My whole life, I've looked up to the League. You were my heroes. Every one of you. And you... you were more than a hero...

My whole life, I've looked up to the League. You were my heroes. Every one of you. And you... you were more than a hero. I idolized you. I wanted to be you. Whenever I was out there facing down the bad guys, I'd think, "What would Superman do?" Now I know. I believe in fair play. I believe in taking people at their word and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Back home, I've come up against my share of pretty nasty bad guys, but I never had to act the way they did to win a fight. I always found another way. I... I guess I'm saying I-I like being a hero, a symbol, and that's why I'm... quitting the Justice League. You don't act like heroes any more.

Attached: Justice League 04x07 Clash.mkv_snapshot_20.47_[2019.09.11_22.07.21].jpg (1920x1080, 617K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nrFZ4pSade4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Superman was such an asshole

Attached: superman vs captain marvel.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

why do DC mentors and students never get along? CHADvel doesn't have that problem.

Attached: 1542935324903.png (750x445, 489K)

DC is full of old cunts I guess

Leave no building unscathed

>defending Lex flippin Luthor
What the FUCK was his problem?

so this is where the inspiration for Man of Steel came from.

Attached: 1563999347867.png (540x405, 334K)

By the time JLU rolled around, DCAU Supes had fucking seen enough shit. He had taken on so much additional responsibility and been betrayed by the very people he was trying to protect, he didn't think he could afford to be so idealistic.

But nobody can actually do any critical thinking or character analysis, so everyone just calls Supes an asshole.

I like to think that Superman was secretly going out of his way to be as violent as possible because he hated that Lex built all of that under the guise of being generous. It is funny, though, because that fight was so pointless and needlessly destructive, but nobody ever bitched about it as much as they bitched about some windows getting broken at the end of MoS.

>fl*ppin
woah brother. There are kids here.

He watched too much Steven Universe?

Batman is from /pol/ 2:20
youtube.com/watch?v=nrFZ4pSade4

>CHADvel

Attached: Keksimus Maximus.png (596x628, 332K)

is this meant to make me hate DC or give me an seizure?

This was a bit overly dramatic.

I feel it was the right amount of dramatic

He's a kid and his favorite hero just punched him through a fucking building, he's probably crying in his kid form.

In the end, superman was right about Lex.

That's all that matters.

I do feel lie that made sups a bit too aggressive and stupid that episode, he should know how lex operates by now.

Sure, but Billy wasn't wrong in that they're acting less and less like heroes and more and more like the villains, that was his point.

This cartoon always had the feeling that Justice League was a necessary evil rather than a good thing since the first episodes.

>because that fight was so pointless and needlessly destructive, but nobody ever bitched about it as much as they bitched about some windows getting broken at the end of MoS
The fight was supposed to be needlessly destructive. It's like that to show how badly Superman fucked up and how shattered Captain Marvel's trust in him was.

No that would be Billy acting like a whiny kid mad that his heroes were mean. This Billy, probably due to Solomon's Wisdom, knew it was time to step away and call The League out for getting too big. Superman was also in the wrong for getting blinded by his anger towards Luthor

Didn't Iron Man tear him a new one mid-movie? And then died? Guess it's hard to argue with a dead man.

heres the thing

even though supes was wrong in how he did shit, he had every fucking RIGHT to be paranoid of lex. he only has been fighting him for what, several years at that point? same with the public, they have to know of all the jailtime lex has spent.

Just like with black lightning. They want hot dogs but they dont want to see them get made

It's not like Superman at the begenning of the whole affair could've turned to someone more covert like Batman and tell him that he thinks Lex is full of shit and he should investigate him, do some detective work.
Wait.

It was pretty fucked up how both Tony and Happy were absentee father figures for that entire movie and they never really address it.

Attached: spiderman iron man bike.png (540x398, 247K)

but Lex did nothing wrong, while Superman destroyed a city

He was right to be suspicious but he was wrong to go charging in without thinking. Captain Marvel suggests calling in The Atom to check things out but Superman brushes him off. What would've happened if it really was a bomb but because Superman was so impulsive he ended up setting it off?

Attached: superman causes a nuclear holocost.jpg (760x776, 345K)

That was the point. Luthor faked his run for presidency just to tick off Superman. That's a level of pettiness that puts him alongside Black Manta and Thawne.

He already has those guys beat. Like when he gave up universal peace and happiness because he couldn’t hurt Superman with it.

Come on user, (((Luthor))) has to be a member of the tribe.

Wasn't this another Kryptonian trying to ruin Superman's reputation?

Cant take a shit in this town without o
Worrying some Cape is going to level the building your in.

Doing detective work? In detective comics? Naaah. That takes actual writers.

Bit annoyed we never saw Billy discovering he'd been played like a fiddle.

I don't know, I just think it's a funny picture.

oh yeah
that was great

>you make everything the best it could ever be, everything is good all the time FOREVER

>....you just have to not bother with superman ever again, ever.

Spider

Attached: Disney May Cry .jpg (973x650, 128K)

MCU Iron Man: Cool and Chad
MCU Spidey: Whiny little bitch

Attached: 1404608793555.jpg (1280x2017, 599K)

I can’t figure out if he is Super Man or Super Fridge.

