THE BEST solo character Marvel has is now weighed down by a ton of copycats who bring literally nothing new to the table

>THE BEST solo character Marvel has is now weighed down by a ton of copycats who bring literally nothing new to the table
>no more comfy solo Peter adventures
I will never not be mad

Attached: 1568256116548.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

There is like three of them and more.

None of them are anything like Peter. They bring totally different things to the table.

It's hysterical how Marvel is fucking saddled with Miles and they realistically can't get rid of him without being perceived as racist. What happens when a writer's original character donut steel sticks around after the writer has left the company?

Every single adaptation from now on will eventually feel compelled to add Miles at some point, just like uncle Ben, he's now a permanent part of Peter's story, except in a negative light i.e. he's an irremovable stain. Same goes for for the rest of them, but most writers will flock to Miles because of the social brownie points.

>>no more comfy solo Peter adventures
Just say you don't read comics.

>Every single adaptation from now on will eventually feel compelled to add Miles at some point
This. I fucking cringed when I saw both Homecoming and the PS4 games adding him. Miles is not relevant to the Spiderman golden years and his existence undermines what made Peter unique.

>They bring totally different things to the table.
Skin colour and a vagina are not different things.

UMM ... have you tried ... not being racists??!?

A lot of people reduce them to those things, but not me.
Maybe this will help you. Peter is the only one who is Spiderman.

>THE BEST solo character Marvel has is now weighed down by a ton of copycats who bring literally nothing new to the table
Who's a Carol copycat?

Attached: susp-carol.png (329x347, 255K)

I'm not really sure what you're talking about when Spencer's ASM run seems pretty Peter focused

Look I'm like 50 percent certain you're being sarcastic but it is literally the only response to this genuine gripe

It's fucked, every big cover i see always includes miles, event type shit. Pete can't even have that anymore.

The worst aspect of this whole thing is the cartoons. You can't ever have a comics accurate Peter Parker in highschool setting because miles and gwen keep getting shoved in there

Yeah there’s tons of solo Peter stuff. It’d be sad if we didn’t get anymore but far from the end of the world

Miles would be totally tolerable if he stayed in ultimate universe

Have you tried reading his books?

What covers are you talking about? ASM with Spencer is only about Peter.

the big event ones

>THE BEST solo character Marvel has
That's not Iron Man.

>nothing new to the table
Gwen doesn't even have fucking Spider-powers anymore. She's mimicking them with her symbiote. Miles has a sub 200 iq while also having stronger electricity powers and stealth to balance out his abilities.

>Homecoming adding Miles
Fucking where?

Shut up fag your movies make billions of dollars

Reap what you sow entitled bitch

The only relevant Spider in that picture besides Pete is Miles. Parker is out of stories. At this point he has more trash comics than good ones. But he does have one more good story to tell and that's a graceful exit. Luckily Spencer actually had sense and provided just that in the latest issue.

Donald Glover as Aaron Davis talking about his nephew in Homecoming

This jack kirbys peter parker has been redone so many times.

5/10, made me reply.

Basically how I feel about all legacy characters.

Also that if there is a legacy I do like because they’re not all up their namesakes ass, they will be eventually. Some uncreative piece of shit writer will decide the legacy needs to go through the same shit the namesake did and they become as stale as the original who’s been forced to relive their popular arcs over and over themselves.

>troubled young adult struggling with responsibility over their spider-powers
>troubled young adult struggling with responsibility over their spider-powers
Now where have I heard that before

I'd much rather see more BFF adventures with Spiderboy tee bee haitch.

Attached: BFF's.jpg (930x495, 162K)

>Using a Spider-Verse panel to prove your point

Baits used to be more subtle.
All the current books with Peter as the MC right now have him not teaming-up with any other spider-person. Which is ok but also sad since i don't mind them.

>10's - Spider-Verse, Spock, Miles in the 616. Spider-Gwen, Silk, Venom as a hero, etc.
>00's - Araña? Spider-Totems? A few more Spider-Women/Girls? If this was where you started I see your point.
>90's - Clones, Symbiotes, 2099, Spider-Womans, etc...

There’s no reason to get rid of him. I don’t see why so many people want this. I agree that legacy characters suck, but he’s moved a bit beyond that at this point.

Wait, Donald Glover was the Prowler? Huh.

>tfw we might never have comfy Peter adventures knowing that this fucker will return and fuck everything up as usual

Attached: Venom_Vol_4_11_Textless.jpg (791x1200, 830K)

People who think of peter as a high schooler don't read comics.

Just read Amazing Spider-Man

Tell me why he needs to exist.

AHEM

Attached: 71b1223d4a971d5b804a31ecb5c850b02851d96br1-2048-1584v2_hq.jpg (1024x792, 149K)

Attached: CHEESE..png (488x496, 431K)

Why does any comic character need to exist?

Except Batman was a solo character for a year, before Robin was introduced, the current extent of the Bat-family is ridiculous but the situation was expanded rather than overhauled. In contrast Peter has been a solo character for fifty years before they decided he needs sidekicks.

The basis of Peter's story is depicting an everyman grappling with the responsibility of getting superpowers

I wonder if Batfags in the 40s felt like this when Robin was introduced

"Batfags" didn't exist back then, Batman was a literally who for the one year he worked solo, introducing Robin doubled his sales

Robin is pushed less frequently across Batman adaptations than Miles is in Spider-Man adaptations.

Oh man you remember that comic where robin only exists because Batman dies in his prime and dick replaced him as Batman wholesale? That was quality writing right there, or how about the one where bat Selina exists as an exile from her own universe where Bruce became a school shooter? Wow the neon white costume that’s used for stealth really makes up for that writing

>You can't ever have a comics accurate Peter Parker in highschool setting because miles and gwen keep getting shoved in there
Gwen has an excuse as she was Peter’s first love or whatever, but adding Miles in these cartoons is always weird as hell because he’s canonically wayyyy younger, and people never seem to figure out what age they want him to be.

