Always hated Spider-Man

>always hated Spider-Man
>never got why he's considered so good
>his current run suck big balls
>read his old comics
>they are amazing
>he's basically a completelly different and unique character before OMD instead of the bland sitcom manchild we have today

Oh wow, Yea Forums was not memeing, OMD unironically ruined Spider-Man. Fuck Quesada.

Attached: One+More+Day[1].jpg (300x456, 56K)

Considering his true love was always Gwen Stacy, marrying Mary Jane was never going to work out. One More Day was a good idea conceptually speaking.

Welcome to my hell user, I try to keep the autism to a minimum but it’s doesn't take much to get me going. Especially about OMD and the subsequent fallout

patently absurd

One more day would’ve “worked” if they butted up and had the divorce. But the problem is that would age Parker up just as much as if he had kids. So fuck off Slott MJ was a fine love interest and a great supporting character

OMD ruined a lot of things. there's a reason why my comicbook store is now an antiques store.

>Considering his true love was always Gwen Stacy
>One More Day was a good idea conceptually speaking.
This is what a retard looks like.

Hi, Gwenfag. How are you coping knowing that she still canonically had consensual sex with Norman and gave birth to his kids?

Don't forget that all future depictions will have her blacked by Miles.

Why you lyin

Attached: amazing spider-man 1 Ryan Ottley.jpg (2018x1500, 955K)

Funny he went out of his way to sabotage that 'perfect world' where hes with her, or never hooked up with either of the clones even when single.

But Spencer’s run on ASM is pretty good. He’s fixing a lot of shit, and made sure Kraven’s Last Hunt remains intact

He's probably going through Slotts run still.

And that's when i realized, OP is an huge faggot.

>Peter using stolen money to pay rent
>literally a watered down version of a fucking Danny Phantom episode
>solving all his problems with Mary Jane though a wall of text where he said absolutely nothing new
trash

Only now, at the end, do you understand.

>Danny Phantom invented body/personality split
It’s a common trope you dumb shitposting fuck

He doesn't care, because he doesn't give a shit about Gwen, not the real Gwen, just Gwenpool or some other gay shit.

It's fine to prefer Gwen over Mary Jane, but to say OMD was even approaching acceptable? You can't say it with a soul.

>true love
Naw user, Gwen wasn’t even his first love, just the one that he ultimately failed, and that’s why her death has such an impact on him. There is a reason why the majority of alternate realities show that Peter and MJ are happily married or together, it’s a true love that spans across the majority of the Multiverse, while Gwen is almost always dead. Hell, Peter and MJ’s connection was so strong that even 10 years of our time could dull the edge on home much they love one another. Gwen is just a reminder that he needs to be a better Spider-Man, MJ makes him not only a better Spider-Man, but a better Peter Parker as well

Attached: image.jpg (1280x1975, 1.62M)

Not to mention it was totally necessary for Spencer showcasing why Spider-Man was important to him and highlighting why Slott had been doing it wrong.

Where does his nose disappear to

>Peter using stolen money to pay rent
Well at least he didn't thought about murdering children like Slott Peter.

It gets pushed down by the built in air filters, this has the added effect of disguising Peter’s voice

>make a deal with the devil
>almost kill a kid
>using stolen money

Marvel needs to learn the difference between being a "flawed character" and straight up being a villain.

Is the money stolen tho? We haven’t seen Fred actually commit any crimes yet, for all we know he could be paying his portion of the rent using a nest egg he had saved up from his various mercenary jobs. And Fred is considered a hero right now due to the events of Secret Empire

>Not to mention it was totally necessary
Nick, you're drunk. Go home.

>Marvel needs to be more cartoonishly black and white with it's shit
>you know: like DC does
This is why you fail.

Attached: same as it ever was.jpg (590x322, 22K)

Antique stores are usually the best place to find good comics though...

If he is going to be the guy to fix Spider-Man he needed to directly talk about the way tha Peter had been written by Slott, so yes, it was necesary.

Where is Image Comics?

Image is from 1992

OP why are you lying? You didn’t “just” get into Spider-Man

PFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

not even the literal God of the Marvel Universe agrees with you

Attached: RCO024_1469463111.jpg (1032x1600, 361K)

his character getting completely destroyed come down to 3 things.
1.complete flanderization of his character over the years. Peter Parker was originally written as a nerdy guy who had bad luck and was shy around girls. What all the writers after OMD forgot was how much he had grown over the 70s, 80s and 90s until he was a chad and badass by the 2000s
2. Big Bang Theory made "nerd comedy" all about making lame jokes and reference instead of actually being witty and actual smart. You were no longer supposed to laugh about Spider-Man jokes but at him.
3. Marvel going full sjw around 2014 meant that all their white male characters had to be humiliated and emasculated to make the new female and minority replacement characters appear more competent and cool.
To this day characters like Thor, Captain America, Tony Stark and Peter Parker are written like the but of the joke and overall as stupid and useless compared to other female heroes.

>Stolen money to pat rent.
When did he do that? If you mean the bar with no name trivia night, he had to blow it up to get out of there and since we saw him receiving no money onscreen, we don't confirmation he even got money, let alone use it.

DC is just as shit as Marvel but this tweet is dishonest since Marvel releases about 100% more comics each month then DC yet still only manages to sell 20% more

some people actually have brains and taste unlike you user

Yeah, instead of wiping their marriage from history, Mayday being stillborn in 616 could've just eventually led to MJ and Peter getting fed up with their relationship and ultimately ending it.

Or better yet, Mayday could NOT be stillborn, and MC2 could just be 616, with the Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The X-Men, etc. comics having long been replaced by Spider-Girl, The Fantasic Five, The X-People, etc. comics. But that wouldn't be good for business, so it never would've happened.

