Why are cartoon characters so weak compared to anime characters?

Why are cartoon characters so weak compared to anime characters?

Attached: ADCC3340-2FE0-4111-9ADF-2CA3CFE339AD.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TSWR3JDaTrw
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=109968034
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because power levels are fucking bullshit

Anime focuses more on visual appeal than anything else, OP character help that.

Ah shit, here we go again

Attached: roachLGBT.gif (540x540, 343K)

Stop caring about power levels
Stop trying to get this board to hate anime/MHA
Seek help

>Why are cartoon characters so weak compared to anime characters?
wat

Attached: legion-2.png (640x516, 714K)

Why are Anime characters so weak compared to MTG characters

Attached: 300px-Yawgmoth_VileOfferring.jpg (300x225, 16K)

Doesn’t that have a cartoon coming up?

It's not the strength of the punch that matters, it's the reason behind the punch. You can have a character who can destroy a planet with a single punch and they could be the most boring cardboard cutout justice hero ever, OR you can have a character who can just barely punch harder than an average man whose fighting because he wants to save just a single person.
Green Naruto always goes on about being the numbah wan hiro and justice and shit, but he's a boring character all around who lets explosion Naruto push him around like a bitch.
Compare that to Mumen Rider, who not only rightfully knows he's outclassed, but fights anyways because he knows the people need someone to look up to. He's just a normal human but his characterization is superhuman.
tl;dr, powerlevels are bullshit, big punches are for small brains

Does it?

Looks like the Russo brothers are doing it.

thread

Why does it matter?

Quite literally 0 (zero) anime characters can beat Droopy Dog

And come on, Deku? That guy’s a wimp.

Shaggy would like to have a word with you

>compared to anime characters?

anime characters have encompassing powers to makeup for the lack of writing/storytelling

Deku can't even throw a solid punch without his fucking arm exploding.

Attached: pol.jpg (205x246, 13K)

*cries in your path*

Attached: HappilyEverAfter_By_TheOffColors.png (4110x4249, 257K)

Bringing up Yawgmoth/ Phyrexia in a power level thread is cheating, user.

well, now he can, but he still can't throw a punch without crying or getting yelled at by bakugan

huh, neat

>Yea Forums bait thread
>still blames the /pol/ boogyman
Literally obsessed

I love that bouncy roach.

whats western cartoons focus on?

Because when an anime character throws a strong punch it lights on fire their entire body wobbles and jiggles like jelly a couple dozen reaction shots from the supporting cast while the guy throwing the punch is screaming his lungs out
it's all visual flair

Deku would be a good protagonist if he got no cheats and just had to make it as a hero through hard work. Bakugo would make a good protagonist with Deku as the current comic treats him as a supporting character.

MHA's problem is the protag is perfect. He has the best powers and the best personality and abundant skill and intelligence.

That's Polnareff.

Is there any character in MHA that really could beat even half the mainline Avengers or Justice League. Most deal with street crime at best and All For One and All Nights Powers really aren't that impressive.

There’s that decaying kid right?
Oh yeah, he has gotten stronger

Either humor, drama, or both, with varying degrees of quality.

I think he might be able to tank a United States of Smash with his bubble.

>the decaying kid
That asshole can't control his own powers, everything he touches, no matter what, gets decayed
You could easily say Bakugo, Todoroki or even Eraserhead to win the conversation

You’re saying he can’t even jerk it? Poor guy.

Saved

It only works if all five digits touch it. You can permanently stop him by cutting off his pinkie fingers.

What a nerd

Anime is prone to having power creep run rampant. I think that anime is better than *modern* cartoons, but nonetheless, I would still say that it's a major flaw with the genre.

Anime likes to have more spectacle and are more likely to outright state how powerful a character's feat is so there is more you can put on a respect thread. That said there many cartoon characters that could beat Deku. Steven Universe probably could.

The hell is going on with Steven?

The movie showed that he's clearly gotten way stronger over the timeskip. His shields are ridiculously durable. The gem introduced in the movie is one of the strongest we've ever seen and she can't do shit to them. He then proceeded to no sell a gigantic explosion.

Ben 10 is probably stronger than most anime protagonists desu.

How gigantic?

Name one anime character who could beat Popeye.

Attached: source.gif (500x374, 1018K)

>The gem introduced in the movie is one of the strongest we've ever seen
There is nothing to imply this, during her first fight with the CGs she never actually hit anyone besides Steven, she just dicked around with stretchy powers and sliced em with her OP scythe, then during the rematch she got dabbed on.

Anime characters seem to powered by autism, I guess.

THey should've had him be Batman. No powers, but uses gadgets that he builds or gets help building and uses them to take on anyone and anything. Really drive the point home that he can be a hero, despite his limitations.
Granted he's limited, due to how his powers hurt his body, but it'll be more interesting if he had to rely on brains vs. brawn.

Because cartoons try something different instead of the same “teenager with funny hair has powers and must fight other teenagers with funny hair and powers” for the 900th time.

Those are usually such a dime a dozen though. Character who doesn’t have powers is above everybody.

Attached: zeno.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

There's other ways to do it, like not having him actually be the best, or as said earlier, make him the best but a side character to cause conflict for the protagonist.

Or, if you wanna write Superman, write Superman and have the protagonist be a window from which to see other characters with problems.

because japan is all about being the best and not enjoying the ride

He’d spank Zeno

Doesn’t Deku have more powers though?

*whooshes into your thread, breaks fourth wall, complains to writers about how he negotiated his contract to not lose this fight*

Attached: Freakazoid.jpg (640x480, 20K)

western cartoons are made for fun
anime is made so some repressed salaryman can vent all his power fantasies

>All For One and All Nights Powers really aren't that impressive.
Both could level a city block in a single hit which puts them well out of street level territory.

You sound awful sure of that.

She tosses around Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl like they're nothing. They also make it a point that her cut is impressive which is the same thing they said about Jasper who is also one of the strongest non fusions.

And that’s impressive for MHA. Not so much for any of the Big Two

youtube.com/watch?v=TSWR3JDaTrw

Alright. Pretty gigantic.

because in the east it's still okay to be manly, compared to the west where masculinity is "toxic" and character would rather cry and sing to win, see

>She tosses around Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl like they're nothing
Because they never fought anyone like her before, she never cause any actual damage until she pulls out the reset scythe. Then in the rematch she can't even touch any of them.
>They also make it a point that her cut is impressive which is the same thing they said about Jasper who is also one of the strongest non fusions.
Irrelevant to what we actually see, she never seriously hurts a single person in the movie besides an almost totally depowered Steven, and that was just a bloody nose.

Bugs Bunny & Popeye (without spinach) will like to have a word with you.

How often have we seen any of them pull off the kind of attack Spinel shows? She's the one that smashed apart the injector during her fight with Steven. I think it's clearly implied that she's one of the stronger gems,

Is there any anime character that could beat a pissed off Donald Duck?

love this roach

Honestly, Phyrexia wasn't even that powerful. It was just a zombie apocalypse + actual intelligence driving it rather than a mindless phenomenon.

Yawgmoth himself was absolutely bullshit in how impossible it was to kill him for real, but Phyrexia as a faction really only had its contagious nature (and thus the ability to snowball out of control quickly) that made it special.

How is that an implication she's one of the stronger ones? We have no idea how tough that thing actually is and Gem tech gets trashed all the time. The reason the injector wasn't destroyed to begin with was because they point out it exploding would be bad.

>Deku would be a good protagonist if he got no cheats and just had to make it as a hero through hard work.

In MHA's world, thats literally impossible. No amount of hard work is ever going to make you better than someone who put in just as much hard work AND can create hurricanes on command.

Stop sucking batgod dick.

Gifs you can hear

Actually that was originally going to be the plot with Deku essentially being the Batman of the MHA world. In the end editors suggested he get powers.

Attached: El Hermano vs Jiren & SSW2 Gohanpadre Calvo.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

concept art implied that was what was gonna happen
shame it was dropped

Attached: 48fc7002-abf9-4f3c-a0d5-20fce8411894.jpg (902x806, 182K)

Sure, plenty of them.

Compress can turn people in marbles with a touch. Anyone who executes a punch or a grab on his even with their much superior abilities ends up as an inanimate object.

Meatball guy has clayface level durability but trades shapeshifting for the ability to mold the flesh of anyone who comes into contact with any of his attacks (melee or ranged) like their body was clay. Just roll Superman up into a limbless lump with his eyes and mouth on the inside.

13 can area-effect turn matter into dust and vacuum it away into a black hole.

Shinso and other mind control type quirks would be just as effective on them as anyone else.

MHA characters don't match western comics powercreep and inconsistent powerlevels in terms of raw strength, but their single target fight ender abilities are no joke.