I’ve honestly disliked how they’ve retconned Gwen into being met in high school. They meet in college and the whole point of the relationship is that it isn’t puppy love, it’s literally two people who found each other and got summarily taken away from each other

Shes a shazam copycat

user, billy-carol is just a Yea Forums meme

One copycat stands superior to the rest

Attached: superior-spider-man-1-1132440.jpg (900x1338, 130K)

That’s a whole nother’ problem.
Marvel is so obsessed with keeping Peter young, that they think his best stories were in high school, when in fact, most people would tell you that Peter’s better moments took place in college.
College was when he had Gwen, Harry, Flash, and MJ. People just romanticize high school so much that it ends up retconning Peter’s college friends’ ages as well.
Adding in Miles in these high school AUs becomes a really fucking surreal.

>Crying about Miles being in everything
>Doesn't realize Peter still has like 3 other solo books and how Pete and Miles never really crossover
Yea Forums really doesn't read comics

That’s the basis of a ton of characters stories, hardly limited to just Spiderman

>Robin is pushed less frequently across Batman adaptations than Miles is in Spider-Man adaptations.
I hope you are a patological liar, otherwise you are just a retard.

They had a nice little crossover in friendly neighborhood that was summarily ruined for me before I even read it by miles fags. And we’re talking about the shows and movies and games user

>he needs sidekicks
Except he doesn't have any. Read a book, before replying out of company loyalism, dear DCfag.

>And we’re talking about the shows and movies and games user
>Games and movies where Miles appear: one for each
>thread start with a comic panel

Oh yes, the goalposts.

the sad part is tha the major part is missing from this spread, and none of them are from an AU.

You mean the goal post that’s constantly moved to justify miles inclusion into the franchise? Come on user don’t let this turn into a shit fight this early in the morning

>And he moves them again
Like a clockwork.

>inclusion into the franchise?
What franchise, faggot?

But ANYONE can be Spider-Man. Haven't you heard, OP?
EVERYONE needs their own Spider-Person to represent them!!!
We have to be inclusive about everything, don't want to leave ANYONE out.

OP, replying to your own thread is kind of sad.

Into peters franchise you mong, you know the franchise he stole the first animated movie of? How about the fact that he was included in life story where Felica wasn’t? Or the fact that every single cartoon released since his inception is forcing him into it? This “spider family” bullshit goes against what peter stood for initially and the biggest problem is that Miles hasn’t added anything other than annoyances since his inception into 616

Dilate

>Look! He was featured in an animated movie! And Spider-Man life story, where almost everyone was featured in!

Yeah, he "stole" the Peter franchise. I keep seeing him in the live act- oh no. But in ASM, he is alwas th- oh nope.
Look like you just want an excuse to be mad, which is okey, giving how much of a worthless retard you are.

all three of them are about him teaming up with nobody strong wyman who are all super competent, strong and serious compared to him, he is more of a side character in his own comic only there to be comedy relief.
thanks to feminism guys can't even be heroes in their own comic anymore.

>Using Yea Forums memes
Yeah i wouldn't expect less from a mongoloid like you, OP.

God, you aren't even trying. Shitty troll. But hey, you made me reply. So there is the (You) you crave for, idiot.

I feel like everything that was cool about Spider-Man has been taken away over the years.
The story can't be about the struggle of Peter Parker anymore because "muh white guys are all super privileged and can't feel depressed bigot", Peter can't be a smart guy anymore because "are you sexist bigot, girls need more positive science role models not boys", he can't date hot women anymore because "ever heard about the male gaze you creep!", Spider-Man can't be a respected member of the avengers because "great another white guy taking the spotlight away from women and pocs, WE NEED MORE STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST IN CHARGE OF MARVEL NOT ANOTHER WHITE GUY"
So all that is left for Spider-Man to do is make terrible, crinchy jokes and either get beaten up or saved by other more female characters.
The last two issues were hardly about peter but a group of feminist super villains crying about the patriarchy. They easily defeated him and the final conflict of the story was also resolved by them, while peter got beaten up twice and had to be rescued by them in the end.

Clean your dilator. Disinfect it.
Then dilate for your second session.

got you are not even trying. Shitty sjw shill. But hey, you made me reply. So there is the (You) you crave for, idiot.

why so that he can be ordered around by his race mixing sister and has no agency of his own or even plans to defeat bad guy?

gotta destroy and replace all those white male characters somehow user, white boys are not allowed to have anything for themselves

Attached: 1559696167744.jpg (468x418, 49K)

>Every single adaptation from now on will eventually feel compelled to add million of spider-people to it and underline the message that peter parker is nobody special, actually comics already go out of their way to point out that miles and gwen are both far better at his job them him because you know "lol white boys suck, the future is female and brown biggot"

Agreed. So much Spidey shit has oversaturated the brand and market. Seriously there’s like 8 spider women now. Maybe not 8 but definitely more than 5.

>Peter
>Miggy
>Captain Britain/Spider-Man
>May Parker
>Cosmic Spidey
These are the only appropriate Spideys

>Seriously there’s like 8 spider women now
and they all have the same character trades.
they all act like the generic "strong, independent woman who needs no man"

>but most writers will flock to Miles because of the social brownie points.
>flock to Miles for brownie points
I see what you did there

Exactly, I can only read the same story so many times. In the past when they had no ideas they would add a new villain or give someone a new costume. Now they just make a minority or female a different version of your favorite character.

Reminder
Sony's gonna make this shit way worse.
The only heroes/anti-heroes they own are
The Spider-versers, Spider-clones, Prowler, night-whatever, Man-wolf, Morbius, Venom, Agent Venom.
They already announced they are working on 5 to 6 shows.
It's gonna be a nightmare.
Peter is erased.

I forgot they also own that team that wears peter's fake indenties costumes.

>he was in life story
>where almost everyone was featured
>except for the woman who showed peter that he’ll never find happiness as spiderman

Look I get it you’re hip and woke but Miles haphazard addition to this whole thing never sat right with me. And his literal nothing addition to his own book even compounds that. So go fuck your self bendis and go ruin Superman like you tried to with spiderman

being a woke, male feminist who is super into social justice doesn't give you much room to tell stories.
earlier this year a miles comic was about him helping illegal alliens getting into the country.
last week marvel released a standalone spider-man book which was about the same shit.
I expect gwen to do the same before this year is over.

