Does Gumball's first season hold up well after 8 years?

Does Gumball's first season hold up well after 8 years?

Attached: TAWOGSeason1DVD.jpg (500x701, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Z7Cyfh6HZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The earlier seasons are the best. before the show devolved into nothing but pop culture references and self referential humor and non stop yelling.

i never hated the early designs for gumball and the gang. they were fine. i don't remember shit about the plots and jokes of the early episodes though.

I remember this first coming on during this 2011-2013 period when CN was churning out the likes of Problem Solverz, SMFA, Looney Tunes Show, and Annoying Orange.

Gumball obviously caught on better,

This. Watching those first episodes as they were premiering was fckin amazing I tell you.

/thread

anything over season 2 isn't worth watching

I've never understood the people who say season 1 is good. It's awful when compared to any other season. Season 2 and 3 are the best.

>tfw bluray set never

Attached: The Amazing World of Gumball Anais And Jamie's Friendship Cartoon Network UK .mp4_snapsho (1920x1080, 1.95M)

ealier seasons are genuinely worse than the later ones. it's just a generic shitshow compared to the rest.

Why are all the blue characters always traps?

Attached: 1565450378082.png (630x720, 294K)

Did Darwin's personality change as the seasons progressed? Like he started acting more and more like Gumball, possibly because of his influence.

He wanted to stop being the MCs sidekick which he believed would be accomplished by behaving like the MC

So Penny was really a Muslim and the peanut was a euphemism for the hijab.

Attached: Human Penny.png (269x277, 152K)

Season 1 Darwin was a completely different character from the later seasons. Season 2 onwards he is kind of a goody two shoes, I honestly hated him until the episode where he became Hitler and it recontextualized his personality.

Mid-season Gumball > early Gumball > current Gumball

The show really went to shit right around that episode where the kids get trapped in proverbial "hell."

Yes, Gumball cured a girl out being muslim

>Annoying Orange
Still couldn’t believe this became a show on CN. They were smart enough to cancel it and take it off the air after barely two years.

How can I be like Gumball?

no fucking way this show is 8 years old.

preach the word of our Lord Jesus Christ

Attached: DEUS VULT.jpg (400x221, 22K)

I mean personality-wise

Eh, I still like the newer seasons. They're not great, but they have enough entertaining moments to make them worthwhile for me. My main problem is just the amount and intensity of the gross-out gags. I get it's a kids show, but some of the jokes made me genuinely nauseous.

I just hate how Gumball went from a lovable naive troublemaker to a huge fucking asshole

Yeah, agreed. Flanderization is a bitch.

Dishes. He became awesomer

*Disagreed. Damn auto-correct.

This may as well be gumballs standard expression in later seasons when he isn't doing that disgusting other face they started to do

Always looks pissed at the world

Attached: gumball.png (245x298, 163K)

Nah, he's just hypnotically charismatic

Season 1 was a near-masterpiece and it makes me sad to imagine what this show could have been

I always have a soft spot for S1 even if the S2 and S3 have better writing. I miss when Gumball, Darwin, and Nicole were more sweet and innoncent

Wasn't there a balance between the two for one of the seasons?

>I just hate how Gumball went from a lovable naive troublemaker to a huge fucking asshole
the reason they did that is cause he was too lovable and naive in Season 1 and early in Season 2, it basically made the fact that he's the universe's punching bag just feel unpleasant rather than funny, as that type of thing only works for comedy if the Karma lines up, hence why later on they made him more of an asshole

That's a cat for you.
Lovable little kitten grows into bitch ass ungrateful freeloader.

Every season which isn't South_Park.ish one held well

I love this interpretation, nice one user

Gumball deserves a proper ending?

How is he hypnotic?

No, he became awesomer

By the way, What is your favorite episodes in tawog? Mine is The Matchmaker, The Love, The Storm, Christmas and The Buddy.

Waiting for the movie

>Looney Tunes Show

But that was good.
>inb4 "no it wasn't"
Yes it was.

Why are none of the blue girls reverse traps?

Season One is nice but the writing for a lot of the main characters are caricatures just like the ones you'd find in Season 5 and Season 6, it's just that everyone is a silly naive dumbass in the first season while the later seasons has everyone as a stupid insensitive dumbass.
It also really underutilized the world they live in. We explore the world through the lens of Gumball, but it is still rather a mundane attempt unlike season 2 and 3. Not a lot of characters are explored (and in some cases I wish they never were explored to the degree that some got), but they all feel like fancy decorations rather than characters.
I will give it that it does the best to utilize realistic backgrounds and has really beautiful 2D art design. Some characters are the best in s1, such as Tina and Nicole. I'm not a waifufag but S1 Nicole really is a great character in comparison to the others.

The Yiff.

Looney Tunes Show was good tho

Not really.

he became a much better character

The later seasons are still funny, but it is weird looking back at early seasons when it was still genuinely a kid's show means to be viewed by kids. And not filled with tons of 90s era references that no kid would grasp.

That character's a female though.

