The Riddler Year of the Villain #1 STORYTIME

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-000.jpg (1988x3056, 861K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ddl.to/dtorvjace9uj
mega.nz/#!EUt3CKwI!0L4VT1JhhPurNJQZylalYSKe_ZUziT_r7SIl_8eUFP4
sendspace.com/file/svaq72
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-002.jpg (1988x3056, 939K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.02M)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-004.jpg (1988x3056, 993K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-005.jpg (1988x3056, 899K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-006.jpg (1988x3056, 999K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-007.jpg (1988x3056, 703K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-008.jpg (1988x3056, 776K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-009.jpg (1988x3056, 781K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-010.jpg (1988x3056, 981K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-011.jpg (1988x3056, 825K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.09M)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-013.jpg (1988x3056, 836K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.08M)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-015.jpg (1988x3056, 643K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-016.jpg (1988x3056, 687K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-017.jpg (1988x3056, 626K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1018K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-019.jpg (1988x3056, 865K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-020.jpg (1988x3056, 885K)

Uh oh

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-021.jpg (1988x3056, 942K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.17M)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-023.jpg (1988x3056, 780K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-024.jpg (1988x3056, 948K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-025.jpg (1988x3056, 806K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-026.jpg (1988x3056, 809K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-027.jpg (1988x3056, 889K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-028.jpg (1988x3056, 703K)

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-029.jpg (1988x3056, 752K)

I'm really liking this, but when did King Tut become a cringy nog We Wuzzer?

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-030.jpg (1988x3056, 888K)

The End

Thanks for reading

Attached: Riddler - Year of the Villain 001-031.jpg (1988x3056, 639K)

You know I really like Mark Russell. He should write something like Secret Six.

Attached: pol.jpg (205x246, 13K)

We Detective Nigma again?

Didn't Riddler have a gangwar with the joker that killed thousands? And what about Zero Year? Why's he being treated like a nigger in a 4th of July bbq

2nd panel is a great reaction pic

King Tut is a good friend.
Are Riddler and Penguin still pals too?

I hope so.

Even in King's own run modern Riddler is treated like a chump. It seems like his career peaked with his war with Joker.

One can only hope. That short lived take was the best thing they’d done with the character in years. Bonus points if they ditch the stupid chest scar, and retcon away King making him a child murderer.

But my pessimistic side assumes the writer came up with this story with no intention of follow-through, and it’ll probably be ignored the next time we see him in the bat-books.

This was interesting, but without any follow-up planned its just empty promises of character development.

Remind me again, why's Lex all purple and pale and shit?

Wasn't he part of the society of super-villians alongside grodd and reverse flash?

Because he's an errand boy to Snyder's new OC creation, Perpetua, and he's half martian apparently

>year of the villain
>doesnt start at the beginning of the year

huh, that was interesting

He whirrrred Martian Manhunter

Attached: this is gonna hurt you a fuck ton j'onny boy.jpg (1041x1600, 541K)

Pretty much. Riddler was overdue for a reinvention. But as for what, I'm not really sure. Luthor was right, Nygma's persona really is a childish game trying to prove he's smarter than everyone else. Will he become a detective again? Become an AI?

>Will he become a detective again? Become an AI?
He becomes empowered by the Riddleforce

>Lex hacked into his brain and AAAAAAAAARGH'd him
J'onn just can't stop jobbing, can he?

Good story but I prefer Riddler to be a semi-serious threat. Apparently you're only a good bat villain these days if you murder five hundred randos every time you show up.

You mean The Sage Force and that shit needs to go, now, along with the other forces

I really hope this leads to something, maybe in Detective Comics.

guess batman never has trouble finding this guy
kek
>hacking the brain of someone with psychic powers
doesnt make sense
this is dumb

He didn't literally hack it and he used technology, not psychic powers.

yeah DC keeps flip flopping between joke villain and super srs big time villain. I wish they would just pick one.

oh please god, give us detective riddler again.

Kek

Dammit tut, that's not how you build a hide out.

Man in a box.

has mark russel ever written a bad comic?

Shut up

Attached: spinel_annoyed.png (185x180, 45K)

Really good one shot.
Going to have to pick this up on top of Collapser tomorrow.

I love the idea of villains getting their own Magazines.