And then Marvel decided to ruin her.

Actually his most current runs are fine, and JMS was overrated by the children that grew up with him. Spencer is the best writer ASM has had since Michelinie
Obviously, dont read Slott

>solving all his problems with Mary Jane though a wall of text where he said absolutely nothing new
Its almost like his "problems" with MJ were artificial horseshit written by divorced douchebags or something!

People that draw the nose shape under the mask are the WORST relic of the 90s. Fuck that shit. Egghead 70s Spidey or nothing

All went to shit when they decided to not keep aunt May dead.

OMD was a disaster specifically because it was a convoluted piece of shit trying to fix another convoluted piece of shit(the damage done in Civil War). No way does it make sense that Peter would give up everything with MJ and his future so his elderly aunt could live a few more years. Hell, her soul should have been there smacking the shit out of him while he was talking to Mephisto. That's how stupid OMD was.

JMS' run has serious problems at times but it's better than at least 50% of Brand New Day and 100% of Slott's run. Spencer is acceptable on account that he's fixing a lot of the stupid decisions that have happened in the last 10, 11 years, but I'm waiting to see how far it goes.

I should amend that, JMS' run up until Sins Past is better than at least 50% of Brand New Day and 100% of Slott's run.

As much as I love spider girl one of the weakest parts of the book was the rest of the universe, Tom defalco really needed one other good writer with him to take the fantastic five or the avengers to shape them like he shaped spider girl perfectly

That was retconned out from Secret Wars, and it was never mentioned in Clone Conspiracy

All those storylines where Peter is offered an opportunity from a villain, even really tempting ones, even when he's living in a shitty apartment and his friends and family think he's a dick or a flake because he's always saving people's lives and they don't know he's Spiderman, even when he doesn't have a dime except when he has to grovel to a boss that makes his life hell in and out of the costume, even when he gets punished for doing the right thing again and again, all he has to do is look the other way and he's on easy street the rest of his life, the only person who gets hurt is some guy who he doesn't know, that he'll never even meet, who deserves it, who won't even be that put out, and he always looked those villains in the eye from the cracked lens of his homemade costume and told them NO.

That's the real lesson of Peter Parker, that even with all the shit he goes through, even when the cops are shooting at him, even when he has not a god damned thing in the world on his side, when his life is in shambles, it's still better than knowingly doing the wrong thing once. Not even the shittiest shit in Parker's life would be worse than that.

This is why his villains fucking hate him. Peter was born with less, bullied, raised without parents, poor, alone, weak, rife with family tragedy, born with a superior intellect that others sneered at, he's the backstory of a super villain. But he spends everyday saving the lives of people who have to be better off than him, cuz he's at the bottom. And his villains know, they know that this guy is living proof that they could've been better, whatever excuse they come up with for why they're doing wrong, this fucker covered in fail has made good. Guys like Osborn make it their obsession to tempt him, test him, because they have to prove it's a lie, because it scares them that they have no one to take responsibility for their ills than themselves.

"He sells his soul to the devil." Fuck you

>OMD unironically ruined Spider-Man.
NO SHIT SHERLOCK

That's because Peter used to be a guy with a personality, with goals and flaws and balls.

Now he's a harmless "adorkable uwu" twink.

That's a cool idea, user.

>He’s fixing a lot of shit, and made sure Kraven’s Last Hunt remains intact
I'm gonna be so fucking mad if the MCU blacks Kraven. He's such a fucking cool character. He even made the first issue of squirrel girl tolerable.

Fuck you. Aunt May's death was so good that not even Romita Jr's art could ruin it.

I know this is probably a pasta and I'm going to get greentext-quoted with soijak or something, but regardless of whoever wrote that, that was one of the best descriptions of Spider-Man I've ever read.

Reading old Spider-Man comics is a special hell when you see that almost every single character that's paraded around in the modern day is a bastardization of what came before. The 90s and 00s had plenty of bad Spidey books, but by the 10s the franchise was basically good and dead with the ongoing soap opera it started as. Now you just sometimes get a few cool one off comics while a weird boring thing wears the iconic costumes.

You're right, but that's not a high bar and JMS was if nothing else way more ambitious. Spencer's made the cardinal mistake of taking too long without having much to say.

This. The mask works like a Tokusatsu helmet, don't question it.

Where is this from? I need to read it.

I think that if you went from JMS to Spencer, yeah, Spencer might be a huge step down. But I think Spencer following nearly ten years of stupid crap from BND (with some exceptions) and Slott is actually surprisingly a vast step up.

Sensational Spider-man #40

Romita Jr is a good artist sometimes, don't be mean.

Danke!

I wouldn't even say that, just that Spencer is way safer and slower. The overall quality is more consistent but the highs aren't as big and he's spending too long just to agree with what fans have been saying for years.

He's peanuts compared to his dad.

I wish we could get more bulky Peter.

And I just read it. Holy fuck, why couldn't this be the original story?

>He's peanuts compared to his dad.
Most people are, let's be fair.
Spider-Man's gotta keep going forever.
With Peter because uh....because.

What I don't understand is this: Marvel wants to replace old heroes with women. Why are they so allergic to family? For instance, Mayday Parker and Valeria Richards in 616? I bet they'd sell more than the abominations they've been pushing in recent years.

>aunt May death
>Romita
Wot?

Attached: 5509719-rco028_1471292836.jpg (988x1500, 1.26M)

having kids with the carbon levels being what they are is simply unethical, marvel is just doing what they can to avoid encouraging it

Shouldn't Marvel encourage nuking India then?

>Forgetting ASM 400