows into niche versions of Jerry Springer, that's what Rekieta does, it's what Drama Alert does. It's all just the equivalent of the daytime television that the olds watched back in their prime.
That's only really an issue when they try to pass it off as real news I think. If everyone just understood is was tabloid level celebrity gossip I don't think it'd be a problem.

oh yeah? that's good to hear actually, I don't want Vic going bankrupt over this

>Kuro
>In RT
I'll laugh my ass off if he tries to get Ben vs Hal 2 be made and land a spot on the research team and be the one to animate it

Seth has gone full tsundere

Attached: Its not like I want to work with you or something.jpg (584x1200, 110K)

...he does know that animation barely reflects the results right? Also shut up Seth that shot of Jiraya using a Rasengan to run through a Kamehameha was kino even though he lost. Also Dragonball powerlevels are dumb since Goku got tazed and Goku Black got shot in the head

>...he does know that animation barely reflects the results right?
What do you think?

Pat gets fatter every time i see him

I sadly only know that RWBY got a music and effects version that dubbing studios would use for making dubs out of

unfortunately I think that's what happens a lot. Nick really hyped up his audience with stuff like "the stupidest law firm in Texas could win this" and he's successfully pulled in a lot of people that are convinced this is a life and death ideological battle stuff. not sure if they're more or less jaded now.

I think he's legit prewriting 5 different scripts for Sasuke vs Heie and drafting the rumored Saitama vs Goku or Freiza vs Mewtwo season finale.

On that same note it means that when it doesn't make as much money as they want or if they feel they don't need new episodes anymore everyone can get the ax.

Pat's stream, which is just memespouting, made me realize that I have nothing in common with the vast majority of the fanbase.

For a while here on Yea Forums I thought that everyone liked the Best Friends performance for solid qualities. And seeing Pat moving on to succeed by making pure fucking trash changed that impression.

>Season finale
Wut

Fuckin' kek
Life imitates art.

People who could survive RT Closing outside of the top executives

- Gavin
- Chad and ben if they kept DB going
- Greg miller

and thats about it. everyone else would be kinda fucked and try to struggle on twitch or youtube

Attached: gavin-free.jpg (1140x702, 207K)

It's a meme from FBI statistics.
>Despite beign 13% of the population, blacks are responsible for 53% of the homicides.

The big rumor of Death Battle Season Finale is that this season is "Nothing but fan requests" so we're lead with these 3 fights
>Unicron vs Galactus
>Freiza vs Mewtwo
>Goku vs Superman 3 or Saitama
since apparently they're the last fights that have been heavily requested to the point they're filtered in the emails

Part of me thinks Chad has been associating himself more with the RT core because he doesnt do anything for DB outside of voice acting Boomstick
Also, their higher production values over time came from RT

>Nothing but fan requests
That was last year minus Carnage vs Lucy (and even then Carnage was heavily demanded) and Leon vs Frank (which was a request from Torrian)

I have a feeling Achievement Hunter could survive if they stick together and just come up with a new name or something if they can't use the old one.

Why do people like RT shows again? They are all pretty much trash, gen:lock being one of the worst things ive watched in awhile.

eh, that's Ben's words when describing this season since this season has a Ben 10 fight and a RWBY fight. But you're right. Hopefully, we get Freiza vs Mewtwo since people underestimate the power of Mewtwo especially since Freiza is the definition of "It Hurts itself in confusion"

>(suspected scat fetish)

Oh that is so not good.

Attached: 1567830320968.png (1640x785, 2.13M)

Ben himself has called Frieza vs Mewtwo a dumb match that makes no sense theme wise
When Shadow vs Mewtwo was announced he had to make an image comparing Mewtwo, Shadow, Silver, and Frieza to point out they have nothing in common aside from purple, white, and tails

Personally I think its keeping content releases at a high pace and terrible management.

if they were to stick with Geoff, Micheal, Gavin, jack, Ryan, & Jeremy and get rid of everyone else who works behind them than yeah they could survive on their own. but i highly doubt any of them would want to make the same amount of content they do now, plus possibly having to move to a longer twitch schedule and either have to edit all their stuff themselves to cut costs or have to hire like 2-3 editors.

DESPITE

whelp that's thrown out the window, whelp good luck Galactus or Goku hope you can punch your way out of whatever bullshit.

>Being surprised fat fuck Mcgee, who was only liked for being a loud angry asshole who say next to a less funny whinier angry asshole would be producing nothing but garbage for the rest of his life on Twitch

I like Pat too but he'd work better if he just stuck with Woolie and they bro'd it every episode like fans were hoping for

Considering RWBY still has some tie to blazblue cross tag it would likely go there, unless Warner wants to keep it. Warner is the overall owner after all. Also might be some rights still in Monty's family's hands considering he pitched RWBY to RT, he didn't make it for them directly "on commission" as it were. That could complicate what happens to RWBY.

Both Pat and Woolie hate the LP format and playing with someone else on controls. So they decided to make the same money doing something else, which makes them happier. It's a win-win for them but to me, they're basically unwatchable now.

Pretty sure RWBY is already there.

If we are going on what Ben says as law, than we aren't getting GvS 3 either

>succumbed to bullying
>everyone hates them now
good

I hope its Fiona.

Sounds about right. They grew pretty rapidly, but with only middling successes.

Ray did it, i actually see Doolz on Twitch a lot these days, along with Ryan and jack so maybe their looking to the future....

I forgot to include this, but I expect TFS will go through a similar problem here soon.

Alfredo is based

He occasionally works on big budget movies

Warner brothers isn't going to let something that prints easy money like Rwby just stop.

>A shadowy figure from WB appears in the offices
>Okay Ben if you want to save these people's jobs and your livelihood you need to have Daffy win the fight against Donald, is that clear

.....And?

