I regret ever watching the steven universe movie now i cant stop thinking about her

i regret ever watching the steven universe movie now i cant stop thinking about her

Attached: 1014113_textbookparis75_steven-universe-the-movie-spinel.jpg (3934x3613, 565K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E2bTk1Alqyo
instagram.com/lulubellestiles/tagged/?hl=en
youtube.com/watch?v=8DcWY8aGPbY
youtube.com/watch?v=kk-T755ba3E
youtube.com/watch?v=IT7e8OtHzKM
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTN-Gzfb5A
youtube.com/watch?v=2umrJs8Ppac
youtube.com/watch?v=bf2vqyD1JXg
cartoonnetworkshop.com/products/steven-universe-white-diamond-full-body-pin
youtu.be/0579pxR15ro?t=270
twitter.com/TheRegyman/status/1169062824615849985
youtube.com/watch?v=PSoOFn3wQV4
youtube.com/watch?v=s20h7uJ8CCI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VIT5Q7UuY
youtube.com/watch?v=AeGEv0YVLtw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes you can.

you post here it was inevitable

I know what you mean, I love her so much

Well, you’d better keep thinking about her.
Because if you stop, it means you’ve abandoned her.
And if you abandon her, she’ll come to your house and murder you with her bare hands.

She thinks about you some too user. She told me last night as we were going to bed.

think about me more, user

Attached: lewd23794.png (391x299, 130K)

oh god im so depressed

delete this

But OP Spinel is has no value. She isn't worthy of affection. She's meant to be left alone somewhere void of any interaction.
She's garbage, and you know this.
Come to your senses.

Attached: Spinel and Steven (2).png (1280x794, 984K)

>is has
your opinion has no value

Attached: e558db14-3e9d-4793-9bc5-0a907504bfb2.jpg (699x590, 28K)

Proof read next time user.

Shut up Steven

But user, triples are truth.

Spinel is an incredibly toxic person.

If you were to date her your life would look like this

>Wake up in the morning, have to wait 30 min~1 hour for Spinel to wake up so she can untangle her arms from you
>Spend the morning convincing her that just because you were mean to her in a dream it doesn't mean you're going to leave her
>Drive her to her therapy session. She keeps trying to convince you that she's all better and doesn't need therapy anymore
>Can't take her out to eat at a restaurant because she'll spend the entire time making sure you don't look at anyone else
>Follows you to the bathroom and stands by the door until you're finished with your business
>CONSTANT need to console and comfort her, will call you up in the middle of work to ask if you still love her
>Will hate every single friend you have, won't accept that you're capable of having more than one friend and that it's her
>Will burst into tears in the middle of normal conversations because she's suddenly convinced she doesn't deserve you and that she's dragging you down
>If you ever turn her down for physical affection or sex because you're too tired/busy then she'll overthink it and become convinced you don't love her anymore
>Almost certainly going to stop taking her medication at some point and become even more violent/emotional at the tiniest thing
>If you ever do try to break up with Spinel then get ready to have her show up at your door for weeks, will stalk you online for months/years
>threats of suicide, threats of murder, threats of murder/suicide, etc, etc

Don't do it. It's not worth the mental exhaustion. Just be smart like steven and keep your distance.

Attached: 1568247134833.png (1024x2150, 929K)

Come over and hug me user

Attached: 1568007768619.png (813x637, 58K)

>watching the SU movie with normie friends
>realize I can't talk about how much I wanna fuck any of the characters
I fucking hate normies. Anyway I wanna fuck Greg.

Shoot her in the fucking gem!

Attached: Jasper gun.jpg (920x737, 68K)

Sounds perfect to me

Attached: 1568053008732.png (880x685, 375K)

Bullet proof glass is made of synthetic spinel. She can stop armor piercing rounds.

Greg? As in Greg Murdercock DeMayo Universe?

Squeak squeak nigga

Attached: 1568007492738.jpg (988x966, 97K)

>watched the movie
>now I want to watch the whole show

Is there a list of shitty filler episodes I should skip or anything?

skip the entire show

Pretty much all the townie episodes, shouldn't be hard to find a list of them.

>Spinel is bulletproof
Sweet stars above! The nightmare gets worst and worst.

There's only one being that could save us.

Attached: Blank+_c85cf3aae1b35be37405f8ee7d0bfd06.png (326x188, 95K)

watch all of season 1 before deciding to use a filler-ranking list
theres only like maybe 120 minutes of completely no-plot episodes.

Of course!

There's "Flood Order":

>Cheeseburger Backpack
>Laser Light Cannon
>Bubble Buddies
>Steven’s Lion
>Giant Woman
>Steven the Sword Fighter
>Lion 2: The Movie
>An Indirect Kiss
>Mirror Gem
>Ocean Gem
>then don't skip any episodes

But in my opinion, just watch every episode. Skip if you realize it's an episode that you don't really care much for, like a townie episode with characters you don't like, otherwise watch. You'll want to watch some of the townie episodes, they're really fun if it's with characters you like.

Attached: lXmY3oX[1].png (426x514, 266K)

Sounds just like any other fucking broad

Nobody's perfect

I will tear your throat out.

cringe fucking noodle baby

S1 has the most filler of any season though.

the best townies are in season 1 though

Attached: tachibana diamonds.png (1280x1818, 1.9M)

I know, that's why I don't like Flood Order. But for people who are obsessed with lore, Flood Order is good because it gets right into the lore. I disagree but you can't really change people's minds, most people are obsessed with the lore of cartoons and hate filler episodes these days.

Carefull user, she's dangerous

Attached: Spinevill.png (500x280, 153K)

Cringe and spinelpilled

Attached: ddfvja6-abfdccba-8fb5-4f5b-80cd-b6a5dc447bf1.jpg (720x900, 120K)

The people closest to me have only ever hurt me for no good reason. I've never sought companionship because I don't know how to do anything but inflict pain. I'm a monster raised by monsters and it'd be better for our kind to die off, yet I'm in so much despair. This character, Spinel. I... I WANT TO HUG HER AND KISS HER AND CRY WITH HER I'LL NEVER ABANDON HER FUCKING GOD DAMN IT

Attached: 1568092374742.png (2257x2584, 556K)

Jesus Z Christ.

This is cute.

>before movie: Hey look it's XJ9. /sug/'s a hack!
>after movie: I want to put my dick in spinel!!

It's okay, OP. I felt the same way.

Attached: 1568152241643.jpg (2500x2500, 466K)

Best give that sauce mother fucka

That would be fine for me honestly, as I am pretty much equally insecure.

Tachibana-Sans Circumstances With A Man

Attached: nUaHFFQ.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

irl people like Spinel are liable to kill you in your sleep

>watch movie
>pretty much skip every song except Spinel's because it was the first
Pretty much what I do whenever a song comes up in every single movie ever: the first one gets a pass, the others I blow off.

I watched the entire show in 3 days so I can watch the movie user. It's honestly not that bad but some episodes are really boring. I think what helped me was that I was playing a game on one side of the screen with the show playing on the other end.

>Skipped the Steven and Spinel fight.
You suck user

oh god and the striped socks too?
you're not playing fair

Attached: bloomers.jpg (1000x905, 85K)

I skimmed through it, got the gist of what was going on.
>I AM EMOTIONAL
>I am also emotional but I am going to win
Been there done that.

I loved the moments where she looks at him and she wants to believe but she’s still hurt and scared.

I honestly don't think that watching the filler episodes now is half as bad as it was when we were watching them while waiting nine months for new plot-relevant episodes.

Except Ronaldo episodes. Ronaldo episodes aren't great.

Attached: lapis_bob_lazuli_by_crutonart_da3nut5-fullview.jpg (1280x2013, 166K)

Musicals must be super confusing.

I can enjoy musicals that are original and not forced.
I don't enjoy musicals done for the sake of being musicals.
The entirety of Steven Universe has no right to have as many songs as it does, they are not good, they add nothing, they are basically fast forward of character development: it isn't good.

Not EVERYTHING SINGLE FUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT EVER needs to be in song and not EVERY SINGLE FUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT EVER needs to be about some oh inner truth about your TRUE feelings as opposed to being wrong about your previous feelings because you didn't see things in a different light.

Take a show like Infinity Train, there's a ton of character development and a shitload of things happening without making a cheap song about how every character feel every other episode.
If you have to put songs in your show at least make them good songs that add to the show.
In that, Spinel's introduction made in song was a good addition however something like the Diamonds singing to Spinel was fucking atrocious.

Bump

Why would you be friends with someone you're in a relationship with

>Skip if you realize it's an episode that you don't really care much for
>Steven spends half the episode farting into a handheld mirror
Yep skip

Same here.

I want a damn mini-series with her and the Diamonds working through their shit. See the Diamonds actually make a connection to a non-diamond gem and see how that changes their outlook on "lower life forms".

I say mini-series cause ... we all know normal SU doesn't have the Budget to keep up the level of animation Spinel and the Diamonds demand unless it's some big event.

you are mentally ill

bump

>Steven spends half the episode farting into a handheld mirror

is this real

Attached: 1506567421050.jpg (920x380, 69K)

why are you bumping this thread when there are 5 others just like it

Of course, user. Why would I lie?

Spinel is for cucking Connie.

Attached: IMG_20190912_020011.jpg (4075x1505, 995K)

every spinel thread needs to live

I agree with this sentiment.

I made a Spinel thread once, it got deleted 2 minutes later. Shame, it had a fun premise too. lol

Just remake it in a week. I want to make one about Spinel saying she doesn't want to play anymore in the movie.

Good to know. Thanks!

Yes youtu.be/E2bTk1Alqyo

Don't impersonate me, fagboy

I think she’s pretty relatable as someone with bad abandonment issues and happen to get extremely attached to people who show me affection. Unfortunately her violent outbursts are seen more as signs of bpd which I hope people with bpd aren’t hurt by/offended by. I hate SU with a passion but have a special place for this character.

Attached: su.png (1112x928, 71K)

I get it because I work to not be that person. To not think I’m so worthless I should get out of my friends’ lives. To not believe all my friends are meeting right now to kick me out of the friend group. Or not be jealous when a girlfiend goes out and there are guys there.

Of course my last relationship ended her “running about,” to fuck other guys, even breaking up with with me over World of Warcraft to fly out to California from florida to fuck another person f Not even a text. So I don’t know shit.