Deku having Monoma's quirk stealing abilty sounds better than him having one for all

It doesn't matter if it was originally going to be the plot, the plot changed and the nature of the world with it. The version of the setting and the story you are talking about has no significance other than as a curious might-have-been.

The original plot also had gigantism be the power of the female love interest, but trying to argue that Mt Lady is the main heroine of the show would be just as dumb a stance to take.

Actual animation instead of just drawing lines and flashing backgrounds while a funimation VA screams

Explain Dwayne Johnson

Ugh, no. Power stealing and power negating abilities in the hands of a MC are awful to write around, because they make every story exactly the same.

"Oh no, a situation I have no chance of winning! Better conveniently have someone with the exact thing I need to get out of this mess within arms reach so I can copy their power and trivialize the problem with no creativity or effort needed!"

Or

"Oh wow, we've spent the last 150 pages building up how incredibly OP this guy is. He is literally 2.5 on the 'number of Abrahamic gods it would take to beat him' scale of bullshit ability. He destroyed and recreated the multiverse 11 times since I started this sentence. Good thing I can turn his power off and make him totally irrelevant and boring, because thats what I do every single fight no matter who it is."

Plot, characters, humor, music, dialogue, pretty much everything else.

When it comes to Western art in a visual aspect, the backgrounds are usually the most aesthetically pleasing to look at.

Attached: IMG_20190820_064503.jpg (3400x3000, 1.31M)

east vs west threads are cancer and against >>>/global/rules/3 and >>>Yea Forumsrules/1
OP is a faggot.
Do your part to help purge this board of subhumans like him by reporting this thread.
Here's a link so you don't have to scroll up to the top of the page.
sys.4channel.org/co/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=109968034

Yes. How dare animators use... lines? To draw? Like they are making some kind of drawing?

I'm not sure you understand what animation is.

Your mini-modding never helped the board or helped delete bait threads.

1 - Power levels/high numbers =/= good storytelling

2 - Lucifer Morningstar or Thought Robot Superman shit on every single anime character.

>it changed with changes
Duh? user is arguing that a story about a fuckup who only gets by at the skin of his teeth would be more fun.

You post this every thread, and it still doesn't matter. Mods have moved discussion like this TO Yea Forums from other boards.

The judges have ruled on the matter and they didn't come down on your side. Let it go.

>No amount of hard work is ever going to make you better than someone who put in just as much hard work AND can create hurricanes on command.
So?
Who needs to be number one? That's not what being a hero is about.

Not them but that’s the concept of Shonen. Naruto, Goku and the like train to be the strongest.

cartoons don't care about power levels? are you unserious or just a weeb

james roach has representation now

That's how shit writers do it, yeah. That's why Index blows. Still better than using Martian Manhunter powers for an underdog protagonist.

>that’s the concept of some Shonen and why Jump overruled the original plot.
Fixed.
There's plenty of shonen manga that aren't about being #1 or have the protag fail, but Jump wanted a replacement for Naruto/Bleach.

I'd argue that it would make for a worse story, because inevitably every story about a powerless character getting one over on powered characters is written like trash. It has to be by nature, because its fundamentally an unbalanced concept.

For the powerless character to have a chance, either the powers that everyone else has have to be so useless they don't need to be circumvented (I can breathe hydrogen peroxide like it was air, FEAR ME!), have built in and crippling flaws that exist for no other reason than to give the MC a fighting chance (Oh no, its a Tuesday! The one day of the weak I can't control fire, HOW DID YOU KNOW?), or the people with powers have to be stupid to a degree thats insulting so that the MC can beat them by exploiting the dumb human using the powers rather than dealing with the power itself (You tricked me into teleporting myself into the sun because I'm retarded).

In theory, such a story could be done halfway decently, but the track record of shit like this is not good and it requires an exceptional and creative writer to pull it off consistently as the defining nature of your main character without dipping into the different kinds of bullshit I described above.

Because the moment your powerless MC runs into someone with a power that hasn't been nerfed for their convenience, in the possession of someone with an IQ above 70, the MC is going to get pulped.

I like how Steven's design half tries to say hes a competent warrior who is his own person seeing as he has a sword and shield and a football type jacket and then the other half of his design says I'm a gay chubby retard with no actual body strength or defined features.

Right? The idea is just so overdone and usually so poorly that it’s actually less fair if the protagonist doesn’t have powers because the plot will always do that “you don’t need powers” shit

Not sure how it would go but can't Zeno just erase Popeye before he had a chance to engage?

I didn't even say anything about being number one. I'm just talking about being relevant at all.

The only time that being driven and motivated to do your best makes you better than a cast of powered people is if all of those powered people are inherently useless and lazy, to the point that they wouldn't be trying to become heroes themselves anyway.

The only version of this story that wouldnt be awful would be if you made Deku into Mumen Rider. He has no powers, and really can't do anything in a fight, but he puts himself in danger every time because he is a hero at his core. Where his biggest contribution isn't what he can do himself, but what his unyeilding spirit inspires other people to do to the point that he becomes the heart of the team anyway.

But even that, I feel, would overstay its welcome. Mumen Rider vs Sea King was fucking fantastic, but you can't just keep doing that.

That's because people never report these types of threads and also because the mods are hopelessly incompetent and irredeemably corrupt.
Yea Forums is the mod's precious pet board. So it's obvious that they would allow Yea Forums to burn to ashes and cinders if it meant making those sociopathic spoiled brats happy.

Not them but didn’t Popeye once punch his way out of the cartoon?

>2 - Lucifer Morningstar or Thought Robot Superman shit on every single anime character.
Nasuverse is cheating, but I'm still using 「Shiki Ryougi」 anyway. Plot device doesn't trump the plot itself.

Attached: Ryougi_magan.jpg (350x200, 16K)

He doesn’t have a sword. That’s Connie.

Do you seriously only read and watch trash?
The core of successful pulp through most of the 20th Century was impossible situations that the hero solved through creativity and intelligence. It wasn't about dumbing down the opponent, it was about the writer actually being clever and creating a good "puzzle." You're citing examples of what trash fanboys use to lazily resolve problems when we have endless examples of stories that don't need to make the hero superhuman to tackle the impossible.
That's like the entire appeal of Mellowlink and Golgo and pre-TDKR Batman and Corto Maltese, etc. The situation is impossible, but the hero found a way.

Instead of complaining about heroes who don't have super powers, try reading stories that aren't shit.

Gotta love toonforce.

Thought Robot changes the plot into a Superman story, and makes whoever this chick is into the Antagonist Superman must overcome to save the day.

>Sees it as a battles thing and not "what can this guy actually do in this setting?"
You people are so uncreative it isn't even funny.

Most superpowers are less effective than a gun.

You sir, must be truly naive to believe that. Take a look at Arya Stark killing the Night King for one in a long list of examples I could give you.

>Thought Robot changes the plot into a Superman story
plot-device
Noun
(plural plot devices)

An element introduced into a story, film, etc. to advance its plot.

That chick is literally the avatar of the plot itself and the seat of her power is outside all possible events, all timelines, and realities. She chooses what happens. Period.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that plots can't be shit.

Yeah, she used to. But now she’s nothing more than Lex Luthor, Metallo, Bizarro, just another villain for Superman to beat.

Superman Thought Robot is an abstraction that says "Superman will win."
At best you can call it a draw depending on who currently writes the story, but one is a hack's shitty waifu and the other is a metaphor for the nature of nearly a century of literature.

>but one is a hack's shitty waifu and the other is a metaphor for the nature of nearly a century of literature.
She's the embodiment of a philosophical and metaphysical concept dating back almost a century and a half. She's not even a metaphor. If you're going to make this a pissing match about who has the greater literary weight, she wins.

Yeah, you can't change the Akashic Record. That's kinda its thing. It's all possibility.

>people never report these types of threads
People do. They just can't announce it. If the mods and jannies are quick to take down something they don't like, it's obvious that they know these threads regularly exist. There's still no point to mini-mod if it's only going to lead to the thread still being up.

Superman can. That’s the point. He’s Superman.

Superman can't. That's the point. He's a comic.

He’s still Superman. And that’s why he can. The more whatsherface is hyped, the more it shows that Superman is gonna win.

Shiki is literally Nasu's Mary Sue Waifu.
STR is Grant Morrison making a point about the nature of Superman stories and why worrying about what he can or can't do is silly. Superman is meant to bring joy and hope to people, to set a standard, it's not about if he can win but why he wins and what it means to the people who read it.

>Yeah, you can't change the Akashic Record.
Nope.
But you can change Shiki. Just because Nasu says they're one and the same doesn't mean they are in all stories.

Why does he have a "Start video" pic on his shield? Can he press it to watch a movie on the shield?

All of the things you just named had the same weak writing crutches that describes.

