The Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service in London, England...

>The Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service in London, England, have decided to do away with the Fireman Sam mascot because he wasn’t “inclusive enough”. Sam is being replaced with three “gender-neutral” fire hydrants.

>“Firefighters nationally and residents locally have raised some concerns that ‘Fireman Sam’ doesn’t reflect the fire service today, in terms of both the job itself and our workforce.” ‘It’s important to us that our open days and community events don’t make anyone feel excluded and therefore we took this decision. ‘We always make sure that we include plenty of activities and other ways to engage children and adults, to help them learn more about fire safety and a firefighter’s role.”

Goodbye old friend.

metro.co.uk/2019/09/11/fireman-sam-axed-lincolnshire-fire-rescue-male-10720805/

Attached: PRI_84229372.jpg (540x388, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tDtlJU8e8v8
youtube.com/watch?v=CsLhNxzwK1Y
itv.com/thismorning/coming-out-helplines
youtube.com/watch?v=wqnNURx3Y6Q
bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970
youtube.com/watch?v=XR5XjzXlFRQ
metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/labour-voters-party-members-middle-class-remainers-10004961/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depressing

Why are people having a problem because the characters mail? I have a burning building was on fire the last thing I would want is to try to be carried out by a woman over the shoulder down some flights of stairs

>characters mail
Postman Pat

Famous and well-known is this character? Is it like a smoky the bear type character here in the states?

I like the first thread that tried to start political shit over this but no one knew what OP was talking about

Imagine replacing a male fireman with phallic objects in order to feminise the show

LMAO

Jesus fuck, the absolute state of London. I'm just praying for the day where it stops embarrassing itself for five minutes.

Somewhat, yes.

They were using him as a recruitment mascot. They're trying to get more women to join up, and some (overpaid) researcher no doubt told them FireMAN Sam was an outdated term that was putting women off from joining up. Apparently they'd reconsider if they renamed him Firefighter Sam.

See
How many women can carry someone out of a burning building?

Why and when the fuck did London become so politically correct over the last 10 years or so?

There is a reason around the world why women don’t want to become firefighters. They just don’t want to do it. It’s not like people telling them not to they just don’t think it’s a job they would like

>Firefighter Sam
Yeah, that just rolls off the tongue. Just swap all references to "fireman sam" with "firefighter sam" and the great theme still totally works.
youtube.com/watch?v=tDtlJU8e8v8

Bunch of cunts.

women and liberals will ruin everything if given enough time

youtube.com/watch?v=CsLhNxzwK1Y

Attached: 1553551596512.jpg (860x666, 133K)

UK needs it's own 9-11. Even if we have to listening to them whine about it for the next 20 years

Attached: IMG_20190903_231127.jpg (714x953, 44K)

Labour have been slowly turning into a new liberal party for entitled middle-class people who want power they won't get if they join the Lib Dems since at least the 80s. As such they've picked up the identity politics bug from the Americans via universities *fast*. This has only accelerated under Corbyn.

Yes, because we all know there are no obnoxious sjws controlling human resources and social media departments in America.

There’s been more terror attacks in Europe than in the U.S. by now.

number of death is still way under 9/11

>it's real

Now this really feels like they're reaching for something to get triggered over and pat themselves on the back for "fixing."

It was a preschooler show.

Stop using logic or I might call a bigoted sexist.

Fuck, Fireman Sam was my childhood. Why replace him when they could have placed the other 2 firefighters(one is a retard, the other is a woman) a that work with him into the forefront?

You just know someone's gonna lewd the hydrants
>Select all images with a fire hydrant
Heh

>blue, red and yellow fire extinguishers called Freddy, Filbert and Penelope.
>gender neutral
How are they gender neutral if they have gendered names?
Also relax OP, the TV shows still on, fireman Sam just won't be used in the ads

Wait, are they implying that we can't use humans in media anymore, since having one of them, and not all of them, is exclusionary?
We can only use characters that "represents" no one?

Yup. Because not everyone can have something, nobody gets to have it. Try to keep up.

>not wanting a woman to carry you
itv.com/thismorning/coming-out-helplines

only because you refuse to count white people doing it as terrorism

I guess you could say he was

let go

Attached: MSB_S1_E10_046.jpg (720x480, 48K)

Standard and Practices.
youtube.com/watch?v=wqnNURx3Y6Q

Fireman Sam is the greatest cultural export of Wales, though I'm confused about the 'controversy' surrounding this. A regional fire service... had Fireman Sam as a mascot... and decided to remove the mascot his relevance has become strained.
What I didn't gather is 'Fireman Sam is cancelled', 'no more new Fireman Sam', etc - which is what people appear to be claiming.

Do you have a loisence for that hose?

Not only carrying someone but carrying your average obese as fuck londoner, both of them will die being burnes to a crisp

>portrays firemen not only as efficient but friendly and community oriented
>but he's a man so fuck him
I hate this. Can women really identify more with sentient fire hydrants than fireman Sam?