What's the basis of Miles' story

What fucking run are you talking about that makes light of Peter's struggle?

theres plenty of solo peter stories

There may even be more now that Spiderman is back with Sony

Good grief

I find it insulting to Peter that people say his premise is what makes him unique and not that his premise was done well.

>no more comfy Peter adventures
Here you go

That our heroes aren’t infallible and can’t solveball of our problems for us.

>earlier this year a miles comic was about him helping illegal alliens getting into the country.
>last week marvel released a standalone spider-man book which was about the same shit.
>I expect gwen to do the same before this year is over.
What in the goddamn fuck?

They don't read read Peter comics, they read miles morale comics and event comics.

Attached: Dick_Gumshoe_Portrait_3.png (340x510, 218K)

And he tells that story by being an infallible hero who solves all our problems for us

I cracked what the next Spider-Man movie plot will be, he'll go undercover as the Slingers characters, then give those suits to his friends after he clears his name and goes back to being Spider-Man.

Does he? He’s a kid who fucks up or lucks his way into wins

He's literally Peter but without flaws, because depicting a black person with flaws would be racist

You know Carol is like the 4th Capt Marvel yeah?

How is he really anything like Peter? Peter is a scientist, while Miles can barely pass any subject

7th

Dan we know its you

Huntress!???

Hrs peter in the way his primary motivation is guilt, and how he puts everything on himself regardless of involvement. You’re right though he isn’t really like peter, peter struggles with money and Miles family is fine, peter struggles with connecting with people and every single hero loves Miles immediately, peter prioritizes his personal life where Miles is an inconsequential factor in his own career as spiderman.

Give it a few years, it'll be treated the same way the Clone Saga is treated now

Fuck off

Yeah I see what you’re saying, he does share a lot of overlap with Peter, but that’s one of the reasons why legacy characters are pointless and bad

>but that’s one of the reasons why legacy characters are pointless and bad

I never get why you asks these questions, but you clearly or already hate the character.

>explain me why you like this character
>because this
>thanks, i already hate him.

It is kind of a pointless topic.

Attached: 1568231472160.jpg (595x597, 157K)

Like it didn't exist? Being Ben is suffering

I wasn’t laying why I like him user, I was laying out why he annoyed me. There is no end to this where peter fans accept Miles because bendis set the deck against him in that way. It’s easier to set off autists and point them out as racists than it is to make a good character with a cohesive narrative

What are you talking about? Did you just jump in in the middle of the conversation and make up your own conclusion? You got absolutely nothing correct

People have been saying this every year since his introduction.

Miles should be gay

Which user are you?

They're both selfless middle-class young adult males with a perfect moral compass, except one has black skin and a black suit and likes to say he's "THE Spider-Man and not Spider-Man but black" a lot. As much as I hated SpOck, at least he was a different take on the character and we got to see a Spider-Man-looking person dishing out justice on his own terms rather than the usual fare. If Miles' "stories" were in written form with no reference to the name behind the mask, you wouldn't know if it was supposed to be Peter or him most of the time.

If Miles was a troubled low-income teen from Baltimore dealing with problems unique to his demographic, he'd be a lot more worthwhile and engaging as a character, but that's the problem with all these diversity replacements, they can't depict anything unique or different or they'd be accused of stereotyping, so they just reskin the white guy, and remove any interesting flaws or quirks for good measure since women and minorities can obviously do no wrong.

There’s your problem.
you think Miles is a “replacement”, he’s not

>selfless
>peter.

He was initially designed as one, and that part of his origin hasn't been abandoned across media, but now they don't know what to do with him. That's still the core of his character and still affects the way he's treated a lot.

White guys are always going to be in comics media. Particularly hot white guys. Marvel has a female audience to pander to.

By the fans maybe, and in tv and movies because they have to tell his origin first and they only just got greenlit to do that

But the comics tell a different story

>ton of copycats who bring literally nothing new to the table
Disney got Spider-man back?

That doesn't change the fact that the main idea behind him was "black replacement for Ultimate Spider-Man", he's been kinda retooled in the meantime but nowhere near what would be necessary for him to be compelling. Just because his purpose isn't to replace Peter anymore but to exist alongside him, doesn't mean that his basis still isn't a safe and boring way of promoting diversity, instead of a unique take that explores ideas specific to the demographic he's supposed to represent, or even just something different from Peter.

Who's that Wolverine in the back?

amazing and friendly neighborhood. Peter is written like a school kid, he no longer is allowed to have any dreams or ambitions of his own. both series are almost exclusively focused on women and their problems. be it may having cancer while ruining the homeless shelter, mj trying to get a new job, or that asian women who totally punched hilter in ww2 but the racist, sexist usa wrote her out of history and gave captain america all the credit for her work.
if you are a white guy there really is nothing to relate to.
he get's just ordered around by women and made a fool constantly.
no cool action scenes, no interesting plots where he can show of his bran power.
just more plots about "women empowerment"

He puts his hero work in front of his private life a lot, great power great responsibility and all that

But at first, he did it for the money.

>no interesting plots where he can show of his bran power.
>show of his bran power.
>bran power.

Not many people know that’s he’s got the proportional regularity big a spider

These aren't facts. Stop talking like you're stating facts.

Not an argument

Yes, that's essentially what what I said translates to.

Only one of them is worth a shit and she's consigned to oblivion.

Attached: Ultimatespiderwomanfx_sm_by_tattletale616-da3k6bf.png (1000x1449, 1.43M)

Based on Miles and Riri, they become much better and more rounded

user don’t waste your time. Yea Forums doesn’t know the difference between a protege and a sidekick l. They showed it wholesale with their complaints of MCU Peter

There are people that give a fuck about Miles Morales?

I don’t think so. Just because they introduce him doesn’t mean he’s going to be saddled to Spiderman from that point on

they really dont

Marvel is making the same mistake DC did with these legacy characters

Except they’re not. The only mistake is how long you go between establishing their own unique identity/code name

Miles has had ten years and still nothing, for how long are we supposed to give them chances for

You mean effortlessly Venomblasts his way to victory, right?