>Tut's House

Goddammit, I laughed.

Riddler, no. Lex warned you about this!

Hey you try getting a permit to build a fancy lair within city limits

Lex has been taking his daily dose.

And this beautifully ties with the JL page we had last week(or maybe a different issue) with all the Lex-powered-up-villains including a power up Nygma, HOW EXACTLY?
Can't even maintain continuity without a stupid single event.

>including a power up Nygma
He was just regular Riddler there.

My sides!

That is a pretty good con

I was skeptical about the whole Year of Villain bullshit, but at least we got some decent one shot out of this
Sinestro > Riddler > Black Mask

Nigger

Ginger

I know what you mean

cheetah looks like she's having a fucking anneurysm on the top left

he still fucking killed a kid
he can't start over just like that
you can't fucking redeem yourself

they can ignore canon

>they can ignore canon
>has the riddle scar on his chest
no

thanks for the st op

but, gads, what crap - luthor is a whiny shit and riddler is a d-level nobody, and tut's comic relief

and by the visuals are nygma and tut an item? makes it all the worse when he lets batman have 'im, but what was supposed to have been set up under the trapdoors? nygma didn't do anything

this is stupid, it looks stupid, and the authors should feel bad about themselves

Pretty much how I feel about it desu. Mostly I’m just fucking thrown by how lighthearted a big DC crisis event is, even moreso than Metal, but some of the side things roll well with the saturday morning cartoon tone.

I don't think he has his sights set on being a productive member of society, he will probably attempt to be a more effective criminal. I wonder if they ever plan on following up on this

The people in that spread weren't actually there, they were holograms of the villains Lex had made his offer to.

the trapdoors were supposed to make batman fall into a room where he'd have to deal with the riddler's riddles. Nygma only seems to hang around tut out of pity, and nygma quits because lex's words about how he's just being childish got to him.

I'm hoping it's a stealth tryout for a Russell mini

Or hell, maxiseries, why should King keep shitting up the concept

That'd be really interesting. I'm sure King is pretty much done with the Riddler

>"The power to mind hack."

Now this is complex.

been buying all these just to show Russell support

I am so fucking behind. What sort of shenanigans made Luthor look like that??

Batman Confidential revamped him

>but what was supposed to have been set up under the trapdoors? nygma didn't do anything

user, you just missed the entire point of the story.

The Source wall broke and all sorts of evil shit and energy came out of it.

Luthor got hit by a blast had visions that showed humanity will be wiped out if they don't become a race of murderous bastards who kill any alien who tries to fuck with Earth/humanity.

Luthor as such, goes evil again and forms he Legion of Doom to take over the world.

Eventually meets Perpetua, a generic cosmic horror who was the first person imprisoned in the Source Wall.

Perpetua told him the universe is dying because the Source Wall broke and selected Luthor to be her agent to save creation, giving him cosmic powers and changing him physically to give him a power boost to fight Superman and the JLA.

I love Russell, but I generally don't buy singles of larger events I'm not reading. I do have Wonder Twins and Second Coming on my pull.

He also fused with Martian Manhunter and is basically a perfect Cell rip off.

Funnily enough Riddler did murder five hundred randos during the war of jokes and riddles, which this story even references through the question mark scar

Luthor discovered that before the current iteration of the DC multiverse, there was a previous one created by the super celestial Perpetua, a servant of the source and member of a race of multiversal creators and judges. Perpertua had intented her version of the multiverse to be a weapon, and at its center was an immortal race made of martian and human dna that could wield the fundamental forces of the universe. The other judges of the source locked Perpetua in the source wall. So through multiple shenanigans and by using J'onn's DNA Luthor was reborn as one of these original martian/human hybrids and intends to help Perpetua into reshaping the multiverse into her original vision

Motherfucker really went full Cell here.

>a servant of the source and member of a race of multiversal creators and judges
The Monitors?

Perpetua is the creator of the coie monitor and anti monitor. Although she seemingly has no connection to Dax Novu or Nix Uotan or the "meta " monitors. Also the monitors are curators of dc continuity while the judges operate on the larger omniverse. Their roles and jurisdictions are different

I like this, especially since Tut was a budget Riddler when he was reintroduced. I hope they have game nights with Cluemaster

Batman better check D just in case.

