Tbh the Steven Universe movie was awful

Tbh the Steven Universe movie was awful.

Attached: SU_Movie_Poster.jpg (1800x2699, 1.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7EPQo9skO8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

your anus is awful

it was ok, better than the show itself

the only thing awful about it was that it ended! LOL

for more hilarious banter please follow my Instagram @superuniversememes1337

Attached: $25.jpg (500x670, 52K)

This.

One of the better cartoon musicals I've ever watched. Good, solid plot that's made 2x better by Spinel as the focal character and a great selection of songs. Older Steven is also a really welcome addition as are all the other changes.

Most shows intended for really young kids are awful. You gonna complain at the one with the monster trucks come to life too?

>solid plot
>A plot that can be resolved in 3 minutes but isn't because the MC just plain doesn't do it is solid
I'm not gonna hold your standards against you but damn, son. Have some self respect.

What? It took a day in-universe to get it done, Steven is constantly working to fix the problem. Are you one of those retards who say they should've taken the Eagles to Mordor too?

It was satisfactory. Fine animation, fine songs. I don't get why Yea Forums has such a hard-on for Bendy, though. Guess it's not going out of style.

The whole point of the show is that Spinel is angry that she was left for 6000 years by herself. Spinel was going to get revenge on Steven because she was torn from him, cause all she wanted was a friend. In the end of the movie the 3 diamonds come and "friend" spinel cause she was a relic from when pink diamond was alive. The diamonds don't actually care about Spinel because to them she is like an item.

>It took a day in-universe to get it done,
Could have taken less than 3 minutes and also resulted in next to none of the poison getting out.
>Steven is constantly working to fix the problem.
Except doing the one thing to assure it gets fixed near instantly, every problem. Both the drill and the memory fuckery.
>Are you one of those retards who say they should've taken the Eagles to Mordor too?
No because they established why that was a bad idea with the giant laser eyeball that controlled Frodo. What exactly did they establish as a reason not to get the diamonds?

>What exactly did they establish as a reason not to get the diamonds?
In the movie? Steven says "Should I get the diamonds?" and Lapis says "You're the one with healing powers"

That's it. That's seriously their explanation. Remind you, he's the one with healing powers, but White is the one with mind control powers, and the problem was the Scythe affected their minds, it didn't chip the gem or something. So yeah. The entire plot hinges on the MC just plain not fixing it the easy way because the writer forgot to write a reason not to do that.

>Have some self respect.
He's calling a movie that ends with Steven kissing really hard to save the world a solid plot. Maybe he just likes kids shows, you don't have to have self respect to like those. Nobody's gonna get mad if Bubble Guppies ends with them kissing to heal the ocean or something, fuck.

Its not bad, if you like songs. Its 70% songs.

I dunno, even as a kid watching Disney cartoon movies I always preferred real dialogue when possible. I get that songs are great for monologues, internal or otherwise. But a real dialogue is way more effective than a song.
Its not for me, but I can see how the

Attached: meh whatevs.jpg (500x327, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bo1iveklFLY

Fuck you, Vash. Let the Spider eat the damn flower. Spiders need flowers to live.

Problem is writers in musicals never have the balls to actually move the plot forward with the music. Its almost always singing about how characters feel about shit that happens in between the songs, which is fucking boring.

I liked it, although I'm not really sure what the moral of the story was.
Don't ditch your friends?
Don't blame others for your problems?
Believe in yourself?

I choose to believe that the real moral is that Pink is a bitch and spinel is a pure and wholesome being of light whose smile must be protected at all costs.

How would whites mind control powers have helped in this situation? Her powers just give her dominion over the other gem. She controls them but she cant go into their minds.

Also Steven is a diamond and just as powerful as them.

Problem is writers in a musical are more concerned with musicals than either music are plot. I never understood them but after watching the buzz with the Music Meister, I think I kind of GOT musicals. It's not about music and it's not about merging music with plot. It's about... well, making a musical. Just reveling in presentation while letting everything else be secondary.

Steven's song Change is the basic moral

You don't have to fight and hurt other people just because you've been hurt in the past, just because you are hurting right now. Just because you've made mistakes in the past doesn't mean you have to keep digging that same hole.

You can make the conscious decision to make things better because you want them to be

That's why Spinel stopped fighting

The moral was that if you define your worth by worshipping others and get abandoned you should change nothing and repeat the cycle forever

>How would whites mind control powers have helped in this situation?
She probably knows how the mind control scythe works and how to hit the undo button?

I mean going to "Yeah but it wouldn't work on this particular one and of course she wouldn't know what to do about it" is a massive stretch that assumes so much about what she can do and can't do that hasn't been established. Also they could turn the machine off. Their machine. Its theirs and they have to know how better than a licorice monster.