I dunno if I could help Spinel, eventually be in a healthy romantic relationship with her. But she makes me want to try. [spoilers]Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors, I am half aleeep

Attached: 7088923B-0C22-4DB4-8FD5-4E96E8E50D54.jpg (3207x2279, 2.26M)

like a lot of the first half of the season 1 is skipable up till mirrorgem/oceangem don't listen about the towny episodes they're pretty based. and no matter what people tell you: watch say uncle

Attached: 1568079928626.jpg (736x736, 163K)

be careful with your children around this gentleman

>>Will burst into tears in the middle of normal conversations because she's suddenly convinced she doesn't deserve you and that she's dragging you down
>>If you ever turn her down for physical affection or sex because you're too tired/busy then she'll overthink it and become convinced you don't love her anymore
oh fuck I'm literally Spinel
I'm seeking help don't worry about me

good

post bobs and vagene

she doesn't fit the Steven Universe aesthetic.

she looks like she just came out of Cuphead

Which was the point. She is rubberhose while everyone else is bauhaus

Oh that's right I've HEARD THIS STORY over and over again!

too catchy

I don't want to forget her. Don't forget her. Don't abandon her again.

Attached: 1567620112482.webm (1920x1080, 401K)

Just because she's flawed doesn't mean she doesn't deserve love.

Attached: 1568193997927.png (1280x720, 533K)

Everything she did was out of Pain and the fear of being left alone again. When she panicked she could have easily just broke down if Steven hadn’t dropped that scythe

What if yellow diamond decided to punish spinel for trying to destroy earth by putting her back in the garden?

Attached: A46BA1DD-003C-4463-81C8-1773DAC76A93.jpg (583x827, 69K)

Would spinel be willing to have children with her best friend even if it meant she would die?

I regret watching Steven Universe because I partook in transdelusional propaganda

nah, that conversation about 6000 years not being that long definitely ended with Spinel daring all three of them to stand motionless in the garden for that long, and then totally running their empire into the ground while they're away.

best prank ever

>townie episodes better than season 1 episodic adventures
>even season 4 townie episodes
this is bait right

White Diamond T-posed alone in a room for who knows how long and I'd say she was running the empire fairly well, with that in mind.

Attached: T-Pose Queen.png (1000x1000, 465K)

It's perfect.
I want a comic of that.

Why did I hear that to the same tune as

"And then she smiled,
That's what I'm after:
The smile in her eyes,
The sound of her laughter."

Oh hi you just described my ex.

Black diamond stuck in permanent dab pose.

Make a tulpa

>Threats of murder

Attached: gib.jpg (778x512, 46K)

god you guys are fucking pathetic

this is like stepping into the ocean and then telling it that it's wet. you're on Yea Forums dude, no shit

Attached: CDB3D1DC-DCB9-47BB-8DC5-BF179DFEED7D.png (640x480, 244K)

yes and its the most important episode of season 1

AAAAAAAAAAAAA I WANT TO MAKE SPINEL HAPPY SO BAD

I really can't blame Steven there. Those legs and hungry lips are inescapable.

instagram.com/lulubellestiles/tagged/?hl=en
>spinel's VA's instagram is covered with spinel fan-art
>"Spinel on STEVEN UNIVERSE" not the SU movie, but SU
MOVIE-ONLY-EXPENSIVE-BROADWAY-SINGER FAGS BTFO

Right here, right now, I'll love again.

Attached: 1567635905730.png (543x650, 206K)

God damn Drift Away is much more depressing with only the vocals.

you think she's shlicked it to herself yet

Attached: 1567739863767.png (916x780, 280K)

And dont forget to rape the tulpa

if you have to rape your tulpa, you made it wrong.

>Spinel will be in the show
>Sucrose thinks she's a bad person
I'm scared bros

Attached: 1568259667825.jpg (1150x1590, 181K)

Why did you even watch it?

>you will never watch the movie
feels good bros

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 79K)

The Diamonds were shattered moments after the ship took off.

Oh God don't make me scared

She didn't post any of that fanart, those are posts people tagged her in.

She should be punished by yellow diamond by making her stand back in the garden in the exact spot pink told her to and not told when she can move and left there.

Attached: EAA2DB81-5F5D-455B-884A-D372E4B8C214.jpg (540x250, 43K)

>shitting on Ronaldo kino

Peridot was a bad person too, and she managed to redeem herself.

I mean, the ending was literally about how she wanted to be a better friend and how she was going to work hard at it for Steven. So unless they just default to more suffering instead of her actually getting better, it could be alright.

Attached: 1567633298968.jpg (582x547, 31K)

spinel only getting one episode in season 6 and it's her in town interacting with random people

>YOU GONNA LEAVE ME?-SOMEWHERE?
>YOU GONNA LEAVE ME ALONE?
Gotta day, Kate monster really fucking crushed spinels lines in this movie. This one in particular was VERY good.

If only I could find a girl that loved me that much

Modern political correctness doesn't seem to leave any room to forgive anyone.

No one is going to forget Spinel. Obviously there's been all this discussion about her because the movie just came out a week ago, which will dissipate soon enough, but Spinel has clearly been extremely well-received. She's a somewhat complex and sympathetic villain while having cute qualities. I'd reckon she's entered into the pantheon of beloved SU antagonists. She's probably already dwarfed Aquamarine and the other lesser antagonists just by virtue of being depthful.

Is this how the Diamonds feel about Pink?

The Diamonds are like broken machines. They can't complete their programming, so all the leftover energy is going into keeping them stuck in an unrelated loop.

Spinel has generated way more hype than any of the villains.

I just can't get out of my mind everytime I watch an episode now that shes still in the garden, waiting for pink, smiling, all alone, happily for 6000 years.

I usually obsess over new SU shit, but I stopped thinking about the movie/her like a day after I watched it. Aside from rewatching Other Friends a few times.
There’s just nothing for me personally to really obsess over, and Pesterquest came out so I shifted into full Homestuck mode

Laughing at all the people who thought her design was shitty/too simple before the movie came out, though. I knew this board would go nuts over her when they saw her in action

>being half spinel

It was nice to see a little deeper into a character than just a menacing intro followed by a half year hiatus.

Thats for the best, ever since i watched the movie i couldnt stop thinking about her and knowing that she Is not real its fucking shit.

Only if it's funny.

>Happily

By the time the series starts she was probably in that ragged state of doubt

>Not cooking for her so you don't have to go to restaurants
>Not texting her constantly because you genuinely love her
>Not dicking her down till you collapse because she's cute as fuck
>Not showing her other ways of affection just because
>Entertaining the idea of breaking up with her in the first place
Maybe you're the one that doesn't deserve her user.

>Imagine if she had never been found but you find her and she’s so starved for contact that she doesn’t believe you’re real and she starts begging you to please bring pink here and for you to tell her that she’s there.

>Imagine her repeating these things and crying until becoming more panicked as you get closer until you actually touch her.

What do you do user?

Attached: 40F78AD3-9B00-44E4-BB0F-C4B6BBFB91C1.jpg (600x338, 44K)

This
On one hand you feel really bad for her and wish Steven would’ve at least paid more attention to her when she was rejuvenated, but on the other hand it would be soul-drainingly exhausting to spend more than one day with her. To keep her happy you’d have to dedicate your entire life to her, and put your needs and wants on the backburner. And you’d have to have the energy and patience equivalent to playing children’s games with like 50 6-year-olds every minute of the day

She’s a gem that was made to be singly fixated on friendship to one gem, but she needs to see that she can have multiple friends. There should be a Spinel paradise for abandoned Spinels where they can all just be friends with each other

>Steven cleans up all of Pink's messes.
>Dies of old age.
>Pink returns and enjoys the results.
>Runs into Spinel on Homeworld.
>"Hey! You moved. That means I win!"

It's thick
It's hard
IT"S OUTTA CONTROL!

>year is XX19
>gems and humanity are now bond together
>turns out that the whole war effort left the empire quite in disarray
>too many gems doing nothing
>diamonds and humanity come to an agreement
>each human will get their own gem to take care for so they don't go mad or something (see the whole injector incident)
>of course, the gems that are stable enough are allowed to be free but those that wish for guidance get assigned a human
>you're being a human with a shitload of free time on your hands are granted a Spinel to handle
>your very own best friend
>she constantly seeks to invade your personal space though she is not too pushy about it
>she constantly try to make you laugh with silly yet innocuous pranks
>pretty much she feeds off of your attention... but she also obeys you when you ask for your own privacy
>even if it is clear that solitude hurts her
>eventually the two of you begin to bond perfectly
>you can invade each other's space without the other minding one bit
>the same happen with the rest of humanity as human and gets get to live together
>whenever you're down she can cheer you up
>whenever she is down you can cheer her up
>everything is swell everything is sweet
>as you get older your best friend, your one true companion remains the same
>maybe you found a human lover, maybe she is your lover
>it doesn't change that the relationship you have with her goes beyond any bonds
>she is no more a servant rather she feels like an extension of yourself
>you're one of a soul
>that's when it happens
>you two fuse
>you become one of the many hybrids on earth
>turns out hybrids can happen with fusion between a gem and a human
>so it is that you are now yourself and your best friend Spinel
>bond together for as long as her gem will endure time
>a new form that is made of a love so pure that nothing will ever break it
>true eternal friendship

I'm not good with this kind of stuff but this is a tribute to you OP.

Attached: 874.jpg (240x193, 16K)

>only wants my attention
Can do, goodbye 4channel

Giving birth wouldn't kill her, it's giving her gem to her offspring that would kill her.

>that build-up as Spinel's composure began to unravel
>BAM! PRESTO! CHANGE-O! PROBLEM SOLVED! Well think again, you're not getting rid of me that easy...
Sarah Stiles fucking killed it.

No she wasnt.

Hug her for 6001 years

> " No, I won't abandon you... But full disclosure, my species averages about a two digit lifespan. That's if I'm lucky enough to not be hit by a bus and not slip in the shower. "

Well if Steven Is there, we could kys and make him pink us.

I'd rather not have my entire existence even more dependent on a fat jew than it is already.

There's some 20 minute video that explains the gem timeline on the frederator channel it's basically all you need. then you can watch some random 2 minute clips on youtube of peridot. that's all you really need.

I don't think I care for that plan.

jump into the (rose's) fountain of youth

Gimme a story prompt to write about Spinel with

Attached: tumblr_pxachkrfOG1w1z93ao1_1280.png (1182x1563, 826K)

Spinel kicks me in the balls and calls me a devastating slur.

Instead of singing she realizes the diamonds also abandoned her and slices them up because fuck diamonds. NO GODS NO MANAGERS

Spinel's thirst for Steven's sexual friendship reaches critical mass.

She grows a penis

Spinel befriends young user who's happy to play games with her all day. Then he tires of playing games when he grows older and Spinel does some strange things to get his attention.

>Spinel does some strange things to get his attention
Grows a drill to penetrate user with her pink liquid?

>I watched the entire show in 3 days so I can watch the movie user. It's honestly not that bad but some episodes are really boring.

I envy you. Hiatuses were torture.

basically this, minus the obvious exaggeration
spinel's clinginess never gets resolved in the story and for her to just pass her attachment from pink to steven to the diamonds isn't changing anything
she needs to learn that at some point she won't need anyone to validate her existence or function, just as pearl herself did; that she is her own gem and she doesn't need to depend on anyone else if she doesn't want to

Attached: file.png (500x552, 340K)

>Take a show like Infinity Train, there's a ton of character development and a shitload of things happening without making a cheap song about how every character feel every other episode.

