Why do Americans have such pleb taste in animation?

Why do Americans have such pleb taste in animation?

Attached: C874D0E2-8C93-4997-A486-41424567E638.jpg (2048x1980, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7gMbbkyJwTE
youtu.be/MUnkgRbWulE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because animation is for children user. Adults who watch animation without their kids and people who create animation for adults are fucking weirdos.

Only kids watch animated movies here

If you acknowledge Chicken Little then the disease is already inside of you. I'm sorry.

Attached: tumblr_3afc94e2aee8f42d069680682406ba24_1dc49dda_500.png (500x320, 113K)

despite those digits, chicken little is pleb filter, and you guys just outed yourselves. go back to your steven universe threads

okay first of all, fix your fucking image

Attached: 1568250028235.png (1618x1564, 3.7M)

But I liked song of the sea...

The movies on the bottom also tend to do better everywhere else. Minions made more money in Austria alone than Anomalisa worldwide. Note for our American friends: Austria, the tiny European country, not Australia.
t. France

Attached: l-homme-qui-valait-des-minions,M132630.jpg (455x357, 25K)

Half of those examples weren’t even nominated for best animated film.

>austria, the tiny european country, not asutralia
>mfw im 35 years old and i never knew their was a european austria, that people were just mispelling australia
lol

Why the fuck do Arabs think we suck at geography?

We kept on bombing Afghanistan for the shit that Saudis did.

I bet you like Minions lmao

>implying all brown people in the ME dont deserve it
britian fucked up when they didnt wipe out every people they came across

i hate minions and everything its associated with, because megamind came out same time as despicable me, and the stupid minion meme everyone saw despicable me over megamind, and megamind is certified kino. i didnt hate boss baby, however

Especially norm of the north, nobody likes that movie

Attached: 11123.png (224x225, 10K)

But that's wrong. All the movies on the top got nominations (Waltz with Bashir was in foreign movie but not animated because reasons). The bottom have 1, and Boss Baby isn't even a bad movie.

Attached: rashomon.gif (480x366, 3.38M)

>that timing

Attached: 91141152_o.jpg (550x367, 121K)

I blame Disney for the notion that animation should be only for children.

Where did you think Arnold Schwarzenegger was from?

The greatest animated film of all time is right here

Attached: FF57A2A6-90FD-4A20-A468-587D796EECD9.jpg (2560x1310, 634K)

germany

It's terminal.

is that 2 or 3, cant even tell anymore with Dreamworks

Did you think Germany absorbed a fucking island continent on the other side of the planet?
Without a fight?

why would i have thought that? arnold speaks with a german accent, so i assumed he was from germany. why would i ever have thought he was from australia? i dont pay attention to anything about actors that isnt them in a movie, so i never knew he was from austria anyways until i just googled him now

I'm guessing the marketing and lack of exposure have something to do with it.

I was talking about the Anschluss of Austria during the lead up to WWII.

1>2>3

who of what? WW2 was americans attacking germans on a beach. ive seen saving private ryan

I'm honestly not sure if you're this startling ignorant or just fucking with me.

im just joshing you, of course i know what austria is you silly. im just having fun. i still stand by megamind is better then despicable me, and boss baby wasnt terrible though

You're right

I suppose it’s good that the Dragon movies got progressively better as they went on(with Two being lightyears better than One in every way,especially plot, character design/costumes). The director actually cared about the series and had a passion for them and poured his soul into the movies.

Did you like Dreamwork’s Trolls?

Exactly. Secret life of Pets dominated the box office around the world and knocked off a lot of local movies in the foreign box office. American animation is truly the king.

Attached: A4F4D651-C632-42F5-991B-746D6EACE998.jpg (630x1200, 105K)

the only movies Illumination does that are consistently good are Despicable Me/Minions

Arent you tired of posting the same thread topic

Imagine singling out american when most people overseas never heard/know what the fuck the films on the top part are

Except it wasn't at first.
Or do I have to explain it to you, normalfag?

Please do, I would be delighted to hear.

WwB was ok at best

Most of the films on the bottom underperformed or outright flopped in the US. Minions and Boss Baby are the only films that actually exceeded their production budget.

Ice Age in particular was a series propped up by its overseas box office; particularly from South America and Europe.

Animation started off as a medium made by investors for adults. At the time, children were more or less kept busy with games and toys, meaning that, for the first two decades of the industry, they didn't have time to watch cartoons. Plus, this was back when animation was seen as being just as viable for adults as it was for kids, and the "animation is only for kids" mindset didn't kick in until the mid-late 60s. (late 50s at the earliest)

>not Hitler
>not Freud
>not croissants

Threadly "why is European animation so smarter than American animation" reminder that Minions is basically a French movie.

Attached: 61+ySAiyDKL._SY679_.jpg (419x679, 40K)

>Minions made more money in Austria alone than Anomalisa worldwide
I'm not sure whether to be proud or embarrassed of my home country.

I just used you guys because it made just over Anomalisa worldwide, purely coincidental. Anomalisa made 5.7 mil worldwide. Indie animation runs purely on artistic integrity, none of that shit makes any fucking money.
And that's a good thing. Genuinely.