I love everything about this page
Including the "riddle" and the cops offering to save Batman pizza

>D) Up your ass, you stupid jerk cop
I love the pettiness.

DETECTIVE NYGMA?!

FUCK YEAH

THANKS FOR NOTHING

Confusing as fuck if you ask me.

Attached: 2818DADA-2A78-44DE-A77A-BF1D884452BB.jpg (1041x1600, 599K)

>Dat Plastic Man head jus sticking out of there
>Lobo with dreadlocks, idk how to feel here
>Who the fuck is that bandage Fem-Ragdoll girl on the right?
>Why does Harely have Kiss Facepaint and Cyborg guts?
>Why is catwoman just there looking grumpy?
>Who the fuck is the Danny Trejo looking motherfucker to the top right of Slade?
>Gundam Manta looks dumb as fuck
>Rotten Grundy looks Liefeld as fuck

If you mean the black guy with white facepaint by ‘Danny Trejo looking motherfucker’, he’s from Justice League Dark. The Plastic Man looking mofo is probably an evil universe Plas from The Terrifics.

Awww

So many questions,
but why did Lex change his name to Apex Lex? That is the most retarded name ever.

Also, didnt DC do this villian shit back in 2016 with Forever Evil?

It's Papa Midnite

Forever Evil was an evil universe invading theirs and Lex acted like a good guy because Supes was AWOL.

Then they broke the Source Wall, the Dark Universe entered the scene and Lex’ do-goodery took a sharp 180 when he found out about his dad’s shenanigans with the Dark Universal Forces and decided evil was the way for salvation.

Why is Catwoman there and why does it look like Lobo fused with Mongul?

Why the fuck is Apex Lex Nu Lex?

Why the fuck not have the big bad be Silver Age God-Fused Lex who got exiled to outside the universe at the end of his Action Comics run?

>”meta” monitors
Those guys are all fragments of the original COIE Monitor and have since reformed into him, apparently.

Somehow.

>someone made a robot Harley
This is still the weirdest part for me

It has Manta’s dad’s personality programmed into it apparently. It’s not a Gundam Manta, it’s an Evangelion Manta.

>Evangelion Manta
OH FUCK
Manta is all about parental related traumas and ultra technology as much as Evangelion or Batman

I'd fuck clowngirl Harley, but not that cyber abomination, like a Quake enemy in KISS paint.

>We've already eliminated D
Knowing Gotham, they probably did actually have to check

So he spend lots of time and money since his childhood to simply wield together six slabs of metal?

I want Russel to write A Flash Rogues ongoing, guy really knows how to write down to earth villains

We also had Faces of Evil in 2009

Attached: BAF1B479-7775-437C-9DE9-BB40BE971EA0.jpg (1000x1553, 263K)

Lex thwarted by a snail when

it's a shame Russell isn't writing Jimmy Olsen

>Gordon, I swear this is the last time I have to ask, but can you check my ass again?

cool, I enjoyed this quite a bit, thanks

even his Red Sonja has been solid

>Lex Luthor has been giving out gifts like wine in church.
So very little if anything.

This is actually a cool themed deadly labyrinth. When was the last time something like this happened in Batman?

This is a good idea

>Confusing
user, those are all very obviously holograms.

What timing that this was released right after the Hush animated movie where Eddie was portrayed as incompetent

Lmao

Get rid of both Tomasi and King, and get Russell on both Batman and Tec.

How new are you? Tie ins written by great writers are the best parts of events. Events are always non-arguably trash though.

Why don't we have capeshit this good anymore?

I really appreciate the audacity it takes to live in a house like that

I love how cheeky batman in this mini, it's a side of him we haven't seen in a good while

>He has a bunch of dumb bats on the bottom of his shoe
I love goofy crap like that

This is exactly what I wanted out a villain comic. That last 3 panels on this page are worth the price of the comic, made me laugh more than most modern comics

This is good stuff, the casualness of the cops offering to keep some pizza left over in the fridge got a smile outta me

Kill yourself

He absorbed J'onn

Riddler - Year Of The Villain (2019) (webrip) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
ddl.to/dtorvjace9uj
mega.nz/#!EUt3CKwI!0L4VT1JhhPurNJQZylalYSKe_ZUziT_r7SIl_8eUFP4
sendspace.com/file/svaq72

Attached: Riddler - Year Of The Villain (2019) Mikel Janin textless.jpg (922x1400, 251K)

Bump

It's a terrible look for her, why'd they go with that image of all the thousands of Cheetah images they could have picked from ?

