DC's Hell Arisen event

>YEAR OF THE VILLAIN: HELL ARISEN #1
Release date: December 18th, 2019
Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art and Cover by STEVE EPTING
DC’s “Year of the Villain” begins its sinister conclusion! Lex Luthor has brought Perpetua back from her cosmic grave and restored her power! Now, the Multiverse lives in fear that she might wipe out all existence. The only thing that could stop her are the forces of the Dark Multiverse— which means it’s Luthor’s mission to defeat the Batman Who Laughs! But if Batman and Superman couldn’t stop him, what chance does Luthor stand? Spinning out of the end of the “Justice/ Doom War” in Justice League #38 and the conclusion of the epic “Infected” arc from Batman/Superman #5, DC’s two top villains face off in a battle royal—and the fate of all reality hangs in the balance!
Interview:newsarama.com/46897-apex-lex-and-batman-who-laughs-to-clash-in-year-of-the-villain-hell-arisen.html

Attached: 20190912_133818.jpg (1012x1400, 776K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/dc-comics-hell-arisen-year-villain/
denofgeek.com/us/books/283289/the-dc-universe-is-going-to-hell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Perfect Lex vs Batwank who lmaos
Oh no

I’m getting sick of this Year of the Villain garbage already

unpopular opinion: i love the Dark Multiverse and i think they should use way more dark versions of heroes, even if just as throw away villains.

I really REALLY hate the bullshit Didio and Synder have created. This isn’t fun, this is OC creation action figure smashing

Dark Multiverse is just an edgier version of Earth 3. People actually wanted an Earth 3 book though

I want some more Red Death.

Oh no!!! Perfect Lex vs Batman Who Laughs?!!!!! How will the DC ever be the same???!!!!!

But seriously, It is hard for me to care when they are multiple events. You got this Batman Who Laughs stuff, the Lex stuff, Leviathan doing stuff, and Bane taking over Gotham.
It feels like we have four Earth-shattering “Nothing Will Ever Be the Same!” worth of events going on at the same time.

No, Earth-3 is just the evil version, while the Datk Multiverse is more like an what if, that sometimes even merges heroes.
I think the possibilities are endless.

Everyone on Yea Forums but me hates this shit. I am all in

>What if
Which still boils down to “evil version of ____”.

alright. Last Knight #3, and Doomsday Clock 12 then I can drop all comics for the foreseeable future

Another dumb edge fest.

No, not even close.
Earth-3
>Aquaman wearing a black costume
Dark Multiverse
>Aquaman looking like a fish mutant

>Ripping off Judge Death, the X-men hounds and Ghosts of Mars
Originality is dead.

Dumbass who gives a fuck what they look like? It’s the same goddamn premise; evil doppelgängers invade Earth Prime. It’s easily impressed fags like you that give us this trash in the first place

Fucking this
You have infinite possibilities for designs and you choose the most basic shit
Hell, i made better Dark versions last year myself

Sounds like fun. Anons on here are just trying really hard to hate all of this.

The only thing are?

You seriously can’t understand why anons on here would be tired of this stuff?

What purpose does infected Gordon serve?

>Lex Luthor has brought Perpetua back from her cosmic grave and restored her power!
Sweet. I guess I can skip JL until November.
>But if Batman and Superman couldn’t stop him
Except Batman beat him in the Batman Who Laughs mini.

Attached: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (1022x731, 643K)

>More edgy shit
Great.

I liked the idea of the Dark Multiverse being the garbage bin of creation. Too bad it has been transformed into little more than another evil mirror full of edge.

I understand. I just think it's stupid to get mad over the plot for Justice League, an event, a miniseries, and another storyline all converging into this. I don't give a damn about Event Leviathan, don't care about Aarons' Avengers, etc. There's hundreds of comics coming out and there's stuff that I absolutely have no interest in. But I'm not going to stay up all night digging my nails into my skin screeching about it. I do get irritated when characters I like get fucked over so we'll see if that happens.

>Except Batman beat him in the Batman Who Laughs mini.
Or did he???

Earth 3 is a single world with established characters, the dark multiverse is many worlds. Moreover everyone is has their morality shifted in earth 3, while in the dark multiverse that's usually not the case. Plus it allows them to do what ifs on a multiversal scale like infinite crisis, which is something they wouldnt be able to do in a normal elseworlds setting

It's not. It's a factory for creating universes. Unfortunately most universes come out wrong.

.......It was Barbathos' job to destroy universes that were deemed wrong. Now that the Forger is back, maybe he could create a machine for that purpose instead. No more failed universes.

