Show only lasted for 2 Years

>show only lasted for 2 Years

wow, what a failure.

Attached: oh kay kay 0.png (800x800, 260K)

Other urls found in this thread:

the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=79763
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How long has your show lasted for, user?

it should've gotten cancelled day one.

I just started watching it.
I wanna fuck Enid and K.O.s mommy.
The intro is slick

>basing a show off of Lakewood, Ca

As a Socal user, I am slightly disgusted in a snooty way.

>Everyone ignored me in the other threads so I made one myself
>People have to know I don't like this show
>THEY HAVE TO KNOW
>WHY CAN'T THEY SEE
>WHY AM I THE ONLY ENLIGHTENED ONE?

It lasted for 111 episodes though

Two seasons is the standard in animation. Come back when this show gets cancelled after four episodes.

It definitely wasn't a failure. It passed the 52 half hour threshold and had more episodes in its 2 years than Chowder or Flapjack which went on to be well respected classics. Even it died in a short amount of time it was a big 2 years.

You have quite a hateboner.

I hope you enjoy it.

Longer than Young Justice. Pretty good

>not one outlet has talked about OK KO's end
>NPR puts out a segment today about the SU Movie
they spent a third of the time talking about how gay it is

Attached: 1460137913742.gif (500x375, 371K)

That's an eternity compared to the standard Cartoon Network series. Those usually get 2 months, then off to go die a lonely death on Boomerang.

Oh yes, because Summer Camp Island, Apple and Onion, Powerpuff Girls, Ben 10, Craig of the Creek, Total Dramarama, and Fully Charged are so much better.

It did everything it wanted to do it seems

>browser flash game
>lets advertise the flash game on youtube
>the ads are the pilot
>???
>ok so in this one the ghoul school, captain planet, and sonic team up
Ian is truly a master of persuasion.

Judging from the last episode and various tweets from the creators, there was a lot more that they wanted to do before it ended.

It would've actually been closer to 3 years had it not been for meddling (I think). Cartoon Network held off on releasing season 1 for a while (I think).

Only zoomers think that Chowder and Flapjack are classics

Why does Rad look hot?

It's good too see you fighting to the end user. Have fun!

Attached: 1568255678436.png (263x263, 92K)

People don't get why I don't like this show, but there are only 1 major reason:
>Ian Jones( forgot his full name again) even though has worked on multiple cartoons and is a fan of animation himself, lacks imagination and creativity.

I literally don't understand this.

I was actually going to write 2 reasons, but this one is enough.

Their fault for wasting 3 seasons on useless life lessons.

He just copies what his girlfriend does, or whatever he watched as a kid.

Craig of the Creek is much better, yes.

>all those crossovers
>nobody cares
It had more opportunities to get noticed and succeed than any other show.

Attached: 1394243911081.gif (450x337, 498K)

You don't see his legs

God, I miss SMCs.

CotC is boring tho, not to mention how it's literally just the SU townie episodes disguised as it's own show

Honestly this was decent rerun material, why did CN cancel it?

Asshole execs. From how the crew and Ian have talked about the cancellation it seem that executives just didn't get the show and because it didn't have as large a fanbase as Steven Universe they figured it was safe to cancel even though it had good ratings.
The biggest thing that held it back was sitting in Steven Universe's shadow. Even though it went for a completely different tone and style many people still went in expecting deep lore and characters only to get a goofy, self-aware throwback to cartoons of the 90's and 00's.
It feels like if you want to stay alive on Cartoon Network nowadays you either have to be SoL that can fall into the background and appeal to casual audiences like We Bare Bears or lore heavy stuff like Steven Universe that brings a lot of discussion.

Attached: 1561662229716.jpg (700x724, 95K)

Attached: EECPckFUEAAZaNX.jfif.jpg (695x2856, 307K)

Attached: EEKNmqzXYAAF3Pd.jfif.jpg (2048x1658, 231K)

Attached: EEQ_h1BVAAAoaOu.jfif.jpg (2048x1615, 436K)

The Voxman stuff was so much more compelling and fun than all that POINT nonsense

Enid goes to Sky High were the truly wasted episodes.

Attached: EEBhRfyVAAEUGIb.jfif.jpg (1920x1080, 466K)

>Total Drama

Holy shit how the fuck did that series last this long?