Actually Miles already has something.

i prefer Otto :/

Which is

How is Venom involved?

what?

Kid Arachnid.

In this era of trans-rights andngender dysphoria, you'd think she'd be more popular.

Do you have a specific question? This doesn’t really mean anything as it stands.

“What” is the beginning of a question, usually

>Except they’re not

it's the exact same thing. How many Green Lanterns and Flashes are there that cause fanboy division? Pushing Spiderclones is the exact same thing.

It undermines the original, takes away the uniqueness and is lazy writing.

Even Pete looks pissed in that image.

Attached: gwen mad.jpg (1186x704, 57K)

as in what is the "something" that Miles has?

I only recognize 1 of each. If fans insist on wasting their time bitching about such things that’s nobody’s problem but their own

Somebody else already asked the exact same question before you and was given an answer.

.... I can’t tell if you’re trolling or being sincere.

He literally was.

I'm sorry you guys, what is donut steel?

>I will never not be mad
nu /co in a nutshell

It's a saying used to mock the term "Original Character Do Not Steal" which was used by many OC creators who made blatant knockoff of Sonic and other characters.

Caroltards are a special kind of special

The last several appearances of Batman haven't featured Miles.

This. Marvel seems to think Peter works best in highschool for some stupid reason. His most memorable stories was when he was college aged and living on his own.

The Raimi films got that part right.

Was and is are not the same thing.
Also not really anyway, even his clones weren’t meant to replace him, so I’m not sure what you think your point is

I can’t tell if people actually think “trolling” is something that people actually do or if they just like saying that.

>So go fuck your self bendis and go ruin Superman
He already did.

RIP Jon.

Just introducing him in any manner dilutes the story irreparably, actually going through with his arc is setting the grave on fire

If she was an opposite sex clone of a straight guy wouldn't she have a straight female brain?

Just categorically false.

Yeah that's pretty odd, always had potential to go SOMEWHERE but no, skim over the one interesting character trait for another Bendis pet character-for-Avengers-fast-track.
Then hang around to job it and confirm several times over that Miles is Truly Worthy and then binned.

Attached: cover-large.jpg (650x987, 170K)

His literal clone was a more unique character than Miles.

Do you know how bad that is?

That's what made Peter appealing. He had selfish, assholish aspects of himself that he had to wrangle with. Remember when he beat Power Man off of his 'turf'?

I’m sorry, the fuck?

Signal. He's retarded.

Who gives a shit, most of the cameos are Pete showing up in their books instead of vice versa and I'd really rather see Marvel announce some kind of Spider-Family book that is just crossover adventures.

Robin is Robin. He doesn't run around with a cape and cowl calling himself "Batman" unless Batman is dead. Batman as a character is still relatively unique. I mean there's Batgirl, Batwoman, and the Batman of China. There are Batmen in other countries too, if Batman Inc is still canon. But when Batman appears in cartoons or games or movies, there's just one Batman.

It still amazes me that people are completely ok with Miles running around in the same universe with the same name as Peter. Even Ben Reilly, a literal clone of Peter Parker, had the decency to use a different spider codename.

Be real with me. Why does everyone here hate everyone who isn’t a white dude, regardless of character quality?

Two things:
1 - she was created by Bendis so he would be most likely writing her
2 - You forgot how much Marvel tried to make her work

Attached: Scarlet-Spider-1-01-1024x866.jpg (1024x866, 284K)

Don't forget that all the previous Robins took different identities. Dick became Nightwing, Jason became Red Hood, Tim became Red Robin and the like.

>Even Ben Reilly, a literal clone of Peter Parker, had the decency to use a different spider codename.
To be fair, Ben was fairly different than Peter in general, much moreso than Miles. Which is hilarious because he was an actual clone with all of Pete's memories.

Be real with me. Why does everyone here seem to hate every character who isn’t a white dude, regardless of character quality?

But he doesn't have a sidekick, nor does he actually need one. Remember Alpha? Of course you don't, even Slott himself regrets creating him.

I'm one of the biggest Miles detractors on Yea Forums, but my favorite cartoon right now is Craig of the Creek, my second favorite MCU character is T'Challa, etc. Sometimes it really is just abysmally bad writing and practices.

Huh. Neat. I mean, Miles is still cool, but hey, we could’ve had worse.

>Miles is still cool
Objectively and morally wrong.

Eh. I’m still okay with his existence in comics.

>I’m still okay with his existence in comics.
Objectively and morally wrong.

>copycats who bring literally nothing new to the table

Yes OP, bootlegs are never as good as the original.
Thanks for letting us know

>Sometimes it really is just abysmally bad writing and practices.
Which is not the fault of the character. People seem to think that Miles not existing will somehow make Spider-man better. Miles is not keeping Peter from being better written, Marvel is.

This guy knows what’s up.

Incorrect. Miles existing undermines when Peter was at his best as a lone man in college. With Miles and the other Spider men it ruins that dynamic.

Just accept that your black OC self insert is a detriment.

Miles doesn't team up with Parker besides events. and Peter has been whored out for fucking decades doing team-ups with everybody. Practically any new character that gets introduced or is getting a push features in ASM. why are you talking out of your ass?

Peter/Spider-Man will never be able to improve until
1. Miles gets a new superhero identity
And
2. Marvel gets better writers.

In that order. You have to clean out the trash before you can remodel the house.

I guess it depends on the psuedo-super-science involved in her creation. They she was attracted to both Kitty and MJ, with a potential hint at being attracted to Johnny.
I'll probably catch shit for this, but I think Bendis could still go well with her. Depending on the stories told with her, I think there's a lot of room for self-examination via lengthy inner monologue.
They just need a decent writer to help her click with general and mass audiences.

Because it makes Spideman a label, tardlet. That's the problem here. It turns Spiderman from an individual hero into the progenitor of a "Spider family", and that makes it so his best stories don't work anymore.