Unless this somehow stops the flow of sexualized Blake fanart, who cares?

shut the fuck up Boco

Attached: 1565834170889.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

I will be quiet in exchange for one pic of Blake boobies.

Yeah. I extort now.

Attached: They're ruined.jpg (1274x743, 72K)

Wouldn't Daffy win via superior toon hax and fourth wall breaking?

Memes were supposed to be natural and not just shit people parroted non-stop until it would never be funny again.

I hope Vic gets to personally assfuck Burnie live on stage at RTX in front of his bitch ex-wife, thick as fuck new-wife and three faggot kids

#GotVic'ed

God I hope they cancel DB

How popular is it compared to other RT shows?
I only watch DB

no one from Death Battle got laid off

user, it was dead long before this happened.

>implying they can even touch that cash cow
Let's face the facts, DB is NEVER going anywhere. It was the only thing keeping Screw Attack afloat.

God, of course he has such shit taste.

he's legitimately considered one of the world's leading experts on cinematic slo-mo. He consulted on a few movies before creating his channel and later joining RoosterTeeth, and has continued to consult on an on-and-off basis for several big budget hollywood pictures.
He'll be fine no matter what happens to RT

A lot of the podcasts are also pretty safe. They've got huge followings and don't require a lot of funding to keep up

Waid is still stalling, apparently

Plus he is one of the faces of RT. Some people are safe from lay off. It's like they would get rid of Barbara.

plenty of good channels out there
I watch like 30 art channels, a few animator channels, and some cooking channels regularly
for news/current events, i don't see why people trust these commentary channels. they're just as biased as the news sources

could be a non-compete clause in their contracts

>Also might be some rights still in Monty's family's hands considering he pitched RWBY to RT, he didn't make it for them directly "on commission" as it were. That could complicate what happens to RWBY.
odds are that he had to give RT the rights for them to make it
I don't doubt the thot who killed him with cats wouldn't sue them in an instant to pay for more plastic surgery

lol get fucked red face, go fuck a wall

TFS? forgot they tried becoming a legit studio
I laughed my ass off when I saw this one video of this fat guy saying how proud he was to have spent most of his adult life working on that piece of shit

who knows, maybe Toei will finally sue the shit outta them

they'd probably try rebooting it with someone else
maybe an actual anime studio

He's coming back where he belongs baby

Papa Craig is gonna welcome him home

Big keks at Craig trying to scoop up RT's rejects.
It comes across less as charity and more of Craig trying to drag any name recognition he can to boost Game Attack's pitiful numbers.

Attached: d17d899ad73fcc54bd08ce47719e212f.png (578x186, 18K)

Did Tommy actually lose despite getting his dick sucked so hard in the preshow?

>Both Pat and Woolie hate the lp format

Pat absolutely, but Woolie is slavishly devoted to it

Even Matt isn't as devoted to it although that is probably because he's desperately trying to get wha happens out every week because that's his only popular feature

But you can hear on the podcast about woolie so worried about LP poison that he's putting twitter polls up

Those guys needed Pat to say who gives a fuck but the only thing he needed them for is an excuse to get out of his pajamas

The salt would be amazing, especially since the last season pretty much ended with one of the most popular ships being semi confirmed. Can you imagine the metric fuckton of /u/ salt if it was never more than that.

>Mortal Kombat

fucking 2d niggers.

He was obsessing over the youtubers who review RWBY.

Yeah
Ended with Kiryu (who's sentient after Akane got shot down) pulling the Mega Dragonzord's drill closer for it to land a point blank Absolute Zero shot

Honestly as someone who actually liked the show RT unironically should. Burn it the fuck down it's better than what they actually did to it.

inb4 Rooster Teeth becomes swallowed by DB like it swallowed Screwattack

Nah its the only RT Thing that even gets on youtubes trending list its not going anywhere unless they start running out of ideas

oh screw attack is completly dead craig gave up on it as soon as RT Bought it years ago, even game attack barely does anything, he and shawn bolen started their own thing while Chad moved to RT On a more permanent basis, have no clue what ben does outside of DB though i never see him do RT Or AH Stuff like chad does.

Attached: Craig_Skistimas.png (1366x768, 1.71M)

Wew. Now we know why they didn't just ask JDF to voice. We all know he has nothing better to do, but would only do it if Tommy won.

Craig is offering Nick a position at Game Attack
Ben's busy as a showrunner, voice actor, writer, etc for Death Battle while Chad just voices Boomstick so it makes sense he has more time to do more RT in general stuff

the only times they got an official VA that wasn't RT related were Sigma and Ichigo and both were given pseudonyms
JYB went by "Adam Park" and his link was directed to Wikipedia's page on frogs

Good. I don’t care about the rest as long as CC is fine

Meant for

Well shit.

QnA confirmed both pilots survived
Akane was supposed to get out of the plane survived and Tommy was supposed to enter out of rubble with a busted Dragon Dagger

I don't even listen to the podcast anymore as the lack of shits I give about their other products has a negative impact on the podcast product. I don't exactly follow what you're saying about Woolie. Is Woolie concerned about his LP product that he's putting up Twitter polls? Does he finally fucking realize that basically all his LPs are bland as fuck and it is entirely to blame on his choice of friends he chooses to play with?