The finale was shite.

Is that metal?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

If this leads to interesting things maybe the movie was worth it after all.

>retards actually believe that Spinel would be even half as dysfunctional as this when in the movie she's self-aware to the point where she loses the will to fight 2 out of 3 times knowing how backwards to her nature and harmful it is, and talks about how she fucked up the friendship thing bad and would prefer turning a new leaf when dipshit Lapis pretends nothing happened

Not that Spinel doesn't have issues but this is a severely deluded post, even the fucking torturefag is more in-character.

Attached: 1558753247020.jpg (480x262, 19K)

....Attempted planetary genocide is not the same as misgendering someone, user.

...misgendering. I just used that phrase. HOORRGGHHHH....

...I suppose that without any further information I would attempt to comfort her.

Although she would probably kill me for my trouble once she realizes I have no idea who this 'Pink' is.

>she’ll come to your house
Well now I HAVE to stop thinking about her

Attached: 1567464233005.jpg (720x621, 29K)

Heh.

Could be the endgame. An entire planet of gem hybrids like Steven.

Steven is not jewish: his mother was a space alien.

Change that last line to "murder you with her bare feet" and people would snap that shit right up.

>Spinel is an incredibly toxic person.

Spinel is a toddler, user.

I hate saying this because here it's incredibly creepy but generally she's most comparable to a small child, obviously after 6,000 years her intellect has advanced and even "reset" is an unnatural smart small child. But she's clingy because she's literally your 3-year-old daughter and like all 3-5 year olds is clingy and obnoxious. She is a little kid taught to be that way and raised to be that way.

user looks for the fountain of youth to spend eternity with her

muh dik

Friendly reminder that if Spinel met you, she would lose interest in having friends.

I wonder what would have happened if earlier seasons Steven found her and had to break the news to her.

Gems are never children, waifufag.
They know what they need to know when they are born. Rose stated outright she envied humans what gems can never do: change.

Bam. Now we know why she killed herself. Same reason as Morpheus: change or die. She couldn't change... so she died.

youtube.com/watch?v=8DcWY8aGPbY

The board would have been even worse. No evil angry Spinel, just sad crying cute little Spinel.

>Any quirk in Spinel's behavior can be fixed with frequent open palmed spankings.

Spinels are mass produced best friends from homeworld, because now that there's peace in the universe, gems needed a proper export so they started exporting themselves.

On earth, a horribly depressed user is gifted a spinel for his birthday by a relative. He truly loves his spinel, but everything in his life keeps going wrong and pushes him further and further down his depression spiral, and spinel desperately tries to save him from himself. It reaches the point where user wants to kill himself and spinel doesn't know how to handle it because she'd be a bad friend if she let her best friend kill himself, but would also be a bad friend for stopping him from doing the one thing in life that would finally bring him happiness.

How it ends would have to be up to you. Redemption arc or end it in suffering.

did the guy had a seizure when he was recording this?

this is the most cursed image i saw on this board and i saw that Baby Smurf Torture Porn

Attached: ANGERY.jpg (530x300, 87K)

>"If you want to follow me to work, you have to become pocket sized."

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-10-11h48m51s596.png (1920x1080, 668K)

>the episode where they go through warp pads looking for those peridot ball things
you'd think if pearl was never a cunt about it, steven would have eventually investigated the garden much sooner?

The galaxy warp had already been destroyed. They could only warp from Earth locations.

>implying Spinel wouldn't think it's a game, squeak 'My Turn!' and spank user into the upper atmosphere

Attached: yernewbestfriendYERNEWBESTFRIEND.png (540x305, 158K)

that SUCKS

>her reaction to being told "I love you" and that you never want her to leave your side

Attached: 1567656828868.jpg (1213x1410, 170K)

It's just how he sings.

It can't be just anyone, user.

She was made for Pink Diamond. Even more than Pearl was and how did that turn out?

best song in the movie?

nice get, but fuck you for learning me about that shit

youtube.com/watch?v=kk-T755ba3E

now THAT is a face of despair

Attached: 1567575943427.jpg (1085x1080, 106K)

based

this.
it's zuke tier projection, warping a character for fapbait. she's not a snivelling emotional vampire, she's just a little clingy because she has been alone a long time

Attached: 1548165076594.png (543x515, 241K)

It's a great song, so it's really too bad the first thing she did in the movie was delete any sympathy I might have had for her by trying to murder every living thing on Earth.

I am constantly stunned at how instantly people run to her defense, as if what was done to her was in any way comparable.

Shut up, Sugar.

at least she said sorry
unlike some characters

Attached: 1567725492503.png (1280x1449, 370K)

at her best

Attached: 1567911477282.jpg (782x1080, 107K)

Kid, if I were in charge of this show it would have been a whole different show.

Not better, probablly. But different.

"What? It's all from the kid's point of view? No. No way. Take a leaf from 'Star versus the forces of evil'."
"But it's supposed to reflect that it's a kid's point of view..."
"It's literally autistic and reduces all other characters to at best NPCs and at worst props that don't exist if he is not looking at them."

"What? You can't have villains that evil AND powerful! That would make the whole show a pit of despair."
"But isn't it good to have powerful villains?"
"He has to have a way to defeat them."
"He can just talk them out of being evil."
"And how will he punish them?"
"...?"
"THEY'RE JUST GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT???"

Attached: 1568241351952.png (1200x1371, 1017K)

fucking yikes

Attached: Made_of_Honor_(345).png (1920x1080, 987K)

Lapis literally had a cracked gem. And she wasn't trying to murder a planet, she was just trying to find a way to return to homeworld.

"I have been trapped all alone without help or hope for five thousand years. I want to leave this terrible planet, I want to go home..."

"I have been standing in the same spot because I was told to for six thousand years. There was nothing to stop me from leaving this place and go look for my beloved mistress, I just never did. Now I know that she is dead I will avenge the wrong done to me - which, as you recall, entails being told to stand in one place - by murdering her son, who has no idea I exist, and his entire species,as well as all other forms of life on his planet, who are completely blameless in this."

Out of all the personalities you could've chosen to be today, you chose a gay guy.

Honestly, what are Sugar's ethics?

As far as Steven Universe characters go wanting to destroy just one planet is quite the upgrade in terms of personality.

They're measured by her nose.

Explain?

At some point they need to have a villain with unrepentantly selfish motives, while being savvy enough to pretend they aren't that way.

being better at writing than you apparently, being that you just put the bar on the floor

A candy bar?

She apparently considers Spinel to be a toxic character.

Attached: EESjXZJWwAEG4AA.jpg (540x413, 67K)

lapis literally tried to drown connie just for being there at the wrong time

aquamarine?

i thought that's where spinel's breakdown was going. in retrospect that would have been a very sad ending so its probably good that didn't happen.

Attached: bad g.png (1280x1078, 654K)

Ironic seeing as how Spinel's the best thing she ever created.

Aquamarine comes across as an asshole, but she's basically operating on orders from the diamonds.

Well that's something.

Her gem was still cracked, she had been released from fifty centuries of solitary confinement less than a day before, she had no idea what humans are or that they can drown, and she was defending her tower because she just wanted to go home. If they hadn't come to her it would have played out the same, except she wouldn't have been healed. I bet she would just have started mindlessly flapping towards the nearest Galaxy Warp (On the moon? Mars? It has to be somewhere close) and eventually end up on homeworld, and get harvested as a damaged gem for her trouble.

I kinda like Lapis. She makes no effort to be liked.

>lapis literally tried to drown connie just for being there at the wrong time
she was scared, trying to escape earth after being trapped for thousands of years, and the CGs were trying to stop her from getting home.

But she enjoys those orders. She enjoys her work.
She's a sadist.

But she gets away with it in the end. No punishment. Steven is nice to her and lets her play with the Diamonds. What is the lesson here?

You're making the assumption that gems automatically have free will. They nearly all need to go through some traumatic shit to break their view of reality and consider that they're not just disposable tools. Even the diamonds had to go through Pink dying to break protocol and choose to cluster-nuke a colony instead of harvesting it.

>Irwin describes a toxic person as anyone who is abusive, unsupportive, or unhealthy emotionally—someone who basically brings you down more than up. “You may begin to feel dependent on him or her for their opinion, doubting your own,” she says.
>“Toxic people are draining and leave you emotionally wiped out,” Thomas says. “They want you to feel sorry for them and responsible for all their problems—and then fix these problems too.”

spinel is selfish yes, but she doesn't actively pollute her relationships and drain people. she is extremely forthright in her motives and her alliegences.

now, lapis is toxic to a fault

I literally can't stop making memes out of this girl, am I autistic?
I'm an officially diagnosed aspie so yes

Attached: stevefagsbtfo.png (1147x721, 953K)

Not sure why you bother. You aren't good at it.

>waaahhh I got stuck in a mirror and now I'm a big bitch all the time

Cheer up you blue cunt.

"i almost drowned lots of people"

Of course I suck at it, but I enjoy it at least.

Forgive me, as I haven't taken the time, but how was the movie-length animated version of a sitcom recap episode?

Oh, the spoilers don't like hyphens, I guess.

The lessen is people can make the decision to change to better themselves. It was literally spelled out in song during the final act. Spinel then goes on with a speech saying friendship is gonna be hard for her but she wants work at it.
Sucros is referring to Spinel's character at the beginning of the arc as toxic, not the end.

I mean, I'd do it for Spinel, but honestly living forever is something I'd do anyway so it's w/e

here's sugar's music playlist for the character
lots of songs about stalker love. maybe she got changed a bunch in second drafts
youtube.com/watch?v=IT7e8OtHzKM
youtube.com/watch?v=ajTN-Gzfb5A
youtube.com/watch?v=2umrJs8Ppac

Why are you calling it the movie version of a sitcom recap when you clearly haven't seen it, because that's not what the movie is about

Lapis never asks anyone to help her fix her life.
It's just that her own methods are a little... bad.

"What are people? And what is 'drowning'?"

Ever been stuck in a small enclosed space without being able to move?

Has no one else noticed how oddly specific this all is?
Worryingly specific? Like, "this might have actually happened to user" specific?
Or user was the one doing it specific?

Isn't that what the Rolling Stone said it would be?

user, i appreciate if you like lapis but she is objectively an asshole. that was the appeal of the character back when she had any consistent personality at all beside lapidot bait

Attached: 1509831624210.png (800x1132, 339K)

Your shitty waifu should have stayed at the bottom of the ocean where she belongs.

As such it was good.

And that's it? You just say 'sorry' and everything is all right? Just like in that one cartoon?