Female Peter "clone" (Marvel doesn't know how clones work). Became lesbian spider-woman in the Ultimate Universe.

Should have hooked up with Ultimate Gwen (literally, since she's carnage) if Marvel knew how to write

Well in a way you're right that it isn't specifically Miles' fault, literally anyone else doing the same role he does would have the same impact, which is why the OP is complaining about Spider-People in general and not just him. But the very concept of permanently saddling Spider-Man with literally any sort of sidekick/protege/legacy character/partner/hero family/copycat/parallel hero is ruining what makes Spider-Man good.

>I guess it depends on the psuedo-super-science involved in her creation. They she was attracted to both Kitty and MJ, with a potential hint at being attracted to Johnny.
I mean, using the logic of her being a lesbian(she's an opposite sex clone of a straight man) actually means she shouldn't be straight, unless Peter was secretly lusting for cock.

It'd be an interesting storyline to see her come to terms with being attracted to men, though. It'd never happen in current year.

Still weird.

It's the only route that Spider-man can go at this point. Parker's run his course. A parody of himself by now. The only way to make spider-man good again is to either reboot the entire Marvel universe or retire Peter. Guess which one is going to happen.

>Marvel doesn't know how clones work
Well how does super-science clones work then?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Sucks that they don't add Scarlet Spider or Spider-woman.

>The only way to make spider-man good again is to either reboot the entire Marvel universe or retire Peter.
Or, and hear me out, let him continue living his life. Let him have a kid, let him get old.

Or do a second Ultimate style alt universe without the baggage.

I'm honestly enjoying him more than the peter books.

Just because you don't like what I said doesn't mean it's not true.
You mistake my conclusion of retiring Parker to mean killing him. Nobody wants Peter to die. He should be around for what comes next. But he should hang up the hero work. Oh and doing another Ultimate Universe would be a reboot.

>He should be around for what comes next. But he should hang up the hero work.
Why? It's not like his super powers will go away with age. Pete could be heroing into his Uncle Ben years.

That'd actually be cool. We need more middle aged heroes.

>It's the only route that Spider-man can go at this point. Parker's run his course.
Not him but you people need to stop saying this bullshit. Peter hasn't run his course because Marvel keeps trying to keep him as a 20 something guy dealing with normal problems. He needs to move with his life or your kids are going to be reading about Peter Parker, the former president of the USA who resigned due to Norman Osborn fixing the to make him win living with his 190 year old Aunt May who has had stage 4 cancer 15 times already and is still trying to propose to Mary Jane Watson.

>They just need a decent writer to help h** click with general and mass audiences.
stop talking about miles

Why would the add Jessica Drew? She has nothing to do with Spider-man

You joke but that's exactly the problem with Parker. He's done it all before. Ironically the drama aspect, the feature which set Spider-man apart from other heroes, is what's choking the life out him for the past 20 years. Batman and Superman by their design can run endlessly. Spider-man's gimmick of civilian troubles plaguing hero work and vice versa creating a "days of our lives" aesthetic can only run so far before interest gets lost. It's stagnant with the "Will they or Won't they" or "Will he make it in time?" plots that have been recycled for the past 2 decades. Just giving Parker a wife and family doesn't solve that stagnation because he's done that before too. It's not Parker's fault it's just the nature of the several aspects that make up Spider-man.

but things dont exist in a vacuum. debates about which character is better will continue to persist

Spider-verse was too well received for that to ever happen.

>Why does everyone here hate everyone who isn’t a white dude, regardless of character quality?

people here love Blade, Luke Cage, Storm, Misty Knight, etc. Idk what you're getting at.

Miles is gay.

You dumb fuck, Peter will never "run his course", the entire reason he keeps being soft-reset into an MJ-less high schooler is because the current kids don't want to read about a middle-aged hero so they keep him in his prime. Your retarded argument operates on the assumption that every single Spider-Man fan/reader is a 60+ year old who read all 825 issues of TASM starting with Amazing Fantasy #15. Have people stopped adapting and retelling the Iliad and the Odyssey because the generation that made it in 750BC got bored if it eventually? Fuck no.

That’s fine.

That's okay, Sony will run him into the ground soon enough. Remember when even the most mainstream normie audiences bemoaned Spider-Man's inclusion in the MCU after being subjected to TASM2? Miles doesnt' stand a chance, there's nothing for him to bounce back to like Peter did, people were only tricked into tolerating him in ITSV because of all the other cool shit happening around him. It'll be all the meddling of Spider-Man 3, with all the desperation of TASM2, compounded with the fact the writers only know how to re-tell the Lego Movie and haven't made a successful sequel ever.

not really. It tears the brand down and continues to be a plague. DC will never have a settled Green Lantern because there's so many different factions.

They put a version of her in the main canon too. She has been a thing for a few years now.

>The only way to fix Spider-man as it stands right now is to retire Parker or Reboot him
>"Parker hasn't run his course! They can just reboot him!"

Yes. That's what I just said. Stay in school kids. Retellings are still reboots, they start at a 0 point.

Not really. The fans have no impact on the brand.
I don't give a fuck who somebody says is the Green Lantern just like they should not care who I say it is.

Read Spencer's ASM run, as well as Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man by Tom Taylor. While you're at it, also read SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #312-313 for a satisfying Spider-Man vs Morlun two parter.

Hi there, MCU-only Marvel fan.

I still don’t get it, morlun got beat by a bit of radiation and a gun in his debut. Now the fucker can tank the enigma force? Makes no fucking sense. Also why in no part of this did he ever think of enlisting the hulk for help? It seems like he’s a hard counter to those fuckers

>Peter's suit in the OP pic
Embossed webs vs raised webs vs flush webs? Which is best

>choosing Spider-UK over the superior option

Attached: 1553736718286.png (376x740, 387K)

marvel superhero comics are just boring now to me. The only good books are team books now

because you're a racist looking for problems that don't exist and ignoring the real issue people have

The Scarlet Spiders mini was my favourite part of spider-verse

>Miles has had 10 years
>10 years
>First appearance August 2011
>It’s 2019

Do tell us oh time traveler of the wonders of the year 2021

Its roughly the same amount of time mayday had and by this point she had multiple villains arcs and her own motivation separate from her father's. Miles is just now getting some villains and he;s still dealing with being from a universe. he also stole 2/3rds of his issue count but that's another problem

That remind me, if we count it down, miles have 100 issues right now.