Matt has three decades of video game trainwrecks to tap for Wha Happun and he can easily incorporate movies and television and comics into that format; his gravy train isn't going to stop running. Whatever tepid LP he cranks out with Liam in the classic formula is still better than anything any of them are making. Pat may be the most successful but fuck his godawful stream, which is this generations premier cultural sewage. The Best Friends LPs were for the most part unedited too and whatever shit they wanted to throw up on the channel but they weren't the same fucking sex and cat jokes non-stop.

im miss TBF so much user

No he was losing his shit over Vic supporters.
He started retweeting nutjobs too, some who dox and sperg at randos, eventually he calmed down (relatively) but the dumbest thing he said was about "abuse of power" in relationships. Acting like being a VA is equivalent to a Hollywood movie star.

>-New character in After the Fall book "Carmine Esclados" gets shit on for being over designed.

Never noticed that desu

-Manga was crap (not the shirow one)

Debatable

Not really contending the other stuff, although these are one sentence summaries so /shrug

I wonder, what's so bad about this game? Or was the marketing just butt.

For a guy who hates DB, he sure does want to work as a researcher for them

>-New RWBY writer has a history of whining about the rich white males on twitter and her previous books suck. (suspected scat fetish)
>(suspected scat fetish)

Attached: quack.png (219x207, 56K)

>got home from a long day at work
>got a big sandwich to cheer myself up while i watch smash ultimate fisticuffs
>get this instead
It still hurts

Attached: ithurtstolive.jpg (600x468, 37K)

At its core its a 5 vs 1 juggernaut game that slides from 5 mercs vs 1 monster and at the end is 5 monsters vs 1 merc. The game also encourages you to fuck over the teammates and even if you tried to purposely sabotage the enemy, you can't, so there is no real way to make that fun or engaging without stripping the game from its (poorly designed) core.

Mega 64 > Rooster Teeth

Attached: 1544818254712.gif (300x300, 177K)

Matt already does videos with effort and will likely survive out of spite being called simpsons macfartgas. While those two chucklefucks are so shitty when doing solo shit. Liam breaking down when hearing pat and woolie getting by RT was hilarious in a way

I'm not sure why people are saying Monty's death was the end of RWBY. The guy died after Vol 2 and we are getting Vol 7 in less than 2 months. And Monty was more of an idea guy who was good at choreographing fights. He wasn't exactly someone who cared much about long term planning.

>in a way
that way being the least he deserved

When was the last time RWBY was good, though? I'm willing to believe that Monty had input about the future of the plot even through this point, but like...the execution is pretty shitty. There's a LOT of wasted time of "dramatic pauses" in episodes that are too short to waste time, the dialogue is stilted in a way that feels as though it was translated from another language but wasn't, and the lack of Monty's choreography REALLY comes across in the supposed "epic fight scenes" in the last few seasons.

>Liam breaking down when hearing pat and woolie getting by RT was hilarious in a way
Where was this? Liam became such a piece of shit when TBFP died I want to see that.

>Wolverine vs Shredder
Wolverine, no doubt

>Iron Fist vs Ryu
Ryu has fought gods angrier than his evil form.

>Hal Jordan vs Nova
Nova gets raped worse than Tennyson.

>Bill Cipher vs Discord
Draw, with the real losers being the crowd when they realize it's another Ponies battle.

>Genji vs Gray Fox
DBX already showed that, but with Raiden. Genji has no chance.

>Millennium Falcon vs USS Enterprise
They're not even the same kind of ship.

Alfredo is probably at least the 5th or so best AH member at this point

That's the point of his post
They're all curb stomps people won't shut up about requesting
They've done stomps but even they have a limit like Goku vs Ryu

>DBX already showed that, but with Raiden. Genji has no chance.
Well DBX is done with zero research done and is just made for the battle itself. But you're right, Genji would never win. It's stupid to even try and have them in a Death Battle. Like with Black Widow vs Widowmaker. Black Widow has feats and facts from decades of comics, cartoons, movies and games, whereas Widowmaker has only appeared in a couple of comics and a games.

wait, what did liam do. i stopped keeping track of him after he left.

He was just a real big bitch as I recall. When TBFP died he started some drama about how Pat was a dick to him and tried dragging Woolie into it.
I forget what exactly happened, there were a lot of Yea Forums threads around that time. It really lowered my impression of Liam.

>tfw no more yuri development
I hate this fuckin planet

I wanna see Genji vs Snake Eyes or Gray Fox vs Snake Eyes

Liam can't stand Pat which was never a big secret but was in an echo chamber so long that he celebrated the channel dying with no context that people were actually upset

When people called him out on it he literally shouted WOOLIE SAVE ME at a time where all three of them were clearly trying to be gracious and above mudslinging

Still fuckin' popular. I mean, this channel was once ScrewAttack. That, and not to mention 60% of the damn comments are DB suggestions.

man what a dick. and here i was feeling bad about his little freakout i saw posted here when he found out about RT.

At least he voices one of the better RvB characters.

Nah, Alfredo sucks. He's just an asshole, he's either too good at a game to be funny or so bad at it that he doesn't give a fuck and wastes everybody's time. Alfredo and Trevor were scrapping at the bottom for shittiest member before Fiona showed up.

Shit sux, but...... they not dead. As long as I get Gen:LOCK finished, all is well.

Marzgurl is dead to me.

so which higher up has the crack addiction that needs fueled? Or is it all of them?

> Trevor
> scrapping at the bottom

Ray's audible shock

youtube.com/watch?v=6hi9mWe60v8

>The Millennium Falcon vs The Enterprise
fucking what?

maybe eric will have to come back home

Ray is a fucking champ.

Ray is too based for modern AH.

>Hazbin Hotel is next
The fuck does that shitty Youtube short have to do with RoosterTeeth?

MODS?!
JANNIES?! WHERE ARE YOU?!

Attached: 1544096660274.jpg (527x485, 121K)

Genlock's expenses probably got them into this mess.

