"The Batman" (2021) Casting Info

The studio wants and looking for the most diverse cast as possible. Just such a strategy for future films in general. Some characters are waiting for changes in the images. For example, as with the Black Canary in Birds of Prey movie.Reeves himself had to refuse some preferences(like Vanessa Kirby).So...

Catwoman. WOC type.No latinas.Fancastings excluded(Gonzalez,de Armas,Hudgens).
Names in the list(not all): Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nathalie Emmanuel,Vanessa Morgan.Also Zazie Beetz was mentioned but it is unlikely to happen.Zoe Kravitz did not pass. WB wants to offer Rihanna a different role in the future(Poison Ivy).And yes the character will also be WOC type.

James Gordon. Yes, Reeves wanted to see Mahershala Ali but Marvel with Blade were faster.And Ali himself initiated the deal. Jamie Foxx and Giancarlo Esposito as alternatives.
They also claim for other roles. If the deal takes place then Barbara Gordon character in the future will definitely be also WOC.

As for the rest of the Batman rogues.There are no casting restrictions.The list has no boundaries.

Attached: 2019.05.17-11.30-boundingintocomics-5cde9b4321565.png (750x400, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aY4qd4xYd8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dislike it when white characters are recast as black

Jesus fucking Christ, they gave up Jeremy Irons and JK Simmons for this

Have you tried not being racist today??

It’s okay to be white

>Catwoman. WOC type.No latinas.
>No latinas
That's racist.
>Barbara Gordon character in the future will definitely be also WOC.
STOP BLACKDIRTYING AND NIGGERING MY GINGERS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1517545599919.jpg (320x240, 14K)

>WOC Type
>No Latinas
>Wanted Kravitz

Just be open and say you want a mixed-race actress for God's sake.

Isn't this supposed to be in the DCEU?
You can't just make Gordon black.
What, did he have vitiligo?

>dc will make a movie about a white guy beating and fucking black people
Source: OP's ass

Eartha Kitt is the greatest Cat Woman of all time so whatever make her black it doesn't matter, but Rihanna can fucking die in a ditch that bitch can't act for shit

Jamie Foxx is indicative of a terrible movie, always has been. If he's actually in the running to be cast then this will just up an kill the Batman franchise all together which is fine by me maybe they'll actually have to try and write some good comics for once instead of the stale barf they've been pushing for the last 15 years.

DCEU doesn't exist anymore

fuck

>The studio wants and looking for the most diverse cast as possible. Just such a strategy for future films in general.
Why are they such cucks?

>Nathalie Emmanue
she's gorgeous

What about Collateral?

??

It's the jewish agenda, it's important to normalise the idea of a 'super diverse population' because of globalism, ie the eradication of national and ethnic identity, with an exception for jews of course.

If you utter anything negative about israel or zionism you are a dirty antisemite.

...and dropped.

Except when a hwyte woman is recast as black. That's hit as hell.

Catwoman is the only one i can except as black because she has been portrayed that way in the past. she must have short hair hepburn style. Everything else is shit, from the blackwashing of ginger characters to the overexposure of mulattos. The only other batman villian i can see as black would be two face due to the scrapped billy dee casting.

>Catwoman is the only one i can except as black because she has been portrayed that way in the past

So would it be a problem if they did it to Gordon now, if it's only okay if they've done it before? By your own logic says once it's done, it's okay to do it in the future.

now no, now they'll draw attention the fact they're black, back in the day the characters were written as if it was completely normal they were just acting a part not acting a black part. that's the only reason it's kind of ok for cat woman to be black now, it was already done well.

i guarantee you they'll push black gordon as getting shit cuz he's black instead of angry "turn in your badge mendoza" normal black cop from the 80's.

that shit doesn't fucking belong in super hero movies, especially DC, race baiting was always Marvel fag territory DC would have just had everyone be treated normally regardless the way it should be.

i just dont see gordon as black its that simple. if they wanted a black cop character then cast aaron cash or crispus allen and dont make montaya an old hag . catwoman has been black multiple time and it can fit her character so its fine.

TLDR, muh identity politics

Every fucking time it's you fuckers whining about the same imaginary thing.

How is it not simple? Black people are cops too.

Sauce or GTFO with the race baiting nonsense.

Attached: 81mEYNS9ySL._SL1500_.jpg (1051x1500, 144K)

>black Catwoman
>black Ivy
>black Gordon

At this point they should just go all in for muh diversity and make Batman black too

Black Babs...

Just end it already. Make Superman Chinese, The Flash Indian and Green Arrow Mexican.