>watched first season
>thought it was whatever
>see fink around
>watch all the fink episodes
>watch the last season
The Boxman Venomous shit is EASILY the best in the show.

Mmm, delicious wholesome content

It didn't have to be bad in theory, but it diverged from the original premise of the show(protecting the plaza from Boxman) and introduced a bunch of lore threads that made protecting the plaza seem secondary. We had enough to explore with Gar's secret missions, the glorb tree, professor venomous, boxman, the robots, Fink, Dendy, and maybe even expanding on the value of the plaza to the heroes success in defeating evil outside the neutral zone.

Ok ko tried to be like 3 different shows, it should have picked one thing and done it well. It seemed like Ian wanted to share his opportunity at having his own show with the crew, letting everyone put in something they always wanted to have animated. It felt like animated SNL, with no overarching creative vision, like a sketchbook come to life

>show only lasted for 2 Years

wow, what a failure.

Attached: zim.png (300x225, 117K)

I didn't care about the show like I do now until Fink and Venomous showed up, they helped round out the world of villainy in a way that made it seem more dynamic and fun. Like how Pow cards were an easy shorthand for explaining the world of heroes, seeing Boxman sell weapons to other villains reminded us that Boxman is competent and his "evil" has an impact outside of harassing three kids. But having Venomous enjoy the cheesey cartoon villainy validated the hijinks and kept our attention on the plaza premise as being fun and worthwhile. Fink was an excellent foil to KO and balanced out the KO and Dendy dynamic. We could have had Rad/Enid versus the robots, and Dendy KO versus Fink as potential conflict groups

it's just a simple slice of life show with cartoon elements. nothing wrong with that.

Fuck you avatarfag

Not counting the Christmas episode, which was held off until Christmas time, it actually only lasted slightly longer than a year. Despite being cancelled in 2002, season 2 wasn't released until the 2004 DVDs, and didn't reach TV airing until 2006.

Cotc is really good

>It seemed like Ian wanted to share his opportunity at having his own show with the crew, letting everyone put in something they always wanted to have animated. It felt like animated SNL, with no overarching creative vision, like a sketchbook come to life
That actually perfectly describes the show, to the point that I'm pretty sure they've even said that that's why they loved working on the show and what they wanted to get across so amy kid watching would go "that silly thing I always wanted to draw isn't that solly afterall".

It would’ve been so much better as Lakewood Plaza Turbo

Also needed more furbait lol

because he is hack, it´s probably his fault all the careless proportion and animation erros SU had

>Venomous never fucked Carol again
Boxman is a fun guy and all but PV has shit taste.

a lot of shows are lucky to go past a pilot

Thats 3 times as many seasons as it should have lasted.

Even the ones that occurred after he left?

yes, he gave the staff the psychology to no following models and be free in their style.

Pretty much this. Execs not being able to understand new things is the quickest way for a show to get axed.

i don´t think this thing had good ratings

To be fair Nick regretted it as soon as they saw the merch sales

people remember this show with joy until these days, ok.ko will be forgotten in less than 5 years

Attached: ezgif-1-addb7ad561c8.gif (600x338, 438K)

What happened to the merch sales?

The show got the Flapjack/Chowder treatment and got a neutered third season.

Would their relationship have lasted long term of Laser didn't happen to hear Carol's mourning remarks?

Attached: as god intended.jpg (632x318, 47K)

They were surprisingly strong, Nick never expected that the show would hold a fanbase like it did, there's a reason why Florpus happened, the only reason the show never got another season was Jhonen.

I thought it was because the episodes cost an insane amount to animate

the thing is that Nick wanted to give the show another chance, but with a very limited budget. Thing that Jhonen declined

In that case, one could say they're to blame for adopting that mentality, or Sugar's to blame for not getting them to stay on model.

He seemed pretty insecure. Even if he hadn't heard that, something probably would've driven them apart further down the line.

I feel like eventually he would get too consumed by his whole wanting power thing. Gar probably wouldn't have gotten the shit he got from Point though.

Laserblast was too much of a insecure big baby over his OP power not being OP enough to not fuck it up eventually

>Oh yes, because Summer Camp Island is so much better.
Correct.

What are you on about? I don't even post Spinel that much I just save a lot

Attached: 1564205651780.gif (300x258, 2.03M)

But it is a swell cult!

My shithow has been going on for about 24 years now. God, please cancel it.

