Brainlets won over bitter joyless people of Yea Forums

Brainlets won over bitter joyless people of Yea Forums.
Johns wins, moorefags BTFO

Attached: 20190911_200607.jpg (720x679, 313K)

Hooray?

I'm so tired.
I'm so very, very tired.

Attached: 1518667159566.png (1166x780, 867K)

Then just read Doomsday clock, a mind bending piece of fiction as great as that is bound to improve your demeanor and make you a more culture and all around more well rounded individual.

Are there any kind of companion issues like with event comics? becuase i've read all the main issues and literaly like 4 things have happened so far.

Is there something im missing?

Whether or not it's actually good isn't as important as whether or not I'm enraged by slow releases

It’s actually self contained according to Scott Snyder, though there are some things that lead up to it, like The Button or the Mr Oz arc in Superman.

That's not Final Crisis.

it would have been decent if they stuck to the rebirth plan, but by the time this ends DC already took a hard turn away from everything they set up

Attached: 1299647621266.jpg (447x453, 69K)

the batman issue of the button where reverse flash is beating up batman in real time is pretty cool

>rebirth plan
Please anyone give me a quick rundown on what that was supposed to be, everybody about it seems to have a concrete idea on what was to come but they never go in detail instead just lose themselves in internal drama between Didio, Bendis and Johns.

Please i'm really curious.

Some say it was caused by the disappointment of the DCEU Justice League movie

Y'all haters talking shit BUT while going as far as saying that there hasn't been anything good for 40 years might be hyperbolic let's shorten it to 10.

Name a single motherfuckign comic in the last 10 years better than DoomsDAY Clock.

There literally was no plan. Johns didn't even start writing Doomsday Clock until late 2016 and the delays are due to him just writing this shit as he goes. People blame Gary Frank for the delays but the guy has posted multiple 'cut' pages from DClock and is currently even taking commissions (which is not something an artist who's severely behind on his deadline would do). Didio just did the only thing he could when he realized DClock had no actual ending in sight and gave the reigns to Snyder instead when it became clear that Johns couldn't deliver anymore.

And I'm saying this as someone who actively dislikes what Snyder and Bendis are doing. Their plans are fucking stupid but unlike Johns, they actually have plans that they are currently delivering on.

There's one issue left and the story doesn't even feel like it's hit its climax yet. What is even the main conflict of the book?

Immortal Hulk

Ms. Marvel

There was never a revirth plan, it was a cashgrab designed by the PR team, and no, geoff is too dumb for watchmen

>Brainlets won over bitter joyless people
Except, if anything, that title exhibits a profound bitterness by suggesting no Superhero story in the 30 years since Watchmen has managed to be remotely as good.

Bravo.

Attached: All-Smiles.jpg (616x1078, 169K)

What was the point of bringing him back from the dead?

Attached: file.png (400x305, 287K)

How?

I suppose you could arrive at that opinion if the only comics you ever read were Watchmen and Doomsday Clock

I remember rereading #1-#8 in one of the innumerable gaps between issues in one go and being actually pretty entertained. It should work better in the trade and it's only real crime is not doing enough with the Watchmen characters. But if they did more, they would have risked fucking them up, so pick your poison I guess.

It fucking sucks, dude.
It's like some fanfiction.net crossover shipping autism that absolutely nobody wanted, and the execution turned out to be even worse than what everyone imagined.

>and it's only real crime
It insults the intelligence of the readers, but i guess you need to have an iq of at least 75 to

Multiversity

I knew this was shit the moment Lex Luthor mocked Ozymandias' squid plan because it was too silly and outrageous. Luthor! In the main DC continuity! Not super-realistic Luthor from "Earth Just Like Ours", but regular comic book fucking Lex Luthor.

This book was written to convince mouth breathers they are pretty smart too.

Luthor is an egomaniac, of course he'd miss the irony and dismiss Ozy.

Who watches the watchmen?

Lex luthor, and he masturbates behind the bushes as he watches them

Gotta put the original down somehow to justify the shitty sequel

>Irony
His whole THING is trying to convince Earth that The Alien is a threat to the planet. They might as well have Hal and Kilowog fighting Starro in the background while Luthor scoffs at the squid idea as fantastical rubbish.