I guess he beats spider girl record.

Attached: miles-morales-spider-man-primer-pages-5.jpg (599x455, 208K)

nope he's had three reboots, do you remember the ten on his "250th"? Mayday hit 100 issues in one run Miles is 90 issues away from hitting that. Though he's actually around 90, since death of peter came at issue 160

>choosing superior Spider-Man
Superior Miles is dope

>he's had three reboots

In what contexts?

He's never been rebooted. His story is continuous with itself. what are you talking about?

I think he means renumbering?

The new numbering system that Marvel adopted? that's just to denote when teams change, which in this decade are constantly shifting. The narrative started in Ultimate fallout 4 is still going on today. What he said doesn't make sense.

It started in ultimate Spider-Man #1 back in 2000

are we not counting secret wars as a reboot now? but yes he's been renumbered three times

He's one of like 8 people that didn't die during the collapse of the multiverse. The origin of his powers and his reasons for being a hero are unchanged. I think even his web shooters are still tech from 1610. No, secret wars was not a reboot. His book hasn't even been canceled once.

if you look at generations he has memories from 616, no one knows what to do with that yet though. But whatever he's just there to be hated and make you think he means anything other than let is know that no matter who you are or what you do you're immediately replaceable and forgettable. Who needs a good character name and motivation when you can just steal someone elses with nothing but contempt. He's still got about 10 issues before he beats mays record though. But she's been erased so whatever

That's a whole lot of nonsense my friend. You're gonna have to find some way to cope. Unless Marvel reboots 616 Miles is going to be the title character of Amazing within 3-5 years. Issue 900 would be a good spot to change hands. Frankly it can't come soon enough. Ready for the next.

No, Robin was completely different and brought a lot to the table. He enriched Batman's concept.

A Bat and a Robin, it's perfect.

Legacy characters in general are trash

So do you not want to have anything new? Do you just want to be handed a pittance of nothing and just run with it like a child with candy? I realized recently that my loss of faith in the world doesn't come from any specific annoyance with my people or others, but at a realization that world peace is never going to happen and that the only equallity we'll ever achieve is where everyone is under the same boot of oppression. We don't fight for eachother and more. Hell we don't fight for anything anymore, we just fight each other and die forgotten and alone as the say we were born. Its bot about making a point, its about baiting the worst out of your opponent pretending that's a point. But its all for not, I realize that my waking life and sleeping life aren't different, its just when I'm sleeping I don't remember broken dreams

I think you are just impatience.

You are ready to throw a hissy fit over not getting your answers.

Attached: Thanos_MCU.0.jpg (1200x800, 97K)

We got our answer ten years ago user, it never happened because white happiness is offensive. We’re just worker bees who’ve built up to much and have cognitive dissonance to understand our place and how it can be improved so we’re being destroyed and replaced bit by bit in every fashion. It’s more cost efficient this way

What the fuck are you talking about? Save the poetry for your writing class. This is a thread about Spider-man.

This is a thread about the on coming irrelevance of spider-man user, who needs spider-man when you’ve got spiderman?

You're not making sense.

This.

Sounds boring without Parker being rich.

What doesn’t make sense? That spider-man is being replaced and forgotten by spiderman? Or that the writer is reveling in it?

But you was happy, when they did this to Batman, why are you angry now?

Attached: 1547431761830.jpg (668x696, 183K)

But people here don't hate Luke Cage.

You can still make a solo Batman story without being accused of being racist

I want him killed like ultimate Peter was killed. Blood for blood.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 12.48.18 PM.png (428x495, 307K)

And Miles is Spiderman but black. He has the same personality, villians and backstory.

They also don’t hate storm or static or icon or John Stewart or Vixin or Mr.terrific or even black panther surprisingly

>nobody wants peter to die
Except for bendis, and the creators of spiderverse. Miles has been around for almost a decade and still doesn’t have one story that’s worth that

who gives a fuck about you, op
same crybaby nigga that does/doesn't want peter married, that does/doesn't want may dead, that does/doesn't want a million other things

your hangup isn't more important than the thousand other hangups people have about muh spider-man so either like it or don't you bitch

>Miles has been around for almost a decade and still doesn’t have one story that’s worth that
But you can say the same thing about almost every new character for the past decade in Marvel

>It's fucked, every big cover i see always includes miles, event type shit. Pete can't even have that anymore.
Spider fans were complaining when Peter was getting pushed on Avengers and events.

But none of them require the death of a major character. Moon girl and Jamal’s are both connected to the inhumans which is a smart move to expand on a lesser used part of the books. Sam helps bolster novas crew as a force in the galaxy. Amadeus cho had great runs with hulk and hero and the vision kids had that decent maxi series

His books suck, the only good Miles is ItSV

what a long winded whine of bullshit

What a short and pointless non-argument

they dont hate them because they were made before they were born (john stewart, vixen, storm, mr.terrifc,bp) or stayed in their lane(static,icon). God forbid they address any issues about racism that effects them outside their "hood"

>modern diversity in comics
>ever addressing racial or gender issues
>in any meaningful shape or form
o i am laffin

What issues is Miles addressing? That kids of color can aspire no higher than to pare the name of a white man they’re responsible for the death of?

People like Jaimie Reyes they like Amadeus cho, they like paitriot and the bulk of avengers academy. Stop pretending like the gripes about miles are purely race based, when it’s an absolute fact that his race is the only reason he’s gotten the editorial push he has

Which is kind of confusing why people hate miles morale.

If we read all his books, he literally did nothing except maybe temporarily replace ulitmate spiderman.

It’s the fact that bendis was so flippant about his pandering to create him. Miles is made in bad faith and only exists to replace peter. No other writer will ever truly erase that. His numbering is disingenuous his costume is and every crossover with peter feels wrong. It’s because they’re not supposed to mix. But come on who’s ever heard of the jews pitting white people and blacks people against each other?