Simpsons?

They're both good shows still

I don't get it, why does Yea Forums want every animated show to be a Masterpiece?

Chowder was good, flapjack had its moments.

Nothing that's not TTGO gets good ratings in murica, CN's target audience is latinos, macacos, chingchongs and europoors

>Nothing that's not TTGO gets good ratings in murica
Because that is all they fucking play and thry put good shows on in fucked up time slots or replace them with fucking rick and morty as a joke, YES IM STILL MAD.

I really like OK K.O., but I gotta say, Apple & Onion is better. Very comfy and very re-watchable.

Everything else you mentioned is hot dogshit though. Craig of the Creek and Total Drawhateverthefuckever are unwatchable garbage.

it's actually based off of Ian's hometown in Maryland

I just wished that the cut short final season was like 26-28 episodes long instead of 20

For 12 years, we've got 6 seasons and 2 spin-offs (one is canonical and the other is non-canonical).

Executives have been a pain in the asssince the beginning of original CN shows, they forced certain creators to add middle segments to their shows

They all say they wanted to make the show they wanted to see when they were kids, and I felt many times they brought to life the things I wished for as a child, but the downside of splitting that creative power between so many people is that it lends to good build up that never pays off. I loved that KO wanted to get to know his evil dad, and I love that Enid and Red Action got together, but dedicating a whole episode to one means the other doesn't get the continuation it deserves. You can blame the cancelation for the pacing, but if you look back it was always like that. Letting so many piggy back on his opportunity means he couldn't pick one vision and flesh it out into something impactful or cathartic. That's why Voxman was the best part, every time Boxman and Venomous interacted it would be fun while still building up to something (their merger) that was fun and led to more adventures (joint parenting). Enid got an arc, Rad did to some degree, but everyone's story put everyone else's story on hold rather than them interacting. The art style is supposed to feel like a sketchbook come to life, but they failed to make a story that was more than that. I still like it, but it doesn't feel like one show

Attached: EEF1CzHU0AECD2x.jfif.jpg (915x1024, 107K)

The villains were great

Attached: 70122320_489269425138943_6629215175417571904_n.jfif.jpg (1080x1080, 204K)

Attached: 67962977_1209011172616386_6011673199065143976_n.jfif.jpg (1080x1080, 81K)

>limited budget invader zim
thank fucking god

>all this grown up Fink art
>no grown up Dendy art

I watched some episodes and I thought it was fun but damn, is it normal that this show is only entertaining when it's focusing in the bad guys?

I'm sure some exists

Attached: tumblr_pxmwrmumqD1qisovzo5_1280.png (850x836, 477K)

I heard Enid gets buttrubs from KO

Attached: tumblr_pxizd4SZYW1w7ix5vo1_1280.png (1024x1261, 929K)

Attached: tumblr_pxhi4gtU821w36msdo1_1280.png (758x737, 24K)

Attached: tumblr_pxizd4SZYW1w7ix5vo2_1280.png (1176x1420, 1.03M)

Attached: EER2ajOXsAAcrAa.jfif.jpg (1536x2048, 355K)

Does she have two sets of ears or something...?

Attached: ED9bpTWUEAAaYD9.jfif.jpg (1618x2048, 291K)

Attached: EEQ-oM2UYAIDaXU.jfif.jpg (535x1024, 86K)

it had potential.

Attached: EELodoIUYAAwE7U.jfif.jpg (1448x1926, 216K)

Attached: 68687956_2287304204915495_1465822821259950472_n.jfif.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

Which one is canon?

Why would KO rub his butt on Enid?

Attached: voxman2.jpg (640x601, 79K)

found this on the Yea Forumsllection.
the-collection.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=79763

Attached: Post timeskip Dendy.jpg (878x596, 82K)

Any pics of Rad looking hot?

Hope you have fun. The show gets a lot of undeserved hate because some portion of Yea Forums think that off model animation is proof of white genocide or something.

It's like how Sonic Boom is only funny when Eggman and his robots are around.

I'm glad you like it user.

Attached: OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.jpg (576x890, 168K)

Kids honestly love baby spinoffs.

I'm pretty sure this was before the Kappa "reveal", but it's still the art we crave.

Attached: 1531262825511.png (1956x2598, 474K)

Same shit.

Attached: 1531262858419.png (2287x2907, 544K)