Attached: The sliding scale of morality.jpg (956x978, 157K)

the only one of those i think an adult spinel would actually do is
>Drive her to her therapy session. She keeps trying to convince you that she's all better and doesn't need therapy anymore

because she'd probably be a depresso fuck

Seems like they never really directly discussed which side of the war was responsible for putting Lapis in the mirror, or why. She certainly blamed the Crystal Gems, and all of them knew she was in there. Flashbacks showed she was poofed by a Bismuth. They glossed over whether she was cracked before or after being placed in the mirror. If the mirror was a way to keep her gem from getting worse, they didn't mention it. Mentioning why would of course mean admitting to being responsible,.

>she is objectively an asshole. that was the appeal of the character back when she had any consistent personality at all beside lapidot bait

Fully agreed. She is ornery, antisocial and aloof.

My waifu was dead at the start of the show, user.
I am not that guy who used to post

Lady of the sea,
happy as can be
Can't help but wonder if she'd be happier with me

Every goddamn thread.
Not every character you like is your waifu.

Attached: 1464701349692.jpg (1172x816, 776K)

>still has rose as a waifu even now
user is brave

people kept talking about her arc being in reverse. maybe when show is over, we can have someone cut together a video of all pink/roses scenes backwards so we can appreciate dat character development?

Attached: 1500804492293.png (1376x2431, 986K)

Lapis is no asshole
youtube.com/watch?v=bf2vqyD1JXg
Look at how she tries to save Steven when she thinks he;s trapped like she was

>hates spinel
>likes the genocidal lunatic fighting herself in a civil war who then just decides to leave in the middle of it all fucking everyone who fought by her side and never even solving a single problem they created

Attached: spinelmad.jpg (300x203, 44K)

Pretty sure they covered that in 'Same old world'.

(checks)

Yeah. She was poofed by (a) Bismuth, her gem form was put into a mirror by a Homeworld soldier who just assumed she was a rebel (why? Were there any Lapises among the rebellion? That seems counterintuitive) and when the evacuation happened, her mirror was dropped and stepped on, and that is when she cracked. So... honestly, it's Homeworld.

>I am constantly stunned at how instantly people run to her defense, as if what was done to her was in any way comparable.
oh like you've never fucked up

Attached: 1567661684167.jpg (675x1077, 84K)

That's what I want, too.

The last words we ever heard her speak were a declaration of love for Steven.

She "fought herself" precisely because she WASN'T a genocidal lunatic, despite it being completely culturally accepted for her and being expected OF her. She didn't "leave" in the middle of it all... she fucking well KILLED herself, and became someone else.

So many people seem to think Rose was just a disguise. It wouldn't surprise me if it's another 'trans' metaphor: she was much happier being Rose than she had ever been as Pink. Everybody expected something of her - expected her to be a certain something, that she wasn't happy being.

She's cute.
So people will defend her no matter what she does.

And that's it? You just say 'sorry' and everything is all right?
Considering this is a show about exploring emotions I the think the most thematic punishment for her was already about to happen before the Diamonds cop-out ending happened.
Spinel's "programmed" to be a best friend to somebody. And in the end, realizing she just wanted to be Steven's friend more than anything and knowing she will never have it because of how she fucked everything up and exiling herself would've made a fitting consequence given what we know about her.
But instead she gets to live happily ever after starting over elsewhere. So, meh.

I've never tried to kill more than a handful of people.

Evidently...!

I didn't say she didn't do that, now did I?

I don't think people defend the idea of nuking the Earth. They defend the idea that Spinel was unstable and traumatized because she was a victim. The only connection she was ever allowed to have with anyone was with Pink Diamond, who proceeded to treat her like a disposable toy.

Attached: 1567489454331.png (1280x720, 575K)

>>I've never tried to kill more than a handful of people.
>More than a handful
Is there something you want to tell us?
But, we knew what she looked like before the movie, and we just shit on it for being a Jenny clone, literally no one cared about her until they actually found out what the character was like and what they went through.

I liked the memes so don't listen to negative nancy here.

she wasnt cute before the movie.

Attached: spinel happy.jpg (1404x1382, 184K)

would you prefer pure and innocent Spinel or post traumatized + potentially dangerous Spinel as your best friend?

I'm sorry, but what in the shit did you all see in this dumbass show about a fat should-be social outcast with mommy powers?

the latter, we could suffer together

Attached: 1548454724060.png (188x239, 23K)

That's shit man. The visual representation of their experiences that the Gems go through when they reform is the greatest thing about the show's concept.
Imagine walking up to your friend and saying you'd prefer them without all their lived experiences lmao. "I know your dad left you but man you'd be cooler if your life didn't shape you into the person you are"
Like fuck you I'm sorry for not being a literal blank slate.

Attached: 1568063994292.png (249x227, 95K)

This hurts
artist name?

sure it is. but people just objectively didn't care about spinel before her design, behavior and voice turned out to be cool and cute. it's not because the cumbrains on Yea Forums have especially high standards in writing

Attached: 1564264539636.png (600x1200, 246K)

>but people just objectively didn't care about spinel before her design
Because we saw the design before literally anything else?
They also didn't care about spinel until after her personality and story was shown. You're being retarded and dishonest

Why do you have that

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-12-18h36m05s985.png (1920x1080, 751K)

you took that question far too seriously. I presume you want the obsessive spinel that would try to kill you if she thought she'd have to relive that same experience she went though, well worth the risk I guess?

her cute design user. learn to read.

The way she words spinels description makes it sound like spinel is in the wrong. Like sorry but nah what Pink did to spinel was literally pure treachery. Niggas sit in the final circle with satan for eternity for that shit. Nobody with a heart would think spinel needs to just get over it. to be honest after finding out you should just let her use you as a punching bag to get it out of her system. people don't do shit like that anymore because they're too much of a pussy to just take it but it helps, Its why she opens up to Steven after he gets the shit kicked out of him because she knows she doesn't really want to after actually doing it.

Getting left behind for 6000 years is sad but the part that makes spinel really feel tragic is she was cheated out of actually being a part of the story and being what she was meant to be even after returning. Steven made friends because he was growing as a character and person over the course of his story, learning and experiencing new things. It's literally felt like it was too late for Spinel to actually be a friend because Steven doesn't need more to help him figure out himself and his life, his life was complete and established. He even sang a fucking song about it. Spinel probably really hated Steven at the climax because she realized. And it was only after Steven admitted that his happily ever after isn't real and he'll always have more work to do did she really see that she had gotten through to him.

Attached: 1567552242943.png (157x266, 67K)

a much better question: if spinel asked you, her best friend, to help you kill a guy, would you do it?

Attached: shakea.gif (375x211, 949K)

Which we saw at the same time as literally everything else? Which doesn't even explain all the art of normal looking Spinel. I'd say you're being retarded, but you know you're wrong, and just saving face,

>
Getting left behind for 6000 years is sad but the part that makes spinel really feel tragic is she was cheated out of actually being a part of the story and being what she was meant to be even after returning.
what if they did a daydream spot where spinel imagined being part of the crystal gems

Why not?

>I presume you want the obsessive spinel that would try to kill you if she thought she'd have to relive that same experience she went though, well worth the risk I guess?
She was literally trying to be better at the end of the movie user.

But the major appeal of kids' media is that you can have this dream world where everything is over the top, from the villains to their sympathetic backstory to their redemption. Why would you WANT to introduce real world consequences to this equation? What's so damned unsatisfying about a happy ending? I don't get it, man.

>yeah your best friend basically abandoned you under false pretense and yeah no one cared to even think about checking on you, despite the other diamonds going through pink's shit all the time, and yeah maybe that's a justified feeling of complete betrayal that you should lash out about but YOU SPINEL are TOXIC and you should stop being an asshole

perhaps post movie spinel may have recovered enough to be safe, but damn does she have issues, a normal human like us would get killed pretty easily by Spinel.

They're just edgelords upset a character ends up happy and that it makes other people happy

Attached: 1567715706454.gif (545x532, 422K)

waifufags unable to bear the thought that their waifu is a damaged shitty person

Some people find depressed damaged people attractive because they think (or know) that they can help fix them.

At least I do.

That's the best part of SU. Every character is a piece of shit.

At least one person can always give her a hug.

Attached: SadSpinel.png (1593x1507, 318K)

the salt in this thread is real. While I can see where some anons are coming from, Sugar is right.

>a normal human like us would get killed pretty easily by Spinel.
It's a cartoon. She's not real.
>but damn does she have issues
that doesn't make anyone, especially if that person is real, less deserving of love and friendship. Spinel is fictional so it doesn't matter, but this is a terrible mindset to have in general

>Is there something you want to tell us?

Just a throwaway joke, user.

Nobody is so retarded they just stand in the same goddamn spot for 6000 years because they are told to. It's pure plot contrivance, shoved into us with the lubricant of a brilliant song.

I can believe she'd chill out. Her anger was a brief thing. I mean her whole arc from realizing Pink was dead and had abandoned her (s'yeah... she had no idea before, what a silly girl) to going to the Diamonds was just a few hours.

Why would they even create her with the capacity for such anger?

>Implying I wouldn't behead thousands to make her smile.

BFF's for life

>Just a throwaway joke, user.

Attached: 1567827830321.png (427x502, 136K)

No fucking shit, but imagine being with someone who would try to fucking strangle you to death if they had any slight idea you might want to hurt them. That's not safe. Spinel would be locked away in a mental asylum if she was real.

>why would the diamonds who forced shards to fuse for fun do something fucked up??

Gee I don't know.

According to twitter those people get their very own marvel comics to write.

She unironically should have. Listen to "Found" and the dialogue around it, Steven was willing to give Spinel a second chance, but she basically blew it and fucked up his entire town, and said she wanted to kill him even more, like on a personal level. She made a choice how to react to her pain, everyone does. She chose to be vindictive and hurt other people because of it.

it's just dumb that spinel gets the toxic label despite sugar making some far worse characters, intentionally or not, who haven't been called such.

besides, just because the creator claims to have portrayed something, doesn't mean they actually succeeded

creating a being capable of love means it must also be capable of hate

>come to earth
>the thing that looks like pink diamond (to you) is basically telling you to 'get over it lmao'
>literally didn't hug her once

yeah I'm thinking fuck you.

user should start a thread with this

>Redemption arc or end it in suffering.
Why no a mix of both?

the fact that she is such an over the top character with wacky physics is what makes it hard to slap real world labels like toxic on her. you could slap pyschiatric labels on most film characters, for the simple fact that film characters tend towards extremes because moderation is boring to watch

Attached: snake in a can.gif (480x360, 2.03M)

I think my issue with it is the idea that Spinel is more "toxic" or less worthy of friendship or redemption than any of the other gems.

Peridot, Lapis and Bismuth all tried to murder Steven. Pearl tried to kidnap him and take him off to space because she couldn't get over her suicidal devotion to her former slave master. Ruby and Sapphire can barely function as individuals when separated. Amethyst took on the form of Greg's dead loved one more than once because he wanted to take a break from watching a dumb sitcom with her. And the Diamonds committed genocide.