Literally who?

Bitch I will start fires if it means a strong muscular woman would carry me out

Sam's definitely an icon. Has been since his debut in '87- most young firemen aren't afraid to admit that their hero growing up was Sam. Same could be said of Postman Pat, really.

Of course, nowadays interest in such shows have waned- funnily enough it began to set in around the time they switched from stopmotion to full 3d. Which could also be said of Thomas the Tank Engine, though that wasn't stop motion.

Probably because the shows came off as being less wholesome and lost their charms.

About time. I can't tell you how many women I know who have said 'yknow, I'd love to be a firefighter, but that chauvinistic pig fireman Sam put me off'
I also know tons of women who chose not to be FBI agents because of the MEN in Black, chose not to be postal workers because of postMAN pat, and chose not to be autistic NEETs because of MR.bean

Actual voting demographics says otherwise

>metro.co.uk
stop falling for retarded clickbait you horrid retarded mongrel op

bbc.com/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-49661970

It's like said, but the whole PC-Push massively escalated the moment Sadiq Khan took over as Mayor.

In other news, he's wasting money on Babby Drumpf blimps and spending millions on holidays and beach parties while the Human Debris that is London's populace run around stabbing one another, whereupon he refuses to take the blame for the fact that his notably anti-police stance has escalated the rate of knife crimes and instead cries about how the Police should do more with the reduced funds they've had for the past few years.

BASED arsonist

This is a dumb thing to be upset about. Stop.

I don't know about the UK but in America Fire Departments are more tied to tradition than some Hasidic Jewish communities.
The oldest continuously operating light bulb in the world is Ina California Fire House.
If they tried to drop Smokey there would be blood

>.

Attached: norman.png (776x753, 440K)

Smokey had often changed here and there though. I bet he's big with gays anyway.

>get wet when you plug it
>enjoy dog pissing on them all day long
probably.

Wow. A virgin.

youtube.com/watch?v=XR5XjzXlFRQ

LONDON

REDDIT ALERT
REDDIT ALERT
REDDIT ALERT

When he hears the fire bell chime
Fireman sam is a hate crime
Putting on his coat and hat
He gets replaced just like that

But now he's off the scene
Fireman Sam
Replaced by a machine
Fireman Sam
but you can't ignore
Sam was the hero next door!

Driven off the busy streets
Protested in people's tweets
Someone could be in a jam
So hurry, bring back Fireman Sam!

He should be on the scene
Fireman Sam
England is a fucking meme
Fireman Sam
Fred and Phil we ignore
Sam IS the hero next door!

As an average leftist, I am deeply offended by the three fire hydrants. I have colour blindness and as such cannot differentiate between them. As a result I have been diagnosed with PTSD. I demand they be replaced by a grey cube so everyone can be included.

Cubes have sharp edges you mong. Do you want gangs of yoofs to stab people with the corners?

A 'bear' running through the woods, all topless and shit. Whoo, heeeeeeeeey!

surely Anthony Hopkins, Tom Jones, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Michael Sheen and the Doctor Who revival (and Torchwood) rate higher as Welsh exports?

Probably, but none of those are really known for being Welsh, just 'British'. At least to the same extent as Sam.

fair point, I suppose Super Ted is worth a mention too

what a bunch of fags

LONDON

ORLY?
metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/labour-voters-party-members-middle-class-remainers-10004961/

I think it's time for another Blitz

how the fuck is a fire hydrant going to stop a house fire
niggas need hoses and shit to throw water at the fire

the fuck a hydrant gonna do without hands
spit on the flames?

Perhaps some sort of doughy grey lump could be used.
Is Lena Dunham doing anything these days?

>mommmm all the virgins are assaulting me and raping me online help help help all the virgins are there! helllllp

Those blimps were privately funded, you fucking cretin. Everything else you said is just utter shit.

Lincolnshire isn't in London, you fucking idiots.

If it means killing off the godawful cgi show, then I’m all for it.

Touched for the very first time.

If only someone had thought to introduce a female collegue of Fireman Sam about 30 years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess.

I lived in Lincolnshire for a couple of years, it's a dull, irrelevent place in the sticks with nothing of importance going on, so this 'news' is ultimately meaningless.

>Labour is basically becoming the UK's Democratic Party
>The Tories are gradually turning back into their old selves after years of Thatcherism

UK politics is in an interesting place right now.

Please...be a troll, please, please...

Yea, maybe read the data itself instead of the article

Attached: F06FF24F-D946-4EFC-9C1E-D29C1B8C9F97.png (1024x642, 43K)

(me)
Forgot to mention that the data said that labour was filled with middle class Remainers but the article was spinning it as labour being the party of THE middle class.

What is more closer to reality is that neither party was the middle class party but along other lines like leave/remain or age. And the working class participation in election is way lower than the middle class.

Soon to be replaced by "Postbox Pam"

Britain can't Brexit quick enough