Oh, was it just an obscure meem reference?

players are allergic to "4 vs 1" games since evolve

knowyourmeme.com/memes/despite-being-only-13-percent-of-the-population

kys immediately

But it's not 4 vs 1, it's (1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1) vs 1. Which is retarded.

Anons with the hateboner cannot miss a chance to mention that project.

Are they gonna be alright?

Attached: cvsnHkO.jpg (480x480, 72K)

Ifbeither james or adam leaves it's no longer Funhaus, honestly without Bruce is no longer Funhaus

dont they have a loyal enough fanbase that they could become their own thing if rooster teeth goes under?

They already survived G4 going under, so I'd say they have a pretty good chance of doing it again.

>JYB went by "Adam Park" and his link was directed to Wikipedia's page on frogs
I fucking love that man.

>Whatever tepid LP he cranks out with Liam in the classic formula is still better than anything any of them are making
I'd rather have nothing than listen to Matt and Liam's voices. Pat not LPing anymore was the end of me watching LPs.

Hasnt been the same sine Spoole left, now that Bruce is gone what is the fuckin point?

AH is too fucking destructive and violent for good guy Ray. Imagine if Ray had been there for the destiny raid meltdown. He'd probably quit, or fucking die.

Attached: 1423946573019.gif (576x324, 1.98M)

you fools really think 50 people is going to make the hole of everything go away

Attached: 355745574674.jpg (625x468, 69K)

so are you retarded?

Gav could partner with YouTube directly if RT went to actual shit. He basically already did with the super slow show or whatever that thing was called. Gav normally doesn't give a fuck, but an internal meltdown at RT would result in him leaving RT long before RT woulf leave him.

Barb's a jolly ol' slut, and I mean that in a completely positive way, she'd work for RT's spare change if it meant she gets to say shitty puns and make jerk off motions to a hundred thousand fans on the internet.

Attached: 1545948986835.gif (720x404, 2.52M)

other companies do this shit all the time why is it big thing that RT did it are you some of those outrage fags looking for shit to hate

Attached: 1486227952120.png (332x352, 53K)

>MFW

Attached: blaine face.webm (1920x1080, 2.39M)

Nah, Diversity hires won't be fired, even if they're completly useless .

>Goku vs Superman 3

Holy shit is this still back in fucking demand? I thought they were done with that fight.

Attached: A3EB2420-24C0-46D4-A6F9-539D676FC3C7.jpg (396x672, 63K)

Screwattack>Mega 64>Rooster Teeth

I hope if Nick goes to GA we can start getting more old school SA type stuff

>Goku vs Superman 3

Wait there was two of them?!

I’ve been away from DB a long time, but there was a second one?!

Why did they do a second one?

Attached: 29D2953B-EAED-45D3-80EB-870169CD863E.gif (247x161, 1.22M)

Super Saiyan God
Superman won again
Killing blow was heat vision lobotomy

They had 400 employees? WTF.

Ok so I assume with the new ultra instinct it’s been in demand.

Didn’t Superman do another feat where he flew from a universe meant to imprison him and punched his way through 3rd, 4th and 5th dimension and made it to the 6th dimension and punch the world maker guy with the hammer?

It seems that Goku fans always wanna move the damn goal posts and not accept that their favorite guy lost.

Cause feelings

For me it was specifically Pat and Matt together. Nothing was better than those two playing off each other. The dumb hilarious shit that they accomplished together was unmatched. I'm not saying Matt and Liam together approach anything resembling good, but Life is Strange is... okay. It's fine if you're desperate. When they're done, LPs will be done for me too.

It's weird that LPs begin and end with them. There are some funny one-off LPs out there but nobody performed with any reliability as those two. Shit, their Slender Machinima stuff and DP was too good.

>Blanchard
Just when he thought he had his foot in the door. I don’t hate him as a person but I can’t fucking stand him.

>Allanah
Worst member by miles. I can’t watch anything she’s in which is basically every video now. Killed FH for me.

God I wish they would get rid of her.

Cringe

I’m going to go with “no”. Without Bruce to keep them grounded I’m going to wager that they’ll slip into their natural whiny joyless leftist selves.

She's a good DJ, though
soundcloud.com/charalanahzard/dude-soup-live-mix-rtx-bounce

This unfortunately

They'd turn into you?

Good one. No matter how much you suck their dick online they’ll never be your friends.

Couldn't have happened, the Salt Raid only happened because they hired another minority to replace him.

I think a lot of is going to depend on how Arizona Circle does. If it bombs like every single one of their attempts at scripted comedy then I assume RT is going to stop green-lighting anything else Funhaus tries to do in the future. After that I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else there leaves as well and just joins whatever Bruce is planning or just tries to get into production jobs elsewhere.
After watching the preview of it they did a while back I don't have very high hopes for it.

Attached: tenor.gif (161x90, 121K)

As far as the newer Let's Play group.

Trevor is occasionally funny as shit.
Alfredo is like Ray if he wasn't a moody asshole. I'll never understand why people miss him so much.

A boy can dream. I wish she would get laid off.

Ray was actually decent when he wasn't being forced to play Minecraft and GTA.

He came to RT with a six volume outline, though, they stated that in the podcast he was on. And then Shane and the cat thot killer have come out and said that as soon as Monty died the show changed gears and direction

>(suspected scat fetish)

Attached: vault.jpg (800x450, 98K)

It was on what looked like twitch chat when someone asked what he thought about pat and woolie joining rt. he was so upset at the news that he cancelled his stream

She is loving the dream and I am incredibly jealous.

Attached: 1567840867274.jpg (562x373, 21K)

>Press S to shit on their grave.

That's what those faggots get for how they bent the knee to that fat cow Monica Rial.

Gavin only works for RT because he wants to, not because he has to.