They're all damaged and traumatized immortals trying to learn more about morality and human styled relationships after escaping the confines of an alien dictatorship. Who in the show isn't toxic if you're going to apply grounded standards of morality to them?

Attached: flcl.gif (640x480, 170K)

It's not a happy ending. The villain gets away.

The heroes get nothing - they are right back where they started. All they have are the memories of yet another attempt to murder the Earth by someone who got away scot-free.

That is not true either.

How does that saying go? "If you meet an asshole, that's an asshole. If you meet assholes all day long, guess what - you are an asshole."

Her evil is infectious...

Not for fun, as experiments in the creation of a giant super-weapon.

Another question we'll never get answered: why did the Diamonds want a living weapon the size of a large planet?

Attached: the_cluster_by_joanatiago-da2xdyd.png (713x1120, 1.26M)

name ONE good character on SU that isn't Greg.

Spinel is a little more of a loose cannon though, the idea that they "redeemed" her only for her to turn around and become highly aggressive again was great to watch, but it makes her look far worse than any other gem we've seen on screen, who appear to be considered sane unlike Spinel.

That's what a functional support system is for. She was alone for 6000 years and lashed out at the very first face she saw when she couldn't deny the truth that she was abandoned anymore.
Yeah, her lashing out was by any definition an attempt at genocide, which, in real life would be grounds for execution and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly, but in a cartoon where a girl can escape from a mirror and steal the entire ocean, aliens can build a weird human zoo to placate their whiny sister, the alien empire creates a living monstrosity in the center of the planet for basically no reason but to see what happens, someone's friend can shapeshift into their dead wife to mock them in the middle of a petty argument, and someone fleeing to the moon is what they do when they didnt want to go to far away
The scales of "wow that's an overreaction" are kind of tipped in a way that makes Spinel's response not seem so severe, and thus make Spinel not seem so irreparably broken of a person.

Obviously there's straight up yanderefags in the threads but that's more about their fetish than anything the character actually does, or could reasonably be expected to do

>creating a being capable of love means it must also be capable of hate

That makes for a good soundbyte, but that doesn't make it true.

>some far worse characters

What characters have done worse things? Seriously, I am asking. The Diamonds were propagating their race, and while destroying entire planets is... abominable... the process was very gradual. It took centuries. Humanity would have died off gradually, as crops failed to come up and game got poorer and poorer, until the final human lay down and died, never even knowing hunger was not the default state of being.

They certainly did not watch it happen.

(Although? Yellow did oversee an actual invasion...)

Nonetheless. Spinel was going to kill all life on Earth quickly, horribly, not in the name of some spurious higher purpose, but out of bitter hatred - against someone who was already dead, so it wouldn't even do her that little bit of good.

That's the worst thing anyone in this show has ever done.

>she's the worst because she is mentally ill

Attached: cat1.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I liked the movie but questions still stick out in my mind that I was hoping they'd answer:
Where did she get the injector? Where did she get the rejuvenator ?

Vidalia.

>for basically no reason

That we know of. The phrase 'geo-weapon' was used. A weapon is always made to use against someone or something...

if i made a truce with someone and a gun fell out of their pocket, i would have questions, to say the least.

The scales of "wow that's an overreaction" are kind of tipped in a way that makes Spinel's response not seem so severe, and thus make Spinel not seem so irreparably broken of a person.
this. spinel doesn't seem all that bad in context when you consider what other shit everyone else has done to avoid having a ten minute awkward conversation

>against someone who was already dead, so it wouldn't even do her that little bit of good.

I wish they expanded on this more. Would have been cooler if she showed up to earth all mad and then heard the news of pink's death leaving her completely lost.
And then of course Steven like an autist showing her the gem and sends her into a murderous rage thinking this whole time it was another act of deception at her expense.

Everyone had their ups and downs. Lapis tried to drown Steven and Connie after he had already helped her and got her out of the mirror. She proceeded to get into a sadomasochistic relationship with Jasper and ran off to the moon when Steven told her that danger might be on the way.

what punishment would an already long tormented character need, and to what end considering she already learned and wants to change?

>Why would you WANT to introduce real world consequences to this equation?
I actually don't, I was trying to relate my reply to the person I was replying to that the characters aren't getting away as scott-free as implied.
Personally, I don't really care if a character is "punished" for their actions as long as it's clearly shown the character has learned from their mistakes and has demonstrably grown.
That said, I still find the ending underwhelming because I want to see her character continue to grow and the Diamonds made way too easy of a solution. It flies in the face of Spinel talking about working hard on the friendship thing. I would much rather her trying to make things up to Steven.
It's not much of a happy ending for me, it's just... bittersweet, I guess.

Attached: 1551219575871.gif (319x255, 263K)

And how did she even know such items existed?
I suppose it is possible she just warped to the nearest Gem base, demanded to know "How do I kill an entire planet really quickly?" and wrung the answer out of whatever unfortunate gems weren't quick enough to escape.

What would she deserve?

>She proceeded to get into a sadomasochistic relationship with Jasper

Agreed, a definite up...

>And how did she even know such items existed?
I think it's possible she learned of their existence hanging around pink. We don't know how much time she actually did spend with pink, but enough time evidently.

>What would she deserve?
a fucking hug would have been nice. I bet Spinel would have even accepted an ass pat.

kinda does. to gain true attachment to a person you have to be aware there is an alternative

if she stayed on earth she wouldn't appear in any more episodes cause she'd be barned. at least if shes offscreen we can imagine she's having fun with the diamonds or some shit

>literally didn't hug her once
They weren't there yet. Steven didn't hug Lapis the fist time she was on earth either. He still held Spinel's hand and comforted her, but she chose to interpret everything as deception or betrayal, and then go right back to trying to hurt them. Even the misunderstanding could have been smoothed over, she just immediately went back to vindictiveness and lashing out.

>Nobody is so retarded they just stand in the same goddamn spot for 6000 years because they are told to.
>Why would they even create her with the capacity for such anger?
If they could've decided not to give her the capacity for rage, why couldn't they create her to be incapable of doubting Pink? That's basically what she was designed to be, completely trusting and naive, and that's why she waited. Then, when details came to light that made it impossible for her to be that way anymore, it broke her and basically flipped (heh) her personality, filling her with feelings that she perhaps couldn't have experienced any other way.

NOT EVEN AT THE END! NO HUG!

Attached: pearlwhatdidshesayaboutme2.gif (327x555, 1.77M)

>>Nobody is so retarded they just stand in the same goddamn spot for 6000 years because they are told to.
she was mentally a child
pink stood a child in the middle of a field and was like 'i'll be right back i gotta go get cigarettes'

I imagine Homeworld is like the society from The Host (I only watched the YMS review) where, for some bullshit reason, everyone just inherently trusts everyone else. In The Host, for example, the main character is able to get a car from an alien in a human body by just asking for it. That might be how Spinel got her stuff, but that would also make Homeworld fucking retarded.

>the heroes get nothing
the payment for heroing around is survival, which they got

she could have just done a little jester dance for the guards and infiltrated the place that way

He was busy trying to undo the fact that she almost destroyed all life on earth.

Would you guys give her a hug? Would you teach her how to sleep, how to dream?

>What characters have done worse things? Seriously, I am asking
You can argue that Blue and Yellow Diamond were following orders, but White Diamond was bloody insane. She killed or mind-raped anyone who questioned their slavery, purged those who were born "wrong," and forced everyone into an immortal totalitarian empire that consumes entire planets for the sake of endless expansion.

Attached: white pearl.gif (1442x1971, 2.62M)

hey connie! Maybe give your boyfriend a real kiss before leaving for space camp and he'll know you're his girlfriend.

No more hugs, Spinel.

Attached: 1470149002777.gif (187x220, 610K)

Heh, that makes way more sense.

>That's the worst thing anyone in this show has ever done.
What the fuck are you on about? The gem empire has destroyed countless planets, a lot of them probably with sentient life. No "higher purpose" justifies this, and not having a "higher purpose" makes genocide more or less okay.
Spinel tried to destroy one planet and was talked out of it in a day, the diamonds have destroyed thousands over thousands maybe millions of years.
Spinel has (as far as we're aware) killed a ground total of 0 people.
Rose started a civil war that killed thousands
Underneath the surface of the earth there's an orb made of thousands of dead gems, created by the diamonds
In space there's a zoo full of people who didn't know what love or freedom was until Greg had to avoid their literal fucking ritual
Rose stabbed Bismuth instead of literally just talking to her or the diamonds.

What the actual fuck are you on about

AU where spinel left the garden and killed rose/pink diamond out of sheer spite

Attached: 1546633126966.png (1100x1400, 526K)

Attached: spinel.jpg (500x410, 34K)

BASICALLY

Attached: tumblr_pufz1x9pFK1u0a1ido1_1280.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

>And that's it? You just say 'sorry' and everything is all right? Just like in that one cartoon?
Yeah. the whole philosophy of the show is about forgiveness. That's Steven's whole deal. he'll fight you if you fight, and he'll get stronger and beat you, but if you ever decide you'd rather have peace he'll accept your surrender.
The show doesnt explore its obvious counterpoints. Except I'd say spinel is an attempt to do so. Spinel is unreasonable and steven cant talk her out of her plans. He had to demonstrate spinel couldnt beat him in a fight, and she had no choice. IMO it's not a GOOD response. It has to mischaracterize the point
>What if steven faced a truly unreasonable foe?
>Well he'd just beat them up and then they'd become reasonable at the end

Hey why should I be mad? At least she said goodbye this time. I just wish I hadn't wasted 6000 years playing those STUPID games. Hey you know what, you a-ain't gotta do nothing, Steven, y'know it ain't like I'm was made yesterday y'know? and I'm gonna be like sitting up every night asking myself "when is pink diamond comin home?" y'know? Who needs em? She wasn't there to teach me how to use a scythe but I learned didn't I? and I got pretty damn good at it too didn't I Steven? Got to Earth without her, right? I stole a big drill, I learnt how to use it, learnt how to fight without her. I had SIX THOUSAND great birthdays without her and she never even sent me a damn video call. TO HELL WITH HER!! I don't need her then and I don't need her now. Nah you know what Steven? I'm gonna colonize this planet without her, I'm gonna make an army without her, I'm gonna fuse me a hunny, and make a whole bunch of gems, I'm gonna be a better diamond than she ever was!! AND I sure as hell don't need her for that because THERE AIN'T A DAMN THING SHE COULD EVER TEACH ME ABOUT HOW TO LOVE MY FRIENDS!!! How come she don't want me man??

>Spinel has (as far as we're aware) killed a ground total of 0 people

Not for lack of trying, which makes it morally genocide.

Everything you mention, even the horrors committed by the Diamonds (the Cluster comes close) is not as bad as trying to murder thousands of species of living beings out of hate and spite for someone who is already dead.

And also I am getting fucking sick of little twits blithering "She started a civil war that killed thousands" like it was for a lark or something.
IT WAS TO SAVE THE PLANET FROM DESTRUCTION, YOU FUCKING MORONS.