If they end up doing Birds Of Prey v Gotham City Sirens

>Batgirl - Black

>Black Canary - Black

>Huntress - White

>Harley Quinn - White

>Catwoman - Black

>Poison Ivy - Black

What a shitshow.

This. Not supporting it anymore at all. I'm done with these people.

You could say the same for the people randomly racebending and genderbending characters. How can you complain about the people responding to what the identity politik obsessed studios do?

>WAAAAH NON-WHITE PEOPLE EXIST AND GET ACTING JOBS
>No one questions OP's lack of source.

Still wishing Moot had shut this site down before leaving.

Kalergi plan.

>wah people say things I don't like
You could just leave, faggot.

mark my words within 10 years they will have a movie with an entirely race- and gender-bent cast inverting timeless classic characters for the sake of it

I’m sure your voice will be heard and will be the tipping point that brings the fall of Hollywood

Attached: 9FAEA05A-9BB1-4D20-9724-CA92A036F11F.jpg (528x395, 32K)

>wah black people in movies

You could just not watch these movies, retard

See you at the premier, user! My turn to buy the popcorn!

Harvey Dent was black in Batman 89, we would have had a black Two Face earlier than the Lego Batman Movie.

Randomly? Its been a thing forever, and complaining just got a "shut up nerd." or "I dont care." until it became trendy to bitch about it by the politically obsessed.

>James Gordon. Yes, Reeves wanted to see Mahershala Ali
Great, just completely change an iconic character. Why don't they just make a new chief of police who is black instead?

yea and why no latinas? that was....shocking? why cant catwoman be latina?

>Why don't they just make a new chief of police who is black instead?
>Having an issue with black police chiefs
t. Underage

>because she has been portrayed that way in the past
but if that is the case, then what about setting the same precident for other characters that was set for catwoman? im sure people were just as mad when eartha played her

Cool, do what they want. I just won't watch. No big deal.

>No Latinas
This has to be a joke right? Selina is Latina by fucking canon and dont give me that she is italian/greek bullshit she still latin and you know it how the fuck are they so ignorant about 1 character's story? i will never know.

Attached: superman-facepalm-300x169.jpg (300x169, 18K)

great idea user, i'd love to see kenan on film

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (600x905, 138K)

My body is ready

Attached: Nathalie.webm (1920x800, 2.99M)

Attached: 09af0fd12310f2b2122591ede8d2c44c.jpg (1386x2585, 316K)

Dilate

Would you complain if they recast Black Panther as a fair skinned Asian?

Cat woman is fine, I can even get behind commissioner Gordon if Barbra wasn’t mentioned, but I really wanted to se ginger Barbra on screen. Oh well. I hope they can at least act the character.

>Chinese Superman
user, I have some bad news for you.

>They should make Batman black.
user, I...

Well considering part of the lore of Black Panther is their heritage and culture tied to Wakanda. So yeah it would bother me and if it were to happen that they race swap t’challah then I would just not see the movie instead of being a shit bag baby bitch and complain on the internet.

Do I really give a a fuck if a police Chief or burglar who dresses up as a Cat is race mixed? No because their race and skin color literally has nothing to do with the character or the over all plot.

See user, it’s not that hard to use critical thinking skills to form an opinion. :)

Attached: 828E9440-D039-4DF4-BB36-48F871B934D2.jpg (535x405, 50K)

Kek

>DCEU doesn't exist anymore
>Wonder Woman movie with Bruce Wayne
>Aquaman mentioning Justice League
>Shazam reference all DCEU heroes
>Black Adam movie with Hawkman

I'm getting less and less excited about this movie.

>Black Gordon
DENZEL
DENZEL
DENZEL
DENZEL
youtube.com/watch?v=aY4qd4xYd8c

Attached: 9E0F5E1C-6818-4866-9BDC-C7D4EDD80D76.jpg (624x800, 65K)

Fucking Jarhead man

Fuck outta here with that nonsense

>your new Catwoman, bro

i hope

Attached: image.png (765x433, 280K)

You can sit there and pretend all you like that this shit hasn't completely ruined the site

You can, and I can laugh at you for being a delusional pea-brained homunculus

Wow you got a source for this? Cuz as far as i can tell it's just bullshit pandering to Yea Forums's inherent racism

>we could have had Vanessa Kirby as Black Canary
God dammit is she fun to look at

Django Unchained

She has to look good in a tight black suit
And I like her

Attached: 740full-brittany-schussler.jpg (740x1151, 62K)

Because comic book Selina is actually half-Cuban and if these movies have anything even close to comic book accurate all the producers will melt into goo.