Attached: Freedom_STILL_06.jpg (1920x1080, 999K)

>Meanwhile in the Philippines
youtu.be/7gMbbkyJwTE

You are like little baby
>Meanwhile in New Zealand
youtu.be/MUnkgRbWulE

You can count!

persepolis was gay as a grapic novel, and it would have been gay as a move.

>He has to go back to fucking 2005 to come up with enough of a shitty list to cherrypick
Lol get out of here

fpbp

cartoons are for children and slow adults, comics are for retards

Oooh. You're getting it pretty deep, dude.

Because American culture prides mercantile mass media over independent works of art. The reason bad movies keep getting made is because lazy parents and dumb kids keep spending real-world dollars to see them.

You think it's just targeting Americans?
The worldwide market is a huge aspect of these films because they eat this shit up. We have the independent stuff anywhere else does

In the first two decades animation was meant for families and adults obsessed with it were ridiculed back then

>lame pretentious oscarbait shit vs soulless kiddie garbage
Eugh, neither
Exactly how fucking hard is it for westerners/eurofags to just make a cool action/sci-fi show for adults outside of the DCAU?

is this a bait? nice cherry picked list dude.

>oscarbait
the ones at the bottom have a higher chance of getting a oscar, the academy is joke made by hacks

NOOOO
I'M AMERICAN BUT I THOUGHT I HATED THE MOVIES ON THE BOTTOM
THIS IMAGE HAS SHOWN THAT MY LIFE IS A LIE

Slow, aren't you?

Attached: 1aL6Yru.png (1062x820, 732K)

Disney made animation for everyone. It was Hannah-Berbera that flooded the market with cartoon targeted specifically towards children and brainwashed baby boomers in to believing that animation, especially Disney films, is only for children.

Modern capitalism starts with America. Name me a foreign animated film that is as soulless and made 8-figures.

Another Nezha retelling: 680 million USD

Attached: Screen-Shot-2019-08-05-at-12.28.40-AM.png (1024x567, 813K)

>Back then

Literally nothing changed.

Attached: come on.gif (500x264, 998K)

No. For the first two decades of the 20th century, especially in the beginning, animation was meant for investors and patenters, and children wasn't being factored in until the 20s and 30s, but there were still cartoons like Private Snafu and Betty Boop that were meant for adults. No one was ridiculing adults for watching cartoons because the animation industry and the smug and superior "it doesn't have real people, therefore it's for children" mindset hadn't combined to create a shitty circlejerk that took years to challenge in the mainstream media.

Samefag

Hi Mark Dindal

First off, Anomolisa was fucking GARBAGE.
Second, we do give a shit, dipshit.
Third, that list is cherry picked from some of the worst movies ever, so nice bait I guess.

Attached: EVIL.jpg (223x226, 9K)

Norm of the North won an Oscar?!?
But really, this is what happens when you stay on Yea Forums for too long dude.

Because our animation sets the global standard

Mike Judge was right

I fucking hate normies, I wish all of you died

nice cherrypicks

Unlimited Bait Works

About?

>Austria not Australia
Ah, well good day mate!

Because so many people are in the mind set animation is for kids. They also don't get much attention as they used to. It all depends on what studios want to promote. Phathom is doing this more so animated movies get more attention.

Cause market is full of wastes of oxygen like that depreciates any non toy bait projects to convince themselves seeing Netflix pleb filter stuff makes them more interesting "hahahaha animation is for kids hahaha i laugh of shitty sex appeal and generic Tumblr like references hahaha hey look another Fast and Furious move hahahaha Amy Shummer is great hahaha"
>inb4 (You) butthurt
Animation isn't perfect neither, actually is full of trash like SU, but is cause anything slighty better than average doesn't sell like the woke normie costumeer arquetype bait content.

Because besides Anomalisa, No of the top are American so why should America bother?

I can assure you as a burger I didn't like any of those bottom movies

>Name me a foreign animated film that is as soulless and made 8-figures.

Any Naruto, conan, pretty cure movies that made 9 figures of Yen

>none of that shit makes any fucking money.

trolls want to act that indie animation is more popular in the “”enlightened”” overseas. Its not really exclusive to americans

FPWP
Next time, get better bait.

Attached: cff.png (625x626, 65K)

>Norm of the North made more money than Anomalisa

Attached: 8E84A8AE-0251-445A-BCFA-00FE2B8F8B04.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Looks like a CGI Gorillaz character.

HB made The Flintstones and Wait Till Your Father Gets Home; those weren’t for kids.

Disney has NEVER made an animated movie that isn’t aimed at children.

Attached: 18BBB0EE-AB00-49E5-8359-7004203BFFA1.gif (468x351, 981K)

This.

"they hated him because he spoke the truth"

>9 figures of Yen
That's barely in the USD millions. Anywhere else, that would be considered a flop.

>HB made The Flintstones and Wait Till Your Father Gets Home; those weren’t for kids.
HB also created Tom & Jerry. Big deal. 90% of what they made is kiddy shit.
>Disney has NEVER made an animated movie that isn’t aimed at children.
Don't be telling me that stuff like Fantasia and Victory Through Air Power is aimed at children, retard.

That is like only playing games from Japan.