>white people and black people
Or
>whites and blacks
Against each other, I’m tired and about to start work, I’m not in the mood to have a typo derail my point fully

It's his creations and universe. Stan Lee/any x men writer complain about worse things than bendis ever did.

Bendis doesn’t complain about anything though, it’s one of the reasons he’s so successful. He has absolutely nothing of note or revelatory to say, he’s a simple reactionary. The fact that people like you think that Miles means anything beyond bendis seeing dollar signs is depressing

Nonsense.
retard
False
False
False
This is just retarded
More nonsense.

Does anyone have an actual reason against Miles or is it just going to be the same bait that's in every thread?

Retard

The purpose of spiderman was to be a solo hero only doing this out of guilt. Repackaging that exact motivation and costume on a black kid seems disingenuous especially considering his creation requires the death and irrelevance if his predecessor. Besides bendis getting royalties and accolades seems wrong to me. Do you have an argument for his existence beyond “umm you’re racists”?

>Besides bendis getting royalties and accolades seems wrong to me.

Bob finger
Liefield
Stan Lee get royalties off from stolen content.
And yet, bendis is the one that tick you off?

Oops wrong user

Bendis is the one alive user, I don’t buy liefeld comics or Batman really and Stan Lee didn’t steal anything beyond some credit(kirby also tried to nab credit for some things he didn’t do) everyone got paid (though the royalty situation for marvel is fucked I’ve heard)

>waaaah my self insert power fantasy now isn’t so speeshul after all
Fucking spiderfags

But she's also from an Elseworld. Hell, Spoiler too depending on how you feel about ROTDK

>thing that used to be good isn't good anymore
>this is good because it makes people I don't like displeased
This is your brain on woke politics

Keep on excusing your biases.

Here you go. read this. . Miles satisfies the reboot/retirement of Parker to bring life back to Spider-man. Guilt is a driving force for Miles but God is in the details. Parker's guilt is derived from negligence, Miles is built from cowardice. Not sure how Peter could become irrelevant if he's the major driving force of Miles becoming Spider-man. Bendis had a good idea. He's had them before he'll probably have them again, why shouldn't he be rewarded for that? And yet again, no one brought up race besides this perception you have that everyone is calling you racist.

>you have to be woke to hate self-inserters
This is your brain on capeshit

These aren't facts. Stop talking like you're stating facts.

You have to be woke to think everyone else is self-inserting just because you are. Replacing characters with diverse tokens "so kids can look up to someone who looks like them" is an exclusively woke policy, I don't need Black Panther to look like me to think he's cool.

You don't have to like it. Doesn't make it less true.

Stop misconstruing your misguided opinions for facts

The only fictional thing that I've said are Spider-man characters.

But what makes Miles timeless? His tale of two universes? His superspy father? The fact his family seems to be able to afford a New York brown stone on a middle class income with two kids? The facts that niggers ruin everything?

Peter is still an actual timeless concept and Miles is still heavily reliant on all of his things without contributing anything. People say that he’s like sally west to peters Barry but no he’s Barry to petes jay Garrick. Only difference is Barry’s creator took the name and created his own iconography around it, where bendis just stole everything whole sale. Hell even now with Saladin he still needs peter for his story Starling has a major connection to peter since peter was there at her fathers death but you don’t care about that you just want to bowl everything over in the name of progress

Also peter is kinda more relevant now more than ever. A put upon poor guy trying to figure out what to do with a world ruined by his elders, hounded by the media for crimes that aren’t his and trapped by his feelings for women who prioritize their careers over family and trying to care for his elderly relative. What about miles has ever been timeless besides the whole “no we’re not replacing lol” “lol no we’re replacing you?”

I don't know if it's true for everyone, but there was definitely a point in my history of reading comics when I realized how repetitive an boring long running cape comics can be. I love comics as a medium but I've all but dropped most cape comics because this bar gets hit where comics double back on themselves. In an attempt to capture readers back? Writer nostalgia? I don't know. I tend to only read new character books just for the excitement of not having to see Phoenix for the 89th time.

Point being people come in at different times during those cycles and read the current stories and love them even if they are just rehashing older stories. Then they start to repeat and they may or may not get into older comics and realize that's how it's been for decades.

It's not just that they make buckets of legacy characters but that they all have to go through the same things the original did. The spider has bitten 6000 people. Mephisto has made 57 offers. Most of them have an "Uncle Ben." They share casts. They have mostly the same powers with rare room for creativity.

Despite being the first technical copy, Spider-woman is the one least like him purely because they tried to avoid her being derivative of him at the time.

Yeah the first spider woman was only made to make sure that Marvel owned the name. It’s the same with she hulk but she hulk had longevity where Jessica got screwed by her own connection/not connection to peter

>The concept of carrying on after those before you are gone is not timeless.
Literally every person on the planet has dealt with or will deal with that. Never was sure what you meant by he relies heavily on Parker. Seems like a nothing blanket statement whenever people on this board seethe about Miles.
>A world ruined by his elders

Parker is a first generation hero. He always has been. Always the first out the gate right next to the fantastic 4.

Yeah but he was a kid growing into this while iron man and reed tried to work with the establishment (to disastrous results)

I'd like him to be a heroic Doc Ock instead of being another Spider-Man.

There are few things more American than hearing your bosses say you’re irrelevant but you have to train your replacement in the same conversation. Miles is entropy, he’s the very fact that no one is special and that no matter how hard you work or what you do you’ll be kicked out the moment corporate finds someone they can pay less

>Reads the latest carnage series
>Has Eddie and Pete acting for the most part like mature adults in the 1st issue, with a relatively interesting story
>This is pretty nice
>Reads the second issue, Pete suddenly becomes a little bitch who doesn't want any more of this, and fucking leaves
>Well that doesn't seem like Peter, at least not outside of his own adventures.
>Random Miles shows up through the convenience of Scorpion
>Huh they couldn't even let Peter have this to himself could they.