BLERGH, IF they change Barbara Gordon from Ginger to Ni gger, I'm not watching it.

Selina should always have short hair t ho.

He is old, Jim.
Too Old.

>Can only accept race-bended characters, if they were race-bended before

I can see Black (not just Mixed Hollywood Producers) Catwoman, too. But, why if a minority actor is good, that not be acceptable now in a different interpretation?

I didn't know this. Red pill me?

>Female thief is black
>Ineffectual law enforcement is black
>City needs to be saved by an able-bodied straight white man

Secretly based and red pilled

Nah, unless Jim's around the same age as Bruce in this?

It’s just made up bullshit. Complete with the same meme actors.

let me give you a speedrun on things, Ancient indians>greeks=rome=byzantine+other mixes=Latin

>tied to Wakanda.
Wakanda is fictional user. There's literally nothing in Black Panthers backstory that necessitates him being black. ;-)

We seem to be in agreement.

>it was always a thing
>and so was complaining
>but now I think it's different cause it's now

Nah faggots and men in dresses in conjunction with shills ruined this place.

You're likely at least one of the three if you disagree.

Are you retarded? Do you say "Latinx" unironically?

Are they rebooting the entire DCCU or just batman for some retarded reason?

read a book.

Just Batman.

How about you read a comic and stop headcanoning random shit?

>Rihanna as Ivy
>Another red head turns black
STOP THIS!

With Jews you lose

The Batman?

More like

the Wiz

Disgusting. Dropped.

Attached: DC - PoC edition.jpg (333x499, 51K)

Go get drunk, Tony.

Attached: 1555909242111.jpg (765x1200, 917K)

Just make every character black.

Selina's mom was Cuban.

Attached: catmom.png (490x392, 305K)

as long as she's attractive and can act thats fine. I wouldn't even need her to be athletic as that would mostly be done stunt double

giving a bit too much power to the director who made two talking monkey movies.
i liked the talking monkey movies but...come on

>mfw i know they'll make every character but Batman black because that would doom it's revenue

Attached: 1437198415168.jpg (719x719, 62K)

I know this is bait, but let’s go ahead and poke holes in your argument because It doesn’t matter if Wakanda is fictional or not.

Wakanda is located in Marvels Africa and its entire existence revolves around this tribe like society evolving into a afrofuturistic technological wonderland.

So yeah, it sort of requires him to be black considering the Black Panther mantle is handed down the royal blood line of Wakandan King’s dating back to the inception of this fictional country.

There’s times race bending is fine and there are times race bending isn’t required. It isn’t required when a character is deeply rooted in their race or their race is literally the character exists.

If you can’t understand why comparing Commissioner Gordon to Black Panther is asinine, then have fun being a dumb ass.

Wakanda could be located in North Africa. There, no blacks. Also, let me guess; you were A-OK with black Achilles & Zeus in BBC's Troy?

Character's race is already part of their identity. You can't change that. End of fucking story.

I've wanted to play Selina since I was a little girl, but I want to be Batman Returns' Selina, and she's nothing like comic selina

Just say Barbara isn't his bio daughter, problem solved

Is Reeve's Batman set in the 80s or 90s, or are they somehow rebooting Batman and nothing else?

fuck off weirdo

>The studio wants and looking for the most diverse cast as possible
And this is why I barely consume American entertainment anymore.
No more capes for me, USA.

Drown in your shitty PoC propaganda and die.

I wonder if "redheads turned into black girls" will eventually become a mainstream meme, on like Twitter or something.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x360, 165K)

Doubt so.
That shit gets buried hard as soon as someone tries to talk about it.

Fuck off back to /pol/

Have you tried not going to Metafilter today?

I literally haven't paid to see a movie in theaters since Avatar.

So then you'd be okay with changing the race of Jim Rhodes, Blade, Jon Stewart, Monica Rambeau, Bronze Tiger, Black Manta, Spawn, Amanda Waller, Cyborg, etc.?

None of their races matter.

I will tolerate a black Catwoman IF they adapt her suit to contrast like they should have done with Domino.
Give is a white/grey Catwoman suit like TAS.

Attached: 221991d1f9c21c99042f2e6fedfd0ba9.jpg (1051x1316, 102K)

You can't have a black rapist. Black Gordon wouldn't fly today.

trips of truth homie, thanks for taking my briefcase

I bet Idris Elba could knock it out of the park as Alfred.

wheres the source?