He legitimately only works there because he was an RvB fanboy as a teenager.

>warner media
Another, no, perhaps its best to say "one" piece of the puzzle falls into place.

Attached: Neo RWBY.png (575x1150, 628K)

I'd be surprised if animation isn't gutted.
It's high cost, low return and RWBY has been running around headless since the creator fucking died.

>boohoo muh sekrit meimei

Eat a dick.

>reporting the news BAD

Attached: (You).jpg (495x283, 136K)

The sooner that cult ends the better.

>Ozpin VA goes nuts on twitter and obsesses over youtubers
whats the story with this?

i could see them going back on everything and say that he was a good dude if he killed himself

joel heyman

That only happened because Alfredo just thought everyone was on the same level of communication as he was when it comes to raid shit like that. Not realizing the group thrives off of chaos.
Alfredo just is the weakest link since he's trying so hard to make them into a sort of esports group with that retarded gitgud series, when in reality, they thrive when they're just messing around.

I bet this didnt help

Attached: flop.jpg (460x215, 50K)

>Daenerys’ heel turn in the final season of Game Of Thrones
T. based retard who didn't figure out she was an evil, powergrabbing cunt at the beginning of the series

There's nothing bad about it per se, it's just underdeveloped, has no variety, was released with the hopes it would gain traction (as opposed to bundling it with some other RT product or campaign), and, most importantly: the modern audience that plays shooters really only care about F2P or CoD.

This. Cannot stand her. They really went for the "let's get a youngish memer gamer gurl in to satiate the cumbrain audience" move.

Woolie's LPs with eyepatch wolf fucking suck.

>Alfredo
Bruh

As far as I'm concerned the entire damn company needs to burn to the ground, I'm not overly racist, but there has always been too many fucking jews in RT. Nepotism has always been RTs standard operating procedure.

Death Battle and AH should split off and do their own things, the rest should have died years ago. Right around the time Ray left was the biggest signalling of the end, the quality of EVERYTHING fell dramatically after that. RWBY was almost always shit and will never be what it could be, death of monty made sure of that.

To call RT a shell of their former self would be too flattering.

Attached: 1544446587587.jpg (480x479, 61K)

>Niche Youtubers like Frederator
They're a multi-channel network that used to make cartoons, but now mostly just contract with weird bullshit that gets algorithmic promotion.

They were the canary in the coal mine, scraping site statistics and notifying users for years that quality content would no longer get them viewership. In fact I think it was one of their guys who coined the phrase, "Don't make good video, make video good enough for Youtube".

>They've been wanting to axe it for ages because it's just a cash cow to them.

Dude...what?!?

Attached: 1492201009810.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Maybe he meant for reasons of creative fulfillment?

Nope. At the end of the game its 4 vs 1 because the merc is chased by the chicken and the 3 little monsters.

>im not racist
>BUT

>Ross Scott

Do not bring Mold King into this, he is too pure for this corporate nonsense.

That's not what I said. I said I'm not OVERLY. Get some reading comprehension, brainlet. I denied nothing.

Except Dead By Daylight. It's the only one that can stay alive. If people want a game like that they will just play DBD.

someone's sizzled

can't believe joel got canned and we never did get to find out what he actually did at the company for the last few years

joel heyman got fired?

Isn't Joel an owner?

speculated based on his (now deleted) tweet from this morning/last night

gus and burnie actively try to avoid mentioning joel every chance they can when they talk about old RT or founder stuff on the RT podcast. geoff/AH mentions him still rarely and once in a blue moon he gets coerced into on the spot's cast for an episode or two, otherwise we'd never see or hear of him ever. he doesn't even tweet about RT.

Alfredo is nowhere near as entertaining as Ray

To be fair, I always just assumed Joel was the silent partner in the company who outside of RvB was more of a financial backer.

When did you guys stop regularly watching RT content?

Minecraft 200.

I still regularly watch AH videos while at work during lunch. Aside from that I don't watch much else of their content. I finally stopped watchingt RvB after the Chorus saga

>Death Battle is fine

Attached: Damn it.jpg (180x212, 9K)

I only watch AH videos almost daily now, as well as certain podcasts. never bothered with First and I dropped off watching FH videos pretty much entirely months ago. I'll watch their month recap video and pick videos from that to watch

I stopped watching RT the moment that intern that dyed his hear green started working there, and for that specific reason.

Only care about RWBY, RvB and Gen:Lock.
DB lost me with Spider-Man vs Mikasa

Attached: rwby__yang_xiao_long___spartan_armour_by_dishwasher1910_d87qsbt-fullview.jpg (1024x1707, 256K)

>speculated based on his (now deleted) tweet from this morning/last night
Is there a screencap?

Never sell yourself to some giant company. This will always happen.

When Sports Ball was filled with people with shit opinions about sports and not Joel, Geoff, and Ray

>who was good at choreographing fights

Gonna have to disagree with you there

That was uncalled for.

Attached: 1566948303435.png (771x723, 680K)

when funhaus changed the schedule

he made some 'dumb' joke about bolton getting shitcanned then not a few hours later he made the same joke with his own name in it instead of bolton, then deleted it. then news of the layoffs came out.

I've already accepted the end.
Back when I was in high school, the best part of my day was coming home to watch their videos, way back when they were still in IG.
But for a long time now I haven't really enjoyed their content anymore. Maybe they grew stale, but I think I just changed, or maybe it's both, I don't know.
Regardless, it's better to just end I think, like sacrificing an old dog you loved.
I wish they had focused more on what made them great in the first place, too bad we won't ever see another 'blade' or 'thruster man' again.

Attached: atom.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

is grifter the new incel from losers above?

based

RT is dead.