The absolute worst is watching Johns try to do subtle nods and symbolism in the book, but realizing his audience, then goes on to really pound it into your face "Do you get it? DO YOU GET IT?! AM I CLEVER OR WHAT!?!?!"

He didn't mock it for being silly and outrageous, he mocked because it was obvious it wasn't going to work. If anything, Luthor criticized it for not being silly and outrageous enough.

His whole thing was giving the world something that made them go "WTF" and forget about launching nukes on each other just long enogh while Veidt put his entire corporate and political clout in motion to ensure the nukes stay down and the peace between countries remake. Thinking his entire plan hinged on the alien scare is almost "I only watched the movie" tier

it's shit writing.

I really enjoyed the little "Oh I luv your naked man-art Luthor."[SUBTLE Johns inference that Luthor may be gay].
When Batman is the billionair bachelor with a mansion full of strapping athletic Boys.

Thus begins the mental gymnastics floor routine.
3/10

Johnsfags believe it's smart. They are retards mate. They literally see no problem with Johns and Frank not knowing how analog clocks worl

Attached: i turned the world upside down.png (952x511, 851K)

>Thinking his entire plan hinged on the alien scare is almost "I only watched the movie" tier
There's no alien scare in the movie.
This is the Johns audience; they have the character literally spill out his plan and motivations over pages, and they still do not grasp it.

Attached: intredasting.jpg (685x567, 53K)

subtlety? in watchmen? no way

Attached: 1534235485948.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

I remember when Yea Forums wanted the comedian to be just a hallucination because there was no way Johns was that retarded.

I think we can agree that Zack and Geoff are on the same tier as creatives.
Make of that what you will.

Maybe Veidt just loves Garth Ennis?

And the best part is that revelation has gone fucking nowhere. He just vanished from the comic like almost all the Watchmen characters and only showed up for two panels in the latest issue.

Ennis would've written The Mates, about a british crown backed group that keeps tabs on pirates and buccaneers

The Nao of Brown

>Shit sandwiches may be the best thing since sliced bread!

Even if you convince a lot of idiots with no taste that eating shit is awesome, I will still never want to eat it myself. Shit is gross, user.

apparently Comedian being used as a slapstick prop makes it the best superhero story since Watchmen

>CBR Exclusives

This.
I stopped caring about the story about a year (three issues) ago.

Attached: 1561199469057.jpg (857x563, 68K)

>Sinestro Corps war
>Blackest Night
>New Frontier
>Superman Red Son
>He-Man Thundercats
>He-Man vs Injustice
And that is just DC

Attached: tumblr_mc0bxvYlcB1rxyld0o1_1280.jpg (1068x631, 210K)

Arsene Schrauwen
Beautiful Darkness

Fuck no. Zack is autistic and cares about details, and has artistic integrity, Johns doesn't care about anything but money and doesn't give a fuck about his own work

>SCW
>Blackest Night

Attached: gross.gif (500x281, 399K)

It's garbage journalism. Non-news at 11.

Attached: 1349846315971.png (653x621, 389K)

i'm sorry critics can not be trusted since most companies refuse to allow bad reviews. please produce proof beyond the fact i have read doomsday clock and it is shit to prove it's decent.

>treating CBR as if they’re humans
Marvel and DC advertising execs punch in keywords on a spreadsheet and out comes a review. That’s CBR.

CBR actually didn't have a direct line to DC until about a year ago when the Putin Doomsday Clock issue leaked a week early

>Ozy’s big plan is to do what Manhattan has been doing all along
This writing is horse shit.

It’s one of many, many plot holes in the book.

The entire point was that it was as stupid a plan to solve real life issues as the Minutemen beating up criminals.

yeah, but the whole point was that it was a zany comic book scheme, so Lex goddamn Luthor criticizing it as a zany comic book scheme just rings hollow

I think plotholes is too harsh. Its more like mandatory thing someone wanted in the comic but we will never get an explaination.
For a plothole we need some explaination or intel on him coming back.
Comedian is just there and does some hunting. I guess to call some stuff in it plotholes we need more plot?