While peter's best stuff was while he was in college,I can see where the user is going. There could never be an Ultimate type reboot (even though i think the ultimate series sucks dick and that Bendis is a hack with the only good part of his run being the things that were already established decades prior), because to make Peter a teen again would effectively be stepping over the only thing Miles has going on, you can even see this in the latest issue where they deliberately hide his age so that he can seem like a teen forever...

That was the point like most SJWs he became a bitter loser who only really cared about looking out for his own best interest from being beatdown by the world too much. Unlike SJWs he didn't decide to be a bitter victim and use his gifts not for his own petty wants but as an actual adult who understands what responsibility is. You ever wondered why all the new heroes simply get there powers, and never have any significant scenes that shows why they deserve it, or have any significant villains that they fight (Rir williams, Kamala Khan, America Chavez,Asian Hulk etc.), its because the SJWs who are running the reins think things are supposed to be easy in life and that being hero just means having power, not understanding that the virtuous aspect of it all is what really makes a hero a hero, overcoming there own personal failings to better themselves and help others.

The biggest problem at the end of the day is keeping miles in 616 without a proper understanding of when he popped up. Secret wars happens and he’s just there, marvel won’t do any sort of proper add on for miles because bendis didn’t want that. Miles isn’t here for the bolstering of peter, he’s here for his destruction

Don't waste your time user, most of Yea Forumsmblr are self righteous idiots who'll keep sucking off NuMarvels taint until the entire comic industry collapses. I see exactly what you mean in how neutered they make Peter, essentially turning him into a massive ass of a joke to make other characters look better in comparison.Making a man in his mid 30s act like a fucking child, actually on making him act even less mature than he was in the original run at around 16-17, its all so fucking pathetic, but every time you bring it up these asshats will keep denying it, until the character becomes a bastardized version of what they once were.

Attached: Peter-Parker-The-Spectacular-Spider-Man-20172-3.png (800x823, 298K)

What’s with idiots like (You) and a total lack of self awareness?

I don't know why they Bendis the hack couldn't have just made Miles a completely different entity from Peter completely, basing his story in an alternate reality where Peter doesn't exist, but Bendis is a trash writer and probably knew that the only way his character could have staying power is if he was connected to the hero directly, same thing with his even shittier creation, Riri Williams, whose only staying factor is that shes black teen iron man.

Yeah. A "kid" in college.
Your analogy is shit. This isn't a case of somebody getting fired from the workplace. This is a field promotion. It's unknown whether the new guy is the right person for the job. His qualification is He's present, and the other guy isn't.

Thats not an argument snowflake, but its okay i understand hard it must be for you to have some semblance of thought between your dilation sessions

Riri is tackling a serious villain right now for multiple issues though

Thats because Bendis the hack isn't writing her anymore

>buzzwords buzzwords buzzwords
What’s the point of “arguing” when you won’t ever change your mind because you are set on outrage? Just go to the previous threads and you can see it happening again and again

Wah wah, he said a bad word to me because i said a bad word to him, h-how dare he retaliate. Listen up princess all you had to do is provide an actual argument back up by what little reasoning skills you have. But since thats too much for you i'll respond in a manner similar to your level of intellect(well a bit higher because you aren't even clever enough to come up with something worth being "outraged" about_.

What you guys think about Spider-Man fake red? I'm liking it so far.

Attached: 1568393800737.jpg (921x1378, 622K)

I remember posting about it a while ago, i thought it was quite Kino, granted i don't know if this is and independent thing or part of the Marvel Shounen Jump deal

>buzzwords = mean words
TIL fun is mean according to Yea Forumsermin

Also, provide reasoning so you can ignore it and post the exact same thing the next thread? That’s even more of a waste of time than usual Yea Forums shit, pass. It’s not outrageous, just tiring

It’s affirmative action user he was handed the keys to everything immediately over the still warm corpse of his predecessor. He became more experienced in a matter of issues loved and trusted by every one and to rub it in bendis brought peter back from his pointless death to assure the audience that Miles is better in every way.

Because Miles isn’t about starting a new story, it’s about ending peters that what spiderverse was and it’s what ultimates was.

>Also, provide reasoning so you can ignore it and post the exact same thing the next thread? That’s even more of a waste of time than usual Yea Forums shit, pass. It’s not outrageous, just tiring

Then why even bother responding at all if its "so tiring".

Im gonna be honest with you I dropped Ultimate because i thought it was shit, but now that you say that it all makes sense.

Good point, I need to get out of here. There’s nothing of worth now on this entire goddamn site since 2007 and yet I’m still here for some reason

And yet those things trigger /co to no end.

I didn’t care about ultimate but it was what it was, it’s own contained story where miles could do whatever he wanted with the name, it wasn’t until he brought him over to 616 story mostly unabated and paired him with Gwen is when I realized how nefarious bendis intended him to be

This

>Handed everything over Parker's corpse.
>Didn't even have webshooters when fighting Kangaroo, Ultimate Scorpion, Prowler, or Batroc.
>Peter's return used to explain the dangers of individuals affected by Oz formula which was the basis for Parker's Spider, This also explains the constant return of Osborn after he's killed twice.

Not sure where you getting that Miles was more experienced than Parker aside that he didn't die. Sounds more nonsense which what you seem to always spout. But feel free to consult the Wikipedia article you have open so you can come back with "real" facts.

The time skips user, in the 169 issues of peters run less than two years pass, in the 40 of miles run about 3 years pass, he’s about the destruct of peter in his prime. Because Miles isn’t about starting your own name, he’s about finding a franchise to flourish under. Which honestly is a pretty great moral for kids to learn under late capitalism

>A legacy character uses the same name as their predecessor.

Stop the fucking presses. When I said come back from wikipedia I meant come back with a non-retarded argument.

The 3 years of Miles time in 1610 includes a 1 year break he took after his Mom died. He was extremely rusty when he came back to the hero life.

So you admit Miles is nothing but a Star fucker here to only enjoy the fruits of a brand he adds nothing to?

Man, I didn't even know about this. Now this is how you do a Spidey replacement.

I wonder what Peter clone this one is.