Attached: Gumball.jpg (480x360, 24K)

I remember watching a few episodes. I never got into it.

Why is Gumball so gay?

Secret Mountain was pure underrated kino.

After Penny Stopped being a Muslim, Did Penny became an Atheist?

No, the early seasons of Gumball are even more shit than Flapjack and Chowder combined.

Season 1 is awful and the series' worst. Ignore the other anons.

>The show really went to shit right around that episode where the kids get trapped in proverbial "hell."
The void? That's literally just Grant Morrison's Limbo. It's not that original.

Honest I don't get how anyone can say this season is comfy when Gumball gets a lot of shit thrown at him.
He's a clueless defenseless child in s1 and if he was a hair wiser he'd be a broken child.

This show has been on the air for 11 years.

I can't fucking stand that you've made a thread reminding me of this. It's forever cemented as a "new" cartoon in my mind.

>11 years.
Hold up.

>Not liking Flapjack
You're dead to me, user.

>11 years
God damnit

The Naked Game

too much momrape

It had better art style on most characters, and more fluid animation too.

Attached: file.png (825x464, 584K)

I stopped enjoying the show when it became pic related

Attached: friggin sweet darwin.png (695x605, 434K)

>it's been 8 years

Attached: 1473201997530.jpg (640x480, 98K)

It's the one that hold up the best dude

I post this on every Gumball thread and will continue to do so until I figure out why.

For whatever reason the existance, along with the extreme popularity of Gumball (with fan made videos getting millions of views on youtube, for instance) makes me extremely depressed to the point of getting near panic attacks from merely seeing this thread in the catalogue. You guys have no idea how fast my heart is beating. Nothing makes me feel worse than this thing and I don't know why. I didn't even watch the show much when it came out. For some reason knowing that it may never get a movie or that people have mostly forgotten about it makes me irrationally happy, which doesn't make sense because I didn't hate the show at all. And thinking about the show, and aspects of it like how people like/dislike the later seasons etc. makes me want to shove a knife in my chest. i'm fucking sweating

Thinking of telling my psychiatrist about this.

Attached: gumball-video-app-volume2_58307-96914_1.jpg (720x405, 53K)

It was fucking perfect. Naive and innocent Gumball and Darwin are the pinnacle of this show. The later seasons still have some good stuff (Richard's dad, Penny stuff, Musicals).

Are you okay user

Attached: 7d8d20135c6371d9af8edb1481986f89a3ebea033a94731d514017d30320ac5e.png (640x480, 205K)

Actually, if you think about it, Gumball being an asshole is just him realizing he's stuck as a kid and he'll never go beyond a kid (see The Kids), that everything he does is gonna be wiped away via end credits (see The Finale). Oh and the whole "turns out this whole thing is a TV show" at the end of The Signal.

Long story short, he can't grow up, nothing ever changes AND turns out his entire life is a lie. Yeah, I'd be an asshole too.

To be honest, this scene and the episode it's from changed my opinion of the show unfavorably: youtu.be/_Z7Cyfh6HZo

It went from being a charming kids show to something much more toxic.

Season 1 Gumball and Darwin were basically the same character.

Attached: wr97ootzkef11.png (533x638, 152K)

Darwin was dumber. As in, that was all he was.

"Ara ara, Gummypuss"

How can one little blue cat be so based?

Attached: 1563404270065.gif (370x277, 408K)

that's quite right user, can't you tell from her new design?

Attached: nupenny.png (1200x1441, 880K)

What's the most depraved sex act Nicole has ever forced Gumball to perform on her

handholding

That's to vanilla for Nicole, I'm thinking head pats.

Close. It's head rubs

Attached: mommy_kitty.png (2000x2000, 372K)

No probably not but I've taken my pills and they usually calm me down when I'm in this type of of panic or whatever you wanna call this state. i-ll probably go to sleep soon and that may calm me down a bit
Not really. I think Darwin was a goody two shoes while Gumball liked to think of himself as a lot wittier than he really was. Overall Darwin was a lot happier but much more naive kid. Never really felt he changed much but I didn't watch anything past season 4 for obvious reasons in my earlier post

Fuck this post came out with more typos than I wanted I need to not type so fast

Attached: 62b59be95228b1a415041ce8ee550f7e.jpg (400x566, 37K)

Fuck the fairy design honestly

Oh, almost forgot that any positive growth he might had is immediately undone due to many, many sources (the hard reset everytime the episode ends, Rob rewinding the show, the Void outright erases their memories). It's like the entire universe made sure that Gumball Watterson and his entire family stay the way they are.

I want to protect this cute fairy

Can't wait for the reboot to get picked up by Adult Swim that has Gumball overtly lusting for his mom's huge ass while she remains blissfully ignorant of his attention, while simultaneously being really handsy and touchy in her wholesome motherly love for him

Had Chowder really aged that poorly. I haven’t even seen the show since it ended.

i miss those times

I'm kinda hoping the writers really run with this and make the show progressively more of a psychological drama about a kid realizing he's trapped in surrealist hell.

the power of /pol/