Zack Snyder had to fight with warner executives to make set the movie in the 80's and filmed the Kissinger scenes without Warner's concent. Johns is introducing the watchmen characters into the dc universe and confused china with Russia and nato with the European union.

Snyder also thought he was being subversive by making sure that "god exists and he's american" was included in the movie

But that's the point, Zack CARED about his shitty movie, and Johns doesn't. Zack gives a shit about the stuff he does, be an iPhone filmed short or the insanity behind Sucker Punch, Johns, on the other hand, is a literal whore that will do anything that he is mandated by warner

Lex ALWAYS talks shit about other supervillain plans. He’s an egotist that gets off on putting others beneath him.

Can someone fill me in on the story so far?
Last I saw a bunch of supers tried to fight Manhatten on Mars and got oof'd

But muh Immortal Hulk

Attached: Berry Allen.png (438x572, 103K)

You’re retarded if you think Johns doesn’t care about his comics. He loves Hal Jordan. He likes Superman. He loves Barry Allan and Wally West.

nothing happens
Superman and Manhattan have a staredown
you are now up to speed

thank you user

He loves his version of hal jordan, his version of superman, and his version of the flash, also, he loves Barry so much that he killed his mom so he could have a gritty backstory like spider-man and batman, and he liked Wally so much he started his run with a superabortion, just to bring the aborted fetus back into "soon to be dead" kids, and of course, as soon as warner told him to jump johns got rid of wally with flashpoint. Because johnsfag, you should know that the reboot came from WARNER, not from Lee, Didio, Johns or anyone at DC.

MOOREBROS WE GOT TOO COCKY

>you lived long enough to see Watchmen become yet another capeshit franchise

Attached: you sure goofed.jpg (640x392, 29K)

I was never going to be decent with Johns at the helm. A Watchmen sequel that crosses over with DC is an incredibly stupid idea but the right writer could make it work. Johns is nowhere near the right kind of writer.

You're just listing shitty stories to show how bad Doomsday Clock is, right?

Same reason they made a crossover with Watchmen and DC in the first place, Johns is creatively bankrupt.

Is there even a writer besides Moore who could make that work? Moore is way past his prime now.

Is there any actual criticisms of this book besides "fuck Johns"? Thats pretty much all I'm seeing itt.

Attached: 1567631478569.jpg (621x917, 245K)

New Frontier is shitty?

>"""subtle""" symbolism
>Story that drags it's feet where very little of actual substance happens
>We're up to the last issue now and almost nothing has happened
>An entire issue is used to tell the backstory for Nuschach and Mime/Marionette even though they've done jack shit so far
>Johns trying to copy Moore's style of writing but failing horribly
>Johns trying to be topical yet doesn't know what fucking NATO is
>Sterile art that almost never does anything interesting with the nine panel grid, it's only there just because Watchmen did it
>Constant superhero punch-em-ups in a story that's supposed to be the sequel to Watchmen
>Brought the Comedian back to life even though he hasn't done anything of note in the story except shoot Lex and a couple of C-list villains
>Like five fucking plot threads going on simultaneously yet not a single one has been close to being resolved with the penultimate issue
I could go on but all you need to due is read previous Doomsday Clock threads, the book is just pure pablum.

Scratch that one, I was blinded by all the other crap on that list.

If we're limiting our choices to just capeshit, I would say the latter half of Grant Morrison's run on Batman was mostly great. And GM's Action Comics was also mostly great.

has the final issue dropped while I wasn't paying attention? I thought it was delayed till 2020 or something

I'm starting to wonder if 9/11 is the new April 1st.

Attached: 126876541.jpg (126x125, 2K)

Morrison made a better Watchmen companion in one issue and Johns barely has a cogent story with 11 so far.

You know I can’t actual muster strong feelings about DoomCock as a story. I’m really just annoyed that everyone deciding DoomCock isn’t canon means all the shit foreshadowing Doc from Flashpoint to the end of Darkseid War to Rebirth is confusing as fuck. Like Manhattan is simultaneously this ultra-influential force in DC’s history and also a nobody that is only ever acknowledged in Morrison’s The Green Lantern during the current crisis? Are his quantum mechanical powers meta now?