>The more whatsherface is hyped, the more it shows that Superman is gonna win.
Assuming it's a Superman story. Shiki's the will of all stories. In fact, there's nothing stopping her from making herself the Superman of the story, at which point any advantage of Thought Armor Superman is fucking gone and it instead becomes destined to lose by its own rules.

>But you can change Shiki. Just because Nasu says they're one and the same doesn't mean they are in all stories.
Attacking, altering, or removing the vessel for the Akashic does nothing to diminish its power over fate itself, if it even lets you do that in the first place. You could erase Shiki from existence and she could pretty much undo it at will.

>STR is Grant Morrison making a point about the nature of Superman stories and why worrying about what he can or can't do is silly. Superman is meant to bring joy and hope to people, to set a standard, it's not about if he can win but why he wins and what it means to the people who read it.
No. STR is about superman being a bigger idea than editorial boundries, stop being retarded and stop projecting your insecurities in a space daddy, read supergods if you want to understand what Morrison thinks of superman.
>Superman is meant to bring joy and hope to people, to set a standard
You are crazy. Also anime is shit.
He-man is arguably the strongest western action cartoon character and he, just like anime characters was free to be developed with the world around them. Most anime is based on Manga, and shoneen mangas were all about "feats" and trying to outdo each other. That's it. He-man was a action show designed from zero, while most other western shows had to work with frameworks and baselines, think of xmen or justice league, the power levels are mostly static and had to be tied to their weakest member so is natural that power scaling isn't a thing. But as the years pass it's less relevant, anime is now mainstream western shit.

Nope. Because she’s not Superman, and even if she became Superman, she’d just be another character inspired by him. She can’t be Thought Robot Superman in this story because she can’t be Superman outside the story.

Because the real power is in comic books.

It's about penis size.

African superheroes have very humble powers.

She embodied the concept of Superman before Superman was conceived of. The Akashic Record is Superman. In fact, it's every Superman. In fact, it's every character, person, event, and idea.

Get fucked.

can already tell that even if this thread reaches bump limit, this is the best post

She’s not Superman, she’s not the Alashic Record either, the Akashi. Record predates Superman, she’s just a character that’s been around for a couple of years. She’s not the guy who could leap tall buildings, she’s not the guy who carries a chain of planets, she’s not the guy who got killed by Doomsday she’s not the guy who punched out the World Forger, she’s done nothing to earn the title of Akashi Record, she’s just got the title.

So where does this bitch exist?

>So where does this bitch exist?
Outside and above all realities. Her avatar exists wherever and whenever she wants it to. She's literally the will of possibility.
>she’s just got the title.
Nah. Titles aren't really her thing. She's the thing from which all titles flow. If you have a title, like say, Superman, you are subservient to her. You are a component of her. She is 「 」.

She can’t beat the Thought Robot, because she can’t beat Superman in our world.

nips get up their own ass over the power level of characters, just like comics. this is why ATLA is best shonen.

Attached: Susanoo_K11.png (1913x1080, 3.06M)

Thought Robot fights with stories iirc. Whoever has the better story wins and I guarantee you Superman has a better story than this bitch.

Fpbp

>Whoever has the better story wins
It was about IDEAS, not stories. Don't be retarded, Superman isn't a better idea under Morrison or a worse one under Bendis or Johns.

If we are going to get into a dumb argument about Thought Robot Superman and anime characters, can we at least do it with someone else on his level?

Attached: Altair_(Re.Creators).jpg (1194x1080, 232K)

>Attacking, altering, or removing the vessel for the Akashic does nothing to diminish its power over fate itself
Tha's correct.
And Shiki isn't that.

>STR is about superman being a bigger idea than editorial boundries
How is that anything but a more cynical way of saying the same thing? What Superman can do diesn't matter, it's the idea of Superman that matters.

Cool. The idea of Superman still trumps this bitch, right?

>would rather cry and sing to win

Someone didnt watch marcoss

>Superman is meant to bring joy and hope to people, to set a standard
>You are crazy.
Even Grant would disagree with you, dude. The man himself has made plenty of stories about exactly this, he just also acknowledges Clark is a person, not an ideal.

Anime characters are fucking Mary Sues for a culture that demands excellence. That's why every anime protagonist is impossibly good at whatever the show is about.

>we have this show about kids who play Ping Pong after school
>they are literal table tennis gods and better than every Chinese Olympic athlete to ever play
>they are better than you could ever possibly hope to be after 100 years of practice in a perfect immortal body
>high school students

And that's every anime. Just replace "ping pong" with whatever the show is about.

Attached: 1568286327675.gif (500x319, 793K)

Macross has always been a fun, special brand of cultural victory. The military conflict does matter. If the UN Spacey didn't put up the fight of their lives the story would have been over in the first couple episodes and humanity would have been rolled. But it was always impossible for humanity to beat the Zentradi in a straight up fight. We just had to prolong the conflict long enough for it to be a culture war instead, and THAT we won.

7 did the same thing, only instead of it being a cultural victory Basara removes the resource shortage that prompted the conflict in the first place.

Frontier was really a giant misunderstanding as far as the Vajra were concerned, with the Galaxy conspiracy perpetuating that crises for their own gain. By the time Grace and her cohorts were taken care of, the Vajra and humanity had already come to terms to the point that we were allowed to land a colony ship on their planet.

Its only in rare cases, like Plus, where violence is actually in any way the answer that ultimately solves the problem, and in Plus it was a lone actor that needed to be removed rather than an enemy faction.

Are we supposed to know who that is?

Popeye is god killer tier. He punched out his own animator and lived.

If we don’t, they’ve already lost

Stop making everything about homestuck you retarded namefag

Wait, is there a Ping Pong anime?

right, but the fact that even a drop of oil can corrupt an entire world is what makes them bullshit

Final crisis is a cynical story that has the greedy jewish industry drinking the life out of stories and creativity. Heroes dies, legends live forever, it's simple, ideas are permanent and bigger than portrayals or characters, Morrison understands the power of archetypes
If superman is the good guy against a bad guy he wins, power levels are irrelevant, the ironic thing is that neither superman nor this character could beat ARALE or Popeye, i think people is taking this thread a little too seriously, the question OP made is interesting (since it does shine light on how "powers" are used in different mediums), but between weebs and people obsessed with superman being the bestest the thread will end up with the same shit ever. STR is how we, superman readers perceive the Idea of the Strong guy that can beat the evil guy, the archetype holds goku, momotaro, samson, hercules etc inside, it would exist even if superman was never invented in our universe. It's not intended to be used in power level autism.

Yeah, it's called Ping Pong: The Animation
It's one of my favorites but the artwork is... stylish

it was inspired by him being a dipshit on an official twitter today. or you could say... .. . a fag. why would i think about him otherwise

>the question OP made is interesting (since it does shine light on how "powers" are used in different mediums)
Brainlet here, care to expand?

I guess I just expressed my point poorly. I didn't mean to say "Superman can never die in a story ever ever" or "Superman can only be the good guy who wins the day." More that Superman overcoming and the positives of his character are an inevitability and that stories shouldn't worry about the petty little things so much as what they want to say when using Superman. Sorry, user.

Antagonist-turned-protagonist of a show called Re:creators, which deals entirely with fictional characters getting pulled into the 'real' world.

Altair is particularly nasty in meta-character fights because RAW she overrides any contribution from the author or editorial team in any story in which she appears. It doesn't matter whose name is in the title on the front page, the moment Altair shows up she is the protagonist, with all of the plot protection that entails. The moment she gets into a fight with Thought Robot Superman, the story ceases to be a superman story, and no longer follows the rules of a story about Superman. She's the main character now.

When a team of writers got together to create an omnipotent plot device that existed for no reason but to kill her, it erased her from existence for about ten seconds and then she just took over the plot device from within and added its powers to her own while claiming this was her plan all along. She even admitted afterwards that it wasn't her plan at all and she was totally aware of their gambit, but it was impossible for her to actually lose so the story changed to make her 'defeat' not a defeat at all. It was inevitable, even though she was dead at the time.

The closest thing they get to 'beating' her in the show is to give her something that she wants more than fulfilling her goal of ending real world so she fucks off and leaves us alone. She can't lose, so the next best thing is to let her win in a way that doesn't also kill us.

Manga and anime are building towards something so slowly ratcheting up the hero's powers makes sense. Western comics are ongoing so overpowering the heroes will steadily make it harder to tell stories with them.

Wally West went from slower than the speed of sound to being able to run faster than the speed of light. And while it is somewhat believable that the 700mph version of Wally could get his butt handed to him during a chaotic battle but the notion that a thug gets the drop on him when Wally is capable of moving 700 MILLION miles per hour. (670 million is the speed of light) is so out-there that it makes it impossible for him to ever have trouble with, for example., bank robbers.

(Flashes theoretically have this thing where they ramp up speed so he can't start-stop at that speed instantly but that is frequently ignored. The "Flash is Broken" complaints are perfectly valid ones.)

