What am I in for?

Just picked up this on the cheap today, never seen an episode. Is it Spiderverse level webkino or should I have spent the $15 on a bootleg bluray of Amazing Friends on eBay?

Attached: 97232C60-BB38-44DB-A59F-50040F09CBF3.jpg (1536x2358, 666K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8MOSAkLsI
mega.nz/#F!IdZ3DaLb!c92WJ4KntiSvo1bVv-poiA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you like spider-man you're in for the best modern retelling of his high school life with a disappointing cliffhanger ending. If you're not a spider-man fan you're in for a solid action series with some good slice of life drama that of course ends with a cliffhanger ending. Honestly it's one of the best cartoons marvel ever put out, I probably rewatch it yearly on crackle.

>liberties taken with source material
>ugly art style
>good animation
>everyone is a high schooler
>more shipping than a harem manga
>uneven villain quality
>decent overarching plot
All in all it's quite solid, just not the masterpiece people who grew up watching it make it out to be.

It's a great show on every front

You’re a lucky bitch, user. Fucking yes, buy it already. If this thread is still alive, give us your reactions.

Attached: 538EC7E7-0CBA-48CD-89C8-49FF457D1309.jpg (410x308, 27K)

It’s certainly one of those series that changes things but I found that for every one change I didn’t like there were two that I did. I don’t think the show is perfect but I think it was on its way

>is it Spiderverse level
Even better, it's actually good, fantastic even.

Nice dubs
Spiderverse obviously has better animation but spectacular has more creative story telling

Shortstack Doc Ock

TREACHERY!!!!!!

Spectacular also adapts the best runs of Spider-Man ever, whereas Spider-Verse adapts some of the worst ones (pretty much the three directly below OMD and Sins Past)

I did buy it, just checking with the Yea Forumsnsensus to make sure it wasn’t overhyped before I cracked it open and can’t return it.

I’m reading the Lee/Romita run for the first time and it’s a lot of fun (not Ditko-level but close) so I hope this show has a similar comfy vibe.

My scores for today

Attached: F98BA8C4-4A83-464C-949C-37171F3D1EDD.jpg (4032x3024, 2.36M)

I did not care for Spectacular Spider-Man.

Attached: insists.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

>Still no complete DVD sets of Spider-Man TAS from the 90s
It's not fair, lads.

Attached: 1473646525722.jpg (584x448, 26K)

It's not the masterpiece, but it lives up to most of the hype. Just be a little bit open minded regarding art style (animation more than makes up for it), various changes in origins (most make sense in my opinion) and CW tier love triangles (it actually was in fact on CW channel at some point and mostly true to comics).

Oh, and also Greg Weisman made Osborn his multilayered mastermind who loses and gets shit beaten out of him IRONICALLY. If you aren't familiar with Weisman 1. Gargoyels 2. Young Justice. His Osborn is somewhere in the middle between Xanatos and Luthor.

But bottom line is that if Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes was Marvel's Justice League, Spectacular Spider-Man is definitely Marvel's Batman TAS with very little exaggeration. Fuck, 2008-2012 was peak of Marvel Animation, why did it have to go so wrong.

That’s awesome user I wish you luck on your spider journey, I’d like to recommend spider-man and the x-men as a small book to read through after you finish up. Is this your first foray into the webhead?

>It insists upon itself

I miss this show so much damn it and I hate how Marvel and Disney pretty much have to treat it like a red-headed stepchild because they don't completely own the rights to it. So, it's pretty much rotting in Crackle while most of the older Marvel cartoons will likely make their way to Disney Plus.

I dunno the 90s stuff is partially owned by San an I think, it’s the reason we’ve never gotten any proper season releases for that particular cartoon. Though I would love a box set containing all of the 90s cartoons

One of my history teachers in high school was a really big fan of this show, I think it's because he was pretty into Spider-Man comics going back a ways though

I've been a casual (the dreaded c-word!) Spidey fan since the 90s show was on, and I've read most of the big stories (Ditko run, Superior, Stern/JRJR, Kraven's Last Hunt, anything drawn by Mike Wieringo), but this last year or so, between Zdarsky's stuff, the Romita run, Mantlo's Spectacular run and Spider-Verse/Far From Home, I'm moving from thinking Spidey's good but overrated to actually calling myself a fan. So I figured SSM:TAS was a logical next step.

At what point should I bail on the post-Lee ASM, though? Is Conway pretty solid throughout?

Attached: 1303606928002.jpg (499x364, 32K)

(Oh, and I'm ride or die with Untold Tales. For me, almost nothing measures up to that run.)

Look at all the fucks I don’t give. They’re literally falling from the sky.

... I was answering somebody who isn't you? So, like, eat shit and stuff?

Attached: 8wx5dkm1zn421.jpg (648x960, 191K)

Show blew my mind when I first watched it. I kind of like what they did with Tombstone now. Really, the only weird thing to come out of Spectacular is Josh Keaton, who is kind of a meme now.
Finally, when you’re done watching, you can fill the Spectacular-shaped hole in your heart with this: m.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8MOSAkLsI

>Spectacular Spider-Man is definitely Marvel's Batman TAS
Couldn’t agree more, especially with how close the art style comes to DCAU.

>Spiderverse
>webkino
Please kys

Sorry, but no. I was actually quoting another of those 60’s spider man memes. It’s the one with a clusterfuck of crates falling in the background.

Okay? Is mentioning memes a thing now? Anyway, I’m sorry, you are excused from the shit-eating. Go in peace.

I’m too lazy to go look for that specific meme and post it.

Josh Keaton is a meme now?

Well he DID do those Spidey meme videos.

Spidey is comsistantly good throughout the 70s and 80s honestly between the three books he eventually gets he doesn’t get truly bad until the 90s when the clone saga gets going

mega.nz/#F!IdZ3DaLb!c92WJ4KntiSvo1bVv-poiA
here

But it was made by sony
not marvel

Completely? I meant it more in tandem with avengers EMH and Wolverine and the X-men which were its contemporaries at the time. But I suppose you’re right that it was completely a Sony production

Yeah for some reason Sony surrendered the rights to make spider-man tv shows (Last I heard it was a chice between keeping the tv rights or the movie rights) and then marvel began producing Spider-man: diet family guy edition

It's sad that keeping the movie rights was a no brainer but honestly if it was up to me I would've scutteled the garfield movies if it ment even just one more season of spectacular