Mothman was based. That’s the nicest thing I can say about it all, really.

Remember when Yea Forums tried to meme this panel and failed horribly because they're all faggot redditors who don't understand internet

Spider-Man: Life Story was better just this year, and every issue came out on time.

I wish Life Story was about 3-4 issues longer. Maybe even 2-3 issues per decade just to flesh it out a bit more?
I enjoyed Life Story but thought it was just a wee bit rushed.

Would you have stayed with Clone Gwen? Or was Peter right to sperg out? I'm undecided but I think he was extremely harsh to Clone Gwen

I am not undecided on this whole Doomsday Clock series though. I thought Heroes in Crisis would easily be the worst series of the year whilst I was reading it, but I have to say that it's facing some real competition with Doomsday Clock.

Attached: 1376889847056.gif (500x375, 495K)

Zdarsky wanted six issues for each decade. Marvel management were too retarded to trust him.

I’d probably have stayed with clone Gwen. She has all the same memories, and besides which given the implication that Warren had her hostage for some time the clone is probably the one I’d have the closer relationship with at that point.

>messiahs bullshit propaganda for literal fascism

noopppee. not even once..

Attached: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (480x270, 30K)

MTSP Tachibana Family's Circumstances with Men

Attached: 001.jpg (1422x2000, 1.41M)

You can do this with pretty much every CBR article, is pretty hilarious how much blatant shilling they do.

Yeah, you're not going to beat this

To be fair, it's quite hard to write anything worse than friggin' watchmen. Fiction genre "deconstruction" is the most cringe idea ever, doesn't change he went around it in the most blatant way possible.

The plan was to bring pre flashpoint back and nullify the N52. Didio went bananas cause he and his friends have a stake in those trades.

Anybody telling you the intention wasn't clearly wiping the N52 away is lying. Didio simply didn't let it go through.

Wrong, he will do anything if he see that he will get a payback.
>My name will be interwined with watchmen
>It will be interwined with rebirth, the new status quo
>i will create oc`s that will be used in watchmen forever
He hoped he would be important to the DC universe. Maybe things getting used in future watchmen media, like the HBO series.
But DC and his writing fucked this. Maybe he is lucky that his OC and the child of silkspectre and niteowl will get used in the hbo series?

So DC or some in management wanted pre 52 back and Didio wants 52 because its his project?
Are trades selling that well or is more a honor thing and his ideas should be the status quo?

Am I missing something here, when did everyone start hating Geoff's entire GL run? Last time I was here people praised that one as one of the greats that made GL not gay again. Is this just a contrian thing co is doing, cause of noticed this hate for it since I've came back and I have no idea what's up with y'all on this.

Attached: image0-4.jpg (2422x1125, 1.36M)

Yeah baby!

Marionette will be in the show. He will get his shekels

SCW is fine, but Blackest Night is fucking awful

although SCW is the proto-Doomsday Clock

>At long last, comics have become true art

We...we did guys. We finally did it.

Attached: 400.jpg (409x400, 204K)

>Am I missing something here, when did everyone start hating Geoff's entire GL run?
Blackest Night was the turning point for many. I remember the gaimanfags bitching, kylefags and cosmicfags were mad too, a lot of people triggered when johns wanted life to start on earth and use the emotional pokemon to do some weird bible analogy. It was just slowly growing, the JSA good will would eventually burn out. Flash rebirth made a lot of people angry too.

Attached: barry allen.png (263x234, 141K)

people REALLY didn't like the Parallax retcon

The big issue is that his run just kind of died out by the end due to the New 52. Blackest Night although selling well was rather divisive and due to the weak conclusion his run isn't really seen as positively as it was during the run itself nowadays.

Sinestro Corp Wars is generally well received though aside from the people who hate the whole multiple corps concept, which are the minority.

>Sinestro Corp Wars is generally well received though aside from the people who hate the whole multiple corps concept, which are the minority.
A lot of people was mad at what happened to ION and the fight with superboy prime. But to be honest i didn't blame Johns back then, i think most of us just felt that SCW should had have more issues.