I wish Yea Forums didn’t get free reign to shitpost everywhere

Attached: 29EF93CB-A3B0-4778-A7C6-7F8205130086.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

FPBP! Weebs need to get it through their heads

>other is a metaphor for the nature of nearly a century of literature
who is being shitted on for decades

It's an anime image board and has been from the start. The non japanese discussion boards are just for more focused discussion by weebs to filter them out from the stuff the weebs are already talking about so they don't knock threads off of Yea Forums.

Sorry you had to find out this way. Yea Forums is Yea Forums's house, we just have a room in it.

>make boards specifically not for anime
>they still fucking post anime threads when they are supposed to be deleted on site

Attached: 39CB2256-9A6B-4C63-BEC5-7FAA265E8480.jpg (400x261, 22K)

You've clearly missed out on that the site has been practically unmoderated since the 4channel split
Even if you report shitposts or off topic threads, only ~1/3 get deleted and they take about one or two hours to delete them, unless it's porn

Because you are a big weeaboo virign faggot with no taste

Attached: PPG.gif (490x375, 681K)

You might as well say "Spider-Man's powers aren't really that impressive" if you're setting the bar that high for power-wank.

Spider-Man isn’t the Superman or Thor of his setting, those guys can bench prench planets, city block just isn’t enough if that’s the strongest MHA has.

So grown

Yeah no stop, shes literally never done a damn thing like what you're wanking her, and at best, the most we can do is speculate.
Meanwhile Thought Robot did Meta thing after Meta thing after Meta thing.

Spidey has ESP and precognitive powers that allows him to anticipate and evade attacks. He is incredibly fast and nimble and on tiop of that, he always backs up his punches, if he were to release a full blow, it will be enough to demolish a building.

Attached: Crushed Creel.jpg (576x592, 504K)

Yeah and he’s still not the strongest guy in his setting like All Might is supposed to be.

Building doesn't equal a city block.

based Freakazoid

RIchie Rich can step in and cut the funding to her story.
Hires the trash man to cancels it.

Attached: To the trash it goes.jpg (1698x1131, 631K)

Nobody fucking cares this thread has nothing to do with him holy shit you're so obsessed with homestuck and the people surrounding it that you post about it in every fucking thread regardless of topic

Here's a word of advice: If the thread isn't about homestuck, NOBODY FUCKING CARES ABOUT HOMESTUCK.

Attached: how disgusting.png (540x305, 162K)

Look at the history of action cartoons in the west, during the 60's it was mostly pulp fiction with less sex and less blood (see johnny quest), but it quickly went to shit as cartoons were aimed to younger and younger kids and comedy started to reign supreme, by the 80's children cartoons were really tame, and toyble media was the only point, that meant that studios wanted to avoid any controversy, on one hand you have he-man doing crazy silver age tier shit, but on the other there was no real serialization. Meanwhile in Japan SJ had Saint Seiya, Fist, and Dragon Ball all trying to beat each other, serialization lead to power creeping, but the fact they were published in the same book as other similar series meant everyone wanted to gain the attention of the reader with "feats". If Superman had to share a book pages away from Captain Atom or the x men, it would be all about punching realities. Weekly competition, serialization, and the difference between toyble vs merch focused industries are the reason why "power levels" are more important in japan, western fans want VS shit (hero vs hero) while japs want a clear hierarchy. but to be fair, non-capeshit action cartoons and non-shonenshit anime are better anyway. Powerlevels are only good for autism.

Yeah, because he would.

Attached: popcigar.gif (300x214, 1.11M)

She doesn't have a story. Its literally a plot point that she is a character that exists without a story, and thus has no established canon that they can use to entrap her. She propagates in cultural consciousness entirely through meme videos and fanart, meaning that every time a new piece of fan content gets made that's one more opportunity to add something to her bag of tricks that she didn't have before.

In the same way that you have characters in Re:creators that are clear references to Guts from berserk or generic magical girl shows or Jojo stands, Altair's existence is mostly a reference to fan-driven content creation like what defines Touhou characters. There is SOME Touhou canon, but the vast majority of Touhou content exists only in fan works, and those fan creations are more detailed and widely recognized than the original games that technically spawned them.

Has Popeye ever defeated a god that can erase you from existence with a thought?

He punched out his animator

the hell are you screaming about mate. try talking about comics and cartoons instead of your issues. i've said way more posts about God and damnation than a line about an obscure fag.

my posts about homestuck are in homestuck threads, so perhaps maybe you shouldn't look at them if you don't want to see homestuck?

Popeye with spinach does not lose.

Does anyone find fictional matchups a bit boring? They can all be summed up with words like "Toonforce", "Rule of Cool", "Whoever is writing the story".Now real historical matchups are a lot more fun since people can't hide behind metaphrases and are forced to bring facts to back up their claims.

Attached: tank off.jpg (1191x670, 190K)

Considering /his/ is dead, I would say you’re in the minority

This is not a homestuck thread sir. Just because you saw a picture of a cockroach does not justify bringing up your inane obsession with james roach and by extension your homestuck autism. Please go away or make your own thread.

Attached: MRRRRROOOOOOOOWW.gif (339x338, 436K)

Western shows usually end before they suffer any power creep.

ok i guess you're trolling. have a nice life dude.

Attached: o01203.jpg (800x450, 77K)

They're too embarrassed to call out the name of their attacks as they make them.

Altair is only as powerful as she can convince the audience that her bullshit trumps everyone else's. Literally no one is going to buy her winning a fight against the Thought-Robot.

Attached: 1209504719531.png (284x327, 9K)

It's been pretty firmly established that Steven shits on MHA and most of the currently ongoing shonenshit at this point. Kid's just too tough.

I don’t recall this conversation

He's beat up Segar back in the day. He's been erased before and it didn't stop him.

I've heard of a mag where the Supreme Jeep wiped out all existence, and Popeye tanked it.

Because he eats his spinach.

We've had several threads, and most of them ended with pretty much nothing in MHA being capable of breaching any of Steven's defenses. Even before the movie.

That can’t be right. What about Bakugou or Todoroki or All Might or Shinsou? Or someone I can’t think of?

I dunno about that. Thought-Robot superman has already been BTFO in comics by Lex Luthor in yet another generic villain plot. Most of the audience doesn't know that Though-Robot Superman exists at all, much less how powerful he is supposed to be.

If Doomsday clock had, in the middle of its run, Doctor Manhattan kill TRS way less people would be upset than you think.

Yea Forums would be livid, sure, but Yea Forums is more invested in the idea of TRS than the general audience is.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I kind of want to push it cause it'd make weebs and a fair chunk of Yea Forums angry.

Right?

A lot of SU fans rank Steven's defense as completely unbeatable, despite them frequently being overcome in the show.

"Steven's shield resisted an attack from 3 diamonds, nothing can overcome it so Deku literally can't hurt Steven no matter how hard he punches."

Meanwhile, that same shield breaks in a single hit from Spinel in the recent movie.

None of those have displayed any kind of force equal or greater to the force of the explosion Steven shrugged off in the movie. *Maybe* you could argue for All Might, but even that might not be enough.

What kinda force?

>Meanwhile, that same shield breaks in a single hit from Spinel in the recent movie.
The same Spinel capable of smashing the utterly gigantic injector in a single punch?

Force enough to eclipse a city.

You were saying?

Attached: 87765D23-5B2F-4515-B3D8-8E47B51D863E.jpg (711x939, 740K)

>cartoon

>Thought-Robot superman has already been BTFO in comics by Lex Luthor in yet another generic villain plot.
[Citation Needed]

>Most of the audience doesn't know that Though-Robot Superman exists at all, much less how powerful he is supposed to be.
And yet I can guarantee you that there are more of those who know and care about the Thought-Robot than there are those who know and care about Altair.

Also, just going by general size, Altair couldn't manifest the Thought-Robot at all. It's too big. Her entire setting and everything in it wouldn't even be noticed by it with how big it actually is. Not even getting into the whole fact that it's more meta than she could ever hope to be.

Nothing.

The Thought Robot is just a manifestation of Superman, a character who for the most part, is known worldwide. If you asked the world, all they would need to do to answer the question is pick Superman over someone relatively unknown, Thought Robot or not.

>and just had to make it as a hero through hard work.
But he did.

Alright that’s kind of impressive

yes

It's also the manifestation of heroes winning in general. You could name any hero at all with a decent audience, or just a particularly loyal but small one, and that would be enough. Nobody is going to vote for a literally who villain over say, Batman or Shazam.

Someone being like Batman in a world of superheros isn't going to work in a story that has an ending

Does he at least fuck anybody?

Steven is purely Conniesexual.

What if Deku wore a wig and painted himself brown?

The audience doesn't get a vote in who wins. Remember, Altair literally can't lose. She onscreen killed several protagonist characters more popular than herself with little effort.