Attached: 3D791DE7-6175-45E7-97FF-DA40799B6924.jpg (539x644, 404K)

I loved this scene so much

They were all cunts to each other though

You may not like it, but that's what peak physical form looks like.

>Tony takes his ball and goes home when he doesn't like Peter pursuing a criminal he himself said wasn't worth his time
Perfect relationship.

Didn't Peter rebel against Tony in the comics during Civil War though?

The real bitch move was when Lois took what Captain Marvel said and spinned it around to mean something entirely different.

Attached: superman-kills-shazam-injustice-gods-among-us-3.jpg (1986x1442, 1.65M)

I remember watching that one time Superman just lose his fucking shit on Darkseid in a spacestation or something and almost let some other heroes die trying to fuck up Darkseid.

I thought it was weird.

Then I went back to the original cartoon and saw Darkseid kill Dan Turpin

It's not that hard of a concept. You can be doing something right for the right reasons but go about it in a manner that is completely irredeemable.

Billy was 100% right though. That Luthor is a snake is no reason to act like a lunatic in response. Authority/Governance is a very sticky subject cause while authority figures control your life, that authority is inherently derived from CONSENT. Look at modern police work in America. A minority of bad cops have tainted their image nationwide, and some parts of the country have cops that can't do anything anymore because they are handcuffed by public perception of what they do. Then gangs or angry mobs run the city while the cops watch cause the public no longer consents to their authority. This is an actual issue in select locations.

It would be even worse for super heroes who have no legal basis at all. Retaining public consent for their actions is the only reason the JL can exist.. or even individual super heroes.

Attached: warmly-baked-the-breadcat-fotonew3.jpg (1500x993, 520K)

>The ends justify the means

Superman destroyed a whole neighbourhood set aside for the poor.

I mean, he could have not destroyed the neighbourhood, and by the end of the season, Lex still would have went Braniac and got his shit stuffed in.

And those poor people would still have houses.

Not like now.

I'm sure at least one of them died in the mean streets of Metropolis.

Superman is a supermurderer.

Sometimes you just start typing and even you are suprised what comes out.

>Dan Turpin

Literally too good for this rotten world. Too good even for a fantasy world. I watched the original broadcasts of that show and that episode physically hurt me.

Attached: 1497158464926.png (1024x682, 77K)

Fuck you Jerry O'Connell. Kangaroo Jack sucked.

Attached: supe.jpg (2040x1150, 146K)

The city in this case was yet to be populated, Lex just built it(and goaded the fight to happen) so that he could feign disappointment that Superman would destroy the city he had built for the less fortunate along with mistaking a free power generator for a bomb. So despite being nearly 10 years before MOS, it almost feels like a meta commentary on it.

You once brought hope

Attached: D1473B7C-18F8-4419-B209-A6BED00C0F5A.jpg (749x1117, 230K)

Now, I bring Justice.

Attached: E308109A-9053-4974-89AE-0C460C5C8ADE.jpg (770x578, 36K)

That was retarded. Shazam is as invulnerable as Superman. NRS are hacks.

I didn't catch that part where the city was empty.

Neat.

Also, damn, he's mega rich. Damn. Lex can get under anyone's skin, even those made of steel.

At that point in time, he had what was basically a blank check thanks to working for the Government.

Didn't lex steal the kryptonite for the generator thou.

Justice is blind not heartless

Attached: C7662A88-6C73-4629-8648-BCB633329271.jpg (424x618, 59K)

He paid for that city. The government is not going to build cities for poor people to live and give them free housing, this is America, goddamn it.

It will if it means being petty and winning the superhuman arms race.

Injustice intro quotes are the shit.
I had come up with stuff for Overwatch, back when it was still relevant.

It was the new gods of Shazam or something

No proof that he did.

BUT THE LOCK WAS NANOPICKED... LEX CORP TECHNOLOGY.

Yeah supes was wrong but Luther played it out that way and he really was up to something. I mean if billy had minded his own fucking business the buildings would have been fine.

MCUfags don't read HQs

> So despite being nearly 10 years before MOS, it almost feels like a meta commentary on it.
>hurr durr there is never collateral damge in the comics, Superman is perfect and never makes mistakes XD

read comics

Attached: 2013-03-19_222753_AdventuresOfSuperman431p02.jpg (599x905, 339K)

kek

What's his fucking problen?

Attached: SupermanFamily184.jpg (400x616, 79K)

I don't understand why the series shat so hard on Superman

Fuk u billy.

Does superman kill him?

>defacing currency
>acceptable
Killing The Prankster is too lenient, should’ve tortured him to death

He is just a kid, but how is that balanced with the wisdom of Solomon?

Based

Here's your (you)

Attached: 1567472878801.png (737x739, 148K)

Attached: knockknock.jpg (220x178, 15K)

Maybe from Captain Marvels perspective

Bruce Timm wanted to suck Bruce Wayne's dick literally and figuratively

>but Lex did nothing wrong
try telling that to the school children who went without cakes

Bruce, don't you have some Babs and Joker fan fic to finish up?

No matter what happened it wasn’t “the League isn’t heroes anymore” bad.

Yeah, because in the comics he wasn't his uncle.

I miss JLU.

>having super have some loses = "shat so hard on superman"
No wonder people prefer Allmight.

No.

It is a shame that Captain Marvel never appears after this episode