>Year of the Villain slog thru it's 16th month.
End this.

Sounds good. Lex saving the world in Forever Evil was amazing.

Attached: 1567785247984.webm (844x844, 485K)

This

>Ctrl+F "Quan Chi"
>Phrase not found
Seriously?

>get mad over the plot for Justice League, an event, a miniseries, and another storyline all converging into this.
That's the fucking problem. Stupid decisions are expanding and getting their fingers all over other books.
>LOL Just ignore
Which it becomes pretty fucking hard to if you like DC because of this bullshit. Hell the only thing on my pull list these day is fucking Wonder Twins. Fuck you for enabling this shit

It started in May. Not even have a year

user if all your "what ifs" for Dark Multiverse amount to "This hero but edgier/evil" then the entire concept is creatively bankrupt and deserves to be trashed. I like what ifs and the multiverse but this is just pigeonholing the entire idea for fuck sake.

What Darth Bane is doing in that pic?

Fake news
Year of the Villain started in January 2002 when DC hired Dan Didio

>getting mad over comics
Calm down user. If status quo is good for one thing, the majority of stuff that happens ends up forgotten over time. I remember people getting mad over Trinity of Sin and that just led to Forever Evil and even that aftermath was largely forgotten.

See the problem is that as a consumer I don't want to sit on my ass for months if not longer waiting around if DC decides to get their shit together. I KNOW there are other things to read, and I gladly do so to. However I want to have the option to pick up a DC book without this pushed bullshit and other dumb decisons Dan, Brian, Scott, and Tom have fabricated as of late

But it's just more issues for story arcs in comics you probably aren't already buying or reading. And who's to say that it's going to be all bad? Even some of the worst events has the occasional tie-in that's better than anything else. I didn't like Slott's SSM but Superior Team-Up was great. I just read that instead of Slott's stuff.

I buy and support what I like thank you. Furthermore, pretty fucking pointless to buy tie-ins to an event you have no interest in. I just hope you're not one of those people who religiously buys a comic based off character

Kill yourself this shit is ruining DC.

>the main villain of the next event is the Grim Reaper from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

why

>fucking pointless to buy tie-ins to an event you have no interest in

lots of people enjoy tie ins to shit they aren't reading or care about. Like even as far back as Moore's Swamp Thing tie in to Crisis.

Attached: Swamp_Thing_Vol_2_46.jpg (400x610, 84K)

Tie-ins are some of the best parts of an event. It's like seeing what another writer would've done if they were working on it. They also might give backstory to smaller arcs for those interested. I didn't care that much for Blackest Night but the GLC issues were the best part.

Every time
Every fucking time Hypercrisisfags try to tell me DC runs on hope

I will show them this title.

>implying that snyder isn't trying to ruin hypercrisis for his almighty master the empty hand

Any positivity coming out of DC happens in spite of their vile editors and shitty, most popular writers.

DC hasn’t run on Hope in a long time. Especially not since Didio banned Fun and Hope

Is this the face of evil?

Attached: Scott.jpg (600x600, 58K)

....Didio is?

If Bendis and Grant Morrison are Lex Luthor's negative/positive sides formed in reality, who's Snyder?

What type of fucking drugs was DD taking to make Snyder the grand architect of the DC I wonder? Also, just what the hell are they even leading to now? I mean they obviously scraped whatever grand plan Rebirth and Doomsday Clock was leading to with the recent issue of JL and HiC. But to what end? Christ this whole thing is infuriating.

>Luthor vs BatJoker

To be honest, it doesn't sound so bad. It's crazy enough to draw my attention. I just hope that it isn't as dissapointing as Darkseid War. I waited so long for that event and it was a piece of shit, except for a few tie-ins.

Him am not Bizarro.

I'm gonna make a prediction both lex and batjoker lose and darkseid does a last minute swerve and he is the actual villain of the big event scott snyder is planning

What’s better, the Batman who lmaos or the Batman who keks?

I for one have been enjoying this Year of the Villain shit (ignoring Bendis' Leviathan of course)
I was already kinda expecting The Batman who lmaos to butt heads with Marciano Perfecto Lex

Attached: 1459715561238.gif (180x166, 457K)

I'm really not sure Snyder is the grand architect of anything. Didio has pushed these villain events fairly regularly since the New52. Snyder's villains are getting prominence here since they're the best selling ones currently.

The JSA stuff is technically taking place in a modified timeline and they got there through hyper time. There's a lot of stuff there that makes it as unobtrusive as possible.