In any story in which she appears, Altair is the protagonist. If TRS is the manifestation of heroes winning, that only makes her stronger.

TRS is 'just' a fictional character, but one afforded special power and position by his writer. Altair has her power and position in spite of the efforts of the writers.

Attached: Killing the questgiving NPC.png (1600x900, 1.07M)

>The audience doesn't get a vote in who wins. Remember, Altair literally can't lose. She onscreen killed several protagonist characters more popular than herself with little effort.
No? Its iterally canon that Altair is given all her bullshit becuase the audience is convinced that's what should happen. If you place her against soemthing with more clout and knowledge with the general audience (such as TRS), then she's going to fucking die. It's literal wank if you say that she can beat "anything" just because a couple of literal who jobbers failed to stop her in her personal narrative.

As it stands, she gets fucking ignored along with the rest of her setting at most. Becuase she is just that irrelevant on the scale the Thought-Robot works on.

Yes. He beat the Empty Hand.

But can she beat the ultimate Batwank?

Attached: str2_wow2609metal_MAIN_cn.jpg (940x722, 199K)

Still no.

You'd have a better time debating Dies Irae/Shinza than Altair. Hadou Gods can at least matter on roughly the same playing field as the higher DC cosmic tiers.

bahahahahaha
Deku massively outspeeds Steven, best Steven can do is sit in his bubble

Oh he can outspeed Steven, sure. But he can’t hurt him.

Its obvious you haven't seen the show, because the whole second half gets bogged down with overexplaining the metaphysics of whats going on and how Altair keeps ignoring them or breaking them.

The whole idea that they can trap Altair in audience-approval based storytelling and use that to confine her to a canon series of events they can use to save themselves is the basis of the annihilation festival crossover, and it explicitly fails. It was their best plan they could come up with, but it was based on the assumption that they could write her into a corner using more popular and established characters as blunt instruments and thats not how she works.

The only time during the festival where audience approval mattered was at the end, where they use it to create a real-enough facsimile of her original creator to undercut her motivations for revenge against the world. Because thats the sort of thing that can't happen in real life, but can happen in fiction.

Deku can outspeeed Steven, sure. But he literally cant hurt him in anyway. And Steven can literally impale him using manifested psikes on his bubble, or blow him away with a field of raw force. And Deku can't hit hard enough with OfA to do anything, both becuase he'll cripple himself and becuase that bubble has tanked worse.

Also, going by raw physical strength, Steven can manhandle Deku if he's dumb enough to get within range.

Because so many cartoons try to imitate anime, but never commit so they don't ever give enough focus to showing characters' strength for them to be seen as comparable to anime characters.

And that's all well and good. But guess what? None of that matters becuase Altair is still playing around at a level where even the weakest meta-narrative shit from DC could do what was done in the show to stop her with casual ease. Any 5D Imp could do it. And yet oyure insisting she can go up against one of the msot potent things in the entire setting, who likely wouldnt even notice her existence or actions in any way.

The thing that is the all-powerful manifestation of the idea that the protagonist will win, against the character who now is the protagonist. Yes.

Yes he can, Steven isn't as tanky as you think he can't just casually tank hits from a guy that can crush stone and lift steal beams like it's nothing. Steven gets bodied.

See here, plus Current Steven’s bubble, which he manifests anytime he wants, can take more damage than Deku can throw, and considering he took punches from Spinel who can destroy a colossal doomsday device, far exceeds Deku, and breaking stone isn’t really something Steven can’t do. Deku can’t hit hard enough without dying.

Altair has no say in bieng the protagonist in a debate with DC stuff, so I'm not sure why you have such a hard-on for the idea.

>from a guy that can crush stone and lift steal beams like it's nothing. Steven gets bodied.
Utterly irrelevant in the face of something that can tank blasts from physical gods with zero harm done, shrug off hits capable of demolishing humongous world-ending weaponry, and can casually walk off city-eclipsing explosions with not even a scratch. All shit that Deku can in no way dish out, or even tank himself.

Steven is only really tanky because of his shield and bubble, his shield is pretty much useless here because it'd be easy to duck around for someone like Deku. Steven can't win by sitting in his bubble he can release it with a shockwave but that's not doing much.

He took hits from Spinel simply by blocking them with bubble boxing gloves. Even when she did that giant fist to punch him he just took it on no sweat, the worst she could do was give him a nosebleed in a weakened state, the same state that can lift said colossal doomsday device, keep in mind, Steven is capable of healing himself and can fly, Deku’s not winning this, he can’t take Steven out fast enough.

Current Steven can extend spikes out of the bubble to impale Deku the instant he goes in for a hit, and any number of other things. And if Deku actually DOES get a hit in, it might not really matter since Steven has shrugged off worse hits, along with the fact that Deku will explode his arm if he tries to go any higher than 10% without soemthing like Eri. And Steven is physically stronger than Deku, since at his weakest, he was literally pushing up the Injector through raw strength alone.

Deku cannot win this.

Steven was getting shit on by Spinel in the first encounter, when she was much more agile perhaps because she wasn't as compromised and had more room for maneuvering. Deku is a lot faster than Spinel and a lot stronger consistently. I can't see how Steven can even hope to win a fight against a guy who can dodge pointblank automatic gunfire while also able to smash craters into mountains. Steven can only float not fly.

Deku ain’t strong enough, deal with it.

>Steven was getting shit on by Spinel in the first encounter, when she was much more agile perhaps because she wasn't as compromised and had more room for maneuvering.
That was entirely because he and the Gems have had two whole years of complete peace and thusly got rusty, along with Spinel taking all of them by surprise. She gets fucking rekt by the CG's in the first encounter, and she literally cant so much as lay a finger on Steven once he regains all his powers. Even her strongest displayed attack that smashes the Injector does nothing to him.

Meanwhile, we have Deku whose only shot would be an immediate Smash at 100% with zero forewarning, and not only would that completely shatter his bones and leave him an utter cripple for life, Steven could likely shrug it off.

Because its what she does. She warps the narrative to be about her. Trying to argue that isn't her nature is like making an argument over Hal Jorden's Purple Lantern energy.

You're free to argue the point until you pass out, but you'll still be wrong.

Steven's strongest shield is single direction. If Deku vaults over it or sets up a situation where Steven is forced to defend from two directions at once, Steven is reduced to relying on his bubble. And his bubble absolutely has been shown to be breakable through application of brute force.

God I miss when they did that to represent how fast and agile Spidey is. Most modern artists can't do him justice.

This is how the fight would go:
stand off, Steven summons shield, Deku charges ducks around him and kicks him in the break, Steven's spine is broken. The end.

Or if you want to be generous and say Steven can just tank a kick that can break through solid wall like it's tissue paper unprotected, than the fight continues Steven's at least hurt and is completely unable to tag Deku who's running circles around him and even if he does tag him somehow Deku walks it off. He's just on another tier than Steven because MHA has long succumb to shonen power scaling.

Why are anime characters so weak compared to toon physics?

I remember read a YA book about a school for heros. The protag didn't have any powers but bulshitted his way in by saying his power is that he's lucky. Which was cool until you actually found out his power was being lucky.

And this is how it would really go. Deku would kick Steven, break his foot, Steven would apologize, spit on it and a fetish or two would be realized by a young viewer.

Why are all forms of media so weak compared to literally everything in 40k?

Attached: 281585.jpg (7680x4320, 3.09M)

I still have no idea what that’s even about

That's not impressive, even to street level characters. Batman has taken down Darkseid. Jason as a fucking child took down Mogul. Someone like Matt Murdock or Kate Spencer would easily rekt All Might.

*Mongul

it's the exact opposite of Steven Universe

Thats for the best. Its not very good. Its just a really generic fantasy setting that ripped off better works to turn it into a wargame (Warhammer) but transplanted into a space setting (Warhammer 40,000) with minimal fluff changes. Like, instead of magic its psychic powers. Instead of knights is supersoldiers. Instead of demons, its... actually still just demons. They are space demons.

action shows aren't popular in the west because most children play violent videogames over here

You can put infinite Zenos vs Popeye (spinachless) and they'd still lose

So to beat her easily, purchase the rights to her. Like Making Fiends

Attached: MAKING_FIENDS.jpg (640x465, 74K)

Why are anime characters so weak compared to visual novel characters?

Attached: 524.jpg (800x600, 109K)

40k is not even close to top tier, /tg/.

I know what'll beat her.
Cant audience vote, cant write her story cause she changes it, able to kill more popular main characters.
I know how to make all of that means literally nothing.
RULE 34, where the sexiest, and/or most deprived souls can win.
Cant get rid of plot that doesnt exist, and the 'plot' thats there is too thicc to move.

