Was it any good?

Was it any good?

Attached: Super-mario-bros-super-show-2.jpg (400x300, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXs5tXqeKok
youtube.com/watch?v=nSzP7d02maY
youtube.com/watch?v=HHojRrVEATE
youtube.com/watch?v=wJSVSLwCzT0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=68WhfBYqj70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, This version of mario treated you like you were his own bro and never EVER talked down to you, even tried to teach you things. Virgin Mario in the vidya is not a nice person at all and teaches bad things to children like violence towards animals and drug abuse. compare him to the chad Cartoon Mario he is just evil incarnate.

it's mostly just weird koopa and toad themed movie parodies

It was okay. Not perfect, but it had it's own charm. With a rap theme song and lots of pasta jokes, it's certainly an experience. lol

I always liked how mario always tried to get you to join in with him. Swing ur ahms syde 2 syde c'mon erybody lets do tha mario.

Ah, the Mario. Good times. Good times...

Yes, now fuck off.

what would mario say if he heard you talking like that?

It was fun, extremely janky but fun
Live action parts made me wish for a more grounded Seinfield Mario Bros show

SWING

superior Mario cartoon coming through

Attached: Supermario3tv.jpg (384x260, 32K)

And remember, if you do drugs, you go the Hell before you die.

YOUR

youtube.com/watch?v=GXs5tXqeKok

Mr.Enter and Doug Walker hates it

Live-action parts are great. Cartoon parts suck.

I WANT MY FEET LICKED

No it was always the most awkward 4 minutes of kids programming I can remember.

The only reason to watch this show was to see the preview for the Legend of Zelda that would be shown at the end of the week.

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, user

But Dobson thinks it's better than mainline Mario

That's generally how you know it's good

ARMS

FROM

SIDE

God I wish that were me

Nothing. He'd also tell you to fuck off.

Eh, fuck you, Luigi.

It was alright.
A lotta pop culture parodies, and a lotta pasta jokes.
Fun in its own way.
Sprouted a shit ton of YTPs of course.

Also this.
youtube.com/watch?v=nSzP7d02maY

Mario, look what I made!

Live action scenes? Legit good.

I wish the live action segments had been their own separate show.
A Mario Bros. Sitcom would have been incredible.

Attached: tumblr_n96rrohjFZ1ro8ysbo1_400.gif (400x301, 311K)

Man I always wondered what that alligator thing was in the games. I guess eventually that could've been a stand in for Yoshi.

at the time, it was fucking amazing.

Not even the weirdest guest star.
youtube.com/watch?v=HHojRrVEATE

>that one episode where you see a big closeup of the Princess's bare feet

Attached: donaldboner.jpg (304x593, 27K)

>Cyndi Lauper
Not even remotely weird, since she was pals with Mario IRL.
Personally I loved the Elvira cameos, too.

>since she was pals with Mario IRL.
Wasn't Captain Lou her manager?

I unironically adore the live action segments. It's hard to describe, but there's this weird charm to the shorts that makes them really fun to watch as their own thing.

Attached: oh brotha.png (474x348, 275K)

Honestly I dunno, but they also did the Goonies theme music video together.

“Well you see luigi. When a paisono sticks his spaghetti noodle into a mama mia’s ravioli, a little bambito covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later.”

I liked the live action parts more than the cartoon.

The Marios 'R' Good Enough.

I love it. It's fucking awful but I love it. I mainly just love how off the rails it goes and how janky the animation is, but some elements like parts of the voice work and soundtrack I unironically enjoy.

Doesn't Cyndi hate "Good Enough" because of how they forced her to tie it to that movie?

Also had no idea. Shame really, it's an iconic part of a lot of childhoods, wouldn't be surprised if it kicked her career up a bit, too.

Possibly the single best example of a "so cheesy it's good" cartoon.

I liked the live-action segments better than the cartoons for some reason

Club Mario notwithstanding.

I didn't find out about that until much later, desu, never got to see it. I didnt really watch the Mario show on tv but on vhs tapes my dad rented, and they only had the Danny Wells and based Captain Albano episodes

Harvey Atkin is an amazing voice actor who was also good in Heavy Metal and does excellent as Koopa.

Be fortunate. Those shorts were so awful, even DiC regretted them and buried all the footage.

The only stuff I remember were the live action segments, and the theme song.

This turned 30 years old last week.

its a beautiful homebrew of Mario

>YOU CAN GO TO HELL BEFORE YOU DIE

Always preferred the Zelda cartoons myself.

Well, EXCUUUUUuUUUUUUUuuUUSE ME, Princess!

Those were pretty fun.

I'll take arrogant douche Link.

Since that gives him actual characterization.

She's kind of warmed up to it in the past decade because of the fans' nostalgia, but Cyndi wouldn't perform the song or put it on albums for the longest time.

>Captain Lou visits the plumbing shop
>Mario is absent for the whole time and ends up missing him

Watch your language!

was there really any difference between these two? i get them mixed up so often. what was the point in making a new series that's exactly the same as the one before?

Super Show was based off of Mario 1 & 2 and every episode was typically a movie parody. 3 featured the Mario 3 enemies and the Koopalings and had a more traditional kids action cartoon structure. World also had the Koopalings as the bad guys but was set on a stone age island and sucked ass.

Attached: tumblr_p8w4dirPB31w9tbt8o1_400.gif (400x257, 1.41M)

Holy shitballs I always forget about the God-awful cave fucks from that show. What a rotten piece of ass they were, every time they showed up on the screen they made me wish I was looking at a hogs asshole instead! What were they thinking?

Attached: AVGN realization.gif (200x151, 1.72M)

Still better than Club Mario.

Smart idea with perfect fucking execution

Did anyone ever do the Mario?

