Marvel Studios Reportedly Eyeing "Spider-Man" Director Jon Watts For NOVA Movie

Nova would also allegedly replace Spider-Man as the MCU's resident teenage superhero.

boundingintocomics.com/2019/09/09/rumor-marvel-to-develop-richard-rider-nova-film-with-spider-man-director-jon-watts/

Attached: Nova.png (1093x563, 831K)

I would definitely see a Nova movie.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo-2.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

God no, Watts is a shit director. Also until Variety or EW confirms it this is most likely a shitty speculatiom rumor with no source.

>mfw it’s gonna be the Harley Keener actor so they can keep the ‘iron man yaaaas’ aspects and replace Holland Spidey entirely

Attached: 6FB410AE-841B-4735-B55B-C80B54827D1A.gif (500x363, 277K)

Nova was one of the attempts to recapture Spidey magic so it makes sense

>boundingintocomics

also Nova as Earthbound teen hero was some of the worst parts of the character. He's better off full cosmic

can't wait to see Sam Alexander on the big screen!!

Oh no, Nova will be the new Iron Boy, don't be surprised if the helmet and all the Worldmind thing is Stark-Tech.

why don't Marvel just team up with MGM and use Teen Wolf instead of Spider-Man

it's the same character after all, thanks Jeph

>Carol is the Tony to Rich's Peter

Attached: 1457971188465.jpg (908x908, 206K)

Yeah too bad Wolfman was directionless with where he wanted to tale the chatacter, most villains were shit, and the comic didn't know if it wanted to go cosmic or not.

If they go teen they should at least statt from the end of that run when he does go cosmic.

Keep dreaming Jeph.

I can’t wait for this meme to die in a few years

She has Monica and Kamala, if anything they'll make Star-Lord the mentor.

>Nova would also allegedly replace Spider-Man as the MCU's resident teenage superhero.
Based and redpilled, we getting all types of cosmic now

He could go full cosmic as a teen. Worked for Sam.

>Rich was introduced in the comics as a new take on Spider-Man but on space
>this happens

Poetry. I don't think it is going to be him though.

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.

>MCU's resident teenage superhero.
Why god, WHY?!

I don't think there's any truth to that. As much as I love Nova, there's plenty of more popular characters they can use to fill the void Iron-Lad left, especially after the Fox acquisition.

Sam never went full cosmic

Yeah, no I don't want teenage drama bullshit in my Nova.
Fuck that shit.

>boundingintocomics.com

Attached: trash.png (196x273, 15K)

I don't trust him after Homecoming and Far from Home and I don't trust him when he said he doesn't read the comics. They're going to do something stupid and make him Star Lord's sidekick or something.

>Nova
>Teenage hero
>Shitty homecoming and ffh director
Sounds trash

it's literally the same plot

Let’s fucking get it boys

Attached: 2B139987-0A12-478C-B31D-41197742AD4D.jpg (1080x1350, 336K)

This article is bullshit for more reasons than just being Bounding Into Comics: it comes from some unsourced rumor on Facebook by "Mike Sutton", a guy who has no proven rep.

I'd prefer it if they kept cameos out of the movie until a possible sequel, but I can understand if the execs think he needs a big character in the MCU to make the first movie a success.
The thought of him being Carol or Peter's sidekick sounds awful, but Rich has very little appeal right now outside of his dedicated fans.

>Disney's retarded greed kicked Spidey out.
>Sony CEO basically says fuck it to MCU and Kevin
>One of the worst heros is the runner up for Spider-Man
Yeah no thanks I'm glad I got off the MCU after Endgame.

Attached: lockwood.jpg (600x400, 35K)

>>One of the worst heros is the runner up for Spider-Man
Who?

Talks about Nova, Carol, and Riri Williams so, yeah I'm not fucking with the MCU til Guardians 3.

Attached: teddy.jpg (690x460, 50K)

But Nova is actually pretty cool. You should check out some of the comics he's in before lumping him in with Carol and Riri.

>Nove is actually pretty cool
Ehhhhhhhh

Attached: 1567729965130.png (185x185, 53K)

Out of curiosity, which one do you think I'm talking about?

I don't like the premise user. I've read a couple from a bunch of Nova's and it's rough to get into and I feel like theres to much meterial to unpack.

>>Disney's retarded greed kicked Spidey out.
You didn't read later updates on the case, isnt it?
It was shown Sony fucked up big bad because they waited to see Far from Home numbers.

I know, I was just pinning down the main highlight of stupidity.

Just read DnA or Black Order.

Not bad, thought the flashlight nipples spoil it a bit.

By the time Nova comes on the MCU Feige already retired and Disney put Jeph Loeb as his replacement

pass

>the Tony to Rich's Peter
is that supposed to mean something?

Both Rich and Sam were semi cosmic in their teens, Rich only went full cosmic after Annihilation and even then he still did pit stops on Earth.

I'm fine with Rich being a 18 year old but he shouldn't exclusively be a teen hero, he has to be allowed to grow up. Just focus on making him full time cosmic and it's fine.

Feige read Annihilation, I refuse to believe he is THAT stupid.
Loeb would definitely tank Marvel Studios hard not to mention he would bring back Ike.

>Steven Universe reaction image
gross

choosing Jon Watts basically confirms it

Well he was that in the comics too so I'm okay with this.

He never found any success doing that, though. He was way better off in his 20's, doing something way different.

Carol is the best though, and Riri is pretty good as well.

There's no replacing Spider-Man

There is when you're legally not allowed to use him

Yeah if you want to vomit and KYS, they are good.

Keep dreaming Jeph.

Fuck that, I want Rich to be a grown ass man punching alien's heads off and flying into drawf stars and shit.

I think Nova could work but only if we see the development from when he was with the New Warriors all the way to the point where he becomes jaded and experiences war.

Attached: 1563379101407.jpg (1041x1600, 627K)

But guys, this movie could be Green Lantern done right!

It's going to be Sam. I don't even think Marvel can get the general audience to take a man named Dick Rider seriously

>Gamora /ss/ing Rich

Attached: 1526904684581.jpg (1280x643, 266K)

>Nova
>One of the worst heroes
Holly shit unironically KYS or read a fucking comic!

>I don't even think Marvel can get the general audience to take a man named Dick Rider seriously
"Who's Peter Quill tho?"

Same here.

Attached: shot1395.png (1920x804, 1.18M)

>In the marvelous tradition of spider-man

Attached: Nova_Vol_1_1_B.jpg (711x1074, 414K)

Why not save him for Ironheart, since he's got experience writing Tony's proteges

I want to see Teen Dick Ryder, Teen Cyclops, and Teen Ka-Zar all get introduced to MCU and all be absolute hardasses that fill the straight man role in comedic scenes.