Attached: recreators_altair_bikini_suit_ver__by_snowart123 Her weakness.png (1024x1409, 2.15M)

Does anime have any Ultron like characters? Or any that are a threat at least? Evil robots seem to be more of a western thing while Japan has kaiju instead.

Attached: A7189B05-C3BE-4136-B979-4A6CD79F75CF.jpg (1920x2447, 1.3M)

Yeah, no. There are things in DC greater than literally all of her feats. Please show me where Altair even ONCE displayed the kind of power that Mandrakk or even Darkseid possessed. Because you literally can't.

Her story and her narrative are immensely limited. Literally nobody will ever say that Altair has absolute dominion over all of fiction, because if she did, all of the problems she faced in her setting wouldn't exist.

Altairfags have honestly become just as bad as Uminekofags.

Nothing Deku has ever done has compared to the kind of shit that Steven has casually shrugged off. So unless you can show me where and when Deku lifted up a planet-destroying device without access to any of his powers, or when he tanked a city-sized explosion with zero damage, I'm just gonna call you a massive faggot and say that Steven fucks Deku to death via murdercock.

TOON FORCE IS OP

Yeah, tons. Evil robots in anime are pretty common.

Oh, I know a good one. Puck from Captain Earth. Started off as a supercomputer in a lab, sucessfully created a web of fake identities and usurped financial assets to hijack control of a governmental oversight body and use them to enable and fund research into different technologies that he then stole and assembled into a machine that he could use to copy-paste his mind into the brain of the CEO of the company that made him, all while still pretending to be helpful friend computer.

Then he escalates and uses his ever-increasing web of influence to download himself into more people and, eventually, alien spaceships belonging to the villains of the series that are trying to destroy all life on Earth to refuel their mothership by draining earth of energy. He assumes control of the mothership, forces all of the alien machines that were the villains of the show to self destruct in sacrificial attacks against the protagonists against their will, and then plans to drain the earth of energy anyway and fuck off to explore the stars and spread the gift of being him to all and all other life he finds.

The mothership version of him gets blown up by the end, but there are at least 2 copies of him still running around on Earth. One of which no one knows is him.

So the only time he gets a cool robot body is when he controls the mothership, but otherwise thats a pretty Ultron-esq plan.

Based

>The Culture
>the Xeelee
>Carmen Sandiego
>Downstreamers
>Kirby
>Pennywise
>Doomguy
>Asura
>Dante & Vergil
>Daleks
>Time Lords
>Noisy Tenant in general
>EDF
>Slenderman
>Ghostbusters
>Digimon
>Lensman
>Bydo
Fuck off, /tg/.

>Ghostbusters
Have I been missing out on some crazy Ghostbusters lore or something?

japs got hit by a nuclear weapon and have a subconscious inferiority complex due to getting absolutely fucked up the ass

The comics have revealed that total protonic reversal could completely erase the entire universe, and that things like Gozer spend their time destroying whole universes and dimensions across the greater multiverse. Shit's crazy.

Mid, Low and High power scaled characters are better than infinity+ wank
Take Ben 10 for example
Powerlevelfags will always wank Alien X because he's a deific reality warping Alien
But Alien X is pretty boring in the context of just smashing things or snapping problems away, he's a bit of a joke character since Ben always has to convince Bellicus and Serena to do anything.
The most kino moments of Ben 10 have come from the normal aliens excelling at what they do best or doing something new, not the infinitely powerful wankfuel
It loses it's meaning after a while.

Attached: Ben_10k.png (720x544, 169K)

is just as dumb as You retards think that "cartoons" and "anime" encompass one thing when those terms reference something incredibly fucking broad. They're mediums of expression, not a defined genre.

You legit sound like the edgy sixth graders I work with.

>Mfw Ben first turned into Cannonbolt to beat the shit out of Kevin
One of the highlights of my young life

Attached: 716A779F-3C5D-4EF7-ADAD-DC126F257778.gif (560x560, 265K)

>New game. It’s called Dodgeball!

>In any story in which she appears, Altair is the protagonist. If TRS is the manifestation of heroes winning, that only makes her stronger.
I don't see how this is any different than mandrakk's plot manipulation, which TRS overcame.

>The movie where Azmuth unlocks Way Big for Ben and he just crushes Vilgax like a bug
That show knew how to do hype moments if nothing else.

Attached: 1A3C9162-EE6C-4309-96C1-26146A4D4F84.png (1920x1080, 1.89M)

>Ken 10
>Kevin 11K wounds Ken and and Devlin
>Ben is fucking furious and turns into Waybig
>"HOW DARE YOU!"
>*Smashes him into a crater and beats him within an inch of his life*
That was THE GOOD SHIT, just imagine if the series continued to this from Omniverse instead of Rebooting

Attached: ben10.jpg (720x544, 49K)

What are you talking about, user?

the absolute delusion of Yea Forumstards lmao.

And as always Yea Forumsssholes show their ignorance and inability to accept their shonenshit isn’t unbeatable.

>The same Spinel capable of smashing the utterly gigantic injector in a single punch
The injector was so fragile that even just moving it without Spinel's horn was considered too dangerous because it might explode.

More like every attempt to move it simply accelerated it.

Peridot literally says "it might explode" after Steven asked if they tried moving it.

Fun fact, Horikoshi originally wanted Deku to be exactly that, but his editor advised against it since it would be hard to write so many fights for him without a quirk in such a power heavy universe. Imo, they made the right call.

becuase cartoon characters tend to be nerfed for whatever reason. Unlike western content, anime is typically made 1:1 with its manga counter part, they're not just adaptations and loosely base stories, they're direct conversions from manga, typically scene for scene, panel for panel, to the anime.

Its not really fair to compare anime characters to the watered down saturday morning cartoon variants. compare them to the comic version of the characters and it'll often feel like less of a gap.

HOWEVER... Anime also tends to lack of a lot quality writing, anime/manga tend to get adapted from shitty fanfiction stories (not even kidding) so they're full of overpowered shit for brains mary sue characters cuz I guess thats what japanese and weeb market likes. Personally I prefer a lot of non-action shonen anime cuz frankly most of it sucks dick.

Western characters are build more down to earth typically, especially Marvel characters. They're built with more weaknesses and ultimately more depth and interesting character traits.

literally none
popeye was meant to fuck japan like a true sailor

They were worried about it "exploding" becuase it could possibly accelerate the process it was already starting. Also, the Injector exploding is STILL a more impressive feat than anything on offer in MHA.

6/10. Had me going for a moment.

>They were worried about it "exploding" becuase it could possibly accelerate the process it was already starting
No, Peridot says moving it accelerates the process, THEN brings up it exploding. The injector was already fragile machinery going on the info we're given.
>Also, the Injector exploding is STILL a more impressive feat than anything on offer in MHA.
Breaking the injector? No. Steven shielding the explosion? Maybe.

these edits were amazing

Attached: 1565234007104.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

>Naruto, Goku and the like train to be the strongest.
and have insanely awful advantages they were just born with
and basically get taught by gods/famous masters

I'll give you that Goku actually had to work hard for his shit and basically be the worst husband and father to get as far as he did
Naruto, on the other hand, just has some fucking magic god trapped in his asshole, a shit ton of masters to train him who wouldn't have anything to do with his retarded ass if he didn't have said god, and is literally a reincarnation of ninja jesus who can apparently use these hyper-advanced moves despite never studying and being willfully retarded

there have been plenty of great stories about this. hell, it's been used throughout mythology time and time again
one great example was batman beating superman in TDKR

Hmmm....alternatively, why not make him a kid genius, and slowly work his way up to building an Iron Man suit?

>No, Peridot says moving it accelerates the process, THEN brings up it exploding. The injector was already fragile machinery going on the info we're given.
It's a planet-destroying doomsday weapon that Spinel probably dug out of a heap somewhere. I doubt she particularly cared for its integrity.

>Breaking the injector? No. Steven shielding the explosion? Maybe.
No "maybe" about it. Literally everyone we've seen in MHA so far (barring possibly All Might at full power and AfO) would die if they ended up in an explosion anywhere near that size.

That wiped out a town, I think only a United States Of Smash can do that

girls, girls, please
both of you are gary stus and both deserve a backhand

And neutralfags deserve the rope.

>It's a planet-destroying doomsday weapon that Spinel probably dug out of a heap somewhere. I doubt she particularly cared for its integrity.
That's exactly my point, breaking the injector was not impressive.
>No "maybe" about it. Literally everyone we've seen in MHA so far (barring possibly All Might at full power and AfO) would die if they ended up in an explosion anywhere near that size.
I'll concede that because I don't remember all the shit the characters have survived, but I am not convinced All Might and maybe Deku wouldn't be able to break the shield.

The explosion never touched the town, it only left a crater in the hill it was on.