Also I think the Zoomans know what love is. And they seemed happier than anyone else I've seen on this show... another strange message.

We've never seen Rose fight. She might have been pretty scary.

Fucking Lars

Attached: Webp.net_resizeimage__14_.0.jpg (1200x800, 155K)

I love this. I hope it's true.

Notice the dog did not set fire to his owner's home after he learned he'd been hit by a car and died.

She's not flawed, Pearl even said she was flawless.

>We've never seen Rose fight. She might have been pretty scary.
can't have been harder than steven, can she?

we do actually see her fight in the answer, she's quick and decisive.

noboy's perfect

>even the horrors committed by the Diamonds (the Cluster comes close) is not as bad as trying to murder thousands of species of living beings out of hate and spite for someone who is already dead.
The Diamonds did murder thousands of species of living beings.
You're fucking stupid
>Also I think the Zoomans know what love is. And they seemed happier than anyone else I've seen on this show.
They were literally selected by some AI to be paired together with no control over their lives
You're stupid

>It was to save the planet from destruction
>Literally waging war against herself and killing fuck knows how many of her own subjects on both ends

Could have just gone "It's my colony and what I do with it is my business." and saved everyone a whole lot of grief.

peridot said pearl was 'fancy' but she's still pearl

>can't have been harder than steven, can she?

If Steven is as powerful as he is, at age 16, despite having Greg "I'm a lover, not a fighter" Universe in him and his power, raw, unleashed, can give White Diamond pause, Pink Rose must really have been something.

....She must have held back a lot, otherwise people would have started putting two and two together.
As-is, there were probably horrible rumors...
"When she killed Pink Diamond, she absorbed her powers... that's why the shards are inert, lifeless... she drained it all"
"By the stars. Are we fighting on the right side??"
"...Would you rather be fighting against her?"

They did, but not of hate and spite, but out of a normal, natural drive - the same drive humans have: to propagate their own kind, and which we execute in much the same way.

Okay. I see you are all the way up your own ass. Have fun in there, Spinelfag.

If she had done that, Yellow and Blue would just have sighed, relieved her of command, sent her to her room and colonized Earth themselves.

Whether this actually would have happened - and who would know better than Pink herself - is less important than this question: could she risk it? With everything at stake? I repeat it time and again: she could not drop the ball. Not even once. That is why Bismuth was bubbled, too. She could not risk a schism.

Fancy isn't perfect, though. If Pearl were a perfect Pearl the rebellion would never have happened in the first place.

>TFW the Diamonds want to give Pink a gift on the occasion of her first colony
"A Pearl! It should be a Pearl."
"Bah! Remember what she did to the last one?"
"So? We'll make this one tougher. Stronger, faster, more agile."
"A Pearl, though? Boring."
"Then we also make her more playful and creative. A very special Pearl!"
"Hmmm... she does need someone to help keep her head in the game... but then she'd have to have an unusually strong will of her own, stronger than any other Pearl... "
"See? You're getting into the spirit of it already."

>TFW Pearl was made to be special
>So she was special
>So special she ended up unintentially toppling the Diamonds

I wonder if Pink was born from some subconscious awareness White had that she was in danger of losing touch and becoming an unfeeling tyrant.

get off my back
YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER

Attached: 1550298573738 gimme a hug.jpg (221x225, 5K)

I think that depends on how many of her crueler standards were already in place by the time Pink came around.

Cause I think the "unfeeling tyrant" bridge has already been crossed when your streets are patrolled by robots programmed to cleanse undesirables on sight.

Zircon, your opening statement?

Attached: trial.png (990x664, 536K)

Yellow Diamond is truly the best diamond.

you know it

Attached: 1532326307202.png (1270x800, 525K)

statement

Attached: statement.png (1938x1102, 1.78M)

>Not wanting to sleep in the arms of your girl
>Not ever having had the experience of sleeping with a girl, waking up before them, and just laying there letting them still sleep on you until they wake up too
>Not supporting your girl with her therapy and her trying to prove to you she's better for the sake of making you feel better
>Assuming she's that insecure about you looking at someone else, and NOT using that to prove that you're there only for her and you can function outside of her little bubble... and using it to prove she can function outside of it too so that you can be Independent Together
>lolwut? She wouldn't follow people to the bathroom. And if so, use it to teacher her like above comment
>Just as you will constantly console and comfort you, her sole purpose for existing is also to comfort and console YOU
>Will NOT hate every single friend you have because she was cool with the others after being taught a lesson
>Her bursting into tears is a problem that you should want to support her through until she's stronger
>Not using the moment of not having sex/affection to help her grow stronger and build trust between you
>Assuming she'd have medication, and assuming she'd stop taking it at risk of disappointing you (seriously you're sending mixed signals. Is she devoted to you or not?)
>Yeah that break up would happen, but what fuck would break up with Spinel?
>Wouldn't suicide, but might get angry. Though it took her 6,000 years to get murderous so... that's fair enough.

Attached: 1461872523993.jpg (300x188, 11K)

What can you say about STEVEN UNIVERSE?
What the heck can you say about STEVEN UNIVERSE?
>laugh track

Attached: trial zircon.png (1938x1102, 1.37M)

Look, everyone. Look. He posted it again. Oh boy. I bet posting spinel threads makes you feel like a new man huh? Like a shiny new toy, polished and waiting by the christmas tree? I bet you feel like a faucet right now, just gushing with love for your brand new hollywood-issue waifu. I bet you’re sitting there right now just beaming with pride over your accomplishment. “Look, mother!” you cry, “Come and see my new spinel thread!” but mother does not hear you, for she has passed out from her opioids yet again, sprawled on the sofa like a pile of rags. I wonder how lonely your life must be. I wonder how starved you are of interaction that you cling to these friendship fantasies, hoping against hope that by posting this thread and bringing more attention to your precious character into this world, that she’ll manifest out of pure cosmic energy and give you a big hug. Is that what you’re waiting for? To be hugged like you hug your crystal gem body pillows? You know what, I hope she does manifest in your room. I hope she appears, takes a look around at your disgusting heaps of soda cans and pizza boxes, and strangles you where you sit. She’ll never love you, user. She’ll never love me, either. She’ll never love anything. After our parents and pets are gone, nothing will love any of us. Kiss your spinel photos goodnight if you must, masturbate to her smut, keep making these threads. It’ll work this time. For sure. Right?

Attached: ren_is_pissed.gif (220x163, 748K)

im taking requests

Can we get a /spg/ (Spinel General) Discord server?

I wanna post and discuss about this fotm more

one happy spinel please.

Alternate timeline where Spinel wasn't left behind, and takes Pearl's place.

Can you make a kinda cute and possibly subtle Spinel desktop background?

Happy spinel getting headpats

Attached: tumblr_mqgrx1N8Fg1qe9g4mo1_r1_500.jpg (500x730, 173K)

spinel/pink diamond fusion? you're a cool person user

Spinel and Steven wedding with the CGs, Diamonds, and Connie reacting in different ways

Based and Gregpilled

Spinel literally forcing herself to smile by using her fingers.

>You will never introduce your extremely clingy emotionally-damaged best friend/girlfriend to your friends
>You will never help her heal and learn to love herself
>You will never have someone as close to you as Spinel would be

Why live, bois

Attached: spin.png (1107x853, 652K)

/tg/ here can I ask whoevers spamming SU shit in /tg/ to fuck off please

Crying Spinel holding her rejuvenator scythe in a way that makes it look like she's strongly considering using it on herself.

DAMAGED

Nah
She didn't have Pearl's 'settings menu' after being reset. Spinel's are generally friendly, especially when they're owner-less like Spinel

Some would say that having an emotionally damaged, clingy girlfriend would be a bad thing, but I think could handle it. I don't have much to do with my family, and my only friend is a veteran with ptsd who's probably going to off himself soon, so I think I could pretty much dedicate most of my time to her.

Trust me, I had an ex-gf who had a lot of self-image issues.
It's draining, but you know she feels security in you.

Wouldn't spending all your time with that type of person be bad for them in its own way?

I guess it depends on the person.

A reverse spinel where her base form is the bad one and the other is the good one

Attached: Spinevil.png (500x280, 176K)

oh fuck she's super cute.

this is great
keep it up

Attached: smile.png (743x656, 733K)

>Trips of Satan
I’m gonna have to second this

Lol this is literally my ex word for word.
Am I a spinelfucker now?

Attached: 1564324400273.jpg (639x606, 55K)

Source?

heh

>.......the garden?

Attached: 2.png (1514x814, 749K)

You're one based motherfucker, I'll give you that

Attached: 1568092015518.jpg (592x541, 80K)

>...

Attached: 4.png (843x857, 354K)

Attached: 5.png (779x857, 330K)

>Steven didn't even bother to restore the garden

Attached: 1534005554028.jpg (550x550, 54K)

There's a word for Steven's entire family tree. It starts with N, has an I and two Gs.

That word is Negligent.

No she's not, she's EVIL

Attached: Spinevil fucking dies.png (500x280, 171K)

>i regret ever watching the steven universe movie

Me too, it was fucking stupid
>I've come to kill you and your friends
>Fuck you
>Oh no you slashed me
>Still fuck you
>Steven we need her to fix the thingy
>Fine, I'll tolerate her
>Here's my sob story
>Get over it
>ok
>Cool, moving on...
>What? Wait, I'm not over it after all, I'm going to kill you again
>Fuck you
>I still hate myself but I just remembered you tolerated me for 20 minutes when I lost my memory, so I give up
>The End

Attached: sigh.gif (500x300, 264K)

Like father, like son

>But, we knew what she looked like before the movie, and we just shit on it for being a Jenny clone,

Since when? A lot of people want to fuck Jenny, people were biased towards Spinel since the start.

The movie felt more like making good on a contract deal than an actual Steven Universe movie. It had all the production value of a movie, but none of the weight you expect a film to have, but it makes sense considering where in the timeline that we're getting it. It's right after the tentative series finale but also right before the next season that we know nothing about. What it lacks in cinematic depth, it makes up for in being a fun musical and celebration of the series. The movie alone manages to have a handful of contenders for best musical numbers in the series, and for that, I can say I thought it was great.

>didn’t even watch the movie
>posts oversimplified tl;dr of movie anyway
>all for easy (you)s
k

Spinels actions are found out by white and yellow and they decide to punish her by placing her back into the garden and her reaction to her punishment

>this is just literally me
fuk

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-07-18h04m13s321.png (142x152, 37K)

So are you user or Spinel?

That was before her memories came back. Even so, Pearl's word is hardly God's.

I would deal with post trauma spinel because I could take care of her in the sense that she wouldn’t get worse and she would slowly get better hopefully before I die. no romantic relationships anything past that just a friend that would be near them when they need it. Steven would do that shit so it can’t be a half bad idea

It's such a sham Bismuth barely interacted with her, she had the ground to relate to Spinel more than anyone else. Killing Steven department too.