There might not be an undo button for the scythe. The Diamonds didn't want other gems to have individuality or to grow beyond their factory settings

Wanting able to undo the reset weapon's effects probably never even occured to them when it was still in use

No excuse for not calling in Homeworld's help to get rid of the poison injector

It was bad, but Spinel is cool and at one point Steven and Greg fuse into a ripped superchad and cure Pearl of her gayness so 5/10

Steven was even more unbearable. He spent 90% of the film with those eyebags to denote he's annoyed. Just because he's not an annoying, happy kid doesn't mean he should be a miserable, angsty person. There's something called BALANCE

I feel 10 years older looking at that pic

Attached: D6PR2l6UIAAMJc1.jpg_large.jpg (500x409, 22K)

dude, you watched it, so how are you acting all superior to people that liked it?
what, did you have to do a fucking buzzfeed article on it, or something?

>dude, you watched it, so how are you acting all superior to people that liked it?

... because he didn't like it? He didn't say that all cartoons are for fags, he said that this cartoon is for fags.

then why did he watch it?
who's out here watching SU for the first time via the movie?

The whole "Emotional abuse victim goes straight back to people who remind her of her abuser" kind of kills the movie for me desu. Decent enough movie aside from that tho. People are piling hate on pink, but they forget that the other diamonds raised her to act like that.

i didnt like all the fucking singing, shit made my head hurt after a while

people trying to figure out why there are a dozen threads on it

Attached: itstimetostop.png (1179x901, 849K)

nah, the other diamonds called her out on her immaturity multiple times.
while they would never have taught her compassion, they did at least want her to be responsible, and had they known what she'd done to Spinel, they would have made her go back for her.

it is a kids show user

Becky came out and said she wanted the moral to be that it's okay to be a change in process. That you shouldn't judge yourself by thinking you have to be a finished product and that it's alright to acknowledge yourself as someone working on their problems.

I'm torn because I agree with you but on the other hand the song was really nice.

Attached: tachibana diamonds.png (1280x1818, 1.9M)

I think it was pretty meh, songs were relatively nice. Spinel absolutely stole the show though.

Attached: Gavin.gif (277x313, 1.93M)

>I dunno what the rest of you faggots see in it tho, unless you are underage
I uh, like cartoons.

Really? With all the recent hype I’ve been tempted to watch all the episodes I missed since I stopped watching in 2017 and checking the movie out.

Is it worth it? I feel interested in seeing how the show wraps up. It is ending now, right?

I watched the movie because I wanted to know more about Spinel, been binge watching it now.

I'm on Episode 9 of Season 2

youtube.com/watch?v=y7EPQo9skO8

It was
I just love Spinel and Steg Genocide Dick

How did anyone think that a chubby future Vox writer with quarantine powers was a convincing action hero?

>It is ending now, right?
Nope. Apparently, despite giving the last episode a grand finale ending, either someone in a board room somewhere decided the udder wasn't dry enough, or everyone at the rap party saw what they made and said, "Wait, that's it?" in unison. Either way, I suspect cocaine was involved and it's two more seasons starting in 2020.

The most accurate post about the movie.

The execution wasn't awful - the concept and plot, however, were.

>We finally get to make an actual Steven Universe MOVIE, gang!
>Anything goes! Ideas?
>Yeah, let's make a movie with absolutely no consequences!
>Well, wait, how about some bad consequences?
>Such as?
>Let's retroactively poison the whole show so far by revealing something awful was happening all the time in the background, the viewers just didn't know!
>Like what?
>Well, have you ever seen that Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark"?

>monster trucks come to life too?

I don't see how that could possibly be awful.

...Sure would have been nice to see something new

So this thread brings us something good after all. What is the original image?

>Is it worth it?

I have been wondering that myself. But I've been watching it since 'Cat Fingers'.

For me the answer is yes - for /sug/, fanart, anticipation, the good early stuff. But the later stuff is heartbreak.

Plot was really bad.
Some songs were good, most were dull.
Unnecessary character amnesia cliche.
Spinel was good but her motives were contrived.

It was generally bad, bad this place is full of trannies and legbeards who worship this piece of shit cartoon so good luck convincing them.

Spinel's entry song and fight scene was pretty nice, Steg was sick, the bit at the end where Spinel relapsed was pretty good, animation was better all around, the whole thing flowed pretty well.

What more did you expect from a children's show about lesbian space rocks?

Steven Universe is the animated equivalent to Imagine Dragons.

>Please validate my opinion
It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon to be a decent movie outside of starved contrarians of your caliber. There's your validation that you're a faggot.

>It's pretty much unanimously agreed upon to be a decent movie

By waifufags who get a dripping boner from Spinel.

It's a movie without a clear point or consequences. Just more "Yeah, Pink Diamond was really awful" and... that's it. The only other thing is that now, Steven doesn't have to visit his fellow Diamonds as often anymore!

They could have done something useful, something to move the plot forward, perhaps use Jasper to show how badly Pink's gems were shafted, but noooooo... let's instead introduce a new villainous character who, mirabile dictu, is redeemed after committing a crime against humanity by Steven talking to her.

Fuck this shit, I will never not be angry.
And fuck you for being a shilling fag.

Agree with you on that one, a character doesn't need to become bitter, skeptical or cold to show they are maturing. It's a writing shortcut at best and might cause problems.

I thought those eyebags were to denote that he was fucking sick because his gem wasn't working right. The same thing happened when he lost it in Change Your Mind. And that's why he lost his eyebags the second he fixed his gem. Or did remembering himself suddenly make him not annoyed?