Attached: 1565142344601.png (1920x1080, 2.35M)

And a fingering

>That's exactly my point, breaking the injector was not impressive.
Keep in mind, you're measuring the Injector's durability by the word of Peridot, and she's comparing said durability to the strength of the Gems. Which is notable, considering that Garnet alone can collapse half of a mountain, and Lapis can restructure planetary geography if she bothers to try.

Gems are broken as all hell, and we should not take their strength and destructive capacity as a means of arguing for the durability of something.

>but I am not convinced All Might and maybe Deku wouldn't be able to break the shield.
Worse things have struck Steven's shield and bubble with zero damage. I think the only times the shield actually breaks come from the earlier seasons where Steven's powers are an on and off thing that he can barely manage to direct and control, let alone leverage in combat.

>The explosion never touched the town, it only left a crater in the hill it was on.
The explosion proper eclipsed the town. It was fuckhuge.

Dante and Vergol anal raped by the too tiers like the empra, the tyranid hive fleet. The United orks waagh, any chaos gods especially tzeentch, and the ctan.

Top tier primarchs and probably eldrad as well.

>Popeye beats up Toriyama and forces him to make so that he beats Zeno
kek

Deku's feats aren't that impressive. There are plenty of Cartoon characters that can do more

>t. knows literally nothing about DMC
The very first major big bad of theirs used galaxies/universes as a basic attack, and directly embodied the primordial darkness before creation. Dante whooped his ass. And Vergil is his direct equal. Then you have shit like Royal Guard and other craziness.

Dante and Vergil break 40k over their fucking knee whilst being STYLISH and MOTIVATED.

Fucking OK KO can kick his ass

>Keep in mind, you're measuring the Injector's durability by the word of Peridot, and she's comparing said durability to the strength of the Gems. Which is notable, considering that Garnet alone can collapse half of a mountain, and Lapis can restructure planetary geography if she bothers to try.
>
>Gems are broken as all hell, and we should not take their strength and destructive capacity as a means of arguing for the durability of something.
Yeah, but she's not talking about hitting it, she was saying simply trying to move it without the horn could cause an explosion, which sounds pretty unstable for any kind of machine.
>Worse things have struck Steven's shield and bubble with zero damage. I think the only times the shield actually breaks come from the earlier seasons where Steven's powers are an on and off thing that he can barely manage to direct and control, let alone leverage in combat.
His shield is super strong, but his bubble has been broken from merely falling a couple feet.
>The explosion proper eclipsed the town. It was fuckhuge.
Yet it is clearly shown in the aftermath it wasn't that bad, it was contained entirely to the hill the injector was on.

I wouldn't really call Bizarro a villain anymore...

>Yeah, but she's not talking about hitting it, she was saying simply trying to move it without the horn could cause an explosion, which sounds pretty unstable for any kind of machine.
It's filled with a highly volatile, necrotizing planet-killing poison that functions on a timescale of a couple minutes. Again, I doubt stability is meant to be the point.

>His shield is super strong, but his bubble has been broken from merely falling a couple feet.
His bubble has tanked shit like White and all the other Diamonds and gems focusing down on it at once (technically Pink Steven, but we see Steven with his bubble-shield in the movie, so he likely grew into that ability), and has otherwise protected him from shit that nothing in MHA can replicate. The only times it's been actually broken are back in early seasons when hes unfamiliar with the ability and is still coming into his own with wonky powers.

>Yet it is clearly shown in the aftermath it wasn't that bad, it was contained entirely to the hill the injector was on.
That's still a fuckhuge explosion and heavy amounts of energy being unleashed all it once. You could also chalk it up to some form of inconsistency.

More of a general statement. Plus one Bizarro was an abusive dad to his kid.

Waves in your path

Attached: 46af657bb7c8635828345162a8fb617690c2dcb6r1-749-910v2_00.jpg (421x512, 79K)

Attached: F1C9F653-9BAC-4496-903B-FE243F95C517.jpg (2000x3000, 804K)

>It's filled with a highly volatile, necrotizing planet-killing poison that functions on a timescale of a couple minutes. Again, I doubt stability is meant to be the point.
Considering it's meant to kill a planet from within and not just fuck up a little bit of the surface, having it not explode seems like it'd be pretty important.
>His bubble has tanked shit like White and all the other Diamonds and gems focusing down on it at once
It's also gotten insta popped by Topaz, so it's not exactly consistent.
>That's still a fuckhuge explosion and heavy amounts of energy being unleashed all it once. You could also chalk it up to some form of inconsistency.
The explosion was really not that bad, even in the shot it looks the biggest it barely grazes the town.

Attached: 1552463739794.png (1920x1080, 789K)

>DMC being universal or galactic
>Shit lies from your topic Vs. Fag

Slaanesh (the god of STYLISH AND MOTIVATION) bends them over and rapes them with a multiversal elongated.

The others just straight up humiliate them before killing them with their own weapons or just out performing them in over the top action, grimdark over the top action.

*bwom*

Attached: he's finally skinny.jpg (1288x3000, 490K)

>DMC being universal or galactic
>Shit lies from your typical Vs. Fag

Slaanesh (the god of STYLISH AND MOTIVATION) bends them over and rapes them with a multiversal elongated.

The others just straight up humiliate them before killing them with their own weapons or just out performing them in over the top action, grimdark over the top action.

Literal word of creator that Mundus was creating and casually performing universal shit. Want to start a bitchfit? Go do it with him. See how that works out for you.

Anyway, Chsos and literally everything else in 40k is galactic at most. Anything else is disgusting levels of wank that belongs solely on VSBW.

>Considering it's meant to kill a planet from within and not just fuck up a little bit of the surface, having it not explode seems like it'd be pretty important.
I assume that's why the horn exists. Also, Peridot is kind of inaccurate, since Steven managed to lift it off the ground without it exploding in his face. It only truly blew up after Spinel decided to go fuck it and fist it as hard as she could.

>It's also gotten insta popped by Topaz, so it's not exactly consistent.
Trying to compare that to current Steven is more than a little disingenuous.

>The explosion was really not that bad, even in the shot it looks the biggest it barely grazes the town.
It's either an inconsistency, or thry just decided to gloss over what the actual force and power behind such an explosion would actually be like. Which is understandable, considering the already incredibly sorry state of Beach City at that point. Can't have a story if all the characters barring two fucking die in a city-wrecking explosion.

Deku in his current state is a basic glass canon on the account of being close to a normal human when it comes to durability with the strength to, it's hilarious that people put him up against Steven instead of someone with a more consistent and fleshed out powerset.
He'd get absolutely shat on by any popular action show protagonist
Original Ben 10 and Rex can kick his ass six ways from Sunday, any later version of Ben would fuck him harder than Bakugo ever could
I think the series has to progress further so Deku can get his O MY SEVEN QUIRKS, become Soul Reaper Jesus King Japanese Superhero President Christ and can be wanked into oblivion like the rest of the popular shounens

Attached: Vilgax_chase.webm (640x480, 1.07M)

>I assume that's why the horn exists. Also, Peridot is kind of inaccurate, since Steven managed to lift it off the ground without it exploding in his face. It only truly blew up after Spinel decided to go fuck it and fist it as hard as she could.
Just because it can explode from fucking with it doesn't mean it absolutely will, the point was to not do anything rash and make things worse.
>Trying to compare that to current Steven is more than a little disingenuous.
I was merely using a pre-movie example like you did, but I see your point.
>It's either an inconsistency, or thry just decided to gloss over what the actual force and power behind such an explosion would actually be like. Which is understandable, considering the already incredibly sorry state of Beach City at that point. Can't have a story if all the characters barring two fucking die in a city-wrecking explosion.
Or it really just wasn't that bad of an explosion, over all, gem tech exploding has never been *that* bad, even the hand ship exploding on the Beach.

>it's hilarious that people put him up against Steven instead of someone with a more consistent and fleshed out powerset.
It's because people want to see him beat up a fat kid who cries, because they've only been forcefed memes. Once you bring out shit like all his assorted feats, the movie, or Pink Steven, shit turns around very, very quickly for Deku.

Its also much closer to a fair fight than Ben 10 or Danny Phantom against Deku and fits a theme of legacies.

Well, it's debatably fair. But certainly more so than sensing him up against fucking Ben.

Movie just changed the game, before it, odds were more in Deku’s favor.

Steven can manifest at least two shields at the same time now

As someone pointed out, anime is more about style and power levels, and anime can be weak compared to manga, especially years ago like holy shit, the 90's alone had STUPID OP characters in manga doing shit that would make Pre-Crisis Superman go "Okay calm the fuck down for a second".

Why are nu-MtG characters so weak compared to old MtG characters?

Creator is fucking unreliable since he has no damn control of the series anymore

Mundas was featless in a magical demension with nonscale beyond island in the real world. The whole dmc series scales to low planet level at best.