The Huckleberry one wasn’t very good

...you're kinda stupid aren't you? Like I'm guessing you didnt do very well in class

You know this is the first Riddler story I've enjoyed in quite some time.

But then again the last Riddler stories I read were done by Synder (Forever Evil), King (Batman ugh...), and Daniels.

This was really good. Was the Arkham one-shot some years back the last time the Riddler was this well-written?

>Get rid of both Tomasi and King
Tomasi's Tec is great tho, King's the one who needs to fuck off.

Christ Luthor is always on the cover of Lair, it's getting boring.

>...Eh whatever gonna punch Tut

Great book, thanks OP

Great issue. Russell should be killing it on a bigger property, DC needs to get their shit together and realise his potential. Thanks OP

>Classic white-haired Gordon
Nice

Wow I can't believe DC actually made a good Riddler story. It feels like ages since we've last had one.
This was really, really solid, and it's a shame that nothing will come out of it since it's tied to such a stupid event.

It is the week of a Friday the 13th and a harvest moon.

I mean if it gets enough praise they might continue the story arc, I mean Russell keeps getting more and more gigs because he has hit it out of the park in almost every book he writes.

He was the writer of the standout book in HB Beyond, has the standout of Bendis Wonder Comics, all his one shots have been widely praised, Exit Stage Left was pretty great, and his short story’s in the holiday specials have been well received

>Batman stomps his rogues gallery on particularly shitty days
I like it.

>life is the process of saying goodbye to ourselves
This is actually a very inspirational issue. Thanks, Lex.

Huh, a new king tut

>Tomasi's Tec is great
Lol. Tomasi and great shouldn't ever be in the same sentence.

If you say so.

Attached: double u double u double u dot dingleball dot com.png (540x480, 204K)

>Tut is 100% a joke and Riddler doesn’t even take him seriously that much, half the conversation just looks like he’s annoyed and frustrated taking to the guy

Saving this for the future, this is somewhat solid advice

I'd say Snagglepuss was the weakest of his long-form works and Porky Pig/Lex Luthor was the weakest of his one-shots.

>Thanks for nothing, Luthor

Fuckin' A, this is some Venture Bros. shit.

You just know home prices shot up 20% the moment Tut got his building permit. Live next door to a supervillain, and he's a mostly harmless guy who won't have the cops blowing down his door every other week? It sells itself.

can someone crop the second panel and replace the monologue with "nope."

It's amazing how much better Batman is when he isn't being written by Tom King

Even in a comic where Batman is a secondary character to the Riddler, he's still excellent in every panel he appears in

> T. Someone still mad that Superdad was a thing and takes it out on Tomasi cause they have daddy issues.

>t.someone who enjoys bad comics because muh fan fiction

Tut's such a bro.
Dick move

>It's another Riddler is a loser story

Oh for fucks sake.

Say what you will, but it was great character progression for both Clark and Lois and changed the dynamic up in a way that was refreshing and gave new life to a franchise that was floundering in it’s stagnation.

>Still has no real criticism besides "notmuh"

This

Superdad was fucking great dude. Tomasi's B&R was good too ya fuck, Moz handpicked him to follow him up

It was good. Then it got old. And kept spinning is wheels.

>didnt DC do this villian shit back in 2016 with Forever Evil

Forever evil was in 2013-2014 and the premise was the literal opposite. It was villains acting as heroes, this is villains acting as villains

I think he just means a villain centered event

>It got old

Literally how? It ran like maybe two years and every story was action packed and different and was adding to the building hype of Rebirth by reenforcing Clark's placement as the world's most important hero and a universal father figure

>Detective riddler
>Secret hidden endboss villain is Tut coming for revenge

Attached: 1114042816247.jpg (526x473, 35K)

Very solid, entertaining issue.

Thank you OP! Gonna get the issue. I need more Mark Russell on Riddler.

Ooo
I like it

Considering that was the only riddler stuff I felt worth keeping, i hope so

>Good work, commissioner, barely thought of eliminating D myself