Fear bug still pisses me off. But Johns doing the same with Barry and flashpoint was my breaking point

>Sinestro Corp Wars is generally well received though aside from the people who hate the whole multiple corps concept, which are the minority.
People were on board for the various corps, but they started making less and less sense as a concept, and eventually just turned into Magical World bullshit.

Green Lantern has had a lot of problems, but one of them was never "there just aren't enough lanterns".
Johns tried to fix it by adding 10x as many lanterns.

the book is perfectly fine. only autistic moore-babies hate it.
don't even @ me.

Attached: twilley.png (309x315, 146K)

>wait, why people aren't shilling Geoff's GL anymore?

Because it ended and they don't need to sell it anymore, so only the honest opinions are left.

Feeble bait.

Some wanted to actually do what fans wanted and that was scrap the New52 or acknowledge it's a different universe/Earth while folding it into the greater multiversal canon (think Earth-1 and Earth-2).

Didio and his braintrust disliked that idea both because they actually liked the N52 AND A because he and his friends get a large slice of the pie from those. He didn't want to throw away passive income like that by making it all "non-canon" or from an Alt-U. So he threw a conniption and since Warners wasn't sure what the hell would happen with DC's comics division once ATT took control they just slid their boy Geoff to the movies and let Dumbass Didio and hia sycophants drive the comics which they assumed would be cancelled into the ground.

And no, the New 52 trades don't sell well, they sell horribly.

Rebirthfags are delusional.

>Their plans are fucking stupid but unlike Johns, they actually have plans
No one who has actually read anything by either of those two would ever say this.

Snyder and Bendis are both synonymous with 'complete ass-pulls after making shit up as they went along.'

Event Leviathan is literally Nothing Happens: The Comic.

Which isn't to say that Johns isn't just as bad, mind you.

Phenomenal retort.

There's no need to try, your post was pure delusion, Rebirth was never about going back to pre-flashpoint, you only need to look at the batman comics to know that, but of course, rebirthfags only look at muh wally and muh superman, just look at what johns did to captain marvel to know how "sincere" was rebirth, you are a dumbass, a dumb consumer that believed what some jews in new york wrote as a selling pitch. Rebirth was as real as Marvel legacy, but you didn't care, you wanted to believe geoff "i wrote flashpoint" johns, wasn't in the same boat as lee or didio, you complaint about Bendis and Snyder even when the first only moved to DC thanks to Johns and Snyder is close to Johns to the point of Johns being the one promoting "Lark" for the bat family. Johns was always a WARNER insider, new52 was mandated by warner, just as rebirth, the power that Johns lost had nothing to do with Didio but with most of the executives that gave johns power being kicked out, Johns was forced to choose between a focus on adaptations or comics, that's it. All your conspiracy shit comes from Yea Forums, you guys have NEVER been abble to cite or post any source outside this shitty board, you are the same retards that were claiming Lee was the ghostwriter of the Justice league

I will steal this.

At some point it looked like they wanted to go back to the pre new 52 continuity. The whole point of Rebirth was to make clear that new 52 was a mistake.

That fact that ''event' is on the name of the event is a good indicator of creative bankruptcy.

>japanese shit
based brainlet

>The whole point of Rebirth was to make money out of people that was baited with nostalgia
>At some point it looked like they wanted to go back to the pre new 52 continuity.
Where????
Not in Batman comics, not in shazam (i wonder why), not in titans, not in JL comics, not in GL/omega men, not in every fucking series, you can't claim they intended to bring back that when in reality every series that wasn't superman was the same shit it was during n52

Underrated

He had to shit and he couldn't shit if he were dead.

>Not in Batman comics
King is a retard.
>Not in Shazam (i wonder why)
Did he hve a series before or during Rebirth? >Not in Titans
Then why did they bring up the titants from the old continuity?
>Not in JL comics
Are you sure?
>not in GL/Omega Men
Omega Men was before Rebirth. Don't know about the GL books tho.

As for every other series: that's the point, it was the same thing. Rebirth was only an empty relaunch.
>Then why did they bring up the titans from the old continuity?
They sell