Nick's also considering Voice Acting
The cast director for Death Battle has offered her help for resources

Alot of achievement Hunter would be fine. Michael was an electrician, Ryan could go back to doing website design, Lindsay's got a family practice she can go to, Geoff probably has enough where he could survive a while, Trevor was supposedly an engineer.

They've done it before

FYI, allegedly 37 of those lay-offs were part of the live-action production team so that’s probably what’s getting scaled back the most.

I doubt anyone in the animation department got cut unless they had already wanted to fire that person anyways.

Question, so what did Fiona do prior to working at AH? Was she a steamer?

You're telling me some machinima animator company has almost 400 employees? No way most of the are of any use. I bet they have whole divisions of nothing but worthless social media shitposting sjws. They should have cut off way more than 50. Why are youtube companies so inefficient at management and personnel? Linus Tech Tips have over 30 employees and a huge office, and they just make youtube videos. On the other hand, Pewdiepie only has himself and his editor, and he's dabbing on all these tryhard youtube companies.

RT was made before youtube and have always focused on their own site as much as youtube.
they see themselves as a legitimate "media company" because of making ""television shows"" and """movies""" that transcend the youtube barrier.

Actually it’s at least twice at popular as when Monty was Alive.

There are companies making billions annually in revenue that have less employees. Why the fuck are they so bloated?

It's mostly editors and 2D animators for shit like animated clips of gaming channel segments. They also use non-machinima animation for shit like gen:LOCK and RWBY.

a quarter of the employees are housed under AH and FH combined. on-screen "personalities" are all RT employees, as well as every individual editor (AH has like 10+) or whatever other roles they have people for.

Yeah

It’s basically dead without outside funding just cause of how expensive it is so you better hope it does well enough on Toonami to get them that.

>six volume outline
Six season outline user. Important distinction.
Remember back when it started the plan was 2 volumes per season but then what would have been season 1 took place over volumes 1-3 and at that point they just dropped that whole idea and said “fuck it! Volume = Season.”

Also regarding the “they changed shit” fiasco, I’m pretty sure Monty’s plan was pretty much, “animu girls travel the world, and try to keep evil witch from assembling the triforce”.

Pat makes bank on Twitch donations. I don't know how Woolie is surviving since his solo stuff doesn't draw views.

oh, ok. wasn't sure.

james is a high horse annoying person. I dislike watching videos where bruce and adam aren't with him, since no one else disagrees with James, and prevents him from controlling the entire episode.

link to mega with camp camp please

Honestly im more impressed they ever even got to this point, yeah they have many shows and i guess kids watch them, but they always struck me as overambitious like Telltale.

I still recall the cringe i felt from a local news station reporting on rwby years ago

Matt and Pat was the best pair when the channel started, but as the years went on, Matt became less and less funny and more of a whiny bitch and I'd have rather had Pat and Woolie by the end.

how the fuck is fpbp every single time?

Attached: 26VIACOM-articleLarge.jpg (600x833, 90K)

reminder that none of Rooster Teeth's show's got international export except for RWBY

Jeremy or that Kdin tranny?

Jeremy

You right, user. Ta for keeping me right.

>Pat realizes he was a dick to Liam at some points
>He's also been playing Warframe a ton
>Liam expresses interest in playing Warframe
>"Hey man, if you ever need any advice or help I'd be happy to."
>Liam freaks out, cries on Twitter, makes people come defend him and shit on Pat, then talks about how that's just a horrible thing to do to someone

Rwby was never really that good. It was enjoyable because of some fine fight scenes and the fact that it was a small indie domestically produced product.

>It's like they would get rid of Barbara
if there were a fundraiser to get Barbara fired, i would contribute. or At least get her off camera/mic/anything. She's awful

pray that trevor knocks her up and she doesn't immediately abort it and it keeps her off camera

>wanting another jew in the world

If Zoe Quinn didn’t, chances are they won’t either

Nice trips.

Seriously though, this. Not because of the schedule but because they changed up their content. I actually prefer their lower budget shit (comments show namely) and preferred the older layout of the office as it was more conducive to the humour (demo disk happening to have Elyse or Lawrence behind to occasionally join in).

Cow Chop is gone this year so there's a few more % right there.

cow chop are just partnered with RT, they aren't RT employees. Otherwise running out of money wouldn't be one of the big issues they're facing.

Why did Liam freak out like that anyway?

I find it funny RWBY didn't have any lesbian elements until AFTER Monty died, considering he made Haloid.

youtube.com/watch?v=RMArzXvOYUM

Attached: 1538884626496.gif (280x269, 634K)

based

Attached: peakhumanity.png (669x730, 129K)

>man eats crap
Classic

u guys like elyse?

Attached: elysev3crop.png (2388x1399, 1.05M)

any non-animal-focused company that openly allows dogs to walk around and simply be brought in to work for no good fucking reason deserve to fall apart

She’s an anomaly. Every shitty soulless let’s play group eventually adds a token female member, and they always end up being terrible and ignorant when it comes to gaming, but Elyse somehow ended up being funny.

What does Barbara even do?

she's the Social Media director.

>Social Media director
S o basically nothing

twitter.com/graymartigan/status/1172586999347404801
Gray has left RT.

RIP

Because Liam is a fucking child.

For the most part Liam (and Matt) is correct about Pat, who flies off the handle and says some pretty inflammatory shit without considering for a moment the context of how it could be harmful. And that's pretty much why we find Pat entertaining but it's obvious that it's not an act and that Pat is like that all the time and when it comes time to actually talking over something serious, it's likely Pat will continue to be his inconsiderate self. What Liam doesn't realize is that dancing on the grave of the Best Friends channel before the body's gone cold is also inconsiderate as fuck given that the audience was there purely for love and entertainment and he had to taint the loss with some (legitimate) grudge shit. You wouldn't go to the funeral of your worst enemy and taunt their children, that's always going to be fucked up and that's basically what Liam did.