>my ex did at least half of those things
>i left her for that extreme toxicity like 5 years ago
>i have been alone since then bc 50% ex trauma - 50% too shy/uninterested to socialize
>now my brain is telling me i would kinda like that kind of relationship with somebody spinel-like

how fucked i am Yea Forums ?

Attached: i miss her.png (1383x778, 434K)

>a lot of people want to fuck jenny
exactly the reason if people liked her for her looks they would have just kept posting jenny who already has plenty of porn and content

Sounds like a completely reasonable series of events, as you'd know if you've ever interacted with someone who was emotionally unstable.

It's simpler than that retard. She was created to be Pink's friend, literally her life's purpose.

Okay, somebody bury this.

Attached: what the heck can you say about pink diamond.png (1280x720, 332K)

>Decide to save money by planting some basil, thyme, rosemary, and other assorted windowsill herbs to spice up your life
>You thought it would be a fun little activity you and Spinel could do together, and maybe she could learn about plants and shit
>Instead she smashed her fists down on your poor innocent rosemary, burst into tears and locked herself in the bathroom for hours
>Fuck, you forget about her past experience with gardens and the color pink
>You opt instead to slowly reintroduce the concept of gardens into Spinel's life by buying a nice, stable, boring ficus and putting it in the corner
>Every month you buy one more plant and put it somewhere
>Spinel accepted the ficus as a new resident, even tried to make small talk but then accepted the ficus was more of a strong silent type
>She even came to terms with a cactus in the bathroom, but flowers or anything that could flower were her hard limit for acceptability
>You hope she'll let you keep some chamomile in the backyard, though

>completely reasonable series of events
>as you'd know if you've ever interacted with someone who was emotionally unstable

Well which is it retard. Either way it's shittily written. Everyone speaks as if Steven talked the villain into defeat. Did anyone even watch the movie? Spinel literally talks HERSELF into defeat, Steven hardly says anything to her.

yeah, me.

>Steven literally didn't try to hug her even once
This still fucks me up desu

I'm sorry that's happened to you. You will be better. It will take time.

STOP SPAMMING THIS FLAVOR OF THE MINUTE SHITFU ON EVERY BOARD

Spinel

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-09-07-18h04m07s855.png (720x406, 236K)

I don't think there's anything fatally wrong with you user. I think you're someone who cares about others and you want the opportunity to be someone's rock. The fact that you've already been in a toxic relationship and came out of it unwilling to enter another only speaks to your emotional growth.

PLEASE BE IN LONDON

Spinel may I shake your hand and grasp your upper arm warmly while someone gets a photo of us? I want to show my friends who I’ve shook hands with today.

I think about her everywhere I go, work or home.

Attached: 1567692772664.jpg (1920x1219, 384K)

god these old designs for Pink were just so much better than what we got

This dog is clearly smarter than most.

the rubber hose style will always be associated with the kind of innocence that is doomed

Attached: 1567741906098.png (220x234, 6K)

based

so, is your complaint that steven did nothing to save the day?
because he did tank her blows into surrender and self-realization, as well as saving her ass from the explosion despite not needing to, showing that he cares

imagine she heads to earth and joins up with rose to gain revenge on pink not realizing they're the same person

It's both? Are you incapable of understanding that the behavior of the irrational can be rationally depicted? You oblivious cunt?

How many fucking unstable people do you deal with a day besides yourself?

>wrapping her up in a warm hoodie on a chilly fall evening and giving her a big mug of hot cocoa

Attached: 1568337788104.png (2022x2545, 1.7M)

As I'm basically the therapist of my group of friends, it used to be about 5, now it's down to just the one. He's a work in progress.

artist?

Spinel is dutifully waiting in the garden when spooky and scary shit starts happening.
She wants to GTFO but she also doesn't want to disappoint Pink.

Movie is as shitty as your life.

Hollow deflection. Get some more life experience, kiddo.

Attached: 1564869959191.jpg (605x558, 54K)

For a therapist you sure are pissy and mad.

Watched the show cause it was a cool concept despite the sjw overtones. Now that Spinel has rubberhosed her way into my every waking thought....have a question. Gems bodies are pretty much hard light constructs similar to how the various DC lanterns powers work right? Am I remembering that correctly? Their actual "body" is their gem and the physical form they use to interact with the universe is made of light???

Anyways if that is true....are their bodies cold? Maybe the same as the ambient temperature of whatever environment they find themselves in? Would a big ole wrap around hug from Spinel be warm?

I think a Gem's body CAN create heat. Maybe some can just create more than others. Ruby evaporated a whole swimming pool once.

Don't be a shitbird and maybe help your vet friend out. Drive them to the va and get then some help. If they off themselves and you saw it coming and did nothing I hope you catch their aids via the skull shrapnel that takes out your eyes.

I said I was a therapist for my friends, not an actual honest to god therapist. And you're not my friend, buddy.

Oh so basically you just have a bunch of psycho friends and you're taking your frustrations out on me.

So is that a gem specific thing? Like how sapphire does ice stuff? Regardless I would settle for an icy cold Spinel hug. Always able to bundle up. Hell, maybe share my biological heat, start taking thermogenics, whatever she wanted.

>spinel will never wrap me up with her arms

Attached: man-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-additional-40382314.png (500x516, 407K)

OOOOH OOOOH I KNOW
Ever seen the film "1408"?
Those six thousand years spent alone?
It was actually all in her head.

>CONSTANT need to console and comfort her, will call you up in the middle of work to ask if you still love her
>Will hate every single friend you have, won't accept that you're capable of having more than one friend and that it's her
>Will burst into tears in the middle of normal conversations because she's suddenly convinced she doesn't deserve you and that she's dragging you down
>If you ever turn her down for physical affection or sex because you're too tired/busy then she'll overthink it and become convinced you don't love her anymore
>current girlfriend does all these

I love her but holy shit the madness really takes it toll anons

Attached: 1568057496214.jpg (403x461, 138K)

There's probably something mentally wrong with me, but that sounds... kinda bittersweet in a way.

Like, it'd be exhausting, but also super cute.

Crying is cute. In a vulnerable sort of way.

She didn't say Spinel is bad, she just said that Spinel does bad things out of pain and confusion. She's a hurt being who needs help, which she fortunately accepts at the end of the movie.

It's some form of malleable alloy in pin form, yes.
cartoonnetworkshop.com/products/steven-universe-white-diamond-full-body-pin

Attached: 1548719403910.jpg (1920x1440, 675K)

I understand wanting the experience because I stood where you stand, but that's the thing. It is an EXPERIENCE and once you've gone through it you really don't need it again in your life, especially for the same reasons and without a break in between.

Someone like spinel (or really, anybody suffering from BPD symptoms) will take that beautiful, emotional, relationship defining experience and make it into a HABIT. You will be stuck reliving the same episodes, fighting the same battles, crying the same tears. You will never get a chance to move past these things because people suffering BPD can't move on easily.

So yeah, the first time Spinel crumples onto the floor because she had a bad interaction with somebody and it reminded that she was thrown away and it makes her feel unloveable, at that time you'll run over and hold her in your arms and promise to stay with her forever and make sure to love her like you've never loved before, and you truly sincerely mean it from the bottom of your heart.

But what about the 53rd time she crumples on the floor as soon as she steps inside? What about the fifth time that week where she's not doing so well and she keeps having panic attacks because she can't stop imagining you walking out that door and never coming back. Maybe she's even self-aware enough to realize that these are just thoughts and that they in no way reflect on you, but that won't stop her from feeling the emotional anguish coursing through her every few hours-days.

I'm just gonna say it. Love ain't enough, mental and emotional health has to be prioritized and the problem with people like spinel is that they'll ruin yours in an attempt to improve their own. And the worst part is that they may even realize what they're doing and be unable to stop themselves from doing it. Nature of the beast and all that.

Attached: 4bd.jpg (680x932, 87K)

>Wake up in the morning, have to wait 30 min~1 hour for Spinel to wake up so she can untangle her arms from you
Sounds comfy
>Spend the morning convincing her that just because you were mean to her in a dream it doesn't mean you're going to leave her
Cute
Worth it
>Can't take her out to eat at a restaurant because she'll spend the entire time making sure you don't look at anyone else
Implying I would look at anyone else
>Follows you to the bathroom and stands by the door until you're finished with your business
Hot
Cute
I don't have friends
Literally me
If you don't give your gf a quick cunnilingus then you don't love her.
>Almost certainly going to stop taking her medication at some point and become even more violent/emotional at the tiniest thing
You have to be there for her anywag
>If you ever do try to break up with Spinel then get ready to have her show up at your door for weeks, will stalk you online for months/years
Why the fuck would I do that?
>threats of suicide, threats of murder, threats of murder/suicide, etc, etc
Clearly a sign that I need to be a better boyfriend.

My mom is bipolar as fuck so I'm used to it. My dad has probably has a kink for it and I unfortunately got it too. I rarely see her sensitive side though as she always masks it with anger, so I'd think I'd fare well with a sad, clingy gem like her. It's not like anything about me indicates I'd run away from her or anything. Normal people would feel repulsed, but it's familiar for me.

Spinel isn't as broken as you guys are pretending she is.
Of course this is the same board that thinks Jasper was raped.

Yes, first user was exaggerating to a massive degree.

I was depressed for 3 days straight because I had her songs stuck in my head.

Attached: 1463550446860.jpg (512x384, 45K)

god, I have that relationship with someone. It's really fucking tiring but what the fuck am I going to do? I'm so burned out from being emotional support.

Attached: 1406820379914.png (838x959, 322K)

I still feel pretty down because I was one of those oblivious clingly types when I was younger and never made any more friends after the few that have long since moved on with their lives

You know the thing about Spinel wanting to destroy all life on Earth I assumed that the show implied that that Gems didn't have much compassion for humans and saw the somewhat like unintelligent animals or whatever. Even the Crystal Gems(outside of Amethyst) didn't really care about anyone on Beach City until Steven invited them to that volleyball game. Like every gem can't comprehend why Steven cares for his fellow humans, so Spinel was simply killing something he cared about without being aware she was killing sentient creatures with emotions similar to hers.

The thing is, unlike other gems, spinel can be "taught" what is right and wrong. She wasn't born with morality, only instructions on how to be a "good friend" which really just meant court jester. When Steven shows outwardly that ignoring the problem doesn't help she tries to give advice. The problem is she learned from pink is to never trust anyone's word.

She made it very clear in her reseted form that she was well aware she was killing all life on earth, since she was essentially treating everyone the same.
She was still scorned by Pink's abandonment to care.