World was also clearly the cheapest, lowest budget, lowest effort of them all too. Things just looked bad to weird in that show.

I also hated how they changed all the voice actors in Mario world

I liked the episode that had Bowsette

Attached: 1538030621216.jpg (1194x900, 117K)

I like this Mario more than the one everyone knows from the video games.

Attached: 1564182728397.jpg (500x500, 39K)

My first grade class in 1992 did when the teacher played a Super Mario Bros Super Show VHS one day

Attached: 0aaglzz4ffl01.png (425x570, 207K)

this. I still like to think Captain Lou is the canon voice for mario.What an absolute bro

Neat

>source material has 8 themed fantasy worlds
>returns to the real world every other episode
I've only seen 3 episodes as a kid, so I had no idea "the real world" was a thing in this cartoon until now.

It sounds like a song your weird uncle would make up on the spot for a kid's Mario themed birthday party.

>Super Mario World Cartoon
DIZ EES A VOLCAYNO!

How does it feel that you'll never ever watch an episode of Super Mario Super Show with the original copyrighted music in each episode?

I liked it because it was the most attention Mario 2's setting got outside of Mario 2.

The cartoons based of Mario 3 and Mario World sucked.

Attached: 1351351.jpg (1418x1080, 220K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wJSVSLwCzT0&feature=youtu.be

AND THEN AGAIN

He also did the voice of Sam in the Sam and Max cartoon. He died a few years ago, sadly.

Do you know someone who owns a GUN?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

This always pissed me off too. We want a Mario cartoon, we don't fucking want the real world.

>Mario defeats Koo-pone
>becomes a mob boss

This never stood right with me.

I like to imagine the locations of this show is what inspired the boards of Mario Party 2, I mean think about it, they're each are based off a theme, they all have land in the the title, and they each have a different interpretation of Bowser (aka King Koopa)

YOU'LL GO TO HELL BEFORE YOU DIE

a quote: mario mario

Mouser did make a good 2nd in command

>oogtar
What's the opposite of nostalgia?
Like nostalgia but you hated it?
That's how I feel about Oogtar and the SMW cartoon in general.

Not even sure why he was there. There were no cave people in any part of the game. Why make them for the show?

im still amazed Elvira was on the show.
god i miss the 80s

Attached: 1540771303374.jpg (720x960, 62K)

One little mention of SMW taking place in "Dinosaur Land", and DiC assumes it's supposed to be like Flintstones.

the live segments where the best part. It was just a weird wacky comedy.

The best part of the 3 cartoon was how it interpreted the mushroom kingdom as this Escher-esque landscape or blocks and pipes - kind of wish a game would run with that aesthetic

>Nintendo devotes an entire year in Luigi's honor
>Almost as soon as it ends, Danny Wells dies

What a sad way to end the Year of Luigi.

It was the most accurate adaptation in video game history. every other cartoon took some greater liberty with world and character design, and removed things like collectible items

Enter is a literal autistic kid and Doug is a janitor with a degree in communications
What kind of people are you following?

No I think the Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 was the most accurate adaptation in Video Game History, the Super Show was just different Pop Culture and Literature Parodies with Mario Characters in them

Super Show > 3 > World

Super Show was an ambitious project for its time, the cartoon portions are either hit or miss, but the live action segments are always worth it

3 is kinda worse overall and the need to have every episode contain a song was annoying as fuck, but is still decent fodder for a laugh

World is just low-budget shit that's rarely even funny for a laugh and the only good thing it ever did was Mama Luigi

>Remember watching the Mario cartoons on bootleg vhs tapes we made
>Two of the three Marios from my childhood are dead

Attached: Marios.png (634x756, 377K)

The only good part of the Mario World cartoon was the Mama Luigi episode, mostly for the meme factor. But the animation was so poor and so much mistakes, plus Oogtar is one of the most annoying characters I've ever witnessed in a video game cartoon.

Where did you get that? I know Doug made a review of it, but when did Mr. Enter talk about it?

And a Luigi.

I thought everyone who was a kid in 1990 had some weird almost fetish-tier love of this series to the point of angrily attacking anyone who claims to not love it as much

Of course it was. You kinda had to have been there though.

They changed in SMB3 first I'm pretty sure.

And two Bowsers.

These bootleg plushes of the King Koopa from the cartoons have been going around recently and I had to snag one. The quality is remarkable for a bootleg. I like it more than my official Bowser plush. Only real problem is the backwards teeth.

Attached: Koopa.jpg (1600x1600, 301K)

SMB3 was co-produced with some Italian company unlike the other two.

the shell spikes could be thicker

so if you had to choose, what is objectively the best episode of each of the 3 cartoons?

Attached: 1f3.gif (390x339, 83K)

>best episode of all three cartoons
>meaning I have to pick a good episode of World
I can't. World is the worst of SMB3's preachier episodes, but with the worst outsourced Chinese animation mimimal money could buy. It doesn't help that World dragged Captain N down with it.

This is the best moment from 3
youtube.com/watch?v=68WhfBYqj70

Best episode of Super Show is The Unzappables

okay you're right, just pick and choose the best of super show and 3, forcing to choose a good episode of world that isn't called "good" just for spawning memes isn't very fair

Super Show was the first time Mario's last name was said to be Mario. In the beginning of the live action segments for Raiders of the Lost Mushroom, Mario gets a letter from a old sweetheart. As Mario starts to read it, Luigi grabs it and says "Hold it, this is a mistake definitely not for you. There must be another Mario Mario someplace."
I thought I'd bring it up since people often think the movie did it first, as it's laughed at along with the film's criticsim. Only later did Shiggy himself confirm Mario's last name being Mario recently a few years back.

Attached: 1448233319298.jpg (620x450, 45K)