Maybe in a few years Liam will grow up and if he doesn't he'll just be one of those useless fucking adults who think their opinions are the only ones that matter. But given his shitty reaction to the RT partnership and how for some fucking reason he couldn't feel at least happy for Woolie is some real fucked up shit. Or maybe Liam just hates Woolie too now so his actions now make sense if not still petty as fuck.

It's fine Liam feels the way he does but he's a fucking retard for not knowing that venting in public doesn't help him at all on a personal or public opinion level. Talking shit about people behind their backs gets you fucking nothing unless you are actually planning a revolution. Otherwise your fucking therapist is there for that shit; the Internet mob is a shit therapist.

eh they're probably still making profit

I mean... no shit.
There’s no chance of RT going under until RWBY ends just because of how much fucking money it makes.

At worst RT just gets merged into the VRV umbrella.

Somehow I still listen to the RT podcast, mostly for burnie/gus banter. Episodes without them are consistently trash though, mainly consisting of dick jokes and millenial dating talk. I can already feel that I'll stop listening to it in the semi near future though ,just because there's increasingly more video related segments on it, which I'll never understand. Are there really that many people who have nothing better to do than watch a 90 minute podcast? Podcasts are shit I'll put on dureing a commute or walking my dog when i'm not in the mood for music or an audiobook, and RT podcast when I'm not in the mood for more educational/''serious'' (not really) stuff. So the idea that there's enough people actually watching that shit that they,re increasingly catering to it is weird af to me.

Not sure if I'm just getting old, or my taste isn,t quite that shitty yet. But there's soooooo many better things i could be watching or doing when i have the time sit and watch something

>Geoff probably has enough where he could survive a while
Geoff, for all his faults, is a funny dude. i'm sure he'd bounce back somehow. Not sure doing what, but he'd be fine even if he wasn,t a founder

>Geoff probably has enough where he could survive a while
not after the divorce or with a teenage daughter

>Why are youtube companies
RT predates youtube and has been pretty adamant about not relying on companies like youtube as your only platform for content

heh

Attached: 1518131290020.jpg (610x960, 53K)

>I know nothing, yet i must shitpost.

>nipon no nipopon
>pipon no pipopo
Ok that's pretty funny

You mean beyond hamming up everything she,s in, acted or not?

Hey man, can i have some change?

A job which she fucked up on literally her first day, what a keeper for RT

I agree
The more 'produced' the shows got the worse they ended up being.

He was funny when he drank, now he's just a sanctimonious cunt

I stopped watching RvB after the writers decided that it needed a serious story. Once that started episodes had a strange juxtaposition of them trying to have this serious subject going on and then suddenly the original characters would show up to do something silly.
I stopped watching the podcast soon after they switched the name from Drunk Tank to appease sponsors and they also stopped shitting on Jack as often.
RWBY was always trash so I never got into it.

I'll still watch AH videos occasionally if that new annoying cunt isn't in them. I'll also watch FH stuff as well although I'm wondering how much longer they'll last now that Bruce bailed.

The podcast is Woolie's, that's where he's getting most of his money supplemented with whatever scraps he gets from YouTube plus the occasional stream and running the con circuit

Pats got whatever percentage he gets from the podcast, which make no mistake is what RT paid for, plus his streaming which was already enough between him and his girl clone to buy a freaking house

Which was probably the impetus for Matt to kill the channel to carve out his own thing because he has always hated the podcast

Clearly you aren't considering how much merch there is.

They're just so hit and miss. I've enjoyed stuff like the Matrix plays where they dressed up and 'Weed Labo' but there has been some utter garbage like 'Skaters vs Surfboarders' (or whatever the fuck it was called) and the one's where they've dressed up as singers/artists for whatever reason. Also, 'Talking Stalkings' sounded funny but, christ, those videos are hard misses.

Also, used to love Google trends, then liked it less when they did the gameshow set up, now detest it with Alanah at the helm.

Good one…

I guess they'll truly have the last laugh after all

Attached: 1445976226147.png (561x471, 207K)

>At worst RT just gets merged into the VRV umbrella.
You mean the Ellation umbrella?
because that already happened, VRV, Crunchyroll and RT are all under Ellation.

and that only happened because AT&T directed Warner bros Japan to do it.

>Blazeblue cross over was well received
certainly not because of rwby

Roosterteeth for me has always been a burning sack of shit waiting to burst open.

Looking back, I was watching a bunch of losers. I was watching RT since 2010 and game fails. I would watch lets play videos every week. The last straw that broke my interest was when ray left 4 years ago.

The personalities were representing a socially awkward community and became nothing but know-it-all neckbeards. I’d download podcasts and increasingly i’d get bored of burnie and gus acting like they knew everything.

The bubble just burst in the end. Everyone was just a fucking depressing load of bollocks to watch.

The community was and probably still is a fucking joke. Hyper autistic twonks having slapfights over whether X player cheated in Y recording session or crying over math problems. I think there was a minecraft video with triangles and spheres and the whole subreddit discussion was guys screaming at each other because someone was using incorrect geometry. I’ve met no one friendly here at all.

The YouTube channel decided to self destruct overnight thanks to michael burns when they decided that all the GOOD content they required to excel properly belonged on other channels. I said back in 2013 “hey you guys should probably focus on quality instead of shitting out shows no one wants to watch” NOPE THIS CHANNEL IS FOR THINGS NO ONE WANTS. Then they say, Ok, we’ll get on twitch, Ray leaves because Roosterteeth decides he’s using their name to get audience members. As I look back, that guy was a fucking loser too. Somehow goes after gamerscore with a glitched account.