At full power and fluff wank, chaos and the big 4 is multiversal with fantasy composite. The emperor matches the gods along with gork, mork, hivemind and the old ones.

The warhammer races scale behind that as a whole roughly though the high tier primarchs, the farseers, the paherons, and the hive fleets depending on threat, and also the primorcs.

Capes can literally be reality warpers to the point that you can only have an actual plot for lower tiers by creating some bullshit reason for why Superman or whatever was busy at the time. The DC/Marvel Univeres create some truly bullshit powerlevel arguments. What are you on?

Attached: 1548895641342.jpg (515x497, 55K)

Why are people posting comic book characters? Why did you post Deku, someone relatively weak? Why am I replying to bait?

>Because power levels are fucking bullshit
What does this even mean? I know it's a joke but why do people parrot it like it means something. Asking for logical consistency in a narrative isn't "bullshit."

>why are cartoon characters so weak compared to cartoon characters?

power levels are never logically consistent

>Mundas was featless in a magical demension with nonscale beyond island in the real world. The whole dmc series scales to low planet level at best.
Nope. Novels (which are canon) confirm Mundus is the darkness that predated existence, or at the very least embodies it. He's also confirmed to make and break universes.

>At full power and fluff wank, chaos and the big 4 is multiversal with fantasy composite.
Garbage not even remotely supported outside of maximum wank and faggotry. Shit that breaks the entire setting if it's even remotely true. Which it isn't.

They could beat Batman when it comes to the League but everyone else could take them on. Thor, Hulk and Iron Man from the "main" Avengers could beat them as well

>Batman has taken down Darkseid
When? And don't say Final Crisis or that time he punched him once with the Hellbat armor and ran away immediately

I'm with you on the infinity+ tier, user. Characters who rely on toon physics, characters who can rewrite reality on a whim, and etc just aren't interesting in these kinds of matchups.
>Shiki can kill anything that exists, up to and including killing entire timelines because they were predicted with absolute certainty allowing her to prevent someone from predicting a timeline where she is defeated
>Thought Robot Superman is as strong as he needs to be in order to save the day
>Whoever the fuck that re:creators bitch was is automatically the protagonist
>Popeye can punch out anything, no matter what, if he's had his spinach.
All boring. What are y'all's favorite lightweight matchups?

Why does he need to outspeed him? To run away?

He was already quite strong later in the series, it was obvious that he would get even stronger. I didn't expect him to be able to pick up the injector without his powers though.

>one great example was batman beating superman in TDKR

But... Batman doesn't beat Superman. Superman kicks his ass, seemingly kills him, and Batman has to pretend to be dead afterwards. A ploy that it is strongly implied Clark sees through and pretends not to notice so he doesn't actually have to kill his friend.

Okay. Lets walk through this. Lets say Iron Man technology gets introduced into MHA through a quirkless genius, kid or otherwise.

You now have a guy who becomes bulletproof, super strong, can fly, and shoot lasers whenever he puts on his powered armor.

That guy is still going to be at a disadvantage, because there is nothing that prevents other people from building the same or better gear and giving it to people that already have powers. Bulletproof+strength+fly+lasers still loses to someone wearing the same thing but who also can rewind time for 4 seconds or can induce blindness within 20 ft or something.

All introducing iron man tech to MHA does is push things into Tiger and Bunny territory, where the expensive iron man suits are specifically given to people who already have really good powers to protect your most valuable investments (and also plaster them with logos like NASCAR).

The Mending. Literally the Mending.

Playing around with too much supermagic was making holes in the multiverse appear that were becoming increasingly more common and the end result would be every single plane of existence breaking like glass and dissolving into the blind eternities, and then the blind eternities themselves draining away through the holes to someplace *else* until there was nothing left at all.

The individual holes could be plugged by up throwing a planeswalker into them and having their spark implode, but the overall breakdown of reality was fixed by The Mending, which changed the rules of how the planes interacted with each other. The side effects of that included MASSIVELY depowering planeswalker sparks, and all of the old interplanar technologies no longer worked. It was only very recently that a functional inter-planar gate has been made, and it explicitly can't transport living things.

because anime spends all the animation making them LOOK strong but cartoons just outright show how strong they really are.

Attached: sunkiller.gif (480x270, 724K)

>mfw Venser's brain with the knowledge of Inter-Planar ships is still on New Phyrexia

Attached: 1563916538475.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Dark

Deku isn't even that strong though, pre-Gears Luffy would shit on him and he's the weakest of the HST

When I saw that in the trailer, I figured he needed his powers. Didn’t expect for him to actually be weakened.

cartoons suffer from female writers/staff

Honestly Steven’s physical strength seems to be all in lifting stuff isn’t of punching or kicking. He hasn’t shown any sort of super strength when striking someone and all his power comes from him min maxing everything into defense.

Western female staff.

>mfw Venser's brain with the knowledge of Inter-Planar ships is still on New Phyrexia

Attached: 4772795__e188297988ce060ed77289f0d306731a.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

Is there any sort of way to somewhat figure striking strength from lifting strength?

Not really. There are videos of karate masters in their 70's with incredible striking strength but probably low lifting strength.

Mr. Mxyzptlk, Thanos w/the Gauntlet, Silver Surfer, Darkseid, Galactus, etc. could do a lot of these things and more/similar, and yet they don’t always win.

I remember Rocky 4 had people cheering when Drago lifted that weight.

I don't think you understand the conversation the rest of us are having, user. If you did, you wouldn't be arguing editorial constraints on an out of canon comparison.

Attached: WTF am I reading.png (635x789, 201K)

I’m saying a lot of those powers aren’t much new to Marvel or DC or various other Western comics/animation.

I think is more like anime characters are excessively dramatic about their powers.

They don't have to be new, they just have to be effective. Very little ACTUALLY stops a guy from just shooting Batman int he back of the head and killing him instantly. Batman fights guys with guns all the time, but that doesn't mean they can't hurt him. They just don't, because its hard to tell a Batman story if Batman is dead.

Too much flash, usually not enough substance

Compared to what? In western comics, almost nothing ever means anything. None of the stories matter, because they are just there to fill time and they likely won't even be canon for long.

At least in manga, the story typically doesn't just 'forget' that the character has certain abilities. There are exceptions, but in general you don't get stuff like the Flash being fast enough to move a million people by hand in under an attosecond one day and getting his ass handed to him by a normal human in hand to hand combat the next.

K.O probably could beat Deku. Especially after the permanent power up he gets at the end.

>At the start of Season 3 base form K.O was strong enough to K.O a Dragon and in a later ep come out of a black hole unhurt.
>P.K.O was strong enough to power the whole Plaza and make it a grant fighting Robot
>T.K.O absorb all the power of Plaza's Glorb Tree (who's roots reached all the way through the planet earth) and before that beat pretty much every hero and villain in the show.
>P.K.O might as well be base form now since T.K.O and K.O become one at the end of "Let's fight to the end".
Yeah I think he could take on Deku.

Attached: two halfs become one.jpg (1024x764, 140K)

Love it the roach

>video game comics thread is deleted while this stays up

Attached: 04304026-920E-446F-AA03-5ECAF1FFAA33.jpg (960x504, 48K)

>What does this even mean?
Power level shows tend to fall into:
1. Ignore power levels, making them meaningless in the first place
2. Wank one character to show writer fiat
3. A beat B, and B beat C, therefore A is stronger than C. Very few series have enough writing to make this a triangle instead of a pecking order
4. All description of the power levels is meaningless fluff text. Having the power to blow up a moon is meaningless unless you actually blow up the moon, and as follows.

I.e it works for DBZ because they end up doing a lot of the stuff they threaten to do, including casually blowing up planets, destroying moons, and having a magical genie run around destroy in the milky way because he is bored.
Meanwhile for something like DC comics or Marvel they will follow all the flaws of rule 1, 2, 3 and 4. Thereby making power levels completely worthless.

Attached: The_rabbit_joke.jpg (900x983, 169K)

Why are MTG characters so weak compared to YuGiOh characters?

Attached: Jerry beans man.png (308x450, 356K)

They aren't really boring. But by addressing it as meta fiction, whoever do so has basically forfeited participation.
Its the only way to threat such a thing.
Otherwise you get people posting the stupidest "I win" buttons.

What the hell is that pic

Would have been neat to see the support class side of things, and Dekus rise to 1A.

right, him humbling superman and getting him to back off isn't beating him

If Supes really wanted Batman dead then he would be dead regardless of the suit or contingency plan that Bruce has. Nothing stopping Clark from just lobotomizing him from space.
Yet people still think Bats has a chance.

woulda, coulda, shoulda

So Batman didn't win, Superman took pity on Bruce and chose not to kill him, which Batfags tout as some kind of special victory on Bruce's part. Agreed?

no, it was a pretty definitive win

He's referring to speedlines you dunce

For superman. Cool, we are both on the same page.