Pink takes out her frustration and anger on Spinel. I'll give it a shot first.
>Pink sat on her throne with her legs hanging over the armrest. She sipped from a silver chalice of iridescent wine. Her gaze was fixed on the swirling, starry liquid in the cup. The hall was empty save for her and her limber little jester, Spinel.
>Pink took a sip. Her face had been hard and cold since going to discuss the possibility of running a colony of her own.
>"Is something the matter, my diamond?" Spinel asked cheerily. "You look real down in the dumps over something!"
>Pink stared off into space with a furrowed brow. She took a deeper sip.
>"Your services and input aren't needed right now, Spinel," Pink sighed, with drops of the technicolor tincture clinging to her lips.
>"Well, if you say so," said Spinel, surprised at her Diamond's dour mood. "But if you want to talk, I'm always here! As your bestest friend in the whole world, I always love to hear what you have to sa-"
>Pink lept to her feet and hurled the chalice across the room. It soared through the air like a stone launched from a trebuchet, trailing spectacular, luminous wine in its wake.
>Spinel felt the air against her head as the cup soared past, missing her by mere inches. A jarring metallic clang filled the room as the chalice hit the wall and fell to the floor tile.
>"I don't want to talk to you!" Pink roared, her voice expanding to a cacophony in the hall's interior. "All you do is baby me! You're just as bad as Blue and Yellow! I'm so sick of everyone treating me like an imbecile!"
>"I," Spinel started. I'm s-sorry my Diamond, I didn't-"
>"Leave me alone!"
>Pink stormed out of the hall, leaving Spinel shakily standing by herself in the immense throne room. She shakily slumped to the floor. Tears welled in her eyes as she processed the enormity of her failure.
>"I didn't mean anything by it," Spinel whispered to herself, holding her head in her hands. "I'm a horrible best friend."

Attached: 1553869264094.png (6831x4995, 768K)

Yeah, I love Spinel but she was clearly ready to ice all of the "wonderful friends" that were part of the happily ever after that Pink Diamond abandoned her for. She was just too far gone with grief and anger by that point to care too much about collateral damage.

hold on a sec, now i realize, are you telling me Spinell would LITERALLY be trixie on that weird episode and follow you to the damn bathroom for insecurity ?

is there anything more based than this ? literally the dream

youtu.be/0579pxR15ro?t=270

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

So is Spinel hopeless? Is she just fundamentally incapable of redemption? I'm getting this bad, depressing feeling from these this thread that she'll never truly stop being toxic and has to be put down.

Attached: 1434050629785.jpg (637x641, 91K)

Fuck this. I love my gf with all my heart but shit has to be healthy or were both miserable. And what your saying is consistent/true.

Trauma can be overcome, but it's a deliberate process that take a long time and effort.

are there psychologists on homeworld that can guide her through this?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 10.41.48 PM.png (1082x729, 521K)

that's because you wanted a small brat-waifu space empress

She could healthily work through her consuming fear of abandonment and destructive lack of self worth but they didn't have time to do that in a 2 hour movie.
So they slapjob her in the last 10 minutes and kick her out the door.
No because they decide to resolve Spinel and the diamonds' codependency issues by leaving them to be codependent on each other so Steven can safely ignore them. They probably won't actually heal, but until the diamonds tire of Spinel they will be functional, and this may take a scope of time incomprehensible to humans due to the gems' nigh-immortal natures.

>she's so toxic that she's literally trying to poison people
there are no words, calling her a hack isn't close to being enough

spinel was both jester and Herald, and so had access rights for most Pink artifice

Kek

Not bad for a first pass

>No because they decide to resolve Spinel and the diamonds' codependency issues by leaving them to be codependent on each other so Steven can safely ignore them.
This pissed me off. And the stupid fucking characterisation that reversed the Diamonds’ character development. In S5 they were suffering and depressed and thanks to some intervention from Steven, resolved to change things for better both for themselves and their subjects (who were also suffering even worse). Now they’re just “but we did these nice things because you, O great and wonderful Steven, asked us to lol”

FUCKING WHYYY

Attached: bigspinungus.png (1809x2000, 489K)

It didn't even have dogcopter

What happened to the Steven universe comic book

found him twitter.com/TheRegyman/status/1169062824615849985

If SU had an actual theatrical release they would pull a South Park and open with Connie and Steven going to see the new Dogcopter movie

meant for

a serenade courtesy of her /aco/ thread

youtube.com/watch?v=PSoOFn3wQV4

Attached: 1567709151211 - Copy.jpg (3207x2279, 3.75M)

Aww fuck, I can't believe you've done this.

Or spank the lower half into fine red mist

Draining a planet of it's oceans isn't murdering the rest of all biological life?

extremely based

beautiful post

youtube.com/watch?v=s20h7uJ8CCI

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VIT5Q7UuY

I dont know why but I really like this.

Good luck with that.
Nobody can escape the universe.

>Ruby evaporated a whole swimming pool once.

Someone did the math and that much heat in such a short time means she kicks out as much energy as a nuclear reactor.

>Jasper was raped.

Thanks, that's one boner that's not going away any time soon

Again: she was cracked, so not in her right mind... and did she even know what organic life is? Negligence, selfishness and stupidity (something all gems seem to suffer from), but no malice. Spinel, on the other hand, was all malice, all intent: mass murder.

When you really love someone, you try and be as patient and supportive as you can, but you fight as hard as you can to get them help from the right places and improve. I've had friends and partners I've helped through things. If you help them to feel like they want to improve, and put the wind in their sails it's worth it.

The key is seeing when you can't help and bowing out for your own sake, but I think it's worth trying.

>Take a show like Infinity Train, there's a ton of character development and a shitload of things happening without making a cheap song about how every character feel every other episode.

Infinity Train was cliche shit.

Is there anyone Pink diamond fucked over harder than her? other than steven

Attached: top 10.png (468x353, 273K)

Maybe we'll find one next season.

pink pearl?

Attached: 1546643999136.png (1280x1280, 251K)

why is she so angry?

Attached: spinel angery.png (672x601, 121K)

Because the artist omitted her chubby, pinchable cheeks.

cant find that one. any help?

This guy gets it.

That doesn't make it a good story. Its enjoyable, but not good. Also, stop hanging around lunatics, my guy.

Fucking this. I've been through this shit and it is not something anyone should ever have to deal with. This user gets it.

You either dont know what you're talking about at all, or have only dealt with very minor cases.

Dont give me this "When you love someone" nonsense. When your partner decides to have an episode in public and starts screaming at you, hitting you, and trying to get bystanders involved in an argument that she started over literally nothing, you realize very quickly that love has nothing to do with it. I've been there man, where showing up two minutes late to a date she planned at the last second set her off, and next thing I know shes running screaming through the city streets, while I chase after her trying to being her home. Meanwhile people are stopping all around us "Honey, is he trying to hurt you? Are you okay?" Then when you finally get her home she tries to slit her wrists and you have to wrestle a knife away from her.

No. This is not something to be fetishized. Its sick behavior that ruins lives.

Why the fuck would you not be friends? A friend by definition is someone who likes you and wants to be socialize with you.

Those aren't actually mutually exclusive.

This is basically what Sugar meant by her being a "toxic character". She doesn't come off like this in the movie but the subtext is there. I hate these kinds of people. ONE wrong step and MONTHS of progress is gone, not too unlike how Spinel went crazy after seeing the regenerator in Steven's pocket. I was so relieved when she realized she was overreacting and stopped attacking Steven. Real people unfortunately don't have such neatly packaged character arcs. I wish the show could portray mental health issues as masterfully as the movie did. I feel like Spinel actually helped other people realize some stuff about themselves.

Attached: 1568242423951.png (540x413, 220K)

>the mentally ill are doomed to be loners in a society that abandons them and treats them like trash

Life is truly a comedy

Would steven even bother try to redeem (YOU)?

the video that will shatter the spinel-as-waifu dream
youtube.com/watch?v=AeGEv0YVLtw
i've been where this guy is. Many men have. Many more women have. Hell, there are kissless virgins out there who have put up with this kind of abuse because that's what they think friendship is. There are children who take this kind of abuse from their parents. And abuse is pretty much standard practice in American workplaces now.

the one thing the video doesn't address is that abuse propagates. Pink was a sociopath and abused Spinel. Spinel was an untreated trauma survivor, and if genocide hadn't been her first instinct, she'd probably have dished out that trauma to the next guy. (And in my case, my abuser's mother tried to murder her.)

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 9.43.12 AM.png (971x659, 487K)

Fusion = closest thing gems have to sex
Lapis forcing Jasper to stay in a fusion Jasper doesn't want as a way of hurting and exerting control over her = closest thing gems have to rape
It's impossible to overlook the glaring sexual assault metaphors made out of Pearl violating Garnet's consent by tricking her to fuse during the Sardonyx arc

Poor, poor naive user

>months of progress
He sung her one song and she was like hopeful again, and then Steven went full natural 0 on speech check.

Why is Steven written to be unconditionally empathetic and emotionally intelligent in some cases but then as an insensitive retard in others

Because the movie tried to squeeze too much story into 90 minutes, which also had a lot of songs. Seriously if they let Steven and Spinel just talk, either Spinel would even more crazy than she appeared in the movie, or her reactions would be more understandable. As it is, both characters come across as a little retarded, but because Steven is OOC in the movie, it’s way more jarring from our perspective. They should have brought Garnet back first, not last. They could have used her character more to help Steven since she’s cool-headed. Pearl should have been the last gem they brought back.

like you wouldn't be suspicious as fuck if the supposedly peaceful adversary had your weapon of death in his coat pocket the whole time when he had every chance to dispose of it

Attached: biggs.png (786x765, 171K)

Spinel is weak

Attached: 1568163569974.jpg (689x1199, 175K)

>There should be a Spinel paradise for abandoned Spinels where they can all just be friends with each other
Thats hot.

It appears she was not aware of the incident
Also her voice cute

Attached: what happened.jpg (808x666, 200K)

Yes

She’s perfect

I thought gender reassignment surgery song was in poor taste.

Like this

Attached: 4fec13a754f56[1].jpg (540x405, 38K)

They really stepped up their shit with the closeup shots in this movie

Attached: EEWTdPuW4AA-qS4.jpg (2894x2039, 667K)

>that genuine white diamond smile compared to her usual fake one
cute

Attached: Change_Your_Mind_1001.png (1920x1080, 730K)

I always saw that smile as “I guess you were right. This does feel nice.”

Especially when Steven sung a song to Amethyst about always being there for her no matter what she is or becomes. That’s literally the perfect set-up for him to say that to Spinel (since it’s obvious she is remembering this song when she flips) and Steven drops the ball so hard he nearly ends the planet. Lmao.

>got mindraped so hard her gem cracked
White Diamond was an even bigger bitch than Pink

Fuck sake Yea Forums you would love and forgive hitler if he was a sad pink bubblegum women.

Like realizing you have been a slave your whole life and someone comes around and says you can walk away whenever you want.

Still better than /pol/, then.

Post traumatised because not only the reasons stated in But also because blank slate spinel acts like a literal toddler and I would find that grating after a wile.