What does the Roosterteeth YouTube channel even have on it these days? I just checked the social blade. They barely made 500,000 subs over the past 2 years. It’s going to be the year 2022 before they even reach 10 million. Every day 500 subscribers vanish so i’m not even sure they’ll reach a diamond play button.

The only reason those dumb ass geekz aren't as over as literally any other video game youtube shit is that they didn't milk it at the right time when it was effortless to start your game channel with decent views. That's it. That's all. Still have way more actual legitimacy than anyone out there in that particular niche, though.

What a surprise! Here's a TL;DR. You know how Burnie and Gus, but specially Burnie, acted on the forums? Shutting down and even banning anyone that had any thing even slightly negative to say about RT? Nothing changed.

Derrick will be the one that will nuke it all. He's gotten better, but for a while there all he could manage was bitch about the youtube thing while at the same time not getting why they weren't as big there as other groups.

The singular funniest female on the internet Genuinely entertaining.

>puts all the eggs on Gen:lock
>it doesn't pay off anything

now they only have rwby but is already dying and all the other cartoons are mediocre at best.

Attached: giornosmug.jpg (1080x1080, 63K)

Did they really think gen:lock was gonna be a hit? It was literally one of the worst things ive ever watched.

Ah they are far enough away to dodge any fallout

i mean they invested a ton of money specially the VA, you don't waste so much unless you think you have the winning formula.

They're their own separate shitshow, user. If you still like them, here's hoping they only eat shit once, and not twice on account of RT.

Gen:Lock is doomed.

Attached: 1421000930961.png (231x363, 140K)

Its hard to believe that someone actually thought hiring Maisie Williams was a good choice

>crop

Attached: 1396058798745.jpg (640x480, 104K)

No I mean losing their autonomy as a separate streaming service and be exclusive to VRV.
Which arguably isn’t a bad thing but whatever, I genuinely believe that’s the endgame here. Just centralizing all their content on VRV.

Screw attack was better. WTF is Game attack?

>t. angry grifter

the fuck's "losers above"?

it's just a pinup bro

At about the same time Ray left and on a podcast Burnie said he didn't believe in separating art from artist when it came to criticizing projects that people he knew worked on.

Gave up on everything non Funhaus when the Fallout 4 shit happened with Ryan, Gus, and Meg

Whenever RvB went from comedy to stupid melodrama

shit, i hope none of the staff of campcamp was cut.

I don’t care about anything besides camp camp. RvB actually remembered how to both be funny and have a plot last season so I’ll keep watching that, rwby is enjoyably stupid.

So that’s one show I like + two I’m iffy on.

What do the exSBFP or zaibatsu or whatever they called themselves have to do with RT? If they got hired by them, what are they actually doing?

The same thing they've been doing. The Podcast is still pretty popular and that is presumably what RT is paying for. Also con appearances and similar things. I'd also assume they have something in the works like new LP's or crossovers.

>Be me
>Makes birthday wish that Rooster Teeth goes away

All according to my wish~

Attached: Jameson.gif (500x368, 292K)

So is Ray back or was he just visiting?

It wont be over till Goku wins sadly. Personally I just want a fun match which ends with both being
>"Oh wow, you're pretty strong"
>"Hey you too"
>Goku and Superman shake hands and thats that.

take inspiration from that stickfight with FLLFFL and that ninja guy where they're sworn rivals but put that aside for the moment to stop a bank heist then walk off into the sunset saying "maybe we'll finish this another time".

>All this wishful thinking from both sides
They're just going to hire more niche youtubers to fill the void of interns that did little to nothing. They'll be back THEY ALWAYS DO

Akira thinks Superman is stronger.

well AT&T announced their new streaming service and said RT content will be on there as well as stuff from their other companies

You can't build a business by hiring regressively lower-skilled workers (who work for free). The quality of your product gets worse and you bleed more customers. Kind of like Yea Forums's janny hiring practices.

A partnership like that with such a large company is such a massive chunk of change. Even if the streaming service eats shit you still make so much money.

I thought Rooster Teeth was like seven people tops.

That's how they keep on getting excused for producing tripe.

>ScrewAttack's "Nervous" Nick Cramer
I'm loved SA before they got absorbed by RT and became soulless, but this sucks. Nick was always cool.

>camp Camp
No need to worry.
Rumors coming out supposedly from the people who got fired indicate something like 75% of the lay offs were in the live action department.
And even if that wasn’t the case, Camp Camp is the 2nd most popular RT series behind RWBY. At worst maybe one person got let go on that team.

just uploaded the first episode in my let's play series for vicious circle!
youtu.be/YNXl_OXzvFY

Attached: vicious-circle.jpg (1000x600, 324K)

lol

Do they need "media legitimacy" though?

>low return
?????

>They've been wanting to axe it for ages because it's just a cash cow to them.
Corporations do not axe cash cows you fucking sperg.

Attached: images.jpg (179x170, 5K)

Just visiting. Still got my peepee hard though

Yeah, He does slow-mo for Sherlock, and they just announced the fourth so i guess money is going good.

Top notch, user

Attached: 1560564527934.jpg (540x607, 92K)

You would think the RT community is big enough for a game to survive at least a month

it's amazing really

He doesn't do work on the TV series you dingus, he worked on one of the movies years ago before joining RT. His actual job outside of RT is running the Slow Mo Guys

>No players even tho you get it for free if you have rooster teeth + or whatever the fuck it's called

Death Battle is probalby currently the most safe outisde of RWBY. Though Ben definetly has said that he wants to end it eventually with Wiz vs Boomstick. Also the Sasuke vs Hiei prediction blog is going well