The big retcon Doomsday Clock had to make so far was actually due to Bendis (the Legion getting erased since he's introducing his own).

Bendis' comics also show there's no grand plan going on at all, like him giving the United Planets a new origin when it just had one a couple of months ago.

leviathan is the only good thing bendis is writing right now though

I think it's the worst one lmao, but we can disagree

Wouldn’t surprise me.

Well, he did just get his powers back and turned Cyborg, Starfire and Azrael into his bitches.

Attached: defiantly annoying.png (462x446, 428K)

why are those designs so ugly

>Batman who lmaos holding Jaime and Donna with chains
Why those two specifically?

Attached: rareew.png (540x305, 247K)

cause they're evil, duh

Wait that's Donna Troy? Actually it'd be pretty neat if all her convoluted origins were a result of her actually coming from The Dark Multiverse

Watch this all turn into more Batman centric shit. Nevermind the other niggas.

nigga how the fuck is gordon even with the rest
he has fucking nothing to compare to blue beetle, supergirl, or shazam

So, are we all rooting for PerfectLex /co ?

>it'd be pretty neat if all her convoluted origins were a result of her actually coming from The Dark Multiverse

That is an interesting idea. One of her other selves was called 'Dark Angel'.

He can rape things at an unfathomable level now. He knew how to control his talent when he wasn't infected.

>KISS Supergirl
I'm hard.

>Batman/Superman book teases Bat Who Lmaos turning heroes into their Dark Multiverse counterparts
>Turns out, he just Jokerizes them

Attached: 1471916420423.jpg (604x604, 53K)

>Yea Forums continues to write industry fanfiction.
Go back to Scans_Daily.

They're not necessarily jokerized if you look at the image of the OP, but they still fall close to that yeah.

>the fate of all reality hangs in the balance!
This needs to stop.

>drive man to suicide
>get rewarded with your own comic book

Nice job, DC.

Attached: 1554073594042.jpg (460x460, 154K)

I am so tired of this constant event garbage and all of these edgelord OCs.
Things looked so hopeful again with Rebirth. What in the fuck happened?
That tie-in was pretty unobtrusive all things considered and did its own thing.

>comfyfags still think this about edgy content
Ignoring how you have robbed the word edgy of any meaning, the problem here has nothing to do with being "edgy".

>Art and Cover by STEVE EPTING
NIIICE!

I swear poor Donna can never catch a break

Sounds interesting but

>has brought Perpetua back from her cosmic grave and restored her power! Now, the Multiverse lives in fear that she might wipe out all existence.

Perpetua is supposedly far stronger than the 3 monitors combined. I fear we will see tremendous amounts of batwank and jokerwank to even the ground in this conflict

This ONE page is the only good thing to come out of that stupid metal event. The idea of eviler/edgier elseworlds is a great idea just DC now just can't do them right.

Attached: Dark Nights- Metal - Dark Knights Rising-148.jpg (3975x3056, 3.01M)

Right because the HEAD EDITOR and GUY WHO MADE BWL clearly don't have anything to do with this. Dumbass

>the problem here has nothing to do with being "edgy".
Edge is the only thing being sold here

When it was announced that the characters would turn into Dark Multiverse versions of themselves I was kinda expecting them to be more messed up fusions like the Dark Knights. Like a Billy that was raised by Sivana and straight up stole the wizard's magic, a Hawkman that used the Shadow Thief's technology, a Supergirl that joined Luthor for whatever reason, stuff like that.

like They made a great idea then fucking tossed it out the window. Like I wanna know about Mongul superman or the guardians making the yellow lantern corp and sinestro founded the green lantern corp.

black canary with a baseball bat always gets me

Someone screencap this pic for the inevitable ending of the event where the good guys win and hope perseveres, which is effectively the entire point of Metal and the logical conclusion to Snyder's JL run.

For-issue monthly miniseries

Why the fuck is Palpatine in this story?

We know, Snyder, we know.

>For
Four*

More interviews:
screenrant.com/dc-comics-hell-arisen-year-villain/
denofgeek.com/us/books/283289/the-dc-universe-is-going-to-hell

Like how does it not end with Lex thinking he's won by seeing the Legion in the future and then the reveal is it's actually the Legion of Superheroes

>Snyder gets to become the DC architect
>this is what we get

Wonder why Gordon's got that mask on. Do Batman and Superman not know he's infected?

Also maybe noteworthy that Donna and Jaime are the ones chained

I want to have wild sex with that goth Supergirl